PDA

View Full Version : Big 3 FA RB's...who you got

broncswin
05-01-2012, 05:47 PM
So out of Grant, Addai, and Benson, who do you want the broncos to kick the tires on?

I would like to see them go after Addai. Very familiar with manning and offense, would not believe he should get all the work and would be great for mentoring hillman...also he would come the cheapest.

Bacchus
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
So out of Grant, Addai, and Benson, who do you want the broncos to kick the tires on?

I would like to see them go after Addai. Very familiar with manning and offense, would not believe he should get all the work and would be great for mentoring hillman...also he would come the cheapest.

Pass on all of them, thank you.

Doggcow
05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Addai because of the rapport.

I wish we had just signed Polk. He's a beast.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Pass on all of them, thank you.

So your happy with what we have right now? Not trying to argue, just want to know why you have that much confidence in what we have.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-01-2012, 05:56 PM
So your happy with what we have right now? Not trying to argue, just want to know why you have that much confidence in what we have.

The better question is why you think the guys you mention, who no one seems to want, are better options?

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:01 PM
The better question is why you think the guys you mention, who no one seems to want, are better options?

Because knowshon is terrible..don't know how fannin will come back, lance ball is below all three of those guys, hillman is a rookie and mcgahee is likely to catch the injury bug again this year. That's why

BroncoInferno
05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
I doubt we bring in any of them, but of that group I'd prefer Benson. Addai and Grant were never very good.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Because knowshon is terrible..don't know how fannin will come back, lance ball is below all three of those guys, hillman is a rookie and mcgahee is likely to catch the injury bug again this year. That's why

None of those guys mentioned are playing special teams...or have anything all that special about them.

And i think, if Know stays healthy, this is the kind of offense he can have success with.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I doubt we bring in any of them, but of that group I'd prefer Benson. Addai and Grant were never very good.

I agree that he is the best of the three, but don't think he would fit this team. I heard Clayton saying he would be a good fit with Oakland...I don't want him to go there

Agamemnon
05-01-2012, 06:09 PM

So you think Addai is better than Moreno? Hilarious!

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
None of those guys mentioned are playing special teams...or have anything all that special about them.

And i think, if Know stays healthy, this is the kind of offense he can have success with.

Sure hope your right about know, i doubt it, but good point on special teams. I still think we add another back though.

Arkie
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
Addai is worth a shot. He has caught a lot of balls out of the backfield from Manning. He would hold up better in Denver's backfield where he's not relied upon as the feature back. He's younger than I thought, only 28.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
So you think Addai is better than Moreno? Hilarious!

Personally, I think addai at this point is not, but he brings an understanding of the offense and a comfort level for manning...but lets not act like knowshon is anything but shiat so far.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Fannin will surprise everyone and make you forget we even had an RB quandary.

RaiderH8r
05-01-2012, 06:19 PM
I preferred Tolbert and Turbin: TNT

Of those three I pass on all. We can grab Jabba though to catch some balls.

Agamemnon
05-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Personally, I think addai at this point is not, but he brings an understanding of the offense and a comfort level for manning...but lets not act like knowshon is anything but shiat so far.

Addai has never been better than Moreno, and Moreno isn't particularly good. His familiarity with Manning means nothing.

baja
05-01-2012, 06:23 PM
I think this players mentoring players is way over rated especially the running back position.

I can see it now, "Well kid ya take the ball see and you run see. Oh and don't fumble, got it? "

Manning (if he would do it) and Champ are two exceptions but other than that isn't that why coaches get paid.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Addai has never been better than Moreno, and Moreno isn't particularly good. His familiarity with Manning means nothing.

When your a fan boy of a certain player nothing can open your eyes...good luck with that..and I sure as hell hope your future predictions of knowshon being particularly good come true. Familiarity always means something.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Fannin will surprise everyone and make you forget we even had an RB quandary.

That would be awesome, kid looked special last year in the little time he had:strong:

DBroncos4life
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
None unless something happens to McGahee during camp. New England brought in Addai and passed on him and they love sifting through trash to see if they have anything left.

Lestat
05-01-2012, 07:03 PM
wait til cuts shake down. no need to grab a RB right now. you have Willis,Ronnie,Mario,Lance & Knowshon coming back from injury. let camps play out right now and see who either gets cut or turns into trade bait.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-01-2012, 07:06 PM
That would be awesome, kid looked special last year in the little time he had:strong:

Did he even take a preseason carry for us?

Chris
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
I think this players mentoring players is way over rated especially the running back position.

I can see it now, "Well kid ya take the ball see and you run see. Oh and don't fumble, got it? "

Manning (if he would do it) and Champ are two exceptions but other than that isn't that why coaches get paid.

I like that they all sound like Jimmy Cagney.

baja
05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I like that they all sound like Jimmy Cagney.

Are you tooting your horn? ;D

avi ref.

broncswin
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM

Don't remember, just talking about his career

gunns
05-01-2012, 07:23 PM
I preferred Tolbert and Turbin: TNT

Of those three I pass on all. We can grab Jabba though to catch some balls.

Agree on your first sentence. I don't really want any of those 3 but if had to, in order, Benson, Grant, and if I really have to Addai. He's another Moreno, always hurt and rarely truly productive. I don't see much of a relationship between him and Manning as Addai was rarely on the field.

Drunken.Broncoholic

He shows promise. That injury set him back. The way he runs though shows a lot of potential. 5'10" 230 and runs a 4.37 at the combine. When used at auburn he produced. But they didn't feature him. If anything he's intriguing.

misturanderson
When your a fan boy of a certain player nothing can open your eyes...good luck with that..and I sure as hell hope your future predictions of knowshon being particularly good come true. Familiarity always means something.

I feel like you read that post wrong.

Agamemnon
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM

What the **** are you talking about? I'm not a fan boy of anyone. Moreno is mediocre and injury prone. Addai just flat out sucks. Seriously if you think Addai would help this team you are on crack.

baja
05-01-2012, 09:53 PM
What's wrong with crack???

Oh do you mean the drug.