PDA

View Full Version : OT: final The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Xenos
04-30-2012, 11:07 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g8evyE9TuYk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Very somber. Even more so than the previous films.

cutthemdown
04-30-2012, 11:18 PM
wow i hate the cat woman mask. Let me guess Batman looks to be defeated, all is lost, saved by a cynical catwoman who then will become a thorn in batmans side but not a true antagonist. Batman will go on to kill the antagonist and our tortured protaganist is the hero once again and the people trust him more and more.

Wes Mantooth
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
wow i hate the cat woman mask. Let me guess Batman looks to be defeated, all is lost, saved by a cynical catwoman who then will become a thorn in batmans side but not a true antagonist. Batman will go on to kill the antagonist and our tortured protaganist is the hero once again and the people trust him more and more.

I'm pretty sure the antagonist disables the protagonist.

Rolandftw
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
Looks hella sweet to me. It's good that they actually are going to have Bane talk and not be a complete retard, unlike the previous rendition of him in Batman & Robin.

Fedaykin
04-30-2012, 11:34 PM
I'll be in my bunk...

canadianbroncosfan
04-30-2012, 11:34 PM
YES!!!!!!

But also have to bump this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wHZT4ZExHA

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 02:26 AM
this looks so boring. Bane is a ****ty villian. I am going to be so happy when the studio replaces Nolan as the director and Bale as Batman in the inevitable reboot/remake of the series

Bacchus
05-01-2012, 03:45 AM

Is that Catwoman? I thought it looked more like Batgirl or somesh1t.

Bacchus
05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
YES!!!!!!

But also have to bump this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wHZT4ZExHA

Now that is a sequel I NEED to watch!!!

UberBroncoMan
05-01-2012, 04:50 AM
this looks so boring. Bane is a ****ty villian. I am going to be so happy when the studio replaces Nolan as the director and Bale as Batman in the inevitable reboot/remake of the series

I like the films, but never really understood why he went with Bane here. Bane is all about ooze **** that turns him into a ****ing hulk. Very fantastical. Something which Nolan's movies do not incorporate.

Riddler would have been pretty cool, but probably would have been too close to the Joker.

ShutDownPoster
05-01-2012, 05:25 AM
Color me unimpressed. I mean I love the EPIC scale and all, but too much hype, and not enough to take home with me.

Ray Finkle
05-01-2012, 05:43 AM
I like the films, but never really understood why he went with Bane here. Bane is all about ooze **** that turns him into a ****ing hulk. Very fantastical. Something which Nolan's movies do not incorporate.

Riddler would have been pretty cool, but probably would have been too close to the Joker.

not really...Bane in the other Batman movies/video games is a meat head hopped up on Venom. In the comics, he is cerbral and a terror....

chanesaw
05-01-2012, 06:27 AM
I loved the first 2 and can't wait for this one. I like how Nolan has a deeper meaning to his films rather than just making another action packed comic book movie. The first was about how public fear and destroy a population's way of life. The second was about chaos "Some men just want to see the world burn". This one seems to be about reckoning.

socalorado
05-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Watched that trailer. These movies try so hard to seem legit, and the guy is still dressed in tights and speaks with a stupid growl that is laughable. Like he intimidates people with that idiotic voice hes trying to do. I just cannot take it seriously. Its laughable really.
Also, who is the guy from Inception? is he the villian? (Who also has a stupid voice as well) I see there is the other guy from Inception as well. What character is he supposed to be? The one who floated around in the hotel hallways, fighting ther bad guys in Inception. This director uses the same actors for alot of his movies. Which is kinda cool.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Also, who is the guy from Inception? is he the villian? (Who also has a stupid voice as well)

Yes, Tom Hardy plays the villain Bane.

I see there is the other guy from Inception as well. What character is he supposed to be? The one who floated around in the hotel hallways, fighting ther bad guys in Inception. This director uses the same actors for alot of his movies. Which is kinda cool.

Joseph Gordon Levitt supposedly plays a good cop.

socalorado
05-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Yes, Tom Hardy plays the villain Bane.

Both are excellent actors.
Levitt looks like he is the "Robin" character.
He even looks like him. To me at least.
I kept waiting for him to show up with a little mask on.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-01-2012, 07:30 AM
Watched that trailer. These movies try so hard to seem legit, and the guy is still dressed in tights and speaks with a stupid growl that is laughable. Like he intimidates people with that idiotic voice hes trying to do. I just cannot take it seriously. Its laughable really.
Also, who is the guy from Inception? is he the villian? (Who also has a stupid voice as well) I see there is the other guy from Inception as well. What character is he supposed to be? The one who floated around in the hotel hallways, fighting ther bad guys in Inception. This director uses the same actors for alot of his movies. Which is kinda cool.

So wait a minute. It's a movie about a rich guy who dresses up as a bat to fight crime... and you take issue with the realism?

socalorado
05-01-2012, 07:33 AM
So wait a minute. It's a movie about a rich guy who dresses up as a bat to fight crime... and you take issue with the realism?

You know damn well that Steve Jobs had a super suit and fought crime on the east side.
He was legendary.
Thats how he really died. Fighting "Cancerous" his evil arch-enemy.
Cmon dude, where you been?

ludo21
05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
i think it looks good. Can't wait!

lolcopter
05-01-2012, 07:52 AM
This is going to be a great summer for movies starting with avengers this weekend

Prometheus looks awesome too

TheReverend
05-01-2012, 08:02 AM
Are they going to make this one into a Tebow/Manning vid as well?

DarkHorse
05-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Can't wait for this to come out

on video.

MileHighMagic
05-01-2012, 09:05 AM
I'm Batman.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-01-2012, 09:08 AM
You know damn well that Steve Jobs had a super suit and fought crime on the east side.
He was legendary.
Thats how he really died. Fighting "Cancerous" his evil arch-enemy.
Cmon dude, where you been?

Touche', sir.

TheChamp24
05-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I don't like some of the new stuff in this Batman series, but it has been very entertaining.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 09:41 AM

Wow. I'd love to know what direction you'd like to see the franchise take. As was mentioned by others in the Summer Movie thread, this pairing of Noland and Bale has essentially saved the franchise (and helped move other, improved "reboots" along IMO).

Who do you want to see take over those key roles? And what overall tone and plots would you like to see explored?

houghtam
05-01-2012, 09:48 AM
Wow. I'd love to know what direction you'd like to see the franchise take. As was mentioned by others in the Summer Movie thread, this pairing of Noland and Bale has essentially saved the franchise (and helped move other, improved "reboots" along IMO).

Who do you want to see take over those key roles? And what overall tone and plots would you like to see explored?

Most people that "hate" the Nolan series are neither fans of Batman nor the comic. They're used to the campy 60's bat-toosie, or the ok but not really anything to do with the comic books Keaton Batman. Or any one of the ****ty sequels.

Chris
05-01-2012, 10:02 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g8evyE9TuYk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Very somber. Even more so than the previous films.

I was walking downtown late last year and saw them shooting the wall street charging scene. When I left and went down to the water I saw one of the "bat copters" parked in lot with a fake batman inside it. If anyone is at all curious I'll host some shots on imageshacks.

24champ
05-01-2012, 10:08 AM

JGL is featured too much in this trailer to be just a regular good cop.

socalorado
05-01-2012, 10:21 AM

I am no big movie guy. I hate going to the movies. Crowded, and loud.
But from what i see in these trailers, he appears, and this is just my perception, to be in the role of Robin, or a sorta Robin like character.
I could be totally wrong, and i more than likley am.
He looks like what Robin would look like in one of these movie to me, i guess.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 10:26 AM

http://gotchamovies.com/news/john-blake-character-origins-in-batman

He could be a "Robin-like" character, but definitely not Robin IMO. That would be a complete departure from the comics and I don't think Nolan would stray that far with such a key character.

houghtam
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM

He could be a "Robin-like" character, but definitely not Robin IMO. That would be a complete departure from the comics and I don't think Nolan would stray that far with such a key character.

Joker is such a jerk.

Fedaykin
05-01-2012, 11:04 AM

Nolan's Batman is the Casablanca/Godfather of the comic movie genre. No, I don't mean they are as good as those epic movies, just that in comparison to all other comic movies they are the gold standard.

Also, calling the new batsuit "tights" is silly, it's easily identifiable as body armor rather than spandex. The voice is.. unfortunately performed but certainly doesn't ruin the overall experience -- and I like that the film at least tries to be realistic about someone trying to mask their voice.

The ear is a lot harder to fool than the eye. Wayne doesn't run around with no visual disguise like other, lesser, comic heroes (*cough* supes *cough*) so why should he run around speaking in his easily identifiable normal voice?

Gcver2ver3
05-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Nolan's Batman is the Casablanca/Godfather of the comic movie genre. No, I don't mean they are as good as those epic movies, just that in comparison to all other comic movies they are the gold standard.

Also, calling the new batsuit "tights" is silly, it's easily identifiable as body armor rather than spandex. The voice is.. unfortunately performed but certainly doesn't ruin the overall experience -- and I like that the film at least tries to be realistic about someone trying to mask their voice.

The ear is a lot harder to fool than the eye. Wayne doesn't run around with no visual disguise like other, lesser, comic heroes (*cough* supes *cough*) so why should he run around speaking in his easily identifiable normal voice?

Good post... and dark knight was easily as good as godfather,casablanca... dark knight was epic dont really care who disagrees...

Archer81
05-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Kind of stunned people don't like Bane as the villain. In the comics, he figures out who Batman is. Finds the Batcave. Formulates a plan. And snap's Batman's spine. In the video game Arkham City you have some side missions with Bane, who while roided out, is actually fairly intelligent. And creepy. You also have to consider...why would a Batman villain be named Bane if all he did was go into Hulk mode and smash everything? Is that really a bane? Its an annoyance. A Bane is a nemesis.

Gawd...

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 11:48 AM

Bale is and was a ****ty Batman. the tone works for me, as Batman is a dark character. my main problem is Nolan makes his movies too damn arty. they have to be serious films and not fun movies. the fact that he turned the world of Batman into something more real takes away from the character. i understand you want to make a movie that can be construed as possible, but the character is still a comic character and should retain that. Marvel is the comics studio getting movies done right. they stick to source material and while adding realism to the movies they also keep the comic vibe in the characters.

Nolan made his Batman so real, that instead of watching a Batman movie, it is like watching a cop movie but the main character is rich and wears a cape and cowl.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 11:50 AM
I think you're confusing "comic" with "comedic".

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Most people that "hate" the Nolan series are neither fans of Batman nor the comic. They're used to the campy 60's bat-toosie, or the ok but not really anything to do with the comic books Keaton Batman. Or any one of the ****ty sequels.

i have read just about every Batman comic there is. watched just about every incarnation of the character. the problem with Nolan's Batman is that he isn't Batman. the character was made so realistic that he is basically just a cop that wears a cape and cowl. there is very little of Bruce Wayne actually portrayed which is sad because you need to show he has 2 lives he is trying to lead, but the movies never show that.

and truthfully Keaton was the best Batman.

Archer81
05-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Someone should tell Nolan when Batman gets into fights he should throw a "BAM!" and "SMASH!" on screen.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 11:57 AM
I think you're confusing "comic" with "comedic".

not at all. Marvel puts the characters into the real world and keeps their same tone from the comics. Like with Thor, he is a norse god who is powerless on earth. everybody just thinks he is crazy saying he is a god. so while keeping the character true to what he is, they also have realism in the reactions of supporting characters to something that is outlandish seeming.

Nolan's movies aren't comic book movies. think about it. you can replace the Batman character with a tough cop or a private detective and not need to change much at all to still make a good movie.

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 12:03 PM
Nolan's movies aren't comic book movies. think about it. you can replace the Batman character with a tough cop or a private detective and not need to change much at all to still make a good movie.

That's a source material problem IMO, not a Nolan problem. It's not like Bruce Wayne was some norse god, alien, or something else. He WAS just a man. Batman's closest comparison in the Marvel World would be Iron Man. I personally LOVE the Iron Man movies and I think Nolan has done as good a job with Bale as Marvel has with Robert Downey Jr. in that particular regard.

24champ
05-01-2012, 12:07 PM

It would be an interesting twist if he had a Dick Grayson background and John Blake was just an alias...

Either way, the movie is about Gotham...League of Shadows returns and begins destroying the city. Hence the bridges, stadiums blowing up in the trailer.

Fedaykin
05-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Bale is and was a ****ty Batman. the tone works for me, as Batman is a dark character. my main problem is Nolan makes his movies too damn arty. they have to be serious films and not fun movies. the fact that he turned the world of Batman into something more real takes away from the character. i understand you want to make a movie that can be construed as possible, but the character is still a comic character and should retain that. Marvel is the comics studio getting movies done right. they stick to source material and while adding realism to the movies they also keep the comic vibe in the characters.

Nolan made his Batman so real, that instead of watching a Batman movie, it is like watching a cop movie but the main character is rich and wears a cape and cowl.

The realness adds to the character. Batman was always the most "real" comic -- at least until they merged him into the greater DC universe.

No superpowers, No aliens, no magic. Just a vigilante with a flare for the dramatic.

Fedaykin
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM

The essence of Batman is that he's just a "normal" guy who gets dressed up and fights crime with fantastic gadgets and immense detective skills. The tone of Nolan's films is perfect for the character. It would be a terrible tone for other comic characters, but for Batman it's near perfection. The biggest gripe I have is the opposite of what you are complaining about -- the movies don't showcase Wayne's detective prowess as much as they should.

At least they don't completely mis-understand the character and his morals like Burton's mass murdering Batman.

Tombstone RJ
05-01-2012, 12:33 PM
i have read just about every Batman comic there is. watched just about every incarnation of the character. the problem with Nolan's Batman is that he isn't Batman. the character was made so realistic that he is basically just a cop that wears a cape and cowl. there is very little of Bruce Wayne actually portrayed which is sad because you need to show he has 2 lives he is trying to lead, but the movies never show that.

meh, no. If any of the directors wanted to portray Batman the way the comic book character really is then you have a physically imposing yet non-charismatic character. Keaton is not physically imposing at all. He's short and ordinary.

Bayle is a tad better as Bruce Wayne, at least he's not 5'6" or doesn't appear to be.

Baba Booey
05-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I can't wait for this

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 12:59 PM
meh, no. If any of the directors wanted to portray Batman the way the comic book character really is then you have a physically imposing yet non-charismatic character. Keaton is not physically imposing at all. He's short and ordinary.

Bayle is a tad better as Bruce Wayne, at least he's not 5'6" or doesn't appear to be.

stature and looks wise, Keaton was a terrible pick, but actual portrayal he kills it. he is menacing and scary as Batman which he should be to criminals, yet he also portrays Bruce Wayne. he shows him as the cocky arrogant lonely figure. in Nolan's Batman there is no portrayal of Bruce Wayne. he is just Batman not in his suit. he has 1 life. Keaton's Batman showed a guy struggling to put equal effort into both lives, being a vigilante and also being what everyone expects a rich playboy to be.

Tombstone RJ
05-01-2012, 01:04 PM
stature and looks wise, Keaton was a terrible pick, but actual portrayal he kills it. he is menacing and scary as Batman which he should be to criminals, yet he also portrays Bruce Wayne. he shows him as the cocky arrogant lonely figure. in Nolan's Batman there is no portrayal of Bruce Wayne. he is just Batman not in his suit. he has 1 life. Keaton's Batman showed a guy struggling to put equal effort into both lives, being a vigilante and also being what everyone expects a rich playboy to be.

I guess I disagree. I see the Bayle Bruce Wayne as just as true to the comic book Bruce Wayne as Keaton. I know that Keaton was chosen by the director (can't remember his name) because Keaton can act and the Batman action scenes were secondary to the character acting. However in the current series of movies Bayle and the director strike a very, very good balance between the Bruce Wayne person and the Batman alter ego.

socalorado
05-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Yeah, i agree. These movies try so hard to make it seem realistic. And in the end the batman is laughable. Hes a guy in tights or body armor or whatever, trying to be a super cop, running around trying to sound bad ass with that stupid voice hes trying to do. I will see the movie though. when it comes out on showtime or hBo or whatever. then i will watch it.
I just watched Inception. Cool movie. A few months before that i watched Avatar. It was Ok, kinda overhyped by folks who saw it at the theatre. Pocahantas in space.

TheReverend
05-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Keaton's Batman showed a guy struggling to put equal effort into both lives, being a vigilante and also being what everyone expects a rich playboy to be.

Totally

http://acephalous.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2df453ef014e605afa6f970c-500wi

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jXMIsK3dV50/SWt4deFapBI/AAAAAAAAFyQ/2xlH7P1r1HE/s400/vlcsnap-1023442.png

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.comicsalliance.com/media/2011/09/dk03-1315764421.jpg

Oh wait...

houghtam
05-01-2012, 01:18 PM
Totally

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jXMIsK3dV50/SWt4deFapBI/AAAAAAAAFyQ/2xlH7P1r1HE/s400/vlcsnap-1023442.png

Oh wait...

Don't forget when he bought that hotel so his dates could swim in the fountain.

TheReverend
05-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Don't forget when he bought that hotel so his dates could swim in the fountain.

I think that's the first pic

Beantown Bronco
05-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Sir, the pool is for decoration, and your friends do not have swimwear.

Well, they're European.

houghtam
05-01-2012, 01:22 PM
I think that's the first pic

tis. but no "swim wear"

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Totally

Oh wait...

so the 3 minutes in Batman Begins and 3 more in Dark Knight actually show that he is having fun as Bruce Wayne. it isn't only his actions as a playboy, he has no business sense. he has no mind beyond gadgetry and crime fighting. Bruce Wayne is basically a darker version of Tony Stark. that is how you do an alter ego properly. half the movie is Tony Stark's life as a rich spoiled kid and all the fun he has in that role, and the other half is him as Iron Man. Nolan's Batman has only a few minutes worth of actual Bruce Wayne in the movies. the rest of the time he is either in the suit fighting crime, or he is out of his suit working on more stuff for Batman. there is no secondary life.

Archer81
05-01-2012, 02:07 PM
So a man who had his parents murdered in front of him is supposed to pretend that his obsession with justice is not the focal point of his life, and show more scenes as Bruce Wayne, CEO.

Is the movie called Batman or Bruce Wayne?

Chris
05-01-2012, 02:13 PM
so the 3 minutes in Batman Begins and 3 more in Dark Knight actually show that he is having fun as Bruce Wayne. it isn't only his actions as a playboy, he has no business sense. he has no mind beyond gadgetry and crime fighting. Bruce Wayne is basically a darker version of Tony Stark. that is how you do an alter ego properly. half the movie is Tony Stark's life as a rich spoiled kid and all the fun he has in that role, and the other half is him as Iron Man. Nolan's Batman has only a few minutes worth of actual Bruce Wayne in the movies. the rest of the time he is either in the suit fighting crime, or he is out of his suit working on more stuff for Batman. there is no secondary life.

That's an interesting point. Bale can play the dick well - see American Psycho. Would like to see more of that but I think Nolan is extremely focused, maybe too much so.

houghtam
05-01-2012, 02:14 PM

Maybe if he had 30 movies to work with, Nolan would have decided to strike that balance. In two movies, a total of about 5 hours of footage, 5 minutes is all he needs to tell the story, because the story isn't about Bruce Wayne the playboy, it's about Bruce Wayne the Batman. When telling a story, especially one where you only have about 2 hours or so to do it, you make sacrifices that move your plot along. I challenge you to name for me any superfluous scenes that they could have replaced with "I'm a playboy" scenes, and still made the movie flow and move toward a central plot.

Sorry buddy, it's just not central to the plot enough to spend more than a few minutes on it. The audiences got the point, he's a millionaire, he can do whatever he wants, that's all you need.

55CrushEm
05-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Maybe if he had 30 movies to work with, Nolan would have decided to strike that balance. In two movies, a total of about 5 hours of footage, 5 minutes is all he needs to tell the story, because the story isn't about Bruce Wayne the playboy, it's about Bruce Wayne the Batman. When telling a story, especially one where you only have about 2 hours or so to do it, you make sacrifices that move your plot along. I challenge you to name for me any superfluous scenes that they could have replaced with "I'm a playboy" scenes, and still made the movie flow and move toward a central plot.

Sorry buddy, it's just not central to the plot enough to spend more than a few minutes on it. The audiences got the point, he's a millionaire, he can do whatever he wants, that's all you need.

Yup.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 02:52 PM

yes it is central to the plot, Bruce Wayne is just as big of a figure in the world of Batman as Batman is. and while i agree the Dark KNight had no big scenes that could or should have been dropped for the sake of showcasing Bruce Wayne more, little things could be changed in the portrayal. like him sleeping through a board meeting. Bruce Wayne wouldn't do that. he is invested in the company completely, but Nolan shows that he could care less about the company his family built, as long as the science division is still operating. it is little things like that, that to me make the character boring.

i think the movies are good, but i just don't think it is a Batman or comic book movie. it is just a detective series for the most part of a completely singleminded character.

TheChamp24
05-01-2012, 03:07 PM
People need to realize Batman was always declared as the world's greatest detective.
Like someone said, some of the new Batman seems "too real" at times.

Rigs11
05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
if you really want to experience the batman universe forget the movies, play the games instead:Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. they put those movies to shame.

Agamemnon
05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Bane looks so stupid to me.

snowspot66
05-01-2012, 04:13 PM

Actually the voice is worked over pretty hard in post. Can't blame the actor on that one.

lostknight
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Hard to believe that anyone can't buy into the movies, and that Nolan's direction of the movie is the reason why. It's hard to point to a more effective director, and a person telling better stories in Hollywood right now.

I'm glad that he is stepping out of these movies, and I am also glad Bale has the integrity to go with. They told their story, and are going from there.

For thoose of you who don't know the story that Nolan's getting ready to retell, hang on. It will be fun.

extralife
05-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Bruce Wayne is basically a darker version of Tony Stark. that is how you do an alter ego properly. half the movie is Tony Stark's life as a rich spoiled kid and all the fun he has in that role, and the other half is him as Iron Man. Nolan's Batman has only a few minutes worth of actual Bruce Wayne in the movies. the rest of the time he is either in the suit fighting crime, or he is out of his suit working on more stuff for Batman. there is no secondary life.

duh, this is the point. tony start isn't ironman, he's tony stark. bruce wayne is batman. billionaire playboy is the excretion of the raging fusion between supergo and id that is batman's defective psyche. bruce wayne is the man for the cameras; he's what batman thinks the world thinks a person should be like.

Fedaykin
05-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Hard to believe that anyone can't buy into the movies, and that Nolan's direction of the movie is the reason why. It's hard to point to a more effective director, and a person telling better stories in Hollywood right now.

I'm glad that he is stepping out of these movies, and I am also glad Bale has the integrity to go with. They told their story, and are going from there.

For thoose of you who don't know the story that Nolan's getting ready to retell, hang on. It will be fun.

I'm delighted and terrified. Delighted that Nolan and Co. won't drag it out unnecessarily, terrified that the studios will. Hopefully the next Batman is another "reboot".

24champ
05-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Bane looks so stupid to me.

Looks pretty badass to me.

http://i.minus.com/ibke9FRmNyKgBz.gif

bowtown
05-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Don't actually believe you've ever read any of the comic books or watched the movies.

bowtown
05-01-2012, 06:04 PM
yes it is central to the plot, Bruce Wayne is just as big of a figure in the world of Batman as Batman is. and while i agree the Dark KNight had no big scenes that could or should have been dropped for the sake of showcasing Bruce Wayne more, little things could be changed in the portrayal. like him sleeping through a board meeting. Bruce Wayne wouldn't do that. he is invested in the company completely, but Nolan shows that he could care less about the company his family built, as long as the science division is still operating. it is little things like that, that to me make the character boring.

i think the movies are good, but i just don't think it is a Batman or comic book movie. it is just a detective series for the most part of a completely singleminded character.

Nope.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Don't actually believe you've ever read any of the comic books or watched the movies.

believe what you want. but Nolan, Bale and this incarnation of Batman is decent but vastly overrated.

Archer81
05-01-2012, 06:16 PM
The Batman in Arkham Asylum and Arkham City is how Batman is, and should be. But you can do things in games that you cant really do in movies, which is kind of strange.

After that, Nolan is pretty close. Batman is supposed to be dark and violent. His adversaries are not caricatures and jokes. Imagine Zsaz in a Joel Schumacher batman flick...dude would be living in the west village and likes to kidnap pets. Not be a serial killer who carves numbers into his body as reminders.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Nope.

Nope?

ok, what about Bruce Wayne the philantropist, Bruce Wayne the businessman, Bruce Wayne the rich playboy. for appearance sake in the comics he has to keep up with the Bruce Wayne persona and does so, so much that, yes, Bruce Wayne is integral to the story.

in Nolan's Batman universe he is just Batman. the way Nolan portrays him, when in the suit he fights crime and out of the suit he is focused on what he needs to do when he is back in the suit. he is all about Batman, there is no other thoughts on his mind.

Agamemnon
05-01-2012, 06:46 PM

You and I clearly have different ideas of what "badass" is. Looks like a grown man trick-or-treating to me.

Jay3
05-01-2012, 06:50 PM
This movie will be epic.

snowspot66
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM
Nope?

ok, what about Bruce Wayne the philantropist, Bruce Wayne the businessman, Bruce Wayne the rich playboy. for appearance sake in the comics he has to keep up with the Bruce Wayne persona and does so, so much that, yes, Bruce Wayne is integral to the story.

in Nolan's Batman universe he is just Batman. the way Nolan portrays him, when in the suit he fights crime and out of the suit he is focused on what he needs to do when he is back in the suit. he is all about Batman, there is no other thoughts on his mind.

You are failing to compare apples to apples. The movies take place over a time frame of days or weeks. The comics have been going on for literally decades and have the time to explore those things. Just because Nolan doesn't show those things doesn't mean they don't exist.

snowspot66
05-01-2012, 07:14 PM
You and I clearly have different ideas of what "badass" is. Looks like a grown man trick-or-treating to me.

Nobody thought Heath Ledger would be a good choice for the Joker. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on Bane's appearance.

Archer81
05-01-2012, 08:12 PM

In a universe where another man dresses as a bat to fight corruption and crime in a city as large as NYC while running a multinational corporation by day.

Chris
05-01-2012, 08:15 PM
In a universe where another man dresses as a bat to fight corruption and crime in a city as large as NYC while running a multinational corporation by day.

IT COULD HAPPEN

Hilarious!

Archer81
05-01-2012, 08:19 PM
IT COULD HAPPEN

Hilarious!

I dont get criticisms of how the villain looks. Especially in a movie that is an adaption of a comic book. Is the preference be he's 8 feet tall with green skin wearing a nacho libre mask?

People bitched about how the Joker looked, too.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 08:30 PM
You are failing to compare apples to apples. The movies take place over a time frame of days or weeks. The comics have been going on for literally decades and have the time to explore those things. Just because Nolan doesn't show those things doesn't mean they don't exist.

that is what i am trying to say though. Nolan doesn't show it. even in the prior movies, which granted sucked, they still showed both aspects of the character. in Batman Begins it is Alfred who tells Bruce he needs to act like a spoiled asshole and he still only does it for a moment.

Vegas_Bronco
05-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Why is it that i hate it when they dispell the hero early and then he scratches his way back in at the last minute to save the world? Maybe its against my nature...maybe the rising action and resolution i am accustomed to is more like ghostbustas.

Archer81
05-01-2012, 08:37 PM
that is what i am trying to say though. Nolan doesn't show it. even in the prior movies, which granted sucked, they still showed both aspects of the character. in Batman Begins it is Alfred who tells Bruce he needs to act like a spoiled a-hole and he still only does it for a moment.

So...you would prefer a 45 minute biopic of Bruce Wayne to show he is being what people expect a multi billionaire to be?

He buys a hotel. He takes a russian opera group to the south pacific. He sets up charities and shell companies to buy a controlling stake in Wayne Industries. Has a birthday party and acts like a drunk ass before his house gets torched...then winds up on page 6 for it.

There is enough of Wayne in the movie to get the hint that he is acting like a 28 year old rich guy being a doofus.

Which seems about the same as Wayne having Vale over for dinner, or having a business meeting with Max Shrek or seeing Dr Chase Meridian because he has some oddball duality represented by a freaky white and black juju doll.

Vegas_Bronco
05-01-2012, 08:39 PM
I dont get criticisms of how the villain looks. Especially in a movie that is an adaption of a comic book. Is the preference be he's 8 feet tall with green skin wearing a nacho libre mask?

People b****ed about how the Joker looked, too.

Give me a batman i cant rec ognize and heath ledger as the villan...any villan and you win!

TheReverend
05-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Give me a batman i cant rec ognize and heath ledger as the villan...any villan and you win!

Ledger wouldve made a damn fine Catwoman.

cutthemdown
05-01-2012, 08:43 PM

lol he looks ridiculous.

cutthemdown
05-01-2012, 08:45 PM
I was walking downtown late last year and saw them shooting the wall street charging scene. When I left and went down to the water I saw one of the "bat copters" parked in lot with a fake batman inside it. If anyone is at all curious I'll host some shots on imageshacks.

All the Batmen are fake, just one gets paid more then the others. :sunshine:

Lestat
05-01-2012, 09:04 PM
the Batman and Ironman movies are how you do comic book/super hero movies.
they delve not only into the super hero aspect but the human side of it as well while mixing in a perfect combination of drama.

Bane is the perfect antagonist for this film as it is the closing arc of the series. Bane is really the only villain who has nearly broken Batman to the point of him being physically,emotionally and mentally unable to continue on.

you have him taking the blame for being the murderer of Harvey Dent, the city hates him and galvanizes to banish him. the pure hatred is enough to drive him away, then you mix in the torture of Bane breaking his back and nearly crippling him. it sets us to make it easy for him to walk away from being Batman and turning his back on Gotham and it's people. but he won't give up and in the end he'll be the hero and savior of Gotham again.

24champ
05-01-2012, 09:10 PM
lol he looks ridiculous.

I assume you and Agamemnon like the Nacho Libre version of Bane?

http://images.wikia.com/batman/images/b/b4/BaneJS.jpg

Lestat
05-01-2012, 09:11 PM
IT COULD HAPPEN

Hilarious!

they could also go back to Batman carrying a gun, carrying a whip, killing his opponents and being a all around murderous A-Hole like he originally was in the comics. except then he'd be a murderous Zorro which is who he was originally based off of.

critiquing every little thing about comic book adaptions of movies tends to go overboard. sorta like how people were vilifying George Lucas for the Star Wars prequels and claiming he didn't stay true to the original beliefs of the first trilogy.

Lestat
05-01-2012, 09:13 PM

there's no way in hell you can bring that into a movie like that. that's like trying to keep Wolverine the same as the comics, putting the Mandarin in his comic form for movie adaptation or even the iconic black and grey batsuit.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 09:42 PM
So...you would prefer a 45 minute biopic of Bruce Wayne to show he is being what people expect a multi billionaire to be?

He buys a hotel. He takes a russian opera group to the south pacific. He sets up charities and shell companies to buy a controlling stake in Wayne Industries. Has a birthday party and acts like a drunk ass before his house gets torched...then winds up on page 6 for it.

There is enough of Wayne in the movie to get the hint that he is acting like a 28 year old rich guy being a doofus.

Which seems about the same as Wayne having Vale over for dinner, or having a business meeting with Max Shrek or seeing Dr Chase Meridian because he has some oddball duality represented by a freaky white and black juju doll.

fair enough, i get your point and respect it. just for me though, the Nolan movies are lacking. i know there are bunches of people who will hate my opinion, but it is just that; an opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and they all stink.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 09:46 PM

Heath was great as Joker. but as great as he was, i think Eckhart really gets short changed on his portrayal of Harvey Dent. he was deserving of more than the very little he had to do in The Dark Knight. Nolan should have worked a way to bring him back for the finale.

Garcia Bronco
05-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Good post... and dark knight was easily as good as godfather,casablanca... dark knight was epic dont really care who disagrees...

Exactly. This one looks badass too. I have enjoyed the series and totally agree that this has made other reboots possible.

Garcia Bronco
05-01-2012, 10:09 PM
I guess I disagree. I see the Bayle Bruce Wayne as just as true to the comic book Bruce Wayne as Keaton. I know that Keaton was chosen by the director (can't remember his name) because Keaton can act and the Batman action scenes were secondary to the character acting. However in the current series of movies Bayle and the director strike a very, very good balance between the Bruce Wayne person and the Batman alter ego.

That would be Tim Burton and I enjoyed that one as well.

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 10:43 PM

Dark KNight was a good movie, but it is way premature to be throwing it up there with some of the greatest movies ever. it really hasn't yet stood the test of time. Godfather and Casablanca have been around for decades and are as good now as they were then. Dark Knight has been around a few years. just on that point alone it can't be considered an all time clasic movie...yet. not saying it won't or can't be, just that it hasn't reached that level yet. and i hold that judgment for all movies. if a decade later you can watch a movie and still see it as being as good as it was now, then you are more than likely correct about it being a classic.

it's like classic cars. a car doesn't truly qualify as being a classic for at least a minimum of 15 years

Xenos
05-02-2012, 12:00 AM

That's the point. Bruce Wayne is the mask, and Batman is the real person. Even in the Burton films with Keaton, this was true. I don't actually think you actually understand the character of Batman if you take offense to Batman being the prominent persona.

In my personal opinion, the best portrayal was the animated series by Bruce Timm. Mask of the Phantasm being one of the best Batman movies:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L0BgWVEg-JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

canadianbroncosfan
05-02-2012, 03:06 AM
That's the point. Bruce Wayne is the mask, and Batman is the real person. Even in the Burton films with Keaton, this was true. I don't actually think you actually understand the character of Batman if you take offense to Batman being the prominent persona.

In my personal opinion, the best portrayal was the animated series by Bruce Timm. Mask of the Phantasm being one of the best Batman movies:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/L0BgWVEg-JM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I rather enjoyed this particular animated series however hard to compare the two.

canadianbroncosfan
05-02-2012, 03:07 AM

Yeah I much prefer the new take on him. Bit more realistic and I have to agree, pretty badass looking. "When Gotham is in ashes, you have my permission to die".

Beantown Bronco
05-02-2012, 04:46 AM

Did you fall asleep during The Dark Knight? He literally spent half that movie trying to "pass the torch" to Harvey and quit being Batman so he could be with Rachel.

Lestat
05-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Did you fall asleep during The Dark Knight? He literally spent half that movie trying to "pass the torch" to Harvey and quit being Batman so he could be with Rachel.

this is indeed true. the first movie showed him as Bruce Wayne seeking a purpose in life and developing the Batman character. the Dark Knight showed his obsession with being Batman and then trying to dial it back and use Harvey as the beacon of hope for Gotham.

Bruce Wayne has been shown in almost every aspect in the movies, the proper amount of time has been spent on the human aspect of it.

houghtam
05-02-2012, 10:19 AM
this is indeed true. the first movie showed him as Bruce Wayne seeking a purpose in life and developing the Batman character. the Dark Knight showed his obsession with being Batman and then trying to dial it back and use Harvey as the beacon of hope for Gotham.

Bruce Wayne has been shown in almost every aspect in the movies, the proper amount of time has been spent on the human aspect of it.

Agree.

It is a poor screenwriter and/or director that would take needless time to explain what cam be shown in one or two scenes. My wife knows nothing about Batman, and when asked to describe his secret identity, she used the words "billionaire playboy". Mission accomplished.

24champ
06-19-2012, 11:18 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ASQqjK47c04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beantown Bronco
06-19-2012, 11:45 AM
can't wait

canadianbroncosfan
07-06-2012, 03:44 AM
2 Weeks to go!!!! I've already pre-purchased my tickets

Requiem
07-06-2012, 06:58 AM
This movie is gonna be epic.

Beantown Bronco
07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
2 Weeks to go!!!! I've already pre-purchased my tickets

I still can't believe they were selling these tix well over a month ago. It's gotten almost as bad as concerts where you have to plan your night months in advance, if you want to go to a freaking big summer movie on opening weekend.

Dutch
07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
I still can't believe they were selling these tix well over a month ago. It's gotten almost as bad as concerts where you have to plan your night months in advance, if you want to go to a freaking big summer movie on opening weekend.

Pretty much why we don't even bother until the flicks been out for a week or two anymore. Just caught Promethius last Saturday. Enjoyed the hell out of it. Enjoyed the fact that we saw it in a half empty theater without the usual teen aged and 20 something BS (cell phones and nonstop gum bumping) even more. Did the same with The Avengers, and will do the same with Batman.

Tombstone RJ
07-23-2012, 05:39 PM
bump:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Zld8i2mRxb0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>