PDA

View Full Version : Manning/Tebow Questions

Omaha
04-29-2012, 07:18 PM
2 questions:

1. Are you happier that you have Manning or that you don't have Tebow?

2. If this season with Manning is a success, will it be any less satisfying knowing that he'll always consider himself a Colt?

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-29-2012, 07:20 PM
1. Both.

2. He's a bronco right now.

tebowe
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Colts and Broncos.. Still just horses. Donkeys, really.

UberBroncoMan
04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Colts and Broncos.. Still just horses. Donkeys, really.

I hear Tebow rides donkeys in the Philippines.

errand
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
2 questions:

2. If this season with Manning is a success, will it be any less satisfying knowing that he'll always consider himself a Colt?

Love having Manning under center....liked Tebow the person, the runner, the leader.......greatly disappointed by Tebow the passer, but he needed to go.... his carnival of clown fans created too much of a circus for them to coexist.

and who cares if peyton considers himself a Colt.... nobody thought of joe namath as a Ram, or Johnny U as a Charger, or Tony Dorsett as a Bronco.... as of right now he is a denver bronco.... I'll worry about his legacy when he retires

baja
04-29-2012, 07:26 PM
2 questions:

Jilted huh

NYC Bronco
04-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Two more Super Bowl wins and he can retire a Bronco in my opinion

Omaha
04-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Jilted huh

why would you say that?

Omaha
04-29-2012, 07:38 PM
and who cares if peyton considers himself a Colt.... nobody thought of joe namath as a Ram, or Johnny U as a Charger, or Tony Dorsett as a Bronco.... as of right now he is a denver bronco.... I'll worry about his legacy when he retires

That's really my point. Doesn't it really feel like you're just rooting for the laundry & not giving a crap who is wearing it?

DeusExManning
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
100 post rule

Lestat
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
not really excited that Tebow isn't a Bronco anymore so much as i'm glad to have a legit QB who doesn't have leaps and bounds to go in his development.

i don't miss Tebowmania or the circus that follows it. i liked him being an ambassador for the team but more than anything i root for the Broncos and their players.
Manning gives us the best chance to win in a big way and win now, him being here allows us to develop a guy behind him like Tebow should have been able to develop for 2-3 years before seeing a meaningful live NFL game snap.

i don't really care if he's a colt or a bronco in his mind, i care what the standings say at the end of his tenure with the Broncos. almost no player great or average plays with ones team their entire career. it's just not the nature of the business and with the salary cap it makes it hard to keep everyone.

GreatBronco16
04-29-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm going to love having Manning as the QB in Denver, but I'm going to miss not having Tebow on this team. The Tebowmania, well you just have to be able to tune it out. It wasn't as bad as some people swear that it was.

Regardless, can't wait for the season to start.

oubronco
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
http://www.finestchef.com/nachos-supreme.jpg

Omaha
04-29-2012, 08:04 PM
I can imagine! You have to admit you guys were the joke of the league for a while with the McDaniels debacle and then Tim Tebow behind center.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I'm pleased our front office has traded away two first round qbs in the part 5 years and replaced them with an old inured qb..

Thats what winning franchises do.

Archer81
04-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I really wish posters were restricted to a single username.

:Broncos:

bombay
04-29-2012, 08:09 PM
That nebraska franchise is killing.

BroncoBeavis
04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
I'm pleased our front office has traded away two first round qbs in the part 5 years and replaced them with an old inured qb..

Don't forget about the second one being right after his winning the team's first playoff game in 6 years. Then they traded him for a 4th rounder so they could turn around and pick up a 4th rounder with a second. ^5

Jay3
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Aftermath
04-29-2012, 08:18 PM
so many fu&ktards on this board.

Omaha
04-29-2012, 08:22 PM
sirhcyennek81 - Is there another Omaha guy around here? I just learned of this place earlier today.

bombay - Omaha just announced an expansion in the Lingerie Football League. I guess that's something. Does having no NFL team in my state kill my credibility somehow? We do have TVs here in Nebraska.

My question, I guess, is whether the uniform is more important or is the player more important. I hated it when Larry Johnson was a Chief because I hated that guy 7 I had a hard time rooting for him. I don't think I'd be able to root for Philllip Rivers just because he put on a KC jersey. Doesn't seeing Manning in a Bronco uni feel a little fake?

Butterscotch Stallion
04-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Don't forget about the second one being right after his winning the team's first playoff game in 6 years. Then they traded him for a 4th rounder so they could turn around and pick up a 4th rounder with a second. ^5

We are going to the superbowl every year now. Good teams build through free agency.

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 09:06 PM
sirhcyennek81 - Is there another Omaha guy around here? I just learned of this place earlier today.

bombay - Omaha just announced an expansion in the Lingerie Football League. I guess that's something. Does having no NFL team in my state kill my credibility somehow? We do have TVs here in Nebraska.

My question, I guess, is whether the uniform is more important or is the player more important. I hated it when Larry Johnson was a Chief because I hated that guy 7 I had a hard time rooting for him. I don't think I'd be able to root for Philllip Rivers just because he put on a KC jersey. Doesn't seeing Manning in a Bronco uni feel a little fake?

The better question is why did he choose Denver? Arizona and KC have more weapons and are arguably better teams. And would you have been a fan if he'd gone to KC? Or would you consider that "rooting for laundry?"

errand
04-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Dude, the big top has been pulled down and packed up.....you need to move on to your next location. I think they're scheduled to arrive in new york/ new jersey area

HAT
04-29-2012, 09:10 PM
That's really my point. Doesn't it really feel like you're just rooting for the laundry & not giving a crap who is wearing it?

Of course...that's the whole point of being a fan of a sports team.

errand
04-29-2012, 09:10 PM

maybe you and butterscotch can carpool to new jersey together..... because somewhere in new jersey there's a circus missing their clown act.

errand
04-29-2012, 09:11 PM

I'm guessing you musta stayed up late night on tbs watching seinfeld reruns....

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I'm guessing you musta stayed up late night on tbs watching seinfeld reruns....

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Omaha
04-29-2012, 09:35 PM
The better question is why did he choose Denver? Arizona and KC have more weapons and are arguably better teams. And would you have been a fan if he'd gone to KC? Or would you consider that "rooting for laundry?"

I agree, but I don't think he really thought of KC as an option. I thought it would have been a better fit since they have better WRs, RB, TE, OL, & Defense, but my guess is that he wanted more control than he thought Pioli would ever give him. (Or he was worried Pioli would make him be Cassel's backup)

Butterscotch, was Tebow a real first round pick? C'mon. Had you guys not reached for him, no way he'd have been a first rounder. That brings up another good question:

Do you guys regret the Tebow pick?

Stuck in Cali
04-29-2012, 09:37 PM
2 questions:

1. Both.

2. He is a Bronco now, and depending on what happens here, the statement about always being a Colt could change.

broncocalijohn
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM
2 questions:

1)Have Manning
2)Nope, that is the NFL and we paid the highest or give him the best opps for him to win and be happy.

FireFly
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Well, say he plays 4 seasons here and wins 2 Super Bowls? Probably set a new passing record in the process? He'll be wearing a Broncos uniform, and that's how I'll remember him!

As for Tebow, I wish we had have kept him as a back up but I'm pretty much over it. I'm happy with the new direction.

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 09:48 PM
I agree, but I don't think he really thought of KC as an option. I thought it would have been a better fit since they have better WRs, RB, TE, OL, & Defense, but my guess is that he wanted more control than he thought Pioli would ever give him. (Or he was worried Pioli would make him be Cassel's backup)

Butterscotch, was Tebow a real first round pick? C'mon. Had you guys not reached for him, no way he'd have been a first rounder. That brings up another good question:

Do you guys regret the Tebow pick?

Regret it? Let's see, he's not here. And even if,as u say, he's not a real first rounder, he cost us one so yeah. I regret it. Shoulda gone ol.

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, say he plays 4 seasons here and wins 2 Super Bowls? Probably set a new passing record in the process? He'll be wearing a Broncos uniform, and that's how I'll remember him!

As for Tebow, I wish we had have kept him as a back up but I'm pretty much over it. I'm happy with the new direction.

Tebow circus woulda been too big a distraction. I like new direction, too.

Missouribronc
04-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Hell yeah I "root for the laundry."

I grew up a Broncos fan. I will always be a Broncos fan, and yes I "root for the laundry."

I also know when a quarterback only got a chance because of a name, and when he's truly a terrible, terrible quarterback.

If anyone tells you that they think Denver would have been better off with Tebow than Manning, they are stupid.

baja
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
Stupid thread - they are all hired guns - is that somehow news to you Oh ma ha ha

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 10:10 PM

I grew up a Broncos fan. I will always be a Broncos fan, and yes I "root for the laundry."

I also know when a quarterback only got a chance because of a name, and when he's truly a terrible, terrible quarterback.

If anyone tells you that they think Denver would have been better off with Tebow than Manning, they are stupid.

Nobody invthe history of ever has said Tebow is better than Manning. You're right, that's stupid. The kid was a winner, though. Let's not take that away from him.

razorwire77
04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
2 questions:

1. Happier that the team has Manning. Like Tebow, still think he could develop into an NFL quarterback if given the time and support.

2.) I could care less if he considers himself Satan if he brings the team a championship.

Bacchus
04-29-2012, 10:17 PM

I agree, Cutler should have never been traded.

Stuck in Cali
04-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Nobody invthe history of ever has said Tebow is better than Manning. You're right, that's stupid. The kid was a winner, though. Let's not take that away from him.

The team won and backed into the playoffs with him playing. Tebow could of never done anything without the rest of the team.

Tom_Foolery
04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
The team won and backed into the playoffs with him playing. Tebow could of never done anything without the rest of the team.

The rest of the team was losing before he took over. The kid works hard and gets results. You can't take that away.

RedEyedJeti
04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Who the hell is Tebow?!?! Someone please tell me!!

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 02:12 AM

Well, yeah... but it's way more than "just" laundry or the uniforms they wear that I root for; it's the history and traditions of the franchise... the memories of games played in the past and of now-retired (but not forgotten) Broncos as well as the current ones.

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Well, yeah... but it's way more than "just" laundry or the uniforms they wear that I root for; it's the history and traditions of the franchise... the memories of games played in the past and of now-retired (but not forgotten) Broncos as well as the current ones.

But you don't care who the player is under the uniform?

jhns
04-30-2012, 07:21 AM

LOL

How stupid. The team was 4-14 without Tebow.

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 07:23 AM
And "backed into the playoffs" is the dumbest phrase ever uttered.

HAT
04-30-2012, 07:25 AM

Nope....Go Broncos.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 07:27 AM

Oh they care. There was one inparticular that they couldn't bring themselves to stomach. Now that they got their way they've gone back to their favorite roles of fan police and FO Turd Polishers.

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 07:29 AM
LOL

I'll agree with this.

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Nope....Go Broncos.

Kindof lame but it doesn't apply to Manning. He is a class act and I'm happy to have him.

Dartgod
04-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Kindof lame but it doesn't apply to Manning. He is a class act and I'm happy to have him.

He's a class act off the field. On the field he acts like a spoiled brat.

jhns
04-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Poor raider fan is jealous of Manning. How cute!

Dartgod
04-30-2012, 08:12 AM
Poor raider fan is jealous of Manning. How cute!

Poor Donk fan thinks I'm a Fade fan. How moronic! Hilarious!

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 08:12 AM

You're really going to hate playing him twice a year. AFC West will be low hanging fruit this year.

Dartgod
04-30-2012, 08:15 AM
You're really going to hate playing him twice a year. AFC West will be low hanging fruit this year.

I've always hated playing him. Now I have even more reason to despise him.

jhns
04-30-2012, 08:15 AM
Poor Donk fan thinks I'm a Fade fan. How moronic! Hilarious!

You act like one. You look like one. You smell like one. Now you claim you aren't one. It is sad that you raider fans are this embarrassed by the team you like.

Dartgod
04-30-2012, 08:20 AM
You act like one. You look like one. You smell like one. Now you claim you aren't one. It is sad that you raider fans are this embarrassed by the team you like.

There. I uploaded an avatar so that your pea brain can decipher what team I root for.

You probably still won't get it.

jhns
04-30-2012, 08:22 AM
There. I uploaded an avatar so that your pea brain can decipher what team I root for.

You probably still won't get it.

I don't have avatars on.

Why are you getting upset? You could always stop rooting for them...

Omaha
04-30-2012, 08:38 AM
jhns - You're not missing much. He's one ugly ****!

Mr. Foolery - I feel the same way about the AFC West....

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 08:44 AM
Let just see how it plays out. I'll put it in terms of BBQ. You guys are all great sides with no meat. You should have kept Orton.

CrazyCoffey
04-30-2012, 08:53 AM
how many of you guys really liked Tebow?
I mean even Jesus goes, "oh yeah, I guess I like Tebow, I mean we're ok, not real close or anything, but don't hate the guy. He can be a little annoying though, am I right?"

Tom_Foolery
04-30-2012, 09:01 AM
how many of you guys really liked Tebow?
I mean even Jesus goes, "oh yeah, I guess I like Tebow, I mean we're ok, not real close or anything, but don't hate the guy. He can be a little annoying though, am I right?"

I hate that it ended up being a wasted 1st rd pick, but I can't hate on the guy for always doing the right thing. Seriously. What's not to like about him?

CrazyCoffey
04-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I hate that it ended up being a wasted 1st rd pick, but I can't hate on the guy for always doing the right thing. Seriously. What's not to like about him?

his douched looking smile. AND that he waits until the camera swings his way, or he runs to midfield to do his "tebow kneel".

Butterscotch Stallion
04-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Dude, the big top has been pulled down and packed up.....you need to move on to your next location. I think they're scheduled to arrive in new york/ new jersey area

Are you kidding. The circus is here... This season is going to be fun for me..watching you constantly be wrong is like food for my soul.

oubronco
04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tebowing.gif

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Thats what winning franchises do.eh,TT was drafted in the first round,but he was no more a 1st round talent than brady quinn. TT would've probably fell to the 6th or 7th round if not for McD. look at case keenum & kellen moore they put up great numbers a well as wins & didn't get drafted.

a winning franchise wouldn't have wasted a pick on tebow,especially in the first round.

PM changes everything.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-30-2012, 12:51 PM
eh,TT was drafted in the first round,but he was no more a 1st round talent than brady quinn. TT would've probably fell to the 6th or 7th round if not for McD. look at case keenum & kellen moore they put up great numbers a well as wins & didn't get drafted.

a winning franchise wouldn't have wasted a pick on tebow,especially in the first round.

PM changes everything.

He was a first round Q.B. you can try and spin it all you want(frankly after the asspounding Tebow delivered to the haters here, you would be better suited to never form an opinion on a Q.B. ever again. Many of you wanted ORTon and still think Orton would have led us to a win over Pitt. Frankly, You need to never ever ever voice a Q.B. opinion again)

And Cutler was a first round Q.B. BOTH QB'S WERE PRODUCTIVE AND SHOULD BOTH HAVE NEVER BEEN TRADED.

Those are facts. WE have traded two productive first round Q.B's in the past five years and replaced them with a 36 year old injured Free agent.

THese are facts. It may work out great for Denver, and I am hopefull that it does..

HOwever, here on earth, those of us that aren't blinded by stupidity and hatred because Tebow likes Jesus understand that any franchise to trade away young productive talent in exchange for old injured talent aren't as hopeful.

YOu see, some sports fans can actually look through out history and see when this has EVER worked and they will come up with few examples, if any.

I'm a fan, and I love Manning, hell, I HOPE that I am wrong. HOwever, it will be a first. If I end up being wrong I certainly wont be a ****** like you or Errand or the other's who got ass****ed by Tebow last year.

I will man up and admit it.

I may need some advice however on what it feels like to be wrong. Tell me, does it get easier?

Rolandftw
04-30-2012, 01:08 PM

LOL... you really think he was worried about losing the starting job to Cassel? That's the reason why he didn't even bother visiting Kansas City?

Kansas City is not better at all those positions either.

DBroncos4life
04-30-2012, 01:18 PM
I'll agree with this.

There was a football team in Denver long before Tim Tebow.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 01:50 PM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/tebowing.gif

Yet he had more yards per attempt than Sam Bradford.

Bradford sucks.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=peacepipe;3577182]eh,TT was drafted in the first round,but he was no more a 1st round talent than brady quinn. TT would've probably fell to the 6th or 7th round if not for McD./QUOTE]

This is great. Brock was a solid 2nd rounder. Tebow was borderline UDFA.

And you wonder why the term hata gets thrown around.

Bacchus
04-30-2012, 01:56 PM

Tebow wasn't a wasted 1st round pick. He beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs and got us Manning.

broncosteven
04-30-2012, 02:16 PM
I can imagine! You have to admit you guys were the joke of the league for a while with the McDaniels debacle and then Tim Tebow behind center.

A year is not a while. At least Bowlen saw it and fired his ass and made some great moves to recover.

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 02:17 PM
[QUOTE=peacepipe;3577182]eh,TT was drafted in the first round,but he was no more a 1st round talent than brady quinn. TT would've probably fell to the 6th or 7th round if not for McD./QUOTE]

This is great. Brock was a solid 2nd rounder. Tebow was borderline UDFA.

And you wonder why the term hata gets thrown around.thats just the gods honest truth.

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Yet he had more yards per attempt than Sam Bradford.

Bradford sucks.

well no sh!t,when you can only complete 2 passes ,one being a lucky 57 yd pass it going to make your yards per attempt look better than what it actually is.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 02:23 PM
[QUOTE=BroncoBeavis;3577528]thats just the gods honest truth.

Funny, cuz I was told a green room invite equals first-round talent. :)

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 02:24 PM
well no ****,when you can only complete 2 passes ,one being a lucky 57 yd pass it going to make your yards per attempt look better than what it actually is.

It's per attempt. Not per completion. We've been over this.

Omaha
04-30-2012, 02:27 PM
dragon

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 02:37 PM
He was a first round Q.B. you can try and spin it all you want(frankly after the asspounding Tebow delivered to the haters here, you would be better suited to never form an opinion on a Q.B. ever again. Many of you wanted ORTon and still think Orton would have led us to a win over Pitt. Frankly, You need to never ever ever voice a Q.B. opinion again)

And Cutler was a first round Q.B. BOTH QB'S WERE PRODUCTIVE AND SHOULD BOTH HAVE NEVER BEEN TRADED.

Those are facts. WE have traded two productive first round Q.B's in the past five years and replaced them with a 36 year old injured Free agent.

THese are facts. It may work out great for Denver, and I am hopefull that it does..

HOwever, here on earth, those of us that aren't blinded by stupidity and hatred because Tebow likes Jesus understand that any franchise to trade away young productive talent in exchange for old injured talent aren't as hopeful.

YOu see, some sports fans can actually look through out history and see when this has EVER worked and they will come up with few examples, if any.

I'm a fan, and I love Manning, hell, I HOPE that I am wrong. HOwever, it will be a first. If I end up being wrong I certainly wont be a ****** like you or Errand or the other's who got ass****ed by Tebow last year.

I will man up and admit it.

I may need some advice however on what it feels like to be wrong. Tell me, does it get easier?LOL I've been saying that he was a bust since he was still in florida. I've been right all along.
here's some history for you, being drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean ****. does ryan leaf ring a bell? how about david carr? heres a great 1st rounder akili smith.
he was productive to the extent that teams hadn't figured him out. alot of you guys jhns,mcgruder etc.. never point out that he lost 4 of his last five games. when we won it was all tim tebow,when we lost it was the coaching,it was the defense,Special teams,it was the team bus driver parking in the wrong parking lot.
elway said from the get go tim tebow was going to have to improve his 3rd down conversion rate & completion %. he never did improve,not even slightly.QBs make there money on 3rd down & tebow was the worst in the league.
I wish cutler was never traded,cutler doesn't get traded, tebow doesn't get drafted.

Omaha
04-30-2012, 02:41 PM
dragon

wait for it...

jhns
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
LOL I've been saying that he was a bust since he was still in florida. I've been right all along.
here's some history for you, being drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean ****. does ryan leaf ring a bell? how about david carr? heres a great 1st rounder akili smith.
he was productive to the extent that teams hadn't figured him out. alot of you guys jhns,mcgruder etc.. never point out that he lost 4 of his last five games. when we won it was all tim tebow,when we lost it was the coaching,it was the defense,Special teams,it was the team bus driver parking in the wrong parking lot.
elway said from the get go tim tebow was going to have to improve his 3rd down conversion rate & completion %. he never did improve,not even slightly.QBs make there money on 3rd down & tebow was the worst in the league.
I wish cutler was never traded,cutler doesn't get traded, tebow doesn't get drafted.

You called him a bust in college, where he was one of the best QBs ever? LOL Way to prove you are an idiot. Not that your "English" wasn't already proving this...

Tebow sucks so much that he carried a 4-14 team to a playoff win in his first year starting. Pretty terrible! Again, LOL

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 02:42 PM
LOL I've been saying that he was a bust since he was still in florida. I've been right all along.

Tebow doesn't lead a 1-4 team to the playoffs, Denver doesn't get Manning.... we can play this game all day.

Omaha
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
RAWRRRR!!!!!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar13455_2.gif

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 02:50 PM
You called him a bust in college, where he was one of the best QBs ever? LOL Way to prove you are an idiot. Not that your "English" wasn't already proving this...

Tebow sucks so much that he carried a 4-14 team to a playoff win in his first year starting. Pretty terrible! Again, LOLbad wording,i meant he would be a bust in the nfl. not that he was a bust in college.

jhns
04-30-2012, 02:52 PM
bad wording,i meant he would be a bust in the nfl. not that he was a bust in college.

That is stil one of the dumbest things you could possibly say. The fact that you are repeating it...

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 03:03 PM

I'll root for the team regardless of who the players are... although there are admittedly some I really don't like. The ones (that have played for the Broncos) that I disliked the most were Dale Carter and Eddie Kennison. Acquiring Dale Carter was arguably the worst decision that Shanahan ever made as our HC.

Omaha
04-30-2012, 03:56 PM
I'll root for the team regardless of who the players are... although there are admittedly some I really don't like. The ones (that have played for the Broncos) that I disliked the most were Dale Carter and Eddie Kennison. Acquiring Dale Carter was arguably the worst decision that Shanahan ever made as our HC.

That's stupid

baja
04-30-2012, 04:07 PM
almost to 100

Rohirrim
04-30-2012, 04:15 PM

I wasn't too happy about him letting Shannon Sharpe go to the Ravens either. :pity:

vancejohnson82
04-30-2012, 04:15 PM
That's stupid

ummmm....what the hell are you talking about?

so you follow specific players from team to team, year to year...I think thats the dumbest thing Ive ever read

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 04:17 PM

You missed one.

Bacchus
04-30-2012, 04:18 PM

Tebow sucks so much that he carried a 4-14 team to a playoff win in his first year starting. Pretty terrible! Again, LOL

We should ALL agree that last year Tebow caught lightning in a bottle and Denver went a great roll. It was a special season. I think we can also ALL agree the team is heading in a better direction now. Last year was great, next year has a chance to be better.

Bacchus
04-30-2012, 04:20 PM
I wasn't too happy about him letting Shannon Sharpe go to the Ravens either. :pity:

Shanahan did not like Sharpe's practice habits. I remember in 1995 it took ELway to lobby hard for Shanahan to resign him then. Shanahan is like an old school coach and wants all his players to be great practice players. This was proven again when he finally had enough of Plummer.

vancejohnson82
04-30-2012, 04:21 PM
honestly, anyone who has any ill will towards Tebow and is overly excited about getting rid of him needs to have their head examined. Last year will be a season that will resonate with me for years to come. The comebacks, the last minute drives, the winning streak, the playoff win and all of the hype and conversation we provided for the league will be almost impossible to replicate.

Excited to see where we go from here with Manning, but wish Tebow nothing but the best and expect to see him at some point down the line. Tell you one thing, I wouldn't go into a Broncos/Jets playoff game 100% positive that Tebow wouldn't provide some magic against us

Butterscotch Stallion
04-30-2012, 04:43 PM

Tebow was in his first season as a starter. We all know he played poorly in the buffalo and kc game. A qb with less than a season of starts will struggle.

cock knobbling ******s like you will use that as ammo because you are a stupid moronic ******. Not ONE single Tebow supporter claimed he didn't need to get better.

HOWEVER A **** TON OF THE ******S CLAIMED HE WAS A BUST AND WOULD NEVER IMPROVE EVEN THOUGH HE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR TURNING A LOSING TEAM INTO A WINNER WHICH MAKES THOSE PEOPLE, THE LIKES OF YOU, A STUPID ******.

thank you, and good day.

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 04:46 PM

Yeah that sucked... especially considering that a big play by Shannon was a game-changer (momentum-shift) in the Broncos-Ravens playoff game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-30-2012, 04:47 PM
4-14.

And McDaniels had nothing to do with that record? If tebow was playing in those games it still would've been 4-14.

Agamemnon
04-30-2012, 04:48 PM
honestly, anyone who has any ill will towards Tebow and is overly excited about getting rid of him needs to have their head examined. Last year will be a season that will resonate with me for years to come. The comebacks, the last minute drives, the winning streak, the playoff win and all of the hype and conversation we provided for the league will be almost impossible to replicate.

Excited to see where we go from here with Manning, but wish Tebow nothing but the best and expect to see him at some point down the line. Tell you one thing, I wouldn't go into a Broncos/Jets playoff game 100% positive that Tebow wouldn't provide some magic against us

This is a perspective I can understand. You're happy to have Manning but appreciative of what Tebow did for us last season, and a bit disappointed he's gone. I still can't wrap my head around all the people who are genuinely happy to see such an amazing football player, who was still only developing, no longer on the Broncos (note I said amazing football player and not amazing quarterback). And the people who act like the guy killed their dog, and that we won in spite of him, despite all evidence to the contrary, just outright baffle me.

KO5K
04-30-2012, 04:49 PM
4-14.

And McDaniels had nothing to do with that record? If tebow was playing in those games it still would've been 4-14.

Just, no.

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
You missed one.

That's because I only named the "top two" that I didn't like. Hey, I was at the Monday night game (vs KC) in Denver when Kennison was loudly booed. Louder than Barry Bonds was booed the preceding day at Coors Field.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Just, no.

I'm pretty sure Von and dumervil had something to do with the wins, since neither was around the year before. But Nate Jones was!

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
That's because I only named the "top two" that I didn't like. Hey, I was at the Monday night game (vs KC) in Denver when Kennison was loudly booed. Louder than Barry Bonds was booed the preceding day at Coors Field.

I was down there for a game sometime during the Kennison fiasco. I don't think he played that game Having a hard time remembering who we were playing. I think it was Flutie's Chargers.

Amazing how fuzzy my memory's getting on that stuff.

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 05:10 PM
I was down there for a game sometime during the Kennison fiasco. I don't think he played that game Having a hard time remembering who we were playing. I think it was Flutie's Chargers.

Amazing how fuzzy my memory's getting on that stuff.

The resentment against Kennison was very much tangible at the MNF game in 2005... Kennison did play and had 8 catches for 112 yards.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200509260den.htm

peacepipe
04-30-2012, 05:34 PM
That is stil one of the dumbest things you could possibly say. The fact that you are repeating it...You just can't handle the fact that I was right back then & still right today about tebow being a bust.

errand
04-30-2012, 05:50 PM

He struggled mightily when it came to throwing the ball...but other than that, loved the kid.

Now his clown car legion of fans? I have nothing but contempt for the majority of them....they have no clue that their hero worship caused a huge circus atmosphere that put the Broncos in a no choice scenario of trading him away.

I honestly think had the kid's fans not been so vocal (and/or stupid for the most part) and used less venom in their argument for him to be our QB (crowbars to the head and knees or planes crashing with EFx on board, etc.), he'd still be here happily biding his time for Manning to retire in a couples of years.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 05:55 PM
The resentment against Kennison was very much tangible at the MNF game in 2005... Kennison did play and had 8 catches for 112 yards.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200509260den.htm

This was when Kennison quit the team that year before he went to the cheaps.

BroncoMan4ever
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Two more Super Bowl wins and he can retire a Bronco in my opinion

If he does win 2 in Denver that will create an interesting qurstion for HOF consideration. Should he go in as a Colt where he spent most of his career or as a Bronco where he hd the most success

errand
04-30-2012, 05:57 PM
It's per attempt. Not per completion. We've been over this.

Oh, ok...well when you only attempt 8 passes....

WolfpackGuy
04-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Now his clown car legion of fans? I have nothing but contempt for the majority of them....they have no clue that their hero worship caused a huge circus atmosphere that put the Broncos in a no choice scenario of trading him away.

I honestly think had the kid's fans not been so vocal (and/or stupid for the most part) and used less venom in their argument for him to be our QB (crowbars to the head and knees or planes crashing with EFx on board, etc.), he'd still be here happily biding his time for Manning to retire in a couples of years.

I basically told the same thing to a Jets fan I watched the draft with.

He doesn't believe me, so he's in for a shock when Sanchez throws his first incompletion at the opening practice.

BroncoBeavis
04-30-2012, 06:22 PM
I basically told the same thing to a Jets fan I watched the draft with.

He doesn't believe me, so he's in for a shock when Sanchez throws his first incompletion at the opening practice.

Funny since Teebs fans remained largely silent during year one (while KO **** the bed every week)

It was a combination of the hatas (see exhibit A, Errand) and "best chance to win" that really turned up the heat.

Blueflame
04-30-2012, 06:32 PM
This was when Kennison quit the team that year before he went to the cheaps.

Yep... there's so much animosity toward Kennison; not just for quitting on our team in the middle of the season when we needed every WR we had due to the season-ending injury to Eddie... and while Rod was playing heroically on stress fractures. But he added insult to injury by signing with a division rival... and going well out of his way to trash the team and the entire Bronco organization. I'd still boo Kennison today... and he hasn't played for years.

Missouribronc
04-30-2012, 11:28 PM
LOL

The team had three losing seasons in 30 years without Tebow.

How stupid, indeed.

DBroncos4life
04-30-2012, 11:39 PM

How stupid, indeed.

They don't count the B.T.T years.

Missouribronc
04-30-2012, 11:43 PM
They don't count the B.T.T years.

I know. I still find it fantastically stupid, though...

jhns
05-01-2012, 07:19 AM

How stupid, indeed.

And one was the season before Tebow, with another coming if Tebow doesn't start. I can see why you raider fans hate him. Why would you pike Bronco wins?

jhns
05-01-2012, 07:21 AM
You just can't handle the fact that I was right back then & still right today about tebow being a bust.

A bust takes the second worst team in the league to a playoff win in his first year starting?

LOL

You really are retarded.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-01-2012, 08:24 AM
A bust takes the second worst team in the league to a playoff win in his first year starting?

LOL

You really are retarded.

There are many here like him. Idiots abound. I would be embarrassed to be so wrong and out of touch with reality. Oh well, I shouldn't get so angry that so many ****** morons post. Just have to stay away from here more.

How many bust qbs passed for 300 yards in the playoffs and won the division for their team?

Play2win
05-01-2012, 08:57 AM

Eventually, the only thing I think I'll remember about Tebow is that he made it attractive for Peyton Manning to come here. I think playoff wins are going to be a dime a dozen, when it comes to the Manning era in Denver.

vancejohnson82
05-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Eventually, the only thing I think I'll remember about Tebow is that he made it attractive for Peyton Manning to come here. I think playoff wins are going to be a dime a dozen, when it comes to the Manning era in Denver.

I hope so man....but you have to admit that when you talk about memorable Broncos seasons this one will always be up there....we've had a bunch of memorable ones for the wrong reasons in the past ten years or so...losing the AFC CHampionship Game, starting 6-0 to fade out of the playoffs, the McDaniels disaster, Griese's career, etc...

it was nice to have one to remember that had somewhat of a feel good story to it

BroncoBeavis
05-01-2012, 09:03 AM

Don't get cocky kid.

9 wins in 13 seasons doesn't really = a dime a dozen.

Play2win
05-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I hope so man....but you have to admit that when you talk about memorable Broncos seasons this one will always be up there....we've had a bunch of memorable ones for the wrong reasons in the past ten years or so...losing the AFC CHampionship Game, starting 6-0 to fade out of the playoffs, the McDaniels disaster, Griese's career, etc...

it was nice to have one to remember that had somewhat of a feel good story to it

Just think of it as a stepping stone to greatness... ;D

peacepipe
05-01-2012, 09:16 AM

LOL

You really are retarded.

yeah he was so great,he got traded to play special teams & back up sanchez.

jhns
05-01-2012, 09:25 AM
yeah he was so great,he got traded to play special teams & back up sanchez.

Winning a playoff game in his first year starting, after being handed a 1-4 team = bust! Just terrible!

LOL @ the retarded kid.

peacepipe
05-01-2012, 09:32 AM
Winning a playoff game in his first year starting, after being handed a 1-4 team = bust! Just terrible!

LOL @ the retarded kid.bitch & moan all you want,but nothing is going to change the fact that i'm right & you are wrong. it's quite gratifying,in case you wanted to know. I hate to say I told you so,but I toldyou so.

jhns
05-01-2012, 09:34 AM
b**** & moan all you want,but nothing is going to change the fact that i'm right & you are wrong. it's quite gratifying,in case you wanted to know. I hate to say I told you so,but I toldyou so.

LOL

What a sad kid. Learn English...

Dedhed
05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
You just can't handle the fact that I was right back then & still right today about tebow being a bust.

Lulz. I imagine you still think you were right about Orton giving us the best chance to win in 2011, too.

Butterscotch Stallion
05-01-2012, 10:11 AM
b**** & moan all you want,but nothing is going to change the fact that i'm right & you are wrong. it's quite gratifying,in case you wanted to know. I hate to say I told you so,but I toldyou so.

is this bannable T.J.? I mean does this ****tard offer anything.

peacepipe
05-01-2012, 10:13 AM
is this bannable T.J.? I mean does this ****tard offer anything.

you're not even a broncos fan & you want to question wether I offer anything!?

jhns
05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
you're not even a broncos fan & you want to question wether I offer anything!?

Neither are you. What does that have to do with anything?