7. Nathan Stupar, OLB, Penn State

What does everybody think?

Tombstone RJ
04-29-2012, 09:35 AM
I think Sandy Eggo had a good draft...

TheReverend
04-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Chargers killed it.

Raiders did pretty well given their situation.

Chiefs had a pretty equivalent draft to us in that it was laughable early on but made some solid selections from the middle towards the end of the draft.

Gcver2ver3
04-29-2012, 09:37 AM
i think SD had a great draft and may have done great things for their defense...

chiefs avg 13ppg last year... defense wasnt the their biggest problem... they addressed oline, but i dont see their ppg raising too significantly...

raiders were handcuffed but did what they could i guess...

SD is the only team i see as competition...

Rohirrim
04-29-2012, 09:39 AM
Yeah. Having to face Ingram twice a year isn't going to be pretty. Poe is a gamble. Hopefully, he spends all his paycheck at IHOP and turns into a fat bench turd.

houghtam
04-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Interesting that Manning is in the division now and between the three of them they drafted 2 defensive backs.

Rohirrim
04-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Interesting that Manning is in the division now and between the three of them they drafted 2 defensive backs.

Yeah, but look at the pass rush additions.

houghtam
04-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Yeah, but look at the pass rush additions.

Yep. Apparently no one realized they don't need pass rushers to get through our offensive line.

Seriously though, I think it is a pretty good commentary on what people seem to think the blueprint is for stopping Manning.

Tombstone RJ
04-29-2012, 09:56 AM
The chefs did strengthen their oline which is one of the weaker parts of their team, so Pioli did good there...

razorwire77
04-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Chargers had a pretty killer draft. Ingram is nasty, Taylor will get on the field right away and Molk is a steal in the 7th round.

After the lolerz Poe @ 11, it appears the Chefs settled down and had a solid 2nd and 3rd day, sort of like Denver. Wylie will be a pain in the ass to face as punt returner twice a year.

I really know next to nothing about most of the Raiders players. Criner was a productive player at U of A, but a 4.68 40 WR? Al Davis is spinning in his ****ing grave.

Rolandftw
04-29-2012, 10:02 AM
As far as immediate impact, San Diego won hands down. KC and Denver fans might eventually say they did a good job, but for the most part just added depth.

Oakland did a great job, considering a prior regime traded away most of their picks.

CrazyCoffey
04-29-2012, 10:18 AM
Chargers, good D players that start day one and make a difference. Much needed for them, bad for the rest of the AFC. Good news though, Norv is still their coach!

enjolras
04-29-2012, 11:20 AM
I'll say the same thing I say every year:

Almost none of the players drafted will make an impact at any point in their career. At least one of those players we think was terrible will be a pro-bowler, while almost all of the first rounders will be busts.

We won't know until the preseason really.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-29-2012, 11:25 AM
People saying chiefs had a good draft watched Poes combine but didn't watch Poe in a game. If they did they wouldn't think it was such a great draft.

UberBroncoMan
04-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Ladarius Green is 6'6

Seems everyone is moving to the massive TE.

I believe our biggest is Thomas at 6'4 ⅝

UberBroncoMan
04-29-2012, 11:48 AM
Chargers, good D players that start day one and make a difference. Much needed for them, bad for the rest of the AFC. Good news though, Norv is still their coach!

Bad news is I don't think Rivers is going to literally stink up the first 2/3's of the season this go around. Was embarrassing for him last year.

Rohirrim
04-29-2012, 12:05 PM

I take it you came with Eliot Coffey? What can you say about him?

TheReverend
04-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I take it you came with Eliot Coffey? What can you say about him?

He has an 07 join date...

Rohirrim
04-29-2012, 12:21 PM
He has an 07 join date...

Ah! Must be a name change?

TheReverend
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Ah! Must be a name change?

If not, i want lotto numbers from him.

400HZ
04-29-2012, 12:45 PM
Chargers did a good job getting high value with their picks while also targeting positions of need. I wish they would have drafted a new coach, though.

400HZ
04-29-2012, 12:48 PM
Also, Oakland did excellent considering what they had to work with. I love Burress and Criner. Bad sign for the future that they seemingly did as well as they did without any high picks.

400HZ
04-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Also, Oakland did excellent considering what they had to work with. I love Burress and Criner. Bad sign for the future that they seemingly did as well as they did without any high picks.

Rohirrim
04-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Chargers did a good job getting high value with their picks while also targeting positions of need. I wish they would have drafted a new coach, though.

LOL

Swedish Extrovert
04-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Yep. Apparently no one realized they don't need pass rushers to get through our offensive line.

Seriously though, I think it is a pretty good commentary on what people seem to think the blueprint is for stopping Manning.

His release is so quick, I don't think pass rush will matter that much. Our sack totals on offense will go down.

Pony Boy
04-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Watching Poe sucking oxygen in the second half while Manning runs the no huddle should be fun

Captain 'Dre
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM

Yeah... but among the three of them, they drafted EIGHT Front 7 defenders!

I think they realize that you improve your chances of beating Peyton Manning with a good pass rush, more than with good coverage.