PDA

View Full Version : Grade the 2012 Draft

Broncos4tw
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Grade this years draft - base your grade both on the picks, and the roles we needed to fill, and how well we managed to accomplish this.

doonwise
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Nothing earth shattering, but I like the character of the draft picks. I like that we are basing our picks largely off game tape and production instead of circle jerking to combine numbers. I would have liked to receive more compensation for our trades, but ultimately I think we have some solid picks.

Could we have gotten most of our guys later in the draft? Maybe. But it's impossible to know. Look at your own mock drafts and see where people actually went. For example, look at Chris Polk or Turin. How over drafted would they have been in your picks?

Anyway, Wolfe will be good. Loved his interview and passion. I just don't see him doing anything but succeeding.

Osweiler makes sense to me, especially because of his throwing mechanics and arm strength. If he's truly passionate about football and willing to work hard, then he is in a perfect situation.

Hillman, no opinion. Game tape looks good, but he's so tiny... not sure how well he'll hold up over the long haul. Seems like a third down back. I don't like that he has some ball security issues...

OBF1
04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Have not even started the UDFA period and you want a grade ???

Mecklomaniac
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Draft grade.... WTF

No idea what they are doing. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt until the team hits the field, but with the exception of Manning this off seasons and draft has been a huge disappointment.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Very average draft IMO, solid C. I don't think Osweiler is a good pick, but I very much hope I'm wrong.

Kaylore
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
They stuck to their board and filled needs. I don't like the value on the trade backs and the Osweiller pick, but overall I like what I'm seeing from who they got.

B-

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Solid B. Would have been an A had we taken David or Spence instead of Osweiler. I love the Wolfe pick. Kind of ambivalent about Hillman, but the game tape looks intriguing. Really liked what we did on day three. Bolden could be a steal if healthy. Would have liked a WR prospect, but that's only a minor complaint.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM
NFL NETWORK AFC WEST GRADES
KC B+
SD B+
DEN B-
OAK C-

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
They stuck to their board and filled needs. I don't like the value on the trade backs and the Osweiller pick, but overall I like what I'm seeing from who they got.

B-

I voted B. But we seem to be right with the NFL Network guys, Mayock likes
Wolfe
Hillman
Blake
Bolden

baja
04-28-2012, 02:42 PM
I voted A because until proven wrong I am going to assume everyone is a stud and Brock is our next Manning. So there.

go_broncos
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Grade F -- Horrible draft..

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM
Draft grade.... WTF

No idea what they are doing. Gotta give them the benefit of the doubt until the team hits the field, but with the exception of Manning this off seasons and draft has been a huge disappointment.

Andre goodman fan?

Requiem
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Liked a few selections, meh on a couple, not stoked about our first two picks.

Aftermath
C. I dont mind the players but we got awful value for our three trades. I also think we reached on Wolfe and Hillman. Only time will tell if the players are good but we should have got more for our trades.

Broncobiv
Have not even started the UDFA period and you want a grade ???

Heck, NFLN made their grades at the very beginning of the 7th round!

razorwire77
04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I'd go with a B/B- depending on if Bolden can return to form.

Really didn't care for BFF Brock in the 2nd round when there were multiple plug and play guys still available.

Time will tell.

R8R H8R
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM

B-

Agreed, they must have telegraphed their desire to trade back too much, and just didn't get the value they probably should have. OTOH, I remember Elway saying that the least value of this draft was at the bottom of the 1st round. If other teams agrees, it explains why they couldn't get better than a high 4th.

As for the picks, they got athletes with production and guys who are leaders on the team.

I can see Wolfe contributing day 1 on the rotation and maybe pushing to start late in the season or maybe next year.

Osweiller will be debated until he plays(hopefully not for 3-5 years), but is what I call a "necessary frustrating pick". What do i mean by that? Think back to 1993 when Denver spent a 3rd to get Jason Elam. Nobody(except the raiders!) likes spending high picks on ST's guys, but in this case it was necessary, and when all was said and done, he is a Ring of Famer.
Osweiller is necessary because we need a QBOTF, but frustrating because we spent a 2nd to pick a guy that will sit for 3 yrs. minimum before we know if he can play.

FWIIW, Mayock said on a wrap up show that he really likes the middle of the Broncos draft--Hillman, Omar Bolden, and Phillip Blake. He thinks Blake will be an eventual quality starter. For the Walton haters, they should be happy.

Overall, I am happy with the draft because they all seem like gamers to me, and many of them(except Brock) can contribute early in some way.

orinjkrush
04-28-2012, 04:15 PM
glad they went after the positions they did (i.e. no more TEs, WRs,), but thought they went after lower rated guys at almost every position. meaning they believe themselves smarter than the rest of the pro football world.

we'll see. go broncos.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 04:32 PM
LOL at all the homers giving this draft a B. Seriously, WTF?

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 04:38 PM

How is that being a homer? I loved Wolfe, I've been banging the drum on him and saying he was being undervalued for weeks. Osweiler, yeah, I agree, didn't like that pick. Hillman was a bit of a reach, but has an intriguing skill set. I thought day three was awesome, really liked all the picks except the Kentucky LB, and that's just because I wasn't familiar with him but he did lead the SEC in tackles two straight seasons. Mayock gave us a B-, so I don't think you can call him a Broncos homer.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 04:39 PM
How is that being a homer? I loved Wolfe, I've been banging the drum on him and saying he was being undervalued for weeks. Osweiler, yeah, I agree, didn't like that pick. Hillman was a bit of a reach, but has an intriguing skill set. I thought day three was awesome, really liked all the picks except the Kentucky LB, and that's just because I wasn't familiar with him but he did lead the SEC in tackles two straight seasons. Mayock gave us a B-, so I don't think you can call him a Broncos homer.

The Osweiler pick alone drops this draft to a C in my eyes, and that's not even getting into the poor trades and reaches.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
The Osweiler pick alone drops this draft to a C in my eyes, and that's not even getting into the poor trades and reaches.

I don't agree there were any reaches other than maybe Hillman by half a round to a round, and maybe Osweiler (though I did see many of projections of him in the 2nd....Souts Inc had him rated in their top 32 players...not that I like the pick, but it's not a consensus "reach"). Wolfe would have come off the board shortly after #36, I don't care what the amateur websites say. He was too productive and physically gifted to last beyond the 2nd. The day 3 guys all went pretty much where expected.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't agree there were any reaches other than maybe Hillman by half a round to a round, and maybe Osweiler (though I did see many of projections of him in the 2nd....Souts Inc had him rated in their top 32 players...not that I like the pick, but it's not a consensus "reach"). Wolfe would have come off the board shortly after #36, I don't care what the amateur websites say. He was too productive and physically gifted to last beyond the 2nd. The day 3 guys all went pretty much where expected.

You don't agree there were reaches except for two reaches in our first three picks. Got it. Makes total sense. Hilarious!

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 04:48 PM
You don't agree there were reaches except for two reaches in our first three picks. Got it. Makes total sense. Hilarious!

No, I agree that one was a SLIGHT reach in Hillman. Osweiler, while I don't like the pick, was projected by many to go in the 2nd. No one on the 3rd day was a reach.

OBF1
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
U for uncomplete

baja
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I hate it when we draft a player with a difficult name to spell.

baja
04-28-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll just cal him Brock or maybe Biff.

backup qb
04-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Caleb Hanie is our backup. Repeat after me. Caleb Hanie is our backup. If anything happens tp Payton it will take about four plays for all of us to be clamoring for Osweiler. Sure,I'd have liked another player at 57 too, however, the pick is growing on me.

Rolandftw
04-28-2012, 05:09 PM
I gave us a D. Still think we aren't likely to get immediate impacts from this draft. I did like what we did in the 4th-6th rounds a lot.

I'd give SD an A, KC a C-, and us a D.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
I gave us a D. Still think we aren't likely to get immediate impacts from this draft. I did like what we did in the 4th-6th rounds a lot.

I'd give SD an A, KC a C-, and us a D.

Of all the teams that a player like Ronnie Hillman or an Isaiah Pead could go to and be an immediate impact player, its the Peyton led, no huddle, offense.
Folks just think about how DEN is gonna utilize Hillman in the new offense.
Theres going to be a TON of space for him in the flats, and all over the field for that matter. Panic for defenses trying to cover all those WRs and TEs and then you get to deal with Hillman catching outta the flats. Nightmare.
I am calling it now. Ronnie Hillman will flourish in DEN, and be a HUGE impact player as a rookie.

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2012, 06:07 PM
C

It was "meh"

ZONA
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
C. I dont mind the players but we got awful value for our three trades. I also think we reached on Wolfe and Hillman. Only time will tell if the players are good but we should have got more for our trades.

Meh, I don't think it was a huge reach on Wolfe but I do think it was a big reach on Hillman. I easily think he would have been around in the 5th. Not saying he's not a great player, just his value was lower because his size puts him in that "specialty" class. I've been saying we need to get ourselves a "Sproles" type of guy and now we have him. I gave us a B-. Liked the Wolfe pick, understand the Osweiler pick even though I wasn't thrilled with it. Obviously I thought we reach some with Hillman but loved the ASU CB pick.

BroncoBuff
04-28-2012, 07:16 PM
D

1. Brock Osweiler does nothing to maximize the three Manning seasons we have. We all assumed Peyton was a 'SB or Bust' move. Well I guess not, cause we BUSTED out #57 on QBOTF, bypassing countless guys who could really help with a playoff run now. QBOTF, that's crap, the future is NOW for this team, too bad we didn't get something there.

2. Drafting Blake while Zebrie Sanders was still available gives me the sick feeling that Orlando Franklin is the RT of the future. Zebrie is a natural RT, which would have meant Franklin could make that Leonard-Davis "I'm-not-a-bust-I'm-a-Pro-Bowler" move inside. And did I mention Franklin sucks at tackle? Plus did you see this ... Blake turns 27 this year. WTF is THAT?!

3. Can't believe we picked the slow, small, Ian Gold-like Danny Trevathan while bigger, faster and universally higher-rated Audie Cole was still available. Cole is just plain better, with the proverbial "high football IQ", reminds me of Spencer Larsen ... great teammate, kinda guy who could captain the special teams maybe even as a rookie.

Other that that, solid! :thumbs:

Rolandftw
04-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Of all the teams that a player like Ronnie Hillman or an Isaiah Pead could go to and be an immediate impact player, its the Peyton led, no huddle, offense.
Folks just think about how DEN is gonna utilize Hillman in the new offense.
Theres going to be a TON of space for him in the flats, and all over the field for that matter. Panic for defenses trying to cover all those WRs and TEs and then you get to deal with Hillman catching outta the flats. Nightmare.
I am calling it now. Ronnie Hillman will flourish in DEN, and be a HUGE impact player as a rookie.

I think he can bring a bit of chaos to opposing defenses. I just question whether he could be an every down type back. Both him and Wolfe can make an impact but they won't be every down players imo. I think the rest of the draft was mainly depth, which is more then fine. Bolden could be eventually a starter for us as well

BroncoBuff
04-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Audie Cole - .6'4" 248 4.76 - Grade 5.38 PFW (http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/audie-cole-42/), #7 ILB #184 overall DraftScout (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69391&draftyear=2012&genpos=ILB)
D Trevathan. 6'0" 234 4.84 - Grade 5.10 PFW (http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/danny-trevathan-22/), #29 OLB, 362 overall DraftScout (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84691&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB)

Swedish Extrovert
04-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Nothing earth shattering, but I like the character of the draft picks. I like that we are basing our picks largely off game tape and production instead of circle jerking to combine numbers. I would have liked to receive more compensation for our trades, but ultimately I think we have some solid picks.

Could we have gotten most of our guys later in the draft? Maybe. But it's impossible to know. Look at your own mock drafts and see where people actually went. For example, look at Chris Polk or Turin. How over drafted would they have been in your picks?

Anyway, Wolfe will be good. Loved his interview and passion. I just don't see him doing anything but succeeding.

Osweiler makes sense to me, especially because of his throwing mechanics and arm strength. If he's truly passionate about football and willing to work hard, then he is in a perfect situation.

Hillman, no opinion. Game tape looks good, but he's so tiny... not sure how well he'll hold up over the long haul. Seems like a third down back. I don't like that he has some ball security issues...

As long as we're talking about combine numbers, it seems like they put a heavy emphasis on strength this year - three of the guys we picked up were the strongest players at their position at the combine: Wolfe, Bolden and Ihenacho.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 07:52 PM

Crazy how optimistic **** has gotten since TJFTE left the building. Suddenly they act like every 4th and 5th round pick is Probowl bound.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 10:08 PM
D

1. Brock Osweiler does nothing to maximize the three Manning seasons we have. We all assumed Peyton was a 'SB or Bust' move. Well I guess not, cause we BUSTED out #57 on QBOTF, bypassing countless guys who could really help with a playoff run now. QBOTF, that's crap, the future is NOW for this team, too bad we didn't get something there.

2. Drafting Blake while Zebrie Sanders was still available gives me the sick feeling that Orlando Franklin is the RT of the future. Zebrie is a natural RT, which would have meant Franklin could make that Leonard-Davis "I'm-not-a-bust-I'm-a-Pro-Bowler" move inside. And did I mention Franklin sucks at tackle? Plus did you see this ... Blake turns 27 this year. WTF is THAT?!

3. Can't believe we picked the slow, small, Ian Gold-like Danny Trevathan while bigger, faster and universally higher-rated Audie Cole was still available. Cole is just plain better, with the proverbial "high football IQ", reminds me of Spencer Larsen ... great teammate, kinda guy who could captain the special teams maybe even as a rookie.

Other that that, solid! :thumbs:

All good points that will be rationalized away without a second thought by all the true believers on this board...

BroncoBuff
04-29-2012, 01:03 AM
All good points that will be rationalized away without a second thought by all the true believers on this board...

We found some common ground then, good. Let's see if we can expand it some. You must know 'True Believers' think the intensity of a user's criticism of EFX is usually directly proportional to how big a Tebow fan he is. Believing this, they're far less likely to criticize John. But you point out how "True Believers" seem to defend John and EFX no matter what happens. Believing that, you're far less likely to praise John.

Neither extreme makes sense, every issue is different and nothing is black and white. For example, I'm not high on TT's skill set or future as a starter, BUT I ALSO THINK he got the shaft here, damn near every time he turned around. John has a lot to learn about handling players, public statements, etc.

It's nothing near the Josh Wars of course, but still we should try to get past it. This is a great friggin' board, it's a shame when new guys like Brockos see this childish crap right outta the gate. We're better than that.

cmhargrove
04-29-2012, 06:28 AM
Audie Cole - .6'4" 248 4.76 - Grade 5.38 PFW (http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/audie-cole-42/), #7 ILB #184 overall DraftScout (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69391&draftyear=2012&genpos=ILB)
D Trevathan. 6'0" 234 4.84 - Grade 5.10 PFW (http://cache.profootballweekly.com/prospects/player/danny-trevathan-22/), #29 OLB, 362 overall DraftScout (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=84691&draftyear=2012&genpos=OLB)

You have a great point if they thought Cole could beat out Mays, Irving, and Miller, but the kid plays SAM and MIKE. It looks like the coaches were after a proven WILL that fits their mold.

I think in the long run we will see if Fox and JDR are right. They have had many, many choices at MIKE (through FA and the draft) and they have decided that Mays is their guy. Time will tell, but they must feel good about this.

Denver Brockos
04-29-2012, 07:11 AM
I picked "A" because there was no A+++++ option; bad poll. But Brock will win you over, you guys.

go_broncos
04-29-2012, 07:25 AM
I picked "A" because there was no A+++++ option; bad poll. But Brock will win you over, you guys.

I just hope you won't ask for Brock whenever manning throws an incomplete pass..
This place was hell during the days of Plummer/Cutler and Orton/Tebow.

Denver Brockos
04-29-2012, 07:28 AM
Yes, because Plummer and Orton are on the same level as Peyton Manning. I wouldn't worry about that.

go_broncos
04-29-2012, 07:31 AM
Yes, because Plummer and Orton are on the same level as Peyton Manning. I wouldn't worry about that.

Well..Manning is 36 years..multiple surgeries...New offense..
There are chances that he will struggle this season.

Denver Brockos
04-29-2012, 07:44 AM
That's fair, but everybody knows Manning is God.

broncoblue
04-29-2012, 01:41 PM
could be a good draft .

oubronco
04-29-2012, 04:32 PM
I'll give it a solid B but we'll see how it pans out in 3 yrs

rbackfactory80
04-29-2012, 04:38 PM
c - as average as they come.

SoDak Bronco
04-29-2012, 05:41 PM
if we can someone get three starters from this draft, it will be an A, as of right now...c

SoDak Bronco
04-29-2012, 05:42 PM
What did MEL KIPA JR grade the Broncos draft?

Tim
04-29-2012, 06:03 PM
C

all of the picks will be backups this year and out of the nfl in 5 years

GreatBronco16
04-29-2012, 06:18 PM
As of right now, I'll give it a low 'C'. Just nothing that really stands out. And I still don't like how Denver just gave Hightower to the Pats. That one still bugs me.

Denver Brockos
04-29-2012, 08:16 PM
C

all of the picks will be backups this year and out of the nfl in 5 years

If that's true, shouldn't the grade be F?

I wouldn't worry though, Brock will be on this roster for the next 15.

jhns
04-30-2012, 06:43 AM
I grade it a B right now. Every pick was at a position of real need. I also like some of the prospects. Most I don't know anything about, other than random scouting reports. It is a B because of weak value from trades.

Agamemnon
04-30-2012, 08:47 AM
We found some common ground then, good. Let's see if we can expand it some. You must know 'True Believers' think the intensity of a user's criticism of EFX is usually directly proportional to how big a Tebow fan he is. Believing this, they're far less likely to criticize John. But you point out how "True Believers" seem to defend John and EFX no matter what happens. Believing that, you're far less likely to praise John.

Neither extreme makes sense, every issue is different and nothing is black and white. For example, I'm not high on TT's skill set or future as a starter, BUT I ALSO THINK he got the shaft here, damn near every time he turned around. John has a lot to learn about handling players, public statements, etc.

It's nothing near the Josh Wars of course, but still we should try to get past it. This is a great friggin' board, it's a shame when new guys like Brockos see this childish crap right outta the gate. We're better than that.

I'll happily give EFX praise when I feel they deserve it. The whole Tebow thing is just one part of my disdain for the way EFX is "rebuilding" this team.

I mean here:

Von Miller was a great pick.
Tracy Porter and Willis McGahee were quality signings.
Jack Del Rio was a great hire at DC.

I'm not entrenched in my position, they just keep doing **** I really don't like.

Boomhauer
05-01-2012, 04:55 AM
Grade the Draft
C - Average draft - some needs met, some prosects

The Good ----------

Derek Wolfe / Starting UT - Should be an impact player for years in Denver. May backup Vickerson this season and play largely on passing downs, though he's also very good against the run.

Philip Blake / Starting LG - Could start for Kuper at RG if there's any setbacks, but most likely easily replaces Beadles at LG this year. He's a hoss with the physical development expected of a 26yr old and should also be our backup OC.

Wayne Tribue CFA / Backup OG - Should beat out (in order) CJ Davis and Zane Beadles for the position. This was a serious weakness for the Broncos (Hochstein - really?) and with Blake able to play OC, Tribue could also beat Ramirez for a spot.

Duke Ihenacho CFA / SS competition - Quinton Carter has the inside track to be the starting SS this season, but though he's very good in space and pursuit, his tackling form is frightening and can be run at. Ihenacho, a converted LB, is the only legit SS on the roster and should already be ahead of SP-T's ace Bruton and reserve DB Bush.

The Bad -----------

Ronnie Hillman / PR+KR - This is a need that could have been addressed in UFA, so was a wasted pick. Hillman won't be ready to man the backfield for a few years, so I'm guessing the Broncos are fine with Fannin, Johnson and short-yardage McGahee this year. There were significantly better RBs available at the time and still, which makes this pick very hard to excuse.

Brock Osweiler / 3rd String QB - I've been going back over game film of Osweiler and consider this a wasted pick. While he has the size, pocket feet and arm, he's inaccurate and can't read defenses. Broncos should have gotten an equivalent or better QB in CFA that could be safely held on the P-Squad instead. At 2nd string this year, it'll probably be a competition between Weber and Hanie.

Omar Bolden / developmental FS - While good in space and pressing the line, Bolden doesn't have the agility or speed to play CB (even Nickel/Dime) in the NFL. What he does have is size and willingness to tackle and will have to learn a whole new position (FS). Another wasted pick as better, experienced FSs could have been had then or later in CFA.

The OK ------------

Malik Jackson / developmental LDE - Has the size and speed, but lacks strength and technique.
Jamie Blatnick / developmental RDE - Worth a camp spot to see how he does.
Note - Looking forward to seeing how much Jeremy Beal has developed.

Jerry Franklin / 3rd String MLB - Plays like a more agile and smarter version of Mays (who should be cut), so I'm chalking him in behind Mohamed (starter) and Irving (backup).
Steven Johnson / 3rd String SLB - Good potential and may even beat out Obiozor for the backup spot. Looking forward to seeing both these guys play this preseason and may be competing against each other for a roster/P-Squad spot.

Gerell Robinson / WR - Big target for the jump ball and crossing route, but lacks quickness just like CFA-worthy Demarius Thomas. Main differences between the two is Robinson has 4.6 speed, good hands and solid blocking compared to Thomas' 4.5 speed, poor hands and weak blocking.

Camp Fodder or possible P-Squad - LB Danny Trevathan, LB Elliot Coffey, DB Coryell Judie, OT Mike Remmers, OG Austin Wuebbles, TE Anthony Miller, K/PR Eric Page, LS Aaron Brewer

alkemical
05-01-2012, 05:44 AM
I've read tons of good things about Eric Page... (Re: Southstandsjunkie), he could be a steal.

Bmore Manning
05-01-2012, 06:38 AM
I think this was a better draft then many are given credit for. What I like is that Denver doesn't just take the consensus "media" best player. My issue with this draft wasn't the players they took, but rather the round they took them in.
It shows that if they like someone they will make sure they get their guy, and nobody knows where these players fell on real NFL teams boards, not just the media boards. Polk, Miller, these guys were can't miss RB prospects, one went three rounds later and the other undrafted. But we should trust Kiper, McShay and the other experts?

This draft addressed every position of need on the team. While I think they reached, it could have been perfect timing. I don't see what position on Defense other than UT where a rookie would have started, guess what they traded back and got their guy. On offense, I don't think Konz the number one Center prospect would have came in and guaranteed taken Walton's job. He's been a pro for two years. While I'm not saying he's good, would Konz really outright start over him? A rookie to be thrown into the fire to protect Manning? Even Pouncey didn't outright start. Same goes for our good friend Zane, unless DeCastro was drafted, or a Zietler, Silatolu, the rookie Guatd is going to have to compete, and if Denver didn't trade down and took Zietler, or took Silatolu at 36, people would have demanded Elways head! Besides, Manning makes the OLine in front of him look great, Denver has more talent than Indy did.

Now for the skilled positions, you don't need to draft a top round receiver for Manning, he makes practice squad guys look great. I think Page from Toledo will be an impact WR on this team alle Garçon for Indy. As for RB, unless his name was TR, he wasn't starting over McGahee. Hillman is a STUD, I don't care about his level of competition, in football, everyone's objective is to tackle, so the small school thing doesn't bother me with a WR/ RB. Now this FO are high on Fanin, he will most likely be the power back, post McGahee.

Wolfe will make an immediate impact at UT, Hillman will see plenty of snaps as he is the perfect Manning offense RB, Blake can push for an interior job, Trevathan is a great WLB he has scouts calling him the next Lance Briggs per Walterfootball and profootballTalk, and Malik has serious upside! Bolden may be the steal of the draft if he stays healthy, first round talent taken in the fourth. That to me is a team who did their homework and took many guts who will contribute immediately, and have serious upside. I would have liked a NT for the future, and Jean-Baptiste would have been perfect UDFA, but nobody comes out a 100% winner when 31 other teams see the talent in a player you want.