PDA

View Full Version : Danny Trevathan, LB, UK

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
6'0", 237, 4.75 forty, Bench: 18

http://johnclay.bloginky.com/files/2011/05/trevathankycom.jpg

Trevathan was the leader of the Kentucky defense and constantly produced splash plays throughout the 2011 season. He was one of the nation's leading tacklers despite not playing in a bowl game. Trevathan recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, four interceptions, five forced fumbles, five pass breakups and three sacks. He played well against good opponents and was an impact player impossible to ignore.

Last season, Trevathan had 144 tackles with 16 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four forced fumbles and three passes broken up. He was a three-year starter who improved each season. If he can add some bulk for the next level, he could be a steal. Trevathan is a phenomenal run defender that attacks the line of scrimmage and helps set up good down-and-distance situations. He also is a good blitzer and is able to cover well. Trevathan makes hard hits; he knocked a few players out of games this season. br>
Trevathan looks like a perfect fit as a Will (weakside) linebacker in a 4-3 defense. He has the speed and instincts to cover the perimeter while also being able to make tackles in the box. (Walter)

OBF1
04-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Trevathan is a fluid athlete who is undersized but crafty and uses his athletic ability to stay active. In the right NFL system that can keep offensive linemen off him, likely a 4-3 scheme, Trevathan can hit a lane hard and make plays in the backfield. He struggles to get free once blockers engage him, which will be a persistent problem. Due to his athletic ability and enormous production, he has fourth-round value and could be selected even earlier by a team looking to take a risk on an undersized guy capable of contributing immediately on special teams.

Like mentioned before... Sounds alot like Woodyard V2.0

McDman
04-28-2012, 02:39 PM
144 tackles is ridiculous.

OBF1
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM

Trevathan was the leader of the Kentucky defense and constantly produced splash plays throughout the 2011 season. He was one of the nation's leading tacklers despite not playing in a bowl game. Trevathan recorded 143 tackles with 11.5 tackles for a loss, four interceptions, five forced fumbles, five pass breakups and three sacks. He played well against good opponents and was an impact player impossible to ignore.

Last season, Trevathan had 144 tackles with 16 tackles for a loss, three sacks, four forced fumbles and three passes broken up. He was a three-year starter who improved each season. If he can add some bulk for the next level, he could be a steal. Trevathan is a phenomenal run defender that attacks the line of scrimmage and helps set up good down-and-distance situations. He also is a good blitzer and is able to cover well. Trevathan makes hard hits; he knocked a few players out of games this season. br>
Trevathan looks like a perfect fit as a Will (weakside) linebacker in a 4-3 defense. He has the speed and instincts to cover the perimeter while also being able to make tackles in the box. (Walter)

Bye Bye DJ :pray:

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:41 PM
he's a Woodyard type but man that report makes him sound like Joe Mays at WLB.

extralife
04-28-2012, 02:43 PM
it should be incredibly obvious by now that the most important part of the draft evaluation process for EFX is college production.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
he's a Woodyard type but man that report makes him sound like Joe Mays at WLB.

Let Fox work his magic with him. :strong:

KipCorrington25
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Special teams!

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Hi production guy... another Kentucky LBer... well alrighty then...

schaaf
04-28-2012, 02:53 PM
it should be incredibly obvious by now that the most important part of the draft evaluation process for EFX is college production.

Yep that seems to be their most coveted attribute

KipCorrington25
04-28-2012, 02:55 PM

Unlike KC they go for the guy who wins at the combine, Hilarious!

hambone13
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I was stoked about WW's pick and I'm equally excited about this one. Hopefully it's as successful. This seems like a great late round value. Production doesn't lie.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I was stoked about WW's pick and I'm equally excited about this one. Hopefully it's as successful. This seems like a great late round value. Production doesn't lie.

WW was an UDFA so...

Harvitz81
04-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I like it and I think this could spell the end for DJ. Woodyard likely to start while we groom this guy behind. Bonus - looks like he can cover as well.

hambone13
04-28-2012, 03:05 PM
WW was an UDFA so...

I thought we picked him up late. My bad. One way or the other, KU seems to be sound at finding LB talent that translates into the NFL when they've been productive.

hambone13
04-28-2012, 03:07 PM
I like it and I think this could spell the end for DJ. Woodyard likely to start while we groom this guy behind. Bonus - looks like he can cover as well.

DJ is a great LB man. This guy will never touch what he's accomplished with all the D-Coordinator moves. Albeit, I would love to be proven wrong but DJ is prototypical size with just as much speed. Perhaps he has a better nose for the ball which would be a great.

KevinJames
04-28-2012, 03:09 PM
<object height="315" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7_AUk2rRlF8?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="315" width="560"></object> (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_AUk2rRlF8)

liked what I saw should be a terror on special teams day 1 peep the run stuff at 2:58 WOW!!!

pricejj
04-28-2012, 03:12 PM

as it should be

pricejj
04-28-2012, 03:13 PM
DJ is a great LB man. This guy will never touch what he's accomplished with all the D-Coordinator moves. Albeit, I would love to be proven wrong but DJ is prototypical size with just as much speed. Perhaps he has a better nose for the ball which would be a great.

^
THIS

DJ is a baller, that is all.

DENVERDUI55
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM

DJ isn't a great LB. He is great as far as speed and size goes but average with his playmaking ability. He is great at racking up tackle numbers 5 yards down the field.

Broncobiv
04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
I was just thinking before this pick...it's getting late in the draft, dare we take a chance on Burfict? Well, it was a LB, just a different one.

extralife
04-28-2012, 03:38 PM
He is great at racking up tackle numbers 5 yards down the field.

that tends to happen when you're an LB that has spent an entire career behind a terrible defensive line. what do you want him to do, play DT?

McDman
04-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I thought we picked him up late. My bad. One way or the other, KU seems to be sound at finding LB talent that translates into the NFL when they've been productive.

UK...

Vegas_Bronco
04-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Dude is going to be our SS on run d packages....i know where this is going.

Tombstone RJ
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Dude is going to be our SS on run d packages....i know where this is going.

I doubt it... I can remember when I wanted Ian Gold moved to safety and it never happened. For whatever reason moving a big DB to LBer can be done in the NFL but moving a small LBer to Safety is not an option, probably because of their inability to run.

barryr
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
I doubt it... I can remember when I wanted Ian Gold moved to safety and it never happened. For whatever reason moving a big DB to LBer can be done in the NFL but moving a small LBer to Safety is not an option, probably because of their inability to run.

I agree, I don't see him playing safety. There are not many Darren Woodson types that can make that transition.

Vegas_Bronco
04-28-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm not saying he will...just know that they like his ability to play the run and ability to go pass defense at any moment. Remember how Lynch came in on 1st & 2nd to play the run or just blitz the A-B or edge...

Strengths

Trevathan is a good lateral mover who makes plays sideline to sideline. He can run down almost any ball carrier. He relies on his speed to rush the passer and brings a physical, explosive drive-shoulder tackle when he reaches the quarterback. He can secure interceptions with relative ease and is active in the pass game even though he struggles when dropping. He is a classic undersized, athletic lateral mover at outside linebacker. </ARTICLE><ARTICLE id=yui_3_4_1_5_1335655166315_358>

Weaknesses

Trevathan is an undersized linebacker who can struggle to shed away from bigger offensive linemen. He should thrive in coverage given his size, but he struggles there as well and seems to get lost. He is better in tight areas and gets somewhat exposed when playing zone coverage. He also can be slow to diagnose plays at times; he needs to hit plays full speed to be effective. He can overrun plays even though he is effective in pursuit.

TonyR
04-28-2012, 05:52 PM
IAOFM's comments on Trevathan.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-broncos-draft-danny-trevathan-at-188

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 05:56 PM
IAOFM's comments on Trevathan.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-broncos-draft-danny-trevathan-at-188

I'm not sure I agree that EFX "ignored" the BPA strategy. The author may disagree that Trevathan was BPA at that spot, but that doesn't mean EFX agreed. In the 6th round, opinions on BPA will vary wildly.

broncosteven
04-28-2012, 06:27 PM

This sounds like a great pickup. I hope he can play up to this at the NFL level.

maher_tyler
04-28-2012, 07:35 PM

Makes sense. If you don't produce much in the NFL, why would anyone think they could in the NFL??

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 07:44 PM
I think he has more potential, but even if he's just a pheominal special teams guy, he could well have been the BPA on their board. David Bruton was drafted in the 4th Round just by being an elite gunner prospect.

Punisher
04-28-2012, 08:23 PM
The guy is a tackling machine but lacks speed i like him rotating with Iriving playing the ILB