PDA

View Full Version : Malik Jackson, DE, Tennesee

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
6'5", 285, 4.91 forty, Bench: 25

http://www.nooga.com/assets/_/2fe7e150acad774fc5f2607a3bc549a023351_large.jpg

Strengths: Very good size and frame with a strong upper body and long arms. Very good quickness and agility for his size and is a naturally explosive player with good get-off speed. Jackson stays balanced through contact and keeps working to penetrate the pocket, playing with a good motor. He is stout at the point of attack and plays with good length and wrist/hand strength to secure tackles. Jackson has also shown the ability to rip the ball out of the grasp of ballcarriers with four career forced fumbles. Improved awareness and footwork to drop in space when needed. Versatile skill-set to play multiple positions on the defensive line and has experience playing inside and outside. Weaknesses: Plays too tall and allows himself to get upright off the snap. Needs to do a better job with leverage to win at the line of scrimmage, relying too much on his upper-body strength. Lean lower body and needs to improve his strength in his legs and thighs. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips. Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change of direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backwards off the snap. Only average career production at the college level (13.0 career sacks). Still a bit raw in his development and needs to eliminate senseless penalties. Looks fatigued at times, struggling to finish plays, and conditioning might be an issue. NFL Comparison: Tim Crowder, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Dane Brugle

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 11:06 AM
I love this pick. !Booya!

socalorado
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
6'5", 285, 4.91 forty, Bench: 25

http://www.nooga.com/assets/_/2fe7e150acad774fc5f2607a3bc549a023351_large.jpg[/img

[I]Strengths: Very good size and frame with a strong upper body and long arms. Very good quickness and agility for his size and is a naturally explosive player with good get-off speed. Jackson stays balanced through contact and keeps working to penetrate the pocket, playing with a good motor. He is stout at the point of attack and plays with good length and wrist/hand strength to secure tackles. Jackson has also shown the ability to rip the ball out of the grasp of ballcarriers with four career forced fumbles. Improved awareness and footwork to drop in space when needed. Versatile skill-set to play multiple positions on the defensive line and has experience playing inside and outside. Weaknesses: Plays too tall and
allows himself to get upright off the snap. Needs to do a better job with leverage to win at the line of scrimmage, relying too much on his upper-body strength. Lean lower body and needs to improve his strength in his legs and thighs. Suspect body flexibility and tight hips. Not a natural bender and lacks fluid change of direction ability. Plays with inconsistent pad level and is often knocked backwards off the snap. Only average career production at the college level (13.0 career sacks). Still a bit raw in his development and needs to eliminate senseless penalties. Looks fatigued at times, struggling to finish plays, and conditioning might be an issue. NFL Comparison: Tim Crowder, Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Dane Brugle

Read this and remember whos coaching him now.
Yeah, this is a good pick!

montrose
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
NFL Comparison: Tim Crowder, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Hahahaha! Yes!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/RxyRPB4BDAI/AAAAAAAAHQI/o6Ah7x0ZdSQ/s400/1022steelers02-a.jpg

McDman
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
Watched every snap he took.

High motor, great work ethic.

He is a great teammate as well. He cam to UT to play DE but our DTs were so few that he went in there and played well above his level ijn a position he wasn't all that comfortable with. He never once complained about it either.

enjolras
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
The third day has been REALLY good.

SoCalBronco
04-28-2012, 11:10 AM
Good selection.

razorwire77
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Really good value pick here. 5th, 6th, 7th rounds if you can get a guy that can make the team and contribute you're ahead of the game. Not only will he make the team, but I think he gets on the field as a rotational DE and bumped inside to DT in certain situations. Two defensive lineman drafted, and two high motor guys. Definitely a pattern.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
i love this pick! tweener type but in a very good way. can play end, can play tackle, can rush the passer, get in the backfield and stop the run. plus he's athletic as hell.

not to mention, outside of Marcus Nash we have pretty good luck with Tennessee players.

McDman
04-28-2012, 11:14 AM
i love this pick! tweener type but in a very good way. can play end, can play tackle, can rush the passer, get in the backfield and stop the run. plus he's athletic as hell.

not to mention, outside of Marcus Nash we have pretty good luck with Tennessee players.

Love the UT rep!

We have put so many quakity players in the league. Too bad we blow now.

Malik was a lone bright spot in dark days of the program.

McDman
04-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Also, watch for Justin Hunter after this year. If he heals up he is going to be an absolute monster.

So is Darick Rodgers but he is a massive tool.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 11:16 AM

What i like about this pick is his athleticism combined with his attitude make for the perfect player for Fox/Del Rio to take and have a really good chance of molding into a starter, and a good player in the future.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Love the UT rep!

We have put so many quakity players in the league. Too bad we blow now.

Malik was a lone bright spot in dark days of the program.

i think that Dooley is the right guy but people see his resume and think UT should have landed a high profile guy. people don't realize how bad UT was before Kiffin took over and they don't realize how much of a non fit Kiffin's players were for Dooley.

Sunseri and the new staff will be great for Dooley to get that defense straight.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 11:18 AM
I love TIm CrowDer!

OBF1
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
It appears we are trying to go NY Giants here.... Get smaller, faster DT's, like rushing 2 DE's and 2 5 technique DE's. It might pan out.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 11:20 AM
I love TIm CrowDer!

Man, did Osweiller bang your sister?
Jeez, dude go get a BJ, and relax.

Vegas_Bronco
04-28-2012, 11:21 AM

Peyton manning is gonna have his back.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Man, did Osweiller bang your sister?
Jeez, dude go get a BJ, and relax.

I like this pick dude, so how about you pucker up and get some of my baby batter!? :D

KevinJames
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
love this pick! matter fact love all our day 3 picks

he is a good player who can play anywhere on the line he will be a starter at DT by 2013

McDman
04-28-2012, 11:24 AM
i think that Dooley is the right guy but people see his resume and think UT should have landed a high profile guy. people don't realize how bad UT was before Kiffin took over and they don't realize how much of a non fit Kiffin's players were for Dooley.

Sunseri and the new staff will be great for Dooley to get that defense straight.

Dooley has really not done anything to impress me. I will give him another year but we HAVE to win 8 games.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson are ****ing excellent additions to this Dline. I get the weird feeling that Fox and Del Rio know what they're doing on defense. As a Broncos fan, that is a very eerie feeling to have. It's like vertigo. :puff:

socalorado
04-28-2012, 11:25 AM
I like this pick dude, so how about you pucker up and get some of my baby batter!? :D

No one would ever know if you like this pick.
You bitch, piss and moan about every pick.
Let it go man. Like your yogurt in your life
partners mouth! :sunshine:

DENVERDUI55
04-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Poor man's Robert ayers.

bombay
04-28-2012, 11:54 AM
All I remember about Crowder is him bowling over Roethlisberger, picking up the ball and sprinting to the end zone. Then he was gone.

broncolife
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
All I remember about Crowder is always thinking about Clams when I heard his name.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Dooley has really not done anything to impress me. I will give him another year but we HAVE to win 8 games.

i understand that but the man can coach. if he can survive this year i think he'll be a Tom Coughlin type. every year they want him canned, then he wins a big game and stays.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 11:59 AM
love this pick! matter fact love all our day 3 picks

he is a good player who can play anywhere on the line he will be a starter at DT by 2013

I think you loved the day two picks also if I'm not mistaken. Oh and the day 1 non-pick as well.

Chris
04-28-2012, 12:03 PM
No one would ever know if you like this pick.
You b****, piss and moan about every pick.
Let it go man. Like your yogurt in your life
partners mouth! :sunshine:

http://assets4.blogher.com/files/Total-Fage-cup.gif

Sorry, had to.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 12:09 PM
http://assets4.blogher.com/files/Total-Fage-cup.gif

Sorry, had to.

Find your computer yet?

broncosteven
04-28-2012, 12:38 PM
I am glad they moved back and got multiple DL players rather than 1 high pick.

R8R H8R
04-28-2012, 03:34 PM
Derek Wolfe and Malik Jackson are ****ing excellent additions to this Dline. I get the weird feeling that Fox and Del Rio know what they're doing on defense. As a Broncos fan, that is a very eerie feeling to have. It's like vertigo. :puff:

Agreed. This is why I give them the benefit of the doubt on guys like Wolfe. I trust them more than I do some draft guru who thinks he is a 3rd or 4th rounder.

And yes, it is a weird feeling.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
yeah it definitely doesn't feel right to be able to trust the coaches on D. it very, very, very weird indeed.

ZONA
04-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Watched every snap he took.

High motor, great work ethic.

He is a great teammate as well. He cam to UT to play DE but our DTs were so few that he went in there and played well above his level ijn a position he wasn't all that comfortable with. He never once complained about it either.

How do you know he never "once complained" about it? It's ok that you like the guy but I always have to sigh on those extra things people throw in there as if they really know.

Bob
04-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Didn't the CB we pick have the same number of bench presses? Is 25 good for the DL?

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 04:50 PM
Didn't the CB we pick have the same number of bench presses? Is 25 good for the DL?

Wouldn't be great for a DL. Wolfe, for comparisons sake, did 33 reps. But for a CB, that's pretty damn impressive.

kappys
04-28-2012, 05:19 PM
Provided Ayers still rotates into UT on passing downs(which I think he should unless Wolfe really lives up to his potential) this seems like a good rotational guy who can man the SDE position and hopefully get some pressure from the edge along side Von Miller.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM

Depends on the length of their arms. Some Dlinemen have very long arms, which work great for controlling an Olineman, but aren't so great at the bench press.

KipCorrington25
04-28-2012, 05:52 PM
The next Tim Crowder baby!

ZONA
04-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Poor man's Robert ayers.

I think Ayers is finally coming around. I forecast a big year from him.

Mediator12
04-28-2012, 07:25 PM
How do you know he never "once complained" about it? It's ok that you like the guy but I always have to sigh on those extra things people throw in there as if they really know.

It is on record from the coaching staff that he took playing DT to heart and worked hard to learn the techniques, even though he had been a very talented DE.

I love this kid. He is described as a Team first player by coaches who has leadership traits on the field. He is situationally aware and very quick off the snap and has great speed to power moves like Vinny Curry and Chandler Jones. Also, he can tackle in the gaps and finds the ball quickly and reacts decisively in the run reads.

I took him in the mock draft as a Sleeper and I am very happy I did. I think he is going to be Stud LDE with versatility to play DT in the nickel pass rush set. He at the very least should be a rotational DL, if not starter by year 2 IMHO.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 07:34 PM
It is on record from the coaching staff that he took playing DT to heart and worked hard to learn the techniques, even though he had been a very talented DE.

I love this kid. He is described as a Team first player by coaches who has leadership traits on the field. He is situationally aware and very quick off the snap and has great speed to power moves like Vinny Curry and Chandler Jones. Also, he can tackle in the gaps and finds the ball quickly and reacts decisively in the run reads.

I took him in the mock draft as a Sleeper and I am very happy I did. I think he is going to be Stud LDE with versatility to play DT in the nickel pass rush set. He at the very least should be a rotational DL, if not starter by year 2 IMHO.

i agree with this, i see him as a flex DL. he'll mostly play DE then slide inside to DT at times based on the formation.