PDA

View Full Version : phillip blake

jebures
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
officially hate this draft, a 26 year old rookie, awesome.

Man-Goblin
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
If he can play now who gives a ****. Are you worried that we might have to replace him in 2021?

That said, I have no idea of he can play now. Can't be worse than Walton, can he?

hookemhess
04-28-2012, 10:43 AM
If he can play now who gives a ****. Are you worried that we might have to replace him in 2021?

That said, I have no idea of he can play now. Can't be worse than Walton, can he?

He can play guard.

Mediator12
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Blake was my second rated Center and a steal IMHO. You only get a guys for four years in these contracts and overage is not the problem it once was.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Blake is a great pick. Played Tackle well, then moved to guard and was a natural there. Then went to Center and was good there. A very versatile, stellar player that always produces no matter where he plays.
I think Beadles days are numbered.
Awesome pick

halfback
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Not sure, trying to stay positive, but it's getting hard to do, granted I'm no draft guru but I can't wrap my brain around taking bolden and Blake when dennard, boykins and massif are still on the board

spdirty
04-28-2012, 10:49 AM
Like the pick cuz it shows the end of JD Walton.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Not sure, trying to stay positive, but it's getting hard to do, granted I'm no draft guru but I can't wrap my brain around taking bolden and Blake when dennard, boykins and massif are still on the board

Bolden as a healthy CB is literally 10! times the player any of those guys you listed are. High risk high reward. Dennard blows.
You will see alot of Blake this year.

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 10:55 AM

Bolden would have been rated ahead of all those guys if he had not blown out his knee. Granted, that's a huge red flag, but if they've done their due diligence on the medicals it could be a steal.

barryr
04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
It usually takes players a full year to recover from an ACL, so we probably won't see Bolden at his best until 2013.

SpringStein
04-28-2012, 10:57 AM
Blake was my second rated Center and a steal IMHO. You only get a guys for four years in these contracts and overage is not the problem it once was.

Listen to the Man - he knows of what he speaks!

halfback
04-28-2012, 11:07 AM
Bolden as a healthy CB is literally 10! times the player any of those guys you listed are. High risk high reward. Dennard blows.
You will see alot of Blake this year.

Like I said thats why I just watch at home, but seems odd we draft a db that has major knee injury and runs in the 4.6 range, I'll be rooting for him, hope it works out

doonwise
04-28-2012, 11:09 AM
He's an ideal depth player -- can be moved all over the line if injury strikes. Let's not forget: it's the 4th round. This is usually where you're looking to flesh out team depth and from that perspective, this pick looks solid.

BMarsh615
04-28-2012, 11:10 AM
It usually takes players a full year to recover from an ACL, so we probably won't see Bolden at his best until 2013.

Didn't Bolden hurt his knee in April last year?

55CrushEm
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM

Ummm....he tore his acl last April....so it's already been a year. He should be ready to go.

doonwise
04-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Didn't Bolden hurt his knee in April last year?
Yes. It's been 1 year since his injury.

barryr
04-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Ummm....he tore his acl last April....so it's already been a year. He should be ready to go.

Um, a year of playing after the injury. Why do you think he lasted until the 4th? Bad hygiene?

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM

our CB turns 24 this year if that helps you feel better.

Boomhauer
04-28-2012, 11:22 AM
Blake is a great pick. Played Tackle well, then moved to guard and was a natural there. Then went to Center and was good there. A very versatile, stellar player that always produces no matter where he plays. I think Beadles days are numbered. Awesome pick

This. I didn't include Blake on my OG board since I thought he'd be long-gone by the time we looked at the position. This is a steal in the 4th for a Week1 starter I thought would have been taken yesterday.
A very strong and savvy OLineman, but not really quick enough to be an OC which probably means OG and back-up OC. Even better than how good he is is it means we have a legit back-up for Kuper (if necessary) and replacement for the lousy Beadles - who probably was going to be replaced anyways by CJ Davis.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 11:27 AM
It's amazing how some people have no clue about college players and drafts. Who cares if he's 26 he's not a 1st round pick. He gives options for a horrible interior Oline(sans Kuper)

Just cause some players weren't talked about or hyped by ESPN last 2 months doesn't mean they won't produce. Go back in all the drafts an I guarantee hyped players busted while no namers became great pros. Bolden and Blake will both produce on the field and are 4th rounders. 4th rounders producing? That's a win.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Um, a year of playing after the injury. Why do you think he lasted until the 4th? Bad hygiene?

Turbin missed 2 years and people were begging for him. Bolden didn't play in 2011. He played himself into an early 2nd round last year.

Bolden would've played in November if needed. Chose to take the safe route and wait till the pros. He will be fine.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Do you think Bolden hurt his knee this month?

theAPAOps5
04-28-2012, 11:33 AM

Good thing it's been a year.....

socalorado
04-28-2012, 11:34 AM
This. I didn't include Blake on my OG board since I thought he'd be long-gone by the time we looked at the position. This is a steal in the 4th for a Week1 starter I thought would have been taken yesterday.
A very strong and savvy OLineman, but not really quick enough to be an OC which probably means OG and back-up OC. Even better than how good he is is it means we have a legit back-up for Kuper (if necessary) and replacement for the lousy Beadles - who probably was going to be replaced anyways by CJ Davis.

Agreed. Bolden and Blake made this draft. Good picks. I would have liked Ta'amu but its all good.
Bolden could end up STARTING at some point this year!
Blake was a great, much needed pick. Enough of this Beadles crap.
Blake just made the O-line much more nasty.

barryr
04-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Turbin missed 2 years and people were begging for him. Bolden didn't play in 2011. He played himself into an early 2nd round last year.

Bolden would've played in November if needed. Chose to take the safe route and wait till the pros. He will be fine.

Like I stated, it typically takes a year for a player to recover from an ACL and that means playing a year to get all of their speed back. This is news to you? Look it up. Again, look at the CB spot. It was hardly a strength after the first 3 and Bolden lasts until the 4th. Teams are not confident he will be at full speed this year since ACL injuries take that long to fully recover. I happen to like the pick, but it is hardly some slam dunk great pick some are claiming.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Ya cause RG3 never recovered from his torn ACL. This isn't the 80s. He showed full speed at the combine. It's a 4th round pick. How many times can you say a 4th is a slam dunk?

jebures
04-28-2012, 11:46 AM
Like I stated, it typically takes a year for a player to recover from an ACL and that means playing a year to get all of their speed back. This is news to you? Look it up. Again, look at the CB spot. It was hardly a strength after the first 3 and Bolden lasts until the 4th. Teams are not confident he will be at full speed this year since ACL injuries take that long to fully recover. I happen to like the pick, but it is hardly some slam dunk great pick some are claiming.

Wanted Boykin really bad with that pick. What is going un-noticed in this draft is how excellent of a draft San Diego is having.

barryr
04-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Ya cause RG3 never recovered from his torn ACL. This isn't the 80s. He showed full speed at the combine. It's a 4th round pick. How many times can you say a 4th is a slam dunk?

How did Griffin enter into this? Again, this draft was not strong at CB and look where Bolden ended up? You do know Bolden missed most of 2009 too with an injury? Boykin was seen as a 2nd rounder too, but injury concerns dropped him too.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 11:56 AM
How did Griffin enter into this? Again, this draft was not strong at CB and look where Bolden ended up? You do know Bolden missed most of 2009 too with an injury? Boykin was seen as a 2nd rounder too, but injury concerns dropped him too.

You said it takes a player a full year of playing after the year of sitting out to regain top speed and shape. I used RG3 as an example against that. Came back the following year 100%. If this was a RB I'd have concerns. But it's only a 4th and High risk rewards can be had in a 4th.

barryr
04-28-2012, 12:02 PM
You said it takes a player a full year of playing after the year of sitting out to regain top speed and shape. I used RG3 as an example against that. Came back the following year 100%. If this was a RB I'd have concerns. But it's only a 4th and High risk rewards can be had in a 4th.

Good for Griffin, and that has what to do with Bolden, who also missed most of the 2009 season with injury?

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 12:06 PM
Good for Griffin, and that has what to do with Bolden, who also missed most of the 2009 season with injury?

It didn't have to do with Bolden. But had everything to do with debunking your "year after a year of sitting out" theory.

Is bolden going to play the 1 or 2? No. Again he's a risk reward pick in the middle of the draft.

barryr
04-28-2012, 12:08 PM
It didn't have to do with Bolden. But had everything to do with debunking your "year after a year of sitting out" theory.

Is bolden going to play the 1 or 2? No. Again he's a risk reward pick in the middle of the draft.

So one player debunks, someone who plays QB? Whatever.

ChampBailey24
04-28-2012, 12:27 PM
i seem to remember mike anderson being an old rookie

UberBroncoMan
04-28-2012, 12:30 PM

We are spoiled from Brandon Marshall and Doom...from 2006.

cutthemdown
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM

It's been official for sometime now.......You're an idiot.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
We are spoiled from Brandon Marshall and Doom...from 2006.

People say what they want about shannys drafting, but that 2006 draft was one of the best I've seen.