PDA

View Full Version : Day 3 Draft Dicussions:

Pages : 1 2 [3]

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 12:59 PM
LOL

This Sanu guy is a dork. Just called the prank call a "blessing in disguise because now I'm a Bengal" when he thought he was a Bengal before. Not interview savvy at all..

pricejj
04-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Every single weak position on the roster has been addressed, with quality picks in the EXACT value order that is most beneficial. It's too bad we had to draft QB so early, but we had too, and got the best value we could. If Weeden would have been on the board we would have picked him.

1. Derek Wolfe - Best impact UT in the draft. Orange Crush!!
2. Brock Osweiler - A must pick to get ahead of the QB curve if Manning goes down. Weeden would have been the pick if he was still on the board.
3. Ronnie Hillman - Touchdown scoring, slippery, great hands...impact Sproles-type RB. We would not have gotten a better back if we picked RB at #57. We passed on Miller to get Hillman, that says something.
4. Omar Bolden - Good production immediate impact, could be 3rd best CB on the team. No more weak spot at CB. Josh Robinson was off the board at our 3rd round pick, so we didn't miss out by waiting until the 4th.
5. Phillip Blake - Instant upgrade over Walton that was much needed, and didn't have to spend a 1st round pick to do it. He is mature and ready to make an impact instantly.
6. Malik Jackson - Solid strongside, impact DE to back up Ayers. Perfect pick at the perfect spot.
7. Levi Adcock (projection) - Great pick for 6th round, could start at RT if Franklin doesn't work out, and Harris is injured. Protected Weeden's blindside.

KevinJames
04-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Damn Steelers got Rainey

socalorado
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Every single weak position on the roster has been addressed, with quality picks in the EXACT value order that is most beneficial. It's too bad we had to draft QB so early, but we had too, and got the best value we could. If Weeden would have been on the board we would have picked him.

2. Brock Osweiler - A must pick to get ahead of the QB curve if Manning goes down. Weeden would have been the pick if he was still on the board.
3. Ronnie Hillman - Touchdown scoring, slippery, great hands...impact Sproles-type RB. We would not have gotten a better back if we picked RB at #57. We passed on Miller to get Hillman, that says something.
4. Omar Bolden - Good production immediate impact, could be 3rd best CB on the team. No more weak spot at CB. Josh Robinson was off the board at our 3rd round pick, so we didn't miss out by waiting until the 4th.
5. Phillip Blake - Instant upgrade over Walton that was much needed, and didn't have to spend a 1st round pick to do it. He is mature and ready to make an impact instantly.
6. Malik Jackson - Solid strongside, impact DE to back up Ayers. Perfect pick at the perfect spot.
7. Levi Adcock (projection) - Great pick for 6th round, could start at RT if Franklin doesn't work out, and Harris is injured. Protected Weeden's blindside.

How do you know this about Weeden?

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:05 PM
Crazy how much they're knocking the Cousins pick. I understand it's weird but I don't think there'll be the drama they suggest.

The Eagles and Patriots draft a mid-round QB every other year or so, but since Griffin is the guy, evaluators don't understand it. I like it...Cousins is a player-coach in my mind. I think that he will be a Kubiak-type player and people take it as a knock on him, but I wouldn't.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
Chris Rainey to the Steelers. Judging by their draft, I think we pissed them off. Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM

How long before a neg nancy counters with a negative list to this.

Gort
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM

...so everything is unicorns, puppies, and rainbows in Dove Valley now?

???

socalorado
04-28-2012, 01:08 PM
The Eagles and Patriots draft a mid-round QB every other year or so, but since Griffin is the guy, evaluators don't understand it. I like it...Cousins is a player-coach in my mind. I think that he will be a Kubiak-type player and people take it as a knock on him, but I wouldn't.

QB is the most important position not just in the NFL, but in all of team sports. That why teams invest in the QB. Mayock just said there is no bigger team need for depth purposes than at back-up QB.

razorwire77
Chris Rainey to the Steelers. Judging by their draft, I think we pissed them off. Ha!

No ****. Angry impressive drafting by the Steelers.

Rohirrim

I would have preferred Reuben Randle over Brock. Love the rest. Don't forget Andrew Datko. He's still on the board. He'd be a steal in the 7th.

baja
04-28-2012, 01:09 PM

I think Elway got the guy he wanted all along.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:09 PM

I wasn't around in the Kubiak days but I don't really know of an arrangement like that in recent memory. Was Kubiak someone that just recognized his place or had he tried the starter thing and failed? It seems there's some people that could really embrace the backup position and thrive but most want to change teams nonstop as they chase the starting position without considering if system changes will be to their detriment overall. It doesn't seem anyone embraces the backup position until they're over the hill and just holding on for a paycheck.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:10 PM
No ****. Angry impressive drafting by the Steelers.

they want to make sure they don't get beat by a football player ever again i guess.

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 01:11 PM
I would have preferred Reuben Randle over Brock. Love the rest. Don't forget Andrew Datko. He's still on the board. He'd be a steal in the 7th.

He's only got one arm.

Do. Not. Want.

peacepipe

he doesn't. if weeden was on the board at 57,he still would've been there at 58. the only way any team,like cleveland did,was going to take weeden was to be a day 1 starter.

That One Guy
I think Elway got the guy he wanted all along.

I think it completely depends on what they expect from Manning. If they truly believe there's no questions with Manning, Osweiler is the better long term pick. If we're talking Manning may not make it 2-3 years, Weeden might have been the better option.

Personally, I think Weeden's readiness might be the better asset at this point but I think Elway and company believe Manning can make it long enough for Osweiler to show if he'll make it or not.

DENVERDUI55
04-28-2012, 01:13 PM
no they had gotten away from that recently and now it's biting them badly.
Pouncey was the start of them smartening up. now they have DeCastro to add to that. they are going back to the old steeler way of building, they're gonna play smash mouth football and knock you off the field on both sides.

Other than mendenhall they have taken Dt OL or LB high in at least the first round and into the second round for a few years. Some of the guys just didn't work out but that is why you have to keep the flood of talent coming in.

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I wasn't around in the Kubiak days but I don't really know of an arrangement like that in recent memory. Was Kubiak someone that just recognized his place or had he tried the starter thing and failed? It seems there's some people that could really embrace the backup position and thrive but most want to change teams nonstop as they chase the starting position without considering if system changes will be to their detriment overall. It doesn't seem anyone embraces the backup position until they're over the hill and just holding on for a paycheck.

I wasn't either (only 25), but from everything that I've read and heard, Kubiak wanted to start, much like Cousins, but after a while he learned that he is a great player-coach and embraced the back-up role. Nobody wants to be the backup, but after a few years, you start to understand that you're not going to start b/c the next young guy will take his place.

KevinJames
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Chase Minnifield (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28923) would be a guy id love to grab if hes there.

I rem seeing him have a round 1 grade as a CB on Bill Parcells draft board lol

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:17 PM
He's only got one arm.

Do. Not. Want.

I thought he had a shoulder op and was healed up?

Dexter
04-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I can't believe that Billy Winn is still on the board... I really like him. I wouldn't mind if we took him... Chase Minnifield, George Iloka, Marvin Jones, Tommy Streeter are all still available too... I'd love any of these players...

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 01:18 PM
perfect time for burfict

sgbfan

Ty Detmer was in the league for around 10 years, and it wasn't because teams wanted him throwing passes. I see Kellen Moore with the same type of career. Both very productive, undersized, without the strongest arm, and are coaches sons and possibly future coaches.

That One Guy
Chase Minnifield (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/28923) would be a guy id love to grab if hes there.

I rem seeing him have a round 1 grade as a CB on Bill Parcells draft board lol

Any info on him or just a Parcells recommendation?

pricejj

Randle is the same player as DT and Decker, he would never see the field. Randle is a #2 WR, who is not as good as DT.

The only WR we need is a true #1...4.3 guy who can catch everything and run the slant. We have a full WR stable, and hopefully they can get the job done for Manning, if not, we can address that in the 2013 draft.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 01:19 PM
...so everything is unicorns, puppies, and rainbows in Dove Valley now?

???

When has it not been?

Gort
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I wasn't either (only 25), but from everything that I've read and heard, Kubiak wanted to start, much like Cousins, but after a while he learned that he is a great player-coach and embraced the back-up role. Nobody wants to be the backup, but after a few years, you start to understand that you're not going to start b/c the next young guy will take his place.

it's a great gig. 10 or 12, or maybe even a 15 year career. no wear and tear on your body. you're around the game you love. you get all the benefits of being an NFL player. you get an NFL paycheck. the only downside is not playing often, if ever. if you can get past that, it's not a bad job at all. and if you aspire to get into coaching, it's a great way to get on the job training.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Ty Detmer was in the league for around 10 years, and it wasn't because teams wanted him throwing passes. I see Kellen Moore with the same type of career. Both very productive, undersized, without the strongest arm, and are coaches sons and possibly future coaches.

I'd really like to see this idea developed. You're not gonna win a SB with a backup usually but there could be a player comfortable with the system that could help you avoid completely folding.

Gort
04-28-2012, 01:21 PM
When has it not been?

after reading pricejj's take, i'm afraid i might have diabetes now.

That One Guy
it's a great gig. 10 or 12, or maybe even a 15 year career. no wear and tear on your body. you're around the game you love. you get all the benefits of being an NFL player. you get an NFL paycheck. the only downside is not playing often, if ever. if you can get past that, it's not a bad job at all.

But rather than embrace it, guys would rather shoot for the stars and be just another journeyman washing out of the league after a few stops.

Requiem
Bengals are gonna draft two more studs.

pricejj
04-28-2012, 01:24 PM

It's speculation, but I know they we're high on Weeden, having personally attented his Pro Day, and had him in for a visit. Weeden is so damn good that he went early...it's too bad, because I really like that guy. I doubt Osweiler becomes an elite QB...but it's a possibility, which is all you can hope for. No one else in the draft has the physical tools to be anything more than a backup.

We're just gonna have to roll with it...you can't just go with Caleb Hanie as the backup on a Super Bowl contender with Manning's injury situation.

Necessary pick by Elway, at least the kid will have time to get it together...behind the best in the business.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Bengals take Marvin Jones, lol. Wow they are doing so good.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 01:26 PM
And George Iloka. Wow, the Bengals just owned this draft.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Other than mendenhall they have taken Dt OL or LB high in at least the first round and into the second round for a few years. Some of the guys just didn't work out but that is why you have to keep the flood of talent coming in.

that is true but i meant more along the lines of heavily investing in it. their OL has been a huge issue for many years and most of the guys they took before were stiff guys or ones with injury concerns. DL has just been bad luck on their part. LB has only been Timmons and Woodley in more recent memory.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 01:29 PM
I agree. The Bengals have killed it based on the rankings of the "talking heads".

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:30 PM
Randle is the same player as DT and Decker, he would never see the field. Randle is a #2 WR, who is not as good as DT.

The only WR we need is a true #1...4.3 guy who can catch everything and run the slant. We have a full WR stable, and hopefully they can get the job done for Manning, if not, we can address that in the 2013 draft.

I disagree.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I agree. The Bengals have killed it based on the rankings of the "talking heads".

They've got quality players in every round. They beat the piss out of our draft and did it with three scouts.

razorwire77
Mayock just did the Bengals rundown. Absolutely killing it on paper.

barryr
Cincy got the guy I liked in Jones. In fact, Cincy as been pointed out have really added some talent to a roster that made the playoffs last year.

pricejj
04-28-2012, 01:32 PM
after reading pricejj's take, i'm afraid i might have diabetes now.

They drafted according to positional strengths per round, value, need, and upgraded the roster with every single pick. The QB pick was necessary, any other QB pick late in the draft would have been wasted. Osweiler may not develop, but he has the best chance of ANYONE past Weeden. Every pick has been an absolute stud, impact player, who can start...and that's all you can ask for. Thank god no more wasted draft picks. The roster has been completely revamped in 15 months. The Wolfe pick was incredible, gutsy, not a reach at all at #36, and we got a starting Center by trading back. So freaking excited.

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
it's a great gig. 10 or 12, or maybe even a 15 year career. no wear and tear on your body. you're around the game you love. you get all the benefits of being an NFL player. you get an NFL paycheck. the only downside is not playing often, if ever. if you can get past that, it's not a bad job at all. and if you aspire to get into coaching, it's a great way to get on the job training.

Yeah, a few years back a buddy asked me would I rather be the 12th man on an NBA bench, a lifetime minor league/MLB utility player or a career back-up QB and I said career back-up for all of those reasons.

houghtam
04-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I have to say the draft I like the most is St. Louis. They've got to find out whether Bradford is going to be a star, so the did a good job of trying to surround him with talent while getting good value for their defenseive picks. Solid draft, IMO.

pricejj
04-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I disagree.

You think he's a #1? If he's not, then it would have been a wasted draft pick. He's not better than DT....Decker will probably be Manning's go-to guy this year, then we have Stokely in the slot. Tamme will get the ball a ton too.

I would have liked Randle, but having a QB option other than Hanie is pretty important.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I disagree.
i concur, Randle is Hakeem Nicks type in terms of having size, speed and athleticism. he went lower than his talent correlates and that's huge for the Giants.

he's gonna add to the weapons that Eli has and give them one of the best WR corps in the NFL. he's got #1 WR potential.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:36 PM

Quite literally.

That's gotta be like 10 picks for them by now.

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:37 PM
I hope that we take McNutt with our last pick.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:38 PM
that is true but i meant more along the lines of heavily investing in it. their OL has been a huge issue for many years and most of the guys they took before were stiff guys or ones with injury concerns. DL has just been bad luck on their part. LB has only been Timmons and Woodley in more recent memory.

Getting lucky on Harrison did wonders for the LB corps.

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Does Vontaze Burfict get drafted?

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM

No too much of an idiot

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Somebody better draft Eric Page, WR, Toledo.

I had the same feeling about Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan a few years ago and Pittsburgh snagged him at the end of the 6th round.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:42 PM

I think he's a creation of ignorant fans. There's been almost zero good things said recently from people that know what they're talking about (from what I've read, at least).

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:43 PM

I had the same feeling about Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan a few years ago and Pittsburgh snagged him at the end of the 6th round.

Give us the 411

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Whats the deal with Chris Polk? 2nd round grade available in the 6th

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:44 PM
You think he's a #1?

Definitely. I think he was capped on that LSU team by the way he was underused by Les Miles, not to mention the QB mess down there. My feeling is he will explode in the NFL and a bunch of teams are going to be asking their scouting departments, "WTF?"

Vegas_Bronco
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
John Beck released by Redskins...
...backups will be available all over FA after this draft.

Osweiler better produce....we gave up big 'win now' value for his azz.

Lestat
Getting lucky on Harrison did wonders for the LB corps.
yeah but it's been murder on their field position with all the flags.
you need players like that to bust out for you as a star player. that's why talent evaluators say you make your hay in round 4-7. you need high quality guys from these rounds and through UDFA to have a true championship team.

Rohirrim
I have to say the draft I like the most is St. Louis. They've got to find out whether Bradford is going to be a star, so the did a good job of trying to surround him with talent while getting good value for their defenseive picks. Solid draft, IMO.

I think Janoris is going to bite them in the ass.

BowlenBall
I can finally see our pick at the end of the queue on the NFLN ticker....

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM

Didn't you take him in the Mock Draft?

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Give us the 411

he's a highly productive WR from the Mac. played at Toledo, not a physical marvel but production,production,production,production.
one of those hard worker types that finds a way to stick around for years with the potential to be a really good #2 type.

houghtam
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
I think Janoris is going to bite them in the ass.

Possibly. I figured he would be gone by the end of the first, so for them to get him in the second I feel is a good value, if he can keep his nose clean.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Damn! Kheeston Randall is still out there. Come on, Broncos. Pick one for me. ;D

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:49 PM
he's a highly productive WR from the Mac. played at Toledo, not a physical marvel but production,production,production,production.
one of those hard worker types that finds a way to stick around for years with the potential to be a really good #2 type.

Sounds like a good one to take a flyer on in the 6th

pricejj
04-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Definitely. I think he was capped on that LSU team by the way he was underused by Les Miles, not to mention the QB mess down there. My feeling is we will explode in the NFL and a bunch of teams are going to be asking their scouting departments, "WTF?"

Yeah, I liked Randle too, after his Pro Day.

The Giants are the Super Bowl champs, with few holes, and a young elite QB. They can afford to go BPA and draft WR's even though they already have several good ones. The Broncos have not been able to do that...but now they will. In this offseason, the Broncos have 'caught up' to the Giants, Patriots, Packers, and Steelers, with great talent, and depth. Manning is not young, it sucks we had to draft QB...but it was necessary.

With this draft, the Broncos have finally recovered from the McDaniels hurricane, and it has only taken 15 months. I am impressed. It's going to be a fun year.

barryr
04-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I liked Randle too, after his Pro Day.

The Giants are the Super Bowl champs, with few holes, and a young elite QB. In this offseason, the Broncos have 'caught up' to the Giants, Patriots, Packers, and Steelers, with great talent, and depth. Manning is not young, it sucks we had to draft QB...but it was necessary.

With this draft, the Broncos have finally recovered from the McDaniels hurricane, and it has only taken 15 months. I am impressed. It's going to be a fun year.

Ah, no.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:52 PM
I agree it's going to be a fun year!!

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Looks like Tsiguy's boy Morris went early in the 6th to Shanny.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Ah, no.

Can't wait until these guys get a whiff of the post-draft team grades that get handed out.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:54 PM
When do they assemble their UDFA's? Immediately after the draft?

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 01:55 PM

They're probably already getting in touch or at least getting lists together. They can talk to players, just can't offer contracts until the draft is over.

razorwire77
Whats the deal with Chris Polk? 2nd round grade available in the 6th

I believe a lot of teams took him off their boards because of injury/potential for injury.

barryr
Can't wait until these guys get a whiff of the post-draft team grades that get handed out.

Yeah, the Broncos didn't have a horrid draft, but not as good as I was hoping either.

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Yeah...potential UDFA's start fielding calls in the middle of the 7th round. That's typically when they start to hope (at least I would) to not get drafted and can pick where they want to go.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 01:56 PM
They're probably already getting in touch or at least getting lists together. They can talk to players, just can't offer contracts until the draft is over.

Cool I hope they are doing their due diligence

barryr
04-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Yeah...potential UDFA's start fielding calls in the middle of the 7th round. That's typically when they start to hope (at least I would) to not get drafted and can pick where they want to go.

Yep, teams can start signing undrafted players as soon as the draft is over I believe.

Blackout
04-28-2012, 01:58 PM

We are talking about the Bengals here. They aren't allowed to be good two years in a row.

ward63
04-28-2012, 01:58 PM
18 picks to go

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
We are talking about the Bengals here. They aren't allowed to be good two years in a row.

Blackout, their draft is pretty great! Living in southwest Ohio, I will hear all about it until the season starts. Btw, welcome to the Mane and GREAT avi!

pricejj
04-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Ah, no.

Oh, yes it is. Take a gander at the Defensive front 7. SCARY

The rebuild is over. I challenge you to find the worst player on the 53 man roster...it's too difficult...there are no weak links.

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 02:01 PM
9 picks away.....which position? im thinking wide out

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm right there with ya b-r! I've looked up the Marvin McNutt kid from Iowa and I like him. Would be a good quality to take him, but I'd take Winn for sure!

oubronco

The rebuild is over. I challenge you to find the worst player on the 53 man roster...it's too difficult...there are no weak links.

Joe Mays

barryr

Yeah, the Broncos front seven is like the Giants. Yikes. Joe Mays is great? Irving hasn't shown anything yet. Neither has Moore. Beadles is hardly sound. Green and Thomas at TE have much to prove. Sorry, as much as I like the Wolfe pick, this is no Super Bowl roster.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM
9 picks away.....which position? im thinking wide out

WR is one of the positions I don't want them to touch. I'm with the earlier posters who said they need ST contributors. I don't figure we'll get any real studs at this point. I was hoping for a safety prospect at some point so I think I'd like to see that way.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 02:04 PM

WR and OLB still look a little weak to me.

Decker, Thomas, Hill, Stokley, Willis, Dell, Goodwin, etc....

We can definitely upgrade our WR depth.

And at OLB...we don't really have a guy that can fill in well for Miller if he gets injured, and we still need a LB to play in our nickel while DJ is suspended for 6 games, or even replace DJ altogether if we're tired of his off the field issues.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 02:05 PM

And at OLB...we don't really have a guy that can fill in well for Miller if he gets injured, and we still need a LB to play in our nickel while DJ is suspended for 6 games, or even replace DJ altogether if we're tired of his off the field issues.

They have Woodyard and Muhammed

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:06 PM

LOL

Build the best OL you can come up with using our players and it'll underwhelm me. The ONLY way I have confidence is if Harris is health and Franklin can go to G and Kuper is healthy.

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:07 PM
WR is one of the positions I don't want them to touch. I'm with the earlier posters who said they need ST contributors. I don't figure we'll get any real studs at this point. I was hoping for a safety prospect at some point so I think I'd like to see that way.

I mentioned special teams earlier but McNutt would be a solid WR to develop. I wouldn't mind another LB/S to use on special teams, but right now we can go all over the map. Just not another QB :giggle:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 02:08 PM
They have Woodyard and Muhammed

Does Mohamed even count? He's a PS guy, but he's definitely not filling in for Miller. We need a quasi DE/OLB type for that pass rush package to backup Miller.

As for Woody, I'm counting him as one of our two nickel LBs. DJ is usually the other, but he's gone for 6 games at least. We need another coverage LB, and I'm not sure Mohamed or Irving fit there.

houghtam
04-28-2012, 02:08 PM

Front seven? We're either starting a rookie or a guy coming off an injury at DT. We're depending on Irving and Mays? OLB looks very weak.

Interior Oline still a major question. WR still a question. The return game still a question. RB still a question, IMO.

Honestly I don't see a whole lot that the FO has done to shore up this team for this year.

C for players drafted, D for value, IMO.

pricejj
04-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the Broncos didn't have a horrid draft, but not as good as I was hoping either.

I could care less about Mayock's post draft grades. He doesn't know ****. Every single player we picked represents a MASSIVE increase over the player they will replace.

1. Wolfe >>>>> Vickerson/McBean/Thomas
2. Osweiler >>>> Hanie (who screwed the Bears out of a playoff birth)
3. Hillman >>>>> Moreno (any day of the mother****ing week)
4. Bolden >>>>> Tony Carter/Syd'Quan Thompson (gtfo)
5. Phillip Blake >>>>> J.D. Walton/Manny Ramirez (Blake will challenge to start)
5. Malik Jackson >>>>> Derrick Harvey/Jeremy Beal (maybe better than Ayers)
6. Adcock >>>>>> Chris Clark (could challenge to start eventually)

oubronco
04-28-2012, 02:09 PM
Does Mohamed even count? He's a PS guy, but he's definitely not filling in for Miller. We need a quasi DE/OLB type for that pass rush package to backup Miller.

As for Woody, I'm counting him as one of our two nickel LBs. DJ is usually the other, but he's gone for 6 games at least. We need another coverage LB, and I'm not sure Mohamed or Irving fit there.

Travis Lewis would work

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:10 PM
we definitely have not come into the same arena as the super bowl winners and contenders yet, but training camp, vet signings and maturation through the season will help us. we're a young young team in most areas.

That One Guy
I mentioned special teams earlier but McNutt would be a solid WR to develop. I wouldn't mind another LB/S to use on special teams, but right now we can go all over the map. Just not another QB :giggle:

We've just invested quite a bit and have some decent prospects at WR. I hate the idea of judging them at all based on last year's situation. Consider the TEs as well and I'm pretty comfortable with the situation. I think a big part of the difference between a Colston and your average 6th rounder is opportunity. Colston could've just as easily have been hidden in the depth chart and never developed. I think that's what anyone will do at this point.

Rohirrim
Trevor Guyton is till on the board. DE from Cal. He'd be a 4-3 UT. Kheeston Randle there too.

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:11 PM
KC is taking forever!

Blackout
Blackout, their draft is pretty great! Living in southwest Ohio, I will hear all about it until the season starts. Btw, welcome to the Mane and GREAT avi!

Yes good value picks in the 5th round, not talent.

And I'm a Steelers fan, but I signed up because I was curious on where are Manning's weapons this year. Getting a backup QB was a head scratcher, but seeing a thread about Jack and him as best friends makes alot of sense.

Best of luck this year.

BowlenBall
Eric Page for me, please.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:12 PM
I could care less about Mayock's post draft grades. He doesn't know ****. Every single player we picked represents a MASSIVE increase over the player they will replace.

5. Phillip Blake >>>>> J.D. Walton/Manny Ramirez (Blake will challenge to start)

You are REALLY liking the kool aid...

pricejj
Joe Mays

Mays is solid. They already drafted Irving, and Mohamed to address that issue. Their weren't any players in this draft, at the positions we picked that would have been an upgrade. Hightower would have been nice, but Wolfe is better....plus Hightower is too slow for a 4-3 MLB.

I could see us getting Manti Teo next draft.

Bmore Manning
I would maybe have preferred Billy Winn to Malik Jackson.. But I do like Jackson. I Hope the FO pursue some FA'S..

Lestat

you lost me there. Mayock is very good at scouting and evaluating talent. even when he feels a kid is a reach he explains that the team felt they could use them in the proper way to maximize the talent.

oubronco
Mays is solid. They already drafted Irving, and Mohamed to address that issue. Their weren't any players in this draft, at the positions we picked that would have been an upgrade. Hightower would have been nice, but Wolfe is better....plus Hightower is too slow for a 4-3 MLB.

Hilarious!

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
****. Chiefs got Cyrus Gray. That sucks.

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:13 PM
We've just invested quite a bit and have some decent prospects at WR. I hate the idea of judging them at all based on last year's situation. Consider the TEs as well and I'm pretty comfortable with the situation. I think a big part of the difference between a Colston and your average 6th rounder is opportunity. Colston could've just as easily have been hidden in the depth chart and never developed. I think that's what anyone will do at this point.

Yeah...another Colston would be great, but creating competition and depth at the WR is the best thing right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we keep 3 WR's on PS. Peyton is going to utilize them all.

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Biggest fallers in the draft so far:

CB Alfonzo Dennard
RB Chris Polk
DT Billy Winn
DE Cam Johnson
OT James Brown

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Mays is a run stopper. The fact that he knows that fans are upset with his play is very humble to me. I hate the "I don't listen to the media/fans" bs. Well, why not? We aren't all just clamoring for the back-up qb.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Biggest fallers in the draft so far:

CB Alfonzo Dennard
RB Chris Polk
DT Billy Winn
DE Cam Johnson
OT James Brown

LOL

Moral of the story? Smoke if you have to but DO NOT punch a cop.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Four picks to go...

Lestat

really good back if he lives up to his potential. can catch, can run inside and out, has break away ability and can return kicks and punts.

pricejj
I would maybe have preferred Billy Winn to Malik Jackson.. But I do like Jackson. I Hope the FO pursue some FA'S..

Billy Winn is not a 4-3 DE....we seriously needed a DE to backup Ayers. Jackson is freaking good, maybe better than Ayers

SoDak Bronco
04-28-2012, 02:17 PM
If we can find a jewel with this 6th rounder, we are due for some good football luck

That One Guy
Holy moly, anyone see Gruden's kid there? Impressive for like a 6 or 7 year old.

Lestat
please be Cam Johnson, please be Cam Johnson, please Elway for the love of God pick Cam Johnson!

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 02:18 PM

DJ won't get suspended.

ward63
please be Cam Johnson, please be Cam Johnson, please Elway for the love of God pick Cam Johnson!

Give me some info on the kid, please!

barryr

Then you do see weak players on this roster then. That's what I see.

pricejj
Hilarious!

So what would you do? Hightower isn't really fast enough for a 4-3 MLB. We need an Al Wilson type. One more year to see if Irving or Mohamed can start.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 02:19 PM
So, I think my three top preferences for this 6th rounder are:

WR/KR/PR Rishard Matthews
OLB Emmanuel Acho
CB Coryell Judie.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡

I hope he suffers a Ki-Jana Carter-type knee injury in his first preseason game. He's dead to me now.

That One Guy
DJ won't get suspended.

I don't think appealing the process has a good success record. I know this is a weird situation so hard to say for sure but they can't do anything that'll leave a backdoor in the system. This would have to be an absolutely isolated incident that they don't think would be opening a can of worms.

Big Jilm
04-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Dale Moss would be a good WR flyer in the 6th.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Tommy Streeter!!!

oubronco
So what would you do? Hightower isn't really fast enough for a 4-3 MLB. We need an Al Wilson type. One more year to see if Irving or Mohamed can start.

I would've signed McClain but i had to laugh at Mays being solid

pricejj
Then you do see weak players on this roster then. That's what I see.

Not any more...all those guys are gone now.

You won't be able to find any weak spots...I tried. Even our 3rd string FS Raphael Bush is solid and made plays last year.

That One Guy
I hope he suffers a Ki-Jana Carter-type knee injury in his first preseason game. He's dead to me now.

LOL

That's pretty jacked up.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM
Give me some info on the kid, please!
another versatile DL, can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.
injury issues but was considered a 2nd round talent.
6-4 268, 4.68 speed, played at Virginia and is seen as a very nice pass rusher.
I WANT MORE PASS RUSHERS!

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:21 PM

You won't be able to find any weak spots...I tried. Even our 3rd string FS Raphael Bush is solid and made plays last year.

Can you name a team who has had a draft where every single player materialized and realized all their potential? You seem to be VERY optimistic here.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Kellen Moore to the Broncos and the board explodes.

Bmore Manning
04-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Billy Winn is not a 4-3 DE....we seriously needed a DE to backup Ayers. Jackson is freaking good, maybe better than Ayers

Price, Jackson played UT at UT. If they wanted DE I would have gone Cam Johnson.. The draft is not all that...

pricejj
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM
I would've signed McClain but i had to laugh at Mays being solid

McClain is slow too, and would have had to re-learn the 4-3...and become the MLB. It would have been a bad transition, with not much upside. We need a 4-3 MLB...somebody who is fast, and a long term solution...

barryr
04-28-2012, 02:23 PM

So a team with no weaknesses as you claim then should go like 13-3, 14-2. So that is what you are going to predict for the Broncos?

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:24 PM
another versatile DL, can play 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB.
injury issues but was considered a 2nd round talent.
6-4 268, 4.68 speed, played at Virginia and is seen as a very nice pass rusher.
I WANT MORE PASS RUSHERS!

What did he injure? 4.68? I'm surprised the Raiders didn't take him haha. So are you saying that he's a cheap Von?

socalorado
Is Jean-Baptiste still available?

Rohirrim
I want Kheeston Randle, Audi Cole or Trevor Guyton.

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Brock is on espn

DBroncos4life
I don't think appealing the process has a good success record. I know this is a weird situation so hard to say for sure but they can't do anything that'll leave a backdoor in the system. This would have to be an absolutely isolated incident that they don't think would be opening a can of worms.

Once they fired the people that handled the drug test for messing up it gave DJ away out.

That One Guy
Brock is on espn

I like the pick. I hate seeing his interviews.

Lestat
What did he injure? 4.68? I'm surprised the Raiders didn't take him haha. So are you saying that he's a cheap Von?

he had a leg injury and a pectoral strain.

pricejj
So a team with no weaknesses as you claim then should go like 13-3, 14-2. So that is what you are going to predict for the Broncos?

Who knows? All I know is it has been a pretty damn impressive transition from 15 months ago when McDaniels was fired.

FYI: The Broncos were 10th in the NFL in sacks last year, Miller and Dumervil we're hurt...and we just added the nastiest UT sack-artist in the draft. :~ohyah!:

oubronco
Is Jean-Baptiste still available?

I believe so

sgbfan
04-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Stop saying "you know"!!!

That One Guy
Once they fired the people that handled for messing up it gave DJ away out.

I think that's the most crucial detail and the best piece of evidence that it'll succeed. I think if there's any wiggle space for them to avoid the appeal succeeding, though, they'll seize it. It's possible DJ wins but NFL will try anything to lose here in order to avoid a precedent. They're more worried about protecting the integrity of the process then simply erring on the side of caution and doing what's right.

Rohirrim
We're up!

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
does this mother****er know how to not say "umm, you know" at the start or end of a sentence. dammit Edward!

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Jets pick is in...we are on the clock.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
The Jets have Bush

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Brock is on espn

Love it. Sorry to all the haters but i called that pick months ago.
I am in the minority, but i like the Osweiller pick.

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 02:30 PM
that was quick

That One Guy
Love it. Sorry to all the haters but i called that pick months ago.
I am in the minority, but i like the Osweiller pick.

I hope he turns into a good QB.

The guy is a douche, though, and I don't use the term douche very often.

Lestat
LB Danny Trevathan

oubronco
Info on Travathen please

Hulamau
LB from Kentucky

Blackout
I hope he turns into a good QB.

The guy is a douche, though, and I don't use the term douche very often.

I got the doucheness vibe as well.

ward63
Got another LB for our depth and ST

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:31 PM
Info on Travathen please
Led the SEC in tackles last 2 years.

EastOrange
This guy is a tackle beast.

Bmore Manning
I mocked that!

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Got another LB for our depth and ST

As was pointed out, SLB is about as big a weakness as we have that hasn't been addressed. Can't hurt to see what he's got.

oubronco
Led the SEC in tackles last 2 years.

Hell Yea!!! :strong:

Bmore Manning
Bmore Manning Mock 1.0 6th round pick Danny Trevathan

Mat'hir Uth Gan
Backup WOLB. Lets see if DJ is on notice now, with Woodyard a potential long term starter.

Bmore Manning
04-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Perfect WLB

BroncoInferno
Sounds like a good pick a this point in the draft. Don't know much about him, but if he led the SEC in tackles two straight years, it's hard to complain about that.

That One Guy
Backup WOLB. Lets see if DJ is on notice now, with Woodyard a potential long term starter.

Oh, WLB? For some reason I was thinking SLB. Nevermind then.

WLB seems like a place where we had depth covered unless DJ really is on notice.

barryr
Trevathan is a smallish ype OLB LB with decent speed, but likely just a ST player.

ward63
<section> Sound familiar? Hint...same school and team

Overview

Trevathan is a fluid athlete who is undersized but crafty and uses his athletic ability to stay active. In the right NFL system that can keep offensive linemen off him, likely a 4-3 scheme, Trevathan can hit a lane hard and make plays in the backfield. He struggles to get free once blockers engage him, which will be a persistent problem. Due to his athletic ability and enormous production, he has fourth-round value and could be selected even earlier by a team looking to take a risk on an undersized guy capable of contributing immediately on special teams.
</section> <section> Analysis

<article> Strengths

Trevathan is a good lateral mover who makes plays sideline to sideline. He can run down almost any ball carrier. He relies on his speed to rush the passer and brings a physical, explosive drive-shoulder tackle when he reaches the quarterback. He can secure interceptions with relative ease and is active in the pass game even though he struggles when dropping. He is a classic undersized, athletic lateral mover at outside linebacker. </article> <article> Weaknesses

Trevathan is an undersized linebacker who can struggle to shed away from bigger offensive linemen. He should thrive in coverage given his size, but he struggles there as well and seems to get lost. He is better in tight areas and gets somewhat exposed when playing zone coverage. He also can be slow to diagnose plays at times; he needs to hit plays full speed to be effective. He can overrun plays even though he is effective in pursuit. </article> </section>

McDman
As was pointed out, SLB is about as big a weakness as we have that hasn't been addressed. Can't hurt to see what he's got.

SLB? You mean Von's position. How is that a huge weakness.

boppool
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM

Manti Teo will be a top ten pick next year, so I hope you're wrong...

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:34 PM
he's the Woodyard of WLB. tackling machine, not fast or extremely athletic but he's a great back up who can develop and will be a beast of special teams.

bowtown
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM

Pretty sure SLB is already all locked up.

McDman
04-28-2012, 02:35 PM
he's the Woodyard of WLB. tackling machine, not fast or extremely athletic but he's a great back up who can develop and will be a beast of special teams.

Woodyard is a WLB.

KevinJames
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Woodyard 2.0

I think its a good pick fills depth need

that completes our draft unless we get back in somehow.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:36 PM
SLB? You mean Von's position. How is that a huge weakness.

Well it turns out he's WLB so it doesn't matter but the D tanked bigtime when Von went out last year. Nothing behind him and I think Von's injury is really what slowed the positives that the team was showing for so long. Instead of keeping the momentum going through the end of the year, it became pretty messy.

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Ran a 4.84 40 and considered a good blitzer

socalorado

And that is Exactly the player in this round you want to draft. A STs contributor who may pan out as a baller.
Woodyard was undrafted. Guys a leader on and off the field.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

He's referring to a backup at OLB. If Miller gets hurt, we have nobody that can come in and allow us to play the same defense. We still need a DE/OLB type tweener to back up Miller. They are hard to find, and you have to take them early, but it should be a priority at some point since Miller's athleticism is kind of the focal point of our scheme.

That One Guy

Doh, I see. I didn't mention depth. It's Von and nothing else.

Yes, noone in the 6th is going to be replacing Von.

razorwire77
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Seems like a good special teams player. Highly productive in college at a major conference. He also looks like the type of WLB that you can drop into coverage and that will tackle well in space. Which is weird because his 40 time sucked.

He's also seems like the type of guy that will get mauled if he gets caught up in the wash, or if a decent NFL guard or tackle gets a hold of him.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Woodyard is a WLB.
that was supposed to say this years Woodyard of WLB. but i don't feel like editing it. :curtsey:

ward63
04-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Competition at back-up LB is going to be interesting with this pick. I'm really looking forward to UDFA's now!

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Seems like a good special teams player. Highly productive in college at a major conference. He also looks like the type of WLB that you can drop into coverage and that will tackle well in space. Which is weird because his 40 time sucked.

He's also seems like the type of guy that will get mauled if he gets caught up in the wash, or if a decent NFL guard or tackle gets a hold of him.

It often seems WLB is about one of the easiest positions to field. When has there ever been a shortage of smaller, quick LBs? Seems like a simple layup.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Good pick. Great tackler. Probably be a STs demon. Nice depth at WLB.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
It often seems WLB is about one of the easiest positions to field. When has there ever been a shortage of smaller, quick LBs? Seems like a simple layup.

it's not easy to fill, rarely do you get a dynamic player at WLB depending on scheme. you get solid size, speed, coverage abilities and blitz abilities as well.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 02:44 PM
Well, I'm very happy with Day 3. I feel we really hit all our major need areas except for improving the quality of our WR depth.

This entire draft was a success to me. Of course, the last draft I actually felt good about was the Moreno/Ayers draft. Whoops...

barryr
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
A LB I would like signed as an undrafted free agent is Houston's Sammy Brown. I think he could back up Miller at SLB. He could get drafted though, but is a tweener, not really a LB or big enough to play DE, but could be pass rushing SLB.

gyldenlove
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
You can never have too many LBs.

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 02:46 PM
A LB I would like signed as an undrafted free agent is Houston's Sammy Brown. I think he could back up Miller at SLB. He could get drafted though, but is a tweener, not really a LB or big enough to play DE, but could be pass rushing SLB.

I'll co-sign that -- took him in the OM Mock draft with one of my 7th-rounders.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Well, I'm very happy with Day 3. I feel we really hit all our major need areas except for improving the quality of our WR depth.

This entire draft was a success to me. Of course, the last draft I actually felt good about was the Moreno/Ayers draft. Whoops...

I hope we get jumping on the UDFA market. There will still be some good players out there.

Lestat
Marvin McNutt, HE GONE!

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
Here's the Eagles pick for the Bunkley trade.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-28-2012, 02:48 PM
One year of Bunkley for Marvin McNutt

razorwire77
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM

With nutrition and strength and conditioning as advanced as it is, it seems like major universities from major conferences breed a lot of these types of kids.

They come to school as a 210 pound 18-year-old and wind up out lifting and out growing the SS, FS, WR or RB positions they played in high school. As a result they don't have the top end speed to play those positions anymore, so they move to WLB or sometimes a safety/LB hybrid in a 3-3-5. They thrive in these positions in college, but don't have the size and skill to play those positions effectively in the NFL.

SoDak Bronco
04-28-2012, 02:50 PM
We will prob get a comp pick for bunk?

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:51 PM
One year of Bunkley for Marvin McNutt

Ehh... Probably worth it.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 02:52 PM

I think so.

That One Guy

I'm not positive on the equation but I know it involves the players you allowed to leave and the players you signed. I know compensation depends on what the player does once he leaves but it I'm not sure if it considers the players you brought in instead. You only get considered for compensation if you lose more players than you bring in through FA and I'm not sure how those numbers work out either.

socalorado
I am still hopeful that DEN will wheel and deal for DETs DT Sammie Lee Hill for a future pick.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:54 PM
I am still hopeful that DEN will wheel and deal for DETs DT Sammie Lee Hill for a future pick.

The one thing I don't think I want to see is Denver touching future picks. At very least, nothing above a 5. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading 5-7 for future picks every year so I consider them a throw away.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm not positive on the equation but I know it involves the players you allowed to leave and the players you signed. I know compensation depends on what the player does once he leaves but it I'm not sure if it considers the players you brought in instead. You only get considered for compensation if you lose more players than you bring in through FA and I'm not sure how those numbers work out either.

And Manning doesn't count towards the FA signed since he was cut by the Colts.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
And Manning doesn't count towards the FA signed since he was cut by the Colts.

But he was still an UFA. I'm too lazy to look it up so I'll take your word for it.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 02:57 PM
The one thing I don't think I want to see is Denver touching future picks. At very least, nothing above a 5. I wouldn't be opposed to them trading 5-7 for future picks every year so I consider them a throw away.

DET had him tendered at a 4th this year, but i would like to see a guy with huge upside but in need of good coaching come in and anchor the line.
I wouldnt mind a 2013 4th or 5th for him. DET is loaded on D-line.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 02:59 PM
But he was still an UFA. I'm too lazy to look it up so I'll take your word for it.

I read it somewhere. I will find it.

ward63
04-28-2012, 03:00 PM
There goes Streeter too. I hope Dell is a sleeper at the WR position for us. For the LB's, the new kickoff rules make them great for ST's and who knows, he may be a safety tweener with his size. Fox may have found his late-round version of Thomas Davis. Another smaller guy to play LB.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 03:01 PM

Lyndsey Jones posted this on Twitter in March.

Peyton Manning should not count to the Broncos compensatory picks math next year because he was released by the Colts.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 03:07 PM
There goes Streeter too. I hope Dell is a sleeper at the WR position for us. For the LB's, the new kickoff rules make them great for ST's and who knows, he may be a safety tweener with his size. Fox may have found his late-round version of Thomas Davis. Another smaller guy to play LB.

I really like Dell. I think he may surprise.

ward63
04-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Lyndsey Jones posted this on Twitter in March.

Peyton Manning should not count to the Broncos compensatory picks math next year because he was released by the Colts.

We added Tamme, Dreesen, Porter, Hanie (if he counts), Caldwell and Adams as our key FA's that weren't released. Lost Bunk, Larsen, Quinn, Royal and Rosario.

Hulamau
04-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Well it turns out he's WLB so it doesn't matter but the D tanked bigtime when Von went out last year. Nothing behind him and I think Von's injury is really what slowed the positives that the team was showing for so long. Instead of keeping the momentum going through the end of the year, it became pretty messy.

The let down at the end of the season was a combination of Von being slowed down considerably with only one hand AND the rest of the leagues defenses getting the memo finally on how to pressure Tebow and keep him in front of them as they tighten the noose and make him run around looking for a sand lot pass play to open up that he might wing a prayer too.

Once that started happening consistently it equaled more and more 3 and outs, particularly in the second through mid 4th quarters and thus totally gassing our defense which then gave up too many sustained drives and long 3rd down completions in the second half of those last 5 games.

Same thing was going down in the Steeler game too after we jumped on that comfortable lead and then they started coming back. Our D was fagged in our own stadium. Luckily time ran out and we got the lucky coin toss in OT and there was one last miracle 'rabbit' left to pull from the 2011 hat.

Alas, the excitement and thrill of that one pass and great run by DT helped bury the reality that the last 5 weeks showed the end of Tebowmania even if that was only really grokked and apparent at the time to the Bronco coaches and FO as well as other smart football people around the league.

Its not that Tebow couldn't have continued to improve here., Im sure he would have gotten a fair degree better, but it marked the end of the 'magic' part of the equation and a come down to earth.

From then on we were going to have to win them all the hard way with sound, straight-up, well-rounded QB play on all levels matched with solid defense and a stout running and passing game.

This is why Tebow is in NYC now and we lucked out with Manning here. Tebow is a great guy and an inspiring leader we all root for. But for a team to be successful long term with him would require MAJOR improvements in every aspect of his game ... particularly passing and reading defenses. Not to mention such a rebuilding of the team by bringing in supporting players all around him on offense and even defense to best conform to the limitations his style of play imposes on a team. .. that is the real structural problem keeping Tebow as the franchise 'guy' imposes on a team and the FO.

That is why he is an FO nightmare and possibly a coach killer at this level, inspite of his great character and hard work and many real assets as a player as well. Time will tell on the coach killer aspect?

Tebow is definitely an enigma and not just a black and white story. For all his undeniable assets in many areas, the liabilities his presence brings to the table on many levels are just as profound, if not more so.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:12 PM
We added Tamme, Dreesen, Porter, Hanie (if he counts), Caldwell and Adams as our key FA's that weren't released. Lost Bunk, Larsen, Quinn, Royal and Rosario.

Hmm.. Thomas as well, right?

Man, it's hard remembering how FA turned out. We heard so much about them trying to resign, getting close, etc and then something else happened.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Ryan Miller, the Buff, goes to Cleveland. Bummer for him.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:16 PM
The let down at the end of the season was a combination of Von being slowed down considerably with only one hand AND the rest of the leagues defenses getting the memo finally on how to pressure Tebow and keep him in front of them as they tighten the noose and make him run around looking for a sand lot pass play to open up that he might wing a prayer too.

Once that started happening consistently it equaled more and more 3 and outs, particularly in the second through mid 4th quarters and thus totally gassing our defense which then gave up too many sustained drives and long 3rd down completions in the second half of those last 5 games.

Same thing was going down in the Steeler game too after we jumped on that comfortable lead and then they started coming back. Our D was fagged in our own stadium. Luckily time ran out and we got the lucky coin toss and one last miracle finish that help bury the reality that the last 5 weeks showed the end of Tebowmania even if that was only really grokked at the time by the Bronco coaches and FO and other smart football people around the league.

Its not that Tebow couldnt have continued to improve here., Im sure he would have gotten a fair degree better, but it marked the end of the magic and from then on we were going to have to win them all the hard way with sound straight up well rounded QB play on all levels ,matched with solid defense and a good run and passing game.

This is why Tebow is in NYC now and we lucked out with Manning here. Tebow is a great guy and an inspiring leader we all root for. But for a team to be successful long term with him would require major improvements in every aspect of his game ,, particularly passing and reading defenses AND such a rebuilding of the team bringing in supporting players all around him on offense and even defense to best conform to the limitations his style of play imposes on a team.

That is why he is a FO nightmare and possibly a coach killer at this level, inspite of his great character and hard work and many real assets as a player as well .. time will tell.

Tebow is definitely an enigma and not just a black and white story. For all his assets in many areas, the liabilities his presence brings to the table on many levels are just as profound, if not more so.

I can't disagree. There were definitely a number of things that contributed to the end of the season. Even if it weren't the reason for the demise, I think it was, at the very least, highlighted as something to keep in mind in the future.

Ziggy
04-28-2012, 03:19 PM

Our 5th next year is gone already from the Bunkley trade.

Ziggy
04-28-2012, 03:21 PM
Here's the Eagles pick for the Bunkley trade.

I'm pretty sure that the 5th this year was for the Mays trade. I think we owe them a 5th next year for the Bunkley trade.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Our 5th next year is gone already from the Bunkley trade.

Oooh... you're right. I do recall it being a pick down the road. Good call.

ward63
04-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Hmm.. Thomas as well, right?

Man, it's hard remembering how FA turned out. We heard so much about them trying to resign, getting close, etc and then something else happened.

Still a FA

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:29 PM
Still a FA

Wow. I didn't realize that. I'd feel a lot better if they'd bring him back. I wonder if this tells us something.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Wow. I didn't realize that. I'd feel a lot better if they'd bring him back. I wonder if this tells us something.

he wants a multi year deal, the team offered him one, drafted two DL who can play his spot. he's either gonna sign and shut up or sign later with some other team for the same one year deal with a fresh start.

orange crusher
04-28-2012, 03:40 PM

Fells?

Lestat
04-28-2012, 03:41 PM
the all name team strikes again. if we had a 7th i was hoping we'd take him. but Tim Fugger to the Colts.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Did someone finally take the cop puncher?

Lestat
04-28-2012, 03:53 PM
not yet, he's likely UDFA now.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Too awesome. Possible 2nd to UDFA.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 03:56 PM
A lot of picks left to go, still hope there are a few UDFA/PFA we can get man.

Requiem
04-28-2012, 04:04 PM
The Patriots take Cop Puncher!

DarkHorse
04-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Ryan Miller, the Buff, goes to Cleveland. Bummer for him.

Bummer for anyone that Cleveland drafts. RIP to their young careers

Lestat
04-28-2012, 04:07 PM
he can't make their secondary any worse. so by proxy it has to improve with his addition.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 04:11 PM
Mayock was just on NFLN saying he didn't know why Dennard fell so far.

For a man that makes his name in the draft, it shouldn't be too hard.

razorwire77
04-28-2012, 04:13 PM
The Patriots take Cop Puncher!

Jesus, how much money did that kid cost himself. He had a solid 2nd/3rd round grade before the little punch a cop incident.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Mayock was just on NFLN saying he didn't know why Dennard fell so far.

For a man that makes his name in the draft, it shouldn't be too hard.

yeah but when Jenkins goes mid round 2 it's kinda hard to figure out why Dennard falls and he doesn't. Jenkins is a far superior player but you'd think some team would take him top 4 rounds. heck look at Bruce Irvin, he went #15 and he had more off the field issues than Dennard.

barryr
04-28-2012, 04:33 PM
yeah but when Jenkins goes mid round 2 it's kinda hard to figure out why Dennard falls and he doesn't. Jenkins is a far superior player but you'd think some team would take him top 4 rounds. heck look at Bruce Irvin, he went #15 and he had more off the field issues than Dennard.

Because Dennard ran slow times and coming off what was considered a disappointing season. And then he hits a police officer.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Because Dennard ran slow times and coming off what was considered a disappointing season. And then he hits a police officer.

yeah but he was never considered a burner or fast guy to begin with.
i know why he fell, but in terms of other players having bigger issues it's kinda crap that he fell and others didn't.
i would have taken both over him as well but you'd think a team would say **** it and take him earlier.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 05:00 PM

He won the big 10 award for best DB after missing 4 games. NUs pass D went from ranked 80th to top 20 when he got back. His year wasn't a disappointment.

barryr
04-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Packers just took QB Coleman.

barryr
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM
He won the big 10 award for best DB after missing 4 games. NUs pass D went from ranked 80th to top 20 when he got back. His year wasn't a disappointment.

Apparently it was, 7th round.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Apparently it was, 7th round.

Getting tossed his final game and then punching a cop is why. Not his play during the season. He held teams to less then 50% completion against him. Jesus dude.

barryr
04-28-2012, 05:08 PM
Getting tossed his final game and then punching a cop is why. Not his play during the season. He held teams to less then 50% completion against him. Jesus dude.

He was dropping before the hitting incident. That just made him drop even more. Dude.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 05:11 PM
He was dropping before the hitting incident. That just made him drop even more. Dude.

Hilarious! Shut the **** up. You have nothing to back up what the hell you claimed like always.

barryr
04-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Hilarious! Shut the **** up. You have nothing to back up what the hell you claimed like always.

That coming from you LOL If the Broncos drafted a used diaper, you'd tell us how good it smelled. Idiot.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 05:15 PM
i don't like Edwin Baker going to the Chuggers. highly talented guy.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
That coming from you LOL If the Broncos drafted a used diaper, you'd tell us how good it smelled. Idiot.

Lets see he got kicked out of the bowl game. Struggled in man coverage at the senior bowl because he is a press corner. Ran poor at the combine then hit a cop all after the season. That is why he dropped. You are a ****ing retarded to say it was because of his play.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Patriots got such a steal with Dennard. Spent a 7th on a guy who projects to being a very good #2 corner. And if he turns out to be a true head case, all they lose is a 7th rounder that would've been spent on some practice squad scrub anyway.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 05:25 PM
http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012adennard.php

Read the summary and shut the hell up.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Players I do not understand not getting drafted:

1) Chase Minnifield, CB
2) Chris Polk, RB
3) James Brown, OT

Compared to some of the absolute dog **** teams were reaching for, this just doesn't compute.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 05:32 PM
Minnifield and Polk have severe injury concerns. Minnifield microfracture surgery recovery and Polk has should issues and apparently something that's a degenerative condition.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 05:42 PM
Minnifield and Polk have severe injury concerns. Minnifield microfracture surgery recovery and Polk has should issues and apparently something that's a degenerative condition.

And they would still have much more upside than any of the usual crap you get in the 7th round. Even if injuries prevent them from ever making it, all you lose is a practice squad scrub if you pick them.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 05:46 PM
And they would still have much more upside than any of the usual crap you get in the 7th round. Even if injuries prevent them from ever making it, all you lose is a practice squad scrub if you pick them.

i didn't say it made sense, i just gave you info on potentially why.
there are many occasions where guys get drafted over more deserving players and those players show that it was a mistake on the teams part to pass on them.