PDA

View Full Version : In John(s) We Trust

EmpireOrange
04-28-2012, 09:09 AM
I think the Broncos threw everybody for a loop yesterday. Its tough to argue one way or the other. I know that the Broncos targeted Peter Konz of WI, and he was drafted one spot before they were about to take him at 57, so in that sense I guess we can say that Denver did miscalculate a bit yesterday and therefore came up short of thier target. I knew there was a debate going at DV yesterday on taking Konz at 36 to ensure getting him, but apparently those wanting Wolfe won the day.

Derrick Wolfe is a John Fox pick. Mel Kipper spoke highly of him before the draft and even projected him to the Broncos. With that still nobody saw that coming, even EO with the the his insider sources didn't see that coming. So kuddos to the helmet hair (frankly I think Elway threw him a bone for kissing his arse all these years). I trust John Fox in his evaluation especially on the DL, so Mr Wolfe...welcome.

Osweiler. Fellas, might as well get use to this. For as long as Mr. Elway mans the post as the savior and protector of Denver Bronco football, the Broncos are going draft a QB almost annually. I don't know much about Osweiler outside of what the great Jake Plummer spoken to, but he is intriging. I liken him to a Joe Flacco type but more athletic. The basketball player turned football star is a common theme in today's NFL, so why not at QB also? Keep in mind, the Broncos really, really, really like Adam Weber. So those thinking Osweiler is the heir apparent to Manning, better take another look. Point is, get used to it. QBs are to Elway like speed was to Al Davis. Broncos will draft QBs every year. With Mr. Elway as the protector of Denver Broncos football, Brock...welcome.

Ronnie Hillman. I don't know much about. But a year into thier tenure John and John have taken a 2-14 failing franchise making more headlines with this circus than with wins to a legit super bowl contender, I trust John. So Mr. Hillman...welcome!

That's all I got.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 09:18 AM
DEN isnt taking another QB next year dude.
Osweiller is their guy.

Denver Brockos
04-28-2012, 09:19 AM
In Brock We Trust!

bowtown
04-28-2012, 09:22 AM
Osweiler + Weber = Elway + Kubiak

spdirty
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
Osweiller is their guy.

Depends on whether or not Osweiller proves to Elway over the next year he is worthy of being the QBOTF after Manning retires.

CEH
04-28-2012, 09:24 AM
I think the Broncos threw everybody for a loop yesterday. Its tough to argue one way or the other. I know that the Broncos targeted Peter Konz of WI, and he was drafted one spot before they were about to take him at 57, so in that sense I guess we can say that Denver did miscalculate a bit yesterday and therefore came up short of thier target. I knew there was a debate going at DV yesterday on taking Konz at 36 to ensure getting him, but apparently those wanting Wolfe won the day.

Derrick Wolfe is a John Fox pick. Mel Kipper spoke highly of him before the draft and even projected him to the Broncos. With that still nobody saw that coming, even EO with the the his insider sources didn't see that coming. So kuddos to the helmet hair (frankly I think Elway threw him a bone for kissing his arse all these years). I trust John Fox in his evaluation especially on the DL, so Mr Wolfe...welcome.

Osweiler. Fellas, might as well get use to this. For as long as Mr. Elway mans the post as the savior and protector of Denver Bronco football, the Broncos are going draft a QB almost annually. I don't know much about Osweiler outside of what the great Jake Plummer spoken to, but he is intriging. I liken him to a Joe Flacco type but more athletic. The basketball player turned football star is a common theme in today's NFL, so why not at QB also? Keep in mind, the Broncos really, really, really like Adam Weber. So those thinking Osweiler is the heir apparent to Manning, better take another look. Point is, get used to it. QBs are to Elway like speed was to Al Davis. Broncos will draft QBs every year. With Mr. Elway as the protector of Denver Broncos football, Brock...welcome.

Ronnie Hillman. I don't know much about. But a year into thier tenure John and John have taken a 2-14 failing franchise making more headlines with this circus than with wins to a legit super bowl contender, I trust John. So Mr. Hillman...welcome!

That's all I got.

Still is no explanation for moving down 6 spots for a late 4th.

EmpireOrange
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
Still is no explanation for moving down 6 spots for a late 4th.

Why not? The Broncos target was Peter Konz. He went @56. They probably could have picked up Wolfe at 57 and if they had any partners to trade with they probably would have traded down further. Like it or not, Denver is ready to play with who they have on thier roster right now. They will probably pick up a FA free saftey after the draft, but the coaches and Elway believe they have the team to compete right now. I think Denver got too cute with the draft, but if we vie for a SB next year I don't care. Plus, this draft is not even close to last year's draft with respect to talent. Not a whole lot of guys that could come in and start for Denver even at DL. If Fox, and Del Rio, like Wolfe I trust that Wolfe's our guy. Both Del Rio and Fox had pretty consistent DLs at thier last respective coaching spots. So Wolfe is it. We failed at getting Kronz though. I think Beadles is on notice and look for Denver to go OL this day.

EmpireOrange
04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
In Brock We Trust!

hehehehe I hope you're right.

EmpireOrange
04-28-2012, 09:41 AM
Osweiller is their guy.

Yes they will.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Depends on whether or not Osweiller proves to Elway over the next year he is worthy of being the QBOTF after Manning retires.

No dude. This is their guy and they aint taking anyone at QB for at least the next 2 years. They just invested a 2nd round pick on him, and dumped teblow. Their done at QB for a while.

Gort
04-28-2012, 09:43 AM
Why not? The Broncos target was Peter Konz. He went @56. They probably could have picked up Wolfe at 57 and if they had any partners to trade with they probably would have traded down further. Like it or not, Denver is ready to play with who they have on thier roster right now. They will probably pick up a FA free saftey after the draft, but the coaches and Elway believe they have the team to compete right now. I think Denver got too cute with the draft, but if we vie for a SB next year I don't care. Plus, this draft is not even close to last year's draft with respect to talent. Not a whole lot of guys that could come in and start for Denver even at DL. If Fox, and Del Rio, like Wolfe I trust that Wolfe's our guy. Both Del Rio and Fox had pretty consistent DLs at thier last respective coaching spots. So Wolfe is it. We failed at getting Kronz though. I think Beadles is on notice and look for Denver to go OL this day.

could they spend both 4th round picks on OL? i suppose i could see that. but it's hard to say that two 4th rounders are going to be better than what we have, in a mediocre draft year. my guess is they spend one on an OL and one on a LB and hope they find gems in the rough. i just don't know how much value those 4th rounders will be right now, although i suppose it might help with the depth chart.

CEH
04-28-2012, 09:47 AM

Not following. Not sure how you can try to manipulate the draft from pick #25, take less value and hope to get your target at #56.

Having a target at #56 is not failing. No way you go into any draft saying we need to get so and so at #57 and let him go right before your pick. If he was the target they had a 6th they could use to get Konx at #56 or If Denver got the correct value for #25 to #31 they have more late round picks in order to ensure they get Konz.

Right now this draft is about Osweiler and whether he is the future.

I guess Pitts and Balt are lucky each year. They never reach, when they do trade up they select All Pros, they let the draft come to them

rbackfactory80
04-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Just a guess but you weren't a math major?

Bmore Manning
04-28-2012, 09:59 AM
This FO must feel like this team is ready to win a SB, SB roster...

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 10:01 AM
They were targeting Decastro not Konz. When Pitt took him they quietly moved down and they were pissed when the bucs took martin because elway liked him according to 104.3

Gort
04-28-2012, 10:04 AM
This FO must feel like this team is ready to win a SB, SB roster...

we're not of course. we won some games last year we shouldn't have and lost some we should have won, but 8-8 was pretty much our ceiling. new coaches. changed QBs. changed systems. even with a weak schedule and crappy AFC West competition, we barely made the playoffs and we weren't a threat to do anything in the playoffs. the Squeelers win was unexpected and great, but recall that EVERYBODY expected us to be blown out by Pissburgh.

if our FO thinks we are, then we have problems in our FO. maybe it's inexperience. i hope so. i'd hate to think we have a bad case of overvaluing our own guys just because they're our guys. that's a recipe for disaster.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
No dude. This is their guy and they aint taking anyone at QB for at least the next 2 years. They just invested a 2nd round pick on him, and dumped teblow. Their done at QB for a while.

And they have Weber, that's two young QB's for them to work with

oubronco
04-28-2012, 10:07 AM
They were targeting Decastro not Konz. When Pitt took him they quietly moved down and they were pissed when the bucs took martin because elway liked him according to 104.3

Then they should've took him at 31

CEH
04-28-2012, 10:08 AM

Doesn't make sense. Denver trade with TB who took Martin. If Elway wanted Martin don't trade with TB

broncos-rock
04-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Doesn't make sense. Denver trade with TB who took Martin. If Elway wanted Martin don't trade with TB
Elway liked him but it wasn't a consensus so they felt he maybe there in the 2nd

CEH
04-28-2012, 10:50 AM
Elway liked him but it wasn't a consensus so they felt he maybe there in the 2nd

"Maybe" there are alot of players at their draft position. I'm just saying you can trade out of the pick and get disappointed when the player you want is gone. You'd go stir crazy if you did that

barryr
04-28-2012, 10:54 AM
If those reports are true, then the Broncos got too cute and outsmarted themselves and that is why they are having an average draft IMO.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 10:56 AM

Hilarious!

DenverBroncosJM
04-28-2012, 12:11 PM
In McElway we trust

mhgaffney
04-28-2012, 12:17 PM
If humor could kill we'd all be dead fish.

ol#7
04-28-2012, 12:49 PM
John Elway's day as viewed by the OM.

0730: Knock over little girls lemon aid stand.
OM Response: Brilliant move, you are supposed to have a business license to operate those, little tax cheat, woohoo!

0745: Team up with Dan Issel to make fun of latinos over breakfast.
OM Response: John really understands how to reach out to the community. This is a guy that gets it! Woohooo! Teblowers suck!

0800: Come into Dove Valley dressed like Hitler to give Pat Bowlen a laugh, backfires when Bowlen mistakes him for real Hitler.
OM Response: You have to really give JE credit for looking at the positives in all powerful leaders even if they made a mistake or two. Woohoo! Teblow sux

0900-1830 Cocktails with PB, mostly hazy. Give interview and get players on our team wrong. Then accuse another team of taking the player we wanted with the pick we just traded them.
OM Response: I love the value we got in these moves. You dont understand there was a bubble and they got the guy they were targeting all along. Denvers board was probably the same as alot of other GM's, those guys would have been gone.

2200 stumble home after urinating on the broken remains of the lemon aid stand
OM Response: Thats what you get when you **** with JE. Teblo sucks!! Woohoo Osweiler + Weber = Elway + Kubiak.

2300: Tweets how hard they are working to bring a SB trophy back to Denver before passing out on the chest of hot former cheerleader wife
OM Response: Ohhhhhhh face.