PDA

View Full Version : Good News Everyone! We Pick 6th Tomorrow!

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
http://www.labspaces.net/pictures/blog/4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg

We have a young penetrating DT in Derek Wolfe.

Let's just pretend Brock never happened because it's clearly against the win now bull**** that the FO spouted. Who cares, we can't change it. Just focus on what's in front of us.

Now we obtain a massive run stuffing mother ****er who can take on consistent double teams and hopefully solidity our interior for a while in the still undrafted Alameda Ta'amu.

Do you want Alamada with the 6th pick in the 4th round? If not, who?

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
sure, why not. but with this front office it will probably be a TE from Hofstra.

Lycan
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
I would love that pick. Great big run-stuffer. Why has he not been taken yet?

Wait, I don't like him in the 4th at all. Maybe the 6th.

You hear that EFX?

Requiem
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Alameda Ta'amu, Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, Chris Givens, Orson Charles, Zebrie Sanders, James Brown, Ben Jones, Nigel Bradham, Alfonzo Puncha Cop, Chase Minnifield, Brandon Boykin, Josh Normn, Learonoard JOhnson, GEorgia IOlaka

orange crusher
04-27-2012, 08:16 PM
I wanted Brandon Thompson, but that went down the drain at the end of the third.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I wanted Brandon Thompson, but that went down the drain at the end of the third.

this... I was holding my breathe on those last few picks

socalorado
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
Alameda Ta'amu, Chris Polk, Lamar Miller, Chris Givens, Orson Charles, Zebrie Sanders, James Brown, Ben Jones, Nigel Bradham, Alfonzo Puncha Cop, Chase Minnifield, Brandon Boykin, Josh Normn, Learonoard JOhnson, GEorgia IOlaka

Alameda Ta'amu or Robert Turbin. Still could use another RB.
I would look hard at Minnifield and Norman. Goerge Ioloka is intruging too.
Did Trumaine Johnson get drafted? Did Turbin get drafted? I just went to dinner.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Hey let's draft a fullback!!!

socalorado
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Hey let's draft a fullback!!!

DEN just traded away their FB to NYJ so yeah i guess DEN could use one.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
I would be pumped with this

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Robert Turbin might be the way to go.. the Broncos need to have a backup for McGahee. I see the kid they drafted today as more as a 3rd down back, kick returner.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Robert Turbin might be the way to go.. the Broncos need to have a backup for McGahee. I see the kid they drafted today as more as a 3rd down back, kick returner.

That's just too good a pick in the 4th round. I'll believe it when I see it.

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 08:25 PM

I don't think the Broncos are going to use a fullback all that much in a Manning offense. I could be wrong...

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't think the Broncos are going to use a fullback all that much in a Manning offense. I could be wrong...

They're not. This is going to be a tight-end heavy offense.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
They're not. This is going to be a tight-end heavy offense.

We aren't going to use Osweiler either. So hey, let's draft a fullback! :P

barryr
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Here is a list of whom I think the Broncos should be considering tomorrow with their picks:

RB - Turbin, Polk
WR - M. Jones, Wylie, Matthews, Adams, Givens, K. Martin, Streeter
TE - Orson, Green Hanna
OL - Massie(t), Sanders(t), Blake(c/g), B.Jones(c/g), Kelemete(g)
DL - Ta'Amu(dt), Chapman(dt), Randall(dt), Howard(dt), C. Johnson(de), Alexander(de)
LB - Bradham, M. Johnson, Manning, Franklin, Trevathan
CB - Boykin, Bolden, Norman, A. Jackson
S - Iloka, Allen, Ihenacho

mkporter
04-27-2012, 08:31 PM
We aren't going to use Osweiler either. So hey, let's draft a fullback! :P

Of course you aren't going to use him. The Jets didn't draft him.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Here is a list of whom I think the Broncos should be considering tomorrow with their picks:

RB - Turbin, Polk
TE - Orson, Green Hanna
DL - Ta'Amu(dt), Chapman(dt), Randall(dt), Howard(dt), C. Johnson(de), Alexander(de)

Both Turbin and Polk look like very good value in the 4th. Therefore it won't happen.

ayjackson
04-27-2012, 08:38 PM

RB - Turbin, Polk
TE - Orson, Green Hanna

I guess we can just go ahead and cross those guys off the list then?

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Not sure why so many people think we're going to draft another RB.

We have 3 on the roster not counting Hillman or Mario Fannin (who they were very high on in TC) returning from injury.

If we do anything it needs to be a young fat **** to take double teams or a CB/S that can play in pass heavy packages and vs TE's like a George Iloka.

ayjackson
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm probably going to be in the minority, but I like the Osweiler pick, am undecided about the Wolfe pick (but he'll probably be useful in rotation for a few years), and confused by the trade to get Hillman.

Having said that, the slide of the DT's - Worthy, Still, Reyes and Thompson - tells me that the pro evaluators didn't think as much of these guys as the amateur evaluators. It is the type of draft after the first 20 picks or so, that everybody's board probably looks vastly different. Likely because the talent isn't that compelling.

I'll likely again be in the minority by not whining and bitching endlessly on here about the picks and the management and I'll just get behind the players and hope they do their best.

At least we didn't draft Tavon Wilson in the second.

See you next year, 'Maners.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 08:45 PM

We have 3 on the roster not counting Hillman or Mario Fannin (who they were very high on in TC) returning from injury.

If we do anything it needs to be a young fat **** to take double teams or a CB/S that can play in pass heavy packages and vs TE's like a George Iloka.

WR could be a possibility.

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 08:47 PM
we need secondary help, and probably another OLB as Williams could be out the first six games of the season.

Would like to see us take a CB, S and OLB with our 4th and 5th rounders.

I think we'll take a LS, P and K instead tho

Rother8
04-27-2012, 08:47 PM
I think we GOT to grab Ta'amu. Trade up for him, f it. I want him and chapman

barryr
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
WR Marvin Jones is a guy I really like.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Man, if they could get Ta'amu and Turbin it would make the draft.

yerner
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
whoever elway's son thinks is best.

BowlenBall
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Players I'd be OK with for our two round 4 picks:

RB: Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, Robert Turbin
WR: Juron Criner, Joe Adams, Nick Toon, Marvin Jones
OL: Bobby Massie, Zebrie Sanders
DT: Alameda Ta'amu, Josh Chapman, Billy Winn
DE: Jared Crick
LB: Miles Burris
CB: Brandon Boykin, Chase Minnifield, Ryan Steed

Gort
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Good News Everyone! We Pick 6th Tomrrow!

awesome.

who's the best long snapper still on the board?

Doggcow
04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I would love Polk in the 4th

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Our WR depth will be fine for this year and a guy like Manning distributing the ball.

We need to shore up the D.

A DT rotation of

Wolfe/Ta'amu

and Warren, Vickerson and Bannan looks pretty solid.

Remember, we were without our two starting DT's going into last year.

Ben Garland might shock us all too.

After that it's all about CB.

Woodyard can cover for DJ.

Broncos_OTM
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Players I'd be OK with for our two round 4 picks:

RB: Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, Robert Turbin
WR: Juron Criner, Joe Adams, Nick Toon, Marvin Jones
OL: Bobby Massie, Zebrie Sanders
DT: Alameda Ta'amu, Josh Chapman, Billy Winn
DE: Jared Crick
LB: Miles Burris
CB: Brandon Boykin, Chase Minnifield, Ryan Steed

just my opinion but I think we need boy kin adds depth at CB and is a very good returner. having lost royal. if boy kin can return kicks well enough I'd be happy. it also help prevent teams from "spreading us out".

I like criner and Jones as wideouts both could be steals. criner is a potential top wide out if he could stay healthy great route runner.

I would also like to see us add Alameda, as a body. I just don't see it in him. Micheal Brewster could also be a possibility

KipCorrington25
04-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Do Elway's daughters have any BFF's that are in the draft we can pick?

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Boykin and Ta'amu would be cool.

Broncoman13
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

That would be the **** there! As would Ta'Amu and Polk/Turbin

razorwire77
04-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I really hope it's Ta'amu. I also agree that Boykin would be a really solid pick too.

Mayock is saying that a lot of teams are taking Polk off of their boards because of medical reasons.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM

Hillman isn't a running back who can help carry the load and pick up the slack when McGahee inevitably wears down later in the season, and the rest of our backs are a joke. When you consider that Polk and Turbin both are very good value at this point in the draft, it makes sense. Especially if the offense is going to be a hybrid of Manning ball and Fox ball where they actually run fairly often.

Lestat
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
i wanna see another DT, a WR, a OL and a RB or CB.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
I really hope it's Ta'amu. I also agree that Boykin would be a really solid pick too.

Mayock is saying that a lot of teams are taking Polk off of their boards because of medical reasons.

I guess that would explain his drop to this late in the draft.

lonestar
04-27-2012, 10:48 PM
sure, why not. but with this front office it will probably be a TE from Hofstra.

I had a yellow bean bag flag (like an officals) made years ago to throw at mikey on TV when he DAFTED players or when he would send in stupid calls. That inevetiably failed to pick up first downs..

Have not used it that past couple of years but had to break it our of storage after our "who the **** is that" DAFTEES were announced..

While I do not follow college ball all that much I do know that when the annoucers have a pregnant pause after Goodell/TD annouces our picks that someone is scrambling to find the stats and video of our newest bronco..

I do however follow them after the combine and frankly have never heard about a couple of them..

Will have it at the ready for tomorrow..

hope it does not damage my new 55" bravia..

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Players I would be happy with in the 4th (and therefore probably won't happen):

Robert Turbin, RB
Billy Winn, DT
Zebrie Sanders, OT
Alfonzo Dennard, CB

Chris
04-27-2012, 11:08 PM
i wanna see another DT, a WR, a OL and a RB or CB.

Add S, LB and TE to that list and I think you're on to something.

Heyneck
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Man, if they could get Ta'amu and Turbin it would make the draft.

I am worried about Turbin going to the Chargers!!! I hope we get him somehow tomorrow on the first 15 picks.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Clearly the front office loves our O-line, even if we fans don't. We'll take an interior depth guy at some point, but that's probably the 5th or 6th round. So, the O-line guys are out for now.

We're already 4 deep at DT with Warren, Bannan, Vickerson, and Wolfe. Ayers can move inside on passing downs. And Ben Garland is still in the mix. So, DT is out for me, even NTs.

I'm going to assume that QB and RB are now out. I also think we're fine at DE and TE.

So, that leaves WLB, WR, and our secondary as possibilities.......

I'm guessing Coryell Judie or Ron Brooks with one of them. And, Nigel Bradham with the other.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 11:45 PM
Clearly the front office loves our O-line, even if we fans don't. We'll take an interior depth guy at some point, but that's probably the 5th or 6th round. So, the O-line guys are out for now.

We're already 4 deep at DT with Warren, Bannan, Vickerson, and Wolfe. Ayers can move inside on passing downs. And Ben Garland is still in the mix. So, DT is out for me, even NTs.

I'm going to assume that QB and RB are now out. I also think we're fine at DE and TE.

I'm guessing Coryell Judie or Ron Brooks with one of them. And, Nigel Bradham with the other.

I'm not really following your logic there. Especially on OL. Because they haven't taken an OL yet they aren't going to? That doesn't make sense.

Lestat
04-27-2012, 11:49 PM

I'm guessing Coryell Judie or Ron Brooks with one of them. And, Nigel Bradham with the other.'

naw, naw, naw, DT has been ignored in the draft long enough by this team. we need another DT. i will not be satisfied until we have two top tier DT draftees. we have one in Wolfe, we need one more. preferably a NT type.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-27-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm not really following your logic there. Especially on OL. Because they haven't taken an OL yet they aren't going to? That doesn't make sense.

They were already working on a trade back when David DeCastro and Riley Reiff were possibily going to fall to their 25th pick. That tells me they have no interest in picking up an impact OG or a RT. Maybe they take a look at one of the OCs in the 4th, but the vibe I'm getting is that EFX like the composition of their O-line except perhaps for some OG/OC depth. I don't feel like the 4th is the time to get that depth. I think we still need a WLB to potentially replace DJ or at least backup Woodyard while DJ is suspended, and I think we still need some outside CB depth.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-27-2012, 11:56 PM
'

naw, naw, naw, DT has been ignored in the draft long enough by this team. we need another DT. i will not be satisfied until we have two top tier DT draftees. we have one in Wolfe, we need one more. preferably a NT type.

I'm a big DT guy, so I would LOVE to draft more DTs. I don't think we carry 5 DTs, but we could always cut Warren I suppose if we grab another NT.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm a big DT guy, so I would LOVE to draft more DTs. I don't think we carry 5 DTs, but we could always cut Warren I suppose if we grab another NT.

we better carry 5, the current 4 scare the **** out of me. one injury and we're ****ed. if we get one more then we have some nice depth and can handle a injury or two.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
They were already working on a trade back when David DeCastro and Riley Reiff were possibily going to fall to their 25th pick. That tells me they have no interest in picking up an impact OG or a RT. Maybe they take a look at one of the OCs in the 4th, but the vibe I'm getting is that EFX like the composition of their O-line except perhaps for some OG/OC depth. I don't feel like the 4th is the time to get that depth. I think we still need a WLB to potentially replace DJ or at least backup Woodyard while DJ is suspended, and I think we still need some outside CB depth.

I literally have no idea how anyone could be satisfied with our o-line in its present condition. Beadles is the worst starting player on the team and Walton isn't too far behind. I really hope you are wrong, but based on the things I see EFX doing I'm sure you are right.

Dexter
04-28-2012, 01:02 AM

THIS THIS THIS.

Especially Boykin. The dude is a baller on STs as a returner, and a corner with lots of potential.

cutthemdown
04-28-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm thinking Boykin or Minnifield. Whichever one is there. Broncos wanted some Dline, Rb, and CB also. They talked about Kirpatrick etc etc.

peacepipe
04-28-2012, 04:13 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1159453-2012-nfl-mock-draft-updated-predictions-for-rounds-4-7#/articles/1159453-2012-nfl-mock-draft-updated-predictions-for-rounds-4-7/page/2

unfortunately,this mock has ta'amu going to indy with the 2nd pick,but it has us taking WR tommy streeter with the 1st pick & robert turbin with the 2nd.

Dukes
04-28-2012, 05:45 AM
I'll be shocked if they take another DT. EFX has mentioned multiple times that they like thier DT rotation more than most outsiders. I think they go after depth for OL, RB and Secondary.

Hulamau
04-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Manning offense rarely uses a FB....

Hulamau
04-28-2012, 05:56 AM
THIS THIS THIS.

Especially Boykin. The dude is a baller on STs as a returner, and a corner with lots of potential.

Boykin is gone before pick 101 .. we would need to move up to get him. Maybe a good idea...

I think his senior bowl injury was a clean break on the lower leg so he should be alright if there is no other damage?

Hulamau
04-28-2012, 05:57 AM
BTW. Miller has dropped like a stone due to offseason shoulder surgery... people are leery of drafting the wounded duck syndrome.

i4jelway7
04-28-2012, 06:15 AM
Boykin is gone before pick 101 .. we would need to move up to get him. Maybe a good idea...

I think his senior bowl injury was a clean break on the lower leg so he should be alright if there is no other damage?

agree.. hope we can get him

Dukes
04-28-2012, 06:18 AM
BTW. Miller has dropped like a stone due to offseason shoulder surgery... people are leery of drafting the wounded duck syndrome.

Not that I've paid that close attention to Miller but this is the first I've heard of him even having offseason shoulder surgery

BroncoInferno
04-28-2012, 06:24 AM
Miami WR Tommy Streeter is an intriguing 4th round possibility to me. 6'5" and runs a sub 4.4. 40...he could become a matchup nightmare.

HooptyHoops
04-28-2012, 07:40 AM

RB - Turbin, Polk
TE - Orson, Green Hanna

Perfect for our 4th round picks!

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Ta'amu or Boykin and I'm happy.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 07:52 AM
Manning offense rarely uses a FB....

No **** sherlock. Note the poster it was aimed at.

Bmore Manning
04-28-2012, 07:56 AM
My expectations are very low..

TonyR
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM
The fact that they made a run at Asante Samuel means they know they need more at CB so you'd have to expect one of the next couple of picks to go that direction.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 07:57 AM
I wouldn't be to upset if they took Ronnel lewis or Alameda Taamu with there first pick today

oubronco
04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
The fact that they made a run at Asante Samuel means they know they need more at CB so you'd have to expect one of the next couple of picks to go that direction.

I was really hoping that Jamell Fleming would be a Bronco but oh well

Gort
04-28-2012, 07:58 AM
My expectations are very low..

welcome to the 2-day crash course in Broncos Drafting Philosophy.

it's called "WTF? 101" on the curriculum you were given. the professor teaching it may change, but the outcome is always the same.

oubronco
04-28-2012, 08:01 AM
LOL Nice avy

Bmore Manning
04-28-2012, 08:08 AM
welcome to the 2-day crash course in Broncos Drafting Philosophy.

it's called "WTF? 101" on the curriculum you were given. the professor teaching it may change, but the outcome is always the same.

Lol!

spdirty
04-28-2012, 08:09 AM
I'd love to have him, but we aren't taking Ta'Amu. He's a 3-4 NT. We are going corner with this pick. Alohonso Denard, Trevin Wade, Chase Minnifield, or Brandon Boykin. It wouldn't be a Bronco draft without taking a midget corner.

ward63
04-28-2012, 08:10 AM

RB - Turbin, Polk
TE - Orson, Green Hanna

Are you guys talking about Chris Givens from Miami University? Great guy...I haven't talked to him really since I graduated.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 08:15 AM
I'd love to have him, but we aren't taking Ta'Amu. He's a 3-4 NT. We are going corner with this pick. Alohonso Denard, Trevin Wade, Chase Minnifield, or Brandon Boykin. It wouldn't be a Bronco draft without taking a midget corner.
Ta'amu can play either in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Lord, DEN needs a run stuffer.
All those CBs blow dog dick except for Minnifield and Boykin.

spdirty
04-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Ta'amu can play either in a 3-4 or a 4-3. Lord, DEN needs a run stuffer.
All those CBs blow dog dick except for Minnifield and Boykin.

I'd love to have him, just don't see it happening. Love the big fat mother****ers that clog running lanes. It makes too much sense. So we're going corner with this pick.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 08:20 AM
I'd love to have him, just don't see it happening. Love the big fat mother****ers that clog running lanes. It makes too much sense. So we're going corner with this pick.

I am gonna throw up if Ta'amu is there and DEN takes Dennard.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Are you guys talking about Chris Givens from Miami University? Great guy...I haven't talked to him really since I graduated.

I think he is from Wake Forest.

HooptyHoops
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM

Man, how far somebody can fall from the pre-combine numbers.....

Lestat
04-28-2012, 08:51 AM

if you mean the WR, Givens played at Wake Forest.

i would not be upset if we drafted Crick in the 5th today.

chickennob2
04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
Josh Norman please

ayjackson
04-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I like some outside skill guys here:

WR: Juron Criner, Joe Adams, Tommy Streeter
CB: Josh Norman, Brandon Boykin, Chase Minnifield

And it's never a bad time to take a lineman.

Denver724
04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Joe Adams please.

MileHighMagic
04-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Joe Adams is amazing! He is the next Cribbs.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Markelle Martin would be a good pick. Not much in the way of safeties this year. Senio Kelemete is the best guard still on the board, IMO. He played all over Washington's line so he probably would get even better if he just had one spot to master.

gunns
04-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Miami takes Lamar Miller

ayjackson
04-28-2012, 10:02 AM
I like some outside skill guys here:

WR: Juron Criner, Joe Adams, Tommy Streeter
CB: Josh Norman, Brandon Boykin, Chase Minnifield

And it's never a bad time to take a lineman.

Got the lineman. Five of the six outside players above are still there. About 20 picks to go.

Wouldn't mind Kheeston Randall out of Texas either.

barryr
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
WR Marvin Jones is still out there.