PDA

View Full Version : You think your night sucked? I just lost my laptop

Chris
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
Was in a rush to get down to the girl's place for the 3rd round. Had my gym bag over it and had to get out quickly. Left it in a cab. Oh well. 2500 hard earned dollars down the toilet. Saved up forever to get this thing for my music hobby which I was finally getting to do.

So next time you cry about Wolfe or Osweiler... remember, you didn't lose an expensive computer and you don't have cancer!

Best,

Chris

Requiem
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Sorry dude. Is there anything I can do? We should set up a donation center on the Mane for you. I would gladly give you 10 bucks.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
I left a laptop and a phone in a cab before. Got them both back. Call the cab company

Kid A
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
I assume you've already tried to track down the cab co. etc?

That sucks. Really sorry, man. ****ing EFX...

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
wp op

i don't have cancer

afaik

socalorado
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
yeah. Tell us you called the cab co.

huh??
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Sounds like it's your Girl's fault. She should replace it for you.

Chris
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks guys no donation fund necessary. I would never want anyone else to chip in for my own stupidity.

Filed a report with the local hotline. Trying to track down the cab company since I used a card to pay for the ride. Got along well with the driver (long convo) so hopefully he turns it in. Trying to see if I can offer a reward.

This really is a b**** though, a week before vacation. I want to hulk smash.

Brock Osweiler still pisses me off though ;)

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Call the cab company ASAP.

sgbfan
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Well I got my car broken into the other night ant had my stereo, golf clubs, and a suitcase full of clothes taken. All of this about 3-4 months after having the worst car trouble you could imagine.

Chris
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Can't reach the cab company because there are hundreds of cab companies in NYC. I've checked the bank records and all "NYC Taxi 175" tells me is it's based out of Queens. Called 10 cab company numbers that came up and they all thought I was insane.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
i have a friend who lives in spanish harlem.

i'll visit and we can get wrecked and listen to the diplomats

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Can't reach the cab company because there are hundreds of cab companies in NYC. I've checked the bank records and all "NYC Taxi 175" tells me is it's based out of Queens. Called 10 cab company numbers that came up and they all thought I was insane.

Ahh...NYC is a bit diff.

Sorry for your loss.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM

Ya NYC is a bit different. Let's hope the cab driver is smart enough and hOnest enough to get it back to you. He knows where he picked you up and dropped you off.

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
left my phone in a cab on halloween

called them up the next day and they said nobody left any phones in the cabs. lol.

RMT
04-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd gladly chip in some money via PayPal ...

That One Guy
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Call the credit card company and get them to reject the charge. If the taxi company gets in touch, you can ask them. If they don't, there's the first $20 toward your new laptop. Not sure if it's legal or not but it seems like sound logic to me.

Mogulseeker
04-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Funny thing....

Someone stole my iphone yesterday. They didn't realize I have a GPS tracker in it... I tracked it to the Colorado Christian University campus and I've been following it online all day... it's moving around on CCU and surrounding areas. Lol... some future pastor is showing his/her new toy to other future pastors. That is, until I give the track log to the Lakewood Police, haha.

Archer81
04-27-2012, 10:43 PM
I lost my wallet in my couch once. Got blitzed the night before, passed out on my couch. Could not find my wallet. Searched my car, the bar, the mile of winding drunkenness I took to get home.

Replaced my DL, CC's, security keycard...($50...). Months later, I am moving out of that house, couch is getting picked up and that ****ing wallet fell out of it.

And my mom has cancer.

So its almost the same thing.

:Broncos:

RMT
04-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Funny thing....

Someone stole my iphone yesterday. They didn't realize I have a GPS tracker in it... I tracked it to the Colorado Christian University campus and I've been following it online all day... it's moving around on CCU and surrounding areas. Lol... some future pastor is showing his/her new toy to other future pastors. That is, until I give the track log to the Lakewood Police, haha.

That is hilarious! I love that - keep us posted on the arrest and charges ;)

scorpio
04-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Funny thing....

So your phone got stolen yesterday and you have the means to track it but you haven't contacted the police?

I'm sure this is totally legit and not just another case of you being an attention whore.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 11:16 PM
So your phone got stolen yesterday and you have the means to track it but you haven't contacted the police?

I'm sure this is totally legit and not just another case of you being an attention whore.

Call the po po? F that! Find him/her and then spend the next month making their life a living hell. Terminate...with extreme prejudice.

broncocalijohn
04-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Was in a rush to get down to the girl's place for the 3rd round. Had my gym bag over it and had to get out quickly. Left it in a cab. Oh well. 2500 hard earned dollars down the toilet. Saved up forever to get this thing for my music hobby which I was finally getting to do.

So next time you cry about Wolfe or Osweiler... remember, you didn't lose an expensive computer and you don't have cancer!

Best,

Chris

Sorry Chris about your stupidity and losing an expensive item. Really sucks and I am glad I don't have cancer but someone out there has vagina cancer and no cure.

That One Guy
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry Chris about your stupidity and losing an expensive item. Really sucks and I am glad I don't have cancer but someone out there has vagina cancer and no cure.

LOL

Vagina cancer was an instant classic.

chadta
04-28-2012, 04:54 AM

if shes hot im pretty sure i have the cure.

Vegas_Bronco
04-28-2012, 06:57 AM
I was in chicago on a layover and we decided to go to a bhawks game that night. The guy i was traveling with asked the cabbie if he knew any strip joints nearby...he told us his daughter works at covers. No lie. I told him I wasnt going. So he grabbed his bill roll and headed out alone. I get a text at 5am he is out with some 'brothers' drunk with Gemi the stripper and doesnt know where his money is...lost $1900...he said he paid for 3 dances ($60)...

Lol, best part...but the gangsters were nice enuff to give him a ride back to the hotel.