PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Draft So Far

Pages : [1] 2

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:06 PM
This draft has been an abortion. Letting Fox and Del Rio hand pick a DT, a position they know nothing about, was rediculous. Letting Elway hand pick a QB was also a dumb move, what would he know about what it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL? And picking a RB? Elway never played with a good RB when he was in Denver and Fox and Del Rio never had good RBs when they were head coaches at CAR and JAX. So upset you guys.

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Eat **** Homer.

Houshyamama
Shut up and start thinking logically. The logical choice was use the mock drafts on the Orangemane and as your draftboard.

rbackfactory80
HAHAHAHA

I get it, sarc//

Doggcow
I like Hillman personally. Brings some explosiveness to the offense.

Wolfe is a position of need so I'm just a little frustrated.

Osweiler is ****.

Houshyamama
04-27-2012, 07:09 PM
I like Hillman personally. Brings some explosiveness to the offense.

Wolfe is a position of need so I'm just a little frustrated.

Osweiler is ****.

You're **** :wave:

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
This draft has been an abortion. Letting Fox and Del Rio hand pick a DT, a position they know nothing about, was rediculous. Letting Elway hand pick a QB was also a dumb move, what would he know about what it takes to be a successful QB in the NFL? And picking a RB? Elway never played with a good RB when he was in Denver and Fox and Del Rio never had good RBs when they were head coaches at CAR and JAX. So upset you guys.

:thumbs: People just need to relax and see how things pan out, unless you are drafting in the top 10 ever player is a crap-shoot.

rugbythug
04-27-2012, 07:12 PM
I have no idea if the guys will be good. However I can see we are not getting value. If you want these guys get them. But don't pay porsche prices for a Honda.

Doggcow
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
You're **** :wave:

Osweiler sucks ass. I saw him in person in college, he's trash. Trash trash.

Mind you that was also against a dog**** WSU defense. He's ****.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:13 PM
:thumbs: People just need to relax and see how things pan out, unless you are drafting in the top 10 ever player is a crap-shoot.

I honestly don't understand why the front office didn't follow the Internet draft boards. I mean, if all the Internet gurus agree with each other, why not follow them?

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 07:16 PM
I swear Elway could start torturing babies on the front steps of Dove Valley with razor blades and pliers, and there would still be people supporting him, saying he was doing the right thing and that he knew best. It's unreal...

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:18 PM
I swear Elway could start torturing babies on the front steps of Dove Valley with razor blades and pliers, and there would still be people supporting him, saying he was doing the right thing and that he knew best. It's unreal...

I know right? What has he ever done for this franchise? He's not even qualified to be the face of the Broncos.

I'm pretty sure he makes all decisions for the franchise which makes me want to puke.

orinjkrush
04-27-2012, 07:19 PM
well at least the chuggers didn't do so well either, oh, wait:

Walterfootball: San Diego Chargers (Last Year: 8-8)

2012 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

18. Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina: A+ Grade
Melvin Ingram was mocked as high as No. 7, so the Chargers are getting incredible value with him at the 18th slot. He also fills a big need; San Diego desperately needed a pass-rusher. This is one of the top picks in the 2012 NFL Draft thus far.

49. Kendall Reyes, DE/DT, Connecticut: A- Grade
This pick doesn't really fill an immediate need, but the Chargers are getting really good value with Kendall Reyes, who was projected by some to be a late first-round possibility. Picking a better non-need over an inferior need is usually the way to go though.

73. Brandon Taylor, S, LSU: B+ Grade
This is a solid pick. Brandon Taylor fits the range and fills a huge need at safety. The Chargers haven't had a stud strong safety since Rodney Harrison. Taylor legitimately has a chance to be just that.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 07:20 PM

Melvin Ingram was mocked as high as No. 7, so the Chargers are getting incredible value with him at the 18th slot. He also fills a big need; San Diego desperately needed a pass-rusher. This is one of the top picks in the 2012 NFL Draft thus far.

This pick doesn't really fill an immediate need, but the Chargers are getting really good value with Kendall Reyes, who was projected by some to be a late first-round possibility. Picking a better non-need over an inferior need is usually the way to go though.

This is a solid pick. Brandon Taylor fits the range and fills a huge need at safety. The Chargers haven't had a stud strong safety since Rodney Harrison. Taylor legitimately has a chance to be just that.

At least we an still take comfort in the Chiefs drafting Poe at #11.

barryr
04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I think the Broncos are in for a rude awakening with their belief this is a Super Bowl ready team.

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
I honestly don't understand why the front office didn't follow the Internet draft boards. I mean, if all the Internet gurus agree with each other, why not follow them?

No kidding.. Don't the Broncos have dozens of college scouts evaluating players every week.

If the talking heads and mock draft magazines were so good, then there would be no need to pay a scouting department.

rmsanger
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
We paid $99 for an argyle sweater vest with this draft....

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 07:24 PM
No kidding.. Don't the Broncos have dozens of college scouts evaluating players every week.

If the talking heads and mock draft magazines were so good, then there would be no need to pay a scouting department.

Yeah I mean the apparently have Jack Elway getting all buddy buddy with project QB's and telling his dad to draft the kid when we needed him like we needed the plague. Awesome scouting indeed...

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Its not the players we drafted that bothers me. Its the terrible trafe value we got for all 3 trades. Also how we reached for 2 maybe 3 guys. Its embarrassing.

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah I mean the apparently have Jack Elway getting all buddy buddy with project QB's and telling his dad to draft the kid when we needed him like we needed the plague. Awesome scouting indeed...

Show me where Jack Elway got John Elway to draft his friend... I'm sure John talked to his son about Osweiler, but I doubt it was about football.. it was probably more about his character.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 07:28 PM

I think every nfl team's got one of those.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 07:29 PM
I missed Mayocks take on our guys, damn dvr. What has he said?

Taco John
04-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I lol'ed

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Show me where Jack Elway got John Elway to draft his friend... I'm sure John talked to his son about Osweiler, but I doubt it was about football.. it was probably more about his character.

Yes, I'm sure we drafted a player we had zero need for higher than he should have ever gone for reasons completely separate from said player being best friends with the son of the VP of Football Operations.

Tell me, do you also believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny?

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:31 PM

From what I recall.. Mayock didn't have anything bad to say... he was pretty positive.. but he was positive about every draft pick.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 07:32 PM

DT - Derek Wolfe:

Mayock's take: "This is one of the most solid players in this draft. He won't overwhelm you with measurables, but when you put his tape on there's rarely a mistake. He can play the 3-technique, which he will in Denver. His stock had been rising steadily since the Senior Bowl. The Broncos have nothing at defensive tackle, so this is a good pick."

QB - Brock Osweiler:

Mayock's take: "He's a little bit of a project, which makes sense to have him training, interning, behind Peyton Manning and John Elway. He's very raw but with significant upside. Despite the fact that he's started just 15 games, you can see the skill set. He's got a big arm, maybe the best in the draft this year. If I'm Osweiler, I've got a big grin on my face being drafted into this situation in Denver."

RB - Ronnie Hillman:

Mayock's take: "Another third-down change-of-pace guy who has the ability to make you miss. He's a guy I think provides instant offense for the Denver Broncos in the screen game, the check-down game. Peyton Manning is going to love him."

RMT
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm going to Dove Valley on Monday and applying for a scouting job. I have my GED - I hope I'm not overqualified.

gunns
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM

I see what you did there

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Elway cannot do wrong. Just because he was the best QB ever and played for Denver does not automatically make his draft selections good.

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Just because Elway was a great QB and played with great RB's, doesn't mean he is great at evaluating talent. This draft has been terrible. We got one starter from this draft maybe at DT, a guy to groom behind Manning, and a RB that can eventually become a starter if he improves in pass blocking. Have to hope they hit on their two high 4th's and 5th.

gunns
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Elway cannot do wrong. Just because he was the best QB ever and played for Denver does not automatically make his draft selections good.

I don't remember anyone saying it did. But also, the fact that none of these picks have EVER played a down in the NFL, you cannot automatically say his draft selections were bad.

barryr
04-27-2012, 07:37 PM
The Broncos will have more work to do after the draft to get this roster to be a legit contender. What they have done in this draft just wasn't enough and I don't to wait for the 4-6 round picks to be made to state this. But I'm afraid the Broncos don't feel that way and think this roster is fine.

broncolife
04-27-2012, 07:38 PM
http://search.nfl.com/videos/search-results?quickSearch=broncos

Swedish Extrovert
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
I love the Osweiler pick.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 07:39 PM
DT - Derek Wolfe:

Mayock's take: "This is one of the most solid players in this draft. He won't overwhelm you with measurables, but when you put his tape on there's rarely a mistake. He can play the 3-technique, which he will in Denver. His stock had been rising steadily since the Senior Bowl. The Broncos have nothing at defensive tackle, so this is a good pick."

QB - Brock Osweiler:

Mayock's take: "He's a little bit of a project, which makes sense to have him training, interning, behind Peyton Manning and John Elway. He's very raw but with significant upside. Despite the fact that he's started just 15 games, you can see the skill set. He's got a big arm, maybe the best in the draft this year. If I'm Osweiler, I've got a big grin on my face being drafted into this situation in Denver."

RB - Ronnie Hillman:

Mayock's take: "Another third-down change-of-pace guy who has the ability to make you miss. He's a guy I think provides instant offense for the Denver Broncos in the screen game, the check-down game. Peyton Manning is going to love him."

Thanks TJ, so it looks like two out of three will contribute immediately and we will have to wait and see on the QB

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't remember anyone saying it did. But also, the fact that none of these picks have EVER played a down in the NFL, you cannot automatically say his draft selections were bad.

Actually we can. We watch the games so we know what good players look like coming out of college. Unlike Elway who just sits up on his gold throne at Dove Valley spitting into a tin can like a jack arse.

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm going to Dove Valley on Monday and applying for a scouting job. I have my GED - I hope I'm not overqualified.

Hilarious!

errand
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM

I doubt if he was doing that to little children we would find it acceptable..... however if he was doing it to you, I'd understand...

The OM screamed we needed a DT.........we drafted one

The OM screamed we needed a QBOTF......we drafted one

The OM screamed we needed a RB, cuz McGahee is old, and Moreno sucks........we drafted one.

I'm beginning to think that a bunch of you guys are a bunch of whiney little bitches that are mad the Broncos didn't draft the guy you wanted....even though they addressed three needs.

Captain 'Dre
04-27-2012, 07:48 PM
Osweiler sucks ass. I saw him in person in college, he's trash. Trash trash.

Mind you that was also against a dog**** WSU defense. He's ****.

You have this pesky habit of holding back on your real opinion. :sunshine:

Captain 'Dre
04-27-2012, 07:52 PM
At least we an still take comfort in the Chiefs drafting Poe at #11.

Yes, that was a day brightener seeing him go to a division rival! KC could have taken Fletcher Cox or David DeCastro, either of which would've have improved the Chiefs immediately.

Even if Poe turns out to be a decent (or good) pro, it'll take him 3 years to get there.

Bronco Rob
04-27-2012, 07:53 PM
This draft has been an abortion. Letting Fox and Del Rio hand pick a DT, a position they know nothing about, was rediculous.

Valid point

What do Fox and Del Rio know about defense...

:thumbs:

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:54 PM
We all know Doggcow is a great QB evaluator, am I right guys? He has seen him LIVE and says he sucks. Elway has probably never even played as ASU in NCAA Football on Xbox.

errand
04-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Actually we can. We watch the games so we know what good players look like coming out of college. Unlike Elway who just sits up on his gold throne at Dove Valley spitting into a tin can like a jack arse.

yes because successful collegiate , and nfl players and coaches, have no clue compared to fat ass guys in their mother's basement that watch the games half drunk.....

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 07:56 PM
yes because successful collegiate , and nfl players and coaches, have no clue compared to fat ass guys in their mother's basement that watch the games half drunk.....

Glad someone finally agrees with me in this thread.

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:58 PM
The Broncos will have more work to do after the draft to get this roster to be a legit contender. What they have done in this draft just wasn't enough and I don't to wait for the 4-6 round picks to be made to state this. But I'm afraid the Broncos don't feel that way and think this roster is fine.

Well you figure if they can make the playoffs with TT imagine what they can do with Manning. Yes, they lost a few players to free agency and retirement.. but they brought in players to fill the void.

If you really look at the roster, there are no holes that needed to be filled. Name one ? DT ?
They have Vickerson and TY Warren coming back. Safety ? They signed veteran Mike Adams.

I could go on and on.. no real holes.

errand
04-27-2012, 08:00 PM
I think the Broncos are in for a rude awakening with their belief this is a Super Bowl ready team.

there is nothing these guys could do to make you happy is there?

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM

Having a great career as a player has zero bearing on being qualified to run a franchise. Zero.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Well you figure if they can make the playoffs with TT imagine what they can do with Manning.

Not nearly as much as many of you people think.

barryr
04-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Well you figure if they can make the playoffs with TT imagine what they can do with Manning. Yes, they lost a few players to free agency and retirement.. but they brought in players to fill the void.

If you really look at the roster, there are no holes that needed to be filled. Name one ? DT ?
They have Vickerson and TY Warren coming back. Safety ? They signed veteran Mike Adams.

The OL is not the greatest unit in the NFL, if McGahee goes down, there is no legit every down back to take over, the WR corp has guys who have been hurt a lot already, the DT spot was a joke and they are going to count on 2 guys who were hurt last year, one of them that hasn't played in 2 years and the other was an average player when healthy, and the LB corp is not strong either, especially with Williams possible suspension. Nobody around here even heard of Adams until he signed, so not sure how he helps make this a Super Bowl team.

errand
04-27-2012, 08:04 PM

And your uninformed opinion doesn't make them bad ones either...

gunns
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Having a great career as a player has zero bearing on being qualified to run a franchise. Zero.

Posting on a football board doesn't either.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:07 PM

Being a great leader has a lot of bearing on being qualified to run a franchise, though. Say what you will about Elway's supposed lack of qualifications, he's moved this franchise in the right direction.

winstoncup bronco

Errand, what's funny, and I'm sure the irony is lost on you, is that you are doing the exact same thing you lambaste Tebow fans for, and to be fair, you're far from the only one that does it too.

Agamemnon

And that is why the Broncos don't hire off the OM. So do you see the problem?

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM

Never said it did.

Then again, I'm not getting paid big bucks and posting on Twitter about it either.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Being a great leader has a lot of bearing on being qualified to run a franchise, though. Say what you will about Elway's supposed lack of qualifications, he's moved this franchise in the right direction.

Yep you really are a true believer.

mhgaffney
04-27-2012, 08:09 PM

About time we had some comic relief.

They cry because their lives are vacuous.

errand

Agreed, just as watching some kid play "live" doesn't mean a common fan can evaluate NFL quality players.....correct?

here's a thought..... let's see how the guys turn out before we criticize the draftee's and those that drafted them.

gunns
And that is why the Broncos don't hire off the OM. So do you see the problem?

That they haven't hired you?

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 08:10 PM

Well, I'm sure if John was doing that he would have a good reason.

Taco John
Yep you really are a true believer.

Fine by me.

cabronco
I love the Osweiler pick.

That makes about 4 of us so far..lol. I think it may have been early slot to take him, but I think efx wouldnt of got him if they waited too long.

The few times I saw Osweiler in games, I really liked what I saw. He's got a wierd but quick release. Has a strong arm to throw deep out routes. He can get out of trouble with his feet, very nimble for a big guy. He does look raw at times, threw a pick right to a guy playing underneath coverage. But I think he's got good upside and with Manning & Elway, and he's suppose to be able to pick things up quick. Call me crazy but I like the pick. I think the DT pick was solid too. The rb, I dont know.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:11 PM

No.

Having smarts, experience, and an uncanny eye for talent has alot of bearing on being qualified to run a franchise. How many teams that are successful year in and year out have former great players calling shots? Giants? Patriots? Steelers? Packers?

barryr
04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Errand, what's funny, and I'm sure the irony is lost on you, is that you are doing the exact same thing you lambaste Tebow fans for, and to be fair, you're far from the only one that does it too.

Very true. Tebow can do no wrong to Tebow supporters, and Elway and the FO can do no wrong to their supporters. It is possible to still be a fan of the team despite not happy with roster moves. Heck, I'm usually not happy with Bronco drafts, so this is nothing new for me. But I can still be a fan of the team and support them though even if think the draft wasn't as good as it could have been.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Agreed, just as watching some kid play "live" doesn't mean a common fan can evaluate NFL quality players.....correct?

here's a thought..... let's see how the guys turn out before we criticize the draftee's and those that drafted them.

I agree. I've said a few times tonight that drafting a QB in the 2nd round was dumb, since we're supposed to be winning Super Bowls in the next 3 years, and I don't see how this helps. And let's not forget, people on here openly stated they'd be willing to go through another rebuild if it meant winning a Lombardi, so to anyone planning to say this was a smart, needed move, spare me.

barryr
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I agree. I've said a few times tonight that drafting a QB in the 2nd round was dumb, since we're supposed to be winning Super Bowls in the next 3 years, and I don't see how this helps. And let's not forget, people on here openly stated they'd be willing to go through another rebuild if it meant winning a Lombardi, so to anyone planning to say this was a smart, needed move, spare me.

The Broncos couldn't draft as good if not better QB prospect in the draft next year or the year after?

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Very true. Tebow can do no wrong to Tebow supporters, and Elway and the FO can do no wrong to their supporters. It is possible to still be a fan of the team despite not happy with roster moves. Heck, I'm usually not happy with Bronco drafts, so this is nothing new for me. But I can still be a fan of the team and support them though even if think the draft wasn't as good as it could have been.

Yup. I don't understand the fan police around here. Not allowed to say good things about Tebow, not allowed to say anything negative about Elway.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
No.

Having smarts, experience, and an uncanny eye for talent has alot of bearing on being qualified to run a franchise. How many teams that are successful year in and year out have former great players calling shots? Giants? Patriots? Steelers? Packers?

You look at Elway, and all you see is a great player. I look at Elway, and I see a leader who has just as much ability to lead as any other head person in this league. Elway isn't "calling all the shots." He's marshalling consensus. If it comes down to a tie-breaker, he either breaks the tie, or he backs everyone down and puts them back to the drawing board. So far the results have been great. In one season he's taken a 4 win team and turned them into a playoff contender. Some people want to give all that credit to Tebow - fine... But Tebow didn't talk Champ Bailey into returning. Tebow didn't sign Willis McGahee. Tebow didn't hire John Fox, or Dennis Allen, or Jack Del Rio. Tebow didn't draft Von Miller.

You can whine about Elway's lack of qualifications all you want, but Elway has results from the field already and the first Broncos playoff win in half a decade already under his belt in one season.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
The Broncos couldn't draft as good if not better QB prospect in the draft next year or the year after?

Apparently not, as we were in a rush to do so.

Or, as was pointed out elsewhere, this was the only opportunity to draft your son's BFF.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:20 PM
You look at Elway, and all you see is a great player. I look at Elway, and I see a leader who has just as much ability to lead as any other head person in this league. Elway isn't "calling all the shots." He's marshalling consensus. If it comes down to a tie-breaker, he either breaks the tie, or he backs everyone down and puts them back to the drawing board. So far the results have been great. In one season he's taken a 4 win team and turned them into a playoff contender. Some people want to give all that credit to Tebow - fine... But Tebow didn't talk Champ Bailey into returning. Tebow didn't sign Willis McGahee. Tebow didn't hire John Fox, or Dennis Allen, or Jack Del Rio. Tebow didn't draft Von Miller.

You can whine about Elway's lack of qualifications all you want, but Elway has results from the field already and the first Broncos playoff win in half a decade already under his belt in one season.

Wow. Just, wow.

So now it's Elway and only Elway responsible for last year's success.

Sorry TJ, forgot your golden rule: thou shall not take the names of Elway and Shanahan in vain. I'm guessing if we take a punter next it will be the bestest move ever.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM
Elway isn't "calling all the shots."

So then how does he get credit for all the success if he's not the shot caller?

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow. Just, wow.

So now it's Elway and only Elway responsible for last year's success.

Sorry TJ, forgot your golden rule: thou shall not take the names of Elway and Shanahan in vain. I'm guessing if we take a punter next it will be the bestest move ever.

I don't even know how to respond to this. Elway is the man you're hanging all the blame on, but when it's time to start handing out credit you get pissy when he gets any.

Fine by me. I'm not the one mad here. I like the direction this team is going in for the first time in almost 5 years.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM
So then how does he get credit for all the success if he's not the shot caller?

He's the figure head. What culture do you live in that this concept has escaped your grasp? Here in America, the leader takes the credit or blame.

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 08:24 PM

Didnt say the picks were bad. I said all 3 trades were awful value. I think we reached on at least two of the guys. And i dont like a qb in round 2 after we got Manning.

errand
04-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Yup. I don't understand the fan police around here. Not allowed to say good things about Tebow, not allowed to say anything negative about Elway.

And ironically, nobody could say anything negative about Tebow when dealing with those from the other side of the aisle....

however I'm still waiting for one of those that defended tim tebow, to show me the thread where any of the elway supporters have threatened to take a crowbar to tim's head or his knees.... or a thread where they wondered aloudd how good the broncos would be if tim tebow died in a plane crash...

that's what separates the elway supporters from the tebow supporters.... the amount of venom in their bites.

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
http://search.nfl.com/videos/search-results?quickSearch=broncos

One of the videos has a video of the Broncos war room. One of the people in the room (a scout?), is spinning a chair over and over again.

Doesn't exactly ooze confidence for our front office. I know they probably can only do so much with their board and trying to move up and down... but you'd think there would be some more productive action then spinning a chair over and over again.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
I don't even know how to respond to this. Elway is the man you're hanging all the blame on, but when it's time to start handing out credit you get pissy when he gets any.

Fine by me. I'm not the one mad here. I like the direction this team is going in for the first time in almost 5 years.

Pissy? You mean like how you're getting?

You are being completely irrational. The guy has been on the job for 1 year, yet you give him all the credit for a turnaround with guys he had no hand in bringing in, save Von Miller. "Kyle Orton gives us our best chance to win". Yeah, he's real savvy.

Just like the Griese days, you have your sacred cows you defend to the death. I'm able to view Elway the player and Elway the FO guy. Try it. It's not so bad.

gunns
04-27-2012, 08:28 PM

Well I do believe the Tebow thing is payback for not being able to say anything bad about him. The Elway thing is that there is no proof yet. His first year, the Broncos go and win a playoff game no one expected them to be in. His second year has yet to be decided.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
He's the figure head. What culture do you live in that this concept has escaped your grasp? Here in America, the leader takes the credit or blame.

He's the leader, but not the shot caller according to you. Okay.

errand
04-27-2012, 08:32 PM
One of the videos has a video of the Broncos war room. One of the people in the room (a scout?), is spinning a chair over and over again.

Doesn't exactly ooze confidence for our front office. I know they probably can only do so much with their board and trying to move up and down... but you'd think there would be some more productive action then spinning a chair over and over again.

do you know 100% without a doubt that he is a scout? If not then perhaps you should hold judgement? and even if he was a scout, once they get to the day of the draft his work is done anyways, right?

gunns
04-27-2012, 08:35 PM
Pissy? You mean like how you're getting?

You are being completely irrational. The guy has been on the job for 1 year, yet you give him all the credit for a turnaround with guys he had no hand in bringing in, save Von Miller. "Kyle Orton gives us our best chance to win". Yeah, he's real savvy.

Just like the Griese days, you have your sacred cows you defend to the death. I'm able to view Elway the player and Elway the FO guy. Try it. It's not so bad.

Then who does get the credit for the turnaround? If you are giving him credit for things you determine to be bad, who is it you give credit for things you determine to be good. It wasn't only Miller, but Miller was huge.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Then who does get the credit for the turnaround? If you are giving him credit for things you determine to be bad, who is it you give credit for things you determine to be good. It wasn't only Miller, but Miller was huge.

Hmmmm, there was this one other guy... the team was 1-4 without him, but 7-4 with him. Funny, can't remember his name.

But you're right. Elway took the Broncs to the playoffs this year. Wasn't anyone else. He told us something about 'Best Chance to Win' I think that's what he was talking about.

Gort
04-27-2012, 08:38 PM

yuh huhhhh!

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1647/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1647R-131931.jpg

Gort
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
And ironically, nobody could say anything negative about Tebow when dealing with those from the other side of the aisle....

however I'm still waiting for one of those that defended tim tebow, to show me the thread where any of the elway supporters have threatened to take a crowbar to tim's head or his knees.... or a thread where they wondered aloudd how good the broncos would be if tim tebow died in a plane crash...

that's what separates the elway supporters from the tebow supporters.... the amount of venom in their bites.

all but a couple of posters agreed with some of the negative comments about Tebow. the problem was the relentless hyperbole and glee expressed by guys like you whenever Tebow did something bad. you were silent when he did anything good.

i liked the kid. i wish he was still here in some capacity. he's not. i'm over it. you should get over it too.

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
do you know 100% without a doubt that he is a scout? If not then perhaps you should hold judgement? and even if he was a scout, once they get to the day of the draft his work is done anyways, right?

No, I don't know. It could have been the "pizza run" guy. But never seen it in another draft room before. Usually all the people are kinda focused on... the draft.

If his work was "done" as you claim, why is he even in the room? Why not just bring his Ipad and chill and play Angry Birds or some ****? It's like the Broncos wanted everyone in the room to have a task/look important, and this guy has no ****ing idea why he's even in the Goddamn room. So, he spins a chair around to pass time, or maybe rewind time to undo the Broncos terrible picks.

It's just bizarre, and was kind of one of those epiphany moment for me. Realized that our front office probably has no idea what they are doing.

BroncoBeavis
all but a couple of posters agreed with some of the negative comments about Tebow. the problem was the relentless hyperbole and glee expressed by guys like you whenever Tebow did something bad. you were silent when he did anything good.

i liked the kid. i wish he was still here in some capacity. he's not. i'm over it. you should get over it too.

Even better is now after months of his endless expert analysis on Tebow, he's asking how anyone else is qualified to criticize this cluster**** of a draft.

Taco John
He's the leader, but not the shot caller according to you. Okay.

It's clear that you've read very little and have no real understanding about how the Broncos front office has structured itself.

Agamemnon

LOL, errand talks more about Tebow than anyone else on this board now. It's kind of bizarre actually...

winstoncup bronco

Miller was huge, but TJ is talking in terms that Elway pulled off another miracle. Other than Miller name one other guy that Elway brought in that had an impact. And I say that not to bash Elway, but to restore some sanity here.

By the way, have you looked at our roster? I mean really looked at it? It's borderline dog****.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:43 PM

Actually, no. I'm being completely rational. I named facts about the turn around. You've given nothing but emotions on how you feel.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
It's clear that you've read very little and have no real understanding about how the Broncos front office has structured itself.

Yep, that's it. Only a select few like you have the capacity to understand things. Get over yourself. You obviously have nothing to add here.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Other than Miller name one other guy that Elway brought in that had an impact.

Willis McGahee. Broderick Bunkley. Orlando Franklin. Quentin Carter. Sorry, you only asked for one.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Actually, no. I'm being completely rational. I named facts about the turn around. You've given nothing but emotions on how you feel.

So who were Elway's guys last year that led the turnaround, other than Miller? Tebow? Champ? DT? McGahee? Decker? Doom?

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Miller was huge, but TJ is talking in terms that Elway pulled off another miracle. Other than Miller name one other guy that Elway brought in that had an impact. And I say that not to bash Elway, but to restore some sanity here.

By the way, have you looked at our roster? I mean really looked at it? It's borderline dog****.

Champ Bailey was headed out the door, until Elway talked him back. Willis McGahee contributed as much as Tebow last year, despite being quite unsung in comparison - brought in under Elway. John Fox, Dennis Allen, and now Jack Del Rio - veteran coaches that have been brought in under Elway. Von Miller - Elway's first draft pick. All (except Del Rio) contributed to the Broncos first playoff win in half a decade.

Gort
04-27-2012, 08:46 PM

the 2012 Broncos look to me to be a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 team at best. with the schedule we have and the lack of impact FA signings (other than Manning) and the draft so far, i think we are not a playoff team next year. if you agree, then getting too upset about this draft is pointless. just pretend that we're tooling up for a 2013 run at the playoffs and hope next year's draft is great and that alot of our guys get the necessary experience in 2012 working with Manning so that they can be an offensive machine in 2013. i'm talking about our receivers and O line.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Willis McGahee. Broderick Bunkley. Orlando Franklin. Quentin Carter. Sorry, you only asked for one.

Decent. Gone. Crap that might get better. Crap that might get better.

Man that's an impressive list.

errand
04-27-2012, 08:48 PM
LOL, errand talks more about Tebow than anyone else on this board now. It's kind of bizarre actually...

I bet if you searched "Tebow" since he's been traded, you'd be one of the leaders posting about it.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Yep, that's it. Only a select few like you have the capacity to understand things. Get over yourself. You obviously have nothing to add here.

Between the two of us, I'm the only one adding facts. I'm sure you have the capacity to understand things - but you're not showing that you are aware of the things - in particular, how our front office currently operates. I'm not sure what your beef is here - you said Elway wasn't qualified to have his job, and I stated facts to show that despite your feelings, he's moving the franchise in the right direction.

Black96WS6
04-27-2012, 08:49 PM

LoL that's awesome, great post.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Willis McGahee contributed as much as Tebow last year

Hilarious!

errand
04-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Champ Bailey was headed out the door, until Elway talked him back. Willis McGahee contributed as much as Tebow last year, despite being quite unsung in comparison - brought in under Elway. John Fox, Dennis Allen, and now Jack Del Rio - veteran coaches that have been brought in under Elway. Von Miller - Elway's first draft pick. All (except Del Rio) contributed to the Broncos first playoff win in half a decade.

....... not to mention john elway was the main reason that peyton manning signed with us.

Agamemnon
Between the two of us, I'm the only one adding facts. I'm sure you have the capacity to understand things - but you're not showing that you are aware of the things - in particular, how our front office currently operates. I'm not sure what your beef is here - you said Elway wasn't qualified to have his job, and I stated facts to show that despite your feelings, he's moving the franchise in the right direction.

You don't add facts. You add your orange colored glasses take on events. Seriously interpreting events in a certain way does equate to facts. Come on now.

Bronco Boy
the 2012 Broncos look to me to be a 7-9, 8-8, or 9-7 team at best. with the schedule we have and the lack of impact FA signings (other than Manning) and the draft so far, i think we are not a playoff team next year. if you agree, then getting too upset about this draft is pointless. just pretend that we're tooling up for a 2013 run at the playoffs and hope next year's draft is great and that alot of our guys get the necessary experience in 2012 working with Manning so that they can be an offensive machine in 2013. i'm talking about our receivers and O line.

You're being very liberal with your estimate. 5-11 tops. Manning is done. Von Miller will be out of the league in 2 years.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Hilarious!

Tim Tebow would be a tight end on the free agent market right now if it weren't for the support of Willis McGahee last year.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:52 PM

Obviously everyone on the team last year had a hand in it, in fact, far more people pre Elway did, but you pretty much laid all the credit at Elway's feet, which I said was ridiculous.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Hilarious!

At least he only said "as much". I swear some of these people would argue that Julius Thomas had more to do with our playoff run than Tebow...

Taco John
Obviously everyone on the team last year had a hand in it, in fact, far more people pre Elway did, but you pretty much laid all the credit at Elway's feet, which I said was ridiculous.

Elway is the figure head. He takes the credit or the blame for the direction the team is going in. *shrug*

Agamemnon
Tim Tebow would be a tight end on the free agent market right now if it weren't for the support of Willis McGahee last year.

Hilarious!

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM

Did Tebow piss in your corn flakes or something? Why so much hatred for the kid?

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Elway is the figure head. He takes the credit or the blame for the direction the team is going in. *shrug*

If you are intellectually lazy.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Still, if he's just a figurehead, then he's not making decisions? If so, how does he deserve all the credit you give him? He's a figurehead, not a shotcaller, but is the only reason we won a playoff game last year?

Gort
04-27-2012, 08:56 PM
You're being very liberal with your estimate. 5-11 tops. Manning is done. Von Miller will be out of the league in 2 years.

all kidding aside. if you view this year's draft with the understanding that we're not really trying to be a playoff team next season, but will start a SB run in 2013, then the dumb mistakes made so far aren't quite so depressing.

i honestly don't think there is any way we are a playoff team in 2012. there are just too many things that we'd have to overcome (new QB, new system, inexperience offensive players, lack of talent at some positions, brutal schedule, etc.) and i'd imagine that Fox and Elway and Manning have set their expectations on 2013 being the first real chance they have to try for a deep playoff run.

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 08:59 PM
I hear Brock is going to live at Elway's place.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:00 PM
all kidding aside. if you view this year's draft with the understanding that we're not really trying to be a playoff team next season, but will start a SB run in 2013, then the dumb mistakes made so far aren't quite so depressing.

i honestly don't think there is any way we are a playoff team in 2012. there are just too many things that we'd have to overcome (new QB, new system, inexperience offensive players, lack of talent at some positions, brutal schedule, etc.) and i'd imagine that Fox and Elway and Manning have set their expectations on 2013 being the first real chance they have to try for a deep playoff run.

That's been my problem with signing Manning. Some on here tonight, Manning guys, have said he has 3 years max. So why the **** are we throwing away 1/3 of this window? I'm well aware of the state of this roster. Our best DT has been a Bronco for only a few hours. I hope I'm wrong, but jeez, there is not much bonafide talent on this team.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM

Just never saw you turning into such an irrational hata after the fact TJ. To what end?

An elite back would've lit the league up with Tebow last year. Willis had a good year, but Tebow helped Willis more than the other way around.

3.75 ypa during the first 4 Orton games. That's off the charts bad.

Gort
I hear Brock is going to live at Elway's place.

bunkbeds in Jack's room?

Taco John
If you are intellectually lazy.

No. Intellectually lazy is whining that Elway is unqualified, and then whining when you're faced with the facts of his track record to date. Intellectually lazy is ignoring the facts and calling those who are observing them "intellectually lazy."

Gort
Just never saw you turning into such an irrational hata after the fact TJ. To what end?

the little discussed Manning Effect.

:)

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:02 PM

I don't hate Tim Tebow. He's one of my top five favorite players in the league right now.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
No. Intellectually lazy is whining that Elway is unqualified, and then whining when you're faced with the facts of his track record to date. Intellectually lazy is ignoring the facts and calling those who are observing them "intellectually lazy."

"I'm not a stupidhead, YOU'RE a stupidhead!"

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM

knowing the rules to poker doesn't mean you're ready to sit down at a table at the world series of poker.

Elway may be qualified, but he's not experienced.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
I don't hate Tim Tebow. He's one of my top five favorite players in the league right now.

So he's one of your top 5 favorite players, but would be a waiver wire TE if not for McGahee?

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:05 PM

Yeah, it shows.

Kid A

I seriously don't think using one of our top three picks on a project QB is a sign of the FO throwing the hat in for 2012.

Looking at the other two picks: they took a DT who stands out largely for his pass-rush, something none of our DTs had before and something he can contribute in a rotational role right away. And a RB who is well-suited to a Manning screen game, kick return, etc.

Those two picks seem to fit the idea of finding guys who can make big plays right away. Not necessarily every down starters, but guys who can step in rookie year and make a few plays every game. So, no, I don't think buying high on Osweiler is a sign of scrapping a "win now" mentality.

DenverBrit
Just because Elway was a great QB and played with great RB's, doesn't mean he is great at evaluating talent.

But you are?? :)

This draft has been terrible.

The draftees haven't even stepped foot in CO, and they're busts already! Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
So he's one of your top 5 favorite players, but would be a waiver wire TE if not for McGahee?

He must think he's cute? :kiss:

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Still, if he's just a figurehead, then he's not making decisions? If so, how does he deserve all the credit you give him? He's a figurehead, not a shotcaller, but is the only reason we won a playoff game last year?

You're being petty and dense.

It's like I said before - Elway has structured the front office to marshall consensus. When there is a tie breaker, he either breaks the tie or sends everyone back to the drawing board. He's a leader of men and so far the results have been to double our wins in a season, earn a playoff berth, and win a playoff game. Whoever you want to give credit to, the success or failure gets laid at Elway's feet.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM
The draftees haven't even stepped foot in CO, and they're busts already! Hilarious!

Well one of them won't step on the field. And if he does it's only because our only big free agent signing couldn't make it.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:07 PM

No one said life was fair. Tim Tebow hasn't exactly been welcomed with open arms into the NFL. And he's still got a lot to prove to/in this league if he hopes to be a quarterback in it.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:08 PM
No one said life was fair. Tim Tebow hasn't exactly been welcomed with open arms into the NFL. And he's still got a lot to prove to/in this league if he hopes to be a quarterback in it.

Wow, it's almost like he's only played a season's or so worth of games.

He's not like all those other first year guys who were locks out of the gate.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:09 PM

It's like I said before - Elway has structured the front office to marshall consensus. When there is a tie breaker, he either breaks the tie or sends everyone back to the drawing board. He's a leader of men and so far the results have been to double our wins in a season, earn a playoff berth, and win a playoff game. Whoever you want to give credit to, the success or failure gets laid at Elway's feet.

Ugh, can you get through one post without namecalling? And you have the balls to call me emotional?

Is he a leader, or a figurehead? Those terms are not one in the same, and you seemingly use them on a post by post basis.

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I seriously don't think using one of our top three picks on a project QB is a sign of the FO throwing the hat in for 2012.

Looking at the other two picks: they took a DT who stands out largely for his pass-rush, something none of our DTs had before and something he can contribute in a rotational role right away. And a RB who is well-suited to a Manning screen game, kick return, etc.

Those two picks seem to fit the idea of finding guys who can make big plays right away. Not necessarily every down starters, but guys who can step in rookie year and make a few plays every game. So, no, I don't think buying high on Osweiler is a sign of scrapping a "win now" mentality.

you also have to factor in the lack of impact FA signings (other than Manning). we still have OL and LB issues. you're not going to solve them in the 4th or later rounds of this draft. we just won't have enough pieces next year, even if everyone stays healthy. i think 2012 is a year of experience for everyone (including our coaching staff... new DC, and our OC has to learn about this newfangled thing called the forward pass). people are being homers if they don't see how steep the hill is for us in 2012. better to do as much as we can to improve for 2012 and then gear up for a serious run in 2013.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Wow, it's almost like he's only played a season's or so worth of games.

He's not like all those other first year guys who were locks out of the gate.

Hate the game. I'm just telling it like it is. Tim Tebow barely got a chance to start ahead of Orton - and only because Orton was terrible. When the Jets see Tebow in practice, they will react the same way the Broncos coaches reacted. It'll take Sanchez melting down before Tebow sees significant time as a QB again.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Ugh, can you get through one post without namecalling? And you have the balls to call me emotional?

Is he a leader, or a figurehead? Those terms are not one in the same, and you seemingly use them on a post by post basis.

Yeah, it's strange mod behavior to say the least.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM

I'm not talking what's fair or not.

You said Tebow is one of your top 5 favorites, but then turn around and say he'd be a 3rd string TE if McGahee wasn't around. And let's not forget your "Welcome to the Tebow era" thread where you were in tears watching him play. He must be one hell of a waiver wire TE.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Tim Tebow barely got a chance to start ahead of Orton

Only because your beloved FO couldn't figure out how to close a trade.

SoCalBronco
Spence to the Steelers kills me.

I really really really wanted Denver to get him. :(

Taco John

I see. It's cool for you to call me intellectually lazy, but then take offense when you get called emotional.

Is Elway a leader or a figurehead? Are you kidding? He's both. He's the leader of the franchise, and the figurehead of it as well. Is this a trick question?

Gort

i thought it was pretty well established that Xanders was pro-Tebow and Fox was neutral on Tebow. there was no tie that Elway needed to break, yet he chimed in repeatedly during the season to downplay Tebow's success and to repeatedly temper fan's expectations.

i don't mean to rehash that because Tebow is now gone, but doesn't that sort of take the air out of the argument that Elway is there ONLY to provide input when there is a tie to break. in that case, it was Elway's anti-Tebow vote which created the tie.

i think Elway is active in every decision. i think his vote is more than a tie breaker.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Only because your beloved FO couldn't figure out how to close a trade.

Orton is the one who threw the monkey wrench in the trade. The deal was done.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
you also have to factor in the lack of impact FA signings (other than Manning). we still have OL and LB issues. you're not going to solve them in the 4th or later rounds of this draft. we just won't have enough pieces next year, even if everyone stays healthy. i think 2012 is a year of experience for everyone (including our coaching staff... new DC, and our OC has to learn about this newfangled thing called the forward pass). people are being homers if they don't see how steep the hill is for us in 2012. better to do as much as we can to improve for 2012 and then gear up for a serious run in 2013.

Agreed. We should bench Manning this year and get Osweiler some experience. That would be the conservative thing to do. Live to fight another day, this season is a lost cause you guys.

DenverBrit
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Well one of them won't step on the field. And if he does it's only because our only big free agent signing couldn't make it.

The kid is 21,a raw talent who will sit for a couple of years and hopefully take over from Manning. It's a great situation for him to learn from the best.

But **** it, let's go ahead and call the draft a bust.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:16 PM
Orton is the one who threw the monkey wrench in the trade. The deal was done.

Pretty sure they could've worked something else out better than waivers for dollars, which is all they could muster later on.

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
The kid is 21,a raw talent who will sit for a couple of years and hopefully take over from Manning. It's a great situation for him to learn from the best.

to take him in the 2nd round was a mistake. whether he's a good player with a future or not is a different issue. but since the draft is about getting as much elite talent as possible compared to the other teams, it has to be considered a bad pick, especially after all of the maneuvering they did yesterday.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Pretty sure they could've worked something else out better than waivers for dollars, which is all they could muster later on.

Yeah, but by that time, there was the whole matter of everyone seeing Tebow practice.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
I see. It's cool for you to call me intellectually lazy, but then take offense when you get called emotional.

Is Elway a leader or a figurehead? Are you kidding? He's both. He's the leader of the franchise, and the figurehead of it as well. Is this a trick question?

Uh, TJ, I'm not the one to call you intellectually lazy, but please don't let facts start getting in your way.

figurehead [ˈfɪgəˌhɛd]
n
1. a person nominally having a prominent position, but no real authority

Archer81
04-27-2012, 09:18 PM
So I had coffee this morning. It was tasty. Little french vanilla creamer, couple of cinnamon chips. Had a blueberry bagel with PB (smooth...that chunky ****...ick). Went for a run (which I really hate doing...). Then I played Madden. Beat New England 104 to 10. I was happy. Then I rubbed one out. It was glorious. Then I took a shower and ran some errands. That was ok, nothing special.

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM
Someday, this thread will be bumped...

And I'll go BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Didn't post! Ha!

Bronco Boy
to take him in the 2nd round was a mistake. whether he's a good player with a future or not is a different issue. but since the draft is about getting as much elite talent as possible compared to the other teams, it has to be considered a bad pick, especially after all of the maneuvering they did yesterday.

Agreed. He would have been around much later in the draft. Waiting to pick him would have been the conservative approach.

Gort
Agreed. We should bench Manning this year and get Osweiler some experience. That would be the conservative thing to do. Live to fight another day, this season is a lost cause you guys.

it would give his neck a chance to heal. i understand Manning is happy sitting out a year and getting paid $20M too, so i'm sure he'd be on board. sounds like a plan. you should be GM. however, if you have anything more than a GED, you may be overqualified.

TonyR
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Saw this tidbid on IAOFM. Anybody else hear this?

On 104.3 they are saying they screwed up at 31, they wanted Doug Martin, and thought he would be there at #36 - and that is why Elway was so stressed looking when he came out last night.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/chewing-the-fat-broncos-select-brock-osweiler-and-ronnie-hillman

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:20 PM

Great. Maybe in 3 years we'll get to see if he's as good as Tebow was.

DenverBrit
04-27-2012, 09:21 PM

Why? Because the mocks say otherwise??

DenverBrit

Someday, you're really going to have to let go of Tebow's leg.

BroncoInferno

On 104.3 they are saying they screwed up at 31, they wanted Doug Martin, and thought he would be there at #36 - and that is why Elway was so stressed looking when he came out last night.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/chewing-the-fat-broncos-select-brock-osweiler-and-ronnie-hillman

If true, I'm glad they screwed it up. Much prefer the Wolfe pick to Martin.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
it would give his neck a chance to heal. i understand Manning is happy sitting out a year and getting paid $20M too, so i'm sure he'd be on board. sounds like a plan. you should be GM. however, if you have anything more than a GED, you may be overqualified.

We should definitely take the conservative approach with his injury. Give it a couple years to heal, I agree.

Archer81
04-27-2012, 09:22 PM
Time heals all wounds.

And allows us to evaluate draft selections.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 09:23 PM
Someday, this thread will be bumped...

And I'll go BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Didn't post! Ha!

F^ck you Ro. Your gay.
Someday this thread will be bumped, and you will still be gay.

Not that theres anything wrong with that.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2012, 09:24 PM
So I had coffee this morning. It was tasty. Little french vanilla creamer, couple of cinnamon chips. Had a blueberry bagel with PB (smooth...that chunky ****...ick). Went for a run (which I really hate doing...). Then I played Madden. Beat New England 104 to 10. I was happy. Then I rubbed one out. It was glorious. Then I took a shower and ran some errands. That was ok, nothing special.

that's great, really swell stuff. now go to bed, it's obviously way past your sleepy time...

BroncoBeavis
Someday, you're really going to have to let go of Tebow's leg.

Maybe we should draft a kicker next. Let him learn under Prater.

Lombardeeez baby!

Gort
Why? Because the mocks say otherwise??

- because Manning was signed to a $97M 5-year contract
- because we signed Hanie and have Weber
- because by the time he gets a chance to play in 2 or 3 years time, another couple of drafts may have gone by where we may have an opportunity to get a much better QB coming out of college
- because he's considered a project
- because why draft him in the 2nd when you could get him in the 3rd or 4th

forgetting the mock drafts for a moment, the pick just seemed to be premature. who else would have drafted him in the 2nd?

Archer81
F^ck you Ro. Your gay.

Ro is not gay. He is not fabulous enough.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 09:25 PM
Ro is not gay. He is not fabulous enough.

Bravo sir. Bravo.
What is he?

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:26 PM
We should definitely take the conservative approach with his injury. Give it a couple years to heal, I agree.

what the hell. send him to hawaii to relax by the beach for 2012 and 2013 and tell him to be ready for camp in 2014. that's really the smartest thing to do... got to protect that investment you know.

DenverBrit
- because by the time he gets a chance to play in 2 or 3 years time, another couple of drafts may have gone by where we may have an opportunity to get a much better QB coming out of college

forgetting the mock drafts for a moment, the pick just seemed to be premature. who else would have drafted him in the 2nd?

I have no idea, do you?

barryr

Maybe Philly would have, but they are probably happy to get Curry instead at 59.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 09:27 PM

Nobody else would have taken him in the 2nd. We were way too liberal with our selection. Should have taken the conservative approach and waited it out.

Dexter

And who are you to say it won't be Elite talent? I'm not thrilled about this, but this draft told me one thing. Elway will draft who he fing thinks will be good, and won't give a flying **** about what the fans think.

This is pretty comforting to me in a way, because I trust him as an evaluator of QB's, and I also trust John Fox, Del Rio and our scouts on defensive lineman.

I may not be thrilled with this draft, but I can at least give it a few years before freaking out.

BroncoBeavis
Yeah, but by that time, there was the whole matter of everyone seeing Tebow practice.

I think it had more to do with watching their camp champ play in some games.

They probably couldda just watched some 2010 film.

Swedish Extrovert
04-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Hanie is a great QB...... third string.

Swedish Extrovert
I have no idea, do you?

Philly.

Bob

And what would be wrong with Elway doing any of those things?:stirstir:

Archer81
04-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Bravo sir. Bravo.
What is he?

He is Ro. A unique individual with his own viewpoint.

He just lacks fabulousness.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
And who are you to say it won't be Elite talent? I'm not thrilled about this, but this draft told me one thing. Elway will draft who he fing thinks will be good, and won't give a flying **** about what the fans think.

This is pretty comforting to me in a way, because I trust him as an evaluator of QB's, and I also trust John Fox, Del Rio and our scouts on defensive lineman.

I may not be thrilled with this draft, but I can at least give it a few years before freaking out.

Hey man WTF!?!?! Stop making so much sense emkay?
This place runs on b****ing, pissing and moaning.
Not sane, common sense.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Uh, TJ, I'm not the one to call you intellectually lazy, but please don't let facts start getting in your way.

figurehead [ˈfɪgəˌhɛd]
n
1. a person nominally having a prominent position, but no real authority

You're looking at black and white definitions when the truth is more of a shade of grey. What do you know about John Elway's management style? Do you think he's a dictator, or a consensus builder? The stuff I've read has him as more of a consensus builder than a dictator. He certainly has a prominent position, but he's not just calling the shots and telling everyone to deal with it.

I don't know what to tell you except that we're better off this year than we were last year, and the year before that. I'm not sure who you think gets the credit for that, but I know who you'd be blaming if it weren't as such.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I think it had more to do with watching their camp champ play in some games.

They probably couldda just watched some 2010 film.

You won't find a single camp report from last August that had anything positive to say about Tebow's prospects as a starter in the NFL. You'll find plenty (if you bother to look) about his inconsistency. I'm a fan of Tebow, but there's no sense in revising history to fit your preconceptions about who he might be someday.

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
That's been my problem with signing Manning. Some on here tonight, Manning guys, have said he has 3 years max. So why the **** are we throwing away 1/3 of this window? I'm well aware of the state of this roster. Our best DT has been a Bronco for only a few hours. I hope I'm wrong, but jeez, there is not much bonafide talent on this team.

That doesn't seem to be the opinion of many people who actually get paid to work in the world of professional football, but **** it, I'll take your word for it. It is obvious now that Tim Tebow carried this group of talentless assclowns to the playoffs last year, in spite of the clueless front office and incompetent coaching staff. No wonder teams were falling all over themselves to bring Tebow in as their starter for the 2012 season.

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:35 PM
I have no idea, do you?

he had 1 good (not great) season in college. not exactly the resume that causes teams to trip over themselves rushing to draft a guy like that. he was the 5th QB taken in the draft. was he really the 5th best QB coming out of college? the top 4 QBs were taken in the 1st round by teams needing QBs. everybody is just looking for backups or camp competition after those 4 teams. we have 2 of those already. i don't see any urgency for anyone to have picked a QB in the 2nd round, but the Broncos did anyway. why? the 6th QB wasn't taken until the mid-3rd round and that was SEA. they picked before us in the 2nd and passed on him, so i'm pretty sure he would have been there early in the 3rd for us. then we could have used that 2nd round pick on an actual impact player.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 09:36 PM
You're looking at black and white definitions when the truth is more of a shade of grey. What do you know about John Elway's management style? Do you think he's a dictator, or a consensus builder? The stuff I've read has him as more of a consensus builder than a dictator. He certainly has a prominent position, but he's not just calling the shots and telling everyone to deal with it.

I don't know what to tell you except that we're better off this year than we were last year, and the year before that. I'm not sure who you think gets the credit for that, but I know who you'd be blaming if it weren't as such.

Unlike you TJ, I will give credit/blame where it belongs. You are way too invested in John Elway, QB, to look at John Elway, FO guy. You have your guys that you latch onto and defend to the death, no matter what. It's the way you've always been.

Gort
04-27-2012, 09:38 PM

great if you're rebuilding. not so great if you're reloading for a playoff run. we didn't need a QB in the 2nd round. we have more pressing needs.

TonyR
You won't find a single camp report from last August that had anything positive to say about Tebow's prospects as a starter in the NFL. You'll find plenty (if you bother to look) about his inconsistency. I'm a fan of Tebow, but there's no sense in revising history to fit your preconceptions about who he might be someday.

Yup.

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/status/181496236958953472

When 1st thing people discuss in evaluating QB is intangibles, work ethic, competitiveness, that's shorthand for can't throw well enough.

winstoncup bronco
That doesn't seem to be the opinion of many people who actually get paid to work in the world of professional football, but **** it, I'll take your word for it. It is obvious now that Tim Tebow carried this group of talentless assclowns to the playoffs last year, in spite of the clueless front office and incompetent coaching staff. No wonder teams were falling all over themselves to bring Tebow in as their starter for the 2012 season.

You could take my word for it.

Or not.

I really don't care and am not telling anyone to do so. Just stating my opinion. Is that okay with you? Or am I too liberal with my use of the word Tebow to be allowed to continue posting here? Please advise. k. bye.

Archer81
Coronaries are in some of your futures. Take a break. Do it for the children. And Obama.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:39 PM

Yeah, it's almost like he was just coming out of his rookie season with no offseason and already dealing with a new staff. I wonder why nobody was talking about how Bradford or McCoy looked in camp. Oh yeah, because nobody really microanalyzes how rookies look in camp.

Ask Phil Simms how Aaron Rodgers looked in camp his first couple years. But I guess he didn't have the build to be a TE, so you couldn't have used that as a justification for being in your top 5.

fdf
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
He's ****.

Tall?

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, it blows. I'm glad I didn't watch.

cutthemdown
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
I can understand why people are not super excited about the draft. Getting a bkup qb, a rb that wasn't one of the ones talked about a lot, and then trading down, back up, roller coaster type stuff can be tough to watch.

I guess for us oldtimers that watched football when all you did was grab newspaper to see who you drafted it's a little easier. We didn't grow up with all this information. So much information that people think they know what the smart moves are.

Just wait and watch the guys play football. If you get even 1 or 2 good players each draft, and 1 or 2 FA who make you better, it's a good offseason We scored Manning, have a good group of players to throw to, added a 3rd down running back, and probably a DT who steps right in and plays in the rotation, probably even starts this yr.

I still worry we are thin inside on the oline, that is my big worry on the offense and really the whole team. I don't think defensive line is a big of a worry as people think. Especially since Wolfe is a great name for football.

His sack dance can be that corny little one micheal j fox did in teen wolf. Epic.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 09:49 PM
I can understand why people are not super excited about the draft. Getting a bkup qb, a rb that wasn't one of the ones talked about a lot, and then trading down, back up, roller coaster type stuff can be tough to watch.

I guess for us oldtimers that watched football when all you did was grab newspaper to see who you drafted it's a little easier. We didn't grow up with all this information. So much information that people think they know what the smart moves are.

Just wait and watch the guys play football. If you get even 1 or 2 good players each draft, and 1 or 2 FA who make you better, it's a good offseason We scored Manning, have a good group of players to throw to, added a 3rd down running back, and probably a DT who steps right in and plays in the rotation, probably even starts this yr.

I still worry we are thin inside on the oline, that is my big worry on the offense and really the whole team. I don't think defensive line is a big of a worry as people think. Especially since Wolfe is a great name for football.

His sack dance can be that corny little one micheal j fox did in teen wolf. Epic.

Best post all night. Thanks for the perspective.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM
Unlike you TJ, I will give credit/blame where it belongs. You are way too invested in John Elway, QB, to look at John Elway, FO guy. You have your guys that you latch onto and defend to the death, no matter what. It's the way you've always been.

I'm only looking at John Elway front office guy. I've given the facts about his success to date. You've given emotion about how you feel about that success. Sorry you don't like success man.

OrangeSe7en
04-27-2012, 09:51 PM

STFU

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 09:52 PM
You could take my word for it.

Or not.

I really don't care and am not telling anyone to do so. Just stating my opinion. Is that okay with you? Or am I too liberal with my use of the word Tebow to be allowed to continue posting here? Please advise. k. bye.

This board is infested with Internet gm's who act like they know more about football talent than those who get paid more in a year than you will in 10 years, and Tebow trolls. You seem to fit both categories, which is obviously why you can't grasp how absurd your "opinions" are.

But carry on, it's entertaining. These threads are the Internet version of Dinner For Schmucks.

Taco John
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Yeah, it's almost like he was just coming out of his rookie season with no offseason and already dealing with a new staff. I wonder why nobody was talking about how Bradford or McCoy looked in camp. Oh yeah, because nobody really microanalyzes how rookies look in camp.

Ask Phil Simms how Aaron Rodgers looked in camp his first couple years. But I guess he didn't have the build to be a TE, so you couldn't have used that as a justification for being in your top 5.

I'm not sure what any of that matters. I'm not ripping Tim Tebow, I'm just stating what the situational reality was. There was a lockout, and Tim Tebow came into camp looking unprepared. The Broncos had a deal for Orton to Miami, but Orton's camp threw a monkey wrench in it - and after the Broncos saw Tebow practice, they weren't so comfortable with moving Orton. I don't need to ask Phil Simms about how Aaron Rodgers looked in camp his first couple years - I don't care. I just know how Tebow looked in camp this last year, and can understand why it made people nervous. I also understand why he's going to have that problem wherever he goes, despite the wins. I'll still root for him. I hope he proves everyone wrong and wins a Superbowl.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 09:59 PM
F^ck you Ro. Your gay.

Sit on it and spin. :yayaya:

Dexter
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
great if you're rebuilding. not so great if you're reloading for a playoff run. we didn't need a QB in the 2nd round. we have more pressing needs.

I tend to agree with you, but then I just try to look at the big picture.

1) It was a 2nd round pick
2) For the next 4 years at minimum we wont be drafting a QB above the 6th round.
3) We got someone John Elway, a HoF QB and our scouts approved of.
4) We have a 36 year old QB that hasn't played in over a year.
5) He gets a chance to be in the building with TWO HoF QB's for potentially 4-5 years.

People may like to ignore it, but basically you spend a 2nd round pick for all of the positive things above

Now lets think of our 2nd round so called impact players that haven't set the world on fire, or have busted in the last five years.

Darcel McBath
Alphonso Smith
Rahim Moore (still going to give him a chance to develop)
Tim Crowder

Point is, round two players aren't a sure thing. Hell, no player is a sure thing. So while taking a QB in round two THIS year is not a popular decision, it still SHOULDN'T cause the massive freak out that it has.

FFS ITS ONE PICK, not to mention a pretty LOW 2nd rounder.

< --- Not ecstatic about it, but I'm going to trust John Elway because his first draft looks relatively promising, and he just recruited PEYTON F'ING Manning.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 10:08 PM

Sounds about right. They traded away a pick that was used to get the guy they wanted. Hilarious!

socalorado
04-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Sit on it and spin. :yayaya:

You gay POS....not that being gay is a bad or negative life choice in our culture.
But you ARE gay. Just sayin. :wave:

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 10:16 PM

I don't recall ever saying they were busts. Said they were bad picks (was okay with Wolfe honestly)... Even if Osweiler turns into our future QB it hurts this years team as we have a very short window with Manning. Hillman was a big stretch to me.

Also don't think I claimed to know everything about the draft. I question some of the Broncos moves, that is all. My only point, and I think it's a valid one, is that Elway's experience playing is really irrelevant as far as him being able to evaluate talent.

Michael Jordan's arguably the greatest basketball player ever, yet I think his draft history shows that just because he had great talent doesn't mean that he knows great talent when he sees it.

yerner
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM

that's terrible if true.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 10:22 PM
that's terrible if true.

Probably just more BS they are stirring up.

baja
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM

Good points, all

errand
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM

How is taking him in the 2nd round a mistake? If he becomes the next great QB, would you bitch about us drafting him 57th overall? **** no..... you would be laughing at all the teams the didn't take him before we did.

now if he becomes the next, jamarcus russell, then yeah I can see you saying it was a mistake to pick him.

I guess tim tebow is the only quarterback that you clowns think needs time to develop, and amazingly in your warped mind he wasn't a wasted pick at #25 overall.

errand
04-27-2012, 10:41 PM

we may not be able to compare them because one could be out of the league three years from now.

baja
04-27-2012, 10:47 PM

You're projecting

baja
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM
bunkbeds in Jack's room?

California king

lonestar
04-27-2012, 10:54 PM

I swore I would put my faith in the new regime and not criticize their picks but it is tough..

I'm hoping that they KNOW something about these guys that NO ONE else in the NFL does..

Because so far this has left me in the "who the **** is that" mode, that drove me crazy during mikeys DAFTS..

Aftermath
04-27-2012, 11:39 PM

Dude, those two clowns are the least respected media members in Denver. Alfred Williams said Lamar Miller was the best hb and Brandon Thompson the best DT. They also wanted us to take Weeden at 25. They are ALWAYS wrong and will never admit it. I hate those dip****s.

NUB
04-27-2012, 11:55 PM

What?

Safety position is nonexistent. Cornerback still remains a rotating door of who is getting abused opposite Bailey. Linebackers got a lift from Von Miller, who is an absolute monster no doubt, but the rest of the group is seriously lacking and Williams has aged. There is a huge, defensive hole from defensive tackle, to mike, to the safeties. Damn wasteland straight through. Which is why Denver's defense was actually pretty horrible last year. "No real holes" doesn't have you getting clowned by every single competent offense (sorry, Miami and Cutler/Forte-less Chicago don't count as real measures of a defense; good for stat padding, though).

Rushing offense banked on Tebow's running ability. Blocking is average, but not glaring so thank goodness for that. Tight end is lacking. Receivers are lacking -- neither of them could get consistent separation all year (they traded the one guy, Lloyd, who could). I think this should change in the 'pivotal' year three, but who knows. If it doesn't then at least Manning will help make up for it.

This team is a lot weaker than it looks. Tebow made a big difference in taking a losing, pitiful squad to the playoffs, but so did a cupcake schedule and a very poor division. And if Manning flames out then you get the biggest hole of all, the QB position! And if he stays healthy you still get the biggest hole of all, the QB position! Because if you follow the NFL at all you know how Manning's backups basically shrivel up. It's okay, though, because we got Manning to win a championship now, which is why we got all those big free agents and chased after the impact players in the draft and... oh... ohhhh...

This FO blows. Still. It is just terrible, but people are still giving it a chance. The barrel of suck is on perma-rotate with a few new faces and fans keep eating it up for who knows what reason.

DenverBroncosJM
04-27-2012, 11:55 PM

Just step back in time and imagine McD made these exact same picks... Do you have the same orange colored glasses?

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 11:59 PM
What?

Safety position is nonexistent. Cornerback still remains a rotating door of who is getting abused opposite Bailey. Linebackers got a lift from Von Miller, who is an absolute monster no doubt, but the rest of the group is seriously lacking and Williams has aged. There is a huge, defensive hole from defensive tackle, to mike, to the safeties. Damn wasteland straight through. Which is why Denver's defense was actually pretty horrible last year. "No real holes" doesn't have you getting clowned by every single competent offense (sorry, Miami and Cutler/Forte-less Chicago don't count as real measures of a defense; good for stat padding, though).

Rushing offense banked on Tebow's running ability. Blocking is average, but not glaring so thank goodness for that. Tight end is lacking. Receivers are lacking -- neither of them could get consistent separation all year (they traded the one guy, Lloyd, who could). I think this should change in the 'pivotal' year three, but who knows. If it doesn't then at least Manning will help make up for it.

This team is a lot weaker than it looks. Tebow made a big difference in taking a losing, pitiful squad to the playoffs, but so did a cupcake schedule and a very poor division. And if Manning flames out then you get the biggest hole of all, the QB position! And if he stays healthy you still get the biggest hole of all, the QB position! Because if you follow the NFL at all you know how Manning's backups basically shrivel up. It's okay, though, because we got Manning to win a championship now, which is why we got all those big free agents and chased after the impact players in the draft and... oh... ohhhh...

This FO blows. Still. It is just terrible, but people are still giving it a chance. The barrel of suck is on perma-rotate with a few new faces and fans keep eating it up for who knows what reason.

Finally someone making sense. :thumbsup:

Oh and the reason people eat it up is because Elway is feeding it to them. If McD was still around doing the crap Elway is people would be out for blood.

Aftermath
04-28-2012, 12:00 AM
OP is such a dumbass. I hate him I hate him I hate him. Wonder how your dumbass would feel if this was McDaniels draft, or are you just one of those stupid fans that knows none of the players, etc?

montrose
04-28-2012, 04:27 AM
I’m more frustrated with value than I am the players actually selected. Even though “we stuck to our board” is always a popular choice, you have to follow where guys are supposed to go because reaching is just giving up value. Osweiler is the only pick who appeared somewhat projected to go around where the Broncos took him- in the mid-2nd round. To me, Wolfe would’ve been more appropriate in the late 2nd or early 3rd and Hillman in the late 3rd early 4th.

I view picks at the top of the 2nd round as super valuable – at a cheaper price than a 1st round pick, you’re almost guaranteed a guy who was a projected 1st rounder as every year a few teams reach in round 1 which allows some guys to fall. That’s what was so head scratching about Wolfe, again nothing against the kid- it’s just that it didn’t make a lot of sense to take him there unless the Broncos had some intel another team between 36-57 was going to take him.

Finally, as has been discussed, it appears the team didn’t get proper trade value. Now I think we can throw out the chart because in the last few years trading back is something we always hear every team wants to do so naturally that hurts the market. Still, if other teams are getting more in return for similar trades – that’s no bueno.

Now then, if I try to justify the Broncos’ picks from their standpoint (not necessarily mine)...

Wolfe – As has basically been the Broncos assertion going back to the Tebow run, they believe this league is all about throwing the football and defending the pass. They want to construct their team that way and based on Fox’s comments they viewed Wolfe as a top nickel DT type guy. Not that they only drafted him for 3rd downs, they’d say that’s the old way of viewing the NFL – as today you spend most of the game defending the pass. They see Wolfe as a guy who can consistently pressure the QB up the middle while Doom does from the outside and of course Von can be coming from anywhere. (Sidenote – this scares me even more about the LBs as Mays and Woodyard aren’t exactly cover guys yet they seem to believe the NFL is going Arena)

Osweiler – You just knew they were going to take a QB didn’t you? Let’s think of it this way, after the most successful season in five years under a 2nd-year guy the Broncos made upgrading at QB their top offseason priority and jettisoned the league’s most popular player; then they selected a QB of the future in the 2nd round after making a future HoFer the highest paid player in the league again. Surprising moves considering a HoF QB runs the team? Not to me, again I think it’s what they value in a passing league. Not only is he a guy they can develop to eventually be their starter but they may just view as insurance for Manning’s neck. Several teams in the league now view the backup QB as one of the most important (and by most important, I mean top-5) players on the 53 simply because the league is so much more about QB play than anything else and that youe #2 is just “one snap away”. By that logic (whether you agree with it or not), the Broncos added a guy at a position they believe is more valuable than a G or S or LB – THIS YEAR – as they’d view Brock as their backup QB. As per the player himself, Fox referenced he has the skillset they were looking for- “in a prototypical quarterback in the National Football League.” I think they loved the size, arm, athleticism and intangibles – and see a guy they can mold.

Hillman – Fox used guys like Marshall Faulk and Darren Sproles to compare him. Keep in mind that in the Peyton-offense, the RBs were Faulk, Edgerrin James and Joe Addai. The only guy on the Broncos roster who would appear to have the skillset of catching passes in space and spending a lot of time in pass pro is Knowshon had he's coming off an ACL and DUI. While McGahee had a nice year and might be the best b/w the tackles runner Peyton’s ever had – and this goes back to the Broncos philosophy on being a passing team and defending the pass – they needed another RB who can do the things Peyton is comfortable doing. McGahee, Moreno, Hillman, Ball, Fannin – that should be some good competition in camp not just for roles but to simply make the team.

Drek
04-28-2012, 04:37 AM
To me, Wolfe would’ve been more appropriate in the late 2nd or early 3rd and Hillman in the late 3rd early 4th.

I don't think Wolfe would have lasted that long. He was easily the best 5-tech DE on the board when we took him. He was going in the 2nd, probably mid-2nd, if we didn't grab him.

If Del Rio and Fox think he's a legit interior pass rusher then I'm on board and don't view that as an over pick.

My problems are 1. Osweiler could have been had at the pick we took Hillman with and 2. Hillman could be had at the first pick we'll have today. So to me we left a late 2nd rounder worth of value on the board thanks to reaches on those two guys. When you look to see who that late 2nd rounder could have been it stings even more, because Lavonte David, Rueben Randle, and Casey Hayward were all available. All fit a position of need, all were huge value at that point.

Very disheartening, as this was the equivalent of us giving up a 2nd round pick.

Bronco Boy
04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
OP is such a dumbass. I hate him I hate him I hate him. Wonder how your dumbass would feel if this was McDaniels draft, or are you just one of those stupid fans that knows none of the players, etc?

I'm with you man. Mcd had a much better resume than the clowns we have in the front office now.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 08:25 AM
I don't think Wolfe would have lasted that long. He was easily the best 5-tech DE on the board when we took him. He was going in the 2nd, probably mid-2nd, if we didn't grab him.

If Del Rio and Fox think he's a legit interior pass rusher then I'm on board and don't view that as an over pick.

My problems are 1. Osweiler could have been had at the pick we took Hillman with and 2. Hillman could be had at the first pick we'll have today. So to me we left a late 2nd rounder worth of value on the board thanks to reaches on those two guys. When you look to see who that late 2nd rounder could have been it stings even more, because Lavonte David, Rueben Randle, and Casey Hayward were all available. All fit a position of need, all were huge value at that point.

Very disheartening, as this was the equivalent of us giving up a 2nd round pick.

What if they get Ta'amu and Turbin/Massey in the 4th? Would that make the draft acceptable?

winstoncup bronco
04-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry you don't like success man.

Yes, I hate success, which is why I was on here all last season when the team finally started winning, coming up with excuses as to why they were. I was posting non stop after the playoff win, apologizing for the team winning and being lucky, pointing out the injuries the Steelers had, all in an attempt to discredit what was happening on the field. How come you didn't jump on those people? How come when people were practically apologizing for the playoff win, you didn't tell them they were whining and not enjoying success, and that they owed Elway a debt of gratitiude?

People who hated Tebow were gnashing their teeth during the winning streak, always finding a reason why the team won in spite of the QB. And by the way, I'm not a Tebow guy per se either. I didn't want him drafted, but since he was already on the team, I thought he deserved a chance. So people who admire what he did get castigated for actually being proud of a guy wearing the Bronco uniform. Yet, you see nothing wrong with that. Where is your outrage over that? Is it because he wasn't an Elway guy, so you didn't have special ties to him?

Seriously, if the Broncos go 15-1 this year, you will hail Elway as a genius. If the Broncos go 1-15, you'll say it's not his fault, since he's not the one missing tackles or dropping balls. You will always come up with some reason, just like with Shanahan, just like with Griese.

Waiver wire TE indeed!

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 08:56 AM
You gay POS....not that being gay is a bad or negative life choice in our culture.
But you ARE gay. Just sayin. :wave:

That's all you've got? How's middle school working out for you? I know it can be a stressful time in your life, but trust me, when you get to high school, it will get much easier.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
What?

Because that's what fans do. Look at it this way; At least we're not the Chicago Cubs.

TonyR
04-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Was just listening to Philly sports radio. They were ripping us for the Osweiler pick, saying we didn't have enough talent to support Manning to be making a pick like that with a 3 year window to win with him.

Oh, well. Day 3 is cheering me up a little. But I hate the Eagles and in a very negative sports town they are giddy over the Eagles draft this year. Have never seen the fans so happy and positive about a draft here. If Vick can stay healthy and cut down on the turnovers watch out for this team this year.

Stuck in Cali
04-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Funniest thing I keep hearing is how Tebow took us to the playoffs. He made some good plays at times, but made more mistakes. We backed in and got lucky the other teams in our division sucked as well. Took us to the 3rd round of tie breakers to make the playoffs.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Was just listening to Philly sports radio. They were ripping us for the Osweiler pick, saying we didn't have enough talent to support Manning to be making a pick like that with a 3 year window to win with him.

Oh, well. Day 3 is cheering me up a little. But I hate the Eagles and in a very negative sports town they are giddy over the Eagles draft this year. Have never seen the fans so happy and positive about a draft here. If Vick can stay healthy and cut down on the turnovers watch out for this team this year.

Don't know if anyone posted the IAOFM quick take on the Ossie pick. I think it involved vomit if I remember correctly.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 12:51 PM
Waiver wire TE indeed!

Yeah, TJ's never going to live that one down. Almost like having Elway bring in another shotgun spread college QB with mechanical and footwork issues to back up Peyton made him snap and revert to raw tribal instinct. :)

barryr
04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Funniest thing I keep hearing is how Tebow took us to the playoffs. He made some good plays at times, but made more mistakes. We backed in and got lucky the other teams in our division sucked as well. Took us to the 3rd round of tie breakers to make the playoffs.

Yeah, that's new for young QB's.

mwill07
04-28-2012, 01:06 PM
So here's how I'm looking at things...

If I had told you last Wednesday that we would be drafting Jerel Worthy and Lamar Miller, I think everyone would have been ok with Osweiller...right? I'd seen plenty of mock drafts having us taking Worthy or Miller @25, so to walk away with both of those guys, and Osweiller would have been great.

Now here's the thing - we had a chance to draft both Worthy and Miller, but chose someone else from that same position...Worthy, Reyes, and Still were all on the board, we chose Wolfe over them. I don't really know why, not being a college football expert nor a draftnik, but I know that this wasn't accidental...EFX didn't take Wolfe and 5 minutes later, say "wait a minute...I didn't notice Worthy was available...can we get a re-do?"

Same thing w/ Hillman. When we took him, Miller, Turbin, Polk, etc were all still available. We chose Hillman for a reason.

Bottom line is that we had a chance to draft the guy that the Mel Kipers of the world liked (even a round or two later than expected), and went a different direction. This wasn't a case of getting screwed out of a player; this was pro-scouting departments seeing different things than the media draft guys.

We are zigging vs the conventional wisdom of zagging. Only time will tell if we made the right calls. I really, really hope that this draft turns out better than 2009, but I don't have anything other than hope to cling to at this time.

BroncoBeavis
04-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that's new for young QB's.

He should take a look at some of Brock's ASU footage if he wants to see mistakes.

TonyR
04-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Don't know if anyone posted the IAOFM quick take on the Ossie pick. I think it involved vomit if I remember correctly.

LOL Yes, I read that.

Perhaps I'm just being too negative, and I suppose someday, this could be the Broncos' version of Aaron Rodgers, but I hate that the Broncos didn't take a Lamar Miller or Brandon Thompson. In fact, give me a moment while I puke into a trash can...okay, I still don't feel any better.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-broncos-draft-brock-osweiler-at-pick-57

cutthemdown
04-28-2012, 01:46 PM
So here's how I'm looking at things...

If I had told you last Wednesday that we would be drafting Jerel Worthy and Lamar Miller, I think everyone would have been ok with Osweiller...right? I'd seen plenty of mock drafts having us taking Worthy or Miller @25, so to walk away with both of those guys, and Osweiller would have been great.

Now here's the thing - we had a chance to draft both Worthy and Miller, but chose someone else from that same position...Worthy, Reyes, and Still were all on the board, we chose Wolfe over them. I don't really know why, not being a college football expert nor a draftnik, but I know that this wasn't accidental...EFX didn't take Wolfe and 5 minutes later, say "wait a minute...I didn't notice Worthy was available...can we get a re-do?"

Same thing w/ Hillman. When we took him, Miller, Turbin, Polk, etc were all still available. We chose Hillman for a reason.

Bottom line is that we had a chance to draft the guy that the Mel Kipers of the world liked (even a round or two later than expected), and went a different direction. This wasn't a case of getting screwed out of a player; this was pro-scouting departments seeing different things than the media draft guys.

We are zigging vs the conventional wisdom of zagging. Only time will tell if we made the right calls. I really, really hope that this draft turns out better than 2009, but I don't have anything other than hope to cling to at this time.

When we were talking DT earlier in the offseason I kept telling people Broncos wouldn't select the big fat DT. I didn't even watch college football, pulled out the draft media guide, and read. Just reading what the players were like I listed Wolfe as a real possibility. Broncos look for DT that are smaller. Big fat players generally don't last too many plays in Denver. Plus they have Warren and Vickerson coming back. Watch DT be a strong spot for the team this yr. I am far more worried about inside oline.

I liked your post though. I am in your boat where for they amount of college football i watch i have no business saying what players i think will be good.

I just know what type of athletes Denver goes for.

I have always been a wait and see how many end up starting, how good they are, how many become valuable depth, then judge the draft. Anything now is still just a guess, just like before draft.

Players that some people thought should have went higher, or been better choices, you didn't get to meet and talk to. One bad feeling about a kids character and teams will back off. 90% of this is how hard they will work, and how smart they are. At this level of athletics all these players are studs.

Guys that people on the board are calling weak because they only pushed up 15 reps at 225 would run them over, run around them, jump over them, and push them all over the place. :)

cutthemdown
04-28-2012, 01:48 PM
LOL Yes, I read that.

Perhaps I'm just being too negative, and I suppose someday, this could be the Broncos' version of Aaron Rodgers, but I hate that the Broncos didn't take a Lamar Miller or Brandon Thompson. In fact, give me a moment while I puke into a trash can...okay, I still don't feel any better.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-broncos-draft-brock-osweiler-at-pick-57

I like how you come right out and name players though. Its weak how alot of people just complain. So you are on record as those guys being players. I usually say i have no idea. But we can see how good you are at this really soon. If those guys better then Hillman/Wolfe then you gain respect. If not then you have to stfu for every draft from this point on.

Oops sorry i guess you were just posting what someone else said lol. My bad

TonyR
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Oops sorry i guess you were just posting what someone else said lol. My bad

Yeah those aren't my comments. I'm not a college football guy so I really don't have a clue. I am concerned with a lot of the lukewarm to negative comments I'm seeing for some of our picks, though. And if guys like Moore and Irving from last year don't contribute this year you've really got to start worrying about this FO's ability to evaluate talent and build a football team.

Bronco Boy
08-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Bump?

BroncoMagic
08-10-2012, 12:28 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HdTKsL-BlSg/TR_tCt_664I/AAAAAAAAACU/jXS-XENaHvo/s1600/jen%2527s+dilrod+fun+party+010.JPG

Bronco Boy
01-01-2013, 07:22 AM
So how did our draft picks do?

CEH
01-01-2013, 07:31 AM

You like Apples?
Elway says how do you like "em Apples"

maven
01-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Damn, if Doug Martin was on this team....

BroncsCheer
01-01-2013, 10:35 AM
So much fail in this thread

uplink
01-01-2013, 11:50 AM
Wolfe reminds me of Howie Long. He has a similar body type and is coordinated similarly. Not saying he is a future HOFer but when I watch him it reminds me of Howie.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Seriously! The fail in this thread is mighty

DBroncos4life
01-01-2013, 12:06 PM

LOL

broncocalijohn
01-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Wolfe reminds me of Howie Long. He has a similar body type and is coordinated similarly. Not saying he is a future HOFer but when I watch him it reminds me of Howie.

More like Ed McCaffrey.

gunns
01-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Really? Have anything to admit?

Agamemnon
01-01-2013, 04:33 PM
Really? Have anything to admit?

We could've done a lot better than Brock Osweiler and Ronnie Hillman. ;)

Seriously, the guy has done a great job overall, it's hard to argue otherwise, but the weird worship thing people do with him is pretty creepy.

Agamemnon
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Seriously! The fail in this thread is mighty

Wolfe looks like a good pick, but outside of that the rest remain somewhat questionable. Only time will tell if this draft was good or not. Right now my impression is that it was mediocre to modestly good.

Drunken.Broncoholic
01-01-2013, 04:55 PM

Seriously, the guy has done a great job overall, it's hard to argue otherwise, but the weird worship thing people do with him is pretty creepy.

You could say the same for the people who worship tebow.

Sports heros will always be put on pedastals. Especially when a HOFer has his entire career with only one team.

gunns
01-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Not sure how long you've been a Bronco fan but for those of us that have been one since the dark days, Elway was the savior. 5 SB's. None of which would have happened without him. Say what you want about Shanahan, TD, etc., NONE without him. Any worshipping done has been earned.

Broncos_OTM
01-01-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3571957#post3571957.
Dig this thread check that one out..hilarity will ensue

errand
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM

LOL...coming from you....LOL

Agamemnon
01-02-2013, 08:28 AM
Not sure how long you've been a Bronco fan but for those of us that have been one since the dark days, Elway was the savior. 5 SB's. None of which would have happened without him. Say what you want about Shanahan, TD, etc., NONE without him. Any worshipping done has been earned.

I grew up watching him throughout the 80's. I loved the guy as a player. I just never got why love of him as a QB should automatically translate to blind faith in him as a GM. Of course he's done a good job overall so the blind faith seems warranted, but really blind faith is never warranted.

Agamemnon
01-02-2013, 08:30 AM
You could say the same for the people who worship tebow.

Agreed. The blind hatred for Tebow that many exhibit is also creepy.

SonOfLe-loLang
01-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Wolfe looks like a good pick, but outside of that the rest remain somewhat questionable. Only time will tell if this draft was good or not. Right now my impression is that it was mediocre to modestly good.

I was more referring to the people who said that it'd be crazy to think the Broncos would be super bowl contenders.

barryr
01-02-2013, 10:02 AM
You like Apples?
Elway says how do you like "em Apples"

LOL, so they made it to the Super Bowl before the playoffs even started? That would be some accomplishment. I hope they do make it there of course, but I remember many last year not believing the Broncos would even make the playoffs last year, so that game can be played to others as well.

enjolras
01-02-2013, 10:07 AM
LOL, so they made it to the Super Bowl before the playoffs even started? That would be some accomplishment. I hope they do make it there of course, but I remember many last year not believing the Broncos would even make the playoffs last year, so that game can be played to others as well.

Nope, nope, nope, nope... you don't get to change what you said.

They are 13-3 and the #1 seed in the AFC going into the playoffs. That's the definition of "superbowl ready". That doesn't mean you'll win it, or even make it.. but this team is most definitely a viable superbowl contender. No rude-awakening needed.