PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati Bearcats

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/547805.jpg

6'5", 295, Arm - 33.25, Hand - 10.75, 40 - 5.01, Bench - 33

Derek is a good football player and very underrated. He is still learning and once he does learn, he is going to be one of the better defensive tackles from this draft. He works better as a DT in a 4-3 defense. He works better with players on either side of him and in close quarters with a direct line to the quarterback. He has good athleticism and his college team uses him as a DE in a 3-4, but his change of direction skills are not the best and he seems to struggle more with gap control against the tackles than he does against guards. He doesn't have the foot speed to rush the passer effectively from a DE position in a 3-4 defense. I'm sure most of it is technique related, but he seems to be a more natural and impacting defensive player in a 4-3 defense. For this reason, Derek might not be rated higher on team boards who use a 4-3 defense than those that use a 3-4 defense. That doesn't mean Derek won't be a very good player, it just means the smart teams will be drafting a starting impacting football defensive lineman who will become a fan favorite and a core player for the team that drafts him in the later rounds. That's called value. This kid is going to be a hell of a player. Mark it down and trust the profile. (Huddle Report)

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 06:15 PM
I TAKE IT

Gort
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/bowlen%283%29.jpg

IHaveALight
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
When I watch his tape he kind of reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

:thumbsup:

Kid A
04-27-2012, 06:21 PM
When I watch his tape he kind of reminds me of Ed McCaffrey.

:thumbsup:

Dude, he plays defense. He's a total John Lynch clone.

Jesterhole
04-27-2012, 06:22 PM
I don't like white defensive lineman. Yes, I'm white.

IHaveALight
04-27-2012, 06:23 PM
"I don't take plays off. I play like every play is my last snap." Derek Wolfe

Also describes himself as "relentless" and he says he "can't wait to win championships".

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Jared Allen laughs at you...

Requiem
Bust.

oubronco
Versatile player that lined up at defensive end, defensive tackle and nose tackle in Cincinnati's scheme

What's not to like

barryr
04-27-2012, 06:28 PM
Like with Miller, the Broncos should also move Wolfe around too. Despite what some apparently think around here, it is possible for a white guy to be quick and athletic.

titan
04-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Greg Cosell ‏ <s>@</s>gregcosell (https://twitter.com/#%21/gregcosell)

Wolfe was one of my diamonds in the rough. Will be very good NFL player. Combination of talent + effort. Will be 10 yr quality player.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
One man Wolfe pack.

rmsanger
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
cracka = slacka

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
A player used wrong in college instead of the pros. That's a switch.

Jesterhole
04-27-2012, 06:35 PM

Yeah, he's good. But that's the only one you got.

Jason7730
04-27-2012, 06:37 PM
Wolfe at that size and he vert. jumped 35.5"? That's pretty impressive.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 06:38 PM

J.J. Watt

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Man I had us picking Broyles in the 4th

Oops wrong thread

Jesterhole
04-27-2012, 06:43 PM
J.J. Watt

Stretch.

Retire #30!!!
04-27-2012, 06:45 PM

Justin smith laughs at you

DBroncos4life
Stretch.

Not even. Justin Smith.

Agamemnon

Are you seriously judging prospects based solely on their race?

strafen
04-27-2012, 06:47 PM

Nothing worng with that.
I was hoping for a big white guy on our defense.
Nothing racist about it, we haven't had any since Greg Kragen, Mecklenburg, Rulon Jones, etc...

scorpio
04-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Bannan?

Mogulseeker
04-27-2012, 07:11 PM
http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/54/547805.jpg

6'5", 295, Arm - 33.25, Hand - 10.75, 40 - 5.01, Bench - 33

Derek is a good football player and very underrated. He is still learning and once he does learn, he is going to be one of the better defensive tackles from this draft. He works better as a DT in a 4-3 defense. He works better with players on either side of him and in close quarters with a direct line to the quarterback. He has good athleticism and his college team uses him as a DE in a 3-4, but his change of direction skills are not the best and he seems to struggle more with gap control against the tackles than he does against guards. He doesn't have the foot speed to rush the passer effectively from a DE position in a 3-4 defense. I'm sure most of it is technique related, but he seems to be a more natural and impacting defensive player in a 4-3 defense. For this reason, Derek might not be rated higher on team boards who use a 4-3 defense than those that use a 3-4 defense. That doesn't mean Derek won't be a very good player, it just means the smart teams will be drafting a starting impacting football defensive lineman who will become a fan favorite and a core player for the team that drafts him in the later rounds. That's called value. This kid is going to be a hell of a player. Mark it down and trust the profile. (Huddle Report)

We took him in the 2nd.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Possible Pro Bowler...may be the best Defensive Lineman in the draft. Extremely well informed, gutsy, and great pick. Instant impact UT that the Broncos have been missing since? I can't remember when. Whaddya know, they finally drafted a difference maker on the Defensive Line.

Thu UT we've all been waiting for is finally here. Welcome to Denver, Derek Wolfe.

Doggcow
04-27-2012, 08:03 PM
One man Wolfe pack.

LOL

That One Guy
04-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Possible Pro Bowler...may be the best Defensive Lineman in the draft. Extremely well informed, gutsy, and great pick. Instant impact UT that the Broncos have been missing since? I can't remember when. Whaddya know, they finally drafted a difference maker on the Defensive Line.

Thu UT we've all been waiting for is finally here. Welcome to Denver, Derek Wolfe.

Marcus Thomas was the impact guy that just had to stay out of trouble.

Well, he didn't get into trouble... but he didn't do much, either.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 08:14 PM
"I don't take plays off. I play like every play is my last snap." Derek Wolfe

Also describes himself as "relentless" and he says he "can't wait to win championships".

Espn interviewed jerel worthy on the radio and they asked him what he needs to improve, his respone was " to play hard every game, not take games off" ???

Hulamau
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM

I agree! Solid pick and I like that it wasn't just a Draft monkey beauty pageant pick like Worthy. Someone that took some careful thought and analysis to see how really good he will be.

Worthy will be lucky to ever sniff half the desire and consistency of Wolfe, in spite of Worthy's good athleticism and potential.

Love Ronnie Hillman too. This kid is a game breaker with Peyton throwing him the ball out in the flats and on screens.

DENVERDUI55
04-27-2012, 08:19 PM

John Engelberger out works you.......

DENVERDUI55
04-27-2012, 08:21 PM

Now if we would of taken Crick in the 1st we would be SB fav's.

Man-Goblin
04-27-2012, 08:22 PM
How many backflips can he do?

Hulamau
04-27-2012, 08:30 PM
One might argue that we could have gotten Osweiler in the third, though he is clearly the next best QB prospect long term that was left on the board and likely as good or better than Tannenhill long term .. Vikings took Wilson early in the 3rd so we musta got wind Osweiler wasn't going to last until our third pick and so made the move for a QBOTF who is in a perfect stage of his career to learn behind Manning and with Elway as a mentor for a few years while Peyton goes out on top and then turning over a SB winning team to Brock when he is good and ready.

Ronnie Hillman as change of pace with McGahee could be sick ... We may still add another RB either in later rounds, UDFA or as a vet FA before camp starts.

Our WR/TE corp is pretty well set already. DT and Decker plus Bubba Caldwell are going to look light years better with Manning throwing them the rock and demanding the kind of precision and dedication that he demand ... and get ... from them.

Outside of Doug Martin and Trent .. maybe D Wilson too, Ronnie may have the most Sprole's like upside of any back in the draft.

This draft so far is challenging to those who look at the surface mostly and glue on to hte Mel's Big Board and McShay picks as the only ones they are familiar with, but there is quality to burn in each of these picks and all three have a chance to pay big dividends.

Mostly Wolfe and Hillman this year.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Marcus Thomas was the impact guy that just had to stay out of trouble.

Well, he didn't get into trouble... but he didn't do much, either.

Marcus Thomas doesn't hustle, is slow, isn't strong, has little mental stability, and not much production on the football field.

Derek Wolfe is the complete opposite.

winstoncup bronco
04-27-2012, 08:37 PM
This pick doesn't bother me as much, if for nothing else, he's better than anything else we have at the position right now.

jutang
04-27-2012, 08:40 PM
I love the Wolfe pick. DTs have a high bust rate and it seems largely based on their motor. A bunch of guys that got by on talent alone and couldn't take the next step when facing equally talented competition. Wolfe has about as low as bust potential for a DT while his potential ceiling may not be as high like Poe's.

Osweiler wasn't overdrafted, but like most of this board wished the Broncos went in a different direction with a 2 to 3 yr window on winning the Super Bowl. A guy with his measurables learning from the greatest QBs of their respective generations... It will be interesting next preseason what osweiler will look like. Even if Manning plays 3+ yrs, it's doubtful a qb if his age lasts the entire season. Osweiler will likely have to do some bubby blister relief.

jutang
04-27-2012, 08:41 PM
I love the Wolfe pick. DTs have a high bust rate and it seems largely based on their motor. A bunch of guys that got by on talent alone and couldn't take the next step when facing equally talented competition. Wolfe has about as low as bust potential for a DT while his potential ceiling may not be as high like Poe's.

Osweiler wasn't overdrafted, but like most of this board wished the Broncos went in a different direction with a 2 to 3 yr window on winning the Super Bowl. A guy with his measurables learning from the greatest QBs of their respective generations... It will be interesting next preseason what osweiler will look like. Even if Manning plays 3+ yrs, it's doubtful a qb if his age lasts the entire season. Osweiler will likely have to do some bubby blister relief.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Alfred Williams - "Do you like to rush the passer or run-stuff?"

Derek Wolfe - "I like to kick ass." :strong:

IHaveALight
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM

100% sold on this guy.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 08:53 PM
And I'm 100% he will sell you meth, Light.

IHaveALight
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
And I'm 100% he will sell you meth, Light.

You're the one that's been spun all night, maybe you would have the inside on this.

Kaylore
04-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Aaron Kampman
Aaron Schobel

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM
Kyle Vanden Bosch
Aaron Kampman
Aaron Schobel

Wolfe reminds me of Eddie McCaffrey

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 09:03 PM

Loving this pick more and more.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 09:04 PM
One might argue that we could have gotten Osweiler in the third, though he is clearly the next best QB prospect long term that was left on the board and likely as good or better than Tannenhill long term

Hilarious!

BMarsh615
04-27-2012, 09:11 PM
Damn Wolfe had 19.5 tackles for loss and 9.5 sacks last year.

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 09:12 PM
this du is the guy

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 09:14 PM
This pick doesn't bother me as much, if for nothing else, he's better than anything else we have at the position right now.

This is what I keep telling myself when it comes to Wolfe and Hillman to make myself feel better. There's really nothing I can tell myself to feel better about Osweiler.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 09:15 PM

And he's all out of bubble gum.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 09:19 PM

Well, at least you know that him being white he will always "bring his lunch box to work" "be the first one in the locker room" and "will give 100% every play" as opposed to the more athletic and more lazy black players they could have drafted. Denver should have drafted a Mexican. I hear they are really hard workers, of course they drink too much but that can be worked around.

Kaylore
04-27-2012, 09:40 PM
"This is guy is a late first round talent. Someone that quietly was one of the better defensive linemen in the draft."
-Mel Kiper

"He's got a high motor, uses his arms well and a lot of teams liked his consistency."
-Mike Mayock

"He's got 21 tackles for a loss, half of them sacks from the defensive tackle position. You gotta guy that can do that as a D tackle, that's somethin!"
-John Gruden

"He's white and looks like he sells meth."
-OM analyst.

Ironlung
04-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Hilarious!"This is guy is a late first round talent. Someone that quietly was one of the better defensive linemen in the draft."
-Mel Kiper

"He's got a high motor, uses his arms well and a lot of teams liked his consistency."
-Mike Mayock

"He's got 21 tackles for a loss, half of them sacks from the defensive tackle position. You gotta guy that can do that as a D tackle, that's somethin!"
-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 09:55 PM
"This is guy is a late first round talent. Someone that quietly was one of the better defensive linemen in the draft."
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Hilarious!

This is an awesome post.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 09:56 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.
Hilarious!
POST OF THE DRAFT!

UberBroncoMan
04-27-2012, 10:02 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Laughing very hard right now.

barryr
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

^5

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 10:05 PM
wp kaylore wp

schaaf
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Kinda looks like Steve-O in a DT body,

Maybe that's where the meth references are from??? Haha

BroncoMan4ever
04-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Greg Cosell ‏ <s>@</s>gregcosell (https://twitter.com/#%21/gregcosell)

Wolfe was one of my diamonds in the rough. Will be very good NFL player. Combination of talent + effort. Will be 10 yr quality player.

i envision a Justin Bannan type when I look at Wolfe. nothing flashy, but a hard worker that does his job. never going to be THE guy.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:01 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

And he has a Wolf tattoo!! ^5

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-27-2012, 11:05 PM
Just got home from the sports bar, absolutely thrilled about getting Derek Wolfe. I would hoping we'd draft him or Worthy at #25, so this was a big time win.

Now...the rest of the draft....not so much.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Just got home from the sports bar, absolutely thrilled about getting Derek Wolfe. I would hoping we'd draft him or Worthy at #25, so this was a big time win.

Now...the rest of the draft....not so much.

MUG. You know we go way back. Put this pick into perspective for me. All I see is a kid from the trailer park making it to the big show.

Hamrob
04-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Great pick! Position of need. I would have taken Reyes myself....but, I trust Fox/JDR.

canadianbroncosfan
04-27-2012, 11:33 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Bravo good sir, bravo

strafen
04-27-2012, 11:36 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Hilarious!:strong:

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 11:37 PM
The more I think about it, the more this pick is growing on me. High motor, intense guy who at least looks like he could potentially be a force rushing the passer if he can make the leap. Still think it was a reach, but maybe not as much as I originally thought. Now if only I could get over Osweiler...

BowlenBall
04-27-2012, 11:38 PM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

http://cmsimg.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=AB&Date=20120427&Category=SPT0101&ArtNo=304270102&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Broncos-take-Bearcats-Wolfe-second-round

"Hey Broncos fans -- you look like you need a little pick-me-up...."

Lestat
04-27-2012, 11:38 PM
a little earlier than i would have plucked him but he's a 6-5 295 lb guy who can flex out to DE and play DT as well. more importantly though, the mother****er can get into the backfield and disrupt ****! that's how i love my DT's!!!!!

bpc
04-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Love this pick, reminds me of Watt at Wisconsin last year. Isn't the sexy pick but we need guys that have attitude and battle on 1st-3rd down. Looks like a very good pick.

SouthStndJunkie
04-28-2012, 12:06 AM
I've got no problem at all with this pick.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 12:21 AM
MUG. You know we go way back. Put this pick into perspective for me. All I see is a kid from the trailer park making it to the big show.

I think he's somewhere between Jared Odrick and Justin Smith. 3 down player, can shift to NT on passing downs, and should be a massive penetrating nuisance. Pretty athletic, great technique, non-stop motor, very tough man and will play hurt.

I see no flaws with Wolfe. I don't think he has the ceiling that Jerel Worthy has, but I think he's close. He was my 3rd favorite 3 tech in this draft.

This is a good pick. He'll work as hard as it takes to be good and he has the athleticism and ability to make it. I'm not happy about Osweiler or Hillman, but this pick made the draft so far for me a success.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I think he's somewhere between Jared Odrick and Justin Smith. 3 down player, can shift to NT on passing downs, and should be a massive penetrating nuisance. Pretty athletic, great technique, non-stop motor, very tough man and will play hurt.

I see no flaws with Wolfe. I don't think he has the ceiling that Jerel Worthy has, but I think he's close. He was my 3rd favorite 3 tech in this draft.

This is a good pick. He'll work as hard as it takes to be good and he has the athleticism and ability to make it. I'm not happy about Osweiler or Hillman, but this pick made the draft so far for me a success.

When you say he doesn't have as high a ceiling as Worthy, do you actually think Worthy is anywhere close to being as likely to reach his ceiling as Wolfe? Because that was my big concern with Worthy: that he wouldn't ever really put the work in that was necessary to max his potential or even really come close.

DivineLegion
04-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Why do people think Wolfe is a "lunch pail guy who is all about effort, but not great rushing the passer" when he was one of two quality linemen, meaning he took >35% of the double teams, and his senior season compiled 9.5 sacks with 21.5 tackles for a loss?

I love the pick personally. You get a guy who has DE athleticism (4.44 shuttle & 7.26 cone), size (6'5" 295), and production.

He has the same body type, and workout stats as Ndomukong Suh

Suh 6'4" 306 40: 5.03 Bench: 32 Vert: 35.5 Shuttle: 4.44 Cone: 7.21 Broad: 8.09
Wolfe 6'5" 295 40: 5.01 Bench: 33 Vert: 33.5 Shuttle: 4.44 Cone :7.26 Broad: 9.0

Senior season

Suh: 85 Tackles 24 TFL 12 Sacks
Wolfe: 70 Tackles 21.5 TFL 9.5 Sacks

As a Nebraska fan I can assure you I am not trying to say that Wolfe "is" Ndomukong Suh, however I am comparing the two for arguments sake. Suh's status as one of the most gifted defensive tackle prospects in the last 20 years makes him a great standard. Watching Wolfe play I see a guy who is solid on the line, has a decent repertoire of pass rush moves, can get skinny, moves well laterally, and is a punishing tackler. I don't think he is as dominating as Suh was coming out of college, but I think he has a really high ceiling. A guy like this lining up on at the DT position with Doom and Miller drawing extra attention on the edge, should have a very smooth transition into the NFL. I'm excited.

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Why do people think Wolfe is a "lunch pail guy who is all about effort, but not great rushing the passer" when he was one of two quality linemen, meaning he took >35% of the double teams, and his senior season compiled 9.5 sacks with 21.5 tackles for a loss?

I love the pick personally. You get a guy who has DE athleticism (4.44 shuttle & 7.26 cone), size (6'5" 295), and production.

Suh 6'4" 306 40: 5.03 Bench: 32 Vert: 35.5 Shuttle: 4.44 Cone: 7.21 Broad: 35.5
Wolfe 6'5" 295 40: 5.01 Bench: 33 Vert: 33.5 Shuttle: 4.44 Cone :7.26 Broad: 9.0

Senior season

As a Nebraska fan I can assure you I am not trying to say that Wolfe "is" Ndomukong Suh, however I am comparing the two for arguments sake. Suh's status as one of the most gifted defensive tackle prospects in the last 20 years makes him a great standard. Watching Wolfe play I see a guy who is solid on the line, has a decent repertoire of pass rush moves, can get skinny, moves well laterally, and is a punishing tackler. I don't think he is as dominating as Suh was coming out of college, but I think he has a really high ceiling. A guy like this lining up on at the DT position with Doom and Miller drawing extra attention on the edge, should have a very smooth transition into the NFL. I'm excited.

Good post (although I think there's something awry with your broad jump numbers).

Wolfe is far more athletic than people are giving him credit for -- not saying he's gonna be the next NdonkeyKong Suh, but he's not just some fat slow meth dealer, by any means.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-28-2012, 12:45 AM
When you say he doesn't have as high a ceiling as Worthy, do you actually think Worthy is anywhere close to being as likely to reach his ceiling as Wolfe? Because that was my big concern with Worthy: that he wouldn't ever really put the work in that was necessary to max his potential or even really come close.

I don't have any concerns about Worthy at all. I've heard the criticism of taking plays off and such, along with the hot and cold motor, but I don't really agree. I think he's an exceptional talent with a leadership personality. I think he's too confident to be less than stellar. I think Wolfe's ceiling is Justin Smith, which is phenominal, but I think Worthy's ceiling is Warren Sapp.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 12:47 AM
-Mel Kiper

-Mike Mayock

-John Gruden

-OM analyst.

Everytime I want to leave this place I keep getting pulled back in. Hilarious!

Bacchus
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM

Senior season

That being said Sue played in the Big 12 and Wolfe played in Conferance USA.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 12:51 AM

Senior season

he's white, he played in the big east, went to Cincy and wasn't hyped like other DT's. therefor in the Mane's eyes he must not be anything other than Justin Bannan version 2.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 12:52 AM

Cincy is in the big east, so not sure where you got conference usa from.

Agamemnon
04-28-2012, 12:53 AM

Pass rush stats can actually get inflated in the Big 12 with how much passing everyone does.

Bacchus
04-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Cincy is in the big east, so not sure where you got conference usa from.

LOL...... sorry.

DivineLegion
04-28-2012, 12:55 AM
Good post (although I think there's something awry with your broad jump numbers).

Wolfe is far more athletic than people are giving him credit for -- not saying he's gonna be the next NdonkeyKong Suh, but he's not just some fat slow meth dealer, by any means.

8.09 broad jump, sorry.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:02 AM
i just need to see him penetrate in the backfield and push some OL back. that will make me happy. been far too long since our DT's collapsed the pocket, push the OL back and cause the QB pocket discomfort.

DivineLegion
04-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I think the key to his success, judging from his athletic ability, is his cone. 4.44 is exceptionally good, and indicates quick burst lateral agility. Having the ability to adjust quickly is a huge factor in playing in the pit. This is an ideal fit for a team that is bringing a solid body DE in Robert Ayers into his prime, the returning DROTY, Doom, and Ty Warren into the season. Warren is a space eater which will allow Wolfe to get inside pressure, and penetrate. From what I have watched so far Wolfe is excellent at shedding blocks, and collapsing the pocket. This will benefit our edge rushers tremendously by forcing QB's to pick their poison on the outside. Couple this pass rush potential with Peyton Manning's scoring prowess; that my friends is a recipe for success.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:09 AM
I think the key to his success, judging from his athletic ability, is his cone. 4.44 is exceptionally good, and indicates quick burst lateral agility. Having the ability to adjust quickly is a huge factor in playing in the pit. This is an ideal fit for a team that is bringing a solid body DE in Robert Ayers into his prime, the returning DROTY, Doom, and Gerrard Warren into the season. Warren is a space eater which will allow Wolfe to get inside pressure, and penetrate. From what I have watched so far Wolfe is excellent at shedding blocks, and collapsing the pocket. This will benefit our edge rushers tremendously by forcing QB's to pick their poison on the outside. Couple this pass rush potential with Peyton Manning's scoring prowess; that my friends is a recipe for success.

i know Ty was hurt last season, but damn man, likening him to Gerard is kinda harsh. that mother stopped playing when he didn't get paid.

DBroncos4life
04-28-2012, 01:16 AM
i know Ty was hurt last season, but damn man, likening him to Gerard is kinda harsh. that mother stopped playing when he didn't get paid.

No he was traded a year after he got paid because he didn't fit Jim Bates system. **** Jim Bates. Traded a solid Warren and drafted Moss.

Lestat
04-28-2012, 01:18 AM
No he was traded a year after he got paid because he didn't fit Jim Bates system. **** Jim Bates. Traded a solid Warren and drafted Moss.

still mad about that pick. trading up 7 damn spots to draft a dude who was known to have issues keeping weight on and wasn't in love with the game.

DivineLegion
04-28-2012, 01:27 AM

HaHaha yea, sorry man its 3am on the east coast. I've gotta get as much of my football fix as I can now, before the two month hibernation starts pre TC.

Boomhauer
04-28-2012, 01:39 AM
100% sold on this guy.

Agreed. Only thing left for me to see is whether Wolfe takes the UpTackle job outright, or if he subs behind Vickerson for a year and starts next season. Either way, an excellent pick for the Broncos.
http://www.maxdenver.com/maxdenver/images/vickerson_kevin_250.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/158/678/derekwolfe_display_image.jpg?1335237642

BowlenBall
04-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Agreed. Only thing left for me to see is whether Wolfe takes the UpTackle job outright, or if he subs behind Vickerson for a year and starts next season. Either way, an excellent pick for the Broncos.
http://www.maxdenver.com/maxdenver/images/vickerson_kevin_250.jpghttp://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/158/678/derekwolfe_display_image.jpg?1335237642

Vickerson grades higher on spare tires, but Wolfe is superior in manboobs.

Jason7730
04-28-2012, 04:58 AM

I like the sound of that, price.

Bacchus
04-28-2012, 05:21 AM
Vickerson grades higher on spare tires, but Wolfe is superior in manboobs.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/158/678/derekwolfe_display_image.jpg?1335237642

Those aren't man boobs that is the front part of his shoulder pads. :hitself:

Bacchus
04-28-2012, 05:24 AM
Wolfe used to be a very good wrestler and well, I know if you can be a great wrestler than football is a snap.

The balance and strength he used in wrestling serves him well in the trenches.

Jason7730
04-28-2012, 05:44 AM
^ I agree 100% Bachus!

Kaylore
04-28-2012, 08:50 AM
Wolfe used to be a very good wrestler and well, I know if you can be a great wrestler than football is a snap.

The balance and strength he used in wrestling serves him well in the trenches.

His hands and feet are pretty good. Using his hands at all puts him well ahead of a lot of other players coming in.

But go back and look at his production. He had pretty good games against SEC opponents and against rivals he went absolutely nuts. We really did pretty good. BPA people should be happy and need people should be happy.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 08:59 AM
No complaints from me. I love the pick. I got what I've been asking for, a DT who can drive through the middle. Was it at the right spot to draft him? Sounds like the kind of guy a few teams might want to grab early, regardless of what all the boards say.

DivineLegion
04-28-2012, 09:31 AM
His hands and feet are pretty good. Using his hands at all puts him well ahead of a lot of other players coming in.

But go back and look at his production. He had pretty good games against SEC opponents and against rivals he went absolutely nuts. We really did pretty good. BPA people should be happy and need people should be happy.

I've read that he plays short armed at times, and doesn't maximize his strength. A wrestling trait, keeping compact, that can be coached up.

socalorado
04-28-2012, 09:36 AM

I just hope we can put Ta'amu next to him. Great pick though.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 09:52 AM
Reminds me of Rulon Jones. ;D

Lestat
04-28-2012, 09:54 AM
i really hope we get a big NT type to put next to him, a Ta'amu,Howard or Chapman.

Rohirrim
04-28-2012, 01:14 PM
Broncos DT lineup is looking better. I imagine Wolfe trains for the 3T and Jackson goes to 5T?