MVP-06
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
he looks like a safety

FantomForce
04-27-2012, 12:51 PM
what is he tacking???? Roofs?

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 12:52 PM
He reminds me of Wesley Woodyard, although Woodyard ran a 4.51 and David a 4.65.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 12:52 PM
he looks like a safety

Not even.

Kid A
04-27-2012, 12:53 PM
Watched every game he played. On the whole David was a very solid player, lead a good defense in several categories, etc. But what was most exciting about him is how he consistently stepped up in big games. The rest of the NU team has had a knack for choking at key times, but from the LB position David single-handedly turned around several games, not least of which was a school record comeback against Ohio St. Not sure how his physical stats project, but he's a guy who won't wilt in the spotlight no matter where he goes.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 12:56 PM
Not even.

Dude he is only 6'1 and 225 lbs. and judging by the way he moves and instincts i'm guessing he played safety at some point in his career.

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
I hate Nebraska with every fiber of my body, but this dude is a "difference maker" type in the NFL, regardless of his size. He's that guy who you can have covering TE's like Gronk and Hernandez at a competent level, and he's ALWAYS around the ball on defense.

jhns
04-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Dude he is only 6'1 and 225 lbs. and judging by the way he moves and instincts i'm guessing he played safety at some point in his career.

I think he is a safety/OLB hybrid at this level. He will work best in a defense that can move him around.

iforgotmypassword
04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
He's worth the pick, I've seen every game he's played also. I'm critical on big red players... I hate Crick (for the broncos) and always thought Dennard was over rated, but David is 1st round talent. He's small but you can find somewhere for him to fit in, be it safety or not. He's a football player.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
He reminds me of Wesley Woodyard, although Woodyard ran a 4.51 and David a 4.65.
What? People are comparing him to Derrick Brooks and you throw out Woodyard?

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
he looks like he gets off blocks really well for his size, just a little worried that the OL at this level will swallow him up when they engage him. If he can make the switch to SS i'm all for it, but that is a big risk this high up. I thought he was closer to the 6"2 240 lb mark.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
He's not fast enough to be a safety or big enough to be a LB. Maybe a STs guy?

Kid A
04-27-2012, 01:08 PM
he looks like he gets off blocks really well for his size, just a little worried that the OL at this level will swallow him up when they engage him. If he can make the switch to SS i'm all for it, but that is a big risk this high up. I thought he was closer to the 6"2 240 lb mark.

Even as a fan of his, I don't know that 36 is the right place to be taking him for some of those reasons either. I was a little surprised how high he is on all the boards, but he did show a lot the last couple years against some top offenses.

Rohirrim
What? People are comparing him to Derrick Brooks and you throw out Woodyard?

He's the same size and slightly slower. I realize he's a high effort guy and a real football player. I just don't see where he'd fit in on the Broncos. Wesley was a great tackler at Kentucky too. That's why I was so high on him when the Broncos drafted him.

DBroncos4life

He weight 233 at the combine.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
He's the same size and slightly slower. I realize he's a high effort guy and a real football player. I just don't see where he'd fit in on the Broncos.

Woodyard was less then 220 at the combine David was more then 230. You don't know where he fits in on the Broncos? Considering none of our LBs Woodyard included can cover worth a **** my guess is at starting OLB.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
233 is way better than 225, but can he keep the same speed at 240 after playing at 225? If he can then I think he is a great pick up

Bmore Manning
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Really would like him as a Bronco.

Bmore Manning
04-27-2012, 01:24 PM
233 is way better than 225, but can he keep the same speed at 240 after playing at 225? If he can then I think he is a great pick up

I watched tons of his games. He is the next Derrick Brooks. You need a WLB who has DB speed, LB size, and a nasty streak. He is all over the field and always around the ball. He would make an instant impact!

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 01:25 PM

Why does he need to add 7 more pounds to get to 240? Derrick Brooks was an 11 time pro bowler at 6 foot 235. I think David is right where he needs to be weight wise.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Different era of players, but his "bad things man" commercial was a classic

strike that I think it was Bruce smith that had this one, Brooks did the united way commercial I believe

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 01:29 PM
I would ask everyone questioning his measurables to go and find some film on the guy. His football instincts and ability to make plays are without question. Whoever gets him is going to get a guy that you'll be hearing about in the NFL for a long time.

Bmore Manning
04-27-2012, 01:34 PM
I have been thinking about the most "impact" and really feel like going Jenkins and David in 2 and maybe a trade up with a third next year, the late fourth (maybe another fourth) this year and DJ could net another 2nd to get a DT.

Something like
2. Kendal Reyes DT
2. Lavonte David WLB
2. Janoris Jenkins CB

And still have a third and one-two fourths.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Jenkins can flat out ball on the field.....can flat out snort a ball off the field...i never understood these kids who have all the talent yet channel their priorities into stupidity.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I would ask everyone questioning his measurables to go and find some film on the guy. His football instincts and ability to make plays are without question. Whoever gets him is going to get a guy that you'll be hearing about in the NFL for a long time.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/lavonte-david?id=2532828

Scouts are saying the same thing, personally I like him a lot. Great instincts/angles. Just was surprised at his size after looking it up. Ol at this level are much quicker/stronger. Von is two inches taller and 20 lbs. heavier and struggles against the run at times. I don't think it's a crazy to question if he transitions well at his playing size

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Woodyard was less then 220 at the combine David was more then 230. You don't know where he fits in on the Broncos? Considering none of our LBs Woodyard included can cover worth a **** my guess is at starting OLB.

Woodyard now is 230. He and David were very similar players in college. Woodyard is faster. Woodyard was a tackling machine at Kentucky. I don't see how people think David would come in and suddenly play better than a faster guy with a very similar skill set and size who has already been doing it in the NFL for a couple of years. People fall in love with college players and think they are just going to transition right into the NFL. I've heard the hype. I just don't see much difference. I remember watching Wesley at Kentucky. He was flying all over the place too.

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I have been thinking about the most "impact" and really feel like going Jenkins and David in 2 and maybe a trade up with a third next year, the late fourth (maybe another fourth) this year and DJ could net another 2nd to get a DT.

Something like
2. Kendal Reyes DT
2. Lavonte David WLB
2. Janoris Jenkins CB

And still have a third and one-two fourths.

:~ohyah!:

as for baby daddy, he can knock up as many women as he wants, I just want him to stay out of trouble, as in no raping, thanks!