PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the new draft format

houghtam
04-27-2012, 06:25 AM
Forgive me if this has already been brought up. What is everyone's opinion on the new format? Personally I liked having just one round last night, but I really dread that we have to wait until tonight for more. Anyone know why they didn't go 1st round Friday night, 2-3 Saturday, 4-7 Subday or something like that? I'm going to miss waking up in Draft Day 2 at about 11, getting some breakfast and nursing my hangover for an hour before it all starts again.

Thoughts?

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
I prefer the old format. Rounds 1-3 on Saturday, 4-7 on Sunday.

jhns
04-27-2012, 06:29 AM

This. I don't like it being on weekdays. The weekend was better.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 06:31 AM
This. I don't like it being on weekdays. The weekend was better.

Yeah. Had to go to work this morning with a hangover. Plus, since we traded out of the 1st, we had to go the whole evening without seeing a single Broncos selection. With the old format, we'd already have made three picks (assuming no more trade downs).

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 06:32 AM
I will say that I do like the change from 15 minutes between picks in the 1st round to 10, and 5 minutes in every round thereafter. They should have made that change and kept the rest the same.

Broncoman13
04-27-2012, 06:33 AM
I liked waking up and the draft was on. Don't mind the Thurs, Friday, Sat format. I also think it was better seeing the phone calls. Seems like they are trying to take the burden off of the predictions. Now they see who is getting the phone calls but we don't. So we get 1 minute more of suspense, big deal. I'd rather see the emotion of the phone call.

slatimer
04-27-2012, 06:42 AM
One thing I didn't like was the fact that the twitter world had the pick well in advance of the commish walking to the podium and Mayock pretending like he didn't know and gave correct guesses all night like he was the best predictor in the world.

bfoflcommish
04-27-2012, 07:05 AM
One thing I didn't like was the fact that the twitter world had the pick well in advance of the commish walking to the podium and Mayock pretending like he didn't know and gave correct guesses all night like he was the best predictor in the world.

you can thank Schefter for that, he was pissng me off!!!!

maher_tyler
04-27-2012, 07:10 AM
you can thank Schefter for that, he was pissng me off!!!!

Don't check twitter??

slatimer
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
my gripe wasn't so much twitter but the fact that Mayock surely knew and kept saying I would guess they are going with xyz with this pick.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 07:27 AM
!st round should be on Friday night. Im going to miss the 1st hour and a half tonight because it starts at 5 pm

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 07:29 AM
I understand the move to prime time, but I don't like starting on Thursday and stretching it out.

They should have round 1 Friday night, rounds 2-4 on Saturday, and rounds 5-7 on Sunday. Best of both worlds.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
I hate that they wouldn't announce the picks while other teams had already selected. They were talking about who the Titans would take at 20, when everyone knew the Pats had traded up to select Jones at 21 and some ESPN idiots were discussing that Titans might take Jones. Right after that when the Patriots "were on the clock" and the talking heads again were discussing who it might be at 21, you could see in the background that the Steelers were on the clock at 24 already.

Gutless Drunk
04-27-2012, 07:41 AM
Don't check twitter??

and don't read the draft thread, as people felt compelled to post Shefter's twitter feed there as well, without utilizing the fancy spoiler function.

TheChamp24
04-27-2012, 07:45 AM
I saw a tweet about how the broadcasts were a few picks behind actual picks, causing chaos/confusion.
Anyways, I don't like the new format.
Go round 1 primetime on Friday night, 2-4 on Saturday, 5-7 on Sunday if anything.

McDman
04-27-2012, 07:47 AM
I loved all the trades and not knowing who will be picked but they need two rounds the first night.

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 07:50 AM
Forgive me if this has already been brought up. What is everyone's opinion on the new format? Personally I liked having just one round last night, but I really dread that we have to wait until tonight for more. Anyone know why they didn't go 1st round Friday night, 2-3 Saturday, 4-7 Subday or something like that? I'm going to miss waking up in Draft Day 2 at about 11, getting some breakfast and nursing my hangover for an hour before it all starts again.

Thoughts?

I like how they don't show players getting the phone calls.. adds to the drama.

Having the draft on Thursday, and Friday is just about ratings.. I would prefer the draft during the weekend.

bfoflcommish
04-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Don't check twitter??

dont interact with other football fans on one of the biggest nights of the football season???

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
I preferred it on the weekends.

broncocalijohn
04-27-2012, 09:20 AM
dont interact with other football fans on one of the biggest nights of the football season???

yeah, because you were never able to do that before Twitter came along.

broncosteven
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Please go back to the Saturday noon start.

I no why they will never go back but it was a much better format.

Garcia Bronco
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM

I agree

Turd_Ferguson
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM

Thoughts?

No draft will ever be complete again now that they have taken whats written in bold away from us.

DBroncos4life
04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I like how they don't show players getting the phone calls.. adds to the drama.

Having the draft on Thursday, and Friday is just about ratings.. I would prefer the draft during the weekend.

They might not of showed them on the phone but, they still showed them before the pick anyways.

Play2win
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
I miss the Draft Day Weekend National Holiday.

Smiling Assassin27
04-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Schefter posted this on twitter as a reminder of how far it's come:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2QYsqKjojhI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

George Grande doing the play by play.