PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless prediction: Tebow will become the starting QB for the Jets sometime in 2012

Armchair Bronco
04-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Skip Bayless recently predicted on ESPN's "First Take" that Tebow was brought in to New York to compete for the starting job, and that at some point in 2012 he would become the Jets starting QB. What do you think?

<iframe width="300" height="250" vspace="0" hspace="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.ipredikt.com/plugins/widget.aspx?ids=745,693&layout=1&border=3&image=1&font=6" allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

You can vote directly from the widget.

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 12:40 AM
I fully expect it. Sanchez is not the kind of QB that hold off Tebow. Not even close.

HorseHead
04-27-2012, 03:03 AM
wow, way to go out on a limb Skip...

no s-it..., by week 6....

Armchair Bronco
04-27-2012, 10:39 AM
If you ask me, I think it's a fairly bold prediction. After all, the Front Office is still saying that they brought in Tebow "to be a football player". I wonder what the speculation is like on Jets forums?

Anyway, I predict that Elway will be VERY sorry he traded Tebow.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 10:47 AM
Bayless on Tebow:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=3073&dateline=1332916119

Smiling Assassin27
04-27-2012, 10:50 AM
You wanna step out there, predict that Sanchez will be a Dolphin by Monday morning. ;)

Crushaholic
04-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Bayless has a bigger "desire" for Tebow, than MacGruder does...Hilarious!

jhns
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
I may have believed this before they put him on punt coverage. After that, I have doubts that he is even the actual backup at QB this season.

Jay3
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I may have believed this before they put him on punt coverage. After that, I have doubts that he is even the actual backup at QB this season.

It still fits. They're doing a bunch of stuff to get him in there all the time, so they have to run a lot of reps with his "offense." Then it's a shorter step to saying "The Tebow offense is now the real offense."

Butterscotch Stallion
04-27-2012, 11:10 AM
Why would a team want a game changing qb as their starter?

gunns
04-27-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm just shocked Bayless would predict that!

I predict Elway will be VERY happy he traded Tebow.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Why would a team want a game changing qb as their starter?

tgn rep---"game limiting"

the more things change....

lolcopter
04-27-2012, 11:47 AM
I'll go ahead and file this under "duh," right beside "no **** Sherlock"

Archer81
04-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Don't care. He is the NYJ's problem now.

:Broncos:

rideco
04-27-2012, 11:57 AM

Yep...

EmpireOrange
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
If you ask me, I think it's a fairly bold prediction. After all, the Front Office is still saying that they brought in Tebow "to be a football player". I wonder what the speculation is like on Jets forums?

I predict you're Ms. Irrelevant.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Oh boy! It's draft day II. Let's discuss the Jets!

Armchair Bronco
04-27-2012, 12:07 PM

Actually, this is what make me think they wanted him to be the starter eventually. They can showcase his awesomeness this way early in the season without putting Sanchez on notice.

Believe me, I'll be watching the first 2 or 3 Jets games this year to see Tebow as pseudo-punt protector and at the goal line.

cousinal11
04-27-2012, 12:12 PM

Get over it or get a jets jersey.

Stagger Lee
04-27-2012, 12:13 PM

QFT

MagicHef
04-27-2012, 12:22 PM
I should hope so, Sanchez is awful.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2012, 12:34 PM
I'll go ahead and file this under "duh," right beside "no **** Sherlock"

I'd say the opposite actually. If I had to bet I'd say, outside of injury to Sanchez, the odds of starting for NY this year are NOT in Tim's favor.

If it was such a foregone conclusion that Tim would unseat Sanchez, who is by no means the worst starting QB in the league, then I'd argue that we would've gotten a whole heck of a lot more in trade compensation for him from either the Jets or someone else.

jhns
04-27-2012, 12:40 PM
I'd say the opposite actually. If I had to bet I'd say, outside of injury to Sanchez, the odds of starting for NY this year are NOT in Tim's favor.

If it was such a foregone conclusion that Tim would unseat Sanchez, who is by no means the worst starting QB in the league, then I'd argue that we would've gotten a whole heck of a lot more in trade compensation for him from either the Jets or someone else.

While I assume he was saying duh that this is Skips opinion, I don't agree with your post. We just lost a good amount of value in trades yesterday. Just because other teams can get the best of this front office, doesn't mean that they gave up everything they were willing to give up. Someone else has nothing to do with the Jets.

Also, no one is saying the Jets plan on starting him. It wouldn't be a prediction of sometime this season if that was the case. It would be a first game of the season prediction.

Beantown Bronco
04-27-2012, 12:47 PM
While I assume he was saying duh that this is Skips opinion,

How about this one then, which is very clearly saying what I think Skip is saying as well?

wow, way to go out on a limb Skip...

no s-it..., by week 6....

Jay3
04-27-2012, 12:55 PM

Time has passed, and it's kind of sunk in that that was a dumb and hurried trade. Nobody was really hurting for a quarterback (that didn't have designs on one in the draft), and Tebow's got more value than that as a backup.

All that talk about "Well, you need someone if Peyton goes down to come in and perform the way Peyton does" and then they get Caleb Hanie.

That trade looks more and more silly in hindsight. The rest of the league would have needed more time to factor Tebow into their plans to give a 3rd rounder.

hookemhess
04-27-2012, 01:05 PM
http://fanboyz.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/vampires-kiss.jpg

RedEyedJeti
04-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Who's Tebow?

Play2win
04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
I just wonder how Tebow is dealing with the cold, I heard those Canadian nights can get quite chilly.

MagicHef
04-27-2012, 01:18 PM
How about this one then, which is very clearly saying what I think Skip is saying as well?

I'm saying it.

Then again, I've been wrong in the past.

Also, I don't really care.

lonestar
04-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Time has passed, and it's kind of sunk in that that was a dumb and hurried trade. Nobody was really hurting for a quarterback (that didn't have designs on one in the draft), and Tebow's got more value than that as a backup.

All that talk about "Well, you need someone if Peyton goes down to come in and perform the way Peyton does" and then they get Caleb Hanie.

That trade looks more and more silly in hindsight. The rest of the league would have needed more time to factor Tebow into their plans to give a 3rd rounder.

They wanted the circus out of town..

there were some rumors tha they would flat cut him..

I also thought it was short sided but Elway wanted to get "Joshes problem kid" gone..

He lost some of my respect with that move.. Not that he cares about that..

Drek
04-27-2012, 01:39 PM
They wanted the circus out of town..

And that is the problem We downgraded our backup QB from Tebow to Hanie simply because the FO didn't feel like they could control public sentiment despite having Peyton Manning as the #1 QB.

Captain 'Dre
04-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Of course... at the first signs of Sanchez struggling, there will be fan screamage of heretofore unseen proportion for Tebow.

I see a distraction circus on the horizon... which, come to think of it, Rex Ryan seems to have no problem with.

Br0nc0Buster
04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
This one has a better chance than the "Vince Young will win multiple superbowls with the Titans" prediction from a few years ago

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 02:48 PM

There's also the fact that once again EFX lowballed themselves before the trade negotiations even started...

HorseHead
04-27-2012, 02:53 PM
I bet Tebow has nicer feet than Ryan's wife...

barryr
04-27-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't watch Bayless much, but seems like he is having some uncomfortable times on ESPN lately. First busted about his high school career, which wasn't much, and just today I think it was he was making a point about pass rushers not putting up numbers, Coples I think in particular, but was corrected by someone else that a player he said didn't do much, Gholston of the Jets, had great stats in college, which made his point wrong, and had the look of not sure what to do. I felt kind of sorry for him.

TheFullTebow
04-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Get over it or get a jets jersey.

I have and anyone with half a brain should do it too. He's the greatest football player of our generation, a franchise face QB for many years to come and you just don't trade that for a patched up fossil with three years left in the tank. Elway will be sorry, you all will be sorry Go Jets!

Armchair Bronco
04-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't watch Bayless much, but seems like he is having some uncomfortable times on ESPN lately. First busted about his high school career, which wasn't much, and just today I think it was he was making a point about pass rushers not putting up numbers, Coples I think in particular, but was corrected by someone else that a player he said didn't do much, Gholston of the Jets, had great stats in college, which made his point wrong, and had the look of not sure what to do. I felt kind of sorry for him.

Maybe so, but he's been consistently right about Tebow. He loved him (in a Man Crush Way) when Tebow was in college. He said that Tebow would be a force in the NFL if a team would just give him a chance.

After Josh McStalin was fired, Bayless said we'd get to see some of Tebow's greatness, and we did. And Bayless was WAY ahead of the naysayers last year predicting that Tebow might just lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Which he did.

He also predicted that Elway would never buy in to Tebow and that Tebow would likely be traded during the offseason. And he was. Skip said this even when Tebowmania was at its height.

No matter how you slice it, Bayless has been right about Tebow most of the time.

Jay3
04-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Maybe so, but he's been consistently right about Tebow. He loved him (in a Man Crush Way) when Tebow was in college. He said that Tebow would be a force in the NFL if a team would just give him a chance.

After Josh McStalin was fired, Bayless said we'd get to see some of Tebow's greatness, and we did. And Bayless was WAY ahead of the naysayers last year predicting that Tebow might just lead the Broncos to the playoffs. Which he did.

He also predicted that Elway would never buy in to Tebow and that Tebow would likely be traded during the offseason. And he was. Skip said this even when Tebowmania was at its height.

No matter how you slice it, Bayless has been right about Tebow most of the time.

He was just as right if not more right about Cam Newton, start to finish. Well before he started to look like the #1 pick.

He's right about Lebron.

He's right about Durant and Westbrook.

He's right about the Knicks, a la Melo and Stoudemire.

El Minion
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wWKjpF42VZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kaylore
06-27-2012, 02:44 PM
I think if Tebow developed into a starting QB, even an average one, it would only be good for the NFL.

Jay3
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
He's right about Lebron.

Fail.

oubronco
06-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Skip sucks and so does Tebow get over it or go to the Jets forum

UberBroncoMan
06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Skip is literally a character on ESPN. Scripted up the wazoo. He's not a real person.

UberBroncoMan
06-27-2012, 04:56 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wWKjpF42VZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CkI5KWyPqSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoMan4ever
06-27-2012, 05:28 PM

Only because we lost a potentially great FB

Jetmeck
06-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I'll betcha TT gets 10-12 TDs this year............we shoulda kept him for goal line. dumbass trade

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 04:08 PM
I'll betcha TT gets 10-12 TDs this year............we shoulda kept him for goal line. dumbass trade

True, with all those issues Peyton Manning has had inside the RZ and all. :stupid:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serious-redzone-struggles-for-peyton-manning-colts

Mgrex's excellent winning factors series ran the numbers on the Colts redzone success from 2004 to 2008. In that 5 year span the Colts scored 225 TDs with 105 FGs on 371 trips to the redzone. 5.09 points per redzone appearance.

Jetmeck
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM
True, with all those issues Peyton Manning has had inside the RZ and all. :stupid:

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/serious-redzone-struggles-for-peyton-manning-colts

Mgrex's excellent winning factors series ran the numbers on the Colts redzone success from 2004 to 2008. In that 5 year span the Colts scored 225 TDs with 105 FGs on 371 trips to the redzone. 5.09 points per redzone appearance.

heh dumbass...........what part of having an excellent red zone option are you opposed to or do you just like to smart off ?

Also there is this..............the Broncos have been absolutely horrible in the red zone for years........look up those stats smartass...........

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 05:22 PM
heh dumbass...........what part of having an excellent red zone option are you opposed to or do you just like to smart off ?

Also there is this..............the Broncos have been absolutely horrible in the red zone for years........look up those stats smartass...........

LOL Denver RZ problems are over with Peyton Manning you retard. We don't need a gimmick player anymore. Manning wasn't coming off the field for Tebow dumbass and Tebow isn't going to be move to RB on our team.

Blueflame
06-28-2012, 05:33 PM

So.... is he a "smartass" or a "dumbass"... the two terms aren't interchangeable, so perhaps you need to decide which one he is... :P

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 05:36 PM
So.... is he a "smartass" or a "dumbass"... the two terms aren't interchangeable, so perhaps you need to decide which one he is... :P

Yeah I'm dumb for wanting to take a QB that has been in the top in scoring RZ points for YEARS in favor of Tebow. Or maybe he wants to change Tebows position. I'm sure that will happen.

ColoradoDarin
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
LOL Denver RZ problems are over with Peyton Manning you retard. We don't need a gimmick player anymore. Manning wasn't coming off the field for Tebow dumbass and Tebow isn't going to be move to RB on our team.

I hope our RZ woes are over, and in all likelihood they are, but it'd sure be nice to have some kind of insurance just in case, right?

Blueflame
06-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Yeah I'm dumb for wanting to take a QB that has been in the top in scoring RZ points for YEARS in favor of Tebow. Or maybe he wants to change Tebows position. I'm sure that will happen.

I'm delighted that we have Peyton Manning and am very much eager to see the team on the field.

Guess I'm also easily amused though... found it entertaining that he called you both (contradictory) names in a single post. :giggle:

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 06:07 PM
I hope our RZ woes are over, and in all likelihood they are, but it'd sure be nice to have some kind of insurance just in case, right?

Tebow would never ever see the field man.

DBroncos4life
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
I'm delighted that we have Peyton Manning and am very much eager to see the team on the field.

Guess I'm also easily amused though... found it entertaining that he called you both (contradictory) names in a single post. :giggle:
:giggle:
True.

Spider
06-28-2012, 06:16 PM
Rename this thread . Teboners die hard

R-Mac
06-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Sanchez is in a terrible situation. If the Jets really believe in Sanchez's development, they should have not added Tebow to the roster. They saw what happened in Denver. Orton certainly could not handle the pressure. It affected his game last season. That first half against the Chargers... That was not the regular Kyle Orton, who was able to at least protect the ball and manage the game. Sanchez does not have Orton's experience. I can't even say, without a doubt, that Sanchez is a better quarterback than Orton. Sanchez was already facing some criticism before Tebow arrived. It's fair to predict some turmoil there in New York.

Missouribronc
06-28-2012, 08:50 PM

See. This is where the dumbassery takes hold.

You're implying that no other player in the league, especially those on the Broncos could score in the Red Zone.

Do you comprehend how incredibly stupid that is?

BroncoBeavis
06-28-2012, 09:18 PM

You're implying that no other player in the league, especially those on the Broncos could score in the Red Zone.

It's almost like you skipped the 2009-2010 Denver Broncos.

Tombstone RJ
06-28-2012, 09:22 PM
...looking forward to Manning's effect on redzone scoring...

thomas
06-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Tebow probably will get some time. New York is a madhouse, and Sanchez is a moderate qb at his very best. Jets won't win 8 games this year...

lonestar
06-28-2012, 10:34 PM

While the passing side of that equation is most likely done.. we still have to be able to run the ball especially inside the 5, if for no other reason to keep the defense at home and honest..

The passing game should help but making holes down there will still be a problem IMO.

lonestar
06-28-2012, 10:37 PM
It's almost like you skipped the 2009-2010 Denver Broncos.

Was thinking much the same thin when I read it..

Now I was in favor of keeping Tebow just to run in the red zone.. But for him to learn from a master.. So we would have a QB in a few years..

John did not see it that way and got his QB in the big fellow..

lets hope he did not make a mistake..

canadianbroncosfan
06-29-2012, 03:18 AM

I appreciate the attempt at humor with posting this however why, oh why did a Tebow thread that sat dormant for two months have to get revisited. Can we all just please move on.

fontaine
06-29-2012, 04:44 AM
And that is the problem We downgraded our backup QB from Tebow to Hanie simply because the FO didn't feel like they could control public sentiment despite having Peyton Manning as the #1 QB.

Maybe, but you're also leaving out how the FO/coaches didn't want to have two entirely different offenses just to cater for a backup QB while working on fine tuning the primary offense to get the best out of a hall of fame QB.

Various offensive players have expressed their "relief" at going back to a real offense.

BroncoBeavis
06-29-2012, 05:55 AM
Maybe, but you're also leaving out how the FO/coaches didn't want to have two entirely different offenses just to cater for a backup QB while working on fine tuning the primary offense to get the best out of a hall of fame QB.

Various offensive players have expressed their "relief" at going back to a real offense.

There's only one problem with your theory. It's Caleb ****ing Hanie.

JLesSPE
06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
My two favorite Bronco topics. Skip Bayless, and the Jets backup QB. Regular season please get here.

ClamChowdah
06-29-2012, 01:44 PM
Hope so, good luck beating Brady and Belichick with Tim Tebow as your QB.

Jetmeck
06-29-2012, 02:42 PM

what I know is this.......you have proven your idiocy over and over here.

The more weapons you have the better your team will be..........
The more points you score the the more games you win.........
The more options in life or football is always a good thing.....
and lastly putting all you eggs in one basket when you had a really cheap backup plan and red zone option is just plain stupid..........

Tombstone RJ
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
There's only one problem with your theory. It's Caleb ****ing Hanie.

Yah, he's a better passer than Tebow. :yayaya:

BroncoBeavis
06-29-2012, 10:23 PM
Yah, he's a better passer than Tebow. :yayaya:

Yeah that 41 passer rating last year totally cemented it.

R-Mac
06-29-2012, 10:46 PM
Yeah that 41 passer rating last year totally cemented it.

Yep. 41.8 QB rate. Threw 3 interceptions in 3 of his 4 starts. Completed 50% or less of his passes in 3 of his 4 starts. Threw for less than 150 yards in 3 of his 4 starts. 3x more INTs than TDs. He can't throw. Hanie was easily the worst QB starting games in the NFL last season.

DBroncos4life
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM

and lastly putting all you eggs in one basket when you had a really cheap backup plan and red zone option is just plain stupid..........

Lol at you calling a back up QB a weapon. Hilarious!

canadianbroncosfan
06-29-2012, 11:22 PM
My two favorite Bronco topics. Skip Bayless, and the Jets backup QB. Regular season please get here.

Rep.

Bacchus
06-30-2012, 01:43 AM
I think the Jets are going to be a good tema this year. I think Sanchez will keep Tebow on the bench as a QB anyway.

Jay3
06-30-2012, 01:45 AM
Yep. 41.8 QB rate. Threw 3 interceptions in 3 of his 4 starts. Completed 50% or less of his passes in 3 of his 4 starts. Threw for less than 150 yards in 3 of his 4 starts. 3x more INTs than TDs. He can't throw. Hanie was easily the worst QB starting games in the NFL last season.

Seems like we swing back and forth, figuratively speaking, between (1) Tebow's worse than QB's like Hanie, and shouldn't be in the NFL; and (2) Tebow's not Peyton Manning.

There's a smidge of room between those two. When it suits them, Tebow's detractors switch the measuring stick to Peyton Manning.

maven
06-30-2012, 07:24 AM

Yes, lets take Manning out in the red zone and insert Tim Tebow....

Hilarious!

CEH
06-30-2012, 07:41 AM
Yes, lets take Manning out in the red zone and insert Tim Tebow....

Hilarious!

I always laugh at the ppl who want to keep Tebow . Fine keep Tebow as a football player red zone player but as a QB he will get zero physical reps during the TC and season. Not sure how they see him progressing here in Denver as a QB when he has so many things to work on

BroncoBeavis
06-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I always laugh at the ppl who want to keep Tebow . Fine keep Tebow as a football player red zone player but as a QB he will get zero physical reps during the TC and season. Not sure how they see him progressing here in Denver as a QB when he has so many things to work on

Funny, since we were repeatedly told how much Tebow should've already progressed without TC or reps. Oh and how Brock is totally gun' get groomed and ready to compete for championships off the bench when Peyton calls it a career.

errand
06-30-2012, 07:20 PM
Seems like we swing back and forth, figuratively speaking, between (1) Tebow's worse than QB's like Hanie, and shouldn't be in the NFL; and (2) Tebow's not Peyton Manning.

There's a smidge of room between those two. When it suits them, Tebow's detractors switch the measuring stick to Peyton Manning.

How about this:

Tebow is better than Hanie....but he's nowhere near Manning. Again, I contend it was Tebow's Bieber-esque fans that made him expendable in the front office's eyes. How else do you explain them being able to sign Manning but not keep a good guy like Tebow?

The only logical answer is they got tired of the circus clown act that followed him....

errand
06-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Funny, since we were repeatedly told how much Tebow should've already progressed without TC or reps. Oh and how Brock is totally gun' get groomed and ready to compete for championships off the bench when Peyton calls it a career.

Tebow had a training camp in '10...he had OTA's in '10...he had a shortened Training Camp in '11...and was named starter after SD game in week 5...which means he also had 12 weeks of starter reps in '11. He still struggled more often than not.

We get it, he's a great guy and easy to root for...but he's just not a very good QB, and he damn sure isn't a very good passer. Did it ever occur to you a bad throw is still a bad throw whether you're throwing the ball to you or Jerry Rice?

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
still dont understand why the jets got tebow after signing sanchez to an extension... why put more pressure on a young QBs shoulders? SMH

Bacchus
07-01-2012, 12:44 PM
still dont understand why the jets got tebow after signing sanchez to an extension... why put more pressure on a young QBs shoulders? SMH

The extension is basically a two year deal. They can cut him after two years with little consequence to the cap.

BroncoBeavis
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Tebow had a training camp in '10...he had OTA's in '10...he had a shortened Training Camp in '11...and was named starter after SD game in week 5...which means he also had 12 weeks of starter reps in '11. He still struggled more often than not.

We get it, he's a great guy and easy to root for...but he's just not a very good QB, and he damn sure isn't a very good passer. Did it ever occur to you a bad throw is still a bad throw whether you're throwing the ball to you or Jerry Rice?

It's almost like you didn't read the post I was responding to. Is that surprising? Heh.

DBroncos4life
12-28-2012, 11:13 AM

:rofl: With Tebow getting zero starts this year and ZERO TDs this seems like a good time to bump this :thumbs:

DarkHorse30
12-28-2012, 11:46 AM
:rofl: With Tebow getting zero starts this year and ZERO TDs this seems like a good time to bump this :thumbs:

My question is why the all-knowing, all-seeing, all-powerful Rex Ryan forgot to use Tebow on goal line - his best skill set

Gutless Drunk
12-28-2012, 11:59 AM

LOL

errand
12-28-2012, 12:05 PM
I have and anyone with half a brain should do it too. He's the greatest football player of our generation, a franchise face QB for many years to come and you just don't trade that for a patched up fossil with three years left in the tank. Elway will be sorry, you all will be sorry Go Jets!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
isnt it time we drop the ha ha we was right about Tebow and just wish him luck wherever he goes and be happy Manning got us to 12-3 soon to be 13-3 along with the defense .
in other words lets get back to the present and let tebow and the scrub jests wallow in the NFL muck along with the chefs . i used to think oh lets give Tebow another year with the broncos but well Manning proved to me on day 1 we should back him

Drunken.Broncoholic
12-28-2012, 12:27 PM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Pretty funny how these bozos disappeared. Ha! At "go jets". What a bunch of ****ing clueless football fans.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Pretty funny how these bozos disappeared. Ha! At "go jets". What a bunch of ****ing clueless football fans.

they wasnt bronco fans and if i just may say f**k em i also was a tebow fan but im a bronco fan first also a shanahan fan Kubiak fan Elway fan,
and those fans who abandon the broncos are garbage fans who needs them im shure soon as the broncos win a superbowl they be coming right back. or maybe they all changed thier names

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
they wasnt bronco fans and if i just may say **** em i also was a tebow fan but im a bronco fan first also a shanahan fan Kubiak fan Elway fan,
and those fans who abandon the broncos are garbage fans who needs them im shure soon as the broncos win a superbowl they be coming right back. or maybe they all changed thier names

The most annoying posts were the ones that claimed as fact that Elway was afraid of Tebow breaking his records and intentionally went out of his way to ensure that Tebow wasn't given a chance. So absurd... and yet it was posted on a Broncos forum. SMH.

Kaylore
12-28-2012, 01:12 PM
The most annoying posts were the ones that claimed as fact that Elway was afraid of Tebow breaking his records and intentionally went out of his way to ensure that Tebow wasn't given a chance. So absurd... and yet it was posted on a Broncos forum. SMH.

The GM, Head Coach and coordinators were all jealous of Tebow and would rather lose (because that would make them look better?) than play Tebow. Funny thread.

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 01:18 PM
The GM, Head Coach and coordinators were all jealous of Tebow and would rather lose (because that would make them look better?) than play Tebow. Funny thread.

And now the list of people who are jealous of Tebow and would rather lose... supposedly includes Rex Ryan and the Jest FO. Next year, it will be same story different verse about the Jags.

Elway did and does deserve better from Broncos fans though. And it's clear from the perspective of hindsight that his instincts were right on the money; the Manning acquisition was a masterful decision and he went about it with confidence and strength in the face of harsh criticism.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 02:04 PM
fact Tebow is a super nice guy he wants to win games he tries his best but the guy isnt a great QB he needs to really try and improve his QB skills .does he not see the cold hard truth he isnt quite a NFL caliber QB yet.
also wtf is with is fans i was a tebow fan but it was only because he was a Denver Bronco im a fan of any QB, player thats a Bronco , but his fans are just a hair above beiber tard fans. ie muck gruder why are they such tards ?

Kaylore
12-28-2012, 02:09 PM
And now the list of people who are jealous of Tebow and would rather lose... supposedly includes Rex Ryan and the Jest FO. Next year, it will be same story different verse about the Jags.

Elway did and does deserve better from Broncos fans though. And it's clear from the perspective of hindsight that his instincts were right on the money; the Manning acquisition was a masterful decision and he went about it with confidence and strength in the face of harsh criticism.

I think Rex may have been onboard with Tebow at one time. Then they saw him in practice and saw he's the worst practice QB in the entire NFL. I also think he's keeping Tebow on the bench out of fear. Fear for losing the locker room since they see him every day, and probably a little fear that if Tebow does well, the NY press and everyone will ask why he didn't play Tebow more.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 02:12 PM

damn bet elway is pissed now manning broke some of his records already. im shure before manning breaks any more of his records elway will snap manning neck and frame Tebow. also elway fears tebow so he used his evil powers and made the jets bench tebow.:rofl:

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
jets should play tebow how bad can the jets be they suck . put tebow out there and let him try to play QB . oh Tebow fans like muckgruder are tin foil hat loons , im shure they will create another excuse, ill say it again good riddance to bad rubbish ie fake bronco fans

Armchair Bronco
12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Hey, someone resurrected my old thread!

I always thought that voting on predictions by guys like Bayless and the pundits at ESPN would be fun, but my site (https://www.ipredikt.com) just hasn't generated the kind of traction I was hoping for.

Talk about a failed prediction, this one was 100% off the mark!

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I think Rex may have been onboard with Tebow at one time. Then they saw him in practice and saw he's the worst practice QB in the entire NFL. I also think he's keeping Tebow on the bench out of fear. Fear for losing the locker room since they see him every day, and probably a little fear that if Tebow does well, the NY press and everyone will ask why he didn't play Tebow more.

I think you're right... and going a step further, I think Elway was on board with Tebow at first too. Until he saw Tebow throw the ball in training camp. No one's gonna recognize "what it takes to succeed as a QB in the NFL" (or go "holy crap, this guy can't throw the ball!") like a HOF QB. He's been there and done that and it's mind-boggling that some fans thought he didn't know what he was doing. And even further that some go to such huge reaches to "explain" with tinfoil hat conspiracy theories... something that really is as simple as: no one ever instilled Tebow with basic QB mechanics and his performance suffers because he lacks these essential tools... and most likely cannot succeed without them.

Blueflame
12-28-2012, 03:36 PM
damn bet elway is pissed now manning broke some of his records already. im shure before manning breaks any more of his records elway will snap manning neck and frame Tebow. also elway fears tebow so he used his evil powers and made the jets bench tebow.:rofl:

Yep... a guy who's "so psychologically insecure over his records that he intentionally sabotages the career of one QB"... always goes out and gets the QB who's on pace to own the record books.

Tombstone RJ
12-28-2012, 03:42 PM
I think you're right... and going a step further, I think Elway was on board with Tebow at first too. Until he saw Tebow throw the ball in training camp. No one's gonna recognize "what it takes to succeed as a QB in the NFL" (or go "holy crap, this guy can't throw the ball!") like a HOF QB. He's been there and done that and it's mind-boggling that some fans thought he didn't know what he was doing. And even further that some go to such huge reaches to "explain" with tinfoil hat conspiracy theories... something that really is as simple as: no one ever instilled Tebow with basic QB mechanics and his performance suffers because he lacks these essential tools... and most likely cannot succeed without them.

TT is a MLB playing QB. He throws the ball like a javelin with a big long delivery. He's got bad, bad mechanics and to this point he hasn't done much to change these problems. I know McD was working with him to change his delivery but I don't think TT has stuck with the training, but I could be wrong.

If TT wants people to take him seriously he's gonna have to bite the bullet and force himself to change, and that is very hard to do, especially at this point in his career.

Missouribronc
12-28-2012, 08:46 PM

Zero touchdowns later...