PDA

View Full Version : Denver has 6 of the next 90 picks!

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 08:41 PM
The draft starts tomorrow who do they choose?

Archer81
04-26-2012, 08:43 PM
Fleener @ 36. Unless Denver trades down again.

WTF knows.

:Broncos:

Rolandftw
04-26-2012, 08:44 PM
i think they're more likely to trade up... acquire an extra 3rd rounder or something.

I have no idea who they will take at 36

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
The draft starts tomorrow who do they choose?

Don't try to stir any excitement Bacchus. The Mane is in full on fire John Elway butt-hurt mode.

LonghornBronco
04-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Worthy and Fleener are still on the board.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Go with Worthy and then trade up and get a Guard and some secondary depth...

...no more worthless draft value trades!

Broncobiv
04-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Let's hope Fleener goes to the Colts just before we're on the clock...

I don't think I could stomach drafting 2 TE's in last year's draft, signing 2 FA TE's this offseason, and then using our very first pick in this draft on a TE. :TJnPopps:

RunSilentRunDeep
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
No, no. Haven't you heard the world is ending? They're up in four picks with Jerel Worthy, Cordy Glenn, Stephen Hill, Devon Still and Kendall Reyes on the board. Everyone of those guys were first-round wishes yesterday, but since Premature Selection is a common problem among maners, feelings of depression and inadequacy have sunk in.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM

I don't think I could stomach drafting 2 TE's in last year's draft, signing 2 FA TE's this offseason, and then using our very first pick in this draft on a TE. :TJnPopps:

I'd eat lightly tomorrow evening.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM

Fleener and Luck together...:strong:

Heyneck
04-26-2012, 08:51 PM
I think Fleener goes to IND, STL or BAL. He wont make it to us. In Indy he would pair up with his bud again... plus I don't think they have a TE (worth an opening roster spot). STL could really use a weapon like Fleener. And BAL could try and duplicate the 2 strong receiving option TE trend.

At 36 I would be e ecstatic with Fleener, Still, Worthy or Jenkins!

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
We better draft David.

Broncobiv
04-26-2012, 08:54 PM
No, no. Haven't you heard the world is ending? They're up in four picks with Jerel Worthy, Cordy Glenn, Stephen Hill, Devon Still and Kendall Reyes on the board. Everyone of those guys were first-round wishes yesterday, but since Premature Selection is a common problem among maners, feelings of depression and inadequacy have sunk in.

Just curious about the font change for your last 4 words... :ouwknow:

BroncoInferno
Never mind the fact that many of these dumbasses would have been thrilled with Worthy, Still, Fleener, Reyes, etc. @ #25....they've gotta bitch about something.

BroncoBeavis
Don't try to stir any excitement Bacchus. The Mane is in full on fire John Elway butt-hurt mode.

Yeah. Just imagine if they keep trading back until they have 12 of the next 14 picks in the 7th round! Wow what a deal! Hilarious!

CEH
I'm sticking with Lamarr Miller

razorwire77

Not to mention a convenient opportunity for the jilted Tebow lovers to demand that John Elway's dog be shot.

MVP-06
04-26-2012, 08:55 PM
David and Ta'amu

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Yeah. Just imagine if they keep trading back until they have 12 of the next 14 picks in the 7th round! Wow what a deal! Hilarious!

http://olemissgolfcourse.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tebow.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/he_gone_tshirt-p235050725256078451z7tqq_400.jpg

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
A lot of people are complaining about the value we got in trade(s), but I see it was a major move and actually beneficial. Acquiring #126 from the Patriots ended up becoming the #101 pick. Adding a late-fourth, but moving up a majority of the round. The Ravens ended up getting the #98 pick by trading with Arizona. So oh well.

As it sounds, Elway is confident in the value there. With Worthy, Reyes, Ta'amu, Still and Thompson, Denver can have one of their guys on the line for sure. I just really hope they stay away from Billy Winn. Drafting him over those guys would be a huge mistake. My guess is it is Lamar Miller when 36 comes around. He won't bet here @ 57 now that Martin and Wilson are off the board.

Overall, those trades give us (36) (57) (87) (101) (108) (120) (137) and (188) respectively.

That is an incredible haul of value in this draft from the late third to early fifth round. I wouldn't doubt Denver moving one of those fourth's with their later selection to get a higher targeted player in round three or two. Elway was hoping for three to four impact guys, and that trade allows them to do that.

Go Broncos. I'll be up all night.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
We have too many picks relative to prospects and roster spots available.

Not even counting UFA.

Teams typically do not cut 4th round picks or better their first year. Hell, look at our third round pick Nate Irving.

We have two 2nd's, one 3rd, three 4th's. That's six spots.

Unless we're aiming to cut a looooot of people this training camp I expect us to make some packages to cut down our rookie count and obtain better talent.

MVP-06
04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I can't find anything on it. Drafttek shows us with Tampa's third round pick at 68. I hope this isn't a mistake. Everything else on their site appears accurate.

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm sticking with Lamarr Miller

BINGO.... I believe he'll be Denver's selection as well. A big weapon for Manning with hints of CLinton Portis.

BowlenBall
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
I mentioned this in another thread, but I can't find anything on it. Drafttek shows us with Tampa's third round pick at 68. I hope this isn't a mistake. Everything else on their site appears accurate.

NFL.com has T.B. with #63 -- I think they're a little more trustworthy than Drafttek.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM

Nah, Denver got the #126 with New England and popped that into #101 when we moved into the second from Tampa Bay.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm guessing it goes like this tomorrow:

Rams - Cordy Glenn
Colts - Fleener
Ravens - Stephen Hill

That leaves Worthy, Reyes and Randle. If we walk away with Worthy, that makes things better. If they do some kind of ridiculous reach with the pick, which is what I fear, then not so good.

Hulamau

Fleener could play WR with Manning throwing the rock.

MVP-06
Just making sure, trying to keep people from offing themselves

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 09:19 PM
A lot of people are complaining about the value we got in trade(s), but I see it was a major move and actually beneficial. Acquiring #126 from the Patriots ended up becoming the #101 pick. Adding a late-fourth, but moving up a majority of the round. The Ravens ended up getting the #98 pick by trading with Arizona. So oh well.

As it sounds, Elway is confident in the value there. With Worthy, Reyes, Ta'amu, Still and Thompson, Denver can have one of their guys on the line for sure. I just really hope they stay away from Billy Winn. Drafting him over those guys would be a huge mistake. My guess is it is Lamar Miller when 36 comes around. He won't bet here @ 57 now that Martin and Wilson are off the board.

Overall, those trades give us (36) (57) (87) (101) (108) (120) (137) and (188) respectively.

That is an incredible haul of value in this draft from the late third to early fifth round. I wouldn't doubt Denver moving one of those fourth's with their later selection to get a higher targeted player in round three or two. Elway was hoping for three to four impact guys, and that trade allows them to do that.

Go Broncos. I'll be up all night.

I think people are upset the Broncos didn't get more compensation for the trade downs. I'll be happy with Still and Reyes (I doubt Still will be there so maybe Thompson or Worthy) but the Broncos should have netted another pick. If they would have gotten another pick they most certainly could have moved around better. We shall see...

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I think people are upset the Broncos didn't get more compensation for the trade downs. I'll be happy with Still and Reyes (I doubt Still will be there so maybe Thompson or Worthy) but the Broncos should have netted another pick. If they would have gotten another pick they most certainly could have moved around better. We shall see...

In the end, I think the Broncos get a (W) because the guy they were probably going to take in the first at their positions of need are going to be better values risk-wise and financially in the second. Sure, I'd of liked more -- but my guys I want are still there. :~ohyah!:

colonelbeef
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
The people who are criticizing Elway (before he has even made the picks- idiotic of course) are probably the same people who thought Josh McDaniels was doing a good job running the Broncos.

Elway has made all the right moves- We have Von Miller and Peyton Manning as a direct result of his managerial skills- I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 09:38 PM

Not even counting UFA.

Teams typically do not cut 4th round picks or better their first year. Hell, look at our third round pick Nate Irving.

Unless we're aiming to cut a looooot of people this training camp I expect us to make some packages to cut down our rookie count and obtain better talent.

I thought we had a lot of roster spots this year because of guys we moved, or let go FA?

baja
04-26-2012, 09:41 PM
As far as position and value McD traded the ass off on Elway. Granted he did not do all that well with the picks but he moved around the board very well.

Bigdawg26
04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
I would give it an A+ if we get lamar miller with tampa's 2nd then that big DT Ta'amu with the other pick in the second. I really didn't think anybody was worth it after Kirkpatrick was off the board. Still kinda pissed Wilson was drafted by the giants. I wanted him the most.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-26-2012, 09:47 PM
If we walked out of the second with, say, Randle and Wolfe? I'd be OK with that.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
As far as position and value McD traded the ass off on Elway. Granted he did not do all that well with the picks but he moved around the board very well.
So much fail in this post. Hilarious!

Hamrob
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Look, folks can Kiss Elway's ass all they want. He's the best QB to ever play in my mind!

However, that doesn't change the fact:

The Broncos got terrible value for trading back to 31 with NE. Terrible. There is no denying it!

Then, the trade back to 36 wasn't all that great either. Really, they got taken.

Make excuses, kiss JE's ass, do whatever you want....but, folks will be talking about how we got fleeced.

They need to take Hill, Worthy, or Reyes to even try to save face.

If they take a kid like Osweiler at #36...well, then you all need to apologize!!!

snowspot66
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
(36) (57) (87) (101) (108) (120) (137)

That's awesome. Considering the values set forward today for trading up we could easily package the 120 and 137 to get another 10 to 20 spots on 87 and 101. If the guys they want are there I think we end up with possibly three 2nd and two third round picks. Assuming they get in the mood to trade up of course.

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
In the end, I think the Broncos get a (W) because the guy they were probably going to take in the first at their positions of need are going to be better values risk-wise and financially in the second. Sure, I'd of liked more -- but my guys I want are still there. :~ohyah!:

Again. The issue isn't moving back; I have no problem there. It's who goes off the board in the 20 picks before #87 and #101.

snowspot66
Look, folks can Kiss Elway's ass all they want. He's the best QB to ever play in my mind!

However, that doesn't change the fact:

The Broncos got terrible value for trading back to 31 with NE. Terrible. There is no denying it!

Then, the trade back to 36 wasn't all that great either. Really, they got taken.

Make excuses, kiss JE's ass, do whatever you want....but, folks will be talking about how we got fleeced.

They need to take Hill, Worthy, or Reyes to even try to save face.

If they take a kid like Osweiler at #36...well, then you all need to apologize!!!

Yes. I'm sure the entire national media and other teams will be talking about how we got jobbed out of a late fourth round pick.

baja
So much fail in this post. Hilarious!

So much denial in this response

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Again. The issue isn't moving back; I have no problem there. It's who goes off the board in the 20 picks before #87 and #101.

My guess is Denver will be making a higher selection than what they have right now to get a better value player. If they get their target guy @ 36, while being able to use that selection obtained to be able to make a play at another Top 50 player, that is sexy.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Really this is like cock blocking everyone at the bar to get the hottest girl all while knowing you are a eunuch.

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
My guess is Denver will be making a higher selection than what they have right now to get a better value player. If they get their target guy @ 36, while being able to use that selection obtained to be able to make a play at another Top 50 player, that is sexy.

That's the point. If they want to move up now, they have less ammo than they should.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:00 PM
That's the point. If they want to move up now, they have less ammo than they should.

If Denver gets their target guy they were considering in the first @ our pick in the second and is able to move up and get another guy of higher value, I'm all for it. That is my point. Getting a targeted player, while getting one with better impact potential is fine. They could use their high fourth and a fifth to get back to back selections in the third if they so pleased. Works for me.

baja
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM

You can only make the trade that is available. Should have snubbed NE and taken Worthy (or whoever we wanted all along) @ 25 because the free pick wasn't high enough and looks "bad" to the fans on the OM?

Bronco Rob
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM
Jerel Worthy
Devon Still
Kendall Reyes
Stephen Hill
Derek Wolfe
Lavonte David
LaMichael James
Lamar Miller

Wes Mantooth
04-26-2012, 10:06 PM

so McD got into good draft position and then sucked drafting players?

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 10:07 PM
You can only make the trade that is available. Should have snubbed NE and taken Worthy (or whoever we wanted all along) @ 25 because the free pick wasn't high enough and looks "bad" to the fans on the OM?

I think Denver had a couple of players selected when they weren't there they decided days ago they were going to trade down. I assume they got what they could.

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
If Denver gets their target guy they were considering in the first @ our pick in the second and is able to move up and get another guy of higher value, I'm all for it. That is my point. Getting a targeted player, while getting one with better impact potential is fine. They could use their high fourth and a fifth to get back to back selections in the third if they so pleased. Works for me.

And if their "guy" goes off the board 4 picks before the highest pick they can now get in trade?

baja
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
so McD got into good draft position and then sucked drafting players?

correct.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:09 PM
And if their "guy" goes off the board 4 picks before the highest pick they can now get in trade?

I'm sure it's down to Worthy, Reyes, Miller and Konz. I bet one of those four will be there for them. :wave:

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 10:10 PM
I think Denver had a couple of players selected when they weren't there they decided days ago they were going to trade down. I assume they got what they could.

That's a tough stance to hold given Baltimore's haul.

Dedhed
I'm sure it's down to Worthy, Reyes, Miller and Konz. I bet one of those four will be there for them. :wave:

YET AGAIN. NOT THE POINT.

JCMElway

^this

baja
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
That's a tough stance to hold given Baltimore's haul.

Why

Maybe Minni was desperate. It's not like you got all day to shop around for the best deal. These decisions are made in minutes. Choices are limited.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:13 PM
YET AGAIN. NOT THE POINT.

You are arguing prospective value on a trade return.

I'm content that the Broncos are going to get the guys they were targeting 10 picks earlier and at the same time, acquiring another pick.

I get your point, but you are just being a whiny biznatch. :curtsey:

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 10:14 PM

Again. It's not about #36. It's everything after.

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
You are arguing prospective value on a trade return.

I'm content that the Broncos are going to get the guys they were targeting 10 picks earlier and at the same time, acquiring another pick.

I get your point, but you are just being a whiny biznatch. :curtsey:

Does adding emoticons make you think you've made a point?

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
Does adding emoticons make you think you've made a point?

I like emoticons. How about you? :puff:

Dedhed
04-26-2012, 10:29 PM
I like emoticons. How about you? :puff:

They're for dimwits who can't express themselves adequately with the written word.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 10:33 PM
They're for dimwits who can't express themselves adequately with the written word.

Requiem has the mind of a retarded monkey, and he expresses that very well actually.

McDman
04-26-2012, 10:38 PM
http://olemissgolfcourse.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/tebow.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/he_gone_tshirt-p235050725256078451z7tqq_400.jpg

Do women find him good looking? How about you, Sir?

He just doesn't seem like a guy who'd work the ladies if he wasn't famous.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Do women find him good looking? How about you, Sir?

He just doesn't seem like a guy who'd work the ladies if he wasn't famous.

I'd **** him. Hard.

And marry him. Dark hair and blue eyes? Game over.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
I think St Louis takes Hill. Indi takes Konz, and Baltimore will take Glenn. Leaving the Broncos with Worthy or Fleener.

And despite what they have said (Manning will not impact draft) Fleener will be a Bronco.

If I am wrong...well...then I'm wrong. What's the worst the board is going to do? Call me a homo?

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Jerel Worthy
Devon Still
Kendall Reyes
Stephen Hill
Derek Wolfe
Lavonte David
LaMichael James
Lamar Miller

hmmmmm... Miller, Worthy, Reyes, Stills

McDman
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I think St Louis takes Hill. Indi takes Konz, and Baltimore will take Glenn. Leaving the Broncos with Worthy or Fleener.

And despite what they have said (Manning will not impact draft) Fleener will be a Bronco.

If I am wrong...well...then I'm wrong. What's the worst the board is going to do? Call me a homo?

You're so gay.

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 10:47 PM
I'd **** him. Hard.

Republicans do not believe in Gay marriage.

Does your Gaydar go off when you see Tebow?

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Republicans do not believe in Gay marriage.

Does your Gaydar go off when you see Tebow?

I could care less what republicans think, being that I am not one.

It does go off. From the first time I heard him speak. I hope he learns it is possible to have a relationship with God and still be gay. God does not make mistakes.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:51 PM
You're so gay.

happily so, good sir.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:53 PM
I'd **** him. Hard.

I think you have a better chance then Taylor Swift and Kim combined. :~ohyah!:

Chris
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM

_i_O_i_

McDman
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM
I could care less what republicans think, being that I am not one.

It does go off. From the first time I heard him speak. I hope he learns it is possible to have a relationship with God and still be gay. God does not make mistakes.

I've always thought he may be a little sweet too. Got a little too much sugar in the tank.

Buuut I did meet some girls who hated hima nd when I inquired why they satrted calling him fake and a liar. Apparently he banged their best friend and they thought he was a POS for saying he was a virgin. I talked to them for awhile and I believe them but who knows.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Worthy and Fleener are still on the board.

They have the fourth pick... Worthy, Fleener, Konz and Cordy Glenn are all still available.

I would have been satisfied with any of them at 25.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:57 PM
I think you have a better chance then Taylor Swift and Kim combined. :~ohyah!:

Tell you right now. 1 hour with me and the dude's throwing motion would be fixed in a heart beat.

I kid, I kid..

30 minutes or less.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Tell you right now. 1 hour with me and the dude's throwing motion would be fixed in a heart beat.

I kid, I kid..

30 minutes or less.

I hope not we traded him, so leave him alone. :flower:

BroncoBeavis
04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I've always thought he may be a little sweet too. Got a little too much sugar in the tank.

Buuut I did meet some girls who hated hima nd when I inquired why they satrted calling him fake and a liar. Apparently he banged their best friend and they thought he was a POS for saying he was a virgin. I talked to them for awhile and I believe them but who knows.

Did they do it on the 12:33a LODO lightrail?

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:59 PM

I dont care if he is gay (honestly) and can understand why he would not want to admit to it. He already gets **** for being what he is now. He admits he's gay? That's a world of pain.

I've heard similar stories about Tebow conquests, but the only people who know are Tebow and the chick he allegedly sworded. But watching him move and how he interacts and whatnot...dude is a little akward. That goes away when you get laid. Its hard to explain what I mean, but he does it. Little nervous tics.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I hope not we traded him, so leave him alone. :flower:

I know. Hence why I was upset.

Way to go Xanders. Get that kid some ass and see a world of difference.

uplink
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
The broncos will trade a 3rd and 4th to get another 2nd rounder. With the three 2nd round picks they will get: 1) L. Miller, 2) (Reyes, still, Worthy, Wolfe, or Winn), a 3) CB

With the 2 left over 4th rounders they will take a LB and an offensive lineman. With the 5th and 6th round picks they take some guy who can return punts and they will take a DE.

Great13
04-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Worthy, Still, blah blah blah. Thompson has to be the guy. Look at his tape... He dominated. Go back to last year... He and Jenkins made Bowers what he was. But then again I thought we wanted Perry. He's going to be my Ed Reed. Get used to it. Although I don't post much.. so maybe not. Someone mentioned earlier about trading back into round 2. Not a bad idea.. Thompson and Miller sounds good to me.. we need a game breaker on O. James doesn't seem to tickle their fancy if you believe the reports. But looking at what Sproles does to defenses, I can't see why not. Enough bickering, let's get back to football Yall. This ain't a Chiefs board. Imagine that... Being a Chiefs fan. I shudder at the thought.

Great13
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
No, seriously... Imagine being a Chiefs fan.

McDman
04-26-2012, 11:23 PM
No, seriously... Imagine being a Chiefs fan.

I just tasted bile thinking about it.

Boomhauer
04-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Broncos' Day2 Picks

Rnd 2 #36(4th) : Broncos need to draft either Jerel Worthy, Brandon Thompson or equivalent DT here. They could also draft CB Janoris Jenkins and hope to get Thompson or equivalent later in the 2nd round with some trading.

Rnd 2 #57(25th) : Leaving this open for BPA (DE, WR Rishard Matthews, etc) or pick swapping.

Rnd 3 #87(25th) and Rnd 4 #101(6th) : I'd like to see the Broncos target a RB like Cyrus Gray or Tauren Poole and another DT like Derek Wolfe or Kheeston Randall with these two. There's great value here for guys that could contribute, or even start this year.

Rnd 4 #108(13th) : Unlike almost all other NFL OLines, Broncos OC JD Walton has been sliding to help out our crap LG in protection instead of excellent RG where the best DT lines up. With Kuper probably not 100% this season, Walton will likely slide back and leave the pathetic Beadles exposed. This is a major problem that the Bronco should address here by drafting Brandon Washington, Senio Kelemete or equivalent so Peyton isn't getting pancaked by inside rushers all season.

Rnd 4 #120(25th) : Leaving this on open for BPA (MLB, WR Keshawn Martin, etc) or pick swapping.

sgbfan
04-27-2012, 12:51 AM
I think the Broncos are going to trade up to 33 with 36 and 108 to assure they get their guy to start the 2nd round!

lonestar
04-27-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm sure the tin foil morons will soon start blabbing on about we traded back to save money since pat is broke.

Boomhauer
04-27-2012, 01:07 AM
The broncos will trade a 3rd and 4th to get another 2nd rounder. With the three 2nd round picks they will get: 1) L. Miller, 2) (Reyes, still, Worthy, Wolfe, or Winn), a 3) CB
With the 2 left over 4th rounders they will take a LB and an offensive lineman. With the 5th and 6th round picks they take some guy who can return punts and they will take a DE.
I could live with that. Only thing I'd change is bumping your 4th Rnd LB into your KR spot (Miller or the CB could do that) and drafting another DT in the 4th instead.

RADRHATR
04-27-2012, 01:20 AM
Day 2 will go like this St Louis takes WR Hill, Indi takes TE Fleener, Balt takes DB Jenkins, Denver Takes the guy they knew would drop here DT Worthy THEN they trade up to get QB Osweller, I don't like it but it just seems like that's the direction.

fontaine
04-27-2012, 03:42 AM
The people who are criticizing Elway (before he has even made the picks- idiotic of course) are probably the same people who thought Josh McDaniels was doing a good job running the Broncos.

Elway has made all the right moves- We have Von Miller and Peyton Manning as a direct result of his managerial skills- I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Absolutely, it's no different that people crying and whining after just a few days of FA when the FO was patient and was hunting much bigger game while some were too busy crying about the little guppies that were getting away.

fontaine
04-27-2012, 03:45 AM

Yeah, trading away a future (high) first round pick for an early second for Alphonso Smith was real value allright.

cutthemdown
04-27-2012, 03:48 AM

Its a let down to not get the pick in first round, but really for a team that needed depth those are some good players still around. I really like Reyes. He can play Dend and slide to DT on passing downs. Exactly the type of DT Broncos like IMO. Glenn could step right in at guard on our team. Still would be a big run clogger. Still some good picks with that 2nd round that were projected to be possible first round picks.

I'm pretty stoked because Broncos needed depth and looks like they have some picks to grab some, and maybe still get a starter for the defensive or offensive lines.

ol#7
04-27-2012, 04:50 AM
Absolutely, it's no different that people crying and whining after just a few days of FA when the FO was patient and was hunting much bigger game while some were too busy crying about the little guppies that were getting away.

That is a valid criticism. Without landing Manning, the offseason would have been a TOTAL failure. As it is, they failed to capitalize on the immense amount of cap space to add complementary pieces for the win now Broncos.

But it's ok that they got raped on the Day 1 moves, because everything the Broncos and Elway do is glorious and we must bask in the greatness.

fontaine
04-27-2012, 05:06 AM
That is a valid criticism. Without landing Manning, the offseason would have been a TOTAL failure. As it is, they failed to capitalize on the immense amount of cap space to add complementary pieces for the win now Broncos.

Yes because Porter, Tamme, Dressen, Mike Adams are scrubs right? Each one of those players are superior to what we had last year at their respective positions.

But it's ok that they got raped on the Day 1 moves, because everything the Broncos and Elway do is glorious and we must bask in the greatness.

No, because we've got two guys in Fox/Del Rio who know more about DL players and how to develop them than some cute value charts that get thrown around.

Bottom line: The FO have more picks in rounds 2 through 4 than what they started off with and still have guys like Worthy/Still available who they might have picked up at 25.

The FO have setup this draft to fulfill the biggest areas of need at DL/OL/DB/RB without having to reach for one of those players at 25. No amount of complaining on fan perceived value is going to change that.

ol#7
04-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Yes because Porter, Tamme, Dressen, Mike Adams are scrubs right? Each one of those players are superior to what we had last year at their respective positions.

No, because we've got two guys in Fox/Del Rio who know more about DL players and how to develop them than some cute value charts that get thrown around.

Bottom line: The FO have more picks in rounds 2 through 4 than what they started off with and still have guys like Worthy/Still available who they might have picked up at 25.

The FO have setup this draft to fulfill the biggest areas of need at DL/OL/DB/RB without having to reach for one of those players at 25. No amount of complaining on fan perceived value is going to change that.

Are you really throwing a parade over Tamme, Dreesen and Adams (all value signings) or Porter (1 year deal) while losing Thomas and Bunkley?

It is not fan perceived value, Denver took less than any team in 20 years to move out of the first round.

barryr
04-27-2012, 05:42 AM

I'm ok with what the Broncos have done to this point, but you can't tell me back in February, there were many Bronco fans desperately wanting Tamme and Mike Adams of all players. I mentioned Porter myself way back before free agency hit, but that wasn't met with much excitement around here either.

fontaine
04-27-2012, 05:48 AM
I'm ok with what the Broncos have done to this point, but you can't tell me back in February, there were many Bronco fans desperately wanting Tamme and Mike Adams of all players. I mentioned Porter myself way back before free agency hit, but that wasn't met with much excitement around here either.

Fair enough, but when does fan consensus amount to the correct choice?

Mike Adams is a good fit here because he's a veteran safety who's good in pass coverage and won't need to be developed and will start immediately beside Carter and he didn't break the bank.

Tamme/Dressen are an ideal combo because they provide an entirely new dimension to our passing game which we haven't had for years.

To me it comes down to this: Impact players in FA are the guys that can come in from day 1 and play a large amount of snaps while upgrading that position immediately.

Did we get the elite DB/DT in free agency? No. But we got the elite player at the one position where it matters the most at QB.

socalorado
04-27-2012, 05:49 AM
I also think some of you are forgetting that DEN might be in the hunt for RB JStewart still as well. Which is why they were so quick to trade out again with TB.
CAR wants a 2nd, and DEN still need to address other areas.
I see DEN moving alot of their 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks along with even a 2013 2nd, to get 2 more 2nd round picks, for a total of 4 2nd rounders when its all said and done.
then i think they go after 2 DTs and a O-linemen or a CB and trade the last one to CAR for JStew.

fontaine
04-27-2012, 05:50 AM
Are you really throwing a parade over Tamme, Dreesen and Adams (all value signings) or Porter (1 year deal) while losing Thomas and Bunkley?

It is not fan perceived value, Denver took less than any team in 20 years to move out of the first round.

Look, let's just agree to disagree. You think the offseason would have been a "TOTAL" failure without signing Manning. Fine, stick with that.

barryr
04-27-2012, 05:50 AM
Fair enough, but when does fan consensus amount to the correct choice?

Mike Adams is a good fit here because he's a veteran safety who's good in pass coverage and won't need to be developed and will start immediately beside Carter and he didn't break the bank.

Tamme/Dressen are an ideal combo because they provide an entirely new dimension to our passing game which we haven't had for years.

To me it comes down to this: Impact players in FA are the guys that can come in from day 1 and play a large amount of snaps while upgrading that position immediately.

Did we get the elite DB/DT in free agency? No. But we got the elite player at the one position where it matters the most at QB.

And Manning comes with major risks as well, so we shall see about that one as well.

ol#7
04-27-2012, 05:57 AM
Look, let's just agree to disagree. You think the offseason would have been a "TOTAL" failure without signing Manning. Fine, stick with that.

I dont THINK that. it WOULD have been. That is if the Manning idea doesn't blow up in their faces anyway.

I just don't think that we should be throwing any parades about the moves the FO has made outside of one 36 year old QB.

With all of our cap space, if that had only translated into the players referenced minus PM, that would have been a complete and utter failure. They sat on their hands whil chasing $18. They had Del Rio meeting with our other supposed top targets for crying out loud, and apparently plan B was to throw $4 mil at Joe Mays. Color me impressed.

jhns
04-27-2012, 06:08 AM
It was pretty terrible value for those trades.

According to the draft value chart, 25 is 720 points. 36 and 101 are worth 636 points. The team trading back usually gets the better value. We gave up a ton of value. I'm not sure why you would defend that...

636 <<<<<< 720

That said, others are going way over the top with the fire everyone stuff.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 06:33 AM
It was pretty terrible value for those trades.

According to the draft value chart, 25 is 720 points. 36 and 101 are worth 636 points. The team trading back usually gets the better value. We gave up a ton of value. I'm not sure why you would defend that...

636 <<<<<< 720

That said, others are going way over the top with the fire everyone stuff.

Draft value chart can like my butthole. We added picks and will still get the player they wanted all along. That's a win.

jhns
04-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Draft value chart can like my butthole. We added picks and will still get the player they wanted all along. That's a win.

We have one extra 4th. Not picksssss...

Nobody gives up that much value when trading down. No one. Elway got raped, twice.

RunSilentRunDeep
04-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Again. It's not about #36. It's everything after.

Again, please give the specific team and compensation they could have had. You can't? Shocking.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 07:22 AM
Again, please give the specific team and compensation they could have had. You can't? Shocking.
Keep telling yourself that it was impossible while ignoring the fact that if we dealt with the Vikings they would have gotten a better pick in the first and we would have gotten 2 better picks.

It's not that hard.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Yeah, trading away a future (high) first round pick for an early second for Alphonso Smith was real value allright.

and then trading Smith for a backup TE was totally genius.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
We have one extra 4th. Not picksssss...

Nobody gives up that much value when trading down. No one. Elway got raped, twice.

One trade got them a fourth round pick and the last trade moved them ahead of 20 teams in the fourth round. Again when you are target specific players 20 places is an eternity. Was it great value? No? But it beats just sitting at #25 and picking someone you were going to select at #36 anyway.

They only trade down 11 spots.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Keep telling yourself that it was impossible while ignoring the fact that if we dealt with the Vikings they would have gotten a better pick in the first and we would have gotten 2 better picks.

It's not that hard.

You're assuming that the Vikes were ready to deal @ #25. You have no idea whether or not that's the case.

jhns
04-27-2012, 07:53 AM
One trade got them a fourth round pick and the last trade moved them ahead of 20 teams in the fourth round. Again when you are target specific players 20 places is an eternity. Was it great value? No? But it beats just sitting at #25 and picking someone you were going to select at #36 anyway.

They only trade down 11 spots.

The problem isn't that it wasn't great value. The problem is that this team got completely ripped off.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 07:57 AM
The problem isn't that it wasn't great value. The problem is that this team got completely ripped off.

Ok, so you would have rather just selected at #25. I get it. If there would have been a better deal I'm sure Denver would have taken it.

So much whining around here. Just like a bunch of girls. Are the butt-hurt Tebow lovers making most of the noise?

jhns
04-27-2012, 08:03 AM
Ok, so you would have rather just selected at #25. I get it. If there would have been a better deal I'm sure Denver would have taken it.

So much whining around here. Just like a bunch of girls. Are the butt-hurt Tebow lovers making most of the noise?

I stated a fact. You are acting like a little girl.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 08:11 AM
You're assuming that the Vikes were ready to deal @ #25. You have no idea whether or not that's the case.

That doesn't change the fact that the Vikings traded more for less. It's the FOs job to suss that out. They didn't.

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2012, 08:12 AM
has us taking Miller @ 36 and Worthy @ 57 and Osweiler @ 87

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1162076-2012-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-rounds-2-and-3#/articles/1162076-2012-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-rounds-2-and-3/page/2

BroncoBen
04-27-2012, 08:15 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1162076-2012-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-rounds-2-and-3#/articles/1162076-2012-nfl-mock-draft-predictions-for-rounds-2-and-3/page/2

Miller and Worthy I like... not so much the QB..

Tombstone RJ
04-27-2012, 08:16 AM

Osweiler won't happen...

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 08:21 AM

We got a FREE 4th rounder. And somehow we got ripped off? Der der der derrrrr.

jhns
04-27-2012, 08:29 AM
We got a FREE 4th rounder. And somehow we got ripped off? Der der der derrrrr.

Free? LOL

Try showing one other team that has given up that much value while trading down. Do you think this inexperienced front office is just smarter than everyone in the NFL?

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Still and James at this site

http://www.drafttek.com/CMDRound2_33-48.asp

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Free? LOL

Try showing one other team that has given up that much value while trading down. Do you think this inexperienced front office is just smarter than everyone in the NFL?

So what would you have done, assuming they couldn't get a better deal. Just take a player at 25 that would have been around in the early 2nd?

Rich Karlis
04-27-2012, 08:33 AM
from everyone's favorite @incarceratedbob-

**UPDATED DRAFT NEWS**Source: Broncos are keying in on RB -Miller (If they hold #36 pick) the 2nd best RB in draft has great value in 2ndrd

jhns
04-27-2012, 08:35 AM
So what would you have done, assuming they couldn't get a better deal. Just take a player at 25 that would have been around in the early 2nd?

I don't have the ability to talk to other front offices. I can't answer this question.

Again, do you just think that this inexperienced front office is smarter than every front office? Why do you think no other team allows themselves to lose that value? Are we the first to have our targetted players taken before our pick?

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't have the ability to talk to other front offices. I can't answer this question.

Oh, I see. So you can bitch and moan about it without offering up an alternative course of action.

Makes sense. Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 08:41 AM
Oh, I see. So you can b**** and moan about it without offering up an alternative course of action.

Call the Vikings.

baja
04-27-2012, 08:43 AM

It's not that hard.

What you are failing to take into consideration is the compression of time. Minni may have contacted Blt. first and found the terms acceptable and pulled the trigger. Denver may have never knew about Minni. looking to trade up. Things happen with lightening speed on draft day.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 08:45 AM
Denver may have never knew about Minni. looking to trade up.And you don't see that as a problem?

jhns
04-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Oh, I see. So you can b**** and moan about it without offering up an alternative course of action.

I don't argue with made up scenerios. I use facts. This team got ripped off. You are just too stupid to understand this.

baja
04-27-2012, 08:52 AM
And you don't see that as a problem?

I think you are being too critical without knowing the facts.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
I don't argue with made up scenerios. I use facts. This team got ripped off. You are just too stupid to understand this.

You aren't using facts. You're bitching about something when you don't have the facts. Big difference Derpenstein.

Fact #1: Front office didn't like any of the players projected 25-32.
Fact #2: They did something about it and got the best return they could.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 08:58 AM
I think you are being too critical without knowing the facts.
It's a fact that the Vikings gave up more for less. It's the FOs job to know that. I don't see ANY facts from your side of the argument, just the "maybe the Vikings weren't ready" defense.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 08:59 AM
You aren't using facts. You're b****ing about something when you don't have the facts. Big difference Derpenstein.

FACT: The Vikings gave up more for #29 than we got for #25.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Thompson and Miller sounds good to me.. we need a game breaker on O.

^
THIS

#36 - gamebreaker, or Konz
~#40 - Wolfe or Thompson

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Pretty clear to me that the Vikings didn't call us about #25 then so what they gave up for #29 is irrelevant.

You can only consider deals with teams that call you. What, are they supposed to call all 31 teams and ask what they will give up for #25 in a matter of minutes?

Or are you suggesting that the Vikings offered us a better deal for #25 and we didn't take it?

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 09:11 AM
I stated a fact. You are acting like a little girl.

You saying the team "got completely ripped off" is an opinion not a fact. If Denver is going to select the same person at 36 they would have at 25 and they took the best trade available to them then I would think they did a good job. THAT IS MY OPINION, not a fact.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 09:19 AM
Pretty clear to me that the Vikings didn't call us about #25 then so what they gave up for #29 is irrelevant.

You can only consider deals with teams that call you. What, are they supposed to call all 31 teams and ask what they will give up for #25 in a matter of minutes?Absolutely they should have calls in to all 31 teams, are you kidding? It's not a matter of minutes, they have the entire first round prior to pick #25 to suss out who might be looking to move up. 2+ hours.

Or are you suggesting that the Vikings offered us a better deal for #25 and we didn't take it? I'm saying nothing but the fact that the Vikings gave up more for less in return. You can try to attach absurdities to that by attempting to put words in my mouth, but I'm dealing only with the fact.

Bronco Boy
04-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Absolutely they should have calls in to all 31 teams, are you kidding? It's not a matter of minutes, they have the entire first round prior to pick #25 to suss out who might be looking to move up. 2+ hours.

I'm saying nothing but the fact that the Vikings gave up more for less in return. You can try to attach absurdities to that by attempting to put words in my mouth, but I'm dealing only with the fact.

Wow, you are extremely clueless about how the draft works. I'm done clicking view post on you (I have you on ignore). Good day sir.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Wow, you are extremely clueless about how the draft works. I'm done clicking view post on you (I have you on ignore). Good day sir.
Ok. Dodge the argument. Ignore is for pansies.

jhns
04-27-2012, 09:26 AM
You saying the team "got completely ripped off" is an opinion not a fact. If Denver is going to select the same person at 36 they would have at 25 and they took the best trade available to them then I would think they did a good job. THAT IS MY OPINION, not a fact.

I stated a fact. You don't like the fact, so you say it is an opinion.

Name another team that has lost that much value while trading down. If you can't, do you think we are the first team to ever have this situation? Why don't other front offices sacrifice pick value to move down? Is this inexperienced front office smarter than every front office in the league?

I'm sure there are other teams that have given up that value. Someone should try remembering/finding them. We can see who our front office compares to.

jhns
04-27-2012, 09:28 AM
You aren't using facts. You're b****ing about something when you don't have the facts. Big difference Derpenstein.

Just because you don't like the fact, doesn't change the fact that it is a fact...

Sorry.

underrated29
04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Ok. Dodge the argument. Ignore is for pansies.

Who gives a F---. Its done!

Just like going to vegas and getting herpes. You can argue and piss and moan about what you should have done. How your buddy wore a condom and didnt get it or how, some other guy nailed a girl bareback and didnt get it. All of it is moot, because you did. The trades have been made and the deals have been done. Whining will not fix it.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Just like going to vegas and getting herpes. You can argue and piss and moan about what you should have done. How your buddy wore a condom and didnt get it or how, some other guy nailed a girl bareback and didnt get it. All of it is moot, because you did. The trades have been made and the deals have been done. Whining will not fix it.

I went to bed like 12 hours ago and the Mane is still in a frenzy over a couple points in value. Some people are just losers. You are discussing "value" with a guy who thought Vontaze Burfict was going to be the next Ray Lewis. So just keep that in mind. Tread carefully, I already got that turd on ignore. Don't quote him.

jhns

Then never come back here. Nothing you ever say will ever make an actual difference. There is no point in discussing anything here.

Bronco Boy

Name another team that has lost that much value while trading down. If you can't, do you think we are the first team to ever have this situation? Why don't other front offices sacrifice pick value to move down? Is this inexperienced front office smarter than every front office in the league?

I'm sure there are other teams that have given up that value. Someone should try remembering/finding them. We can see who our front office compares to.

I thought you only dealt with facts. How "smart" a front office is is opinion, not fact.

jhns
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM
I thought you only dealt with facts. How "smart" a front office is is opinion, not fact.

Your opinion. Really, it is just pointing out the common sense that you are lacking.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 09:33 AM

I've accepted that we got jobbed and have moved on. But I'll continue as long as there are people unwilling to accept that.

Lestat
04-27-2012, 09:38 AM

Not even counting UFA.

no offense but we aren't exactly so extremely talented that 6 spots couldn't make the roster, contribute and half of them start.
the more talent we bring in the better, we're not that far removed from pick #2 because we won 2 games. we need as much talent as we can get.

Dedhed
04-27-2012, 09:38 AM
I went to bed like 12 hours ago and the Mane is still in a frenzy over a couple points in value.

I love when people come to a discussion board and then whine about people still having a discussion.

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 10:29 AM

It isn't a fact at all. The Vikings got less then fair value in their trade down. As did the Rams (the second time). And the Bucs.

If you want to trade down, and there's not a QB worth trading up for you are NOT going to get fair value in the 1st round.

People have every right to be mad about the trade down (although, I don't really get the outrage still, or the gloom and doom about our draft sucking for sure now) but it wasn't just us doing it.

Personally, I didn't like anybody on the board at 25 or 31 that much... so I was ok with the trade down. My hope is now they might be able to upgrade their pick at #57 into the low 40's and have a chance at getting two comparable players at #36 and #45 or so.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 10:32 AM
This was a pretty weak draft overall. For the Cowboys to only have to give up a #2 to move up 9 spots and snag a top five pick shows you that teams did not value the back end of this first round at all. It goes along with PFW's reports from Scouts and GM's saying that there were only about 15 true first-round grades the whole draft.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 10:41 AM
This was a pretty weak draft overall. For the Cowboys to only have to give up a #2 to move up 9 spots and snag a top five pick shows you that teams did not value the back end of this first round at all. It goes along with PFW's reports from Scouts and GM's saying that there were only about 15 true first-round grades the whole draft.

Doesn't mean we can't get 2 possible Pro Bowl players in the 2nd round. If EFX plays their cards right, we are going to come away LOADED.

:sunshine:

Requiem
04-27-2012, 10:50 AM
Doesn't mean we can't get 2 possible Pro Bowl players in the 2nd round. If EFX plays their cards right, we are going to come away LOADED.

Well, that is why they opted to trade out. So far, they have made a calculated gamble and netted themselves a high fourth rounder in return, with their board now probably with the same target of interest players as they had 11 picks earlier. We are in absolutely fantastic position. With the Rams getting Brockers, I think they focus on offense. I'd assume Indianapolis would get Fleener. I'm not sure who Baltimore will go for, perhaps Konz -- didn't Matt Birk retire?

In all honesty, Denver could move down a couple of more spots and get one of the top 5 players they have right now and add more picks -- but are they in a mood to gamble. . . again?

Based on the value chart, a package of a 3/4 can maybe get us late round two, but probably just high round three. If I was Denver, I keep 101 and 108 and move up 120 and 87 and get into the top of the third. If you throw in the five, you can get into the bottom of two. Just do that. There is no reason to hope that a fourth or fifth rounder can make your team and be depth players and draft them. Just move up and get the sure thing.

87, 120 and our 5th to get a second. Get three second round players. Get your top fourth round guys and call it a day. Oh, we would have a sixth too. :)

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 10:53 AM
Well, that is why they opted to trade out. So far, they have made a calculated gamble and netted themselves a high fourth rounder in return, with their board now probably with the same target of interest players as they had 11 picks earlier. We are in absolutely fantastic position. With the Rams getting Brockers, I think they focus on offense. I'd assume Indianapolis would get Fleener. I'm not sure who Baltimore will go for, perhaps Konz -- didn't Matt Birk retire?

In all honesty, Denver could move down a couple of more spots and get one of the top 5 players they have right now and add more picks -- but are they in a mood to gamble. . . again?

Based on the value chart, a package of a 3/4 can maybe get us late round two, but probably just high round three. If I was Denver, I keep 101 and 108 and move up 120 and 87 and get into the top of the third. If you throw in the five, you can get into the bottom of two. Just do that. There is no reason to hope that a fourth or fifth rounder can make your team and be depth players and draft them. Just move up and get the sure thing.

87, 120 and our 5th to get a second. Get three second round players. Get your top fourth round guys and call it a day. Oh, we would have a sixth too. :)

Excellent "values" strategy! I hope one them turns out to be an impact player. :~ohyah!:

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM

That's why we're aiming for 18 picks in the 6th round. We'll draft 18 Tom Bradys (he was a 6th rounder!) and then trade them to other teams for their best players. We'll keep Peyton, Champ, DT and Von, just for some continuity.

Foolproof. EFX Lombardis every year. Until the whole Xanders Pizza Gigolo scandal erupts anyway.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 10:57 AM
Excellent "values" strategy! I hope one them turns out to be an impact player. :~ohyah!:

Reuben Randall and Coby Fleener are probably the guys going to the Rams and Colts respectively. Konz is probably on our radar, but Baltimore could nab him or another OL. We have a ton of options. I think we can dominate today. This is where the value is. I know people think we got jobbed on trading down, but I haven't heard anyone really mention a player they wanted between 25 and 36 that has flew off the board. Our target players at need positions are still there. I'm pretty stoked. If getting that extra fourth means we get a better player in round two or three, hell yes.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Been tweeting with Cecil and he thinks it is definitely likely that if Denver goes #36 for Miller (hope the Rams don't take him) -- they would move up again in the second with picks they have in 3-5 to get one of their DT's they like.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:01 AM
Also says Lavonte David is on their board, but not as high as some people are thinking. I'm guessing a late 2nd / early 3rd on him.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Reuben Randall and Coby Fleener are probably the guys going to the Rams and Colts respectively. Konz is probably on our radar, but Baltimore could nab him or another OL. We have a ton of options. I think we can dominate today. This is where the value is. I know people think we got jobbed on trading down, but I haven't heard anyone really mention a player they wanted between 25 and 36 that has flew off the board. Our target players at need positions are still there. I'm pretty stoked. If getting that extra fourth means we get a better player in round two or three, hell yes.

Well, you know, I've been high on Randle all along. I think tonight Glenn, Fleener and Hill go off the board. That leaves Randall and Worthy, who I think would be the two with the best value at that spot.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Face it man, it is Lamar Miller time. But yeah, you know I love Worthy too.

<3 <3

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 11:03 AM

this..

pricejj
04-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Well, that is why they opted to trade out. So far, they have made a calculated gamble and netted themselves a high fourth rounder in return, with their board now probably with the same target of interest players as they had 11 picks earlier. We are in absolutely fantastic position.

I'm sure there will be alot of fools trying to get into the high 2nd today...so it will be kind of tough. But we can potentially have a great day, if we trade up. Even if we don't trade at all, due to prime players falling out of the 1st round we are going to get a steal at #57. My big board looks fantastic. :sunshine:

SonOfLe-loLang
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
I'd totally be OK with Lamar Miller. This team is in desperate need of some game breaking speed.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM

<3 <3

We could get both.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 11:07 AM

<3 <3

I hope not. I think Miller could still be there at 57. At any rate, we can get a solid, backup RB in the fourth with one of those three picks.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Been tweeting with Cecil and he thinks it is definitely likely that if Denver goes #36 for Miller (hope the Rams don't take him) -- they would move up again in the second with picks they have in 3-5 to get one of their DT's they like.

Hell yeah, he knows what's up...that's what I figured out about 3AM this morning.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:09 AM
I hope not. I think Miller could still be there at 57. At any rate, we can get a solid, backup RB in the fourth with one of those three picks.

There is no way with Wilson and Martin off the board that Miller lasts 20+ picks. That is why Denver is in crunch mode now. They love him. If they want him, they gotta pull the trigger. John Fox drafts running backs. Book 'em Dano!

Lestat
04-27-2012, 11:11 AM
i would guess that Randle,Fleener & Glenn go 1-2-3 in round two. that leaves us with Miller,Reyes,Worthy,Hill,David,Upshaw as the choices for pick #36.

though i don't like the idea of trading up in the 2nd by using the 3rd. if you're trading back into the 2nd using the 3rd and end up with three guys then i'm on board with that.

Lestat
04-27-2012, 11:15 AM
for me, Miller is a kid who if he went back to school would be a 20ish first round pick if not 15-20. he came out a year too early and that benefits us, you can't pass up a 5-11 213 lb 4.4 speed running weapon like him. that's a huge plus for Manning. we definitely need LB,OG & DT but the value dictates you take Miller first.

now if Glenn slips to #36, then you might wanna pass on Miller. Glenn can play RT or OG and be a top tier player and a definite starter from day 1.

Rohirrim
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
There is no way with Wilson and Martin off the board that Miller lasts 20+ picks. That is why Denver is in crunch mode now. They love him. If they want him, they gotta pull the trigger. John Fox drafts running backs. Book 'em Dano!

I hope not. He can't break tackles or block now. Imagine in the NFL? Manning requires a RB that can block. Basically, Miller on the Broncos at #36 becomes a first round pick for a KR and committee back. Draft Worthy and he's your best DT. Draft Randle and your offense gets more scoring power on every down. Besides, I think having Peyton is going to give Knowshon new life, especially as a receiver, which is his strength (and which Tebow couldn't utilize).

Lestat
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
as much as we'll go to the offense that Manning is accustom to, i still say we run it far more than in previous seasons like in Indy. people forget that when Manning had James he had no problem handing the ball off and letting him do work.

Miller isn't the pass catcher that James was but he can be just as productive on the ground.

BroncoBeavis
04-27-2012, 11:48 AM
i would guess that Randle,Fleener & Glenn go 1-2-3 in round two. that leaves us with Miller,Reyes,Worthy,Hill,David,Upshaw as the choices for pick #36.

though i don't like the idea of trading up in the 2nd by using the 3rd. if you're trading back into the 2nd using the 3rd and end up with three guys then i'm on board with that.

I think Fleener will make it to us. That's about the only conceivable terrible pick I think they could make at this point. Unless they go full retard for Brock or something.

Please pick Worthy. That is all.

Requiem
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I hope not. He can't break tackles or block now. Imagine in the NFL? Manning requires a RB that can block. Basically, Miller on the Broncos at #36 becomes a first round pick for a KR and committee back. Draft Worthy and he's your best DT. Draft Randle and your offense gets more scoring power on every down. Besides, I think having Peyton is going to give Knowshon new life, especially as a receiver, which is his strength (and which Tebow couldn't utilize).

Maybe the Miller War Drums were to stir up trades. You know I'm down as a clown for Jerel.

BroncoInferno
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I'd rather wait until #57 and take Pead.

pricejj
04-27-2012, 11:59 AM
I'd rather wait until #57 and take Pead.

Me too...take OL/WR at #36. Trade up to #52 for a UT (using #87, #101, #108, #120).

HooptyHoops
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't know much about college football, but it seems like most people on the board don't like the Osweiler, yet all these analysts on NFLN and ESPN seem to love him....Manning isn't going to play forever, so maybe Brock?

sgbfan
04-27-2012, 12:55 PM
I don't know much about college football, but it seems like most people on the board don't like the Osweiler, yet all these analysts on NFLN and ESPN seem to love him....Manning isn't going to play forever, so maybe Brock?

You don't have to know college football to know that the Broncos have way too many needs (OL, LB, DT, CB, WR, RB) to take a player that won't play for the next 3-4 years.

baja
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM

ALL the facts

Dexter
04-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm probably just ignorant and wrong but I really hate Miller with a second round pick. He just doesn't seem special to me, and we already have Moreno (turd) and McGahee. Moreno may not instill a lot of confidence in fans, but if there were any offense he could succeed in it would be this one. Point is, I see a Turbin, Ballard, Pierce, Rainey, James, Pead, Polk type of pick in round 3 or 4 a WAY better option than Miller in round two.

But some of you think he's special, and I guess I don't see it. He has wheels, but he had one decent year. I can't remember the username, but there is a huge Miami fan that posts a lot of this board that isn't even a big fan. Even that says a lot to me.

One positive about Miller however is that he could be a kick returner and maybe Punt Returner for us. A position we could use after we let Eddie go.

cmhargrove
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm probably just ignorant and wrong but I really hate Miller with a second round pick. He just doesn't seem special to me, and we already have Moreno (turd) and McGahee. Moreno may not instill a lot of confidence in fans, but if there were any offense he could succeed in it would be this one. Point is, I see a Turbin, Ballard, Pierce, Rainey, James, Pead, Polk type of pick in round 3 or 4 a WAY better option than Miller in round two.

But some of you think he's special, and I guess I don't see it. He has wheels, but he had one decent year. I can't remember the username, but there is a huge Miami fan that posts a lot of this board that isn't even a big fan. Even that says a lot to me.

One positive about Miller however is that he could be a kick returner and maybe Punt Returner for us. A position we could use after we let Eddie go.

If you want "that guy" just pick up LaMichael James. The dude is lightning in a bottle and would give us a unique open field weapon. He should be a low 2/high 3 pick.

MVP-06
04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Joe Adams in the 4th is a great pick up if you want a return man. Can play a little slot as well

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2012, 02:12 PM
If you want "that guy" just pick up LaMichael James. The dude is lightning in a bottle and would give us a unique open field weapon. He should be a low 2/high 3 pick.

supposedly we aren't very high on James

RunSilentRunDeep
04-27-2012, 03:52 PM
I've accepted that we got jobbed and have moved on. But I'll continue as long as there are people unwilling to accept that.

I'm sorry, but you are one of the most confused people I've ever seen. Your belief that it's possible for Broncos to call all 31 teams for constant updates is too pathetically sad to even be funny.

I won't explain the simple math, but you're mad at EFX for not having the ability to break the laws of time and space.