PDA

View Full Version : We need a real GM...

24champ
04-26-2012, 08:58 PM
We got some real crappy value for trading back.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Clearly teams knew we wanted to trade back and took advantage of that.

Doggcow
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
We traded back 25-36 spots for a pick 5 spots behind what the Ravens got for 27-35 spots...

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Yep. It's funny seeing all these people turn on EFX after worshipping them non-stop after the Manning signing. These guys don't know what they are doing, and only a few of us see it clearly. The rest of you are fools...

colorado jones
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Agamemnon would be a good choice.

He knows everything.

Broncos4tw
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Yep. It's funny seeing all these people turn on EFX after worshipping them non-stop after the Manning signing. These guys don't know what they are doing, and only a few of us see it clearly. The rest of you are fools...

Right.. I'm sure you know more than the collective pro football knowledge of everyone in that war room. Good call. Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM

please, get out. You seriously suck.

jebures
04-26-2012, 09:02 PM
trade rape, we trade back 5 spots in the 1st roudn and only move up 25 picks in the 4th wtf, fvck u xanders u deuche bag

24champ
04-26-2012, 09:03 PM

I like Elways leadership of the Franchise, but goddamn he needs a real GM in there. Xanders hasn't impressed since he showed up in DV, he needs to hit the road.

g6matty
04-26-2012, 09:04 PM
lamar miller was the pick all along who cares

Tim
04-26-2012, 09:05 PM
25th for 36 and 101? I bet the patriot war room is laughing right now at that deal

Flex Gunmetal

What do you do for a living? Serious question.

theStifmeister

take it easy man. What options do we at that point in the draft? Worthy, Still, Thompson, Reyes, Fleener, Miller, all targets. expect another trade

Agamemnon
LOL at the reactions to my post. It's the truth, and in few years you will realize it. Sorry if you don't like it. The people running this team are clueless.

CEH
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Denver played their hand way too early. Elway said earlier this week they wanted to trade down. To get less than BALT got is not good. Batl got a better deal and a better draft slot

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 09:06 PM
That was an absolute FAIL... sh itty! We drop 11 spots to get the 101st??? really boys! should we get you a business degree...dam n

DenverBroncosJM
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM

While I don't normally agree with Agamemnon he has a point, this board was all over Elway the genius for trading Tebow and getting manning. But the fact is these guys don't know ****.

We need a new term Elwayslobknobbers?

Ratboy
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM

At least we all agree that you're still an idiot.

Chris
04-26-2012, 09:08 PM
lamar miller was the pick all along who cares

He might be gone by our pick at this point.

cutthemdown
04-26-2012, 09:09 PM
what a let down of a draft.

24champ
04-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Denver played their hand way too early. Elway said earlier this week they wanted to trade down. To get less than BALT got is not good. Batl got a better deal and a better draft slot

http://www.cpcwiki.eu/facepalm.gif

EmpireOrange

Do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay? Wake up fack chops you dont pick on the first round just to pick. There is nobody on the board who can start for the broncos this season. Had you paid attention to oe a few weeks ago, you'd know this was coming. So wash the sand out of your clitty and get ready for a supebowl run, because the broncos are going!

Broncos4tw
Yea.. ok.. these guys don't know anything. Right. And you guys do. There is probably 100 years of paid football experience in that room - and they are clueless, but you are all brilliant and would have done the right thing. Sure.. whatever.

CEH
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Elway will speak. Sounds to me like a money issue trading out of the first round for crap value just to get out

Dr. Broncenstein
04-26-2012, 09:11 PM
Who would run the computers in the cave?

24champ
04-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Do you find it hard to hide the fact that you're gay? Wake up fack chops you dont pick on the first round just to pick. There is nobody on the board who can start for the broncos this season. Had you paid attention to oe a few weeks ago, you'd know this was coming. So wash the sand out of your clitty and get ready for a supebowl run, because the broncos are going!

Aside from the playground namecalling, my beef isn't with not selecting in the first round...its with the fact we got bent over on trade value.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Aside from the playground namecalling, my beef isn't with not selecting in the first round...its with the fact we got bent over on trade value.

Bingo!

crush17
04-26-2012, 09:14 PM
you are all such effing crybabies.

Hulamau
04-26-2012, 09:15 PM

Just in case you didn't know, that's a DUNCE hat with a red feather on your head Agamemnon...

CEH
04-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Elway says the guys at 25 will be there at 36 now. Board is the same.
High 4th and get the guy we want at 36

rugbythug
04-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Who we pick is far more important than where we pick them. Lets see what we do before we jump off any bridges.

Tim
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
If they get brock osweiler at 36 this place is going to be comedy

broncswin
04-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Hilarious!you are all such effing crybabies.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

I am four double tonics in...and am not worried at all..I fully support this post:strong:

OBF1
04-26-2012, 09:23 PM

What in the freekin world makes you think Xanders was the final word on anything... You guys are ass clowns.

ClamChowdah
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM
You might think that but you know your pick is definetly going to be there anyway why not take even a 4th rounder for dropping back a few spots, you lose nothing.

You really have to wait to see how the draft pans out before judging, people were calling Belichick an idiot for taking Gronkowski and Hernandez in the 2nd and 4th in the same draft when they already had Alge Crumpler signed, we all know how that panned out, everyone was saying who takes two TE's in the same draft calling it a wasted draft.

broncocalijohn
04-26-2012, 09:24 PM

I cannot imagine who would think otherwise. I want to know why we couldnt get more value for the pick? If Elway let others know that we are willing to trade down before today, how can a handful of teams between 28th-36th not see value at 25? Worst is when you can actually compare it to the Ravens trade. We still going DT?

Elway says the guys at 25 will be there at 36 now. Board is the same.
High 4th and get the guy we want at 36

I support the FO for doing that but I am going to say a handful want to know why we got such low value?

Dexter
04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
You might think that but you know your pick is definetly going to be there anyway why not take even a 4th rounder for dropping back a few spots, you lose nothing.

You really have to wait to see how the draft pans out before judging, people were calling Belichick an idiot for taking Gronkowski and Hernandez in the 2nd and 4th in the same draft when they already had Alge Crumpler signed, we all know how that panned out, everyone was saying who takes two TE's in the same draft calling it a wasted draft.

Is this guy actually talking sense?

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 09:26 PM
What in the freekin world makes you think Xanders was the final word on anything... You guys are ass clowns.

Exactly. This Xanders scapegoating is ridiculous. When people approve of EFX's moves it's all Elway, and when they don't it's Xanders. It's absolutely absurd.

crush17
04-26-2012, 09:27 PM
Is this guy actually talking sense?

Yes, and 90% of the fans here are talking out of their a$$es.
Hell hath frozen over.

DenverBrit
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM

That's how it goes sometimes.

You have to take the best deal with a willing trade partner, even if they don't have exact value.

Much better to lose a position in a trade than reach for a 1st rounder when the board says the player is a 2nd rounder. Plus the extra picks.

broncswin
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM

Clown..no wait, good post clammy

crush17
04-26-2012, 09:29 PM
The old "value" chart means little now with the new CBA and wage scale.

CEH
04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
We did get worked. This too me looks like a cash dump. Take what you can to get out of the 1st round. No excuse for a high 4th when Balt got 4 picks better and dropped back half as much

We got played. Bowlen blew his wad on Manning.

Rolandftw
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm going to see what they do tomorrow until I make a judgment on their draft. They obviously didn't get fair value for trading down 11 spots, but they weren't alone on that... they must like a player that they believe will be on the board at #36. We now have six draft picks in the top 120 of the draft... which isn't bad. will have the opportunity to move up as well if we want to do so.

reality is teams don't give up much unless there's a qb available that they really liked. if the browns hadn't pulled the trigger on weeden at #22, some other team might have given up more to jump to #25. didn't work out that way.

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Our #25 was worth 720 points....we traded it for what would eventually be #36 (540 points) and the 101st pick (96 points). WE GAVE UP 84 points tonight from that stupid decision...84 points is enough to have another 4th round from 106 to 126th...absolutely insanely STUPID!

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

TheReverend
Devonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

24champ

Whether he has the final word or not, Elway needs someone in his ear telling him he's got a bad ****ing deal.

Rolandftw
04-26-2012, 09:40 PM
I'm going to see what they do tomorrow until I make a judgment on their draft. They obviously didn't get fair value for trading down 11 spots, but they weren't alone on that... they must like a player that they believe will be on the board at #36. We now have six draft picks in the top 120 of the draft... which isn't bad. will have the opportunity to move up as well if we want to do so.

reality is teams don't give up much unless there's a qb available that they really liked. if the browns hadn't pulled the trigger on weeden at #22, some other team might have given up more to jump to #25. didn't work out that way.

NUB
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Denver got played something fierce. Really brings back the days of McDaniels. That rank smell of a few really terrible years on the horizon. Ahhh, dammit.

Kaylore
04-26-2012, 09:49 PM
We essentially traded our first round pick for a high second round pick and a high fourth round pick. No one can say that is very good value.

Ambiguous
04-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Our #25 was worth 720 points....we traded it for what would eventually be #36 (540 points) and the 101st pick (96 points). WE GAVE UP 84 points tonight from that stupid decision...84 points is enough to have another 4th round from 106 to 126th...absolutely insanely STUPID!

http://walterfootball.com/draftchart.php

UGH. That has been obsolete for quite some time, and as posted above completely useless in lieu of the new rookie wage scale.

MVP-06
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
LOL at the reactions to my post. It's the truth, and in few years you will realize it. Sorry if you don't like it. The people running this team are clueless.

Your a douche

Steve Sewell
04-26-2012, 10:03 PM
While I don't normally agree with Agamemnon he has a point, this board was all over Elway the genius for trading Tebow and getting manning. But the fact is these guys don't know ****.

We need a new term Elwayslobknobbers?

That term describes pretty much any long term intelligent Broncos fan. Why? Because he ALWAYS ends up winning at everything he does.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
That term describes pretty much any long term intelligent Broncos fan. Why? Because he ALWAYS ends up winning at everything he does.

Yet another fan unable to separate Elway's greatness as a player from what he is as a football executive. It's amazing how many of you fools are out there...

ZONA
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
I think most people forget the fact that once the consensus blue chippers are gone (as in picks 1-10 usually) it becomes hit or miss and many times the players taken 15-60 not much of a difference. Relax people. Relax.

If we come out of this round with Miller and Worthy I'll be stoked.

DenverBroncosJM
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM

Great only 13 more years!!

TheDave
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Would liked to have gotten more value for the moves, but in the end if the players we targeted are still there ... the extra 4th is just gravy.

Let's atleast wait and see who they get before we fire the staff.

Steve Sewell
04-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Yet another fan unable to separate Elway's greatness as a player from what he is as a football executive. It's amazing how many of you fools are out there...

You mean the football exec under whose leadership the broncos went from 4-12 to a playoff team and signed the biggest free agent in NFL history? That football executive?

strafen
04-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I think more pathetic are the idiots hoping we get a TE with our first pick tomorrow.... Hilarious! :~ohyah!: :wave:

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 10:16 PM
You mean the football exec under whose leadership the broncos went from 4-12 to a playoff team and signed the biggest free agent in NFL history? That football executive?

You're one of those tools who gives Elway credit for our playoff run while giving none to Tebow aren't you? Yeah I don't even bother with you people...

Vegas_Bronco
UGH. That has been obsolete for quite some time, and as posted above completely useless in lieu of the new rookie wage scale.

Outdated by an entire pick? I don't think so. There were to be many more picks traded in the late 1st due to the smaller talent gap than expense gap with the new rookie wage scale system. This doesn't translate to losing out on an added 4th - 5th round pick or two sixth rounders. Elway should know best that 6th rounders are precious in Denver.

Agamemnon
Great only 13 more years!!

If we get the best playoff back of all time in the 6th round...

DenverBroncosJM
04-26-2012, 10:18 PM

Come on really? Do I need to bring up orton, the orton trade fiasco... I feel like Ashton Kutcher is about to jump out and tell me I'm being punk'd

Steve Sewell
04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
You're one of those tools who gives Elway credit for our playoff run while giving none to Tebow aren't you? Yeah I don't even bother with you people...

You seem to be a little hostile. Perhaps you should take a break from the Internet for the evening?

Steve Sewell
04-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Come on really? Do I need to bring up orton, the orton trade fiasco... I feel like Ashton Kutcher is about to jump out and tell me I'm being punk'd

Oh yes I forgot that all credit for the 2011 season goes to Tim Tebow, my bad.

Flex Gunmetal
04-26-2012, 11:55 PM

Completely ignore the legitimate points offered to you and defer to sticking your fingers in your ears.

Shocking.

It's only after I've had a few that I even bother with you, and now I remember why.