PDA

View Full Version : Nice reach again, Chiefs!

Kaylore
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Poe at 11? REALLY?

Hilarious!

bronco militia
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
LOL

Vegas_Bronco
04-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Thank goodness we have a solid middle! heee heee.

bombay
04-26-2012, 07:13 PM
workout wonder

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
http://www.deviantart.com/download/163170157/Reach_For_The_Stars_by_NeverShoutKatherine.jpg

backup qb
04-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Bust. No intincts, vision & on the ground too much according to Mayock. Bust!

colorado jones
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
The bust factor with Poe just skyrocketed by him going to KC.... Good pick queefs.

Aftermath
04-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Lol the Queefs make me happy...

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
He will look good in camp and on the sidelines during games. On the field? Not so much. Bahahabahababanaba

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 07:38 PM
When I think top 12 pick, I think DT who didn't command double teams in C-USA.

Doggcow
04-26-2012, 07:41 PM

Well, in all fairness. We drafted Moreno at 12 too :(

KCStud
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Bust. No intincts, vision & on the ground too much according to Mayock. Bust!

Mayock-"Robert Ayers will be the best defensive player in the 2009 draft."

:yayaya:

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Well, in all fairness. We drafted Moreno at 12 too :(

At least Moreno did something in a big boy conference.

To his credit, Poe did go beast mode enough in C-USA to be 2nd Team All-Conference!

Mogulseeker
04-26-2012, 07:52 PM
Wow... I was hoping the Broncos would trade down into the early 2nd to get some extra picks and pick Poe.

I was a little surprised he went that high.

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Poe has short arms. He is all looks but will make little impact because OL will be able to control him.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoS3f.5lPiwoA7nWJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dmidget% 2Barms%26n%3D30%26ei%3Dutf-8%26y%3DSearch%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D174&w=476&h=611&imgurl=www.eviltattoo.com%2Fcb%2Fcee_lo6.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.camaroz28.com%2Fforums%2Ff-body-lounge-24%2Fjust-me-does-cee-lo-green-look-like-big-midget-809497%2F&size=40.1+KB&name=...+does+Cee+Lo+Green+look+like+a+big+midget+-+CamaroZ28.Com+Message+Board&p=midget+arms&oid=0b3a2492c821e2be48211b9e302183b9&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=...%2Bdoes%2BCee%2BLo%2BGreen%2Blook%2Blike%2Ba %2Bbig%2Bmidget%2B-%2BCamaroZ28.Com%2BMessage%2BBoard&b=151&ni=200&no=174&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=137rtiom1&sigb=13hk6knlu&sigi=1111st3tv&.crumb=iY.qvRb7xej

Man-Goblin
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM

Hey. It's not his fault they didn't double team him. He rode their stupidity all the way to 2nd Team All-Conference USA!

I lol'd at this pick. My wife had no idea why I was giggling so much.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 08:14 PM
ROFL, and here I was saying I didn't want the guy at the 25th pick. Pioli is a retard.

barryr
04-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I am thankful the Chiefs took him. Now the Broncos have no chance to draft that bust waiting to happen. Poe does very little in a weak conference, but he can do some jumping jacks and jump over some pads, and he'll be a great pro? Please. Another example of a team being fooled at the combine. The same team that took a DL named Tyson Jackson from LSU high in the draft a few years ago, I think the 3rd pick in the whole draft, who has done what? 2 sacks in 3 years. Poe won't even get that. And still have nothing at QB.

Agamemnon

Robert Ayers is a thousand times the player you guys just drafted.

If only games were played in workout facilities and involved 40 yard dashes and bench presses. Man would you be set. Hilarious!

Agamemnon
I am thankful the Chiefs took him. Now the Broncos have no chance to draft that bust waiting to happen.

QFT

Taco John
04-26-2012, 08:46 PM
ROFL, and here I was saying I didn't want the guy at the 25th pick. Pioli is a retard.

I would have been ok with Poe in the second round. I didn't want him in the first.

bronco militia
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
I would have been ok with Poe in the second round. I didn't want him in the first.

the broncos would have been better off reaching for poe....the broncos had the worst draft of the night

ClamChowdah
04-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Remember when Pioli was the draft guru, then he left Bill Belichick and became another guy living off of BB.

Tyson Jackson part deux.

Rolandftw
04-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Chief fans can't be happy with this pick, but if he could even be an average DL.. guess it fills the Chiefs biggest need. Was quite a reach at 11 tho.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Tyson Jackson part deux.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

KFC keeps having to waste picks high on DT because they keep busting.

Looks like there will be no Barron/Berry secondary KFCDud!

Kaylore
04-26-2012, 09:53 PM

Exactly. And 11th overall is straight stupid.

KCStud
04-27-2012, 12:52 AM
Exactly. And 11th overall is straight stupid.

Considering draft experts had Poe going at 9 to Carolina not long ago, I think he was warranted at 11.
Pioli even said they thought about trading down, but that Poe wouldn't be there if he did because teams were eying him (aka Philly)

Agamemnon
04-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Considering draft experts had Poe going at 9 to Carolina not long ago, I think he was warranted at 11.
Pioli even said they thought about trading down, but that Poe wouldn't be there if he did because teams were eying him (aka Philly)

Draft experts and GM's show how stupid they are every year when they rate these Combine phenoms who didn't do squat in college higher than real players. It's nothing new. Just keep your head in the sand and it will all be okay right?

pricejj
04-27-2012, 01:27 AM

Hate to break it to you, but Ta'amu is probably better than Poe.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Just another day in the life of a fat, retarded GM who needs to **** off and die.

gunns
04-27-2012, 07:42 AM

Well damn, I didn't know Pioli drafted based on what the draft pundits say.

No Pioli based it off of Poe's combine performance. He might have wanted to watch his college performance. The Eagles did not want Poe. They got the guy they wanted and most likely, a far better guy. But he is a space eater. He'll help out with the run. I think a waste at 11.

Bronco Rob
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=259632

Hilarious!

Kaylore
04-27-2012, 08:14 AM
They could draft a man literally crafted out of horse manure and KCStud would be here to tell us how much greener the grass at arrow head is going to be and how it will win more lawn awards than at SA field.

Old Dude
04-27-2012, 08:22 AM
As a general rule, the whole thing's a crap shoot. Maybe three years from now this will go down as another blown pick. Or maybe he'll turn out to be a star.

But it would really concern me that someone who had these kinds of combine ratings looked so bad on game film.

Rabb
04-27-2012, 08:24 AM

You are such an idiot

Rolandftw
04-27-2012, 08:47 AM
They could draft a man literally crafted out of horse manure and KCStud would be here to tell us how much greener the grass at arrow head is going to be and how it will win more lawn awards than at SA field.

exactly. team could have took weeden at 11, and he'd still think it was a good pick.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 08:48 AM
My prediction is that whoever Denver drafts at the DT position, whenever they draft him, will outplay Poe.

Drek
04-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, and now Dontari Poe. If Crennel hasn't been able to extract quality play out of Dorsey or Jackson why would anyone think he can get something out of Poe?

He's a scheme guy, not an educator, and their DL coach isn't getting the job done. Poe needs someone to actually develop him. Bad move.

Bacchus
04-27-2012, 08:55 AM
Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, and now Dontari Poe. If Crennel hasn't been able to extract quality play out of Dorsey or Jackson why would anyone think he can get something out of Poe?

He's a scheme guy, not an educator, and their DL coach isn't getting the job done. Poe needs someone to actually develop him. Bad move.

Dorsey will have a better career than Poe.

crazyhorse
04-27-2012, 09:09 AM
So you scoff at the Chiefs for what you call a reach? He's still the best nose in the draft. According to many.

I guess we should have taken the Broncos approach. That is, according to Elway, draft impact players. How'd that play out? lolol

crazyhorse
04-27-2012, 09:13 AM
This all sounds very similar to all the Hali rhetoric I heard here a few years ago.

Drek
04-27-2012, 09:15 AM
So you scoff at the Chiefs for what you call a reach? He's still the best nose in the draft. According to many.

I guess we should have taken the Broncos approach. That is, according to Elway, draft impact players. How'd that play out? lolol

Most don't think Poe is a good fit as a 3-4 nose though. He's been compared to Ngata and Raji, two guys who spend as much time at end as they do at nose.

Crennel doesn't do things like that in his front seven. He wants a traditional nose like Wilfork. Poe does not have the awareness and read > react instincts needed to two gap down after down.

He's really a 4-3 NT or 3-4 DE if you ask me. One who needs a lot of coaching and smart situational usage early on. Instead KC is going to throw him at 3-4 NT and ask him to play nearly every snap out of the gate alongside two underwhelming high firsts.

Garcia Bronco
04-27-2012, 09:16 AM

He's better than Tyson Jackson.

scorpio
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/dontari-poe-kissing-goodell-480x360.jpg

KCStud
04-27-2012, 11:22 AM
He's better than Tyson Jackson.

Um no he wasn't.

Jackson was the best DE against the run last year.

Steve Sewell
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/dontari-poe-kissing-goodell-480x360.jpg

Hilarious!

cmhargrove
04-27-2012, 11:30 AM
One of my son's friends plays Guard and Tackle for the University of Tulsa (CUSA). When he lined up against Poe, he said that both he and the Center could take him anywhere they wanted to go. He stands up too soon, allows himself to be easily blocked out of plays.

Too bad we didn't end up with DeCastro in the first round, it would have een nice seeing DeCastro skate Poe all over the field.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2012, 11:02 AM
I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?p=259632

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
04-30-2012, 11:05 AM
As a general rule, the whole thing's a crap shoot. Maybe three years from now this will go down as another blown pick. Or maybe he'll turn out to be a star.

But it would really concern me that someone who had these kinds of combine ratings looked so bad on game film.

That's the key. The dude has literally no highlights worth a damn, and almost everyone has nice highlights. I mean half our UDFA's have nice highlights ffs.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
At least Moreno did something in a big boy conference.

To his credit, Poe did go beast mode enough in C-USA to be 2nd Team All-Conference!

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 11:31 AM
To be honest, Bronco fans are in no position to mock anyone elses draft.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Kansas City quarterback Matt Cassel

Why: He faced competition.

Result: Kansas City looked at several top quarterbacks, but they didnít draft one. The same goes in free agency. Instead of replacing Cassel, Kansas City made a statement by building the roster around him. It is clear the Chiefs believe in Cassel.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43484/where-they-stand

Hilarious!

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2012, 11:35 AM

We shall see. The Broncos may have reached on some picks but the real head scratcher for me is Osweiler. That being said, if the Broncos can develope him for a few years and he becomes the next starting QB then it is an justified pick.

The thing about Poe is he really did nothing in college.

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Result: Kansas City looked at several top quarterbacks, but they didnít draft one. The same goes in free agency. Instead of replacing Cassel, Kansas City made a statement by building the roster around him. It is clear the Chiefs believe in Cassel.

Hilarious!
Its clear that what you know is what someone else says or writes. I would give you your next opinion if I thought you would understand what I was talking about.

Though they may have looked at them, it doesn't mean they had an opportunity to draft one. What did espn have to say to that? Get back to me.

Agamemnon
04-30-2012, 11:42 AM

Hilarious!

That is some funny **** right there...

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
We shall see. The Broncos may have reached on some picks but the real head scratcher for me is Osweiler. That being said, if the Broncos can develope him for a few years and he becomes the next starting QB then it is an justified pick.

The thing about Poe is he really did nothing in college.

I was scratching my head right off the bat. Elway said he was gonna draft impact players, then traded out of the 1st round. Then took another high pick and drafted a QB. One that by the time he sees the field, he will be on his second contract, or close to it.

As with any draft, you have to take a wait and see approach. But those two moves were head scratchers to me.

Aside from the Poe pick, we drafted for the future since we couldnt do much at the QB position. Even though i am desperate to find something better, I dont want to draft like we are desperate.

Bronco Rob
04-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Its clear that what you know is what someone else says or writes. I would give you your next opinion if I thought you would understand what I was talking about.

Though they may have looked at them, it doesn't mean they had an opportunity to draft one. What did espn have to say to that? Get back to me.

I know one thing....in the fifty two year history of the kansas city chefs they have NEVER drafted a franchise quarterback.

Remember who the chefs took in 1983?

No need to call Scotland Yard to figure out the riddle of three playoff wins in forty two seasons...

:sunshine:

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 11:51 AM
I know one thing....in the fifty two year history of the kansas city chefs they have NEVER drafted a franchise quarterback.

Remember who the chefs took in 1983?

No need to call Scotland Yard to figure out the riddle of three playoff wins in forty two seasons...

:sunshine:

At least we didnt cheat to win our SB*

Bronco Rob
04-30-2012, 11:56 AM

Okay "Oliver Stone"

Are you kidding me?

Your coach wore a wig for crying out loud.

Tombstone RJ
04-30-2012, 11:59 AM
I was scratching my head right off the bat. Elway said he was gonna draft impact players, then traded out of the 1st round. Then took another high pick and drafted a QB. One that by the time he sees the field, he will be on his second contract, or close to it.

As with any draft, you have to take a wait and see approach. But those two moves were head scratchers to me.

Aside from the Poe pick, we drafted for the future since we couldnt do much at the QB position. Even though i am desperate to find something better, I dont want to draft like we are desperate.

How would you feel if kc drafted Osweiler in the second? Try to be honest and not let your bias against the Broncos dictate your answer.

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Okay "Oliver Stone"

Are you kidding me?

Your coach wore a wig for crying out loud.

Wonder how he gets it to shine so luxuriously....

...Crisco?

HighCountryBronco
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM

At least we don't hump our cousins.

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 12:04 PM
How would you feel if kc drafted Osweiler in the second? Try to be honest and not let your bias against the Broncos dictate your answer.

I wouldnt have known much about him. It might have been alright. I would have been optimistic but not confident.

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 12:07 PM
At least we don't hump our cousins.

Im pretty sure you do. How else do the horses get a break?

The way I understand it, all horses coming out of Colorado are stump broke.

Rolandftw
04-30-2012, 12:09 PM
Um no he wasn't.

PFF ranks him 6th against the run.

I'd rather have Ayers at pick #18, then Jackson at pick #3 tho. Both mediocre players that are heavily overrated by their respective fan bases.

Garcia Bronco
04-30-2012, 12:12 PM

ACtually you did using PED on the field. They even did an ad about it.

crazyhorse
04-30-2012, 12:13 PM
ACtually you did using PED on the field. They even did an ad about it.

PED? Im not smart enough to know what this means.

Oh, I know what your talking about. Yeah they drank gatorade. It wasnt considered by the league as cheating. Only the haters

gyldenlove
04-30-2012, 12:20 PM
Um no he wasn't.

LOL, you are telling me a guy from the 7th worst run defense in the league is the best?

Dude, puff puff pass, you are ****ing up the rotation when you keep puffing.

Rohirrim
04-30-2012, 12:37 PM
We were finally able to get a hold of Poe for his comment...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-DcCI7e9yA30/TZXg1zNWzXI/AAAAAAAAAmc/WbZeMkp3s08/s320/IHOP+free+pancakes+Facebook+printable+coupon.jpg