PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Take for the Broncos?

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Okay. Time to feel a little of the heat that will be generated in "The Cave" this evening when Elway & Co are on the clock. Above, is a list of fifteen players who are likely to still be on the board when the Broncos pick at 25 (at least judging by a few of the most popular mocks). You get to pick one player. Who would it be?

JLesSPE
04-26-2012, 01:23 PM
I think I'm missing something....

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Casper the Ghost.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
I was the first to vote so I win David.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
If I had to pick from that list rather than trading down, I'd probably go for Konz (Walton sucks big time). But I'd really try to trade down honestly.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Hightower with Brandon Thompson in the 2nd

JLesSPE
04-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I don't like those DTs there and Hightower would be a great addition to the below average LB group.

ludo21
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
poe.

all that potential for the 25 pick is great!

Evenrude
04-26-2012, 01:41 PM
I'd like to see Denver draft David.. but it would be nice to trade down and still get him. He's undersized but has some of the best speed and instincts I've ever seen.

My thoughts on the other Nebraska draftables:

I was very high on Dennard, but the bowl game fight and recent legal trouble are red flags. I think he was a better corner as a junior... shutting down Blackmon and outshining Prince IMO.

Crick may end up a serviceable DE in the league, but would not be right for the 4-3.

Two diamond in the roughs that might shine as UDFAs: Brandon Kinnie at WR and Yoshi Hardrick at LT. Kinnie needs to learn how to hold on to the football but physically built like an NFL receiver. Hardrick has the work ethic and attitude to make it on a practice squad and go from there.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
My three at the top are Poe, Worthy and Hightower. I love Hightower but I have positional questions about him. How best does he fit in with the Broncos, DE or OLB? Also, he exploded his left knee a couple of years ago and had to get reconstruction on the ACL, MCL and meniscus. Poe I also like, but I think he will have the toughest time transitioning to the NFL. I have to go with Worthy as the best of the group and likely to make the biggest impact more quickly at a need position.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
poe.

all that potential for the 25 pick is great!

Of all the DT's we could get in the 1st round, Poe is the worst possible scenario. Dude underproduced in college, so anyone expecting him to do much in the NFL is crazy. Just another player who is being massively overrated because of some great numbers at the Combine.

peacepipe
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
If I had to pick from that list rather than trading down, I'd probably go for Konz (Walton sucks big time). But I'd really try to trade down honestly.

rarely ever agree with you but I agree with trading down theres alot to be had in the lower 1st rd and upper half of the 2nd. but if we stay put,I would like hightower in the 1st & alemeda Ta'amu in the 2nd. that would do alot to solidify the front 7.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 01:45 PM
BTW, on the eight or so mocks I looked at, Kirkpatrick and Brockers were long gone.

oldustyballs
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
Trade back and pick up Reyes or David. Please please please just say no to Konz! Way too tall and way too weak to be a NFL center. I'm hearing that people don't value Hightower as a first round LB. That he doesn't run sideline to sideline at all. It's probably just smoke blowing before the draft. Has anybody watched a lot of his games to verify this?

diehardbroncosfan
04-26-2012, 01:56 PM
I would go Lavonte David at 25 or try to trade down and get him a little later. I love what he would bring to our coverage game, as he truly has the skills to cover some of the elite tight ends in the league as well as add to the run support with tremendous tackling. If Irving turns out to be half decent we would have our linebacking corp solidified for years to come.

If we go in a direction other than David I would hope it would be d-line or corner. Defense needs to be the priority tonight.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I wouldn't take a center in the first round unless he looked like Pouncey.

ludo21
04-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Of all the DT's we could get in the 1st round, Poe is the worst possible scenario. Dude underproduced in college, so anyone expecting him to do much in the NFL is crazy. Just another player who is being massively overrated because of some great numbers at the Combine.

phil taylor sucked last year too

pricejj
04-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Hightower with Brandon Thompson in the 2nd

Bingo

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow, lots of people liking Hightower. He just doesn't look like an every down LB in a 4-3 to me.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM
There are no CB's to choose from

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:42 PM

Indeed. That's an odd thing to leave out seeing as its one of the more likely positions that we might draft.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:43 PM

That's my first choice. No Doug Martin either!!