PDA

View Full Version : What team deals with the Devil? (New England)

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:58 AM
Michael Lombardi seemed confident the Browns or Broncos will acquire #31 in a trade up to select Brandon Weeden. I tell you what, I will commit a robbery if that goes down. I just don't understand why people trade with the Patriots. Bill is an evil person. That whole organization is just evil. Watch them have like 53 picks in this years draft. It isn't fair.

Frosty78
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Patriots have inquired about the #12 pick with the Seahawks.

phibacka31
Michael Lombardi seemed confident the Browns or Broncos will acquire #31 in a trade up to select Brandon Weeden. I tell you what, I will commit a robbery if that goes down. I just don't understand why people trade with the Patriots. Bill is an evil person. That whole organization is just evil. Watch them have like 53 picks in this years draft. It isn't fair.

Looks like I'm breaking all of my $hit...

SpringStein
Plus Weeden is the least sensible pick of any QB for the Broncos.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM

The pats have only 6 picks this year but they are all in the top 4 rounds. 2 1sts, 2 2nds a 3rd and a 4th.

Seems like Belly pulls that off every year.

Requiem
Looks like I'm breaking all of my $hit...

I have loved my ESP Eclipse for over 10 years now, but Black Betty is getting her ****ing neck broken if we select that old ****.

Requiem
The pats have only 6 picks this year but they are all in the top 4 rounds. 2 1sts, 2 2nds a 3rd and a 4th.

Seems like Belly pulls that off every year.

That is what I am saying, he is a draft wizard. Teach Xanders the ways old Billy Boy.

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 10:03 AM
I like Weeden, but not for us. Does Lombardi expect us to package #57 and a 2013 1st to New England for a guy who ideally would be 31 or 32 before ever played a snap for us? I think Cleveland is much more likely. Maybe Miami if they don't get Tannehill.

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
I love watching the Pats stockpile picks. I hate them, but it is beautiful to watch them work the system.

socalorado
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM

I have no problem trading with NE. Its taking Weeden with the pick that pisses me off. I think it would be Osweiller if it was a QB. And i would STILL be pissed if DEN did that, with the talent on the board there.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
That is what I am saying, he is a draft wizard. Teach Xanders the ways old Billy Boy.

Really if he was that good of a draft wizard he would use the picks and fix his old broken ass D. Personally I think they trade because they lack a scouting department.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:10 AM
I hear you, it just seems like every year they trade and rape someone. Rape 'em so hard.

Frosty78
04-26-2012, 10:11 AM
We won't trade into the first for Weeden. No way. If anything I bet we trade down with the Browns os they can take Weeden at 25.

lonestar
04-26-2012, 10:12 AM
What really pisses me off are all the petty wannabes that seem to think because a team that is a consistent winner is evil..

Do they cheat? probably no worse than the other 30 teams.. They and the saints just got caught but then we got caught fudging the salary caps way back..

what a bunch of self righteous morons..

The Pats did what was required to do as a team..

They mostly built via the draft after Kraft bought the team, kept the good one and cast off the ass clowns..

they have been consistent winners since they TOOK our spot becasue Pat hired mikey who while being a great OC screwed this team for a decade with lousy drafts..yet he won lots of games yep he did but he lots the big ones when they counted..

with out Elway he was a loser.. by that I mean lost trap games, because the team was not prepared, lost in the playoffs simply because he did not get the talent we needed to beat the play off teams.. playoff teams have talent and are consistent..

they do not start fast like we did every year and then crash down the home stretch , they are consistent they win home games and enough road games against poor teams to win divisions..

Why Y'all do not see that is beyond me..

I'm hoping that John learned from mikeys failures and will not repeat them

BTW NE has loads of picks because they trade back a lot and they trade players like Seymor and get value for them and becasue they have talent behind Seymor they could afford to do so....

Hopefully we can be like the Pats down the line be good enough to emulate the best..

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:13 AM
I hear you, it just seems like every year they trade and rape someone. Rape 'em so hard.

Every year they do that they get older and don't develop new talent to be ready. One year they are going to have to use all of those picks and I can't imagine trying to teach that many rookies in one season.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I don't see why the Browns would trade up. Weeden will still be there at 37. The Broncos? Why? That would be Plan B, to go chasing after some QB in the early rounds. Pick up Nick Foles in the 6th round if you want to groom a backup. Besides, are any of them better than Adam Weber? Put his draft profile up against any of these later guys and you would pick him over some of them. Manning, Hanie, Weber. We're all set at QB. Let's go get some playas! If the season goes south get a QB next year.

ClamChowdah
Every year they do that they get older and don't develop new talent to be ready. One year they are going to have to use all of those picks and I can't imagine trying to teach that many rookies in one season.

Who exactly is old on the Patriots?

The Patriots have one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

Gcver2ver3
I dont mind us trading with new england... but i dont get the constant linkage to denver and weeden... does anyone apply common sense before speaking in the media?...

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 10:17 AM
What really pisses me off are all the petty wannabes that seem to think because a team that is a consistent winner is evil..

Do they cheat? probably no worse than the other 30 teams.. They and the saints just got caught but then we got caught fudging the salary caps way back..

They mostly built via the draft after Kraft bought the team, kept the good one and cast off the ass clowns..

they have been consistent winners since they TOOK our spot becasue Pat hired mikey who while being a great OC screwed this team for a decade with lousy drafts..yet he won lots of games yep he did but he lots the big ones when they counted..

with out Elway he was a loser.. by that I mean lost trap games, because the team was not prepared, lost in the playoffs simply because he did not get the talent we needed to beat the play off teams.. playoff teams have talent and are consistent..

they do not start fast like we did every year and then crash down the home stretch , they are consistent they win home games and enough road games against poor teams to win divisions..

BTW NE has loads of picks because they trade back a lot and they trade players like Seymor and get value for them and becasue they have talent behind Seymor they could afford to do so....

Hopefully we can be like the Pats down the line be good enough to emulate the best..

Hey you idiot, we hate them because they bend us over a log and **** us on national tv, not because they are a great nfl organization. It's the same reason we hated Peyton Manning and the Colts sticking us up the ass in the years before that.

Fans hate teams that beat the **** out of their team, thats the way it goes. Just lighten up about self righteousness, lest thou look in the mirror at your self-righteous attitude.

Lighten up Francis, its just fans disliking other teams, that's what makes this fun.

Mogulseeker
04-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Who exactly is old on the Patriots?

The Patriots have one of the youngest teams in the NFL.

Most of their good players - Wilfork, Brady, Branch.

They got Gronk, but I still the the Pats are on a decline. Albeit a slow one.

ward63
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
I really like Weeden, but with Manning (hopefully) being here for 4-5 years, then Weeden will be 33-34 then. It would be dumb of Elway to do that when he can get somebody like Foles later in the draft. I'd like to trade BACK to 31 or later, but not trade up.

Archer81
04-26-2012, 10:23 AM

I agree. It happens to every team, NE will be no different. And when Brady retires...justice...

:Broncos:

Popcorn Sutton
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Let's draft a 28 year old QB to sit for 3 years.

ClamChowdah
04-26-2012, 10:25 AM

Wow 3 players, Branch isn't even relevant, he could be cut tommorow and there would be no drop off, the facts you list Branch as one of the Patriots best players show you have no idea what you're talking about.

Wilfork only just turned 30.

Brady is younger than Manning who is your "future" Hilarious!

The decline has started, 13-3 and in the Superbowl :yayaya:

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
The Browns have a major woody for Weeden....let them overpay the Patsies for him!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d8289e1ab/article/browns-interested-in-brandon-weeden-could-trade-for-qb

srphoenix
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
the pats will probably just keep stockpiling extra picks until they use 4 1sts to move up to first overall after Brady retires and get the next best QB since John Elway.

Although I could see a lot more trades happening in the first round this year due to the rookie slotting contracts.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 10:31 AM
Plus Weeden is the least sensible pick of any QB for the Broncos.

Osweiler will never be able to hold Weeden's jock. Not now, not ever.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:32 AM
Osweiler will never be able to hold Weeden's jock. Not now, not ever.

So you really think the Broncos should invest an early pick (late first or early second) in a guy who will be in his 30s before he ever sees the field?

How many crack pipes have you hit in the last day? I'm at three and I'm still functioning.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I have no problem trading with NE. Its taking Weeden with the pick that pisses me off. I think it would be Osweiller if it was a QB. And i would STILL be pissed if DEN did that, with the talent on the board there.

If the Broncos take a QB I'd prefer Weeden over Osweiler. The biggest knock on Weeden is his age. Osweiler is a major project.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 10:37 AM
So you really think the Broncos should invest an early pick (late first or early second) in a guy who will be in his 30s before he ever sees the field?

How many crack pipes have you hit in the last day? I'm at three and I'm still functioning.

Which way is the wind blowing today? Cuz that's the direction PRICEJJ will be leanin! Hilarious!

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM

You sound like you miss the mCd era.

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM

I will rob AIDS infected puppies if this happens.

There is no logic here. What is the point? If Manning is shot and can't play , the team goes 4-12 or 5-11 with Caleb the Great and you take a QB top 10 next year. Why draft a guy that won't start until his 30's?

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 11:10 AM
I will rob AIDS infected puppies if this happens.

There is no logic here. What is the point? If Manning is shot and can't play , the team goes 4-12 or 5-11 with Caleb the Great and you take a QB top 10 next year. Why draft a guy that won't start until his 30's?

True, but Weeden is as pro ready as any other QB in this draft not named Luck. Yah, he's older and all but if Manning stays healthy and plays 3 more years then Weeden can possibly step in immediately without having to worry about drafting another QB.

I don't like the idea of the Broncos drafting any QB in the first 3 rounds. Do not want.

Crushaholic
04-26-2012, 01:33 PM
The ONLY reason to draft Weeden is if the FO still isn't QUITE sure about Manning's health...

lonestar
04-26-2012, 01:44 PM
The ONLY reason to draft Weeden is if the FO still isn't QUITE sure about Manning's health...

there is NO reason to draft a guy that would be almost as old as Manning is when Manning retires..

if he does not go to a team that he can start for this year sometime then his career clock is MAJOR ticking..

29 year old rookie..

I just hope that John is not that stupid..

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 01:50 PM
there is NO reason to draft a guy that would be almost as old as Manning is when Manning retires..

if he does not go to a team that he can start for this year sometime then his career clock is MAJOR ticking..

29 year old rookie..

I just hope that John is not that stupid..

Bingo.

No way in hell we draft him.

If he was 23 or so, he'd be a top 10 pick.

That's not the case though.

The team that gets him will expect him to start ASAP.

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 02:00 PM
With all of the draft board disparity this year Billy is going lay in the weeds and absolutely molest some poor team desperate to move up.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 02:10 PM

No, I never said that. We signed Peyton Manning to win a Super Bowl. It would be a disservice to him, if we used a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on Weeden. It would also be stupid to waste a 3rd round draft pick on a crappy backup QB (like Osweiler), when we are going to have to use a 1st round draft pick on one in 2013 or 2014, or go back down to the bottom of the NFL when Manning retires.

However, I can see the logic behind selecting Weeden. He is every bit as good as Luck, and prospects like him don't fall to the bottom of the 1st round ever. Green Bay was lucky to get Aaron Rodgers at #24. Drew Brees fell to the Chargers at #32 because of his stature. Weeden is a kick ass QB, and would have a chance to get acclimated to the NFL under one of the best ever. Picking Weeden would put the Broncos ahead of the 'QB curve' for the next 10 years. It would make a ton of sense.

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 02:29 PM
No, I never said that. We signed Peyton Manning to win a Super Bowl. It would be a disservice to him, if we used a 1st or 2nd round draft pick on Weeden. It would also be stupid to waste a 3rd round draft pick on a crappy backup QB (like Osweiler), when we are going to have to use a 1st round draft pick on one in 2013 or 2014, or go back down to the bottom of the NFL when Manning retires.

However, I can see the logic behind selecting Weeden. He is every bit as good as Luck, and prospects like him don't fall to the bottom of the 1st round ever. Green Bay was lucky to get Aaron Rodgers at #24. Drew Brees fell to the Chargers at #32 because of his stature. Weeden is a kick ass QB, and would have a chance to get acclimated to the NFL under one of the best ever. Picking Weeden would put the Broncos ahead of the 'QB curve' for the next 10 years. It would make a ton of sense.

He is every bit as good of a passer, and probably throws a better deep ball than Luck, but Luck is a much more dynamic "athlete." I could see Luck's scrambling skills being tested this year at Indy. Weeden is your typical, pocket passing, low mobility QB - don't expect him to make (or extend) too many plays with his feet.

cutthemdown
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Pats win because they have Brady.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 02:54 PM
He is every bit as good of a passer, and probably throws a better deep ball than Luck, but Luck is a much more dynamic "athlete." I could see Luck's scrambling skills being tested this year at Indy. Weeden is your typical, pocket passing, low mobility QB - don't expect him to make (or extend) too many plays with his feet.

True. But like Elway said, "You win Super Bowl's from the pocket".

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 02:55 PM
True. But like Elway said, "You win Super Bowl's from the pocket".

Endzone

Anikai
04-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I still want Russell Wilson. F everyone else.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 07:23 PM
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We just gave them a stud and a leader.

Doggcow
04-26-2012, 07:28 PM
I like it. Stockpile.

Punisher
04-26-2012, 07:35 PM
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

We just gave them a stud and a leader.

this

Hightower has a B-Dawk attitude i wanted this kid with the 25 pick

Taco John
04-26-2012, 07:44 PM
I would have liked Hightower. I'm reserving judgement until I see what we do with the picks. I sure hope we don't draft Weeden.

Punisher
04-26-2012, 08:02 PM
smh
Hightower,Miller,D.J and Woodyard would of been a solid linebacking crop they must think really highly on Irivng.

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
I would have liked Hightower. I'm reserving judgement until I see what we do with the picks. I sure hope we don't draft Weeden.

He's already a Brown.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 08:49 PM
I like that we were able to stockpile picks especially once all the CB's went off the board.

Time to land us a DT rotation, C, and maybe a MLB.