PDA

View Full Version : Draft Picks That Will Make You Break Your TV.

Requiem
04-25-2012, 06:30 PM
Someone on the Mane is ruining their new plasma screen guaranteed. What player will be the cause of it? Who will that poster be? ^5

27atwater
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
ANY QB in round 1...or in round 2 for that matter.

eddie mac
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM
Gilmore at 7, **** it anyone at 7 not named Cox or Richardson.

A QB in the first 2 rounds

A RB not named Richardson before 57.

peacepipe
04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
if we trade up to 7 for a DT,no matter who it is.especially ryan tannihill.

Broncobiv
04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
QB before day 3 (although I wouldn't prefer one at all).

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 06:49 PM
ANY QB in round 1...or in round 2 for that matter.

Especially Osweiler. But any QB in those two rounds will at least make me puke.

I love my plasma too much to hurt it. ;D

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Gilmore at 7, **** it anyone at 7 not named Cox or Richardson.

A QB in the first 2 rounds

A RB not named Richardson before 57.

I'm sure he will slip that far

gyldenlove
04-25-2012, 06:53 PM
A QB in the 1st or 2nd not named Tannehill, Janoris Jenkins or any RB other than Richardson in the 1st, any WR in the 1st or 2nd, Coby Fleener.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 06:57 PM
A Xander's "value pick"

Requiem
04-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Vontaze Burfict, anyone?

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0418/mag_cp_burfict01_576.jpg

razorwire77
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
1.) A Weeden 1st round pick.
2.) Giving up two first rounders, trading up to the 7th Pick and drafting Gilmore if Cox is still there.
3.) Drafting any RB at 25 if Brockers, Kirkpatrick, or even Still are still available.
4.) A TE first round pick
5.) a Nick Perry DE first round pick.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 07:04 PM
it depends on where we pick them. Jerel Worthy in the first round makes me break a damn TV. in the 2nd i'm cool with it as good value.
trading up to #7 for Gilmore is another. i love Gilmore as a prospect but that's too high and too heavy a price to pay.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
fleener in the 1st rd...

any qb in the 1st rd...

i'm literally open to just about anything other than those two things in the 1st round...

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 07:07 PM
Vontaze Burfict, anyone?

No way we take him. No way. :pray:

TheReverend
04-25-2012, 07:09 PM
Any early QB

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 07:11 PM
What if Burfict doesn't get drafted, but gets an invite to camp?

Is he that far gone that undrafted free agent status is tainted as well?

Lycan
04-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Any QB in the first/second/third or Doug Martin at #25. = Not a happy person.

Archer81
04-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Any QB in the first round. The rage drops per round. So Denver should be safe to pick a QB next year.

If the player is an impact guy I'd be ok with it...as long as its not QB. I will eat babies if that happens.

:Broncos:

Heyneck
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
any QB rounds 1-3...

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 07:22 PM

yes

Heyneck
04-25-2012, 07:24 PM

Hell no!!! If we get Burfict without having to use a draft pick on him, that would be awesome!!! Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Burfict has the talent and natural ability that would merit that. Plus if he screws the pooch in camp... we don't loose nothing. We have Mays and Predator waiting to battle it out... unless we pick and ILB in the first round... Burfict would be nice depth and a risk that could turn up for the best!!!

rugbythug
04-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Weeden

broncolife
04-25-2012, 07:28 PM
A Cb in round 1
A Qb in round 1 or 2
A kicker in any round

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Hell no!!! If we get Burfict without having to use a draft pick on him, that would be awesome!!! Everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Burfict has the talent and natural ability that would merit that. Plus if he screws the pooch in camp... we don't loose nothing. We have Mays and Predator waiting to battle it out... unless we pick and ILB in the first round... Burfict would be nice depth and a risk that could turn up for the best!!!

Sapp turned into a very good DT after having his stock plummet due to weed but I don't remember how close it was to the draft.

I would have to go with QB, LT or maybe DE.

Broncoman13
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Taking Fleener in the first.

Not taking Poe if available at 25... not taking Ta'Amu if available at 57.

g6matty
04-25-2012, 08:36 PM
Dontari Poe

gunns
fleener in the 1st rd...

any qb in the 1st rd...

i'm literally open to just about anything other than those two things in the 1st round...

I agree but I'll add WR in the 1st round.

Taco John
I could go this entire draft without seeing a QB drafted and be happy, but I would feel like it was a huge waste if we drafted Weeden. I'd be ok with Kellen in a late round.

Tim
04-25-2012, 08:46 PM
A QB in RD 1-3 unless luck or RG3 slip :)

pricejj
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I could go this entire draft without seeing a QB drafted and be happy, but I would feel like it was a huge waste if we drafted Weeden. I'd be ok with Kellen in a late round.

I am not advocating to pick Weeden by any stretch of the imagination...but consider this.

It is quite possible that the Broncos will be drafting in the bottom of the 1st for the next few years (that's what we hope). There won't be any QB prospects available to us better than Weeden. He could learn under Manning and start when he's 31. Remember, Weeden beat Luck.

Nobody we pick to "develop" in the 3rd or 4th round is going to ever going to be great.

Bacchus
04-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Taking Fleener in the first.

I'm starting to think Denver might draft him. I would not be opposed to it. He has all the skills to be a very good TE and a playmaker.

Taco John
04-25-2012, 09:10 PM
I am not advocating to pick Weeden by any stretch of the imagination...but consider this.

It is quite possible that the Broncos will be drafting in the bottom of the 1st for the next few years (that's what we hope). There won't be any QB prospects available to us better than Weeden. He could learn under Manning and start when he's 31. Remember, Weeden beat Luck.

Nobody we pick to "develop" in the 3rd or 4th round is going to ever going to be great.

Like I said - if we use a first round draft pick to grab a quarterback who wont start until he's 31 - that's about the only move in this draft that I can think of that I will be unhinged over.

RaiderH8r
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Someone on the Mane is ruining their new plasma screen guaranteed. What player will be the cause of it? Who will that poster be? ^5

Trading a future first to grab Fonzi Smith in the first round.

RaiderH8r
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Like I said - if we use a first round draft pick to grab a quarterback who wont start until he's 31 - that's about the only move in this draft that I can think of that I will be unhinged over.

Taco speaks truth. Listen. No to Weeden. Maybe to Ostweiler but I too could go the draft without going QB. Peyton is our ride or die bitch as he goes so goes this team.

MVP-06
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone who doesn't play defense in the first two rounds

pricejj
04-25-2012, 09:32 PM
Taco speaks truth. Listen. No to Weeden. Maybe to Ostweiler but I too could go the draft without going QB. Peyton is our ride or die b**** as he goes so goes this team.

Of course no to Weeden. But, the Broncos will be screwed again when Manning retires.

Osweiler won't ever be crap in the NFL. Not now. Not in 3 years. Pretty much, only high 1st round draft picks ever amount to anything.

Weeden is the awesome backup that we wish Hanie was.

ThirtyDegrees
04-25-2012, 09:34 PM

Why, we're just going with plan A again?

Taco John
04-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Of course no to Weeden. But, the Broncos will be screwed again when Manning retires.

Osweiler won't ever be crap in the NFL. Not now. Not in 3 years. Pretty much, only high 1st round draft picks ever amount to anything.

Weeden is the awesome backup that we wish Hanie was.

In 3 years, who knows who might be available...

Requiem
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM
Apparently, a team has "promised" Bruce Irvin that they would select him if he was there in the first. Someone on NFLDC thinks it may be the Broncos. OMFG. NO!

ThirtyDegrees
04-25-2012, 10:04 PM
In 3 years, who knows who might be available...

If the Broncos are forced to rely upon the draft for their replacement quarterback in three years, bad things are going to happen.

They need to plan for life after Peyton now, because literally nobody has any idea how long he'll be able to play for.

Taco John
04-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Why, we're just going with plan A again?

The NFL is a plan A league. Which team really believes that they're going to win the superbowl with their back-up quarterback? Hell, the Giants thought they were screwed when they were stuck with Jeff Hostetler. There is no such thing as plan B in the NFL.

Taco John
04-25-2012, 10:07 PM
If the Broncos are forced to rely upon the draft for their replacement quarterback in three years, bad things are going to happen.

They need to plan for life after Peyton now, because literally nobody has any idea how long he'll be able to play for.

Fine, draft Kellen in the 5th or something. We don't need to spin our wheels on Weeden.

ThirtyDegrees
04-25-2012, 10:10 PM
The NFL is a plan A league. Which team really believes that they're going to win the superbowl with their back-up quarterback? Hell, the Giants thought they were screwed when they were stuck with Jeff Hostetler. There is no such thing as plan B in the NFL.

Hostetler had been with the Giants for five years before Simms broke his foot, they knew precisely what they had with him as a backup.

The Broncos on the other hand have not had a capable back up for most of the last fifteen years with the exception of Gus Frerotte, in 2006 when they had both Cutler and Plummer on the roster, and the last two seasons with Tebow.

They need to bring someone in that has the potential to play if Peyton is injured at any point over the next few years (I don't necessarily care if they play well) and has the potential to grow into a starter within the next two or three years.

Caleb Hanie might be that person with the right coaching, but they need to spend a draft pick on a quarterback by the fourth round.

Mogulseeker
04-25-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not opposed to spending a 2nd on a QBOF... if we can get one.

Brock Osweiler in the 2nd, I would be fine with.

Dedhed
04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
Dontari Poe

Or Brockers.

Baba Booey
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Brockers and Poe. No time for projects.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 10:44 PM
Fine, draft Kellen in the 5th or something. We don't need to spin our wheels on Weeden.

as a mental exercise....

Kellen ain't no Weeden.

Griffin, and Tannehill ain't no Weeden either.

Baba Booey
04-25-2012, 10:47 PM
Honestly, if Hill is there and they feel like adding a weapon like him is the best thing, so be it.

Fleener would aggravate me, though, after the signings of Dreesen and Tamme and the two young tight ends already here.

CEH
04-26-2012, 04:57 AM
Kendell Wright and his 16% body fat or Coby Fleener I'd accpet it but would not have high hopes

peacepipe
04-26-2012, 05:46 AM

assuming PM only plays 2 yrs,if he plays 3-4 yrs? weeden will be 34. is 1st yr starting we'd have to draft his replacement.

Bmore Manning
04-26-2012, 06:18 AM
Apparently, a team has "promised" Bruce Irvin that they would select him if he was there in the first. Someone on NFLDC thinks it may be the Broncos. OMFG. NO!

What position would he play?

cutthemdown
04-26-2012, 06:20 AM

Burfict would be sort of like the Clarrett pick. WTF but maybe hope he lives up to something. But I think the Mane would go off the deep end with any QB in the first 3 rounds.

Bmore Manning
04-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Jerel Worthy sorry Req
Peter Konz
Coby Fleener

It's been reported that Houston may take Fleener, since Denver is one spot ahead, I fully expect Denver to trade down, unless a top player is still available.

cutthemdown
04-26-2012, 06:22 AM
LOL classic mane. Some people nightmare is selecting a guy, then another nightmare is not selecting that same player. LOL!. I love it.

phibacka31
04-26-2012, 06:28 AM

hell...no...

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2012, 06:30 AM
LOL classic mane. Some people nightmare is selecting a guy, then another nightmare is not selecting that same player. LOL!. I love it.

According to this thread there is 100% chance of some Best Buy business Friday... influx of bronco fans shopping for new tvs...

RocBronc
04-26-2012, 06:31 AM
- A QB before the 4th round
- Coby Fleener
- A DE in the first round...

I won't break my plasma, but if we draft anyone but Kirkpatrick or Brockers with the 25th pick I'm not going to be happy. If these guys are gone, we need to trade down.

I know that it takes a trade partner willing to give decent value for your pick, so I'll temper my frustration because of this, but I hope we don't get too greedy...

spdirty
04-26-2012, 06:38 AM
Think I might have to watch on my 11 year old TV tonight. Its got sentimental value, but I paid a grand for the 65 incher and if the Broncos get me to break another TV, I'd rather it be the old one.

After tonight, if we have another QB, RB, or WR, I might do it. Also, if we trade up to 7 for a corner with Cox still on the board, I might have to do some breathing exercises and take a walk to prevent me from doing it. That worked when we drafted Knowshon. But at the same time, I was at my wife's friends house at the time and had situational awareness. So I took a walk, called my dad, and started screaming at him rather than break their TV. Had he agreed with the pick and argued with me I might have broken my phone. Glad he agreed with me that McDip**** was an idiot. Would have sucked to have to buy a new phone.

After that pick I didn't get angry with any more of McDip****s draft picks because I knew we were screwed until he was gone.

Hope this is a good draft.

HighCountryBronco
04-26-2012, 08:03 AM
If Dont'a Hightower is still available at 25 and they don't take him, or Courtney Upshaw is still there at 25 and they pass on him, I'll be f***ing pissed. Also, Weeden or any QB or TE in the first 2 rounds would not be good for my health.

HighCountryBronco
04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Think I might have to watch on my 11 year old TV tonight. Its got sentimental value, but I paid a grand for the 65 incher and if the Broncos get me to break another TV, I'd rather it be the old one.

After tonight, if we have another QB, RB, or WR, I might do it. Also, if we trade up to 7 for a corner with Cox still on the board, I might have to do some breathing exercises and take a walk to prevent me from doing it. That worked when we drafted Knowshon. But at the same time, I was at my wife's friends house at the time and had situational awareness. So I took a walk, called my dad, and started screaming at him rather than break their TV. Had he agreed with the pick and argued with me I might have broken my phone. Glad he agreed with me that McDip**** was an idiot. Would have sucked to have to buy a new phone.

After that pick I didn't get angry with any more of McDip****s draft picks because I knew we were screwed until he was gone.

Hope this is a good draft.

Man, I thought you were my brother for a second while i was reading your post, sounds just like him LOL. He is on his third TV in like 8 years and i don't know, but, he might be on his fourth after tonight.
Hilarious!

fontaine
04-26-2012, 08:15 AM
They need to bring someone in that has the potential to play if Peyton is injured at any point over the next few years (I don't necessarily care if they play well) and has the potential to grow into a starter within the next two or three years.

Caleb Hanie might be that person with the right coaching, but they need to spend a draft pick on a quarterback by the fourth round.

You think Caleb Hanie might have the potential to grow into a starter in two/three years?

Wow.

Kaylore
04-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Vontaze Burfict, anyone?

If we picked him with any pick I would break something. And I will laugh at the team that wastes their pick on him for years.

phibacka31
04-26-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm betting that it's the Pats that told Irvin they'd pick him... Just a hunch

phibacka31
04-26-2012, 09:36 AM
Brandon Weeden in the first And I'd need a new TV, car, guitar, etc...

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm betting that it's the Pats that told Irvin they'd pick him... Just a hunch

Houston, Green Bay or New England is my guess. Probably a 3-4 team.

phibacka31
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
Houston, Green Bay or New England is my guess. Probably a 3-4 team.

Yep...

Man-Goblin
If we picked him with any pick I would break something. And I will laugh at the team that wastes their pick on him for years.

I would feel the same way about Janoris Jenkins. Except the laughing part. It would probably be more like a crying rage while we watch what this guy does after he gets his first real paycheck.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/gators/despite-off-field-troubles-ex-gators-cb-janoris-2321120.html

Why does a 23-year-old have four children by three different women?

"It's weird because I had those kids while I was playing college football and it didn't affect me not once," said Jenkins, who is from Pahokee. "I'm proud to have my four kids. If they want to throw that in my face, so be it.

"Everybody has kids. Where in the book do it say you can't have kids? It doesn't say that in the law. I'm a great father. I'm there whenever they need me."

And...

"I was just being a college student," he said. "I'm pretty sure there were more guys than me that smoked. I just got caught."

phibacka31
I honestly don't even know what my reaction would be if the Broncos picked Irvin...

gunns
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM

This

Requiem
04-26-2012, 09:41 AM
I honestly don't even know what my reaction would be if the Broncos picked Irvin...

I'd probably look like this. . .

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/618/562/137249864_crop_650x440.jpg?1332166619

phibacka31
04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Maybe like this....
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zqCHc3CnfTk/Tbz3IvPUdvI/AAAAAAAAAmA/udv01ZkZEww/s1600/stunned+face.jpg

Than like this...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9oz-td-nBUs/TtM4Y_u_8-I/AAAAAAAABU0/fFmigfMC6hY/s1600/stunned.jpg

And finally like this...
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002227225/4017813062_Drunk_Main_xlarge.jpeg

ludo21
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM

^5

indeed!

I really would hate if we take an OL in the first 4 rounds

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Anyone smash their TV?

orinjkrush
04-27-2012, 06:13 PM
I would feel the same way about Janoris Jenkins. Except the laughing part. It would probably be more like a crying rage while we watch what this guy does after he gets his first real paycheck.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/gators/despite-off-field-troubles-ex-gators-cb-janoris-2321120.html

Why does a 23-year-old have four children by three different women?

"It's weird because I had those kids while I was playing college football and it didn't affect me not once," said Jenkins, who is from Pahokee. "I'm proud to have my four kids. If they want to throw that in my face, so be it.

"Everybody has kids. Where in the book do it say you can't have kids? It doesn't say that in the law. I'm a great father. I'm there whenever they need me."

And...

"I was just being a college student," he said. "I'm pretty sure there were more guys than me that smoked. I just got caught."

this guy was the star of the movie, IDIOCRACY

OBF1
04-27-2012, 06:18 PM
LMAO.... read this thread now, Alot of broken TV's at the Orangemane cribs.