Demonstrated athleticism
Quick get off
Can pressure the quarterback
Team leader
Very experienced

Weaknesses:
Agility; can struggle to redirect
Not a natural pass-rusher, may be pulled from game in NFL

Summary: Reyes has been one of the best defensive linemen in the Big East the past few seasons. The versatile defender caused consistent disruption for the Huskies. He could fit somewhere in any NFL defense and probably could play multiple positions.

Reyes saw his first playing time as redshirt freshman, but his best season was his senior year. He was very tough on offensive lines in 2011, totaling 46 tackles with 13.5 tackles for a loss and 4.5 sack. Reyes was a forceful run defender who offered some pass rush. He routinely beat offensive linemen in the one-on-one drills at the Senior Bowl. He has a powerful bull rush to go along with some surprising speed rushes. The North defensive linemen really struggled with blocking him all week.

Reyes had a superb Combine. He had an ultra-fast 40 time of 4.79 seconds and did well in the field drills. Reyes struggled to redirect in games, but at the Combine, he was very athletic.

In watching Reyes, he was inconsistent with his closing speed. During the games, Reyes would break away from his blocker, but be unable to get sacks as he was slow to close on the quarterback. Reyes looked completely different at the Senior Bowl, collapsing the pocket in an instant. It is hard to define what he will do in that regard in the NFL, as he could go either direction. It is possible that Reyes could turn into a two-down defender who is taken out of the game in certain pass-rushing situations.

Scheme versatility helps Reyes' draft stock as he should have the flexibility to be a 4-3 defensive tackle or a 3-4 defensive end. Reyes has played a lot of positions along the defensive line. Connecticut had him playing a two-gap technique, three-technique, zero-technique at nose tackle and defensive end. He even did some stand-up rush linebacker. Reyes is a fringe first-rounder who could go in the top 32, but may slip into the second round.

Player Comparison: Ron Edwards. Reyes reminds me of Panthers' defensive tackle Edwards. After some productive seasons for the Chiefs, Edwards missed the 2011 season with an injury. Edwards (6-3, 315) is tough at the point of the attack and is strong against the run. If Reyes fills out his frame in the NFL, he could be very similar to Edwards.

NFL Matches: Denver, Green Bay, New England, St. Louis, Carolina

Reyes could be an option for a lot of teams late in the first round and early in the second round. The Broncos badly need a defensive tackle, and Reyes could be the best one available if there is a run at the position.

Reyes has taken pre-draft visits to the Broncos, Raiders and Chargers.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2012kreyes.php

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I think we're set at run stuffers. What we need is a guy who can rush up the middle.

socalorado
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I would have no problem whatsoever if DEN took Reyes at #25.

ludo21
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
The more I think about Reyes skills of moving around the line at uconn, the more I like him.

Although I see your point Roh...

Bmore Manning
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I think we're set at run stuffers. What we need is a guy who can rush up the middle.

He was great at the Senior Bowl, Mayock had a hard on for him.. I just don't know which Reyes you would get, the combine and senior bowl monster or the guy who doesn't show all that all the time on film..?

Dedhed
04-25-2012, 10:50 AM
I like Reyes, but he'll be over drafted. He certainly won't be the BPA at #25.

lonestar
04-25-2012, 10:57 AM
one of the best of the class..

and some folks are bitching that he is not perfect..

unless you're drafting in the top ten it is unlikely you're going to get all of your wish list in a player..

but then that is just part of the price of winning the PIT game..

the loss of as many as 8 slots in each and every round..

Drafting 8 slots earlier in each round would IMHO been worth not winning that game..That said had we went on to win it all it would have been worth it.. BUT after getting our asses handed to us by NE the next week made it clear that we need better players via the draft than a single win against a beat up Steeler team.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 10:59 AM
he's a versatile guy, i think he can be a Ty Warren type. play some 3-4 type end, 4-3 DT, gives you a lot of options. i think he can be had at 30 or later so i'd love to trade down a few spots, pick up a extra pick and then take him. but you never know with teams these days, once the DL run starts it's hard to know where it'll stop.

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 11:06 AM
one of the best of the class..

and some folks are b****ing that he is not perfect..

unless you're drafting in the top ten it is unlikely you're going to get all of your wish list in a player..

but then that is just part of the price of winning the PIT game..

the loss of as many as 8 slots in each and every round..

Drafting 8 slots earlier in each round would IMHO been worth not winning that game..That said had we went on to win it all it would have been worth it.. BUT after getting our asses handed to us by NE the next week made it clear that we need better players via the draft than a single win against a beat up Steeler team.

Winning games, ESPECIALLY playoff games, always has more value than the draft.

After all, it's why the teams exist.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Yeah, i dont get any other logic. or why people claim Tebow was a "bust." He gave us a playoff victory and an exciting season. I'm not sure what scale people are using, but considering players are drafted to enhance a product, he played his part.

lonestar
04-25-2012, 11:16 AM

NO teams exist to provide WINNING programs and to win Super Bowls .

Unless you do that then you player or coach deficient.

If it is not coaching then, the only way you get better is to draft wisely and IF your drafting lower you have better choices and chances, to do so.

IMO if you're not winning the brass ring, then go for the gusto on draft day..

a cheap assed win in the playoffs against a partial team meant ZIP.. felt good for a few minutes..

and the rest of the football world saw it for what it was, we beat a team on a lucky pass that was playing wounded players at best or loads of their talent was on the sideline. and YES I know that time of year that happens to every team. But it was not becasue we were the better team..

Getting Miller in the draft last year feels great for maybe a decade or more..

had we not got our asses handed to us the next week and maybe even played a close game I would maybe buy into it was worth it..

But all it did was PROVE to everyone that is not a moron that we are talent poor.. you fix that via the draft..

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I hope the Broncos draft this kid, second round would be fantastic.

lonestar
04-25-2012, 11:22 AM
Yeah, i dont get any other logic. or why people claim Tebow was a "bust." He gave us a playoff victory and an exciting season. I'm not sure what scale people are using, but considering players are drafted to enhance a product, he played his part.

I loved Tebow and what he brought to the team..

My post was nothing against the kid.. He was drafted as a 3-4 year project and yes he helped to win a playoff game..

Great I felt great, but it was short-lived and NOW we are paying the price..

8 slots in every round this year for that minute of glory..

I believe in LONG term goals not JUST right now goals..

we had the potential for getting OPTIONS on perhaps as many as 50 better players than we will tomorrow and the next 2 days..

I'm sorry Y'all do not see the bigger picture..

I want a decade of Superbowl wins in a row not just a playoff win every so often..

Rohirrim

If it is not coaching then, the only way you get better is to draft wisely and IF your drafting lower you have better choices and chances, to do so.

a cheap assed win in the playoffs against a partial team meant ZIP.. felt good for a few minutes..

and the rest of the football world saw it for what it was, we beat a team on a lucky pass that was playing wounded players at best or loads of their talent was on the sideline. and YES I know that time of year that happens to every team. But it was not becasue we were the better team..

had we not got our asses handed to us the next week and maybe even played a close game I would maybe buy into it was worth it..

But all it did was PROVE to everyone that is not a moron that we are talent poor.. you fix that via the draft..

Draft wisely. There's the rub.

SonOfLe-loLang

OK, so under this theory, if we can't win a superbowl (a hard thing to do), you'd rather be 0-16 every season.

Makes no sense

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM

My post was nothing against the kid.. He was drafted as a 3-4 year project and yes he helped to win a playoff game..

we had the potential for getting OPTIONS on perhaps as many as 50 better players than we will tomorrow and the next 2 days..

I want a decade of Superbowl wins in a row not just a playoff win every so often..

There are draft busts EVERYWHERE in the first round. We didn't pay the price of ****. We won a playoff game, it was a very entertaining season. Thats why we watch sports...to be entertained. Mission accomplished.

rugbythug
04-25-2012, 12:02 PM

I want a decade of Superbowl wins in a row not just a playoff win every so often..i would counter that trevor price and al williams are our best draft picks. In the last 15night years. The draft is not exact. The raiders have perfected your ideals

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:26 PM
i would counter that trevor price and al williams are our best draft picks. In the last 15night years. The draft is not exact. The raiders have perfected your ideals

pryce sure was a great pick but had to be motivated every third week or so by being mikey or later on by Rod..

as for al WILSON a great pick until his hands were mangled up..

But go back and look at all the other 1-3 round picks that mikey did..

only 6 (you ones you mentioned are in this 6) of 41 ever resigned a second contract with the broncos after/before their rookie contracts expired..

as for the raiders.. hardly they drafted speed and hands as their first criteria..

so much if not all of their early picks were failures because of that..

but good try..

yes the draft is a crap shoot..

BUT if your drafting earlier you have less risk of getting a failure.. you have choices that you do not have at 25.. about 50 differrnet choices over this draft..

Not sure why y'all do not see this..

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
There are draft busts EVERYWHERE in the first round. We didn't pay the price of ****. We won a playoff game, it was a very entertaining season. Thats why we watch sports...to be entertained. Mission accomplished.

Had we last that game by 1-3 points the excitement of the season would have still been there.

no one will ever take that away from me..

and BTW we would have been drafting at about 17 tomorrow.. all teh better..

rugbythug
04-25-2012, 12:29 PM
It does not give you pause that everyone else does not see this?

rugbythug
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
pryce sure was a great pick but had to be motivated every third week or so by being mikey or later on by Rod..

as for al WILSON a great pick until his hands were mangled up..

But go back and look at all the other 1-3 round picks that mikey did..

only 6 (you ones you mentioned are in this 6) of 41 ever resigned a second contract with the broncos after/before their rookie contracts expired..

as for the raiders.. hardly they drafted speed and hands as their first criteria..

so much if not all of their early picks were failures because of that..

but good try..

yes the draft is a crap shoot..

BUT if your drafting earlier you have less risk of getting a failure.. you have choices that you do not have at 25.. about 50 differrnet choices over this draft..

Not sure why y'all do not see this..your not grasping your own thoughht. Process.. you have negatives on 2the of the best to be a broncos. If they arnt good no one ever will be? They were also 25 and 31. All pros are found throuout the first thing round.. dorry phone sucks

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
OK, so under this theory, if we can't win a superbowl (a hard thing to do), you'd rather be 0-16 every season.

Makes no sense

hmm did I say that or even hint of it?

No I said I'd rather have options at 17 instead of 25 if we are going to keep getting our asses kicked in the playoffs.

We have better options to draft quality there than where we are..

BPA is always going to be better mid round than late round..

That is where I want to be..

always drafting BPA instead of HAVING to fill uber weak spots..

and that is where we have been since we won the super bowls..

always having to fill holes..

Give me a team that wins super bowls consistently and that means NO holes to fill and we can draft BPA even if we have someone at that spot.. Because I know that it gives me options of trading players for more draft picks..

Good teams like PIT, NE, BAL, NYG are there yearly becasue they have home grown teams.. and in NE case they could afford to trade Seymor for 2 number 1's because they had bodies to fill the spot.. and that breeds even more draft picks and trades for even more picks..

I hope some day we will be back in that spot having OPTIONS.. instead of having to fill holes..

I realize that most hate NE, but I see what they have accomplished mostly at our expense and hope we can reverse that role..

We were the top dawgs in the late 90's, but then Robert Kraft took the leadership of owners and while Pat allowed mikey to run us into the ground in the following decade they took our spot..

Now we have a chance to grab it back with John at the helm..

Lets hope he does so..

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:41 PM
It does not give you pause that everyone else does not see this?

I guess it gives me more opportunity to TEACH it.

it is logical thought.. not emo..

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Had we last that game by 1-3 points the excitement of the season would have still been there.

no one will ever take that away from me..

and BTW we would have been drafting at about 17 tomorrow.. all teh better..

I'd take the victory EVERY SINGLE TIME. In 20 years, we'll remember the pass. In 20 years, we probably dont remember who is taken 17th or 25th overall

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
your not grasping your own thoughht. Process.. you have negatives on 2the of the best to be a broncos. If they arnt good no one ever will be? They were also 25 and 31. All pros are found throuout the first thing round.. dorry phone sucks

I understand that they were great players..

and they were very late choices..

I understand that but they were also not taken becasue we HAD to have a DE or a LB..

they were BPA at that moment.

they did not have to start day one..they had guys in front of them to beat out..

any and all of mikeys picks after that were hole fillers.. and probably why most failed to become the best..

Are you telling me that JUST becasue we got two good ones late that drafting earlier we would have blown those picks?

17 Washington Redskins Kenard Lang DE Miami (Fla.)
18 Tennessee Oilers Kenny Holmes DE Miami (Fla.)
19 Indianapolis Colts Tarik Glenn G California
20 Minnesota Vikings Dwayne Rudd LB Alabama
21 Jacksonville Jaguars Renaldo Wynn DT Notre Dame
22 Dallas Cowboys David LaFleur TE Louisiana State
23 Buffalo Bills Antowain Smith RB Houston
24 Pittsburgh Steelers Chad Scott CB Maryland
25 Philadelphia Eagles Jon Harris DE Virginia
26 San Francisco 49ers Jim Druckenmiller QB Virginia Tech
27 Carolina Panthers Rae Carruth WR Colorado
28 Denver Broncos Trevor Pryce DT Clemson

========

16 Tennessee Titans Jevon Kearse DE Florida
17 New England Patriots Damien Woody C Boston College
18 Oakland Raiders Matt Stinchcomb T Georgia
19 New York Giants Luke Petitgout G Notre Dame
20 Dallas Cowboys Ebenezer Ekuban DE North Carolina
21 Arizona Cardinals L.J. Shelton T Eastern Michigan
22 Seattle Seahawks Lamar King DE Saginaw Valley State
23 Buffalo Bills Antoine Winfield CB Ohio State
24 San Francisco 49ers Reggie McGrew DT Florida
25 Green Bay Packers Antuan Edwards CB Clemson
26 Jacksonville Jaguars Fernando Bryant CB Alabama
27 Detroit Lions Aaron Gibson T Wisconsin
28 New England Patriots Andy Katzenmoyer MLB Ohio State
29 Minnesota Vikings Dimitrius Underwood DE Michigan State
30 Atlanta Falcons Patrick Kerney DE Virginia
31 Denver Broncos Al Wilson MLB Tennessee

Are you saying that one of those guys that went before us would not have been a better pick as BPA?

NOw do you see it?

It is clear as bell for me..

lonestar
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
I'd take the victory EVERY SINGLE TIME. In 20 years, we'll remember the pass. In 20 years, we probably dont remember who is taken 17th or 25th overall

I see a Short term planner, I take it your a democrat.

I would have remembred the game with out the pass as I do the season..

something we have lacked over the past decacde passion for the game..

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2012, 01:03 PM
I see a Short term planner, I take it your a democrat.

I would have remembred the game with out the pass as I do the season..

something we have lacked over the past decacde passion for the game..

I love how you equate political affliation with a football game. You can't get your head out of your own ass when it comes to a simple understanding of why we watch football.

Its entertainment, its for comraderie, and for memories. Super bowls don't add up to more money (for you) or some kind of gateway into some sort of heaven. You're losing complete sight of that.

not to mention, the draft is often a crapshoot (despite your anecdotal evidence) and getting the number 17 pick doesn't vastly improve our chances at winning anything. Unless the prize is a franchise QB (like Luck), i see no reason to lose games in the name of draft position...especially iconic, memorable ones.

And you say IM the short sighted one? You keep missing the bigger picture of why we like sports.

Requiem
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Ignore him, Lo. He isn't worth the effort.

lonestar
04-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Ignore him, Lo. He isn't worth the effort.

Pot kettle..

go dream somewhere else..

lonestar
04-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I love how you equate political affliation with a football game. You can't get your head out of your own ass when it comes to a simple understanding of why we watch football.

Its entertainment, its for comraderie, and for memories. Super bowls don't add up to more money (for you) or some kind of gateway into some sort of heaven. You're losing complete sight of that.

not to mention, the draft is often a crapshoot (despite your anecdotal evidence) and getting the number 17 pick doesn't vastly improve our chances at winning anything. Unless the prize is a franchise QB (like Luck), i see no reason to lose games in the name of draft position...especially iconic, memorable ones.

And you say IM the short sighted one? You keep missing the bigger picture of why we like sports.

Yes I get that sports is for our entertainment.. Have been entertained by the broncos for probably longer than you've been alive..

I was there for game one at old Bears staduim..was there for every game after till I was moved out-of-state either for work or while in the Navy..

as for not getting better talent and THUS being entertained more well I guess that is something over your pay grade..

I'm thinking I'd rather have a better players than a cheap win that the whole league laughs at..

Frankly when we play them again we are probably going to get our asses handed to us AGAIN.. SO think about that after they do it..

Just maybe had we had the 17-19 pick this year it would have made a difference..

See y'all again tomorrow same time (maybe) go importaant things to do.. instead of 'playing" on the internet all day

Requiem
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Pot kettle..

go dream somewhere else..

As you can see, nobody likes you at this forum either.

And nobody gives a **** if you bring up my name from another board. Your puns aren't even funny. Most people know I posted there too.

http://i48.tinypic.com/sqt6ib.jpg

pricejj
04-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Kendall Reyes is a good, but he wasn't Big East DPOY.

That would be Derek Wolfe.

lonestar
04-25-2012, 02:04 PM
As you can see, nobody likes you at this forum either.

And nobody gives a **** if you bring up my name from another board. Your puns aren't even funny. Most people know I posted there too.

Only a few morons that have an agenda, but frankly I do not care..

you are forever dream the skinny little punk that thinks he is a draft guru..

Your just pissed because I was one who banned you from the other site..

little big man on the internet..

Requiem
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Only a few morons that have an agenda, but frankly I do not care..

you are forever dream the skinny little punk that thinks he is a draft guru..

little big man on the internet..

Of course you care, otherwise you wouldn't respond.

I thought you had better things to do today?

Are you excited to troll (with RCSODAK, etc.) when I make my next BroncoTalk post? Just know, we aren't stupid and can see your IP address and everything when you do that ****. So I wouldn't do it again. Just keep that in mind.

The fact that you guys are in your 50s and have been following me around for ten years is quite sad.

barryr
04-25-2012, 08:51 PM
I like Reyes more than Worthy and Still.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I like Reyes more than Worthy and Still.

1. Wolfe
2. Thompson
3. Reyes

barryr
04-25-2012, 09:16 PM
1. Wolfe
2. Thompson
3. Reyes

I like Reyes more than both of those guys and have stated many times if the Broncos stay at 25 and look DT, Reyes should be the guy. I like Thompson in the 2nd round and would not be unhappy if they somehow landed both Reyes and Thompson. I see Wolfe as a 3-4 DE, although I wouldn't mind him a bit. Worthy and Still just have the looks of guys whose motor will run here and there and won't be anything more than a Marcus Thomas, who is an average at best player.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 09:19 PM
I like Reyes more than both of those guys and have stated many times if the Broncos stay at 25 and look DT, Reyes should be the guy. I like Thompson in the 2nd round and would not be unhappy if they somehow landed both Reyes and Thompson. I see Wolfe as a 3-4 DE, although I wouldn't mind him a bit. Worthy and Still just have the looks of guys whose motor will run here and there and won't be anything more than a Marcus Thomas, who is an average at best player.

I'm with ya. Can't believe the draft is tomorrow. Somebody is going to have to talk me down from the skyscraper ledge if the Broncos draft Kirkpatrick or Worthy at #25.

barryr
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm with ya. Can't believe the draft is tomorrow. Somebody is going to have to talk me down from the skyscraper ledge if the Broncos draft Kirkpatrick or Worthy at #25.

I'm more than ok with Kirkpatrick since he has nice size and good enough speed for CB, but Worthy is another story. I just don't see it with him. Maybe at 57, but I don't see how he is the 25th best player in this draft.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm more than ok with Kirkpatrick since he has nice size and good enough speed for CB, but Worthy is another story. I just don't see it with him. Maybe at 57, but I don't see how he is the 25th best player in this draft.

Anybody but those two, or you are going to see me on the news ready to jump off the overpass.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 09:31 PM
so long as it's not Worthy i can deal with whomever is the pick at #25.