PDA

View Full Version : What Tebow REALLY brought to Denver, now to...

The Moops
04-25-2012, 08:22 AM
What Tebow REALLY brought to the Broncos, now to the Jets!

http://bit.ly/I9phP0

bfoflcommish
04-25-2012, 08:26 AM
WHOA!!!!! I forgot we were the 1st team to ever beat a #1 seed in 1st round of NFL playoffs. I take back everything I ever said!!!!

good riddance.....or should I say, see you in a year from now?

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 08:26 AM
Because winning an NFL Championship is the only reason bringing in Manning
will be worth it. Anything less will be a failure.

Really? What if we don't win a championship after three years and Tebow is out of the league? Will that be a failure?

bfoflcommish
04-25-2012, 08:27 AM
p.s. you are older than manning, how could have have known to "grow up a Colts fan" to be a manning fan?

The Moops
04-25-2012, 08:30 AM
It will be a failure because the Broncos are gambling by trying to win without rebuilding. You can't buy a championship, except in baseball.

See 2011 Eagles

bfoflcommish
04-25-2012, 08:30 AM
It will be a failure because the Broncos are gambling by trying to win without rebuilding. You can't buy a championship, except in baseball.

See 2011 Eagles

the chants really easy for you to remember

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

SEE YOU IN A YEAR!!!!

hookemhess
04-25-2012, 08:31 AM
"I’ve found myself getting extremely angry over the trading of Tebow from my beloved Broncos. So much that I will be watching more Jets games this year (luckily, I live an hour from MetLife Stadium) than the Broncos, despite the multiple times they will be on national TV."

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ReYfu5E-hOE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bfoflcommish
04-25-2012, 08:32 AM
OH AND ANOTHER THING

"Just as he did in Denver, Tebow will win over the Jets players first by simply earning
their respect. His work ethic, his desire, his motivation will rub off."

You havent really been listening to the players have you?

DBroncos4life
I don't remember Tebow bringing good punt protection to Denver....

Rohirrim

See 2011 Eagles

I'm proud of them for going out and grabbing Manning. I thought it was one of the biggest coups in the league for years. Sure, it's a gamble, but as we all know, Elway has always been a gambler. Like Parcells said last night on his show, "Don't wait for somebody else to tell you that you're right."

vancejohnson82
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
hahaha.....you live around here and you would rather be a Jets fan?? the fan base, organization and everything that goes along with that team is a trainwreck

are you ****ing kidding me?

see ya!

bronco militia
04-25-2012, 08:39 AM
J E T S SUCK SUCK SUCK!

beat it....

TonyR
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM
I have a feeling things were not as rosy behind the scenes as lot of people think. The Jets better have a guy like Dawkins to keep the peace or it could get ugly.

Not only did the Broncos sign a pro and an all-pro (four times) in 2009, they brought in a captain (who organized workouts during the lockout) and, most people outside the organization don't realize it, a religious man who was responsible for making life easier for Tim Tebow when he came to the Broncos and again when he became the starting quarterback.

Dawkins prevented all the non- believers in the locker room from rebuking or ridiculing Tebow.

Read more: Woody Paige: Denver Broncos' draft still a guessing game - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_2...#ixzz1sxfWCg4r
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 08:40 AM
hahaha.....you live around here and you would rather be a Jets fan?? the fan base, organization and everything that goes along with that team is a trainwreck

are you ****ing kidding me?

see ya!

My favorite Jets moment was when the Jets played their last game at Shea Stadium and at the end of the game the fans were tearing up the seats and throwing **** at the players. :rofl:

maher_tyler
04-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Sounds like someone from this site wrote that. I would have loved to keep Tebow around to learn under Manning. The FO didn't. Why would they keep someone around they don't want? I hope Tebow does well but even the biggest Tebow homers have to see he has a lot of work to do to become a legit NFL QB. Can he do it? Time will tell. I wish him well.

vancejohnson82
My favorite Jets moment was when the Jets played their last game at Shea Stadium and at the end of the game the fans were tearing up the seats and throwing **** at the players. :rofl:

my Sundays usually consist of me heading over to the Meadowlands at 5am and drinking with my consistently angry and disappointed Jets fans until they go into the stadium...I then have my gf or another friend pick me up to go watch the Broncos game at my local bar

if you are looking for a fan base that seems to HATE their team more than they actually love them, you are looking in the right place....my dad used to bring me to Jets games in the 80s when I grew up and its a big reason I became a Broncos fan..

we may be a divisive group as Broncos fans but at least its not as depressing as those fellas are

Tombstone RJ

See 2011 Eagles

I know you are a Broncos fan and all but you are really slipping with your TT love. TT is no where close to being a SB winning franchise QB. He simply has to be able to pass the ball better, period.

I'd think you would be excited about Manning but you're stuck in Tebow mode. I also love the fact that you completely ignore my very accurate criticisims of your "article" about Tebow.

You ignored it, why, becuase your head is in lock down mode on this TT stuff.

bronco militia
04-25-2012, 08:49 AM
Sounds like someone from this site wrote that. I would have loved to keep Tebow around to learn under Manning. The FO didn't. Why would they keep someone around they don't want? I hope Tebow does well but even the biggest Tebow homers have to see he has a lot of work to do to become a legit NFL QB. Can he do it? Time will tell. I wish him well.

FYI, The Moops wrote it....

The Moops
04-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I've been a die-hard Broncos fan for 43 years. People who know me know I have gone above and beyond when it comes to supporting this franchise. I have had my share of favorite Broncos starting with 44.

I also was a huge fan of Rich Jackson, Billy Thompson, Tom Jackson, Rod Smith and Clinton Portis. When Ralston traded RJ I was livid (even as a 9-year-old). When they traded Portis for Champ and a 2nd rounder (Tatum Bell), I was upset. If Denver had traded any of my other favorites, I would feel the same as I do now about Tebow.

But again, my biggest gripe (as stated in my column) is Elway is trying to win now without rebuilding. That's his ego getting in the way and I simply do not believe that is the way to go. Even now, he doesn't believe that drafting a DT in the first round is really the way to go ... unbelievable.

If I want to take a year off and cheer for my favorite x-Bronco, I've earned the right.

bfoflcommish
04-25-2012, 09:02 AM
I've been a die-hard Broncos fan for 43 years. People who know me know I have gone above and beyond when it comes to supporting this franchise. I have had my share of favorite Broncos starting with 44.

I also was a huge fan of Rich Jackson, Billy Thompson, Tom Jackson, Rod Smith and Clinton Portis. When Ralston traded RJ I was livid (even as a 9-year-old). When they traded Portis for Champ and a 2nd rounder (Tatum Bell), I was upset. If Denver had traded any of my other favorites, I would feel the same as I do now about Tebow.

But again, my biggest gripe (as stated in my column) is Elway is trying to win now without rebuilding. That's his ego getting in the way and I simply do not believe that is the way to go. Even now, he doesn't believe that drafting a DT in the first round is really the way to go ... unbelievable.

If I want to take a year off and cheer for my favorite x-Bronco, I've earned the right.

so then you wouldnt bitch about overpaying or over reaching just as long as we draft DT? bwahahahaha

you sound more like a Player fan then a team fan!

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 09:05 AM
Some of you guys act like the next Suh will be sitting there at 25. I just want us the guy that gives our team more talent. I don't care what position that player plays.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2012, 09:06 AM

And my biggest gripe about your biggest gripe is that TT is NOT a franchise QB you can "build" around. You may disagree, but what you cannot deny is that Manning brings the Broncos closer to a championship right now than TT. Again, until TT can pass the ball effectively and consistently there's no way to win a SB with him at QB. For TT get there, that is be a passing threat, may take another 3-4 years.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-25-2012, 09:06 AM

I think the point youre missing is that "re-building" doesn't exist in the NFL

1) Careers are short (avg career is 3 years)
2) A team has 53 players...so a lot have to come from free agency
3) there's so much playoff turnover year to year, everyone's got a shot
4) Football seasons are small, so anomolies happen.

Teams that have continued success generally have great quarterback play; we didnt have a great quarterback. And youre making it sound like we sacrificed draft picks for Peyton Manning. It was a good risk on the broncos part and, assuming he's healthy, makes us a much better team.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-25-2012, 09:07 AM

No, this Elway realizing that there is no QBOTF on the roster, as much as you desperately want to believe that it was Tebow, and doing what he can as the GM to try to win football games. Manning allows them to hopefully win now and gives JE time to find that future QB that can actually complete 1 out 2 passes. That's usually the critical part of the rebuild, finding your QB, and Denver didn't have one.

Good for you. See you next year!

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 09:08 AM

What other moves other than signing Manning suggest that Elway has embraced a win now at all costs model? Since landing Manning, we've signed a 27 year old TE (Tamme), a 29 year old TE (Dreesen), a 27 year old #3 or #4 WR (Bubba Caldwell), and a 25 year old CB (Tracy Porter). We signed two old guys in Stokley (1 year at the vet minimum) and Bannan (1 year $1 million). All were signed for cost-effective deals. We haven't traded a single draft pick for a veteran (though we did kick the tires on Samuel). Again, tell me how Elway's plan (as revealed so far) is a selling out the future?

TonyR
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
...my biggest gripe (as stated in my column) is Elway is trying to win now without rebuilding...

I understand this pov but don't necessarily agree with it. Rebuilds/turnarounds often happen very quickly in the NFL. You can make an argument that the Broncos are "rebuilding", they're just accelerating the process by bringing in an established QB rather than grooming a young one. The biggest flaw with thinking grooming Tebow is superior to plugging in Manning is that many/most football people don't think Tebow will ever be a quality, full time NFL starter. That's clearly what EFX believed so they went for the instant upgrade. Sure, we'd rather have a 28 year old Peyton Manning but that wasn't an option. And for that matter there weren't really any other better options. Teams don't give away franchise QB's (although some would argue the Broncos did with Cutler but that's an argument for another day).

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 09:12 AM
This clown isn't a broncos fan. He feels the need to throw out his "fan resume" cause the guilt is already eating at him. Reassuring himself.

Go cheer on a punt protector. REAL fans don't jump around the league.

DarkHorse30
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
how are the Broncos NOT building a team? Look at how young their starters are (except QB, CB and DT)? You need a good/great QB to win championships, Elway brought that in. CB and DT will likely be addressed in the draft but remember we had quite a few injuries in both positions last year. I like everything Elway is doing as the veep - almost as much as his actions on the field. The Manning signing and the Tebow trade came out of the blue......nobody knew Denver was in the mix on that one

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 09:13 AM
These days, you have to "rebuild" on the fly.

Rabb
04-25-2012, 09:24 AM
nothing like whoring for blog hits (tailgate365.com)

who said that?

peacepipe
04-25-2012, 09:27 AM

See 2011 Eagles

I don't see denver throwing every penny they have trying to sign every big name out there. they brought in one player,who happens to be one of the best QBs to ever play the game. evryone else has been role players. you're talking apples & oranges.

yerner
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
how are the Broncos NOT building a team? Look at how young their starters are (except QB, CB and DT)? You need a good/great QB to win championships, Elway brought that in. CB and DT will likely be addressed in the draft but remember we had quite a few injuries in both positions last year. I like everything Elway is doing as the veep - almost as much as his actions on the field. The Manning signing and the Tebow trade came out of the blue......nobody knew Denver was in the mix on that one

They aren't rebuilding the team because Tebow isn't on it. Obviously.

gunns
04-25-2012, 09:37 AM

I could have written the same thing about myself except the griping. I still have liked plenty of x Broncos and have rooted for some if it helps the Broncos. The Broncos are who I root for. The players come and go but there is still the Broncos. And as when he was a QB, I think Elway has done a GREAT job as VP. His love of the Broncos shows and wanting to win now is not a horrible attribute. Two questions....what if Tebow had become a Raider? Do you jump back on the bandwagon if we start heading to the SB?

I'm wondering how this is not rebuilding. We will take a QB in this draft and this team is almost totally different than it was 2-3 years ago, plus a new coach(s). I do not see a problem with a team that went to the playoffs last year bringing in a QB that can lead a team AND have the respect of his teammates for his ability to lead and perform. Tebow DID NOT have that from his teammates.

CEH
04-25-2012, 09:47 AM
96-98 was the greatest 3 years in over 60 years of Broncos football but only 3 years. Things change players move on, injuries etc

I look at a 3-5 year window as the max for a team nowadays

We went from the #2 pick to the #25 pick thanks in part to TRT but also thanks to a defense and some bone head plays by the opponents.
We upgraded the QB postion. Now sure what you want. Some sort of 10 year run with Tebow. Bringing in Tebow to win over a lockeromm of dysfunctional players is not a good move soley by itself. Tebow will only earn respect if he's the starting QB. Hard to earn respect when you are the punt protector

Elway would have to stake his reputation on Tim Tebow and I can't blame him for not wanting to hitch his wagon to someone he doesn't believe in

I wish Tebow luck but I'm not as optimistic he will ever be a franchise QB for a team.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Rebuilds consists of new FO, new coaching staff, new doctors and conditioning staff, new schemes on offense and defense, new players, new cheerleaders, new uniforms, new iPad playbooks.

the rebuild has begun the day Mcdaniels was fired. Not the start of this offseason. It has been ongoing though since the lockout last year pretty much wiped rebuilds and progress of teams who happened to change coaching staffs and schemes.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-25-2012, 09:56 AM
"Taking over a 1-4 team and winning
6-straight games and 7 out of 8 to help guide them to their first AFC West Division
crown in 6 years."

You do know he went 1-4 in his last 5, too, right? Yeah.

I guess those four losses "helped guide the team" to the division title. :rolleyes:

Pick Six
04-25-2012, 10:05 AM
I questioned my fandom during the Wade Phillips years. I have confidence that you will come back to the good guys side, Moops...

enjolras
04-25-2012, 10:10 AM
There is only one type of rebuilding in the NFL. Win the lottery and get a franchise QB. You throw around the 2011 Eagles as an example, and its a perfect one. They don't have an elite QB, and they suffer for it.

You can strike gold when a QB falls to you (Rodgers and Brady) or you can be so god-awful that a great QB falls in your lap (Colts twice). Any other form of rebuild gets you nowhere (Chiefs for the last two decades). Once you have that QB you try to put a team around him that will put you over the top. You try to do it as fast as you possibly can, because you never know when your QB will suffer an injury or a blow to the psyche they won't recover from (Carson Palmer).

Tebow is not and will never be that guy. He's not elite. He never will be elite. It's just the way it is.

It really is that simple. The Broncos, for a couple of seasons, have that QB... or at least have a real hope that they have that QB. The only thing you can do is build the team around him and hope it pays off in a Lombardy trophy.

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I think Broncos fans are going to be shocked to see the difference Manning makes to this team. Even Knowshon will be reborn! ;D

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 10:15 AM
Elway would have to stake his reputation on Tim Tebow and I can't blame him for not wanting to hitch his wagon to someone he doesn't believe in

That's where you're wrong. Elway just did stake his reputation on Tim Tebow. Or at least against him. The only way out of that quandary was to give the kid a fair shot with a regular offseason as the team's starter.

The Moops
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup, I will come back. I'm just not one of those blind faith guys when it comes to supporting the Broncos. I am going to criticize their moves as well as applaud their good ones. That's because I care. I didn't like the way Shanahan became a powermonger after those Supe wins, when he became the GM. Bringing in guys like Chris Miller and Danny Kannell. Sorry, but I'm not going to blindly sit there and say, "Yeah, Shanny. This could work!" Same with signing a 36-year-old QB who sat out a year with a broken neck.

To be honest, part of it is, I've never been a Peyton Manning fan. Frankly can't stand watching him play. All those pre-snap gyrations, it's like watching Sergio Garcia waggle a million times before he swings. Drives me nuts. I get that he's super smart and is like a coach on the field. But he's style of play irks me. He's also pretty average when the playoffs roll around (9-10).

Pick Six
04-25-2012, 10:20 AM
That's where you're wrong. Elway just did stake his reputation on Tim Tebow. Or at least against him. The only way out of that quandary was to give the kid a fair shot with a regular offseason as the team's starter.

Then, we would have missed out on getting a sure-fire HOF quarterback. It is a gamble that I am waiting to see if it pays off...

TonyR
04-25-2012, 10:23 AM
The only way out of that quandary was to give the kid a fair shot with a regular offseason as the team's starter.

That would be akin to jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...

TonyR
04-25-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm just not one of those blind faith guys when it comes to supporting the Broncos.

Except that supporting Tebow required an awful lot of that "blind faith"...

RedEyedJeti
04-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Who's Tebow?

Rohirrim
04-25-2012, 10:31 AM

If you make a determination that a player is not right for your team and is not going to be what you need, why invest further in that player? Because the fans love him?

Mike Sirico asked Parcells last night, "What is the one piece of advice you would give to a GM or coach going into the draft?"

Parcells said, "Don't wait for somebody else to tell you you're right."

I applaud Elway for the moves he made. It took guts. He knew he was going to get hammered. It was like when Casserly took Mario Williams over Reggie Bush, or Reid took McNabb over Ricky Williams. I think Elway made the right call.

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM

You make it sound as if this was the "safer" approach, when in reality it's the bigger gamble. Very few (if any) NFL personnel departments believe in Tebow as a long-term starter. The evidence to confirm that is when he became available, the best value he could attract was a pair of 3rd day picks from a team that wants him only as a package player, not their starting QB. Not a single team bid on him to be their starting QB. Even in Jacksonville he would have been behind Gabbert, at least initially. Manning's health is a gamble, sure, but probably less of one given that he's been cleared to play by multiple doctors. Of course, if Tebow morphs into Steve Young while in NY and Manning is reinjured, it will all look like a bad move. But that doesn't seem to be a likely scenario.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 10:34 AM
Who's Tebow?

A gunner or punt protector on the Jets.

RedEyedJeti
04-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I dont know why some of you are so butthurt over losing Tebow. The guy SUCKS! He got lucky and won a few games.....so effin what! Get over it already!

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Then, we would have missed out on getting a sure-fire HOF quarterback. It is a gamble that I am waiting to see if it pays off...

It is a gamble, I'll give you that. We'll see how it plays out. But the stakes are amplified any time you ditch a 24 year old for a 36 year old (with health concerns)

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:04 AM
If you make a determination that a player is not right for your team and is not going to be what you need, why invest further in that player? Because the fans love him?

If that's the determination they made, then it is what it is. Problem is, if in hindsight that determination looks to be ill-conceived, it speaks directly to the credibility of the people who made that determination.

Now we get to see. But the idea that John's reputation is no longer at stake because he rinsed his hands is pretty foolish.

His reputation was less at stake giving the youngster a chance during a rebuild, then it is for throwing the rebuild under the bus to pay an injured 36 year old the highest salary in the league.

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2012, 11:12 AM
If that's the determination they made, then it is what it is. Problem is, if in hindsight that determination looks to be ill-conceived, it speaks directly to the credibility of the people who made that determination.

Now we get to see. But the idea that John's reputation is no longer at stake because he rinsed his hands is pretty foolish.

His reputation was less at stake giving the youngster a chance during a rebuild, then it is for throwing the rebuild under the bus to pay an injured 36 year old the highest salary in the league.

I guess we will just agree to disagree. As others have pointed out, Elway's reputation is more at stake by sticking with Tebow than an HoF QB.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:20 AM
I guess we will just agree to disagree. As others have pointed out, Elway's reputation is more at stake by sticking with Tebow than an HoF QB.

Mike McCarthy laughs in your general direction. While Mangini and Childress are at home crying in their beers. :)

CEH
04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
Mike McCarthy laughs in your general direction. While Mangini and Childress are at home crying in their beers. :)

Your clueless Macarthy wanted Arron Rodgers when he was with San Fran but was overruled by SF mgmt. I just watched it last night on NFL

Thompson ran Farve out of town and drafted Rodgers. McCarthy was on board with Rodgers

Tombstone RJ
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM

Well ok, but TT is no Aaron Rogers. :flower:

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 11:24 AM

It's not about the players Tom, it is about the Franchise.

Punts are going to be very exciting to watch for Jet fans this year!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Who's Tebow?

He's the personal punt protector for the Jets. A special teamer.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Your clueless Macarthy wanted Arron Rodgers when he was with San Fran but was overruled by SF mgmt. I just watched it last night on NFL

Thompson ran Farve out of town and drafted Rodgers. McCarthy was on board with Rodgers

Your clueless if you think the fan base is going to care whether Tebow was "Elway's guy" or not. John put his chips on the table. Now quit trying to hedge for him.

CEH
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Your clueless if you think the fan base is going to care whether Tebow was "Elway's guy" or not. John put his chips on the table. Now quit trying to hedge for him.

I just debunked your McCarthy post and this is all you have to come back with. Blah blah blah. The next logical post you have will be your first

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 11:31 AM

He might backup or be moved to FB/H-back that could give Tebow fans some more cause to celebrate the Tebow.

I wonder if the HOF will allow punt protectors into the HOF when Tebow retires?

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Hindsight is always 20/20.

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/trade-aaron-rodgers-now.12784/

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 11:38 AM
Packer fans were whining and crying about their FO dropping Favre for Rogers. McCarthy wanted Rogers in SF. The FO ALSO wanted Rogers. They wanted to trade down with the Falcons and pick Rogers then. That trade got stopped at the last second and history was made.

Play2win
04-25-2012, 11:41 AM
Tim Tebow = Matt Jones

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
Why is The Rogers example even relevant? Tebow is nowhere close to Rogers talent. You are debating whether Elway wanted his future based on a guy other teams think is a punt protector? Judging by all the teams that lined up wanting to give value away for tebow, we all saw what they think of him as a starting QB.

Play2win
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM

He's some guy that likes platforms.

Archer81
04-25-2012, 11:49 AM
Well this thread is not lame at all.

:Broncos:

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Why is The Rogers example even relevant? Tebow is nowhere close to Rogers talent. You are debating whether Elway wanted his future based on a guy other teams think is a punt protector? Judging by all the teams that lined up wanting to give value away for tebow, we all saw what they think of him as a starting QB.

More hindsight.

You could've thrown Rodgers on the open market before he'd ever played, and after the FA window was mostly already closed and found a similar result. Probably better, but nothing like a 1st rounder or anything.

There was talk of the Packers drafting another QB in the 1st round in 2006 because even they weren't sure Rodgers was a long term answer.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-made-a-career-audible-with-packers-4p3loj7-136856133.html

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 11:54 AM
More hindsight.

You could've thrown Rodgers on the open market before he'd ever played, and after the FA window was mostly already closed and found a similar result. Probably better, but nothing like a 1st rounder or anything.

There was talk of the Packers drafting another QB in the 1st round in 2006 because even they weren't sure Rodgers was a long term answer.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rodgers-made-a-career-audible-with-packers-4p3loj7-136856133.html

Still totally 2 different type of QBs. One has qualities that succeed in the pros the other college. One succeeds in the wildcat the other doesn't. Jets would not be wanting to use him in only gimmick plays and special teams if they actually thought he would be their starter.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 11:57 AM
I just debunked your McCarthy post and this is all you have to come back with. Blah blah blah. The next logical post you have will be your first

So I guess you're going to tell me that the Pack was going to cut Favre outright even if he hadn't pulled the annual pre-season retirement cha-cha three years in a row.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 12:04 PM
So I guess you're going to tell me that the Pack was going to cut Favre outright even if he hadn't pulled the annual pre-season retirement cha-cha three years in a row.

Maybe if he was due almost 30 million

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-25-2012, 12:05 PM
He might backup or be moved to FB/H-back that could give Tebow fans some more cause to celebrate the Tebow.

I wonder if the HOF will allow punt protectors into the HOF when Tebow retires?

Honestly, it's too bad he won't ACTUALLY "do whatever it takes to help the team win," because I really believe he'd be the best FB in league history the moment he took on that position.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 12:08 PM
It kinda chaps me that people think that there are a shortage of players that work hard. Lots of guys with grit and desire, who are good locker room guys get cut every year. Some do whatever they can to stay in the league even if that means playing ST's and being a backup QB, or H-back.

TheDave
04-25-2012, 12:24 PM
And it begins...

Jets receiver: Tim Tebow brings fastball to workouts
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828959ae/article/jets-receiver-tim-tebow-brings-fastball-to-workouts?module=HP11_headline_stack

Pick Six
04-25-2012, 12:34 PM
And it begins...

Jets receiver: Tim Tebow brings fastball to workouts
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828959ae/article/jets-receiver-tim-tebow-brings-fastball-to-workouts?module=HP11_headline_stack

That's like saying that Kyle Orton is a HOF PRACTICE QB. Accuracy is very hard to accomplish, with defenders trying to maul you...

Rolandftw
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Sounds like the OP is just trying to bait people. If you don't want to watch the Broncos this year, fine. It's a free country after all. Don't think any Broncos fans are going to care much one way or the other.

I also question some of the moves this organization has made, but I'm not going to stop cheering for them. Hope Tebow does well in New York, as long as it's not against us... but cheering for another team would be kinda weird.

Jay3
04-25-2012, 12:37 PM
It kinda chaps me that people think that there are a shortage of players that work hard. Lots of guys with grit and desire, who are good locker room guys get cut every year. Some do whatever they can to stay in the league even if that means playing ST's and being a backup QB, or H-back.

And yet when Tebow breaks out big, and demonstrates awesome passing stats, we'll have to live through a whole media season of stories about how it's because he "works hard," and "transformed himself into a competent passer."

When the truth was in the middle all along, and there has been far too much negative rhetoric about his passing thus far.

bronco militia
04-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Well this thread is not lame at all.

:Broncos:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxL4e_N_YZezFqw5peW5yiNdNyoc5IO dWdkKFZbqo8q_9S98UsFNTG_wSq

TonyR
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM
And yet when Tebow breaks out big, and demonstrates awesome passing stats...

And when the truth comes out that I'm the one who impregnated Megan Fox... (sorry, Brian)

Mogulseeker
04-25-2012, 12:43 PM

Just some unsolicited advice... try writing in the active voice - your message will flow much better.

It's kinda frustrating reading "The clip will include a heavy dose of the laughter that ensued" when you could just say "Heavy laughter ensued."

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2012, 12:44 PM

See 2011 Eagles

Uh...they went all out on all sorts of players.

They had people like VY calling themselves the dream team.

Name one player we splurged on outside of Manning?

Exactly.

We paid a future 1st ballot HoF QB who has already raised the level of play on our team.

We're very grounded in knowing that he's a piece of the puzzle. Not an automatic Super Bowl.

Some people are so ****ing delusional about this whole thing.

TheDave
04-25-2012, 12:44 PM
That's like saying that Kyle Orton is a HOF PRACTICE QB. Accuracy is very hard to accomplish, with defenders trying to maul you...

The tebow crazies combined with the New York media... I wonder if Sanchez will make it out of preseason as the starter.

Jay3
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
We paid a future 1st ballot HoF QB who has already raised the level of play on our team.

Already?

TonyR
04-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Eli Manning just won his second Super Bowl MVP and is set to host "Saturday Night Live," but the New York Giants quarterback says he's behind Jets signal-callers Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow when it comes to popularity in New York City.

In a panel discussion over this past weekend with Fox News host Shepard Smith at an Ole Miss event honoring the former Rebels quarterback, a playful Manning cracked about his new standing among New York quarterbacks after Tebow arrived in a trade in late March.

"New York Giants just won a championship yet I'm still the third most-talked-about quarterback in my own city," he deadpanned as the crowd erupted in laughter in a video posted on FoxNews.com.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7851832/eli-manning-new-york-giants-jokes-third-most-talked-nyc-qb

NY sports fans are smarter than often given credit for. They realize how preposterous the whole Tebow thing is.

DenverBrit
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
"Iíve found myself getting extremely angry over the trading of Tebow from my beloved Broncos. So much that I will be watching more Jets games this year (luckily, I live an hour from MetLife Stadium) than the Broncos, despite the multiple times they will be on national TV."

Well then, byeeee!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1310632_o.gif

houghtam
04-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Already?

Well that was quick.

When does the team fly to Washington and get fitted for their rings?

Mogulseeker
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Uh...they went all out on all sorts of players.

They had people like VY calling themselves the dream team.

Name one player we splurged on outside of Manning?

Exactly.

We're very grounded in knowing that he's a piece of the puzzle. Not an automatic Super Bowl.

Some people are so ****ing delusional about this whole thing.

This. I totally think Manning can be part of a rebuilding process. Tebow wasn't a franchise QB. Elway has to go out and find his guy. Not only is Manning a stopgap, he's also a HOFer that makes us automatic Super Bowl contenders.

Mile High Salute
04-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Couldn't agree more. Notice how none of the people who know about football (John Clayton, Schlerath, Shannon Sharpe, etc.) have criticized the Broncos for signing Manning; on the contrary, they've been universally applauded. And notice that NOBODY that knows about football has been criticizing the Broncos for dumping Tebow; if anything, the criticism has been directed towards the Jets for bringing The Tebow Circus into a combustible locker room with a shaky / sensitive / easily butthurt starting QB. The only ones who aren't down with these moves are myopic Tebowmaniacs like Beavis.

Like every other Broncos fan, I appreciate what Tebow did for us last year, but it's time to get on board with this new direction. Pat Bowlen and John Elway don't want 8-8 and backing into the playoffs by winning a terrible AFC West. They want a Super Bowl, and have made the necessary commitment in order to do so. This should be celebrated by Broncos fans everywhere, not criticized. There is no more room for the Tebowmaniacs - that crazy train has left the station.

maven
04-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Couldn't agree more. Notice how none of the people who know about football (John Clayton, Schlerath, Shannon Sharpe, etc.) have criticized the Broncos for signing Manning; on the contrary, they've been universally applauded. And notice that NOBODY that knows about football has been criticizing the Broncos for dumping Tebow; if anything, the criticism has been directed towards the Jets for bringing The Tebow Circus into a combustible locker room with a shaky / sensitive / easily butthurt starting QB. The only ones who aren't down with these moves are myopic Tebowmaniacs like Beavis.

Like every other Broncos fan, I appreciate what Tebow did for us last year, but it's time to get on board with this new direction. Pat Bowlen and John Elway don't want 8-8 and backing into the playoffs by winning a terrible AFC West. They want a Super Bowl, and have made the necessary commitment in order to do so. This should be celebrated by Broncos fans everywhere, not criticized. There is no more room for the Tebowmaniacs - that crazy train has left the station.

Yep, i'm excited for the season. Tebust is gone.

houghtam
04-25-2012, 01:08 PM

Not exactly correct...

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Couldn't agree more. Notice how none of the people who know about football (John Clayton, Schlerath, Shannon Sharpe, etc.) .

Wow, that's quite a representative sample of people "who know about football"

And how come they're all guys who loudly expressed doubts about Tebow all along?

WWRD? LOL

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/romanowski-broncos-blow-with-broken-down-peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-nfl-yahoo/1

maven
04-25-2012, 01:19 PM

And how come they're all guys who loudly expressed doubts about Tebow all along?

WWRD? LOL

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/03/romanowski-broncos-blow-with-broken-down-peyton-manning-tim-tebow-denver-broncos-nfl-yahoo/1

So how bad do you miss Tebust not wearing a Bronco uni?

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Well then, byeeee!

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs4/1310632_o.gif

I have to find the Young Ones somewheres on the IntWeBS tubing. I know this is from Black Adder's last season but I remember that dude from the Young Ones.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 01:23 PM

I appreciate what Marion Barber did for us also. Without him we finish the year on a 5 game losing streak, are picking in front of KFC tomorrow and have no excellent playoff win to show for the 2011 season.

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I appreciate what Marion Barber did for us also. Without him we finish the year on a 5 game losing streak, are picking in front of KFC tomorrow and have no excellent playoff win to show for the 2011 season.

Many people don't realize amidst our blow out losses, how close we were to being among the NFL's worst in wins. Yes, we won the games so you can't take it away. Still, a bunch of last minute wins on offense aren't the marker of a team that's ready to dominate and win a Super Bowl. Especially an offense that last year was completely incapable of doing **** to carry a game when the defense played poor outside of the lowly Vikings.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Many people don't realize amidst our blow out losses, how close we were to being among the NFL's worst in wins. Yes, we won the games so you can't take it away. Still, a bunch of last minute wins on offense aren't the marker of a team that's ready to dominate and win a Super Bowl. Especially an offense that last year was completely incapable of doing **** to carry a game when the defense played poor outside of the lowly Vikings.

I'll take any way to get into the playoffs but I'm not ignorant enough to ignore the fact Phillip Rivers and Marion Barber had just as much to do with it.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 01:35 PM

Exactly.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 01:38 PM
I'll take any way to get into the playoffs but I'm not ignorant enough to ignore the fact Phillip Rivers and Marion Barber had just as much to do with it.

Yes, because I'm sure Chargers fans all gave Cutler and Shanny all the credit during our Epic Collapse a few years back.

You do remember Tebow starting in a 1-4 hole, don't you?

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 01:41 PM

Many people don't realize how narrow that same gap is between good and bad teams.

This year's World Champs don't even make the playoffs in any other division in the NFC.

The 2010 World Champs were one bad play away from not making the playoffs.

I guess now you'll have to say that Eli owes this year's ring to Tony Romo. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 01:43 PM
Yes, because I'm sure Chargers fans all gave Cutler and Shanny all the credit during our Epic Collapse a few years back.

You do remember Tebow starting in a 1-4 hole, don't you?

I remember him finishing 0-3(2 bad teams) more, and watching Phillip Rivers beat the raiders so the broncos could win the division. Earlier that day someone else couldn't do it.

And your example of charger fans doesnt apply here, since the chargers had to win their last 3 games that year.

broncswin
04-25-2012, 01:45 PM

So don't be a damn glory hound...I am sure you are one hell of a Broncos fan...but you don't have to announce it to the world. Be humble, cheer on Tebow and get over it...by the way, wtf is only one year gonna do for you? :)

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 01:53 PM
So how bad do you miss Tebust not wearing a Bronco uni?

About as much as you'll miss seeing Gramps wearing the Orange and Blue when he wears the Blue and White in Canton. :)

houghtam
04-25-2012, 01:56 PM
About as much as you'll miss seeing Gramps wearing the Orange and Blue when he wears the Blue and White in Canton. :)

NFL Players don't go in to the Hall of Fame with a particular team.

That's baseball.

Possibly also NHL and NBA, but those sports suck.

Pick Six
04-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Just some unsolicited advice... try writing in the active voice - your message will flow much better.

It's kinda frustrating reading "The clip will include a heavy dose of the laughter that ensued" when you could just say "Heavy laughter ensued."

Or, he could just say "The clip will include a heavy dose of laughter", seeing that it's a hypothetical situation...

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 02:08 PM
NFL Players don't go in to the Hall of Fame with a particular team.

That's baseball.

Possibly also NHL and NBA, but those sports suck.

You know what I'm saying though.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 02:12 PM
I remember him finishing 0-3(2 bad teams) more, and watching Phillip Rivers beat the raiders so the broncos could win the division. Earlier that day someone else couldn't do it.

And your example of charger fans doesnt apply here, since the chargers had to win their last 3 games that year.

Eli ended his first 8 games 1-7. On a team that started 5-3. And ewwww that completion percentage.

Shouldda cut him.

TonyR
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Eli ended his first 8 games 1-7. On a team that started 5-3. And ewwww that completion percentage.

Do you think if the Giants put him on the block after that season they would have received offers of better than a 4th round pick? I have a pretty good hunch they would have...

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 02:22 PM

Shouldda cut him.

On the other hand, as a rookie Vince Young led an 0-5 Titans team to a 8-3 finish (sound familiar)? Despite underwhelming passing results, we were told he "just wins." We all know the direction his career took thereafter.

houghtam
04-25-2012, 02:24 PM

Shouldda cut him.

Dude, it's not worth it. Everyone on this site knows your position, my position, moops' position and several others' as well. I've made it known my expectations for the season, so have you, so have we all. There's nothing to be gained continuing to belabor the point. There are a few on both sides of the argument who can have a civil discussion, but since you can't lock certain people out of threads, having a discussion about it is pointless, unless you want to sift through pages of tebonner accusations, "this thread is hidden because he's an idiot" posts, and oh-so-original naming puns that have no real substance.

Sit back and try to enjoy the season. Manning's the QB. EFX think we can win now. I'm not expecting much, but I am hoping to be surprised.

TonyR
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
On the other hand, as a rookie Vince Young...

That's actually a really good point. VY went 8-5, 9-6, 1-0, 8-2 his first 4 years, and 31-19 in his career. The guy was a "winner", particularly early on when that 2006 team was 2-7 and Young propelled that team to 6 straight wins. Kept finding ways to win and it often wasn't pretty. I never really considered that comp to Tebow but it's a good one. That stuff works in the short term but eventually you're forced to be an NFL QB.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Do you think if the Giants put him on the block after that season they would have received offers of better than a 4th round pick? I have a pretty good hunch they would have...

Had they waited until a couple weeks into FA, until after all the teams with needs had committed to other solutions?

Wouldn't have been pretty. Had it been a 2nd instead of a 4th, would that have proved anything?

CEH
04-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Tebow reminds me of Steve Spurrier the coach in so many ways

Both came from Florida. Both won a Natl Championship one as coach one as QB. Both ran a college offense for Steve the Fun and Gun for TRT the zone read

Both came into the NFL under serious media fanfare.
Synder gave Spurrier a 5 year $25 MM contract
Tebow a 1st round choice.
Denver readjusts the offense to fit Tebow zone read, Spurrier brings several former Gators (Weurfel, Shane Matthews, Chris Doreing etc) in hopes of running the Fun and Gun offense in the NFL.

Both implement the FLorida offense in the NFL with instant success. Denver runs all over OAK, Wash puts up 400 yards and 31 points. The NFL catches up with both and after fast starts find tough going in the NFL.

Spurrier quits after only two seasons and a 12-20 record

Tebow is traded for a 4th and 7th. TRT still has his legacy to write but Spurrier never coached again in the NFL

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
Dude, it's not worth it. Everyone on this site knows your position, my position, moops' position and several others' as well. I've made it known my expectations for the season, so have you, so have we all. There's nothing to be gained continuing to belabor the point. There are a few on both sides of the argument who can have a civil discussion, but since you can't lock certain people out of threads, having a discussion about it is pointless, unless you want to sift through pages of tebonner accusations, "this thread is hidden because he's an idiot" posts, and oh-so-original naming puns that have no real substance.

Sit back and try to enjoy the season. Manning's the QB. EFX think we can win now. I'm not expecting much, but I am hoping to be surprised.

It may not be worth it. Although "worth it" on an internet forum is always kind of a silly concept. It's mostly for entertainment purposes only. Everyone knows from this point forward, Tebow threads will be what they are. Nobody should come into one and be surprised by what they read.

I could see if I was flaming about it in every thread. But as I've already said, I reserve the right to address the point as often as others want to bring it up.

I don't plan to start the arguments. But I'm not likely to ignore them either.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Tebow is one bocked punt away from losing his starting job....

houghtam
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
It may not be worth it. Although "worth it" on an internet forum is always kind of a silly concept. It's mostly for entertainment purposes only. Everyone knows from this point forward, Tebow threads will be what they are. Nobody should come into one and be surprised by what they read.

I could see if I was flaming about it in every thread. But as I've already said, I reserve the right to address the point as often as others want to bring it up.

I don't plan to start the arguments. But I'm not likely to ignore them either.

It would be one thing if you were arguing with logical people. But you're not.

Like I said, there are a few people who didn't think Tebow was the best choice for the team with whom I'd love to sit down over several beers and talk football. There are also a few people who are closer to my opinion that I'd like to converse with as well. The rest aren't worth the time, as many of them aren't fit to pour piss out of a boot with instructions written on the heel. Hell, most of the people you're responding to and vice versa had their minds made up from the beginning, and are simply running victory laps now because they finally feel validated after witnessing one of the most memorable seasons in Broncos history.

As much as I hate the saying, it is what it is. Kids will be kids, boys will be boys, and internet retards will be internet retards.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 02:44 PM
That's actually a really good point. VY went 8-5, 9-6, 1-0, 8-2 his first 4 years, and 31-19 in his career. The guy was a "winner", particularly early on when that 2006 team was 2-7 and Young propelled that team to 6 straight wins. Kept finding ways to win and it often wasn't pretty. I never really considered that comp to Tebow but it's a good one. That stuff works in the short term but eventually you're forced to be an NFL QB.

On the field I'd agree. Off the field try are totally 2 different people with different work ethics.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
It would be one thing if you were arguing with logical people. But you're not.

Like I said, there are a few people who didn't think Tebow was the best choice for the team with whom I'd love to sit down over several beers and talk football. There are also a few people who are closer to my opinion that I'd like to converse with as well. The rest aren't worth the time, as many of them aren't fit to pour piss out of a boot with instructions written on the heel. Hell, most of the people you're responding to and vice versa had their minds made up from the beginning, and are simply running victory laps now because they finally feel validated after witnessing one of the most memorable seasons in Broncos history.

As much as I hate the saying, it is what it is. Kids will be kids, boys will be boys, and internet retards will be internet retards.

And pussssies use the ignore yet jump all over the threads where the posters you put on ignore are posting. You are the weakest link on this entire site.

RaiderH8r
04-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Because winning an NFL Championship is the only reason bringing in Manning
will be worth it. Anything less will be a failure.

Really? What if we don't win a championship after three years and Tebow is out of the league? Will that be a failure?

Yes. It will be a failure.

errand
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM
They aren't rebuilding the team because Tebow isn't on it. Obviously.

I guess it never occurred to the author that the broncos are entering their 6th year of re-building

errand
04-25-2012, 03:09 PM

I have doubts he's even a Matt Flynn........

Agamemnon
04-25-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes. It will be a failure.

Yep. It doesn't matter what Tebow does or doesn't do on another team. Signing Manning is all about winning a Super Bowl, and if we don't, it's a failed endeavor. We are putting rebuilding on the back burner for a "win now" approach, and we will almost certainly pay the price for it eventually, so we damn well better win a Super Bowl in the process.

DenverBrit
04-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I have to find the Young Ones somewheres on the IntWeBS tubing. I know this is from Black Adder's last season but I remember that dude from the Young Ones.

There are a lot of Young Ones clips on Youtube.

Just to get you going. ;D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktMPT6oJPFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, the BBC channel on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BBCWorldwide/videos?query=young+ones

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Yep. It doesn't matter what Tebow does or doesn't do on another team. Signing Manning is all about winning a Super Bowl, and if we don't, it's a failed endeavor. We are putting rebuilding on the back burner for a "win now" approach, and we will almost certainly pay the price for it eventually, so we damn well better win a Super Bowl in the process.

I think there's some wiggle room on either side.

If we're competitive and go to a Super Bowl but come up just short while Tebow completely flames out, then I don't think you'd call this a failure.

But if Tebow goes on to be a top 10 starter in the league, or pro-bowler...or is routinely leading teams deep into the playoffs, anything short of a Peyton-fueled Lombardi would be an abject failure by team management.

Or if the Broncos end up marginally competitive (ala the 2010 Colts) or worse, but not truly championship caliber, fail will be the word, regardless of Tebow. Because selling your soul (and a fifth of your payroll) for a few Plummeresque years is a long-term train wreck.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 04:31 PM
There are a lot of Young Ones clips on Youtube.

Just to get you going. ;D

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ktMPT6oJPFg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, the BBC channel on Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/user/BBCWorldwide/videos?query=young+ones

I didn't know what a lentil was when I first saw this I had to go to 2 stores to find out what they were. The 80's were hard.

peacepipe
04-25-2012, 04:35 PM

If we're competitive and go to a Super Bowl but come up just short while Tebow completely flames out, then I don't think you'd call this a failure.

But if Tebow goes on to be a top 10 starter in the league, or pro-bowler...or is routinely leading teams deep into the playoffs, anything short of a Peyton-fueled Lombardi would be an abject failure by team management.

Or if the Broncos end up marginally competitive (ala the 2010 Colts) or worse, but not truly championship caliber, fail will be the word, regardless of Tebow. Because selling your soul (and a fifth of your payroll) for a few Plummeresque years is a long-term train wreck.

more likely scenerio is Tebow is out of the league in a yr or two, people think well at least we tried to improve the QB position & didn't waste too much time on a bust.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 04:43 PM
more likely scenerio is Tebow is out of the league in a yr or two, people think well at least we tried to improve the QB position & didn't waste too much time on a bust.

I could see him having a nice long career as a backup FB/TE/H-back and ST specialist.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 04:47 PM

Mostly agree with you. Unless something really bad happens. Like paying $20 million to watch the beginning of the Caleb Hanie era.

DenverBrit
04-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I didn't know what a lentil was when I first saw this I had to go to 2 stores to find out what they were. The 80's were hard.

There are a few varieties.

Grew up eating them....mainly in curries. Oddly, Canada is the world's largest grower....then India.

I bet Tebow likes lentils. ;D

http://hassam.hubpages.com/hub/Types-Of-Lentils

RaiderH8r
04-25-2012, 05:59 PM

Zero wiggle room. The club just dropped over $90mil on a guy with 3 years or so left in the league and put off everything else in FA to do so. If they want a win now approach why should any bronco player or fan accept anything less than a championship with this move? We proved the club is competitive with TT under center, despite all the **** he took, so this move is about getting beyond competitive. Anything less than a Lombardi is a failure, pure and simple.

RedEyedJeti
04-25-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Timmy Tbag....The guy sucked! He got lucky! The Broncos lucked their way into the playoffs. If you crybaby's are so butthurt over losing him why dont you go over to the Jets forum and wash his balls over there?

Stuck in Cali
04-25-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm so sick of hearing about Timmy Tbag....The guy sucked! He got lucky! The Broncos lucked their way into the playoffs. If you crybaby's are so butthurt over losing him why dont you go over to the Jets forum and wash his balls over there?

Agree 100%

Jay3
04-25-2012, 07:40 PM

More likely scenario is Manning gets mauled next year, the Broncos struggle to even make the postseason. Meanwhile, Tebow becomes the main in New York and the Broncos get constantly second guessed in the media and trolled by Tebow fans on the Interwubs.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
More likely scenario is Manning gets mauled next year, the Broncos struggle to even make the postseason. Meanwhile, Tebow becomes the main in New York and the Broncos get constantly second guessed in the media and trolled by Tebow fans on the Interwubs.

I am guessing he takes at least one fake punt on 4th and 16 to the house a game.

That or spins around behind the LOS a couple times.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
I don't understand how people can think tebow will start when the jets are putting him in punt protection. You just don't do that with a "starting QB"

Jay3
04-25-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't understand how people can think tebow will start when the jets are putting him in punt protection. You just don't do that with a "starting QB"

No, those two things aren't consistent.

You see, he's the backup quarterback in New York. Mark Sanchez is the starter.

I suppose people are speculating how long that will be the case.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-25-2012, 07:59 PM

Well if the jets are even toying the idea that he starts anytime during the season they shouldn't be using him on punts.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 08:01 PM

Taking over the starting job from someone not playing well doesn't impress me at all. If Tebow goes into camp and beats him out then yeah that is impressive.

Jay3
04-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Well if the jets are even toying the idea that he starts anytime during the season they shouldn't be using him on punts.

Well, the thinking goes like this -- this is a make or break year for Sanchez. And there's a new offensive coordinator in town, one that is well-suited to design an innovative ground-and-pound attack that is the ultimate union between all of the potential of direct snap wildcat, and a full-featured shotgun passing attack.

And there's no way Sanchez can run that, of course. It's Tebow, in the Brad Smith role. But Tebow will also be the clear #2, and get reps for that.

So they get him on the field a bunch -- and tell the world, and Sanchez, "He's Brad Smith." And in that mold, they do just like Brad Smith -- punt protector, decoy, direct snap, etc.

But what they're really doing is installing a whole second offense, one that Tebow runs. And if Sanchez fails (either midseason, or just based on the season as a whole), the direction would be to go "Full Tebow." That Brad Smith offense is a good dual-purpose plan -- it gets Tebow way more reps and practice time than just a backup would get.

So that's the speculation -- that it all depends on how well Sanchez plays, and how well Tebow plays.

Myself, I think Tebow would have been markedly improved with OTA's and camp this year (as a Bronco), and the Jets are going to be pleasantly surprised with what they get at OTA's and camp. They're going to have to decide whether to chuck Sanchez and get Tebow in there.

Full disclosure: I think Sanchez is not good, and that's what's really going on here.

Mile High Salute
04-25-2012, 08:34 PM

WWRD? LOL

Hilarious!

HA HA HA HA!!!

Are you serious, dude? Citing Romanowski as an example of a guy who would've chosen Tebow over #18?? LOL - that guy is a negative barometer if there ever was one. When Romanowski expresses an opinion, the general rule of thumb is to run the other direction as fast as possible...Sorry, try again. But thanks for playing. Show me a CREDIBLE NFL source who thinks the Broncos made a mistake in choosing Manning over Tebow. Because I could find 100 other credible NFL sources that have done nothing but applaud what the Broncos did.

Mile High Salute
04-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Yep, i'm excited for the season. Tebust is gone.

Hell yeah. I'll tell you why I'm excited for the season: because I want to watch how good Von Miller, Dumervil, Champ, and the rest of the defense are going to look when the offense isn't going three-and-out for 55 straight minutes. :thumbsup:

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Hell yeah. I'll tell you why I'm excited for the season: because I want to watch how good Von Miller, Dumervil, Champ, and the rest of the defense are going to look when the offense isn't going three-and-out for 55 straight minutes. :thumbsup:

They looked damn good even when it was. I want to see them playing up 14 or 21 with a half to go. Open season!

houghtam
04-25-2012, 08:46 PM

I'm interested to see how our running game, receivers and O-line do when our defense gives up 20 points in the first half...4 times.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 08:49 PM
I'm interested to see how our running game, receivers and O-line do when our defense gives up 20 points in the first half...4 times.

Hilarious!

Mile High Salute
04-25-2012, 09:05 PM
Zero wiggle room. The club just dropped over $90mil on a guy with 3 years or so left in the league and put off everything else in FA to do so. If they want a win now approach why should any bronco player or fan accept anything less than a championship with this move? We proved the club is competitive with TT under center, despite all the **** he took, so this move is about getting beyond competitive. Anything less than a Lombardi is a failure, pure and simple.

The Broncos are already better with Manning under center. While last season was an amazing ride, let's be honest: the Broncos got damn lucky last year. So many games that we should have lost but won because of our D balling out of their minds to give Tebow a chance at the end and opponents' miscues. It's easy to remember the amazing victories, but don't forget those ugly losses to teams like the Lions, Bills, and Chiefs. Remember, before the Pittsburgh game the talk was, "how soon do we see Brady Quinn?" :ouwknow:

The Broncos backed into the playoffs with an 8-8 record, winning a pathetic AFC West only because the Raiders crapped the bed in Week 17 too. :rofl: Bottom line, the Broncos easily could've missed the playoffs and finished 5-11. Now with Manning, the Super Bowl is the obvious goal. But I'm not expecting that in Year 1. If the Broncos can win the West (I'm thinking 10-6 or 11-5 with the tough schedule), win a playoff game or two and make it to the AFC Championship Game, I will feel like it was a successful season and the Broncos will have already been better than last season, Super Bowl or not.

Even if a Super Bowl doesn't come, you have to be willing to take that gamble and make that commitment. Be happy that Mr. Bowlen opened his wallet and decided to go for it. The added interest and exposure for the Broncos alone (see all the prime-time TV games) beyond even what Tebow could bring I'm sure makes it worth it from Mr. Bowlen's standpoint. If the Broncos actually get it done and take home a Lombardi or two, that will be just the icing on the cake.

I also think Manning has a better chance to win a SB here than in Indy. Better ownership, management, and a better supporting cast. (Manning was winning 12+ games a year and getting deep into the playoffs despite never having a good defense or a running game. The Broncos have both - McGahee and co. running the football, and Fox and Del Rio in charge of the D.) So I like our chances to ultimately win a SB with Manning, but I won't be crushed if it doesn't happen. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the ride. :yayaya:

houghtam
04-25-2012, 09:15 PM
Hilarious!

Just curious what's so funny about that. Even if we assume that our defense will improve, will the offenses it goes up against remain stagnant?

My gut tells me that every other team in the league is trying to improve their team, as well. Just a hunch.

BroncoBeavis
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM
Hilarious!

HA HA HA HA!!!

Are you serious, dude? Citing Romanowski as an example of a guy who would've chosen Tebow over #18?? LOL - that guy is a negative barometer if there ever was one. When Romanowski expresses an opinion, the general rule of thumb is to run the other direction as fast as possible...Sorry, try again. But thanks for playing. Show me a CREDIBLE NFL source who thinks the Broncos made a mistake in choosing Manning over Tebow. Because I could find 100 other credible NFL sources that have done nothing but applaud what the Broncos did.

At least I'm not citing the guy who said "Orton is the Man in Denver, he won't be caught" as a fount of football wisdom. Hilarious!

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 09:45 PM
At least I'm not citing the guy who said "Orton is the Man in Denver, he won't be caught" as a fount of football wisdom. Hilarious!

It is kinda ironic that both of our starters from last year are now backups...

broncswin
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM

Ironic...reality..:sunshine:

Bacchus
04-25-2012, 10:02 PM

That is, did swapping Tim Tebow for Manning
produce an NFL Championship?

I think it is irrelevant whether Denver wins a Championship in the next three years. What is relevant is that the Denver Broncos are now relevent when talking about a Championship. Tebow is not that good. I hope he will provide some leadership and big plays for the Jets but if he is their starter they do not win 6 games. Tebow went 1-4 down the stretch last year. Teams had figured him out. You rush three people keep your LBers shallow to prevent him from running and then you make him throw the ball. That is what KC did, that is what NE did and that is exactly what Pittsburgh did not do.

The Tebow riddle is solved until he becomes a better passer.

errand
04-25-2012, 10:15 PM

One was average, and the other servicable at best...and both are with teams that have much better QB's starting in front of them.

ThirtyDegrees
04-25-2012, 10:28 PM
What is relevant is that the Denver Broncos are now relevent when talking about a Championship.

This is exactly what is not relevant.

broncocalijohn
04-25-2012, 10:34 PM

Well, one thing is for certain. They better have their punt cover team ready after they just come off the field. One thing Tebow needs to have is long drives.

maven
04-25-2012, 10:35 PM
Mostly agree with you. Unless something really bad happens. Like paying $20 million to watch the beginning of the Caleb Hanie era.

If Manning goes down with a serious injury so be it. I'm glad the next guy isn't tebow.

Agamemnon
04-25-2012, 11:58 PM

I'm so sick of Bronco fans ****ting on a young, developing QB who only ever treated everyone with respect and decency while leading us to an improbable playoff victory. You people are sickening.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Timmy Tbag, LOL.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 12:03 AM
One was average, and the other servicable at best...and both are with teams that have much better QB's starting in front of them.

LOL at the thought Sanchez is "much better" than Tebow. Sanchez isn't even as good as Orton in my eyes, and only a complete moron would argue that Orton is better than Tebow after all the evidence to the contrary. But you are a moron, so go ahead...

errand
04-26-2012, 12:11 AM
LOL at the thought Sanchez is "much better" than Tebow. Sanchez isn't even as good as Orton in my eyes, and only a complete moron would argue that Orton is better than Tebow after all the evidence to the contrary. But you are a moron, so go ahead...

I'm sorry.....did the jets get rid of mark sanchez?

I thought when a team got a better quarterback they would get rid of the not so good quarterback... kind of like we did when we signed peyton manning.

One day your butt hurt will subside.

baja
04-26-2012, 12:29 AM

Watching the Broncos from game 6 and on last season was the most fun I have had watching the Broncos since the SB years. And yes Tebow gave a magnificent display of "IT". I will watch the Jets whenever it doesn't conflict with the Broncos and then I will have Red Zone as my return to channel.

The man is special don't know why people here feel a need to say he is a terrible qb.

Like the man said Tebow raised up the whole team. I don't care what the rumors are, you could see it on the field. All he did was win games in spite of his handicaps just think what he will do when he does develop those missing skills.

Read the words in my tag from top to bottom.

Blart
04-26-2012, 12:34 AM
I will watch the Jets whenever it doesn't conflict with the Broncos and then I will have Red Zone as my return to channel.

If Tebow were starting, that's one thing. But the idea of watching Sanchez get 75% of the snaps has me yawning. I literally just yawned.

ThirtyDegrees
04-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Anyone that thinks that Mark Sanchez is better than Tim Tebow or liked by Jets fans clearly is unfamiliar with the NY media market.

baja
04-26-2012, 01:02 AM
If Tebow were starting, that's one thing. But the idea of watching Sanchez get 75% of the snaps has me yawning. I literally just yawned.

They are speculating Tebow will get about 15 / 20 snaps a game and I got a hunch Tebow will be starting before mid season.

Blueflame
04-26-2012, 02:24 AM
They are speculating Tebow will get about 15 / 20 snaps a game and I got a hunch Tebow will be starting before mid season.

And the New York Jets manufactured themselves a QB controversy (that didn't exist before) simply by acquiring Tebow. I'm glad it's the Jets. Didn't like them nohow. :P

BroncoBeavis
04-26-2012, 06:50 AM
And the New York Jets manufactured themselves a QB controversy (that didn't exist before) simply by acquiring Tebow. I'm glad it's the Jets. Didn't like them nohow. :P

Yeah, the fact that their current QB sucks and was getting booed off the field has nothing to do with it.

BroncoBeavis
04-26-2012, 06:54 AM
If Manning goes down with a serious injury so be it. I'm glad the next guy isn't tebow.

And yet you tell other people they're not Bronco fans.

Play2win
04-26-2012, 07:38 AM
We went from Cutler to Peyton Manning. I couldn't be happier about that cash-in. All that Tebow and McDaniels were... just small bargaining chip along the way to get that deal done.

Elway, Fox, Jack Del Rio, Peyton Manning... That's stuff legends are made of. :strong:

broncocalijohn
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM

If that is the case, Tebow (or Sanchez) isn't the backup, he is the new M and M tandem we had in Denver when Elway was hurt. If 15/20 snaps a game means he is a running back on 2/3rds of those then you might have a point. I just don't see it unless Sanchez stinks from the start of TC.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm sorry.....did the jets get rid of mark sanchez?

I thought when a team got a better quarterback they would get rid of the not so good quarterback... kind of like we did when we signed peyton manning.

One day your butt hurt will subside.

Your posts never fail to amaze me. So much bull**** crammed into so little space.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Anyone that thinks that Mark Sanchez is better than Tim Tebow or liked by Jets fans clearly is unfamiliar with the NY media market.

And anyone who thinks Tebow is going to be kept on the bench very long by a QB who is clearly worse than Kyle Orton is absolutely nuts.

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
And anyone who thinks Tebow is going to be kept on the bench very long by a QB who is clearly worse than Kyle Orton is absolutely nuts.

I feel bad for the Jets old punt protector. That dude hasn't had a chance to lose the job in TC.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM
I like how Tebow fans are happy with him falling into the starting role because the QB that is a head of him fails.

Blueflame
04-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Yeah, the fact that their current QB sucks and was getting booed off the field has nothing to do with it.

It doesn't matter what Sanchez is or does, Beavis... Tebow's fanatical supporters are already poised to start pushing hard the nanosecond that Sanchez plays less-than-perfectly (which will happen sooner rather than later because Sanchez is a young player with mediocre skills). QB controversies aren't good for a fan base and they're even worse for a locker room. I'm glad it will be happening in someone else's locker room this year; not ours. And I'm glad that we have a future first ballot HOF QB leading our offense.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
I like how Tebow fans are happy with him falling into the starting role because the QB that is a head of him fails.

well outplaying them hasn't done him much good so far. I think TEbow fans will take it any way they can get it. there are a lot of ****tarded people who don't think he is a good Q.B.

because they are ****tards.

BroncoBeavis
04-26-2012, 02:58 PM
It doesn't matter what Sanchez is or does, Beavis... Tebow's fanatical supporters are already poised to start pushing hard the nanosecond that Sanchez plays less-than-perfectly (which will happen sooner rather than later because Sanchez is a young player with mediocre skills). QB controversies aren't good for a fan base and they're even worse for a locker room. I'm glad it will be happening in someone else's locker room this year; not ours. And I'm glad that we have a future first ballot HOF QB leading our offense.

There was talk of benching Sanchez last year for Mark ""Methuselah" Brunell. The controversy predated Tebow, he has nothing to do with it. That's just what happens when your QB sucks.

See Orton, Kyle.

I'll take the Tebow "Circus" every day of the week over another 4-12 snoozefest under a camp champ pocket-passer with no heart.

Butterscotch Stallion
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM

the only thing bad about our qb controversy last year was how many ****ing idiots there were who supported the worse QB. So much so that people had to pay for billboards and fight twats on the internet for months.

It sure was nice to be right though. Let me tell you. Victory tastes good.

Blueflame
04-26-2012, 03:02 PM
well outplaying them hasn't done him much good so far. I think TEbow fans will take it any way they can get it. there are a lot of ****tarded people who don't think he is a good Q.B.

because they are ****tards.

Ultimately it doesn't matter... unless he gains accuracy and then accuracy with consistency in passing the football, Tebow isn't going to make it for very long in the NFL... not at the QB position. NFL QBs are expected to be able to accurately pass the football... a less-than-50% completion percentage isn't going to cut it with any HC for very long.

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Last season was the most fun I've had as a Bronco fan in 6 years. Maybe longer. I wouldn't trade those memories for a couple of more losses and 10 more spaces in the draft.

Blueflame
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM
There was talk of benching Sanchez last year for Mark ""Methuselah" Brunell. The controversy predated Tebow, he has nothing to do with it. That's just what happens when your QB sucks.

See Orton, Kyle.

I'll take the Tebow "Circus" every day of the week over another 4-12 snoozefest under a camp champ pocket-passer with no heart.

the only thing bad about our qb controversy last year was how many ****ing idiots there were who supported the worse QB. So much so that people had to pay for billboards and fight twats on the internet for months.

It sure was nice to be right though. Let me tell you. Victory tastes good.

It feels good to me to have a clear upgrade at the QB position going into 2012 and that the Tebow circus has moved on to another franchise. The locker room will unify and solidify behind Manning... and so will the fan base even though it may take a few wins before he wins over some of the more-invested Tebow fans. The offseason changes will pay off for us.

Go Broncos!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:08 PM

Orton is a horrible QB. But he's also 1-0 against Tebow with only having to score 7 points.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2012, 03:11 PM

Facts presented without comment:

Orton started 1-4.

Tebow finished 1-4.

Orton is 1-0 against Tebow.

Tebow mustered only 3 points in that game.

TDmvp
04-26-2012, 03:20 PM
It feels good to me to have a clear upgrade at the QB position going into 2012 and that the Tebow circus has moved on to another franchise. The locker room will unify and solidify behind Manning... and so will the fan base even though it may take a few wins before he wins over some of the more-invested Tebow fans. The offseason changes will pay off for us.

Go Broncos!!!

Hilarious!

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 03:22 PM
Yay Ghey Tebow Orton Thread on Draft Day.

Yay.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Facts presented without comment:

Orton started 1-4.

Tebow finished 1-4.

Orton is 1-0 against Tebow.

Tebow mustered only 3 points in that game.

2010 and 2011 seasons with each:

Orton: 4-14

Tebow: 8-6 with one playoff win

You are proof that brain damage never goes away...

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:32 PM
Orton is a horrible QB. But he's also 1-0 against Tebow with only having to score 7 points.

I swear to God half the people on this board comprise some of the stupidest mother****ers I've ever encountered. It's mind-boggling to be honest.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:33 PM
I swear to God half the people on this board comprise some of the stupidest mother****ers I've ever encountered. It's mind-boggling to be honest.

Then why do you keep coming back?

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 03:34 PM

Banned from the Jets board.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
Banned from the Jets board.

Calls us stupid for bringing up a head to head match up.

I don't give a shyt about any other games. All that record crap he brings up just proves Orton sucks against the rest of the nfl QBs yet beat his wet dream.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:38 PM

I don't give a shyt about any other games. All that record crap he brings up just proves Orton sucks against the rest of the nfl QBs yet beat his wet dream.

This coming from one of the geniuses that credits luck more than Tebow for our playoff win. Hilarious!

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM

Can't let all you mouth breathers spew your nonsense unchallenged.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
This coming from one of the geniuses that credits luck more than Tebow for our playoff win. Hilarious!

Nope. I credit Phillip rivers and Marion barber for that game to even exist. Then I credit tebow AND the team for winning that game.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Can't let all you mouth breathers spew your nonsense unchallenged.

We got Beavis for that.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 03:47 PM

Hey lets be real here Tebow is pretty good. When is the last time any team got a draft pick for a punt protector?

broncosteven
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
I wonder if the Jets will draft the best punt protector in the draft to bring competition to the position?

Wouldn't that be fitting?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
2010 and 2011 seasons with each:

Orton: 4-14

Tebow: 8-6 with one playoff win

You are proof that brain damage never goes away...

So you have no retort then?

Right. Carry on, Jets fan.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 04:18 PM
So you have no retort then?

Right. Carry on, Jets fan.

If you think that one game proves more than their overall records on the same team you are more retarded than I originally thought. And I thought you were pretty retarded.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 04:34 PM
If you think that one game proves more than their overall records on the same team you are more retarded than I originally thought. And I thought you were pretty retarded.

Pretty retarded to think 2010 and 2011 teams were the same. I'm actually half on your side since I do think Orton blows chunks and trannys. I just happened to think your boy blows too.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Vince Young has a good overall record. Does that mean he's good?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2012, 04:42 PM

I don't think that. Not remotely.

Do you even know how to read?

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 04:43 PM
Vince Young has a good overall record. Does that mean he's good?

It means he's not as bad as some claim. Young's biggest problem is that he's a head case.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 04:44 PM
I don't think that. Not remotely.

Do you even know how to read?

If that isn't what you believe perhaps your should work on your writing, because that definitely seems to be what you are claiming.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 04:46 PM
Pretty retarded to think 2010 and 2011 teams were the same. I'm actually half on your side since I do think Orton blows chunks and trannys. I just happened to think your boy blows too.

I would never argue that Tebow is a good QB presently (though I think it's ridiculous how people judge the kid as a final product when he's still very much in the developmental stage), merely that he is better than Orton (and by extension Sanchez).

errand
04-26-2012, 04:56 PM

no one's got a gun to your head douchebag....

I know you guys get tired of hearing it but you can always go onto a jets board and talk Tebow all you want..... go try to convince them of how great tebow is.... because our front office have seen enough and didn't want it.

but let me ask all you nut huggers a question.....

why do you seriously believe that the denver broncos got rid of tim tebow. if you are correct about him and everybody else is an idiot why did they get rid of him?

why would they get rid of a guy that was a class act, a good leader, who inspired his teammates, help them win the division titles, and helped win a playoff game?

please explain why that guy is no longer on the team.....

Bacchus
04-26-2012, 05:07 PM

So says the Tebow fanatic.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-26-2012, 05:14 PM
If that isn't what you believe perhaps your should work on your writing, because that definitely seems to be what you are claiming.

Only if the person reading is completely clueless and can't seem to get his tongue out of Tim's ass hole.

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 05:17 PM
Only if the person reading is completely clueless and can't seem to get his tongue out of Tim's a-hole.

Only a very bad writer blames the reader when his intended point is not properly conveyed. So why don't you clarify or shut the **** up.