PDA

View Full Version : What are your plans for the 2012 NFL Draft?

Requiem
04-24-2012, 02:50 PM
I plan on hanging out with some buddies (Dolphins and Vikes fans) for the first round Thursday night, watchin' the big screen. Probably going to order some wings and pizza. Pound down a few brews and end up having the sharts. What is your draft day ritual?

bronco militia
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm mostly done after Thursday.....the NFL ****ed up spreading this crap out over several days

Archer81
04-24-2012, 02:52 PM
Oil wrestling.

Oh, wait...Probably the same. I am supposed to go to a buddy's house to watch with some friends (they are hockey guys...kinda weird) and probably make my liver hate me.

:Broncos:

errand
04-24-2012, 02:54 PM
I'm gonna watch the draft, and lurk on the Orangemane, cuz I know some heads are gonna explode....LOL

yerner
04-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Nothing unusual for a thursday...dress up a hooker in raiders gear and choke him to death.

eddie mac
04-24-2012, 02:59 PM
I'm ****ing fuming. Wont be shown live in the UK this year so I'll have to watch a stream that will be 10 secs behind live. Total joke.

bombay
04-24-2012, 03:04 PM
To read about it when it's over.

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Drink with the same people like every year. :)

Bronco Boy
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Thinking about going to it since I live about a block away from it and have a buddy attending but will probably skip out and just watch it on tv.

TheReverend
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm gonna watch the draft, and lurk on the Orangemane, cuz I know some heads are gonna explode....LOL

Boy what a shock!

I never wouldve guessed that you had no friends inviting you anywhere.

...ever.

CEH
04-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Might head down to the Tavern for the Bronco's draft party.

ludo21
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
i need cable

SaveusElway15
04-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Nothing unusual for a thursday...dress up a hooker in raiders gear and choke him to death.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Paladin
04-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Gonna watch the Rockies' game and flip back and forth to the draft. The Draft is absolutely boring except for maybe 30 seconds out of every 10 minites.

This message ws typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG;s nipples.)

Rohirrim
04-24-2012, 03:51 PM
The girl with the dragon tattoo is coming over. Guess I'll tape the lap top to the ceiling. :puff:

OBF1
04-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Barbque something for dinner and watch it on NFL network.

crush17
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Gonna watch the Rockies' game and flip back and forth to the draft. The Draft is absolutely boring except for maybe 30 seconds out of every 10 minites.

This message ws typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG;s nipples.)

Truth.com

houghtam
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
My buddy may be coming up from Ohio to watch it with us like the olden days. This may be the last draft I watch, so I'm doing it right. It's going to be like three days of Super Bowl food.

BroncoBeavis
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Pretending to enjoy my son's Cub Scout banquet while pretending not to check the OM on my phone. :)

rugbythug
04-24-2012, 04:07 PM
Poor Planning on my Part.

I rented a Condo in San Diego so I won't have my regular predraft fun. Plus I burned one of my Favorite weekends of the year.

Rabb
04-24-2012, 04:20 PM

:~ohyah!:

baja
04-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Boy what a shock!

...ever.

Projecting

Chris
04-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Considering I'm at hour 10 of a 24 hour day, I'd say I'll be sleeping right until it becomes time to watch the thing. Then I will watch it on my pc while pretending to sleep. Afterwards I will sleep.

Goobzilla
04-24-2012, 04:51 PM
Casual interest checking in via smart phone. Hate the new extended format as well.

gunns
04-24-2012, 04:54 PM
A mad race home from work (hate it not starting on Saturday), my son will be home from the Middle East tomorrow, he'll laugh at the Denver pick, I'll laugh at the Pittsburgh pick and in the mean time we will get our flight and hotel room for the Den-Pitt game and talk some smack to each other.

SouthStndJunkie
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Some good green, good beer, good friends, and Inky's Pizza.

Took the week off work, so I can have a great time Thursday night.

I have a couple of buds who dig the draft almost as much as I do, and they will be over.

One is a Browns fan and one is a Bengals fan....so between them, they have 4 picks in the first round.

If the Browns don't take Trent Richardson, my bud's head will explode.

It will be a good time.

broncosteven
04-24-2012, 05:33 PM
I have to DVR it due to soccer practice and homework (not mine).

The good thing is I can fast forward over Boomer bad thing is I will be late to Mane's implosion.

errand
04-24-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm ****ing fuming. Wont be shown live in the UK this year so I'll have to watch a stream that will be 10 secs behind live. Total joke.

Sorry dude....that sucks when you post a team's selection, you're gonna get one of those annoying "that was so 10 seconds ago" from your buddies in the states...lol

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm going to break out a fancy box of wine and some Kraft singles. Pretend like it is game time.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm going to break out a fancy box of wine and some Kraft singles. Pretend like it is game time.

Do you dip the Kraft singles in the wine? Is that good for your colon?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Do you dip the Kraft singles in the wine? Is that good for your colon?

Higher in fiber if you eat them in the wrapper.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Higher in fiber if you eat them in the wrapper.

You got a hell of a funny bone. Hilarious!

GreatBronco16
04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Got the DVR set. Son has a baseball game, I have a softball game, so we will catch up when we get home. It will probably be our pick when we get home.:)

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I remember being so GD pissed in 2009 because I had to go to a wedding for my wife's best friend on draft day. Turns out I watched the better event. Everything for a reason.

Stuck in Cali
04-24-2012, 07:37 PM
My son wants to watch it with me (he is 6). So should end up playing trains or cars during it. Don't really think it will hold his interest but we will see. Least I know he is a Broncos fan!

errand
04-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Boy what a shock!

...ever.

And you care....why?

GoBroncos DownUnder
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Odds are that I'll be at a bar in Southside (PA) watching it with an Eagles fan, Buccs fan and 2 Cowboys fans, ... plus a few random Steeler fans who come by to bitch about how we are stinking the place up!
Special for the night is $2 Yeungling drafts and 20c wings ... I'll be HAMMERED and still have cash for the week! ;-)

houghtam
04-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Odds are that I'll be at a bar in Southside (PA) watching it with an Eagles fan, Buccs fan and 2 Cowboys fans, ... plus a few random Steeler fans who come by to b**** about how we are stinking the place up!
Special for the night is $2 Yeungling drafts and 20c wings ... I'll be HAMMERED and still have cash for the week! ;-)

DUDE. You ought to come watch it in Fort Wayne with me. For old times' sake!

GoBroncos DownUnder
04-24-2012, 08:00 PM
For old times sake, I could do WITHOUT: the raging hangover - including the vomiting for pregame prep, the girl from Texas - my wife would crush her soul, and sleeping with a brick for a pillow!
But otherwise "for old times sake" how about if I just jump from a moving vehicle, scaring the CRAP out of the Taxi Driver and maybe pound 2-3 gallons of Hoffbrahaus beer!:egbgb:
Good times man, GOOD times! ;)

razorwire77
04-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Ol' Roger has thrown quite the ugly friend "let's go Heather" Thursday cock block in my draft plans.

I might grill up a steak and drink a beer or two, but probably not even that.

Watch the draft and post here. That's about it.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
For old times sake, I could do WITHOUT: the raging hangover - including the vomiting for pregame prep, the girl from Texas - my wife would crush her soul, and sleeping with a brick for a pillow!
But otherwise "for old times sake" how about if I just jump from a moving vehicle, scaring the CRAP out of the Taxi Driver and maybe pound 2-3 gallons of Hoffbrahaus beer!:egbgb:

Did you end up, ya know...:~ohyah!:?

maven
04-24-2012, 08:42 PM
I'll be busy. This new format sucks, but oh well. One round on thursday? barf

bronco610
04-24-2012, 08:43 PM
Drink beer and then yell at the TV all pissed off when we select anything besides a DT.

GoBroncos DownUnder
04-24-2012, 08:47 PM

Did you end up, ya know...:~ohyah!:?

Did you NOT see the bit in BLUE?? Whaddya think?:alky:

orinjkrush
04-24-2012, 08:51 PM
put on my boxing headgear and gloves and pound the crap out of the walls at pick 25. headbanging till the second round, then more wall punching at the next pick.

hope my trainer has some water.

meangene
04-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Working the midnight shift, which starts at 10:00 p.m., so I'll be fast forwarding the DVR versions on Friday and Saturday mornings before going to bed. First time I will miss the live draft since I can remember. Should catch the weekend picks live.

Chris
04-25-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm still at work, so my guess is when I do finally get home I'll sleep right through the draft, which will piss me off immensely.

http://gingetalksthefooty.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/face-melt.gif

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 05:16 AM
With only a couple of exceptions, I have watched every draft in its entirety since the 1993 Bledsoe/Mirer draft when I was 12 years old. This year I will be watching at a buddies' house with a Chargers fan, a Steelers fan, and a Jags fan. Copious amounts of beer and pizza shall be consumed.

Broncos_OTM
04-25-2012, 05:32 AM
Odds are that I'll be at a bar in Southside (PA) watching it with an Eagles fan, Buccs fan and 2 Cowboys fans, ... plus a few random Steeler fans who come by to b**** about how we are stinking the place up!
Special for the night is $2 Yeungling Yeungling drafts and 20c wings ... I'll be HAMMERED and still have cash for the week! ;-)
man, I'm jealous. Yeunglingis my all time favorite. good thing Colorado has steel toe stout by ska brewing and nitrostout by left hand otherwise there'd be hell to pay.

Broncos_OTM
04-25-2012, 05:34 AM
Working the midnight shift, which starts at 10:00 p.m., so I'll be fast forwarding the DVR versions on Friday and Saturday mornings before going to bed. First time I will miss the live draft since I can remember. Should catch the weekend picks live.

I work 500p to 530a, I feel ya

Broncos_OTM
04-25-2012, 05:41 AM

i can't remember the name of the club but the one gentlemens club in fort wayne ruined all other ones for me. I swear that broad had only one arm...

TonyR
04-25-2012, 05:49 AM
...watching it with an Eagles fan...

Damn Eagles have 3 of the first 51 picks.

WolfpackGuy
04-25-2012, 06:06 AM
Getting wasted and arguing with a Skins, Beagles, and I think a Jets fan.

PRBronco
04-25-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm still at work, so my guess is when I do finally get home I'll sleep right through the draft, which will piss me off immensely.

Dude what line of work are you in with the long ass shifts?

I'm moving to Calgary for a new job on Saturday, pushed back my relocation date by two days so I can squeeze in the draft day party with my Charger fan buddy :) We eat pizza, play madden, and drink each time our respective team is mentioned. Today's my last day of work, tomorrow will be spent driving around getting eats for the party, and also packing :-/

phibacka31
04-25-2012, 07:33 AM
I am the head golf coach at my old high school and we have a meet Thursday night... we won't be back until 7:30, so than I will race to the bar with my assistant coach and get hammered and watch thursday night....rinse and repeat Friday... Golfing, golf club shopping, draft Saturday...