PDA

View Full Version : With the #25th pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Denver Broncos select...

pricejj
04-24-2012, 07:45 AM
This is NOT who you want, but who you think they actually select.

schaaf
04-24-2012, 07:48 AM
I get the feeling they're gonna trade down a couple spots and pick up Doug Martin

pricejj
04-24-2012, 07:48 AM
I get the feeling they're gonna trade down a couple spots and pick up Doug Martin

That would be nice...unfortunately I don't think they will find a trade partner.

schaaf
04-24-2012, 07:50 AM
Maybe, but it seems like there are always teams that are wanting to get in the 23-27 range

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 07:52 AM
This is NOT who you want, but who you think they actually select.

Considering i've changed my mind every single day the last week, i can't be held accountable for my answer because it may change literally an hour from now...

At this point, i lean towards denver making a move to nab kirkpatrick...

With that said, you may want to add "other" as an option because sitting at 25, there are countless other options... stephen hill, trade back, kendel wright, fleener, smith, etc...

pricejj
04-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Considering i've changed my mind every single day the last week, i can't be held accountable for my answer because it may change literally an hour from now...

At this point, i lean towards denver making a move to nab kirkpatrick...

With that said, you may want to add "other" as an option because sitting at 25, there are countless other options... stephen hill, trade back, kendel wright, fleener, smith, etc...

After Elway's presser, I think the chances of them taking a WR, TE, or OL at #25...are slim to none.

I don't think they will draft Harrison Smith, strictly for the reason that he has not been mocked that high by anyone. Elway admitted that they value other peoples mocks...I don't think they would take a "consensus" 2nd rounder in the 1st. They don't think outside the box.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 08:14 AM
After Elway's presser, I think the chances of them taking a WR, TE, or OL at #25...are slim to none.

I don't think they will draft Harrison Smith, strictly for the reason that he has not been mocked that high by anyone. Elway admitted that they value other peoples mocks...I don't think they would take a "consensus" 2nd rounder in the 1st. They don't think outside the box.

At this point, i dont think its safe to assume anything regarding the draft...

But either way, should the poll be based off of your conclusions or left open for everyone to decide on their own?...

No biggie, just my two cents...

Drek
04-24-2012, 08:17 AM
I think Brockers is going to be there and they'll draft him as the BPA who fills a need.

Then in round 2 they'll select Lamar Miller.

Rohirrim
04-24-2012, 08:19 AM
Very hard to figure. I think somebody will drop to 25 and the Broncos will take him. On my mock, I hypothesize it will be Poe. Not who I want, but if he's there I'm afraid Fox and Del Rio will fall in love with his upside. After all, they're coaches, and he's a coaching problem.

razorwire77
04-24-2012, 08:23 AM
If Kirkpatrick is there at 25, I think think he's the pick. I think he won't be and they'll snag Michael Brockers. If Brockers is gone, than you go BPA or trade back.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 08:23 AM
At this point, i dont think its safe to assume anything regarding the draft...

But either way, should the poll be based off of your conclusions or left open for everyone to decide on their own?...

No biggie, just my two cents...

Is it possible to modify polls? Even so, I would be extremely surprised if their actual pick is not on this list...

Great13
04-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Is it possible to modify polls? Even so, I would be extremely surprised if their actual pick is not on this list...

I'll say it again.. Nick Perry

Pass rushers go early so I wouldn't be surprised if he was already gone. But Elway talked about "packages", never having "enough pass rushers", and our defense struggling when they are "spread out". Everyone has been linked with Denver BUT Perry in most circles. I think that's the way they want it. Is he a starter? No. Is he an impact pass rusher in a nickle line up? YES. That's just the way I interpret these smoke screens.. and so Nick Perry gets my vote (and approval!) for the pick.

gyldenlove
04-24-2012, 11:40 AM
My instinct right now says we will trade down, maybe to the top of round 2 or maybe just the bottom of round 1 and get either a RB or Josh Robinson - if we stay at 25 it will be Konz or Kirkpatrick.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 11:44 AM

Pass rushers go early so I wouldn't be surprised if he was already gone. But Elway talked about "packages", never having "enough pass rushers", and our defense struggling when they are "spread out". Everyone has been linked with Denver BUT Perry in most circles. I think that's the way they want it. Is he a starter? No. Is he an impact pass rusher in a nickle line up? YES. That's just the way I interpret these smoke screens.. and so Nick Perry gets my vote (and approval!) for the pick.

I like that...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-24-2012, 11:45 AM
I just bet they trade...even if its not for amazing value. I think getting anything would be fine because im not convinced the guy at 25 will be any better than the one at 45

NFLBRONCO
04-24-2012, 12:01 PM
If they stay at 25

Martin

I don't think Kirkpatrick will be available at 25.

I think Konz is a huge possibility unsure if he'll be there at 25.

Jay3
04-24-2012, 12:05 PM
I predict the only players left on Denver's first round board are DT's, and so they forego making a pick, rather than bringing in a defensive tackle.

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2012, 12:12 PM
it will probably be a RB as this position will probably be best value there in the late first round. I doubt a true blue chip DT will be available and I doubt Kirkpatrick will be avaliable. A real good LBer might be there but if it's based on value and need, the Broncos should take a RB first and then a LBer later. Either way, I'd be ok with a blue chip LBer as well, but he has to be fast and be able to cover...

houghtam
04-24-2012, 12:25 PM
It's going to be Martin, IMO. EFX think they can win now, so they're going to get a player at a skill position who makes an immediate impact.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 12:49 PM

My instinct right now says we will trade down, maybe to the top of round 2 or maybe just the bottom of round 1 and get either a RB or Josh Robinson - if we stay at 25 it will be Konz or Kirkpatrick.

If they stay at 25, Martin. I think Konz is a huge possibility unsure if he'll be there at 25.

All good scenarios...give me Derek Wolfe, or Brandon Thompson in round 2...and you might just have yourselves a deal. :sunshine:

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 01:37 PM
There's no RB amongst the options, so I can't vote for what I honestly expect. Silly poll.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 01:38 PM
There's no RB amongst the options, so I can't vote for what I honestly expect. Silly poll.

You mean other than Doug Martin?

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 01:54 PM
You mean other than Doug Martin?

Ah missed that. But why is Doug Martin on there while Lamar Miller and David Wilson aren't? Doug Martin is not considered the top RB prospect after Trent Richardson by most people.

Beej
04-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Here's a quick concensus of the mock drafts from hailredskins.com (just the ones
updated April 10 or later):

Brockers 14
Worthy 10
Still 6
Poe 5
Wright 3
Konz, Martin 2
Barron, Fleener, Perry, Zeitler, Hightower, Jeffrey, Reyes, Jenkins, Trade-down 1

FWIW, this method picked Jarvis Moss and Ryan Clady in past drafts.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Ah missed that. But why is Doug Martin on there while Lamar Miller and David Wilson aren't? Doug Martin is not considered the top RB prospect after Trent Richardson by most people.

Doug martin is considered by many to be the next best back after richardson...

But i concede that it isnt exactly a consesus...

DENVERDUI55
04-24-2012, 01:57 PM
No need to give a detailed explaination only to have the thread deleted. Where is the Crick option?

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 02:02 PM
I don't care how homer it is but I don't think David can be ruled out. They have to know how bad our LBs are at coverage. Also I think DJ is being dangled for Samuels.

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 02:04 PM
Doug martin is considered by many to be the next best back after richardson...

But i concede that it isnt exactly a consesus...

The only people who rate Doug Martin that high are people who put way too much stock in the combine. Dude played no one in college and benefited from a ridiculously powerful passing game that defenses were keying on every game.

uplink
04-24-2012, 02:24 PM
They will trade out of the 1st round

houghtam
04-24-2012, 02:26 PM
The only people who rate Doug Martin that high are people who put way too much stock in the combine. Dude played no one in college and benefited from a ridiculously powerful passing game that defenses were keying on every game.

If you believe the Manning crowd, that is the very description of our passing game this year. IF you believe it.

If.

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 02:32 PM
If you believe the Manning crowd, that is the very description of our passing game this year. IF you believe it.

If.Hilarious!
There is no if.

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 02:36 PM

If.

Yes, but drafting a back in the 1st round who was a secondary aspect of a team's offense in a very weak conference still makes no sense. I really don't get why anyone would rank Doug Martin any higher than a guy like Robert Turbin.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Yes, but drafting a back in the 1st round who was a secondary aspect of a team's offense in a very weak conference still makes no sense. I really don't get why anyone would rank Doug Martin any higher than a guy like Robert Turbin.

Sorry I left off Miller. I didn't consider him an option anymore because he has been dropping down draft boards. I was pretty sure Alfred Williams was the only one who still had him listed in the 1st round.

You have watched Turbin's game tape right? In the Bowl game he couldn't score when right up against the goal line...nor could he pick up a 1st down, to keep their last drive alive, and they lost. Oh, and he had an ACL.

Archer81
04-24-2012, 02:42 PM
Sorry I left off Miller.

You have watched Turbin's game tape right? In the Bowl game he couldn't score when right up against the goal line...nor could he pick up a 1st down, to keep their last drive alive, and they lost.

Oh, and he had an ACL.

Most people have two.

:kiss:

:Broncos:

pricejj
04-24-2012, 02:43 PM
Most people have two.

:kiss:

:Broncos:

:giggle:

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 02:46 PM
Sorry I left off Miller.

You have watched Turbin's game tape right? In the Bowl game he couldn't score when right up against the goal line...nor could he pick up a 1st down, to keep their last drive alive, and they lost.

Oh, and he had an ACL.

Doug Martin likewise has been shutdown in some games (for example Georgia held him to 57 yards on 24 carries last season). A bad game is hardly proof of anything (and in that bowl game you are referring to, Turbin still had a better YPC average than Martin's season average).

Good point on the ACL though.

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Sorry I left off Miller. I didn't consider him an option anymore because he has been dropping down draft boards. I was pretty sure Alfred Williams was the only one who still had him listed in the 1st round.

You have watched Turbin's game tape right? In the Bowl game he couldn't score when right up against the goal line...nor could he pick up a 1st down, to keep their last drive alive, and they lost. Oh, and he had an ACL.

David Wilson is the best RB prospect after Trent Richardson, just so you know. Not Doug Martin or Lamar Miller. That said, I think the talk of Lamar Miller slipping is probably wrong (he's still a late 1st/early 2nd guy). His speed will get him drafted before backs that are more well rounded. Some GM's love their speed a bit too much.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 02:51 PM
David Wilson is my cousin.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 02:53 PM
David Wilson is the best RB prospect after Trent Richardson, just so you know. Not Doug Martin or Lamar Miller.

I have never seen him mocked by anyone on this site, or any other site, to the Broncos at #25. He fumbles a ton, and is somewhat smallish. He would be a good pickup in the 2nd round.

I didn't list Kendall Wright, Chandler Jones, Coby Fleener, or Cordy Glenn either. I guess I could have made a list of 15 prospects. Sorry man. I thought I picked anyone who would receive a vote.

Since you're complaining so much, I assume you would have picked David Wilson?

RocBronc
04-24-2012, 02:55 PM
If Brockers or Kirkpatrick isn't there I think they'll try to trade down (and I hope they do) if they can't I think they'll take Lamar Miller...

If they can trade down I see them taking Lamar Miller anyway... I think that they're going to roll the dice and take him at a later spot. (and pick up an extra pick or 2) If Miller isn't there than I think they'll take Reyes.

If they don't end up with Miller, I think the RB they'll take later in the draft is Pead.

I'm hoping they don't take Osweiler (at least before the 4th round). It's not that I don't like him, I do, I think having him sit for 3 years is too long. I'd like to see us draft Manning's successor next year not this year. We need to spend all of our high draft picks on players that can potentially help Manning win now.

If he's still there I think they'll draft Brandon Boykin in the 2nd round, especially if they get a DT in the first. In the third round I say Mike Martin will be their pick.

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
I have never seen him mocked by anyone on this site, or any other site, to the Broncos at #25. He fumbles a ton, and is somewhat smallish. He would be a good pickup in the 2nd round.

I didn't list Kendall Wright, Chandler Jones, Coby Fleener, or Cordy Glenn either. I guess I could have made a list of 15 prospects. Sorry man. I thought I picked anyone who would receive a vote.

Since you're complaining so much, I assume you would have picked David Wilson?

I actually expect us to reach for Lamar Miller. I have little faith in our FO as many here know.

But I think you need to do more research if you don't think David Wilson is widely ranked at the same or higher level as Doug Martin or Lamar Miller.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 03:06 PM
I actually expect us to reach for Lamar Miller. I have little faith in our FO as many here know.

But I think you need to do more research if you don't think David Wilson is widely ranked at the same or higher level as Doug Martin or Lamar Miller.

Yeah it sucks I forgot Miller. You might be right about Wilson too. He's fast. I just didn't consider that he would go in the 1st round. So many people like Doug Martin, because of his size and vision. I was impressed after watching his youtubes last night. I watched David Wilson's stuff eons ago, it feels like.

It was probably good to just put one RB, so the votes didn't get diluted. If there is an RB that the Broncos like better than the overrated DT's, they will pick him. Generic 'RB' would have been best. You should just vote for Doug Martin if you think they'll pick Lamar Miller.

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Yeah it sucks I forgot Miller. You might be right about Wilson too. He's fast. I just didn't consider that he would go in the 1st round. So many people like Doug Martin, because of his size and vision. I was impressed after watching his youtubes last night. I watched David Wilson's stuff eons ago, it feels like.

Doug Martin is just one of those combine/senior bowl guys that people get all excited about (even some GM's), but his college production in a weak conference is pretty underwhelming.

David Wilson is a an excellent receiver and has TD-style power/size (as in he's a guy just over 200 pounds who plays like a guy twenty pounds heavier).

houghtam
04-24-2012, 03:21 PM
Hilarious!
There is no if.

Really?? So you're guaranteeing we have a ridiculously powerful passing game this year? What's your definition of "ridiculously powerful"? Top 5? Scoring? Yardage? What?

Agamemnon
04-24-2012, 03:27 PM
Really?? So you're guaranteeing we have a ridiculously powerful passing game this year? What's your definition of "ridiculously powerful"? Top 5? Scoring? Yardage? What?

Haven't you heard? Manning is going to be playing like its 2005 again, and our receivers and line are going to be completely in synch with him from the first game on. ;)

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Yes to top 5 in yards, top ten in scoring. Indy with Manning since 2003 failed to finish in the top 5 in yards just once. They finished 6th that year.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Yes to top 5 in yards, top ten in scoring. Indy with Manning since 2003 failed to finish in the top 5 in yards just once. They finished 6th that year.

Okay, so if they finish top 5 in passing yards and top 10 in scoring, I will leave the site for a year. If not, you leave. Deal? :~ohyah!:

Punisher
04-24-2012, 03:35 PM
Hightower Book it

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Okay, so if they finish top 5 in passing yards and top 10 in scoring, I will leave the site for a year. If not, you leave. Deal? :~ohyah!:

Don't I already a bet with you about Manning starting more games then Tebow over the next two years?

houghtam
04-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Don't I already a bet with you about Manning starting more games then Tebow over the next two years?

Yeah, I can't remember what the terms of that are though, and I'm on my phone so I'm not looking it up.

oubronco
04-24-2012, 04:18 PM
Every RB has been shutdown in some games

FIFY

oubronco
04-24-2012, 04:21 PM
It won't matter who it is the mane will explode

Can't wait

Rabb
04-24-2012, 04:22 PM

Can't wait

troof

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, I can't remember what the terms of that are though, and I'm on my phone so I'm not looking it up.

We didn't set terms. You took our other bet a step further saying Manning will be out of the NFL after this season. Deal on our other bet.

oubronco
04-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Can You Dig It

http://basementrejects.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/warriors-can-you-dig-it.jpg

houghtam
04-24-2012, 04:30 PM
We didn't set terms. You took our other bet a step further saying Manning will be out of the NFL after this season. Deal on our other bet.

Sweet.

I guess since one of us will be gone by the beginning of next year, it doesn't really matter much about this bet.

I'll still go on record saying we will be neither top 5 in passing yards nor top 10 in scoring.

gunns
04-24-2012, 04:49 PM
I have no idea this year. I just hope it's defense.

gunns
04-24-2012, 04:50 PM

Can't wait

I will only if it's a WR or TE. I may not be happy with the pick but I won't explode unless it's one of those two positions.

Jay3
04-24-2012, 05:08 PM

Correct answer.

"There's nothing but wall-to-wall defensive tackles."

"Trade back, trade back!"

Requiem
04-24-2012, 05:10 PM
Correct answer.

"There's nothing but wall-to-wall defensive tackles."

"Trade back, trade back!"

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/animated_gifs/austin_01.gif

pricejj
04-24-2012, 06:08 PM
Here are a few fun facts about the top 3 contenders:

1st place: Michael Brockers has a total of 2 career sacks. I thought Fox wanted more sack production from DT?

2nd place: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty. Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

3rd place: Doug Martin is the slowest of the top 5 RB's (4.55 forty), he will be almost 24 years old when the season starts, he will be backing up the 11th best RB in the NFL (McGahee), and will get 7-10 touches per game.

eddie mac
04-24-2012, 06:18 PM
Did this wee mock on another forum with 31 fans from other teams.

24 Denver from Pittsburgh- DT Dontari Poe Memphis
48 Denver from New England from Oakland- DL Jerel Worthy Michigan State
87 Denver*- CB Jamell Fleming Oklahoma
137 Denver from St Louis- RB Robert Turbin Utah State
174 Denver from New England from Tampa Bay- RB/WR/KR Chris Rainey Florida
182 Denver from New England from Kansas City- CB Shaun Prater Iowa
188 Denver from New York Jets- OG Joe Looney Wake Forest
193 Denver from Atlanta*- OLB Travis Lewis Oklahoma

Requiem
04-24-2012, 06:21 PM
I believe Brockers will be off the board (and he is strictly a run stuffer), so the next guy is Dre Kirkpatrick.

FYI: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty.

Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

You really need to stop posting dumb ****. People keep schooling you and you keep running your mouth. Who gives a **** if he ran a 4.51? Who is to say he didn't time getting off the line well at the combine when he ran?

And FWIW, that he is being considered in the first round, even with a marginal time goes to show you what teams think of him and what he can bring to the game.

And just so you know, he was timed at a 4.43 and a 4.53 with both his times in Indianapolis respectively.

KipCorrington25
04-24-2012, 06:28 PM
I have a weird feeling we'll end up with Fleener the TE from Stanford... it makes no sense, that's why I can see it happening.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 06:44 PM
You really need to stop posting dumb ****. People keep schooling you and you keep running your mouth. Who gives a **** if he ran a 4.51? Who is to say he didn't time getting off the line well at the combine when he ran?

And FWIW, that he is being considered in the first round, even with a marginal time goes to show you what teams think of him and what he can bring to the game.

And just so you know, he was timed at a 4.43 and a 4.53 with both his times in Indianapolis respectively.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=89448&draftyear=2012&genpos=CB

40 Time: 4.51 40 Low: 4.39 40 High: 4.59

pricejj
04-24-2012, 06:52 PM

He ran a 4.43, a 4.53, and a 4.58...they average all 3 times right? They do it the same way for everybody. Like I said, IF he ever actually starts, he would be the slowest starting CB in the NFL taken in the 1st round, if it sounds like a reach, it's because it is.

If the Broncos want to jump above Pittsburgh for anybody, it should be Dont'a Hightower, not Kirkpatrick. The middle of the Defense is the problem.

Trade up to #23 to get Hightower. Then trade up in the 2nd to get Wolfe, or Thompson.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 06:58 PM
...and he ran a 4.59. Like I said, IF he ever actually starts, he would be the slowest starting CB in the NFL taken in the 1st round, if it sounds like a reach, it's because it is.

If the Broncos want to jump above Pittsburgh for anybody, it should be Dont'a Hightower, not Kirkpatrick.

The only reaching here is you grasping at straws to down him at every turn. He is a first-round draft pick. Unlike everyone you have been advocating this whole time. (Which is why you are deleting posts, editing posts and deleting entire threads.)

I mean seriously, you even projected him at SS. I guess you didn't see Alabama play much.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Here are a few fun facts about the top 3 contenders:

1st place: Michael Brockers has a total of 2 career sacks. I thought Fox wanted more sack production from DT?

2nd place: If Dre Kirkpatrick ever actually starts in the NFL, he will be the only starting NFL CB, drafted in the 1st round, to run slower than a 4.50 forty. Yes Rev, Malcolm Jenkins is a Safety.

3rd place: Doug Martin is the slowest of the top 5 RB's (4.55 forty), he will be almost 24 years old when the season starts, he will be backing up the 11th best RB in the NFL (McGahee), and will get 7-10 touches per game.

Holy balls. This shiat is so retarded it made my eyes bleed.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 07:06 PM
The only reaching here is you grasping at straws to down him at every turn. He is a first-round draft pick. Unlike everyone you have been advocating this whole time. (Which is why you are deleting posts, editing posts and deleting entire threads.)

I mean seriously, you even projected him at SS. I guess you didn't see Alabama play much.

I'm done even reading this guy's posts. If you could put them all together in one big post (after un-deleting them, of course), there would be 10-15 players that he's claimed are better than 99% of mock drafts think they are, or that he's claimed are worse than 99% of mock drafts think they are. He then claims it's all in the interest of "discussion".

That's not discussion, it's throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if people hadn't called him out on deleting that one thread already, he'd be back after the draft, deleting every thread that doesn't support what actually happened, and then claiming he got it right.

Shananahan
04-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Not me! Keep bringing it, pricejj!

pricejj
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM

Alabama's SS is Mark Barron, who will be drafted much higher than Kirkpatrick, and is the primary reason Alabama's pass defense was so good. Kirkpatrick would be the only starting CB in the NFL, taken in the 1st round, to post a 4.51 forty. Don't let it hurt your feelings, it's a simple fact.

And yes, I think Hightower is a better prospect. With people like you clamoring to trade up to take Kirkpatrick...why wouldn't you trade up to take Hightower instead? All you have to do is leapfrog Pittsburgh. It just makes sense.

Shananahan
04-24-2012, 07:24 PM
I'm trying to figure out why you think there is a difference between the starting CBs who ran a 4.5+ forty and the starting CBs drafted in the first round who ran a 4.5+ forty.

Bmore Manning
04-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Pricey, Kirpatrick is a good CB prospect. I think if he transitioned to safety it would be FS and may be later in his career.
This 40 time stuff is over hyped, he didn't run great, big deal, have you watched him play, he can flat out play! Who burned him or ate him up when he was on the island? It's unfair to say that he's only a product of a good system when he was in man to man coverage.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Alabama's SS is Mark Barron, who will be drafted much higher than Kirkpatrick, and is the primary reason Alabama's pass defense was so good. Kirkpatrick would be the only starting CB in the NFL, taken in the 1st round, to post a 4.51 forty. Don't let it hurt your feelings, it's a simple fact.

And yes, I think Hightower is a better prospect. With people like you clamoring to trade up to take Kirkpatrick...why wouldn't you trade up to take Hightower instead? All you have to do is leapfrog Pittsburgh. It just makes sense.

You projected Dre Kirkpatrick to be a SS in the NFL if he didn't play CB. You are wrong. It just goes to show you don't really know dick. I've had enough. Between the draft crap and giving Ron Paul blowjobs every day, it has just gotten too be too much. It's just ignore time. Welcome to ignore. I hope everyone else follows suit.

Tim
04-24-2012, 07:43 PM
If Kirkpatrick gets past Pittsburgh at 24 then he will be a bronco if not they will pick up one of his teammates.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Drek found one...Chris Gamble 4.52 forty, #28 overall 2004. Thanks Drek.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm trying to figure out why you think there is a difference between the starting CBs who ran a 4.5+ forty and the starting CBs drafted in the first round who ran a 4.5+ forty.

Or, for that matter, a CB who had a 4.50 and one who had a 4.51.

houghtam
04-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Drek found one...Chris Gamble 4.52 forty, #28 overall 2004. Thanks Drek.

McAlister ran a 4.53.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profilexnews.php?pyid=61042&draftyear=1999&genpos=CB

bowtown
04-24-2012, 07:55 PM

A 1st round pick is only not a bust if he is good AND has the correct measurables AND is a guy that pricejj hasn't deleted a thread about.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Terrell Thomas (NYG) and Antoine Cason (SDG) also ran above a 4.5, but like Kirkpatrick, were timed below it as well.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Oh, so did Alterraun Verner -- who didn't start much last year, but did as a rookie.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Those guys weren't first rounders, but still. I mean, WTF is going on here. Wait, Cason definitely was.

cmhargrove
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM
it will probably be a RB as this position will probably be best value there in the late first round. I doubt a true blue chip DT will be available and I doubt Kirkpatrick will be avaliable. A real good LBer might be there but if it's based on value and need, the Broncos should take a RB first and then a LBer later. Either way, I'd be ok with a blue chip LBer as well, but he has to be fast and be able to cover...

I wonder why there hasn't been much talk about Zach Brown lately. He has freakish speed for a 240+ guy and would be a perfectly good option if we wanted to move on from DJ. I know he has limited experience, but he looks like he could be a real asset at WLB. I also think Kendricks could a great pickup withy the ability to compete outside or inside. He would really give some scheme diversity, speed, and sure tackling to the LB corps.

Granted, both these guys would be a better value at the top of the second, but are worth looking at in the bottom of the first.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 08:20 PM
I wonder why there hasn't been much talk about Zach Brown lately. He has freakish speed for a 240+ guy and would be a perfectly good option if we wanted to move on from DJ. I know he has limited experience, but he looks like he could be a real asset at WLB. I also think Kendricks could a great pickup withy the ability to compete outside or inside. He would really give some scheme diversity, speed, and sure tackling to the LB corps.

Granted, both these guys would be a better value at the top of the second, but are worth looking at in the bottom of the first.

It isn't his experience. It is his instincts, dedication and work ethic that are causing teams to pause. I think he could be there in the late-second round. He is purely a WLB too. Not very diverse. IMHO.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Sports science made Brockers look like a great pick. Req made Worthy look like a great pick. Not sure who it wil be but it's a decent year for DT talent over DB talent.

Agamemnon
04-25-2012, 12:48 AM
Sweet.

I guess since one of us will be gone by the beginning of next year, it doesn't really matter much about this bet.

I'll still go on record saying we will be neither top 5 in passing yards nor top 10 in scoring.

That's a much better bet than Manning being out of the NFL after next season (which is of course possible, but far from likely).

Just off the top of my head I can think of three teams that will definitely have more passiing yards than us: Saints, Patriots, and Packers. After that there is a list of teams that will probably surpass us without being certainties: Lions, Giants, and Chargers. With the adjustment time it will take for Manning and his new team to click, and the supposed intention of running more than the Colts did with Manning, I won't be surprised one bit if we are right around middle of league in passing yards honestly (3800 yards or so).

uplink
04-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Cecil Lammey ‏ <s>@</s>cecillammey (https://twitter.com/#%21/cecillammey)

just found out <s>#</s>packers (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23packers) 1st rd pick could be on the move, may approach <s>#</s>broncos (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23broncos) for 25th overall ...stay tuned! <s>#</s>nfldraft (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23nfldraft)

CEH
04-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Adam Schefter just said Denver has had multiple teams call about pick #25 so they have alot of options right now. My guess is they trade out of #25

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Adam Schefter just said Denver has had multiple teams call about pick #25 so they have alot of options right now. My guess is they trade out of #25

I hope so. The players early in the 2nd are pretty much as good as anything that's going to be available at #25, and we can probably get an early 3rd or maybe even a late 2nd out of it.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Cleveland wants back in to take Weeden

Agamemnon
04-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Cleveland wants back in to take Weeden

More power to them. Make the trade EFX!

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 03:24 PM

I wish the Eagles wanted our pick. Trading 25 for picks 46 and 51 would be sweet.

uplink
04-26-2012, 10:55 PM

I got it, I just thought they'd get more than a 4th round pick.