PDA

View Full Version : I had another draft dream.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Some of you guys remember I freaked out when I had a dream that we drafted some white player who I thought was a TE we didn't like. That ended up being Timothy Tebow. Last night I dreamt we got Lavonte David and Dontari Poe. Poe slid and we got him, we moved up to get David.

We will see what happens.

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Maybe you should pay the $50 next time rather than the $40 for your last batch of skunk weed?

LOL

DBroncos4life
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Some of you guys remember I freaked out when I had a dream that we drafted some white player who I thought was a TE we didn't like. That ended up being Timothy Tebow. Last night I dreamt we got Lavonte David and Dontari Poe. Poe slid and we got him, we moved up to get David.

Please be a prophet!

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
well this as good of a prediction as any... we shall see!

houghtam
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
In before deleted thread.

Oh wait, wrong guy.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Did you ever read Calvin and Hobbes? Did you ever read Calvin and Hobbes on weeeeeeed man?

pricejj
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
You woke up before the 3rd round?

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Completely possible.

The Mid-Late 2nd Round should be a haven for talented LBs. Zach Brown, Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David, and Bobby Wagner. If we're done with DJ, makes sense to me.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Maybe you should pay the $50 next time rather than the $40 for your last batch of skunk weed?

LOL

Never pay more than 30 homie. I had a dream 4 months before I moved to Colorado about a 7-11 gas station not being able to replace their gas lines because it was going to cost 3/4 of a million dollars.

First day in Winter Park, CO -- I go to a 7/11. Walked in on a conversation of two of the dudes working there saying they could buy a whole new store for the amount (750,000) it was going to cost to replace the gas **** there. Ask MightySmurf, he is in the Valley and knows they no longer pump gas there.

Doubt any of this happens, but I got up and started freaking out. David would be saucy, but I don't want Poe Poe.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Did you ever read Calvin and Hobbes? Did you ever read Calvin and Hobbes on weeeeeeed man?

Was reading Scientific Process Goes "Boink" last night before I started the last two movies of the Harry Potter series.

jhns
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
You need to get out more.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
You need to get out more.

Hey I asked you if you wanted to party and get high at a Broncos game and you didn't want to.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Completely possible.

The Mid-Late 2nd Round should be a haven for talented LBs. Zach Brown, Mychal Kendricks, Lavonte David, and Bobby Wagner. If we're done with DJ, makes sense to me.

i really hope we are done with DJ. i have never liked him. not even when he was originally drafted.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM
i really hope we are done with DJ. i have never liked him. not even when he was originally drafted.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get a WLB in this class. Even if we aren't done with DJ this year, his contract is up the 2013 season. I think now would be a great time to grab one of the dudes in this class (as MUG said -- with the value in the 2/3rd) and then have him ready to go afterwards.

Do you guys think DJ gets suspended this year or not? Either way, we aren't going into training camp with just him and Wesley as our WLB options. I like WWIII a lot, but I think we can do better for starting potential.

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
That Cal LBer is scary fast, he'll probably be gone by the time the Broncos pick comes in the first round...

Lestat
04-23-2012, 02:01 PM
i'll take that draft and smile.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
I'd be surprised if we didn't get a WLB in this class. Even if we aren't done with DJ this year, his contract is up the 2013 season. I think now would be a great time to grab one of the dudes in this class (as MUG said -- with the value in the 2/3rd) and then have him ready to go afterwards.

Do you guys think DJ gets suspended this year or not? Either way, we aren't going into training camp with just him and Wesley as our WLB options. I like WWIII a lot, but I think we can do better for starting potential.

I think the suspension probably holds up.

The interesting thing for me is what happens for those six games. Woodyard obviously fills in, but whom is the other LB in the nickel? We don't have Dawkins anymore, so a dime look probably wouldn't work on a 3rd and 5. If we go out there with Mays in the nickel, we're screwed.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Hey I asked you if you wanted to party and get high at a Broncos game and you didn't want to.

Ok now I definitely need to get out to Denver to see a game.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
That Cal LBer is scary fast, he'll probably be gone by the time the Broncos pick comes in the first round...

They're all that fast. Zach Brown and Bobby Wagner are probably even faster, and they're all about the same size. Kendricks is an elite blitzer though.

Lavonte David is the smaller/slower one, but he's phenominal in coverage and just an excellent player. He could slide though. Be real interesting to see if we could choose between he and Zach Brown, which one EFX would opt for. The athlete or the ball player?

DBroncos4life
04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
David will win the DROY. Bookmark this thread.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Ok now I definitely need to get out to Denver to see a game.

Hey man, if my high school friend whose parents have season tickets end up being holder's again for this season -- I'll do my best to get you a great deal on a ticket. Won't make you pay more than what I got them for. We got four endzone tickets for the Bears game and they were 70$ a pop when people were buying them for over 200$.

They have some tickets (4 more over to the left of where I am at in the picture below) that they sell for a little less too. Homies hook up homies. This offer is also extended to people on the site who aren't losers or douches.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/389914_802480630559_33804675_37209884_1291709218_n .jpg

Rohirrim
04-23-2012, 02:08 PM

The Palantir has spoken!
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3563561&postcount=29

jhns

I said I would. Blue then moved the thread to the butt because I talked about my nipples.

Tombstone RJ
They're all that fast. Zach Brown and Bobby Wagner are probably even faster, and they're all about the same size. Kendricks is an elite blitzer though.

Lavonte David is the smaller/slower one, but he's phenominal in coverage and just an excellent player. He could slide though. Be real interesting to see if we could choose between he and Zach Brown, which one EFX would opt for. The athlete or the ball player?

I'll take a LBer with excellent instincts over a guy who just has raw talent any day of the week!

houghtam
04-23-2012, 02:09 PM
In my 25 years as a Broncos fan, I've never seen a home game :(

Been to I believe 6 away games now, but I'd be thrilled to get out there sometime.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 02:13 PM
I said I would. Blue then moved the thread to the butt because I talked about my nipples.

Well dude, just let me know. I'm starting the job search again next Monday (moving into an apartment back up in ND this weekend) and I'm requesting the weekend off for the Saints game and perhaps another one so I can go to Denver and see friends and whatnot. Like I said with the tickets, if they re-up on those, I am going to snag them whether I can get there or not because I want friends and fans on this board to be able to go and have a great time. Their family hardly gets out there and my buddy is on the road so much for his job that they just sell their season tickets to other friends and family. And you guys are extended family for sure.

MacGruder is not eligible for this promotion.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

Been to I believe 6 away games now, but I'd be thrilled to get out there sometime.

You will man -- and like I said, if they re-up you can have an affordable opportunity with me. Endzone seats for 70$ is a steal. I'm sure they will do the deal again with me if they re-up, I just don't know if they have. I will never forget having that game winner kicked through those uprights in that picture above me. Spilling beer, hugging people I didn't know. High fives with the elderly. Just great times. As I was leaving the stadium I ran into a bunch of posters from another forum and it was just EXCITEMENT.

:yayaya:

Chris
04-23-2012, 04:05 PM

I've been to one in 96... and it was preseason (I was 11). I spent most of my time looking at the cheerleaders. This was right before the hardcore fandom kicked in (most of my CO based relatives gave up in the late 80s sadly but my dad never did).

Anyways I keep having draft dreams but they are the ESPN feed with the Count from sesame street instead of Mel Kiper.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I posted this last year:

Last night I was going over my investment portfolio with Warren Buffet on his private island in Hawaii.... after a round of golf with Tiger Woods, we took a yacht to Honolulu, where Barack Obama's sister told me that Barry (as Warren and I call him) was going to mandate that the Broncos take Patrick Peterson in the draft... I just about spilled all the foie gras and Dom Perignon all over the table.

The funny thing was I was dressed up in tweed and living in Charles Dickens' England. Somehow I had won a night with Scarlett Johansson. When I got back to London, I looked at Winston Churchill and said, "please, sir, I want some more."

Then I woke up.

Chris
04-23-2012, 04:14 PM
I posted this last year:

Amazing. I love this except mine would be shortened to smothering foie gras and bacon over the french chick from Mad Men that then melts into her navel.

:yayaya:

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM

i would explode with joy if this happened.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 06:54 PM
I've been to one in 96... and it was preseason (I was 11). I spent most of my time looking at the cheerleaders. This was right before the hardcore fandom kicked in (most of my CO based relatives gave up in the late 80s sadly but my dad never did).

Anyways I keep having draft dreams but they are the ESPN feed with the Count from sesame street instead of Mel Kiper.

i would watch the Count and be happier with his breakdowns and analysis more than i have ever been with Kiper.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 06:57 PM

Fox likes guys who can play. Elway seemingly likes the athletes or physical specimens. and Xanders is out getting the men pizza and beer and has no say in the matter. so i would wager that Elway lets Fox get the guy he prefers. So David would be the pick between the 2

Anikai
04-23-2012, 09:23 PM
I had a dream Dumervil sold me a bootleg Tupac hologram jersey card in spain. Elway drove from new york in an orange silverado to pick up the ailens. Obviously means we will trade up in 4th to get Tank Carder.

Requiem
04-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Mayock has Poe going to us. . . oh yeah. :)

Bmore Manning
04-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I hope this comes to fruition. In really feeling Lavonte David!

Requiem
04-25-2012, 02:31 PM
I hope this comes to fruition. In really feeling Lavonte David!

It probably won't, it is just funny that I always spend so much time on the draft that I dream about it. I'd love to have David on the team. I hate the Fuskers, but that dude just plays. Instincts, coverage, just all over the field making plays. I would slobber at the prospect of him learning under Jack Del Rio.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 02:35 PM
It probably won't, it is just funny that I always spend so much time on the draft that I dream about it. I'd love to have David on the team. I hate the Fuskers, but that dude just plays. Instincts, coverage, just all over the field making plays. I would slobber at the prospect of him learning under Jack Del Rio.

He is a huge game changer. I think he would have the same impact on the LBs as Miller.

Requiem
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM
He is a huge game changer. I think he would have the same impact on the LBs as Miller.

I know you like him, so I hope we can have a shot at him. I'd be all for it!

Bmore Manning
04-25-2012, 02:36 PM

I agree, he can flat out play, everyone likes spence but I like David in 2, Bradham 3-4, or Danny Trevathan 5-6. Maybe Demario Davis but the other three are great in coverage and NFL ready.
But I think if we get any type of players like your dream big DT and LBer or some type of connection you may have a gift.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 02:47 PM
I know you like him, so I hope we can have a shot at him. I'd be all for it!

He's the only Husker I really want this year and if we draft him I will never ask for another one. :P

Smiling Assassin27
04-25-2012, 02:57 PM
See, had your dream been taking a time traveling landspeeder back in time to draft Ed Reed, you'd have had something.

HILife
04-25-2012, 03:00 PM

What a horrible nightmare. I OLB we don't need and a workout warrior.

broncosteven
04-25-2012, 03:29 PM
I had a dream Dumervil sold me a bootleg Tupac hologram jersey card in spain. Elway drove from new york in an orange silverado to pick up the ailens. Obviously means we will trade up in 4th to get Tank Carder.

The NFL has never seen a Punt Protector like the Jets have. Having that awesome of a ST'er will surely tear apart the fabric of space/time!

That said I had a dream we jumped up to the Browns 22nd pick and grabbed a CB.

gunns
04-25-2012, 06:35 PM

You invited him?

What about me???

Requiem
04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
I didn't know you were down, Gunns! Sheesh! I guess this season I have a lot of invites to make!

underrated29
04-25-2012, 08:20 PM
I didn't know you were down, Gunns! Sheesh! I guess this season I have a lot of invites to make!

Don't forget me. Im the soul brotha numba 1.

Houshyamama
04-26-2012, 01:04 AM
I had a dream we traded up to #6 to take Brock Osweiller. That would be awesome.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 01:29 AM
I had a dream we traded up to #6 to take Brock Osweiller. That would be awesome..

UberBroncoMan
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I hear we're trading our draft to get Jay Cutler so he can learn under Manning a few years.