PDA

View Full Version : Saints Spying On Opposing Teams

Lestat
04-23-2012, 12:57 PM
So in addition to the bounty system the saints GM apparently had a listening device that allowed them to listen in on opposing teams coaches and their play calling during home games.

ESPN is just finding everything they can on the saints.

Saints GM eavesdropping (http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/7846290/new-orleans-saints-mickey-loomis-eavesdrop-opposing-coaches-home-games)

Rabb
04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
ESPN didn't find that, but wow

DBroncos4life
Ha ha Bunkley!!!!

peacepipe
if we thought the punishment NE was bad wait til penalty comes down on the saints.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
i know it's the first three years of his career, but you add in this + the bounty scandal. something tells me he won't be having his job long if enough noise gets made.

TheReverend
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Oh lawd New Orleans...

cousinal11
04-23-2012, 01:05 PM
So when are they going to wake the hell up and get some good press by signing Brees to an extension?

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
This is sad.

snowspot66
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Somebody take away their guns. They've already shot both feet. Who knows what they'll do next.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I hope they enjoyed their SB win.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Ladies and Gentleman, your 2013 Los Angeles Saints!

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
wow, some guys are never going to coach again and if they want to keep Brees they are going to have to set a record on his new contract.

Shananahan
04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
None of this stuff belongs in the hands of the justice department or any other federal organization.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 01:16 PM
None of this stuff belongs in the hands of the justice department or any other federal organization.

It absolutely does, if the NFL still wants antitrust exemption.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Here comes a second Katrina. Losers.

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 01:19 PM
I hope they enjoyed their SB win.

Looks like the guy they met at the crossroads for that win has come a calling for his payment in full.

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM

we need some boatloader dude photoshoped in with the Saints staff.

Taco John
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM

Agreed.

Gort
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Looks like the guy they met at the crossroads for that win has come a calling for his payment in full.

John Lee Hooker says, "I see what you did there."

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
John Lee Hooker says, "I see what you did there."

I was thinking more Robert Johnson but glad you got it.

Now I got to re-watch Crossroads again.

bfoflcommish
04-23-2012, 01:26 PM
couldnt happen to a better fan base. Damn they were some obnoxious losers when winning. Now they can go back to thier paperbags and not being seen or heard.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM

Just like Robert Johnson

Stagger Lee
04-23-2012, 01:36 PM
What the hell is going on in the bayou?

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
this type of stuff is gonna be hard to prove... it's gonna be one person's word against another as there is no smoking gun aka video tapes.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
And I just thought the saints sucked on the road because they weren't in a dome.

ludo21
04-23-2012, 01:41 PM

what the hell is wrong with you?

Stagger Lee
04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
After hearing this news, I'm thinking they should bring in McDaniels as their interim this year.

Requiem
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
what the hell is wrong with you?

Apparently you take the internet too seriously. Light up a blunt and listen to Manfred Mann's Earth Band you stuck up bizzo.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 01:56 PM

agreed. the government has enough **** on it's plate without adding needless **** to it.

poverty, economy, unemployment, illness, education, but wait the Saints are cheating, let's drop everything else and focus on that.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:57 PM
the stink on this is gonna tower over them unless they win another SB. but it will still be in question.

one thing is certain though. Drew Brees is getting a blank check and given a pen to fill it out. cause they can't be dumb enough to have this much bad pub and still not pay Brees.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
agreed. the government has enough **** on it's plate without adding needless **** to it.

poverty, economy, unemployment, illness, education, but wait the Saints are cheating, let's drop everything else and focus on that.

they seem to be really good at dropping important stuff for petty BS that local government or the sports governing body can solve.

look at the Mitchell report, the attempted look at the BCS & even Wrestling back when the WWE was under the microscope and steroids were at the forefront of their(congress) concerns.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 02:04 PM
they seem to be really good at dropping important stuff for petty BS that local government or the sports governing body can solve.

look at the Mitchell report, the attempted look at the BCS & even Wrestling back when the WWE was under the microscope and steroids were at the forefront of their(congress) concerns.

god i know. it is nothing but a publicity stunt to take minds of the people off of real issues yet is works every time.

for months on end, idiotic people watch the reports and forget that the nation is in the ****ter because a sport they watch is under investigation by federal courts when it can be handled by the league or at the worst smaller local governments.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 02:05 PM
god i know. it is nothing but a publicity stunt to take minds of the people off of real issues yet is works every time.

for months on end, idiotic people watch the reports and forget that the nation is in the ****ter because a sport they watch is under investigation by federal courts when it can be handled by the league or at the worst smaller local governments.

Do you guys not know what antitrust exemption is?

Complain all you want, but the government has every right to investigate as long as the NFL wants to remain the NFL we know and love.

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Congress: No need for a budget, let's figure out what the hell is going on with the New Orleans Saints!!

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 02:11 PM
the stink on this is gonna tower over them unless they win another SB. but it will still be in question.

one thing is certain though. Drew Brees is getting a blank check and given a pen to fill it out. cause they can't be dumb enough to have this much bad pub and still not pay Brees.

well you gotta figure Brees agent is going to say, "he is almost 4 years younger than Manning without any questions on my health. he has put together one of if not the greatest ever 6 year stretch for a QB, won a Super Bowl is coming off one of the greatest statistical seasons in NFL history. you need him more than he needs you."

no way Brees signs for less than 25million a season. Manning got 5 years and 96 million. Brees is probably going to get 5 years and 125million with probably 70million guaranteed. and if it doesn't come from the Saints there are a lot of teams willing to back up the Brinks truck for him.

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

Complain all you want, but the government has every right to investigate as long as the NFL wants to remain the NFL we know and love.

they have the right to investigate, yes. but, they don't absolutely need to do it, when it isn't a pressing need for the country. the league can handle it, a smaller local court can handle it. it is just a case of the government spending an assload of cash on something that benefits nothing.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 02:15 PM

we're aware of what it is and that severe issues with operations of a sport and failure by the sanctioning/governing body to act in a manner deemed appropriate by the federal government can lead to that exemption coming under further review and could have it stripped.

but they still have much more important issues to address and the NFL can handle the damn saints.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 02:17 PM
well you gotta figure Brees agent is going to say, "he is almost 4 years younger than Manning without any questions on my health. he has put together one of if not the greatest ever 6 year stretch for a QB, won a Super Bowl is coming off one of the greatest statistical seasons in NFL history. you need him more than he needs you."

no way Brees signs for less than 25million a season. Manning got 5 years and 96 million. Brees is probably going to get 5 years and 125million with probably 70million guaranteed. and if it doesn't come from the Saints there are a lot of teams willing to back up the Brinks truck for him.

either the Saints are gonna sign him soon or he signs the tender but doesn't allow the saints to use it on him again. either way they'll have to pay him like a mad man.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
we're aware of what it is and that severe issues with operations of a sport and failure by the sanctioning/governing body to act in a manner deemed appropriate by the federal government can lead to that exemption coming under further review and could have it stripped.

but they still have much more important issues to address and the NFL can handle the damn saints.

I don't think it's a matter of whether the NFL can handle it. In fact, I would imagine the government is getting involved because a member of their cartel did something that disrupted the competitive balance of the game, which, after the Spygate scandal and now Bountygate and soon-to-be Spygate II (Electric Boogaloo), shows that the NFL may not be handling it, at least to their satisfaction.

I'd be willing to bet that there are plenty of people advising the NFL heads-of-state that they'd better throw the book at the Saints, if for no other reason than to avoid larger fallout from the government.

Mogulseeker
04-23-2012, 02:41 PM
It absolutely does, if the NFL still wants antitrust exemption.

Exactly.

Kaylore
04-23-2012, 02:45 PM
Apparently it didn't really help. They had this from 2002-2004 seasons and sucked that whole time.

Bigdawg26
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
Apparently it didn't really help. They had this from 2002-2004 seasons and sucked that whole time.

Right! This doesn't make any sense because why the hell would a GM spy on the opposing team. He's the freakin GM! He doesn't even have a headset! Besides, that team sucked! That was way before the Drew Brees and Sean Payton era.

vancejohnson82
04-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Right! This doesn't make any sense because why the hell would a GM spy on the opposing team. He's the freakin GM! He doesn't even have a headset! Besides, that team sucked! That was way before the Drew Brees and Sean Payton era.

ehhh, 9-7...8-8 and then 8-8 is not too bad

kinda like our Shanny teams...

Broncos dude
04-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Cmon man

JimmyFocus
04-23-2012, 03:08 PM
ehhh, 9-7...8-8 and then 8-8 is not too bad

kinda like our Shanny teams...

and the year after they got rid of it. 3-13 . hmmmm.... makes you wonder

Bigdawg26
04-23-2012, 03:12 PM

Well in all fairness that was the Hurricane Katrina year!

Arkie
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Well in all fairness that was the Hurricane Katrina year!

Yeah, they had no choice unless they wanted to install their listening devices at Tiger Stadium and the Alamodome.

oubronco
04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
I thought McDipshyt was on the Rams coaching staff last year
<!-- / message -->

delany
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM

I bet these jokes go over well when you talk to your loser Dakota neighbors like this after a flood.

Chris
04-23-2012, 03:58 PM
Somebody take away their guns. They've already shot both feet. Who knows what they'll do next.

Sign Plaxico.

Chris
04-23-2012, 03:59 PM

Speaking of wonder, is the Winnie from the Wonder Years?

Requiem
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Winnie Cooper. <3

BroncoMan4ever
04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Speaking of wonder, is the Winnie from the Wonder Years?

Winnie Cooper, my first crush. the only reason I ever watched The Wonder Years.

ClamChowdah
04-23-2012, 09:14 PM
If you aint cheatin', you aint tryin'.

broncolife
04-23-2012, 10:57 PM
Winnie Cooper, my first crush. the only reason I ever watched The Wonder Years.

I remember having a crush on her in that show.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
I remember having a crush on her in that show.

I don't think there's a single straight American male who grew up during the 80s that didn't want to bend her over a barrel and show her the 50 states. Or, you know, hold hands, depending on your age.