PDA

View Full Version : New York Times article: Trevor Pryce secure, bored in retirement

BroncoInferno
04-22-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/sports/football/jets-trevor-pryce-is-retired-and-getting-tired-of-it.html?_r=1

lonestar
04-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Fourteen years on the defensive line was long enough. I lasted about 13 more than I thought I would, so I was content. Was I sad? A little. Was I elated and relieved? A lot.

lonestar
04-22-2012, 12:06 PM
as for some moron wanting him back,, lets not go there..

Kaylore
04-22-2012, 12:12 PM
I love this quote about the rookie symposium.

Three days of meetings pretty much consisted of the same two messages: use a condom and save your money.

THANK YOU!

R8R H8R
04-22-2012, 12:13 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/22/sports/football/jets-trevor-pryce-is-retired-and-getting-tired-of-it.html?_r=1

Actually, a very good article written by Pryce. It's obvious he would consider coming back, not sure if he has anything left in the tank though. Good luck to him, I always wished he would have stayed and retired a Bronco.

Lestat
04-22-2012, 12:16 PM
so... why doesn't he just become an analyst? i know it's not the same drive as football but the structure and demand is roughly the same in terms of prep time and etc.

Lestat
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM

THANK YOU!

the strongest message is also the two most ignored things for football players. Hilarious!

R8R H8R
04-22-2012, 12:17 PM

THANK YOU!

If Cox had heeded the first part of that advice, he would never had stood trial, and he would still be a Bronco. But apparently, he had other things to do when they were talking about condoms at the symposium.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-22-2012, 12:22 PM
He's so well spoken. Almost uppity.

extralife
04-22-2012, 01:11 PM

did you really just do that

broncocalijohn
04-22-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Three days of meetings pretty much consisted of the same two messages: use a condom and save your money.

Cromartie now asks, " I don't understand English". One player I hated to see leave the Broncos. Shanny had other ideas but he had an important part of the D that was already here and thought otherwise. Funny how we bitch for years without having a solid front line. Browncos looking really good right now.

R8R H8R
04-22-2012, 01:31 PM

:stirstir:

rbackfactory80
04-22-2012, 01:35 PM
What's his handle on the Mane.

UberBroncoMan
04-22-2012, 01:37 PM
TL ; DR

He's getting tired feet in retirement life and is waiting for Rex to call him. Nothing to see here.

bombay
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
He'd be a good analyst. Probably just a matter of time.

Bronco Rob
04-22-2012, 02:22 PM

THANK YOU!

Winner winner chicken dinner!

:~ohyah!:

gyldenlove
04-22-2012, 02:34 PM

THANK YOU!

I think to hammer home the message they should hold a lottery at the rookie symposium - the first 10 people selected have to donate half of all the money and jewelry they have on them to a womens shelter, the next 50 have to give up their car keys and any championship rings they have.

To show them how it feels when your baby-mama takes half your **** and the creditors take the rest.

DBroncos4life
04-22-2012, 03:08 PM
Can he play cornerback?

Endy
04-22-2012, 03:36 PM
If Cox had heeded the first part of that advice, he would never had stood trial, and he would still be a Bronco. But apparently, he had other things to do when they were talking about condoms at the symposium.

Did you just imply that you wish he would've gotten away with rape so he could still play in the Broncos secondary? I hope that's not what you meant.

errand
04-22-2012, 05:18 PM

"Use a condom and save your money"

THANK YOU!

Next to "Son, fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life" you can't give any young NFL player better advice

errand
04-22-2012, 05:20 PM
He'd be a good analyst. Probably just a matter of time.

i thought Trevor was going to try and become a music producer or something like that?

Chris
04-22-2012, 05:34 PM
i thought Trevor was going to try and become a music producer or something like that?

Television shows (creating, producing).

NYBronc
04-22-2012, 06:39 PM

He had a label called Outlook Music. 33 Hz and Roman Candle used to be on it.

http://www.last.fm/label/Outlook+Music

errand
04-22-2012, 07:20 PM
He had a label called Outlook Music. 33 Hz and Roman Candle used to be on it.

http://www.last.fm/label/Outlook+Music

I'm sure he will spend more time doing this then.......

extralife
04-22-2012, 07:24 PM
dude wrote a novel. for normal people, that's staying busy. trevor was always a cool guy.

Bacchus
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Can he play cornerback?

No, but he was a pretty good DT.

Bacchus
04-22-2012, 09:59 PM
During the six-month off-seasons, I pretty much educated myself, dabbling in music, Hollywood, journalism, real estate and everything in between, with varying degrees of success. I was able to do a lot in so little time. Now that I have all the time in the world, it’s amazing how little I accomplish every day. Sometimes, that’s a good thing. Most times not.

I remember when he was with Denver and he was so smart, soft spoken and had his music thing going I figured he did not have the drive to have a long career. I saw him getting lazy and then quitting. I was wrong. He had a great career and is one of the best DTs Denver has ever had.

DBroncos4life
04-22-2012, 10:00 PM
No, but he was a pretty good DT.

I know what he played lol just joking about our teams desire for CBs. He hasn't played DT in years though. I never agreed with Shanny moving him to the outside. Seemed like a waste.

Bacchus
04-22-2012, 10:06 PM
I know what he played lol just joking about our teams desire for CBs. He hasn't played DT in years though. I never agreed with Shanny moving him to the outside. Seemed like a waste.

I figured you did, I was just pointing out that he played DT, Denver needs a DT..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:yayaya:

DBroncos4life
04-22-2012, 10:09 PM
I figured you did, I was just pointing out that he played DT, Denver needs a DT..... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm:yayaya:

He would be worth a look. Plus I would get to read people complaining another old retread.

Jetmeck
04-22-2012, 10:23 PM
I remember when he was with Denver and he was so smart, soft spoken and had his music thing going I figured he did not have the drive to have a long career. I saw him getting lazy and then quitting. I was wrong. He had a great career and is one of the best DTs Denver has ever had.

Good guy aND all but he only played hard at times. When motivated in his prime he was hard to stop but when he was here those times were few and far between.................

Remember his rookie year we won the super bowl.....clip of him at the end of the game saying.....we won or we win over and over in this almost girly voice..........lol

That One Guy
04-22-2012, 10:48 PM
TL ; DR

He's getting tired feet in retirement life and is waiting for Rex to call him. Nothing to see here.

That was more a joke of a shell of the article than the premise. Really, it was about him saying he's trying to figure out what to do now.

I left the army with a wife and kid and went back to school so I kind of have a similar outlook. My studies might take a couple hours a day, the military moved me out of my social circles so having those longtime friends to burn time with doesn't happen anymore... It was a good read if you think about it overall. It also falls into my fear of winning the lottery as I think the idea of a person without goals is quite scary. He's writing a book so he's obviously doing more than he says but just imagine if you woke up tomorrow with all you ever needed. Eventually you'd get bored and then what?

Shananahan
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
my fear of winning the lottery
First world problems.

That One Guy
04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
First world problems.

LOL

Probably one I won't face so it's ok.

For the record, I also fear whether I'd be able to say no if a bunch of playboy bunnies walked in while I was spanking it in the shower and offered to finish for me.

Gort
04-23-2012, 04:34 AM
He would be worth a look. Plus I would get to read people complaining another old retread.

you want a 37-year old DT?

are you nuts? oh, that's right, you are. nevermind.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2012, 08:15 AM
but just imagine if you woke up tomorrow with all you ever needed. Eventually you'd get bored and then what?

If I didn't have kids, I'd become Billy Madison and would be just fine with it.

There's always SOMETHING to do, especially if you're a sports fan. When I wasn't passed out in a pool or lake somewhere warm, I'd have season tickets to my favorite teams in every sport and follow them on some road trips to mix things up.

broncosteven
04-23-2012, 11:57 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KujNNicU6Is

It doesn't get racist until the 1:34 mark

Bix Rocks in one of the better Paul Whiteman arrangements.