PDA

View Full Version : Dennard Throws Millions in the Toilet

TheReverend
04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/21/draft-prospect-alfonzo-dennard-arrested-for-assaulting-a-police-officer/

2-3 round plummet, imo.

Dennard just became a nice pick up with one of our 4ths though

oubronco
04-21-2012, 09:33 AM
What a idiot, you punch a cop in the face the week leading up to the draft

TheReverend
04-21-2012, 09:36 AM
What a idiot, you punch a cop in the face the week leading up to the draft

This one.

+

Fighting with Alshon and getting ejected.

+

Competing with Vontaze in a who can run the slowest 40 ever contest.

=

Yikes.

DarkHorse
04-21-2012, 09:46 AM
I know they're young and all, I get it believe me we were all that age at one time or another.

However, wtf is going thru their minds? Why are you putting yourself into that bad situation by going to a freaking bar right before the biggest (possibly) payday of your life? You have the chance to really set the foundation for your future and you piss it away because you feel the need to hang out in a bar getting hammered with your buddies.

Find another way to have a good time that doesn't put yourself in ****ed up situations.

I just don't get people sometimes, doesn't anyone look at the big picture and make reasonable decisions anymore?

hades
04-21-2012, 10:07 AM
He'll still make zillions of $$$ in the NFL, and file bankruptcy 1 or 2 years after he retires.

Kid A
04-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Jesus. Seemed like a smart player all his time at NU, but then had that WTF fight/ejection in the bowl game with SC. Now this. Guy has a knack for bad decisions at the absolute worst time, I guess.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Roids + vodka = rage

Br0nc0Buster
04-21-2012, 10:33 AM
enjoy playing for Cincinnati

bowtown
04-21-2012, 10:34 AM
If I went to school in Lincoln Nebraska, I'd want to punch someone in the face too.

gyldenlove
04-21-2012, 10:39 AM
He is looking strictly like a zone nickel corner, he has good instincts but his speed is not there and he is clearly a moron in every sense of the word.

brncs_fan
04-21-2012, 10:45 AM
Dumb people do dumb things.

milehighJC
04-21-2012, 10:47 AM
I know they're young and all, I get it believe me we were all that age at one time or another.

However, wtf is going thru their minds? Why are you putting yourself into that bad situation by going to a freaking bar right before the biggest (possibly) payday of your life? You have the chance to really set the foundation for your future and you piss it away because you feel the need to hang out in a bar getting hammered with your buddies.

Find another way to have a good time that doesn't put yourself in ****ed up situations.

I just don't get people sometimes, doesn't anyone look at the big picture and make reasonable decisions anymore?

For the purpose of my comment, "THEY" means highly talented athletes that have had run ins with authority and/or the law.

I dont think its a question of them not considering the big picture, its that they genuinely believe they are above the rules of society. And why would they NOT believe that... many of our most talented athletes have proven over and over that society will overlook their transgressions as long as they perform on the field. Others will cover up problems, fix grades, look the other way, whatever it takes to keep them on the field. When there are no consequences for bad behavior, why NOT just do what you want?

Ive seen it over and over even at the High School level. Kid gets a felony bust and sits for one game. Look at the kids at Ohio State (BTW, Im a Buckeyes fan). In the middle of a NCAA rule violation sh*t storm, they are getting fancy cars, and getting paid by boosters. Brandon Marshall gets in trouble with the law, then instead of learning from it, goes out and gets in trouble again.

I dont think these kids STARTED out bad, but society keeps proving to them that they can do whatever they want, and there are no (or small) consequences. And then we wonder why they keep getting in trouble. So maybe he doesnt go in the second round... but he will play in the NFL, and assuming he can play, he will still land a fat contract eventually.

For what its worth, I got into my share of trouble as a kid, I did suffer the consequences, and learned from it. Thank &diety.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-21-2012, 10:49 AM
Either Dennard was chugging syrup, or the bar doesn't serve liter o'cola. Either way it was totally understandable.

theAPAOps5
04-21-2012, 10:53 AM
If I went to school in Lincoln Nebraska, I'd want to punch someone in the face too.

This! Lock it up

Stuck in Cali
04-21-2012, 11:05 AM
Remember a comedian saying this once...........You can't fix stupid.

oubronco
04-21-2012, 11:10 AM

Maybe he met jhns and couldn't take his babbling bullshyt

razorwire77
04-21-2012, 11:17 AM
The "N" on the helmet is for knowledge.

Dexter
04-21-2012, 11:28 AM
HELLO UNDRAFTED STATUS

McDman
04-21-2012, 12:02 PM
C'mon, guys. Lay off. Who hasn't punched a cop in the face at one point in their life.

dsmoot
04-21-2012, 12:48 PM
enjoy playing for Cincinnati

Cincinnati???

Greasy Al is trying to communicate to Raiders brass!!!

TheReverend
04-21-2012, 01:09 PM
Cincinnati???

Greasy Al is trying to communicate to Raiders brass!!!

Dennard's way too slow for Oakland

Mogulseeker
04-21-2012, 01:44 PM
He'll still make zillions of $$$ in the NFL, and file bankruptcy 1 or 2 years after he retires.

I don't even know about that. This kinda thing effs up a players career. Maybe someone would take a second-day risk on the guy, but I think he's undraftable.

ColoradoDarin
04-21-2012, 02:08 PM
New nickname?

Missile Command
Centipede
Asteroids
Joust

Joust!

bombay
04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
He's no Christian Peter.

Requiem
04-21-2012, 03:15 PM
Haha, what a loser.

TheReverend
04-21-2012, 03:19 PM
New nickname?

Missile Command
Centipede
Asteroids
Joust

Joust!

Street Fighter 8')

Requiem
04-21-2012, 03:22 PM
How about Dennard just sucks. Even most reasonable Fusker fans know the dude has about as much worth as a warmed up turd in a loaf of bread.

KipCorrington25
04-21-2012, 03:27 PM
McDaniels would trade next year's first for a second to grab this guy. I know that is a bit ridiculous because nobody is stupid enough to ever trade a first for a second but it sounded funny.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't even know about that. This kinda thing effs up a players career. Maybe someone would take a second-day risk on the guy, but I think he's undraftable.

You do realize the "2nd day" is the 2nd round of the draft, don't you?

lonestar
04-21-2012, 04:25 PM

Wonder what his wonderlic was?

Lets hope he does not come to us in the draft, as being this dumb on top of the other things he has done tells me he will ot make it in a highly disciplined NFL team and being on the same team as Manning, that is asking for problems..

Lestat
04-21-2012, 06:42 PM
he'll fall to the 3rd or 4th but some team will take him. he's a physical CB with potential.
too much value to pass up beyond the 4th.