PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else listening to these idiots on 104.3 the fan right now?

Dexter
04-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Let me preface this by saying I like listening to Drew Goodman and Scott Hastings, but good lord DMAC and Alfred Williams are idiots.

Both DMAC and Alfred are making the case for Brandon Weeden at #25. One person called and said that "Weededn is too old" and got shut down pretty fast because he couldn't name a specific player he wanted at #25.

Personally I don't give a **** what player we end up with as long as its BPA not being QB.

These guys mean to tell me we just picked up Peyton f'ng Manning and we're going to blow our first round pick on a QB to ride on the bench for potentially 3-5 years?

I want an impact player NOW. I wouldn't be a fan of a QB in round two either, but I wouldn't be entirely upset. It would be different if this team had no glaring holes, but surely we can find a GOOD player to help us THIS season.

Oh by the way, alfred also thinks that outside of Cox and Thompson, all the other DT's in this draft class are trash.

I respect what this guy has done for CU and the Broncos, but good lord he just spews bull**** on the radio.

Edit: Oh yeah, Alfred Also seems to think Kellen Moore is worthy of a 2nd round pick HAHAHAH YEAH OK.Hilarious!Hilarious!

Lycan
04-20-2012, 03:37 PM
He would be 30+ when he get's his shot. No thanks.

The only thing he has going for him over other guys is his pro-readiness, and that doesn't help us unless Manning goes down.

In which case we are screwed anyways.

Ziggy
04-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Alfred Williams is joke. He has no skill what so ever in evaluating NFL talent. He was riding Jarvis Moss's jock for 3 years. Last year, he was all over Orton and how much better the Broncos were with him at starting QB. I loved him as a player, but he's horrible as an analyst.

McDman
04-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I like Alfred's football stories but he is the best example of why most players would fail in a FO job. He is constantly loving on mediocre players.

He said recently Joe Mays is a fantastic Mike.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Manning has already said to the Colts that first round picks should play. Why would we do anything that he wouldn't like.

Gerry Mandering
04-20-2012, 03:43 PM
I haven't heard Goodman on sports talk radio, but he is by far the worst TV play-by-by play baseball announcer of all 30 teams.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Big Al also thinks Mike Martin is a 6'5" white guy who would miss tackling an RB if he was standing right in front of him.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I haven't heard Goodman on sports talk radio, but he is by far the worst TV play-by-by play baseball announcer of all 30 teams.

I don't follow baseball closely, but whenever I have a Rockies game on, he doesn't seem to bother me.

But I really wouldn't know the difference between a bad baseball announcer and good announcer.

I think he's generally pretty open minded and has good ideas when talking Broncos though.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
Big Al also thinks Mike Martin is a 6'5" white guy who would miss tackling an RB if he was standing right in front of him.

I almost feel like making a thread dedicated to the stupid **** Williams says or has said.

Gcver2ver3
04-20-2012, 03:50 PM
I almost feel like making a thread dedicated to the stupid **** Williams says or has said.

i'm in...

alfred williams said that the 2011 broncos would go 11-5 with kyle orton as the starting quarterback...

enjolras
04-20-2012, 03:51 PM
I do think Kellen Moore has the chance (in the right situation) to be really good.

Gcver2ver3
04-20-2012, 03:54 PM
I do think Kellen Moore has the chance (in the right situation) to be really good.

but a 2nd rd pick?...

some teams don't even have moore on their draft boards at all...

pricejj
04-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Not even worth it. I like Big Al, I think he's a cool dude...he is just kind of racist sometimes. Plus, what happened to Lamar Miller? He has been on the Lamar Miller train for a while now...

The good part about Big Al, is that he is all Colorado all the time. He came from Houston, and is a good spokesman for the Broncos and Buffs. Sometimes I get frustrated because I think guys from the south might not want to come play here, because of the weather, or diversity. Big Al is a good spokesman in that regard...at least Big Al knows about Defensive Lineman.

They really need to get Nalen on there more.

enjolras
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM
but a 2nd rd pick?...

some teams don't even have moore on their draft boards at all...

I'd be stoked if he was a Bronco in the 4th or 5th to be honest.

enjolras
04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
The good part about Big Al, is that he is all Colorado all the time. He came from Houston, and is a good spokesman for the Broncos and Buffs. Sometimes I get frustrated because I think guys from the south might not want to come play here, because of the weather, or diversity. Mike Evans and Dmac don't have any ties to CO, so their perspective is lacking sometimes.

I do listen when he talks defensive linemen. I think alot of the rest is just schtick. He REALLY understands the defensive line. Listening to him talk about Fairley and Dareus last year was pretty eye opening.

Gcver2ver3
04-20-2012, 03:59 PM
I'd be stoked if he was a Bronco in the 4th or 5th to be honest.

4th rd pick, i'd be furious...

5th rd pick, i'd be slightly annoyed...

6th rd pick, eh why not...

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:02 PM
I do listen when he talks defensive linemen. I think alot of the rest is just schtick. He REALLY understands the defensive line. Listening to him talk about Fairley and Dareus last year was pretty eye opening.

Yeah, and him talking about this years class...

He really likes Brandon Thompson, and dislikes Jerel Worthy. He's right, because Thompson is really strong...and Worthy is kind of just a fat boy. He also says Brockers is nothing special, right about that too.

Hopefully Elway listens to Big Al and Nalen, because they have a lot of good insight on the line play.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Not even worth it. I like Big Al, I think he's a cool dude...he is just kind of racist sometimes. Plus, what happened to Lamar Miller? He has been on the Lamar Miller train for a while now...

The good part about Big Al, is that he is all Colorado all the time. He came from Houston, and is a good spokesman for the Broncos and Buffs. Sometimes I get frustrated because I think guys from the south might not want to come play here, because of the weather, or diversity. Big Al is a good spokesman in that regard...at least Big Al knows about Defensive Lineman.

They really need to get Nalen on there more.

He's still on the Lamar Miller bandwagon, which is fine. I don't like Miller at #25 because I think he's really overrated, and I think Doug Martin and David Wilson are far superior running backs. So obviously we have different opinions on that.

But this Weeden talk is just down right stupid. This is how he just broke stuff down

Lamar Miller > Weeden
Cox > Weeden
Weeden > Brockers/ other Dt's
Weeden > Stephen Hill

I just don't get it. He gave an interesting perspective on Brockers being overrated, and I kinda understood what he was saying. But why you want to blow a first rounder on a QB that is going to ride the bench for 3-5 years is just mind blowing to me. Also like someone else said, talk about pissing Manning off. Get us help at WR, RB, OL, DL, S, LB, CB (Probably not TE but I guess I wouldn't be pissed.) JUST DON'T WASTE A 1st ROUNDER THIS YEAR ON A QB

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
He's still on the Lamar Miller bandwagon, which is fine. I don't like Miller at #25 because I think he's really overrated, and I think Doug Martin and David Wilson are far superior running backs.

But this Weeden talk is stupid. This is how he just broke stuff down

Lamar Miller > Weeden
Cox > Weeden
Weeden > Brockers/ other Dt's
Weeden > Stephen Hill

David Wilson fumbles a bunch...

Yeah sounds like he's getting carried away...for some reason he thinks Lamar Miller will be picked before the Broncos pick, which ain't gonna happen. He would be really good radio guy if he did as much research as we all do here.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Hopefully Elway listens to Big Al and Nalen, because they have a lot of good insight on the line play.

You gotta be joking right? Do you have rocks in your head?

Elway is going to listen to our scouts. Period. Their voices influence decisions. Outsiders have no say.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
David Wilson fumbles a bunch...

Yeah sounds like he's getting carried away...for some reason he thinks Lamar Miller will be picked before the Broncos pick, which ain't gonna happen. He would be really good radio guy if he did as much research as we all do here.

Something I feel like can be fixed. I'm not a huge fan of a RB at #25, wouldn't be mad, but wouldn't be too excited. I'd take Stephen hill over any RB at #25 if he's there.

Bmore Manning
04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, and him talking about this years class...

He really likes Brandon Thompson, and dislikes Jerel Worthy. He's right, because Thompson is really strong...and Worthy is kind of just a fat boy. He also says Brockers is nothing special, right about that too.

I think I have been leading the Brandon Thompson crusade and anti Worthy for months and months now. I think Thompsons ability to push the pocket and pass rush is drastically underrated. I have seen him falling in mocks to the third round, what a steal he would be @89!

Cito Pelon
04-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Alfred is one dizzy bitch at times, but he's a great second fiddle for the radio leads. He has his shtick, and it works.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:26 PM
You gotta be joking right? Do you have rocks in your head?

Elway is going to listen to our scouts. Period. Their voices influence decisions. Outsiders have no say.

Nalen and Big Al are hardly outsiders...I'm sure Big Al has given Elway a call and told him his opinion about the Defensive Lineman. What Elway does with it is up to him, but I'm sure he lends an ear every now and then.

Tombstone RJ
04-20-2012, 04:32 PM

I disagree. I watched Goodman announce for the Nuggets for years and he did a steller job. He's definitely doing a great job with the Rockies now too.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:32 PM
I think I have been leading the Brandon Thompson crusade and anti Worthy for months and months now. I think Thompsons ability to push the pocket and pass rush is drastically underrated. I have seen him falling in mocks to the third round, what a steal he would be @89!

Brandon Thompson won't be on the board at #57. Big Al actually rates him as his 2nd best DT (behind Cox). Big Al doesn't like Worthy or Still (he calls them "longsteppers"). He also likes Crick a lot. Doesn't like Dontari Poe. I just wish someone would clue him in on Derek Wolfe, because I think Derek Wolfe is quite a bit better than Crick.

...although I suspect there might be something up, because Kiper is mocking Wolfe to the Broncos at #25.

broncogary
04-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Why pay scouts when you get Alfred William's picks for free?

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Something I feel like can be fixed. I'm not a huge fan of a RB at #25, wouldn't be mad, but wouldn't be too excited. I'd take Stephen hill over any RB at #25 if he's there.

Kendall Wright > Stephen Hill > any RB

I would take Fleener too, there are so many good players who could help the Broncos.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
04-20-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm sure Big Al has given Elway a call and told him his opinion about the Defensive Lineman.

You're sure? You don't know what the **** is going on in the inside? Get the **** outta here!

Requiem
04-20-2012, 04:40 PM
If the Broncos take Wolfe in the first I will rush the field at training camp and **** on the practice field and tell Fred to lick it up.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
You're sure? You don't know what the **** is going on in the inside? Get the **** outta here!

You don't think Big Al has called Elway to tell him his opinion at all? Ever? Maybe he doesn't have too, the Broncos players listen, Elway probably does too.

Big Al has Elway's number, the keys to get into Dove Valley, he has a big mouth, and loves to talk...like I said, I'm sure Big Al has tried to tell Elway his opinion on the DT's.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 04:44 PM
If the Broncos take Wolfe in the first I will rush the field at training camp and **** on the practice field and tell Fred to lick it up.

I will do the same thing if they draft Worthy.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM

I don't really get the hate on Worthy. He's got potential, he was double teamed pretty much all year, he dominated pro prospects on Wisconsin's line. The potential is there, and its not like we're picking top 10. #25 on a DT with his potential, and his talent doesn't seem too far fetched.

I also like Derek Wolfe, not sure in round 1 because I think he'll be there at 57.

The only DT that really scares me is Devon Still.

Requiem
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Good. Then I'd chase after you and poop on you.

Bmore Manning
04-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I don't really get the hate on Worthy. He's got potential, he was double teamed pretty much all year, he dominated pro prospects on Wisconsin's line. The potential is there, and its not like we're picking top 10. #25 on a DT with his potential, and his talent doesn't seem too far fetched.

I also like Derek Wolfe, not sure in round 1 because I think he'll be there at 57.

He got dominated off the LOS you mean? Listen he has a below average motor, has endurance issues, has a small arsenal of moves in his repetuare. Unless he perfectly times the snap count he is almost useless and it shows. Do you think he is going to jump snap counts on Brees and Brady.. Please

Requiem
04-20-2012, 05:00 PM

The Worthy haters are a bunch of fags who go to WalterFootball.com. If you follow the people who hate Worthy and look up the other **** they post, the retard picture is painted perfectly.

If we don't take him and go for another position, that is fine. But if we take a turd like Wolfe at 25 -- I will end my life. I tried to choke on a pretzel when we chose Clarett over Barber III.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 05:02 PM
He got dominated off the LOS you mean? Listen he has a below average motor, has endurance issues, has a small arsenal of moves in his repetuare. Unless he perfectly times the snap count he is almost useless and it shows. Do you think he is going to jump snap counts on Brees and Brady.. Please

I don't agree with you. I guess we'll see. As far as endurance issues are concerned, I think that's pretty fixable. He's not who I want at #25 for sure, but if we take him, I won't be upset.

Requiem
04-20-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't agree with you. I guess we'll see. As far as endurance issues are concerned, I think that's pretty fixable. He's not who I want at #25 for sure, but if we take him, I won't be upset.

I hope we draft the kids from child's play.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 05:10 PM
I hope we draft the kids from child's play.

You're such a troll^5

Bmore Manning
04-20-2012, 05:18 PM

The coaching staff and scouts would know more than me, if those concerns are fixable then Worthy will be a steal, when he's on he's on.
Outside of Cox, Brockers, Poe I'm not feeling a DT unless there's a trade down to round two and they take Thompson and Martin. Or a value pairing like that.

elsid13
04-20-2012, 05:21 PM
The Worthy haters are a bunch of fags who go to WalterFootball.com. If you follow the people who hate Worthy and look up the other **** they post, the retard picture is painted perfectly.

If we don't take him and go for another position, that is fine. But if we take a turd like Wolfe at 25 -- I will end my life. I tried to choke on a pretzel when we chose Clarett over Barber III.

How will you do it? - drinking blench or go straight out gangsta and jump off a jungle gym.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-20-2012, 05:25 PM

I like Worthy, also really like Wolfe. I'd take Worthy over Wolfe, but it's somewhat close. I think both are excellent DT prospects and leaders. There are quite a few DTs out there we could take in Round 1 that I feel are more worthy of suicidal thoughts.

Dexter
04-20-2012, 05:26 PM
I like Worthy, also really like Wolfe. I'd take Worthy over Wolfe, but it's somewhat close. I think both are excellent DT prospects and leaders. There are quite a few DTs out there we could take in Round 1 that I feel are more worthy of suicidal thoughts.

Please share:wave:

DENVERDUI55
04-20-2012, 05:27 PM
He would be 30+ when he get's his shot. No thanks.

The only thing he has going for him over other guys is his pro-readiness, and that doesn't help us unless Manning goes down.

In which case we are screwed anyways.

I don't think age makes pro readiness either. Whether or not your 21 or 28 if you haven't played in the NFL yet you are still a green rookie.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 06:36 PM
Good. Then I'd chase after you and poop on you.

Hilarious!

pricejj
04-20-2012, 06:58 PM

1. Worthy was manhandled by the Wisconsin line.
2. Bunkley was much faster, never took plays off, is a freaking hustler, is built like a brick wall, and could bench 225 lbs. 44 times when he was 22.
3. Worthy is not particularly fast, takes a lot of plays off (according to scouts), is kind of a fat boy, and can bench 225 lbs 27 times (a little less than most Offensive Lineman).
4. Bunkley had 43 tackles and 0 sacks in the NFL...Worthy had 31 tackles, 3.5 sacks playing in college.
5. Worthy is nowhere close to Bunkley and will never be.
6. Worthy is a backup NT like Marcus Thomas.
7. If you want an NT, I suggest Dontari Poe (who will take time to develop), or Brandon Thompson, who would be similar to Bunkley.
8. If you want an impact UT, good luck finding one. They are very few and far between. Are there any in this draft? The only guys who MIGHT be impact UT's are Cox, Wolfe, and Reyes. Wolfe has the best production of the bunch (by far), but is no sure bet. Crick may be good also, although he's even riskier.

Here's my plan:
1. Draft Konz, Hightower, or Fleener at #25.
2. If Wolfe makes it past #31 (Patriots), use the #57 pick to trade up ahead of the Patriots next pick (#48), to #47, and pick Wolfe.
3. If the Patriots pick Wolfe at #31, I would be real nervous and use the #57 pick to trade up to try to get Brandon Thompson or Kendall Reyes.
4. If you fail at getting Wolfe, Thompson, or Reyes in the 2nd, draft Crick at #57.

Fool proof plan to get an impact player at #25, and a DT in the 2nd with value.

Requiem
04-20-2012, 07:25 PM
How will you do it? - drinking blench or go straight out gangsta and jump off a jungle gym.

I will swallow a deck of cards that are wrapped in barbwire. I will douse it in gasoline and light it before I shove it down my throat.

Requiem
04-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Wolfe isn't a turd like I was saying, but him at #25 would be an error IMHO. If he is a guy in the second we could get, it would be hard to argue against unless there are better players available, which I'd assume there would be.

Requiem
04-20-2012, 07:27 PM
2. Bunkley was much faster, never took plays off, is a freaking hustler, is built like a brick wall, and could bench 225 lbs. 44 times when he was 22.
3. Worthy is not particularly fast, takes a lot of plays off (according to scouts), is kind of a fat boy, and can bench 225 lbs 27 times (a little less than most Offensive Lineman).
4. Bunkley had 43 tackles and 0 sacks in the NFL...Worthy had 31 tackles, 3.5 sacks playing in college.
7. If you want an NT, I suggest Dontari Poe (who will take time to develop), or Brandon Thompson, who would be similar to Bunkley.
8. If you want an impact UT, good luck finding one. They are very few and far between. Are there any in this draft? The only guys who MIGHT be impact UT's are Cox, Wolfe, and Reyes. Wolfe has the best production of the bunch (by far), but is no sure bet. Crick may be good also, although he's even riskier.

Here's my plan:
2. If Wolfe makes it past #31 (Patriots), use the #57 pick to trade up ahead of the Patriots next pick (#48), to #47, and pick Wolfe.
3. If the Patriots pick Wolfe at #31, I would be real nervous and use the #57 pick to trade up to try to get Brandon Thompson or Kendall Reyes.
4. If you fail at getting Wolfe, Thompson, or Reyes in the 2nd, draft Crick at #57.

For Christ sakes, Worthy is a 4-3 UT. That is his best fit in the NFL.

BroncoBuff
04-20-2012, 07:40 PM

Easy on the insults please. Kinda like Vice President being Elway's entry level job, Williams' track record (not to mention personality) allowed him to start higher than he otherwise could have.

I love this resume, pinnacle of the sport in both college and in the NFL:

1990 - Colorado Buffaloes
- Team Captain
- All-American
- Butkus Award
- National Champion

Denver Broncos
- Team Captain 1996, 97, 98
- All-Pro 1996
- Super Bowl Champions 97, 98

I doubt it's been done more than a dozen or so other times ... Ray Lewis maybe. Paul Hornung.

Nwp-Apap
04-20-2012, 07:47 PM

Here's my plan:

>You think Alfred Williams knows anything.
>You post this.
>You are an idiot.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 08:12 PM
For Christ sakes, Worthy is a 4-3 UT. That is his best fit in the NFL.

Yeah, Marcus Thomas' claims to be a UT too...doesn't mean he's any good at it. I have no idea why people keep thinking every short fat boy DT is the next Warren Sapp. Warren Sapp ran a 4.69 forty, weighed over 300 lbs., was quick as a cat, and would leap over blockers.

Worthy? not so much...

Dexter
04-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Easy on the insults please. Kinda like Vice President being Elway's entry level job, Williams' track record (not to mention personality) allowed him to start higher than he otherwise could have.

I love this resume, pinnacle of the sport in both college and in the NFL:

1990 - Colorado Buffaloes
- Team Captain
- All-American
- Butkus Award
- National Champion

Denver Broncos
- Team Captain 1996, 97, 98
- All-Pro 1996
- Super Bowl Champions 97, 98

I doubt it's been done more than a dozen or so other times ... Ray Lewis maybe. Paul Hornung.

I already said I respected what he did for CU and the Broncos. And I'm okay listening to him talk about D-lineman. I just can't believe some of the other crap that comes out of his and DMACs mouth.

I wasn't a huge Tebow fan, but his Tebow hate was legendarily stupid.

Him also clamoring for Weeden was ridiculous.

Other than the stupid crap he says on the radio, I like him as a person.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 08:20 PM
... but his Tebow hate was legendarily stupid.

this.

Dedhed
04-20-2012, 08:30 PM
>You think Alfred Williams knows anything.
>You post this.
>You are an idiot.

Don't worry, in two days Price will be singing a totally different tune and will have deleted that post. A week ago he was saying we'd be crazy to pass on Crick at #25.

Cito Pelon
04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
Alfred is entertaining.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Don't worry, in two days Price will be singing a totally different tune and will have deleted that post. A week ago he was saying we'd be crazy to pass on Crick at #25.

Eh, Crick has some limitations, and we can probably get him without trading up in the 2nd, if it comes to that.

Dedhed
04-20-2012, 08:47 PM
Alfred is entertaining.

In a "seeing someone step in dog crap" kind of way.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-20-2012, 08:54 PM
They changed direction so many times in that show of who they thought Denver should be drafting... It sounded to me like they were running interference with Weeden

ZONA
04-20-2012, 08:58 PM
Lamar Miller is a bit of a reach at #25 IMO. When I watch alot of his highlights, the blocking was supreme and a ton of open space. And he looks fast but not that fast. I'd be fine with him if he was still there at our 2nd pick but definitely not the 1st pick.

Sorry big Al, I disagree with you on this one. No way can we pick Miller at #25.

KipCorrington25
04-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Lamar Miller is a bit of a reach at #25 IMO. When I watch alot of his highlights, the blocking was supreme and a ton of open space. And he looks fast but not that fast. I'd be fine with him if he was still there at our 2nd pick but definitely not the 1st pick.

Sorry big Al, I disagree with you on this one. No way can we pick Miller at #25.

He reminds me of Knowshow for some reason... Hilarious!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-peyGo-nRbVA/TciQdC2fTNI/AAAAAAAAAe8/-QccP1HcSfI/s1600/565133905_l.jpg