PDA

View Full Version : Spend money on pass Rush

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:24 PM
The colts basically told the whole world give me a offer and you can have Dwight Freeney. But no the broncos want to pursue Asante Samuel. Why? Defense is all about Pass rush not some CB that can't tackle, Porter is a solid CB, and what the hell we can draft another CB in the 2nd round. You can't get a Talent like Freeney anywhere good pass rushers are hard to find.

crush17
04-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Use existing threads.

lonestar
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
The colts basically told the whole world give me a offer and you can have Dwight Freeney. But no the broncos want to pursue Asante Samuel. Why? Defense is all about Pass rush not some CB that can't tackle, Porter is a solid CB, and what the hell we can draft another CB in the 2nd round. You can't get a Talent like Freeney anywhere good pass rushers are hard to find.

Why do we need freeney. Is he a DT?

No he is an undersized older DE that can be run on.

We have perhaps the best pass rush from the outside in the nfl. How would he improve it?

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:37 PM

We have perhaps the best pass rush from the outside in the nfl. How would he improve it?

We can stick any fat 300 pound idiot in the NT position seriously

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:38 PM
We can stick any fat 300 pound idiot in the NT position seriously

Espcally if you have Freeney, Miller and Doom rushing

Heyneck
04-19-2012, 11:52 PM

please!!!! No more over the hill, soon to be ancient players!!!

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:54 PM

Elvis dumervil Height: 5 ft 11

Dwight freeney Height: 6 ft 1

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:56 PM
please!!!! No more over the hill, soon to be ancient players!!!

Are you preferring to samuel or Freeney cause you can make a case for both of them

Heyneck
04-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Are you preferring to samuel or Freeney cause you can make a case for both of them

exactly!

Punisher
04-19-2012, 11:59 PM
exactly!

??? I rather take a chance with freeney then Sam but the broncos think otherwise

Houshyamama
04-20-2012, 12:02 AM
We already have a small pass rushing DE, he's called Elvis Dumervil.

Punisher
04-20-2012, 12:05 AM

I'm not understanding the whole undersized thing cause that doesn't prove your a talented player i mean what the hell would you take Jarvis Moss over Freeney i mean hes clearly taller than him

Doggcow
04-20-2012, 12:06 AM

We also have a solid complimentary DE to shore up the other side in Ayers.

Inside pressure is what we need to really collapse the pocket and get a pass rush. If we have a billion guys coming from the outside, the QB can still step up in the pocket...

This guy does realize that Miller was coming in hot on almost every play, and having to loop around when the QB stepped up, right? If there was ANY inside push, Miller is twice as effective, at least.

Punisher
04-20-2012, 12:12 AM
We also have a solid complimentary DE to shore up the other side in Ayers.

Inside pressure is what we need to really collapse the pocket and get a pass rush. If we have a billion guys coming from the outside, the QB can still step up in the pocket...

This guy does realize that Miller was coming in hot on almost every play, and having to loop around when the QB stepped up, right? If there was ANY inside push, Miller is twice as effective, at least.

Ok then rotate Ayers and Freeney it doesn't hurt to have a extra proven pass rusher and as for the NT position you can basically stick any 300 pound dummy there

KevinJames
04-20-2012, 12:13 AM
^no need because when Ayers rotates he goes inside and miller becomes a DE.

Anything in favor of taking Ayers out of the starting lineup in a 4-3 defense at LE I am strongly against.

Ayers is developing in my eyes that game against the Steelers he was the best pass rusher on that entire field that day. <3 the "Nascar package" Foxy designed.

Doggcow
04-20-2012, 12:18 AM
Ok then rotate Ayers and Freeney it doesn't hurt to have a extra proven pass rusher and as for the NT position you can basically stick any 300 pound dummy there

If you think you can just stick any player in at NT and have them be successful, there is no hope for you.

Go watch NE v Balt, Wilfork absolutely dominated that game.

Punisher
04-20-2012, 12:23 AM
If you think you can just stick any player in at NT and have them be successful, there is no hope for you.

Go watch NE v Balt, Wilfork absolutely dominated that game.

What does the NT do fill a spot right? Push forward any 300lb guy with NFL talent can do that now the DT position is clearly different

broncs2bowl
04-20-2012, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPm1SDItms

Thats him just back in 2010, simply amazing. And he had 8.5 sacks again last year itself. Also keep in mind the Colts were playing from behind a whole lot more last year too.

Can you imagine Doom, Miller, Ayers, Freeney teeing off on third down. Rival the Giants? I would sure say so(Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi)

Punisher
04-20-2012, 12:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPm1SDItms]

Thats him just back in 2012, simply amazing. And he had 8.5 sacks again last year itself. Also keep in mind the Colts were playing from behind a whole lot more last year too.

Can you imagine Doom, Miller, Ayers, Freeney teeing off on third down. Rival the Giants? I would sure say so(Pierre-Paul, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi)

this

Shananahan
04-20-2012, 12:43 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier and much more accurate to simply check Madden and find out?

broncs2bowl
04-20-2012, 01:02 AM
Wouldn't it just be easier and much more accurate to simply check Madden and find out?

Wouldn't it just be easier if you stopped posting so people didn't have to waste their time reading your posts and calling you an idiot.

Shananahan
04-20-2012, 01:06 AM
How would that answer your question?

BroncoInferno
04-20-2012, 04:59 AM
Freeney's cap figure is something like $19 million, that's why no one offered the Colts anything.

fontaine
04-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Freeney's cap figure is something like $19 million, that's why no one offered the Colts anything.

I'm not so sure about that.

The team that trades for Freeney would inherit his remaining contract ie salary for this season (14.5 million), unless they gave him a new contract and the Colts would take the cap hit minus that salary (any prorated signing bonus).

Punisher
04-20-2012, 05:41 AM

The team that trades for Freeney would inherit his remaining contract ie salary for this season (14.5 million), unless they gave him a new contract and the Colts would take the cap hit minus that salary (any prorated signing bonus).

And Samuel has a two year contract with more than $21 million remaining on it

EmpireOrange
04-20-2012, 05:50 AM

This^

Lolad
04-20-2012, 05:53 AM
I would rather we pick up a couple of DT's. All of which can collapse the pocket. We need inside pressure I think if you ask any coach he would rather have pressure in the face of the QB. It was evident we didn't have that last season

Punisher
04-20-2012, 05:56 AM
This^

Elvis dumervil Height: 5 ft 11

Dwight freeney Height: 6 ft 1

And who said if we get freeney or sam that the broncos won't go after a DT as well i didn't remember anyone saying that

CEH
04-20-2012, 06:04 AM
We will draft another situational pass rusher. But for argument sakes what Freeney would do is force the offenses out of their standard base offense because with 3 stud pass rushers it becomes a numbers game for the offense. No longer can NE run 5 WRs they have to bring in an extra blocker especially if Denver has the lead it takes an extra offensive weapon off the field for the opposing offense unless they want to take their chances with their QB. We saw Doom level Brady and Von did the same thing to Dirty

The premise of the post is not that far off but you can find a pass rusher like Bruce Irvin or Ryan Davis later in the draft

CEH
04-20-2012, 06:07 AM
I would rather we pick up a couple of DT's. All of which can collapse the pocket. We need inside pressure I think if you ask any coach he would rather have pressure in the face of the QB. It was evident we didn't have that last season

While I agree it would be nice to have a Trvor Pryce it's really hard to find these types of inside pass rushers. How many are there right now in the league . 2-3 maybe. Suh, Ngnata and who else?

BroncoInferno
04-20-2012, 06:08 AM

$14.5 million is still a hefty number for a 32 year old.

Punisher
04-20-2012, 06:19 AM
$14.5 million is still a hefty number for a 32 year old.

You do realize If the broncos get Asante our running defense goes down, knowing teams are going to run his side. Plus with Manning on our team time of position is very key for other teams. Also they both are in there 30's would you rather have a pass rusher that can stop the run or a CB that can't tackle.

BroncoBen
04-20-2012, 07:23 AM

No kidding that much...? Yeah, stay away from Freeney, the Broncos are fine at pass rushers.. they need run Stuffers, big bodies on the inside.

Punisher
04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
No kidding that much...? Yeah, stay away from Freeney, the Broncos are fine at pass rushers.. they need run Stuffers, big bodies on the inside.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants

BroncoInferno
04-20-2012, 08:05 AM
You do realize If the broncos get Asante our running defense goes down, knowing teams are going to run his side. Plus with Manning on our team time of position is very key for other teams. Also they both are in there 30's would you rather have a pass rusher that can stop the run or a CB that can't tackle.

I don't want Samuel, either.

gyldenlove
04-20-2012, 08:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/roster/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants

Number of players who had double digit sacks in 2011:

NY Giants: 1
Denver Broncos: 1

Number of player who had more than 5 sacks in 2011:

NY Giants: 2
Denver Broncos: 2

Number of players who had multiple sacks in 2011:

NY Giants: 7
Denver Broncos: 7

Total sacks in 2011:

NY Giants: 48
Denver Broncos: 41

We are just like the Giants in fact when it comes to pass rush.

peacepipe
04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
pass rush is the least of our concerns,it's run defense. I don't know if you've noticed but von doom don't have any problems getting to the QB.

socalorado
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM

Total sacks in 2011:

END THREAD.

OrangeSe7en
04-20-2012, 10:08 AM

I agree with your premise.

TonyR
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM

I'd be curious if the numbers for pressures were just as similar.

broncosteven
04-20-2012, 10:50 AM
I read an article last year where Elway said he took Miller with the 2nd pick last year because as a player he hated going against good LB's and he thought the next important position on the D is CB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took a CB high or traded for one and drafted DT's in the mid to low rounds.

pricejj
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I'd be curious if the numbers for pressures were just as similar.

I would be curious to see how the numbers stack up from players lined up at the interior DL. Also, 7 sacks difference is not trivial. The Broncos were tied for 10th in sacks with 4 teams, the Giants were 3rd overall. The Broncos had problems with pressure from the DT position, and could be top 5 with a sackmaster on the inside.

gyldenlove
04-20-2012, 04:48 PM
I would be curious to see how the numbers stack up from players lined up at the interior DL. Also, 7 sacks difference is not trivial. The Broncos were tied for 10th in sacks with 4 teams, the Giants were 3rd overall. The Broncos had problems with pressure from the DT position, and could be top 5 with a sackmaster on the inside.

We got 4 sacks from the DT position (all by Mcbean) - the Giants got 6 (4 from Canty, 2 from Linval Joseph in base defense.

I know they tend to move Tuck to DT in nickel defense the same way we move Ayers. Ayers had 3 sacks, not sure how many of them came lined up inside, Tuck had 5, not sure how many of those came from the DT position.

g6matty
04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPm1SDItms

Thats him just back in 2010, simply amazing. And he had 8.5 sacks again last year itself. Also keep in mind the Colts were playing from behind a whole lot more last year too.

miller at DT might work. good idea

27atwater
04-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I read an article last year where Elway said he took Miller with the 2nd pick last year because as a player he hated going against good LB's and he thought the next important position on the D is CB.

I wouldn't be surprised if we took a CB high or traded for one and drafted DT's in the mid to low rounds.

Lammey has been saying for over a week that Kirkpatrick is the desired pick.

DENVERDUI55
04-20-2012, 06:05 PM

Total sacks in 2011:

Well yeah stats show that but what you didn't point out was their DL I believe Tuck and OSI missed a few games and were banged up most of the year.

elsid13
04-20-2012, 06:17 PM
There isn't a lot of depth when comes to pass rushers on the team. I wouldn't trade for any non-FA vet, but I wouldn't be against an early draft selection used on DE.