PDA

View Full Version : Caldwell, Tamme, Dreesen, Mays Media Conference

COBronc78
04-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Caldwell:

Caldwell on catching passes from Peyton Manning: "He looks great. I see why he's such a high-rated quarterback."

Caldwell says Manning is "literally leading everything," but that Manning and Decker "go hand in hand" in leading the drills.

"I'd go to war with (Manning) right now." #Broncos

"Very detailed ... working on 4 or 5 routes a day ... then we just add on every other day." #Broncos

"I just feel at home here. Everybody works hand-in-hand from the top to the bottom. I've got a good feeling."

"I bring a lot of speed. I feel I'm a speed receiver that gets a lot of yards after the catch."

Caldwell says DT much bigger than AJ green. Running a ton of sprints to get use to things

Caldwell said Cincy tried running no huddle here in Denver last year. "I was dead." Could be advantage for new Broncos offense.

Jacob Tamme:

"In the past in Indianapolis, the TE was a focal point. We've got a lot of guys here that can catch the ball."

"This week has been a lot of fun ... Things are going well. It's going to be a fun summer." #Broncos

"It just felt like the right fit. I think this team, we have an opportunity to do some special things."

"I'm real excited about (playing with TE Joel Dreessen)...we've got a whole group of TEs that can be real difference-makers."

Tamme on whether he circled any games on the schedule: "I circled 16."

"It's certainly going to be fun to be a Bronco this year."

"Throughout the whole process (of deciding where to sign) I didn't speak with (Manning)."

"We're all just trying to start the jelling process. It takes some time, and that's kind of what's neat about this time of year."

Joel Dreesen:

TE Joel Dreessen is now speaking to the media. "I've never done this podium thing, it's cool," he laughs.

"I was the biggest Broncos fan ever. I can't tell you how many times I threw the football to myself...pretending I was Elway."

Dreessen says he thinks he still has a t-shirt back at his boyhood home with images Sharpe, Elway, McCaffrey, Smith, etc. on it.

Dreessen on being a fan: "I had to get over that real quick, because I've got a job to do...I want to find another level to my career."

"I want to find another level to myself. That's a reason why I left Texas."

Dreessen on playing for his hometown team with QB Peyton Manning: "There's a lot of upside, certainly."

As free agent, Dreessen said he got a text from Elway that said "I hope you come here...I think you're going to be wildly successful here."

Dreessen said Elway sent him a text encouraging him to come to Denver. "That was the selling point." He also always calls him "Mr. Elway."

Dreessen called Manning "a gifted leader." On Manning's throws: "He's putting it on the money, like a quarterback does."

"We're going to work our tails off to be great...the expectation for every team in the league is to win."

Dreessen said there are parallels between Thomas and Andre Johnson. "I think they're both great athletes, great WRs." #Broncos

Joe Mays:

Joe Mays, on Manning: "We're all excited ... we're looking forward to those no-huddle practices ... it should help the D during games."

"We're going to be in great shape ... Peyton has got those guys (offense) working hard." #Broncos

Joe Mays said that the Broncos ran today for the first time during this week's workouts. #Broncos

"We still have a lot more to do...but I think we're going to have a lot of fun just having Coach Del Rio as our D-Coordinator."

Mays said that Del Rio has "put a couple of coverages in" already. He's also excited that Del Rio was a former LB.

Mays on Del Rio "He's a linebacker, man. ... I'm just looking forward to learning from him."

"Everybody's more excited about the Peyton Manning addition. I'm more excited about the Jack Del Rio addition." -- Joe Mays

Mays heard Von Miller said Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio was "nicer than he expected." "Just for now," Mays joked.

Mays, looking back at 2011: "I missed too many tackles last year ... You guys saw it, the fans saw it, I read about it on the Internet."

Mays says he wants to work on his explosion, "getting from point A to point B faster" so he can make the tackle.

Mays: "I wanted to be here. My family wanted to be here. It was easy to say yes (when the Broncos offered a contract.

Mays working on explosion this yr. "I missed too many tackles last year. You guys saw it, fans saw it, I read all about it on the Internet."

Mays on 5 primetime games on the schedule: "There's a lot of night games. You can only blame one person for that (laughs)."

"To see how the fans view you, you don't want anyone speaking like that of you. I'm going to make sure I do what I can to get better."

"Some things you may like, some things you may not like, but it's the truth. You've got to step your game up to get fans behind you."

Mays said he expects Nate Irving to push him for the starting job. "He knows what the coaches expect of him."

Mays said he didn't look at the stuff written about him on the Internet until the offseason. Fascinating how he takes criticism to heart.

Mays on Brian Dawkins: "I talked to him once ... He has to make the decision ... He's going to take his time...We want him to come back."

Mays said that the first thing Bannan said was "I'm looking forward to taking on double teams." Mays said his reply was, "Yes!"

Mays on DL Ty Warren: "He's looking good...he's expecting a lot...we're just looking forward to having him back this year."

Mays said he'll watch the draft just like any other fan, but he'll keep a close eye on what AFC West teams do.

Will update when video is posted on website

Smiling Assassin27
04-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Dreessen called Manning "a gifted leader." On Manning's throws: "He's putting it on the money, like a quarterback does."

Man, dude took a direct shot at Tim Tebow there! [/s]

55CrushEm
04-19-2012, 01:18 PM
Joe Mays:
"I missed too many tackles last year. You guys saw it, fans saw it, I read all about it on the Internet."

"To see how the fans view you, you don't want anyone speaking like that of you..."

LOL

cmhargrove
04-19-2012, 01:19 PM
Nice to have a good comment about Warren, we need him to be his old self in the worst way. If he is honestly healthy, it opens up so many options for us this draft.

g6matty
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
i was a mays basher this past year but i like the things he said . im pullin for him to develope but i have high hopes for irvin. willl be a fun training camp this year at linebacker

Rother8
04-19-2012, 01:20 PM
I really think our TE's are a great group. Certainly a good group. Virgil Green might get cut, and if so he'll probably be picked up right away. There's a lot of good TE's, a few great ones. We got like 4 above average ones.

Mogulseeker
04-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Joe Mays:
"I missed too many tackles last year. You guys saw it, fans saw it, I read all about it on the Internet."

"To see how the fans view you, you don't want anyone speaking like that of you..."

LOL

Alright... time to speculate... which one of these posters is Mays.

TheReverend
04-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Mays takes way too much crap

BroncoBen
04-19-2012, 01:34 PM
<quote>Mays working on explosion this yr. "I missed too many tackles last year. You guys saw it, fans saw it, I read all about it on the Internet."</quote>

These are some great things to hear... I think Mays is the first Bronco player I have ever heard talk this way... taking ownership :thumbs:

Play2win
04-19-2012, 01:47 PM
I like Mays, I like how his attitude like Atwater/DS49/Al Wilson. I just hope he can improve on the things he needs to and JDR can make it work. I am actually really excited to see how the defense is going to be with a guy like JDR pulling the strings. :thumbsup:

DBroncos4life
04-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Nice to have a good comment about Warren, we need him to be his old self in the worst way. If he is honestly healthy, it open up so many options for us this draft.

The worst thing for big DT's is the punishment they take on their legs. Personally I think the will work in Warrens favor not taking the blows to his knees the last two seasons.

jonny1
04-19-2012, 02:10 PM
Man, dude took a direct shot at Tim Tebow there! [/s]

I doubt it, since he wasn't here last year.

ludo21
04-19-2012, 02:18 PM
LOL @ Mays comments

dude has been reading the MANE

broncolife
04-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Orton:**** the fans

Mays: I care how the fans think about me

mkporter
04-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Mays takes way too much crap

It's because when he misses, he misses huge and very obviously. A lot of other guys' mistakes are not as noticeable to the average fan.