PDA

View Full Version : Jabar Gaffney says the Redskins are trying to trade him

BroncoBen
04-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Wide receiver Jabar Gaffney led the Redskins in most receiving categories last season, but he says the team doesnít want him back in 2012.

In an interview with Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Radio on Wednesday, Gaffney said that he wants to remain with the team. The feeling doesnít seem to be mutual as Gaffney said that Mike and Kyle Shanahan told him he didnít need to report to work for the first two weeks of the offseason program. That timeframe would take him through the end of the draft, a period that would indicate what the Redskins are looking for in a deal.

TonyR
04-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Yup, not surprised. It was mentioned back when they signed those other WR's early in FA that Gaffney would likely be the odd man out. You'd think they'd just release him since there's he's not likely to bring much, if any, comp.

underrated29
god, the thing I miss about shanny is that he will trade gaffney to some team for a 2nd and 7th round pick. Or trade gaffney to the rams for steven jackson or something.

Shanny was the master of trading. He could always get retarded value from trading away avg to scrub type wr.

cmhargrove
Wide receiver Jabar Gaffney led the Redskins in most receiving categories last season, but he says the team doesnít want him back in 2012.

In an interview with Chris Russell of ESPN 980 Radio on Wednesday, Gaffney said that he wants to remain with the team. The feeling doesnít seem to be mutual as Gaffney said that Mike and Kyle Shanahan told him he didnít need to report to work for the first two weeks of the offseason program. That timeframe would take him through the end of the draft, a period that would indicate what the Redskins are looking for in a deal.

Cheated on by his ho, then dumped by his team. Must be a rough year for Gaffney.

jhns
04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
It would be awesome if after throwing a fit to the media, he finds out Shanahan was doing his usual and not requiring vets to do all offseason activities.

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2012, 01:17 PM
god, the thing I miss about shanny is that he will trade gaffney to some team for a 2nd and 7th round pick. Or trade gaffney to the rams for steven jackson or something.

Shanny was the master of trading. He could always get retarded value from trading away avg to scrub type wr.

if i could hire anyone on the planet to be my agent in any contract signing, i would want Shanahan. his trades always ended up as major lopsided deals, where we literally laughed at our trade partners.

UberBroncoMan
04-18-2012, 01:20 PM

Like when he traded Ashley Lelie?

:P

Beantown Bronco
04-18-2012, 01:23 PM
if i could hire anyone on the planet to be my agent in any contract signing, i would want Shanahan. his trades always ended up as major lopsided deals, where we literally laughed at our trade partners.

If only the Giants hired idiot team doctors like us, we could've had freaking Justin Tuck entering his prime for an old MLB that couldn't turn his head.

BroncoInferno
04-18-2012, 01:27 PM
Yup, not surprised. It was mentioned back when they signed those other WR's early in FA that Gaffney would likely be the odd man out. You'd think they'd just release him since there's he's not likely to bring much, if any, comp.

He was more productive than Santana Moss and cheaper...not sure why they wouldn't dump him instead.

Mogulseeker
04-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Wonder if they'll take Jarmon back, haha.

55CrushEm
04-18-2012, 01:28 PM

Most of the "idiot" trades were with the Redskins, weren't they?

It's not like Shanahan pulled the wool over EVERYONE's eyes in trades.....just Dan Snyder.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 01:42 PM
Most of the "idiot" trades were with the Redskins, weren't they?

It's not like Shanahan pulled the wool over EVERYONE's eyes in trades.....just Dan Snyder.

Ashley lelie to the falcons..
Keary Colbert to-hell I dont even know
Orlandis gary to the lions for something
Portis for champ and could have been marion barber but was bell instead

and those are just the player trades I can think of off the top of my head

55CrushEm
04-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Ashley lelie to the falcons..
Keary Colbert to-hell I dont even know
Orlandis gary to the lions for something
Portis for champ and could have been marion barber but was bell instead

and those are just the player trades I can think of off the top of my head

I know he pulled off trades with other teams. I'm just saying the only team I remember "raping" in trades was Washington.....it was the Champ/Portis trade....and I thought one other.

The other trades with other teams, I remember as being fair....I could be wrong.

LonghornBronco
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Colbert to the Seahags for that back up MLB?

broncosteven
04-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Gaffney is a hair above avg he should do well where ever they ship him.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Colbert to the Seahags for that back up MLB?

Nah, we signed nikko koutiveoudes as a FA, not in a trade. Think we got a 5 and 7 for colbert or something.

Frosty78
04-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Reportedly interested in joining the Pats or Broncos if traded btw:

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2012/4/18/2957967/jabar-gaffney-trade-rumors-redskins

socalorado
04-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Didnt shanny trade The turnstile to DET for like a 2nd too?
Cant remember his name. The O-lineman.
Gary was a 2nd round pick i believe.

BroncoBeavis
04-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Reportedly interested in joining the Pats or Broncos if traded btw:

http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-redskins/2012/4/18/2957967/jabar-gaffney-trade-rumors-redskins

Sold!. Wonder if Lito's still on the market?

Conklin
04-18-2012, 02:20 PM

foster

OBF1
04-18-2012, 03:02 PM
When some of you get tired of your lips being affixed to Shannys ass crack, go back and list all those great FA signings that he brought us.... Like Ihop and Dale Carter.

What ever shanny did real good, he had something else he did really piss poor.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 03:25 PM
When some of you get tired of your lips being affixed to Shannys ass crack, go back and list all those great FA signings that he brought us.... Like Ihop and Dale Carter.

Ahhh but this is not about that. This is about gaffney being traded by shanny and shannys history of robbing teams stupid for players, esp. when it comes to wide receivers.

Maybe you and lonestar should go sulk in the corner about how much shanny sucks. No one here cares.

jebures
04-18-2012, 03:39 PM

we lost Olandis as a Free Agent, got jack $hit for him

broncosteven
04-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Didn't Shanny trade Middlebrooks to the 49ers TWICE?

Lestat
04-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Shanny was gold on trades. though it is funny how most are calling him a fool for the RGIII trade. as good as Shanny is, he's never won properly without having his guy at QB. so RGIII is his guy and any other year goes #1 overall.

underrated29
04-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Didn't Shanny trade Middlebrooks to the 49ers TWICE?

lol- something like that....

Traded him to the 9ers for engelberger or someone right, then they cut middlebrooks and we signed him again. But I dont remember trading him back to them again- but we might have. It was sooooo long ago and we have made a billion trades since then. Its hard to keep it all together.

BroncoBeavis
04-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Shanny was gold on trades. though it is funny how most are calling him a fool for the RGIII trade. as good as Shanny is, he's never won properly without having <s>his guy</s> Elway at QB. so RGIII is his guy and any other year goes #1 overall.

FIFY

TheReverend
04-18-2012, 04:03 PM

Schlereth, McCaffrey, Romo, Neil Smith, Griffith, Tony Jones, Gordon, Swayne, Tanuvasa, Cadrez, Kavika Pittman, Bert Berry, Jake Plummer, John Lynch, Courtney Brown, Brandon Stokely, Dan Graham

^ That averages over 1 solid-to-impact player added each year (ignored other decent starters like Montrae Holland, etc). Would be very willing to bet that you'd actually be very hard pressed to find a better FA track record.

OBF1
04-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Ahhh but this is not about that. This is about gaffney being traded by shanny and shannys history of robbing teams stupid for players, esp. when it comes to wide receivers.

Maybe you and lonestar should go sulk in the corner about how much shanny sucks. No one here cares.

I got you to respond and prove my point. So damn easy. I am suprised you did not follow Atlas over to the redskins boards. And besides, since when in the hell did the mane stay on freekin topic.

OBF1
04-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Let me stand corrected on Shanny... Personally I still think he made alot of poor decisions in free agency. Maybe I was thinking about some of his steller drafts he left us with during the 2000's

CEH
04-18-2012, 04:33 PM
I just bought my son a BLloyd jersey for $7. For some reason Moreno was also in the clearance rack. Ton of Moreno

KipCorrington25
04-18-2012, 06:14 PM
I just bought my son a BLloyd jersey for $7. For some reason Moreno was also in the clearance rack. Ton of Moreno

It's called the McDaniels effect. Hilarious!

broncosteven
04-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Schlereth, McCaffrey, Romo, Neil Smith, Griffith, Tony Jones, Gordon, Swayne, Tanuvasa, Cadrez, Kavika Pittman, Bert Berry, Jake Plummer, John Lynch, Courtney Brown, Brandon Stokely, Dan Graham

^ That averages over 1 solid-to-impact player added each year (ignored other decent starters like Montrae Holland, etc). Would be very willing to bet that you'd actually be very hard pressed to find a better FA track record.

I liked Brown, I thought he played very well until his last injury.

broncosteven
04-18-2012, 06:38 PM
It's called the McDaniels effect. Hilarious!

I was going to post "Little known" but everyone now knows what a waste he was now.

Houshyamama
04-18-2012, 08:07 PM
For what, a 6th rounder?

underrated29
04-18-2012, 10:11 PM
I got you to respond and prove my point.

Congratulations! You must feel so special. Now take your new internet renown and start your own shanahan draft and fa thread. Cuz seriously no one cares.

maven
04-18-2012, 10:21 PM

What store was this?

Archer81
04-18-2012, 11:33 PM

For every John Lynch, you have a Dale Carter. For every Neil Smith, you get IHOP. And those two alone are enough to overshadow 10+ years of solid pickups. And then you have...Eddie Kennison.

:Broncos:

lonestar
04-19-2012, 12:17 AM

Not the way to build a team for long term.

The way to do that was via the draft or in Mikey's case the DAFT.

Going back for all his picks on day one and that means to me picks 1-3. Those should be sure fire picks. Probably long term starters. Only 6 players of the some 42 picks in those ranges were resigned to a second contract without leaving and coming back and the only one that did that would have been Gold.
The guys that did sign IIRC Wilson, DJ, Griese, Neil, Pryce and mobley

Pretty poor DAFT record IMO.

IMO the real reason he was fired, poor personnel decisions.

lonestar
04-19-2012, 12:26 AM
For every John Lynch, you have a Dale Carter. For every Neil Smith, you get IHOP. And those two alone are enough to overshadow 10+ years of solid pickups. And then you have...Eddie Kennison.

:Broncos:

Not to mention the dead cap space they ate every year while mikey was fubaring personnel decisions.

A great OC second maybe to Bill Walsh. But either did not know dick about DEFENSE or could have cared less about it.

houghtam
04-19-2012, 12:55 AM

Come on.

It's one thing to bitch about someone who makes baseless claims, but there are some pretty outlandish claims that Shanahan "raped" teams in trades on a regular basis. Let's take a closer look at some of these names (other than the Portis for Champ trade, of course) being brought up here:

Ashley Lelie - 3-way trade netting the Broncos a 3rd round draft pick in 2007. Turned into Ryan Harris? So we got rid of a speed receiver who couldn't catch and replaced him with a tackle who couldn't stay on the field.

http://den.scout.com/2/559900.html

Keary Colbert - Traded to the Seahawks for a 5th (conditional 4th) in 2009. Can't remember which it ended up being, but we drafted Darcel McBath in the 4th and Richard Quinn in the 5th, so...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/58301-keary-colbert-traded-by-the-denver-broncos-chad-jackson-to-replace-him

George Foster - Traded to the Lions (along with Tatum Bell) for Dre Bly and a mid round draft pick in 2007. Was that our 4th? Marcus Thomas?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2784408

Willie Middlebrooks - Traded to SF for John Engelberger in 2005.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2107356

Color me unimpressed with the rest of those trades.