PDA

View Full Version : week 2 MNF vs Atlanta

bfoflcommish
04-17-2012, 03:08 PM
BREAKING: Broncos second game of the season will be Monday night (9/19) at ATL. Back-to-back primetime games to open. The power of Peyton!

according to james merilatt on twitter

broncswin
04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
Damn..wtf..these is some tough games

TheReverend
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Unsure if legitimate for now.

bfoflcommish
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Unsure if legitimate for now.

I dont know where he is getting it from but this is what he put now

James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt
Opening month (with proper dates): 9/9 home vs. Pittsburgh (SNF), 9/17 at Atlanta (MNF), 9/23 vs. Houston.

TheReverend
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
I dont know where he is getting it from but this is what he put now

James Merilatt ‏ @jamesmerilatt
Opening month (with proper dates): 9/9 home vs. Pittsburgh (SNF), 9/17 at Atlanta (MNF), 9/23 vs. Houston.

Opening with 2 prime times would be awesome, but for now I'll hold my excitement until it's official release.

Bigdawg26
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM
That's awesome! I'm in ATL for grad school, and I would LOVE for the broncos to come down here and kick the falcons @ss! I can't stand falcons fans because they have this undeserving sense of entitlement like they won something with such an OVERRATED team.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 05:30 PM
That's awesome! I'm in ATL for grad school, and I would LOVE for the broncos to come down here and kick the falcons @ss! I can't stand falcons fans because they have this undeserving sense of entitlement like they won something with such an OVERRATED team.

Overrated is right. Giants exposed them. This is not an elite team and can be beat.

underrated29
04-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Big time overrated! Tebow has more playoff wins that matt Ryan.

And Ryan, you know can throw the ball and has turner, and ruddy white and Julio and well they are overrated.

Chris
04-17-2012, 06:03 PM
Big time overrated! Tebow has more playoff wins that matt Ryan.

And Ryan, you know can throw the ball and has turner, and ruddy white and Julio and well they are overrated.

Roddy White had a down year but could be bounce back. I expect Julio to be better but Turner seems like he's regressing. We can beat these guys.

TonyR
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Overrated is right. Giants exposed them. This is not an elite team and can be beat.

Agree but they're very good at home. 6-2 last season with the losses against the Packers and Saints who were no slouches.

That One Guy
04-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Agree but they're very good at home. 6-2 last season with the losses against the Packers and Saints who were no slouches.

And something like 18-1 at one point for Ryan, right?

Br0nc0Buster
04-17-2012, 07:38 PM
I think we will win this game
I honestly think the Steelers at home will be the tougher game

Ryan is pretty good, but Ill take Manning if it gets into a shoot out

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 07:51 PM
I think we will win this game
I honestly think the Steelers at home will be the tougher game

Ryan is pretty good, but Ill take Manning if it gets into a shoot out

If we can't handle Atlanta in week 2 next year, we're in a world of hurt.

Dutch
04-17-2012, 08:16 PM

Hey Bigdawg,
If you'll be here (Atlanta) for the game, my younger Bro' and I might get together with the Bronco Fans of Atlanta ( http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Broncos-Fans-of-Atlanta/ ) and see if they are putting together a ticket/section deal for the game, or just go down to The Rose and Crown ( http://www.roseandcrowntavern.com/Home.aspx ) to catch the game. I'm trying to find out if they are doing a draft party/gathering of any kind. I will be in Texas for a wedding that weekend, but my younger Bro' will probably go. Great group with a bunch of Colorado ex-pats. Cool place as well with great food and gives pretty good deals on food and drinks for the group. (Guinness on draft and in many of the recipies, how could it be better?) Drop me a PM and we'll try to hook up as the season gets closer. I'm not a big fan of The Dome. We've been to every game the Broncos have played here in the last 16 years, and frankly.... it leaves a lot to be desired. Add in the fact that the Falcons are a much better team now, and the tickets have gotten much tougher/expensive to get the last few years. As to our chances, I like 'em. The Falcons are a good team, and likely to be better this year. The same can be said about us. I like John Fox's experience vs the NFC South. He knows these teams well, and that should help.

Bigdawg26
04-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey Bigdawg,
If you'll be here (Atlanta) for the game, my younger Bro' and I might get together with the Bronco Fans of Atlanta ( http://www.meetup.com/Denver-Broncos-Fans-of-Atlanta/ ) and see if they are putting together a ticket/section deal for the game, or just go down to The Rose and Crown ( http://www.roseandcrowntavern.com/Home.aspx ) to catch the game. I'm trying to find out if they are doing a draft party/gathering of any kind. I will be in Texas for a wedding that weekend, but my younger Bro' will probably go. Great group with a bunch of Colorado ex-pats. Cool place as well with great food and gives pretty good deals on food and drinks for the group. (Guinness on draft and in many of the recipies, how could it be better?) Drop me a PM and we'll try to hook up as the season gets closer. I'm not a big fan of The Dome. We've been to every game the Broncos have played here in the last 16 years, and frankly.... it leaves a lot to be desired. Add in the fact that the Falcons are a much better team now, and the tickets have gotten much tougher/expensive to get the last few years. As to our chances, I like 'em. The Falcons are a good team, and likely to be better this year. The same can be said about us. I like John Fox's experience vs the NFC South. He knows these teams well, and that should help.

Ok cool! Sounds great!

Dutch
04-17-2012, 08:46 PM
If we can't handle Atlanta in week 2 next year, we're in a world of hurt.

You're an hyperbole spouting idiot, Beavis. The Falcons lost twice at home last year. Once to the Saints in overtime, and once to the Packers by 11 after leading until the end of the third quarter, then losing two starting offensive linemen. They are a solid home team now. As someone who has been subjected to watching them for 15 years, they are light years ahead of the team they were even under Reeves. They have become a good franchise with a respected head coach and a decent team. Rock...:notthissh

Dutch
04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok cool! Sounds great!

Looking forward to it, man! We'll get together for a game or two one way or another. Where are you going to grad school?

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 09:16 PM
You're an hyperbole spouting idiot, Beavis. The Falcons lost twice at home last year. Once to the Saints in overtime, and once to the Packers by 11 after leading until the end of the third quarter, then losing two starting offensive linemen. They are a solid home team now. As someone who has been subjected to watching them for 15 years, they are light years ahead of the team they were even under Reeves. They have become a good franchise with a respected head coach and a decent team. Rock...:notthissh

Great, and one of those home wins was against a team above .500. (the 9-7 Titans)

Juggernaut.

I think the Giants this year and Pack last year showed us everything we need to know about the dirty birds. We'd better be able to handle those paper tigers before we plan on contending with the real ones. :)

JDB7821
04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I'll be there with bells on. I won't be disappointed in the outcome. I'll be pretty interested to see Peyton go against Mike Nolan's D. Von will probably murder Matt a few times. It should be a great game.

Anikai
04-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Matt Ryan might be good once he hits puberty. Until then he'll be Mr. 1 & done.

JDB7821
04-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Matt Ryan might be good once he hits puberty. Until then he'll be Mr. 1 & done.

Ha, seriously. I love the guy, but he sounds like a middle schooler. He needs to grow up in a hurry.

ksBRONCOfan
04-18-2012, 05:27 AM
I will try to go to this game. My company has two locations in the Atlanta metro area and I have been traveling there a bunch this year. I will find a reason to be back on this week.

TheReverend
04-18-2012, 05:31 AM
I will try to go to this game. My company has two locations in the Atlanta metro area and I have been traveling there a bunch this year. I will find a reason to be back on this week.

I'm gonna try and wiggle my way up too. Kinda upset the Bucc's game isn't in Tampa :/

GreatBronco16
04-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Yep, I'm allready trying to plan this game with my boss(charger fan)

Will probably be looking at the lower endzone in the 120 sections.

Dutch
04-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Sounds like a great chance for a Southeastern OM get together! Maybe we could set something up for the afternoon downtown, then those attending the game could head over as a group. Be warned, parking at the Dome sucks at gametime.

TheReverend
04-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Would be crazy fun meeting up with Dutch and GreatBronco16.

That's as big of a draw as the actual game for me right now.

Broncomutt
04-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Hmmm, 4 hours to Atlanta from Charlotte, and probably a hotel stay after the game. With Orton or even Tebow, I think I stay content with just the Carolina game this year, but Manning might make the drive worthwhile. Looks like I'll be requesting a 4 day weekend.

Dendave
04-18-2012, 08:19 AM
My sister lives in Atlanta, I am going to try and do this game also, keep my informed if you are trying to get group tickets...

GreatBronco16
04-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Would be crazy fun meeting up with Dutch and GreatBronco16.

That's as big of a draw as the actual game for me right now.

Only if you bring the lobster.:P