View Full Version : Peter King reports Denver to host Pitt week 1

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 03:20 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/SI_PeterKing

On Sunday Night, and that Cinncinatti will open up in Baltimore on MNF

socalorado
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Oooh. I like!
VonDoom can finish killing Rapistberger.

Gcver2ver3
04-17-2012, 03:23 PM
I heard that denver was hosting pitt for the opener yesterday on denver radio...

I'm actually surprised a thread wasnt started on this earlier...

In any event, i am amped for that game.... it will be rockin in mile high...

KO5K
04-17-2012, 03:24 PM
I wouldn't want this if I'm Elway, potential PR nightmare.

Imagine if in Manning's first game as a Bronco, he loses to the team Tebow beat in the playoffs last year?

And lets be honest, Pittsburgh is never an easy game...

Punisher
04-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Imagine if in Manning's first game as a Bronco, he loses to the team Tebow beat in the playoffs last year?

This
but i doubt Manning will get like a billion 3 and outs in the 3rd and 4th quarter

BroncoBen
04-17-2012, 03:27 PM
Hummm... we talked about this weeks ago, Steelers at the Broncos to open the season. I thought this was great, and how maybe not that many Steeler fans would be at the game since Bronco fans would be excited to see Manning and not sell their tickets.

But it was pointed out that ticket scalpers had large blocks of tickets that they sell to the highest bidder.. which to me is disappointing.

DBroncos4life

Blah blah Tebow blah blah Tebow

lolcopter
Laaame

Steelers fans are the worst. **** that team/fanbase

lonestar
This
but i doubt Manning will get like a billion 3 and outs in the 3rd and 4th quarter

IF he makes it to the third quarter..

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM
:strong:IF he makes it to the third quarter..

Dr. Lonestar is in the building

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM

Agreed, Pitt is never an easy game.

A few advantages I think we have are 1) Obviously we're at home again, and 2) We'd prepared for their defense VERY recently where as our offense (and quite possibly Defense w/Del Rio) will be ENTIRELY different.

Doesn't guarantee anything, but...doesn't hurt.

lonestar
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Hummm... we talked about this weeks ago, Steelers at the Broncos to open the season. I thought this was great, and how maybe not that many Steeler fans would be at the game since Bronco fans would be excited to see Manning and not sell their tickets.

But it was pointed out that ticket scalpers had large blocks of tickets that they sell to the highest bidder.. which to me is disappointing.

THe visiting team gets a block of seveal thousnd tickets IIRC something close to 5K..

Most of those tickets that are for sale the week before a game are those that were blocked for the visiting team and returned..

SO right up front you have about 10% of the staduim with PIT fans..

Punisher
04-17-2012, 03:30 PM
IF he makes it to the third quarter..

Ah will see i think the team wouldn't sign him if his neck wasn't "football ready"

MVP-06
04-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Not to excited about our 96 mil. Investment going up against head hunter Harrison

Rabb
04-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I love this. Let's kick the tires on this thing and see where we are to start it all off. I haven't been this excited about a season in a long time, and coming off the playoff win that place will be electric.

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 03:35 PM
The steeler's throwback tweeted by Shefter (Not that they'll be wearing them vs Denver..)

DomCasual
04-17-2012, 03:38 PM
Laaame

Steelers fans are the worst. **** that team/fanbase

I do hate them. I hope we'll be able to shut them down on the secondary ticket market, since it's the home opener.

I will take the Red Sox fans as the worst in any sport, though. Man, I hate those people.

DomCasual
04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
I wonder if they'll wear their throwback uniforms. I'm not sure which is worse: these, or Green Bay's, with the numbers in the circles.

Hideous.

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/111f215c88cd11e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

campocorto
04-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Not to excited about our 96 mil. Investment going up against head hunter Harrison

I don't see why that matters. The Broncos were playing the Steelers at home this year, we already knew that going in.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM

It took 3 posts for someone to integrate tebows name into a thread that has nothing to do with him.

crush17
04-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Bring it on Pittsburgh.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Man, that's going to be completely surreal considering the last home game last season.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I do hate them. I hope we'll be able to shut them down on the secondary ticket market, since it's the home opener.

I will take the Red Sox fans as the worst in any sport, though. Man, I hate those people.

Yeah man. At the playoff game those douches weren't even watching the game, they would turn their backs to the field and talk trash to broncos fans, like counting their six super bowls on their fingers and crap. Needless to say, after that game winning pass I let it rip. **** those guys, seriously. Bandwagon loser fanbase

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 03:44 PM
The link Peter King is using for leaks. http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Or you could just wait another hour & 20 mins until they all come out.

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2012, 03:45 PM
****ing awesome! it feels like ages since the last time Denver opened the season at home.

bronco militia
04-17-2012, 03:47 PM
****ing awesome! it feels like ages since the last time Denver opened the season at home.

last year vs. oakland?

;D

DomCasual
04-17-2012, 03:47 PM

No kidding. I wish the US Open rights would get purchased by Versus, or the Nashville Network, or whatever.

bronco militia
04-17-2012, 03:48 PM
you guys have done a nice job of burying the memory of Kyle Orton

;D

campocorto
04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
last year vs. oakland?

;D

The last time they played on a Sunday afternoon at home was 2002 versus the St. Louis Rams, a FOX televised game with no U.S. Open conflict with CBS.

DomCasual
04-17-2012, 03:49 PM
last year vs. oakland?

;D

I think Kyle Orton and most everyone who follows the Broncos have <strike>fumbled</strike> blocked that game from their memories.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM
last year vs. oakland?

;D

I was gonna say.

I still don't know how I feel about this. Literally the last thing to remember from last season (attending) was the Tebow chants coming down the south stands ramp and all the way outside.

If we don't win that game... major major buzzkill.

KO5K
04-17-2012, 03:50 PM

;D

lol at DJ's latest tweet:

Teflon Dyme ‏ @DjWilliam55

Just posted a photo:

https://instagr.am/p/JiTLC5K5eI/media/?size=l

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 03:51 PM
It took 3 posts for someone to integrate tebows name into a thread that has nothing to do with him.

Yeah no ****. We played them at home regardless.

gunns
04-17-2012, 03:54 PM

You're just scared we might score in the first quarter. What a novelty!

Kaylore
04-17-2012, 03:55 PM
We'll win. We rarely lose our home opener. Our rare loss finally hit last year when Oakland had the game handed to them thanks to Orton giving the ball away on the 30. Time for another streak of consecutive home opening victories.

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 03:56 PM

It's extremely valid to mention Tebow in this thread because PIT was his last home game here. A great victory against the #1 defense that brought great joy to the city. It's a measuring stick for Manning because if Tebow did it with a "worst" team he should be able to win against a PIT team that has lost a lot of talent do to age.

Now people can even mention him when there are valid point to doing so? Stop the witch hunt. Damn you have been a lousy addition in most part to this board.

KO5K
04-17-2012, 03:56 PM

Probably not as scared as Manning is of facing Harrison.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/36888/741927-oh_snap_neck_super.jpg

Seewhatididthere?

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM
By the way... GO BRONCOS!!! I know there secondary must be really anxious about seeing DT again!!!

Punisher
04-17-2012, 03:57 PM

;D

http://i26.lulzimg.com/df6b30.jpg

gunns
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM

Seewhatididthere?

But scared nonetheless.

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 03:59 PM

;D

that never happened... it was a bad dream...

bendog
04-17-2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.theonion.com/articles/highlights-of-ben-roethlisbergers-wedding,20991/

I'm sort of surprised none of this came about.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:00 PM

Bad juju. Considering Peyton's averaged less than 20 ppg vs the Steelers.

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Your a b**** dude seriously, why don't you move on and admit you were here for Tebow n go root for the Jets because your b**** ass obviously wasn't a true Broncos fan before Tebow.

I see you already chimed in on PFT

ko5k says: Apr 17, 2012 5:53 PM

Pure lols if Manning, in his first game as a Bronco, loses to the team Tebow beat in the playoffs last year.

Even funnier if he gets knocked out of the game by Harrison.

This is a PR nightmare waiting to happen, good luck Elway!

Seewhatididthere?

little b**** just say how you feel man, stop hiding the truth just come out and say it like macgruder already say you want Broncos to fail and want Manning to fail, because your feelings are hurt that they moved on from Tebow.

KO5K
04-17-2012, 04:02 PM
Your a b**** dude seriously, why don't you move on and admit you were here for Tebow n go root for the Jets because your b**** ass obviously wasn't a true Broncos fan before Tebow.

little b**** just say how you feel, say you want Broncos to fail and want Manning to fail, because your feelings are hurt that they moved on from Tebow.

I never claimed otherwise.

I watch this sport for fun, guess what would make me laugh?

DBroncos4life
It's extremely valid to mention Tebow in this thread because PIT was his last home game here. A great victory against the #1 defense that brought great joy to the city. It's a measuring stick for Manning because if Tebow did it with a "worst" team he should be able to win against a PIT team that has lost a lot of talent do to age.

Now people can even mention him when there are valid point to doing so? Stop the witch hunt. Damn you have been a lousy addition in most part to this board.

How many of the Steelers starters will be out for this game?

Drunken.Broncoholic

Whatever. You bitch and moan when people bring his name up all the time. Just cause you got 3 asses jiggling on your AV doesn't mean you need to act like one. I ain't here to get your "approval" of my posts on a website.

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM

Sounds like a true pansy band wagon fence rider.

Log off the Mane and go join a Jets board you chump.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:03 PM

2?

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 04:04 PM

little b**** just say how you feel man, stop hiding the truth just come out and say it like macgruder already say you want Broncos to fail and want Manning to fail, because your feelings are hurt that they moved on from Tebow.

What a little bitch.

DomCasual

How odd that you spend time posting here?

lonestar
Ah will see i think the team wouldn't sign him if his neck wasn't "football ready"

We are playing PIT one of the best sacking machines in the NFL and probably the dirtiest at it. Fine wise I suspect they lead the league in them..

Now Manning is a great QB but it only takes one cheap shot and he is toast..

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Whatever. You b**** and moan when people bring his name up all the time. Just cause you got 3 asses jiggling on your AV doesn't mean you need to act like one. I ain't here to get your "approval" of my posts on a website.

He only gets mad when TonyR posts about Tebow.

KO5K
04-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a true pansy band wagon fence rider.

Log off the Mane and go join a Jets board you chump.

Can you give me a link?

Ambiguous
04-17-2012, 04:06 PM

Classy post you have over there at PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/17/peyton-manning-hosts-the-steelers-in-sunday-night-opener-on-nbc/

ko5k says:
Apr 17, 2012 5:53 PM
Pure lols if Manning, in his first game as a Bronco, loses to the team Tebow beat in the playoffs last year.

Even funnier if he gets knocked out of the game by Harrison.

This is a PR nightmare waiting to happen, good luck Elway!

lonestar
04-17-2012, 04:07 PM

Why does it bother you so much..

IURC he was the guy that knocked them out of the playoffs with one throw..

SOme of those guys just might have a hardon for the broncos..

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Week 2 is MNF @ ATL (Power of Peyton) and finish september in week 3 @ Home vs Houston.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-17-2012, 04:11 PM

I remember that! The game that began and ended with one throw.

Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:11 PM

Pssshhh. Pffffft.

They were like missing their second best safety. What did you expect?

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Can you give me a link?

Google it ho

lonestar
04-17-2012, 04:13 PM

the fact is that "great" victory cost us big time draft wise.. about 8 slots in the first and probably or more depending on the rotation if any during the rest of the draft..

much rather be picking @ 17 than a few minutes worth of celebration.. Especially when they kick our ass this year.. They most likely will have their complete team with them this time..

It was a cheap victory that meant nothing unless we would won it all.. IMO

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Google it ho

It won't do us any good. Other boards mods ban trolls so he will be back just like mcgruder.

KO5K
04-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Google it ho

I'd rather not interact with Jets fans.

I'll hand in my Broncos 'fan card' and accept a Broncos 'follower card'.

bendog
04-17-2012, 04:16 PM

It's perhaps of interest to the casual fan who has little interest in how the game is played and is more interested in hollywood type entertainment. But the fascinating thing of that game for a fan of the game was we had a defensive coordinator, who is in the HOF as a corner and considered a father of the zone-blitz, and who came up with a scheme that totally dissed Tebow's ability to hit a wide open reciever in zero coverage. And Teebs gashed him. I mean Teebs was pretty rugged in that game up till the end. But Dick LaBeau openly admitted "we didn't think he could do it."

It was a big franchise moment, and dusted off a lot of the McDaniel's stench.

But it'll have absolutely nothing to how LaBeau defends Manning.

EDIT, of course if Denver loses the IDIOTS on this board will be screaming louder than a woman giving birth without pain meds.

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM

How many of the Broncos starters will be out?

CHANGSTER
04-17-2012, 04:17 PM
the fact is that "great" victory cost us big time draft wise.. about 8 slots in the first and probably or more depending on the rotation if any during the rest of the draft..

much rather be picking @ 17 than a few minutes worth of celebration.. Especially when they kick our ass this year.. They most likely will have their complete team with them this time..

:oyvey:

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM
How many of the Broncos starters will be out?

Zero

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Why no one likes you here, at least on a Jets board you will have other guys there for the same reason.

Instead of sticking around waiting for something that probably wont happen so that you can try and shove it in Bronco's fans faces.

Man even some division opponent fans aren't this bad.....

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
It's perhaps of interest to the casual fan who has little interest in how the game is played and is more interested in hollywood type entertainment. But the fascinating thing of that game for a fan of the game was we had a defensive coordinator, who is in the HOF as a corner and considered a father of the zone-blitz, and who came up with a scheme that totally dissed Tebow's ability to hit a wide open reciever in zero coverage. And Teebs gashed him. I mean Teebs was pretty rugged in that game up till the end. But Dick LaBeau openly admitted "we didn't think he could do it."

It was a big franchise moment, and dusted off a lot of the McDaniel's stench.

But it'll have absolutely nothing to how LaBeau defends Manning.

Totally... for sure. You are 100% there. Still like they say... it's the last impression that counts. Still think we kick the crap out of them.

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 04:20 PM

lol...

Yeah, I felt the same way about The Drive and The Fumble....

Meaningless cuz we didn't win it all.....Seriously? A lil advice, man. Enjoy the great moments. It's a part of our history now.

The players in the draft are just potential Broncos waiting to play in games like the Pitt one.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:20 PM

Holy **** Man. Football is pointless without moments like those. Worrying about winning and how it impacts the draft? What's the point of playing?

KO5K
04-17-2012, 04:21 PM
Why no one likes you here, at least on a Jets board you will have other guys there for the same reason.

Hilarious!

I don't give a **** if people like me or not.

errand
04-17-2012, 04:22 PM

...isn't that what we're generally accused of doing? Nope, no circus here....Hilarious!

bendog
04-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Totally... for sure. You are 100% there. Still like they say... it's the last impression that counts. Still think we kick the crap out of them.

LaBeau looked like he was in shock. The moment was priceless.

Still, unfortunately if the Den loses, the IDOITS here will be screaming like crazy people in an asylum.

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 04:25 PM

Dude... what the hell. Where has this loser mentality come from? You watched the game right? It was magical and a turning point for our franchise. Yes... they will have there full starters except for some on the DL and LBs do to age, but so will we. We missed Kuppes, Decker, Dawkins... Miller with a cast. Stop using that excuse as to one of the reasons we won. We should be able to come on top easily with Peyton as long as the protection holds up.

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:25 PM
According to this which I bookmarked because I thought it was cool.

http://peytonmanning18.com/eachteam.html

Steelers never sacked Manning before. He also is 2-2 against them lifetime.

Steelers aren't as good as they once were tho and I like our chances at home openers. Can't wait. Primetime, opening Sunday Night, orange jerseys. Oh hell yeah!

errand
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Man, that's going to be completely surreal considering the last home game last season.

Well, given the fact that we beat them last time they came here, should give our team confidence that we can do it again, correct? And considering that overall we're 17-10-1 (.586) against them...I think we'll be fine.

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 04:26 PM

Meh. In all fairness, that 'someone' is only here for that reason.

Suprised it took 2 posts before he just started one on his own.

Play2win
04-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Blah blah Tebow blah blah Tebow

No doubt... didn't see that response coming AT ALL...

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Hilarious!

Yes you do.

Tebow frowns on your behavior, he wants you to move on. Yet you and gruder stick around.

I hope if you ever meet Tebow he reaches out with his hand and slaps you in the face. You wouldn't be able to sue him either because no ones gonna believe Tebow struck a fan.

lonestar
04-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Holy **** Man. Football is pointless without moments like those. Worrying about winning and how it impacts the draft? What's the point of playing?

Well now taht we have someone in charge that does not draft out of his ass I'd rather have 3-6 years of playoff wins against the elite teams not a cheap one that is "flawed" with all the injuries they had..

Just color me OLD school and patient enough to win when it counts.. in prelude to the lombardi..

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:33 PM

Steelers aren't as good as they once were tho and I like our chances at home openers. Can't wait. Primetime, opening Sunday Night, orange jerseys. Oh hell yeah!

The no sack thing is BS. They had 5 against him just in that 2006 playoff game (the week before we played them in the AFC Championship)

errand
04-17-2012, 04:36 PM

Yeah, winning a first round playoff game is a measuring stick to a guy that has played in two SB's winning one of them....Hilarious!

so then by your logic, why isn't it valid to bring Tebow up in ANY thread about the Broncos since it was the last team he played for?

lonestar
Dude... what the hell. Where has this loser mentality come from? You watched the game right? It was magical and a turning point for our franchise. Yes... they will have there full starters except for some on the DL and LBs do to age, but so will we. We missed Kuppes, Decker, Dawkins... Miller with a cast. Stop using that excuse as to one of the reasons we won. We should be able to come on top easily with Peyton as long as the protection holds up.

If you saw this as a turning point, you must be a kiddie..

THE Turning point in the franchise was when Pat B bought the team.. Since then it has mainly been up hill..

Another was Elway..

I've been around since day one, had season tickets for almost 20 years mostly before they had a winning season.. SO I savor the GOOD wins.

There were dark years when mikey was in total charge after his few winning years.. followed by almost a decade of not winning in the playoffs.

That game meant nothing to me but losing slots on the draft ladder..

KevinJames
The no sack thing is BS. They had 5 against him just in that 2006 playoff game (the week before we played them in the AFC Championship)

Oh hmm must be a regular season stat book.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Well now taht we have someone in charge that does not draft out of his ass I'd rather have 3-6 years of playoff wins against the elite teams not a cheap one that is "flawed" with all the injuries they had..

Just color me OLD school and patient enough to win when it counts.. in prelude to the lombardi..

There is a time in the NFL when teams are playing with less than their full roster of starters. It's called the playoffs.

lonestar
04-17-2012, 04:38 PM

Great for MAnning but how many times has he been on his back in those games..

How many cheap shots has PIT taken on QB's the past decade..

That is what bothers me..

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Great for MAnning but how many times has he been on his back in those games..

How many cheap shots has PIT taken on QB's the past decade..

That is what bothers me..

Yeah true but according to Manning, his doctors, our doctors and other doctors around the world weighing in on the procedure and recovery he is no more at risk than any other starting QB in the NFL would be.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 04:41 PM

No, because Peyton's only played the Steelers 4 times... playoffs or no.

Arkie
04-17-2012, 04:44 PM

The defense beat Ben and made him have funny faces.

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/16/31/uAwqt.St.4.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/16/31/sGtaP.St.4.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/19/46/rFdm5.St.4.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/19/46/GELHD.St.4.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/19/46/qyohf.St.4.jpg
http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/16/31/753xc.St.4.jpg

Mike Wallace has fond memories of Quinton Carter!

http://media.sacbee.com/smedia/2012/01/08/19/46/ADHA4.St.4.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mike+Wallace+Wild+Card+Playoffs+Pittsburgh+Y2s_iVE _4K2l.jpg

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/0/4a/04af8d46-3a51-11e1-a57e-0019bb30f31a/4f0a278850926.image.jpg

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:47 PM
^ damn Ayers was a beast that game!

Broncojef
04-17-2012, 04:49 PM

Yup I say bring it on. Get Peyton and Co. an early win and the fan base will see what we're made of.

errand
04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Bad juju. Considering Peyton's averaged less than 20 ppg vs the Steelers.

Peyton for his career is 2-2 vs. Steelers overall.....

His numbers are 90 of 151 (59.6%) for 1079 yards 7 TD's and 4 INT's....

....also averaging 7.1 yards per attempt with a longest of 80 yards (td) and a 85.9 QB rating.

I for one am not too concerned.....we are 17-10-1 vs Steelers regardless of who they did or didn't have, or what years we played them, and we don't lose many home openers as we're currently ranked 3rd overall in winning % with 31-18-1 overall opening day...Steelers are 38-32-4 on opening day btw....

bendog
04-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Could the diaphram perhaps be loud?

errand
04-17-2012, 04:55 PM

I'm gonna guess the Broncos getting their asses handed to them opening night vs Steelers with a Manning injury while Tebow comes off the bench in NY and rallies the team for the win?

guess you'll just jizz all over yourself then, huh?

I told you guys this is what the "new" fans Tebow brought here would be like....and yes, Beavis, there is a circus...and it is still here.

errand
04-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Ryan Clark will be out, that is unless he wants to risk death...and no game is worth that, right?

I mean yeah, cut your finger off, play on a broken leg perhaps...but death?

errand
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
We are playing PIT one of the best sacking machines in the NFL and probably the dirtiest at it. Fine wise I suspect they lead the league in them..

And I suspect the NFL will have the refs watching even more closely now, what with "bountygate" and all that....not to mention he's averaged being sacked only 17-18 times per season, how ever he's only been sacked 40 times his last three seasons he started....so he's gotten better with age at avoiding getting sacked.

Now Manning is a great QB but it only takes one cheap shot and he is toast..

Perhaps, he will be...then again, perhaps he'll play 48 straight regular season games for us. And isn't every player just one cheap shot away from a wheel chair?

in bold

errand
04-17-2012, 05:10 PM
He only gets mad when TonyR posts about Tebow.

Yeah, and when i do too...Hilarious!

I just find it amazing he inadvertedly admitted he's not a Broncos fan, I mean TonyR and I knew he really wasn't one, but to admit it to the rest of you guys? wow....

And yet, the circus existence is denied....

errand
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM

I suspect it really doesn't bother him...however since KO5K has bitched about the same thing many times, it just seemed only fair to point it out that it wasn't TonyR, or myself, or Drunken like we're always accused of by the likes of him.

errand
04-17-2012, 05:20 PM

I admit Tebow had his faults, but really...to complain he cost us draft position by winning a playoff game? then I guess Elway screwed us 5 times by your logic, since we drafted 31st or 32nd after every SB appearance

Not me...i'd rather keep picking later in the 1st round as it generally means you got a pretty good team that is contending....so if we win it all, you gonna bitch about drafting 32nd in 1st round? And who cares if they've got their complete team with them...the Broncos sport a 18-10-1 record vs steelers overall, regardless if they had a complete team or not...

So if we don't win the SB, you'd rather we not make the playoffs at all? riddle me this batman...how many teams have won the SB without making the playoffs first?

in bold

errand
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM

..and yet you'd rather post on a board that doesn't want to interact with you

Hilarious! sure you can peek at the box scores the next day.....and while you're at it, please compare and contrast the difference between your hero and our new QB

in bold

errand
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Hilarious!

well, that was obvious from the beginning, wouldn't ya say?

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 05:27 PM
The defense beat Ben and made him have funny faces.

Funny since PIT beat their season average for points.

Usually they win with defense.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Found 2 other games with 2 sacks each. Haven't found game 4 yet. So far they look like they've had lots of success hitting Peyton. But their 3-4 is great at hiding pressure.

errand
04-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Funny since PIT beat their season average for points.

Usually they win with defense.

Yes, the Steelers generally do win playing great defense....and Tebow made them pay for underestimating him and our team's ability to throw the ball should we bring our A game.

In fairness to LeBeau, I doubt he saw alot in tim's ability to throw the ball good enough, and he probably was done in by injuries to his D and his own arrogance thinking he could stuff 9 guys in the box and not pay a heavy price for it....

errand
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Found 2 other games with 2 sacks each. Haven't found game 4 yet. So far they look like they've had lots of success hitting Peyton. But their 3-4 is great at hiding pressure.

i don't think any Qb hasn't been sacked by the Steelers...they're a very good at pressuring QB's....but again Peyton has been sacked on average 17.7 times per season....or just over once a game. I'll take those odds against any team with his ability to make pre-snap reads and audibles....

lonestar
04-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Yeah true but according to Manning, his doctors, our doctors and other doctors around the world weighing in on the procedure and recovery he is no more at risk than any other starting QB in the NFL would be.

If you do nto think that this has placed even a bigger bullseye on his back then your smoking something good..

As for risk, anyone that thinks that having your spinal colum fused does not make playing the game more risky than a kid out of college. Well I have ocean front land for sale down the block from me..

Give me a PM and I'll set up an account to transfer money for it....

lonestar
04-17-2012, 11:24 PM
in bold

I'd love to be drafting 32 every year..

But to crow about a cheap assed playoff win based on a lucky guess and a luckier pass to lose out on college players between 18- and say 25 in each round well I'd rather have played a good game and lost it than lose out on the talent we could have had THIS year for the future of winning superbowls..

had that team been as full strengh it would not have been a contest..

Now I loved the sprit that tebow brough us and think it was stupid to trade him off because there is little doubt in my mind that Manning will not be here in season 2014. and we will be sucking hind teat again for another 10 years for a FQB..

BUT crowing about that win IMO is Male Bovine Excrement opposed to gathering talent for this years season..

I'll bet that chosen before 25 will have a more profound effect on their teams this coming year than #25 or later does.. To me that is worth it.. Building via the draft for LONG TERM wins..

lonestar
04-17-2012, 11:32 PM
i don't think any Qb hasn't been sacked by the Steelers...they're a very good at pressuring QB's....but again Peyton has been sacked on average 17.7 times per season....or just over once a game. I'll take those odds against any team with his ability to make pre-snap reads and audibles....

Again sacks do not equate to HITS on the QB's, SAcks do not equate to cheap hits.

and last but not least..

MAnning had a damned fine OL in INDY, experienced and more tools than he currently has to play with and certainly more timing with them than our kiddies..

While our OL was good at running the ball last year, pass protect well was not their strong point.. Not sure how many behind the LOS stuffs they gave up but I'd guess more than what Manning is used to in his past..

DO not underestimate PIT they have a master as a DC and he will not forget the playoff game.. Nor will he let his horses forget it either, as if they need more motivation..

One of the guys on NFLN tonight commented that Manning's game is all precision passing and that it will take more than OTA's and TC to get it down pat, might be until games 6-7 before they are near what he is used to..

errand
04-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Again sacks do not equate to HITS on the QB's, SAcks do not equate to cheap hits.

and last but not least..

MAnning had a damned fine OL in INDY, experienced and more tools than he currently has to play with and certainly more timing with them than our kiddies..

While our OL was good at running the ball last year, pass protect well was not their strong point.. Not sure how many behind the LOS stuffs they gave up but I'd guess more than what Manning is used to in his past..

DO not underestimate PIT they have a master as a DC and he will not forget the playoff game.. Nor will he let his horses forget it either, as if they need more motivation..

One of the guys on NFLN tonight commented that Manning's game is all precision passing and that it will take more than OTA's and TC to get it down pat, might be until games 6-7 before they are near what he is used to..

Well I guess someone needs to call ESPN and let them know the Broncos need to forfeit their opening game since you have it all figured out.....why even play the game?

BroncoBeavis
04-18-2012, 10:31 AM

and last but not least..

Geez, a full offseason and 5 or so games isn't enough for a 13 year vet to get in sync with his receivers? Where was all this brilliant analysis last year?

BroncoBeavis
04-18-2012, 10:33 AM

I found some stats on QB hits a couple weeks ago. Basically Peyton gets hit about 3 times for every sack he takes (on average)

So he's hit a lot more than he's sacked, but he's still not hit very often, compared to other QB's.

Whether that was all him or at least partly Indy's line... we'll finally get the chance to see.

DENVERDUI55
04-18-2012, 08:37 PM
I found some stats on QB hits a couple weeks ago. Basically Peyton gets hit about 3 times for every sack he takes (on average)

So he's hit a lot more than he's sacked, but he's still not hit very often, compared to other QB's.

Whether that was all him or at least partly Indy's line... we'll finally get the chance to see.

Link? What determines a hit or not? Does any QB get hit the same number as they are sacked?

BroncoBeavis
04-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Link? What determines a hit or not? Does any QB get hit the same number as they are sacked?

Uh, of course not. Every QB gets hit more than they're sacked.