PDA

View Full Version : Drug Appeals?

FantomForce
04-17-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't spend enough time on orangemane, simply because I don't remember seeing updates on our currently banned substance abusers. Any updates on whether they have appealed? If I remember right there was something crazy going on like D.J. Williams urine was actually some type of cat or animal urine???? Have I gone bonkers?

bendog
04-17-2012, 01:11 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/broncos-drug-test-suspensions_n_1342318.html

I think you are right that one of the "specimens" was "non-human." But the issue is the nfl cannot really tell whether the samples were the ones acutally given by the players, yet they still suspended them. Goodall isn't worth a urine sample.

Garcia Bronco
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/broncos-drug-test-suspensions_n_1342318.html

I think you are right that one of the "specimens" was "non-human." But the issue is the nfl cannot really tell whether the samples were the ones acutally given by the players, yet they still suspended them. Goodall isn't worth a urine sample.

this. And 1 was because one of the players was on prescription meds, but didnt have a piece of paper filed. They are suspending him over a piece of paper. One he shouldn't have to file IMO. I hope they win.

lonestar
04-17-2012, 01:17 PM
I hope they are not cut any slack, it is about time these divas learn that the rules apply to them and should learn how to live within them..

for Gods sake they are being paid millions to play a game, time to accept some responsiblity..

bendog
04-17-2012, 01:20 PM
this. And 1 was because one of the players was on prescription meds, but didnt have a piece of paper filed. They are suspending him over a piece of paper. One he shouldn't have to file IMO. I hope they win.

I think the prescrip drug one was the tight end, and I don't think he even appealed. But how can they admit they screwed up testing so bad they fired the guy who kept the specimuns and still suspend players?

gyldenlove
04-17-2012, 01:24 PM

They were human specimens they just had too low values of Immunoglobulin G which means they have either been diluted or tampered with.

Garcia Bronco
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
They were human specimens they just had too low values of Immunoglobulin G which means they have either been diluted or tampered with.

Allegedly.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 01:39 PM
Use synthetic piss

EZ game

bendog
04-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Allegedly.

Well I read non-human somewhere, but maybe not, and it's not really relevant. The issue is the league has total control over this. The collector/testing reports just to the league. The hearing officer who hears appeals works at the will of the commish. That can be seen as unfair, but then the olympic model has its problems too.

But, what we do know for sure is the collector so screwed it up, he got fired. So, the players are saying there's no way anyone could know whose sample was tested or even if their samples were lost, tossed or otherwise screwed up.

Seems pretty arbitrary to mess up a guy's livlihood if you can't say for sure the pee came from him.

http://thelegalblitz.com/blog/2012/03/21/transparency-problems-plague-nfl-drug-testing/

bendog
04-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Use synthetic piss

EZ game

Tebow could build ten orphanages selling his pee!

Hah, I hijacked the thread before mcgruder the teblower!

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2012, 01:45 PM

in all fairness to Goodell; DJ has been implicated in the drug crap a couple times before already. so it isn't surprising that he got suspended.

Virgil Green is the one that is not really a good call on the commissioners part as it is a prescribed medicine he was taking that he didn't know needed to be cleared by the league because he was a rookie. his suspension i can see being reduced. DJ's i hope remains as is and that we draft a replacement and cut ties with him.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Tebow could build ten orphanages selling his pee!

Hah, I hijacked the thread before mcgruder the teblower!

Dude is probably jacked on so many supplements

But I guess you could say that about most all the players

gyldenlove
04-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Allegedly.

There is nothing alleged about that, but how the tampering and or diluting happened has yet to be documented.

bendog
04-17-2012, 02:18 PM
in all fairness to Goodell; DJ has been implicated in the drug crap a couple times before already. so it isn't surprising that he got suspended.

Virgil Green is the one that is not really a good call on the commissioners part as it is a prescribed medicine he was taking that he didn't know needed to be cleared by the league because he was a rookie. his suspension i can see being reduced. DJ's i hope remains as is and that we draft a replacement and cut ties with him.

I'm not saying DJ is clean. I know he's got some alcohol infractions but didn't know about any drug stuff. But, Goodall has proven himself an owner's stooge. If DJ wins this thing, it'll be huge. I really thing the appeals hearing officer shoudl be a league employee, and whole drug testing system should be inside the league, or contracted by the league.

But, DJ has a constitutional right to his contract not being messed with if the messing is done arbitrarily. The league frired the tester for not adequately making sure the pee was from the right players.

bendog
04-17-2012, 02:19 PM
There is nothing alleged about that, but how the tampering and or diluting happened has yet to be documented.

oh, it is allegedly. IF the league can't show it was DJ's pee, they got a problem.

Garcia Bronco
04-17-2012, 02:20 PM

Lab techs make mistakes all the time.

bendog
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Lab techs make mistakes all the time.

Sure, but drug testing systems are supposed to take the error rate into account. A positive test puts a red flag on a guy for more tests and maybe a wrist slap. The hammer comes if there's a pattern. A six game suspension puts a guy's career in jeopardy. Bottom line, Goodall is more concerned with the brand name and owners profits than protecting a guy from losing a career cause some lab tech was so lazy he got fired, and the guy has not had a prior positive drug test.

And I'm the guy who gets hammered for saying Mark MaGuire should have gotten the Pete Rose treatment.

Kaylore
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM
His name is Goodell, not Goodall.

bendog
04-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Ain't much good about him at all.