PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos schedule analysis.

Bronco Rob
04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Denver Broncos schedule analysis

Breakdown: Peyton Manning’s first game as the Broncos’ quarterback will be against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the same team that former Denver quarterback, Tim Tebow, beat in the playoffs in his final game in Denver. The NFL will put Manning in the immediate spotlight as he will play his first game since the 2010 season against Pittsburgh on Sunday night in Week 1.

The Broncos have two Monday night game, starting in Week 2 at Atlanta. They play in Week 6 at San Diego as well. The power of Manning is strong. Denver hosts New Orleans in Week 8 on Sunday night football and plays at Oakland in Week 14 on Thursday night.

The Broncos have the second toughest schedule in the NFL, but they play three of their first four games at home and they play their final two games of the season at home.

Complaint department: It’s simply a byproduct of the tough schedule. There are no breaks. The season looks like one tough stretch. There are no breaks. Denver must take advantage of starting and finishing the season at home.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42806/denver-broncos-schedule-analysis-2

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- A day after the team's offseason conditioning program kicked off, the Broncos now know exactly what they're preparing for.

Denver's 2012 schedule was released on Tuesday, and it is highlighted by five primetime games -- two on Monday Night Football, two on Sunday Night Football and one on Thursday Night Football.

The campaign features matchups with seven teams that made the playoffs in 2011, including rematches with both of the Broncos' postseason opponents.

Before we get to the full schedule, here are a few notes on the 2012 slate:

•It will be the first time in franchise history the Broncos have opened the season with primetime games in back-to-back weeks.

•The five primetime national television broadcasts are the second most in team history.

•It's just the second time in franchise history that the Broncos have opened consecutive season in primetime -- the team played on Monday Night Football to open 2011.

•Denver's regular-season opponents had a combined record of 139-117 (.543) in 2011. That marks the second-toughest strength of schedule in the NFL.

•This marks the 21st consecutive season the Broncos have played on Monday Night Football, extending the longest active streak in the NFL. It is the second-longest such streak all-time.

•This will be the 13th consecutive season the Broncos have played at least one of the previous season's two Super Bowl teams.

•The schedule features games against the division champion from the AFC North, AFC South, AFC East and NFC South.

•It marks the second consecutive season the Broncos have opened at home after starting the season on the road for six straight years.

The team finalized its preseason schedule as well, which you can find here. The Broncos' 2012 regular-season schedule is laid out below.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-2012-Schedule-Announced/2a88ace6-632d-4def-9f2c-25a1ca5af2de

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-wHZT4ZExHA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronco Rob
04-17-2012, 12:03 PM
‎2012 Schedule: 5 Prime Time Games

1. Sun., Sept. 9 ... PITTSBURGH .. 6:20 p.m. ... NBC
2. Mon. Sept. 17 ... at Atlanta ... 6:30 p.m. ... ESPN
3. Sun. Sept. 23 ... HOUSTON ... 2:15 p.m. ... CBS
4. Sun. Sept. 30 ... OAKLAND ... 2:05 p.m. ... CBS
5. Sun. Oct. 7 ... at New England ... 2:15 p.m. ... CBS
6. Mon. Oct. 15 ... at San Diego ... 6:30 p.m. ... ESPN
7 BYE
8. Sun. Oct. 28 ... NEW ORLEANS ... 6:20 p.m. ... NBC
9. Sun. Nov. 4 ... at Cincinnati ... 11 a.m. ... CBS
10. Sun. Nov. 11 ... at Carolina ... 11 a.m. ... CBS
11. Sun. Nov. 18 ... SAN DIEGO ... 2:15 p.m. ... CBS
12. Sun. Nov. 25 ... at Kansas City ... 11 a.m. ... CBS
13. Sun. Dec. 2 ... TAMPA BAY ... 2:05 p.m. ... FOX
14. Thu. Dec. 6 ... at Oakland ... 6:20 p.m. ... NFLN
15. Sun. Dec. 16 ... at Baltimore ... 11 a.m. ... CBS
16. Sun. Dec. 23 ... CLEVELAND ... 2:05 p.m. ... CBS
17. Sun. Dec. 30 ... KANSAS CITY ... 2:15 p.m. ... CBS

:sunshine:

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Week 1 Sunday 9/9/2012 Texans @ Broncos NBC 8:20 PM

Week 2 Thursday 9/13/2012 Broncos @ Chargers NFLN 8:20 PM

Week 12 Sunday 11/25/2012 Broncos @ Ravens NBC 8:20 PM

Week 16 Monday 12/24/2012 Broncos @ Raiders ESPN 8:00 PM

Is this a guess? Or going off the 'fake' schedule release, or....?

Kaylore
04-17-2012, 12:17 PM

It's making fun of the fake schedule.

We will open at home! Awesome. :approve:

Bronco Rob
04-17-2012, 12:17 PM

http://www.nowpublic.com/sports/nfl-2012-schedule-leaked-copy-alleged-complete-nfl-schedule-2916697.html

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
It's making fun of the fake schedule.

We will open at home! Awesome. :approve:

I anticipate at least 9 regular season prime time home games this year.

BroncoMan4ever
04-17-2012, 12:46 PM
i honestly would rather the Steelers for week 1 and hold off on the Peyton Brady bowl until near the end of the season. by that time, Peyton's rust will have worn off and the team should be firing on all cylinders. It would make that game a hell of a lot more fun. it should be one of those late games that gets flexed to primetime.

Bronco Rob
04-17-2012, 04:48 PM

bpc
04-17-2012, 04:52 PM
First two months look brutal. Hope Peyton is healthy.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2012, 05:05 PM
Some teams we think will be good won't...this happens every single year

CEH
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Mannings been playing 1st place schedules for 10+ straight years
Nothing new to him

baja
04-17-2012, 05:13 PM
4 and 12

Arkie
04-17-2012, 05:35 PM
It looks like they tried to schedule all the prime time games in the first 7 games in case Peyton can't finish the season.

7 BYE

Gcver2ver3
04-17-2012, 05:44 PM
i don't see more than 3 losses...

thats right you heard me...

Beantown Bronco
04-17-2012, 06:55 PM
i don't see more than 3 losses...

thats right you heard me...

But what about after the bye week?

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 07:48 PM
Mannings been playing 1st place schedules for 10+ straight years
Nothing new to him

You do know that "first place schedule" means 2 games different than what they might've been, while sitting in a cushy cupcake 6-game division schedule.

"Strength of Schedule" in the NFL is largely irrelevant year to year. You can have a tough schedule, but it generally has nothing to do with how you placed the year before.

SportinOne
04-17-2012, 08:40 PM
It looks like they tried to schedule all the prime time games in the first 7 games in case Peyton can't finish the season.

7 BYE

Well, that, and also in the second half of the season they can flex us to prime time, anyway.. It's a win-win situation for them.

ZONA
04-17-2012, 11:54 PM
Is it just me or don't we always seem to have one of the toughest friggin schedules in the league. Don't matter if we're a good team or suck, we never get an easy schedule.

BroncoMan4ever
04-18-2012, 01:23 AM
anyone else think that Baltimore game at the end of the season is more than likely going to get flexed?

Denver is going to be on national television a lot this season

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 02:54 AM
4 and 12

^5

UberBroncoMan
04-18-2012, 03:09 AM
anyone else think that Baltimore game at the end of the season is more than likely going to get flexed?

Denver is going to be on national television a lot this season

We're lucky on our Thursday night game too since we get extra time before Balt.

Our Bye as well since we get to prep for the Aints.

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 04:04 AM
The prodigious Jason Vida of ESPN Stats & Information has come up with some nuggets for each team’s 2012 schedule. Let’s take a look at what he has come up for the four AFC West teams:

DENVER BRONCOS

Five prime-time games are tied for most of any team, including the first two games and four of the first seven games

Denver faces 2011 playoff teams in its first three games and six of its first eight games (only face 1 2011 playoff team in final eight games).

KANSAS CITY CHEFS

The Chiefs have two stretches from Oct. 14 to Nov. 12 when they have at least 11 calendar days between games.

The final six games are against teams that did not have a winning record in 2011.

OAKLAND RAIDERS

The Raiders leave the state of California once in the final five games.

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

The Chargers have four straight games against 2011 playoff teams in Weeks 11-14.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42891/schedule-odds-and-ends

Durango
04-18-2012, 04:05 AM
This schedule is loaded with games we may be talking about ten years from now. As a ticket holder, I can't believe how enjoyable it will be. The Broncos need to be up to the task of course, but I honestly believe they will be.

11-5

DENVERDUI55
04-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Is it just me or don't we always seem to have one of the toughest friggin schedules in the league. Don't matter if we're a good team or suck, we never get an easy schedule.

Yeah luck of the draw you know. With the way its predetermined you never know what SOS will look like.

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Peyton vs. Brady in Week 5 a highlight in Broncos’ schedule

The NFL clearly views the Denver Broncos as one of the marquee teams this season, with the schedule that was released today showing that the league office wants Peyton Manning on national television as often as possible.

We already noted that the Broncos open the season at home against the Steelers on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, but it turns out that the Broncos actually have their first two games in prime time: In Week Two Denver is at Atlanta on ESPN’s Monday Night Football.

But the game that could be among the biggest of the entire 2012 NFL regular season is in Week Five, when Manning and the Broncos visit Tom Brady and the New England Patriots. When Manning’s Colts played the Patriots it was often the NFL’s most-watched game of the season, and now Manning’s Broncos against the Patriots may be as well. That Week Five contest is a Sunday afternoon game on CBS.

The Broncos have another Monday night prime time game against the Chargers Week Six, a Sunday night prime time game against the Saints Week Eight, and a Thursday night prime time game against the Raiders Week 14.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 05:52 AM
Here’s what the Broncos should expect in 2012 after the NFL released Denver’s schedule on Tuesday (and here’s a go-to link to the Broncos 2012 schedule with links):

Week 1
Sunday, Sept. 9
Steelers … Sports Authority Field … 6:20 p.m. MDT, NBC
Peyton Manning will try to do in first game of 2012 what Tim Tebow did in last home game of 2011 season: Outduel Ben Roethlisberger and outfox Dick LeBeau.

Week 2
Monday, Sept. 17
at Falcons … Georgia Dome … 6:30 p.m. MDT, ESPN
Regular season is a tough time to play the Falcons. They have averaged 11 wins in Matt Ryan’s four-season career.

Week 3
Sunday, Sept. 23
Texans … Sports Authority Field … 2:15 p.m. CBS
Gary Kubiak’s restructured team should have QB Matt Schaub back healthy, but they’ll be without Mario Williams, Joe Dreessen, Eric Winston, LB Demeco Ryans.

Week 4
Sunday, Sept. 30
Raiders … Sports Authority Field … 2:05 p.m. MDT CBS
The first game the rival Raiders will play in Denver since legendary owner Al Davis passed away. The 2011 season-opener in Denver was the last game Davis attended.

Week 5
Sunday, Oct. 7
at Patriots … Gillette Stadium … 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS
The greatest QB rivalry of all-time: Manning vs. Brady. After Brady’s Pats won the first six, Manning has won four of the last six.

Week 6
Monday, Oct. 15
at Chargers … Qualcomm Stadium … 6:30 p.m. ESPN
Before anointing repeat AFC West title to Broncos, remember that Philip Rivers is 4-1 lifetime in head-to-head games against Manning.

Week 7 … Bye

Week 8
Sunday, Oct. 28
Saints …. Sports Authority Field … 6:20 MDT NBC
Manning will have Tracy Porter on his side this time. Bounty scandal makes this game more winnable.

Week 9
Sunday, Nov. 4
at Bengals …. Paul Brown Stadium … 11 a.m. MST, CBS
Can Peyton Manning cover A.J. Green? In game 2 in Denver last year, the rookie had 10 catches for 124 yards and a TD.

Week 10
Sunday, Nov. 11
at Panthers …. Bank of America Stadium … 11 a.m. MST CBS
John Fox returns to where he coached for nine seasons, three that were 11-5 or better.

Week 11
Sunday, Nov. 18
Chargers … Sports Authority Field … 2:15 p.m. MST, CBS
San Diego lost three key offensive players in G Kris Dielman (retirement), WR Vincent Jackson (free agency, Tampa Bay) and RB Mike Tolbert (free agency, Carolina).

Week 12
Sunday, Nov. 25
at Chiefs … Arrowhead Stadium … 11 a.m. MST, CBS
New Chiefs’ backup Brady Quinn would have plenty of secrets about Broncos’ offense — except Broncos’ offense figures to change with Manning.

Week 13
Sunday, Dec. 2
Buccaneers … Sports Authority Field … 2:05 p.m. MST, FOX
College coach Greg Schiano is the Bucs’ third head coach in five years.

Week 14
Thursday, Dec. 6
Raiders … O.co Coliseum … 6:20 p.m. MST, NFL Network
Once again, the Raiders have a new head coach. Former Broncos defensive coordinator Dennis Allen is their third in three years, four in five years and six in eight years.

Week 15
Sunday, Dec. 16
at Ravens … M&T Bank Stadium … 11 a.m. MST, CBS
Broncos are 0-5 lifetime against Ravens in Baltimore, losing by 14, 23, 20, 11 and 18 points.

Week 16
Sunday, Dec. 23
Browns … Sports Authority Field … 2:05 p.m. MST, CBS
Colt McCoy is going to break the hex the Broncos have on Cleveland?

Week 17
Sunday, Dec. 30
Chiefs …. Sports Authority Field … 2:15 p.m. MST, CBS
Had it not been for the Broncos signing Manning, Chiefs might have been the team to beat in AFC West with the return of Jamaal Charles, Eric Berry and
Tony Moeaki.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/04/17/broncos-max-5-primetime-games-2012-schedule/13048/

Kaylore
04-18-2012, 06:12 AM
This schedule is loaded with games we may be talking about ten years from now. As a ticket holder, I can't believe how enjoyable it will be. The Broncos need to be up to the task of course, but I honestly believe they will be.

11-5

I agree with this (except the record prediction). This will be a really fun season of really good football.

HighCountryBronco
04-18-2012, 07:42 AM
At least we don't play S.F. or N.Y.G. in regular season. Their defenses scare me.

HighCountryBronco
04-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Superbowl, though, that is a different story.

CEH
04-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Schedule is about opposing QB , health and when they play the team

Denver has the better QB in 14 out of 16 with NE and NO up for debate

First 8 weeks 4-4 would be good becuase they have to get better for Nov Dec.

Staying healthy I like the back half at 7-1

11-5

peacepipe
04-18-2012, 08:15 AM

11-5

couldn't agree more. I'm alittle more optimistic about the 1st 8 games(5-3) but overall you're right on target with this asessment.

mwill07
04-18-2012, 09:57 AM

11-5

we haven't gone 2-2 or better in December for a really long time. I'm afraid that if we don't get off to a strong start, we will have trouble making up ground late.

We always seem to fade late, regardless of how the schedule looks.

CEH
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM
we haven't gone 2-2 or better in December for a really long time. I'm afraid that if we don't get off to a strong start, we will have trouble making up ground late.

We always seem to fade late, regardless of how the schedule looks.

We have a new stud trainer and a new stud QB

BroncoBen
04-18-2012, 09:59 AM

First 8 weeks 4-4 would be good because they have to get better for Nov Dec.

11-5

I agree.. this is how I look at schedules, what QBs are the Broncos playing.

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 10:40 AM

11-5

:strong:

Chris
04-18-2012, 10:45 AM
I agree.. this is how I look at schedules, what QBs are the Broncos playing.

I try to look at that but then I just see your damn avatars. Rename yourself BroncoDistract

Bronco Rob
04-18-2012, 09:34 PM
I try to look at that but then I just see your damn avatars. Rename yourself BroncoDistract

Hilarious!