PDA

View Full Version : McGahee: "We're the favorites in the AFC"

Mile High Salute
04-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Went to XFinity Live at the tavern tonight and got to meet Willis McGahee. Really nice guy! Surprisingly friendly and down to earth. He said one thing in particular that caught my attention. Some doofus in the audience said he thought that Houston should be considered the favorite in the AFC (LOL).

McGahee's response: "I disagree. I think we're the favorites in the AFC." Great to see that kind of confidence! Manning, Fox, and Elway are raising the bar for everybody. Offseason workouts started today, and I'm more excited for this season than any in recent memory. Can't wait! (Copyright, Bart Scott)

GO BRONCOS!!! :thumbsup::bronxrox:

El Jué
04-16-2012, 11:43 PM
What you talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Seriously, dude. Shut up.

broncocalijohn
04-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Muile High Salute, I doubt you would know this but when a poster goes and meets a Bronco or tells us he knows a bronco, you ALWAYS come here first by starting a thread on "What questions do you want me to ask (the Bronco)?" That is how it is done since the great Cutlerfan started it in 08.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 11:50 PM
I feel like guys are just expecting Peyton Manning to come in and magically fix things.. you listen to a lot of people and it's like the Broncos have already won the superbowl. That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was. If they think things are going to be easy compared to last season they are going to go down hard.

Mile High Salute
04-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Muile High Salute, I doubt you would know this but when a poster goes and meets a Bronco or tells us he knows a bronco, you ALWAYS come here first by starting a thread on "What questions do you want me to ask (the Bronco)?" That is how it is done since the great Cutlerfan started it in 08.

Ha ha - that wasn't my question. I asked if he had talked to TD about the Mile High Salute (Vic didn't read the second part of my question, which was what does it mean to him to be part of the tradition of great Broncos running backs). Duly noted, though, for the next time - you can probably tell I'm new to the forum.

P.S. Your avatar is epic!! LOL

Mogulseeker
04-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Went to XFinity Live at the tavern tonight and got to meet Willis McGahee. Really nice guy! Surprisingly friendly and down to earth. He said one thing in particular that caught my attention. Some doofus in the audience said he thought that Houston should be considered the favorite in the AFC (LOL).

McGahee's response: "I disagree. I think we're the favorites in the AFC." Great to see that kind of confidence! Manning, Fox, and Elway are raising the bar for everybody. Offseason workouts started today, and I'm more excited for this season than any in recent memory. Can't wait! (Copyright, Bart Scott)

GO BRONCOS!!! :thumbsup::bronxrox:

I saw a bumper sticker driving home on Sante Fe today that read "Bring back Tebow. Trade Elway."

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2012, 12:57 AM
What else was he supposed to say?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-17-2012, 12:58 AM
I feel like guys are just expecting Peyton Manning to come in and magically fix things.. you listen to a lot of people and it's like the Broncos have already won the superbowl. That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was. If they think things are going to be easy compared to last season they are going to go down hard.

Well all enjoyed tim, but youre underestimating how lucky we were.

Ronnie Tsunami
04-17-2012, 01:41 AM
Willis SHUT THE **** UP

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 01:47 AM
Willis SHUT THE **** UP

why?

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Well all enjoyed tim, but youre underestimating how lucky we were.

Being the best running team in the NFL doesn't involve luck.. and doing it with only McGahee is freaking unbelievable... That's the ignored Tebow effect..

People forget that you can't be a great running team like that if you can't pass either..

broncocalijohn
04-17-2012, 02:05 AM
Being the best running team in the NFL doesn't involve luck.. and doing it with only McGahee is freaking unbelievable... That's the ignored Tebow effect..

People forget that you can't be a great running team like that if you can't pass either..

Not sure why I took this post off iggy but I will bite.

With a passing game now in Denver, this should also open up the running game. Opponents knew we were going to run and for the most part, had moderate success at doing that on 1st and 2nd down. We built up a ton of yards on the ground but it took a lot of plays. We won't need that type of offense when Manning is throwing the ball short, in the backfield or deep. I see some gaps in between our OLine for some nice holes. With the Jets on the East Coast, you probably can catch the full games of the Broncos too. You all snuggly in your Tebow Blanket down in Jacksonville while you scream at your tv to "Bring Tebow in!" and then a few hours later get to watch the guy who replaced Tebow, how cool is that?

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 02:26 AM
Not sure why I took this post off iggy but I will bite.

With a passing game now in Denver, this should also open up the running game.

Can Peyton take the hits Tebow did to throw the ball deep though? That is what opens the run game.. and Tebow's running ability forced teams to force him to stay in the pocket allowing him to throw deep without trying to hit him.

This is a big reason orton was so horrible throwing deep.. because teams knew he wouldn't stand in the pocket and had no mobility. With a geriatric Peyton I see him beiong Ortloike in that regard.. then you get dinking and dunking.. and thatkills your run game just like it did with Orton. You need Welker Gronk, Hernandez and Belichick's brilliance to pull that off.

Opponents knew we were going to run and for the most part, had moderate success at doing that on 1st and 2nd down. We built up a ton of yards on the ground but it took a lot of plays.

This is what makles it so incredible though.. teams KNEW every play the Broncos would run Fox was so predictable.. and yet Tebow made the run game so unstoppable they still couldn't stop it. This is why the Steelers were so consumed with the run..

With the Jets on the East Coast, you probably can catch the full games of the Broncos too. You all snuggly in your Tebow Blanket down in Jacksonville while you scream at your tv to "Bring Tebow in!" and then a few hours later get to watch the guy who replaced Tebow, how cool is that?

It will definitely be fun to watch.. I'm not from Florida though.. I have no bias.. that's just people projecting.. haha

Shananahan
04-17-2012, 02:41 AM
We can now add the word 'bias' to the running list of things Macgruder doesn't understand.

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 02:51 AM
We can now add the word 'bias' to the running list of things Macgruder doesn't understand.

You're projecting... and grasping at straws...

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 03:24 AM
Who's Tebow?

Ronnie Tsunami
04-17-2012, 05:25 AM
why?

bulletin board material for other teams
human nature shows you work harder when youre an underdog
its incredibly cocky
its not true at all
we've earned nothing so far

Bronco_Beerslug
04-17-2012, 06:09 AM
That is a sure sign of disaster because people forget how bad the team was last season and underestimate how good Tebow was.
Why are you here, you should be in NY defending Tim from all those terrible NY fans booing him.

You obviously are not a Bronco fan.

gunns
04-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Can Peyton take the hits Tebow did to throw the ball deep though? That is what opens the run game.. and Tebow's running ability forced teams to force him to stay in the pocket allowing him to throw deep without trying to hit him.

This is a big reason orton was so horrible throwing deep.. because teams knew he wouldn't stand in the pocket and had no mobility. With a geriatric Peyton I see him beiong Ortloike in that regard.. then you get dinking and dunking.. and thatkills your run game just like it did with Orton. You need Welker Gronk, Hernandez and Belichick's brilliance to pull that off.

This is what makles it so incredible though.. teams KNEW every play the Broncos would run Fox was so predictable.. and yet Tebow made the run game so unstoppable they still couldn't stop it. This is why the Steelers were so consumed with the run..

It will definitely be fun to watch.. I'm not from Florida though.. I have no bias.. that's just people projecting.. haha

Comparing Manning to Orton. Priceless. You go out of your way to prove your own stupidity.

I don't think Peyton will have to worry about the hits Tebow took because he won't be holding onto the ball for an eternity. And if our run game takes a hit because there is no Tebow running, but Manning is making his throws, that's just fine and dandy also. You may not be from Florida but you have a serious, irrational crush on Tebow. I'm sure by the end of the season there will be a thread, "What ever happened to that MacGruder guy?" Oh yeah he was wrong and disappeared.

Rabb
04-17-2012, 07:44 AM
How is MacGruder not blatantly trolling at this point and ruining just about every thread? Come on mods, seriously.

I ignore the guy myself, wish more would do the same.

Rohirrim
04-17-2012, 07:50 AM
Hell, two more years and Tebow is out of the league, working hard to bring Christianity to all the Catholics in the Phillippines. This too shall pass. ;D

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 08:02 AM
its incredibly cocky
its not true at all

Do you know how many players say this at events like this? Odds are we are the only people that read about this.

BroncsCheer
04-17-2012, 08:27 AM
Hell, two more years and Tebow is out of the league, working hard to bring Christianity to all the Catholics in the Phillippines. This too shall pass. ;D

don't the catholics already have it?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-17-2012, 08:39 AM
How is MacGruder not blatantly trolling at this point and ruining just about every thread? Come on mods, seriously.

Quoted for truth. All of it, including the ignoring bit.

Rohirrim
04-17-2012, 08:54 AM

That's what I thought too, but I guess the Tebows don't. They've been working for years over there.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
That's what I thought too, but I guess the Tebows don't. They've been working for years over there.

really, you're going there now Roh? Seriously, get a life.

TonyR
04-17-2012, 09:15 AM

With 73.8 million members in 2005, it is the predominant religion, making the Philippines the third largest Catholic state in the world after Brazil and Mexico. It is also one of the two predominantly Catholic countries in Asia, the other being East Timor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Catholicism_in_the_Philippines

I have an uncle who's a Catholic priest and he's been a missionary in the Philippines for over 50 years. Apparently Tebow's parents were Baptist missionaries when he was born.

bendog
04-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Do you know how many players say this at events like this? Odds are we are the only people that read about this.

yeah. offseason stuff is not trash. And honestly the Pats don't really have much defense, Houston lost their best defender and probably their best offensive lineman, and at this pt Balt is probably the best of last year's AFC playoff teams, but if Peyton is close to 100%, Den can beat them.

CEH
04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
yeah. offseason stuff is not trash. And honestly the Pats don't really have much defense, Houston lost their best defender and probably their best offensive lineman, and at this pt Balt is probably the best of last year's AFC playoff teams, but if Peyton is close to 100%, Den can beat them.

Houston is loaded. Add in Kendall Wright and HOU is the favorite

Williams only played 5 games last year. Shaub missed 40%. Have SHaub for all 16 and they are in the AFCCG last year without Williams

errand
04-17-2012, 09:45 AM
I saw a bumper sticker driving home on Sante Fe today that read "Bring back Tebow. Trade Elway."

"Circus? What circus? It doesn't exist....." - Bronco Beavis

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Calvin Johnson just said that if the Lions stay healthy they are going to the SUper Bowl...

what a pompous jerk, right?

hopefully the Broncos can use this as bulletin board material

SMH

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Schaub is made of glass. I have a hard time calling them favorites when EVERY year the injury bug just settles in Houston.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Calvin Johnson just said that if the Lions stay healthy they are going to the SUper Bowl...

what a pompous jerk, right?

hopefully the Broncos can use this as bulletin board material

SMH

Well if the Broncs meet Megatron next year, it'll be in the Super Bowl so it wouldn't have very much bite at that point. :)

errand
04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
its incredibly cocky
its not true at all

Prior to SB III, upon hearing a Colts player heckle him at a media dinner event, Jets QB Joe Namath looked at him, pointed his finger at his tormentor and stated "We're gonna win the game this Sunday...I guarantee it!"

And that ladies and gentlemen is the kind of guy you want on your team.....

I want the guy that believes in his, and his team's ability to get the job done, and isn't afraid to say it. Sure it can come back to bite him in the ass if the Broncos lay an egg, but so what?

Would you rather him say meekly that "Aw shucks, the Texans are a really good team, and we just hope to go out and play our best and hopefully win some games and be the best we can be..." ?

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 09:55 AM
Well we do have an insanely tough schedule and a new offense filled with young players. But swagger is always good. Still we just started the program... no coaching yet. A little too early talking about favorites. An injury could always hit in training camp (like they usually do around the league), and change the landscape.

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 09:57 AM
Well if the Broncs meet Megatron next year, it'll be in the Super Bowl so it wouldn't have very much bite at that point. :)

I was being completely sarcastic in response to people having a problem with one of our guys talking with confidence

errand
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Williams only played 5 games last year. Shaub missed 40%. Have SHaub for all 16 and they are in the AFCCG last year without Williams

That's the problem though for Texans fans...having Schaub for 16 . Ironically their only playoff appearance and win came in a year he missed 40% of the games....

He seems to be one of the unluckiest or injury prone QB's in the last decade.

errand
04-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Well we do have an insanely tough schedule and a new offense filled with young players. But swagger is always good. Still we just started the program... no coaching yet. A little too early talking about favorites. An injury could always hit in training camp (like they usually do around the league), and change the landscape.

True, there are way too many things that may or may not happen this season...injuries, Father Time catching up to players, the "sophomore slump" and the "rookie wall"...but we stand just as good a chance as anyone else (since we're all 0-0 right now)...and the main reason for the optimism is Peyton Manning being on our team.

They say the best way to keep Manning from beating you is to keep the ball away from him....well, Elway and Co. have guaranteed we won't lose to a Peyton Manning led team again.

Now, onto finding a way to sign Brady....:giggle:

bendog
04-17-2012, 10:13 AM
http://www.chargers.com/schedule/2012-opponents.html

The difficulty of schedule thing is not unique to Den, and assuming Peyton's healthy, I think Den's chances of winning the division are good, and nine wins could even do it. Once in the playoffs, anything can happen. Tenn's idiot owner certainly didn't help them out, but if the oline and Chris Johnson can return to form, Hou isn't going to be handed anything.

I think Pitt is in the hunt too.

BroncoBen
04-17-2012, 10:16 AM
its incredibly cocky
its not true at all

Well if 'Bulletin Board' material is needed to motavate a individual or team, then that individual or team is that much more at a disavantage.

People talk, just go out bust your butt ..

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 10:21 AM
I was being completely sarcastic in response to people having a problem with one of our guys talking with confidence

No, I know.

I just thought it was a funny idea. Posting bulletin board material of CJ saying they'd make it to the Super Bowl right before playing them in the Super Bowl.

Ronnie Tsunami
04-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Would you rather him say meekly that "Aw shucks, the Texans are a really good team, and we just hope to go out and play our best and hopefully win some games and be the best we can be..." ?

option c: i'd rather have a guy that sees things how they are and will put in the necessary work to try and beat a team that will give them a hard time. i'm sorry, but any player that thinks the broncos are the premier team to beat in the AFC right now is putting himself at a disadvantage.

case in point, the 2011 philadelphia eagles. the entire roster proclaimed themselves superbowl favorites, and look what happened.

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 11:03 AM
Comparing Manning to Orton. Priceless. You go out of your way to prove your own stupidity.

Orton put up Dan Marinoesque numbers with McD.. and this isn't Peyton in his prime... people are living in the past on this one... Peyton looked as old as Fox and Elway whe he was hanging with them.

I don't think Peyton will have to worry about the hits Tebow took because he won't be holding onto the ball for an eternity.

I saw a segment ESPN did on Peyton 2 seasons ago when he was healthy.. he was getting DRILLED on ever pass.. even short passes.. this is what I have been telling,people all along.. in this era you can't protect pocket QBs.. the only one who can do this consistently is Belichick with Brady. On the Broncos team behind their Oline it is going to be far worse.

You may not be from Florida but you have a serious, irrational crush on Tebow. I'm sure by the end of the season there will be a thread, "What ever happened to that MacGruder guy?" Oh yeah he was wrong and disappeared.

So Tebow led a horrible team and coach to a win over the best D in the playoffs and I['m still considered irrational? Did yous ee the Tebow press conference in New York that was bigger than Peyton's? LOL

Someone's irrational but it's not me...

Mile High Salute
04-17-2012, 12:26 PM

I can't see Houston coming out of the AFC. They won a weak division by default only because Manning didn't play, Chris Johnson was never himself after holding out, and Jacksonville is a train wreck. The planets aligned for them. Now they've lost Mario Williams and QB is still a question mark. (Sorry but Schaub is overrated, and why they didn't go after Manning we'll never know.)

They might win the South again, but I can't see them getting past New England, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, or the Broncos. And I'd pick the Broncos right now just ahead of Baltimore (their offense is still not good, and their D is aging and not what it used to be) and Pittsburgh (they lost to Tebow Hilarious!). New England is the biggest threat to Denver getting back to the Super Bowl IMHO. And while the Pats upgraded on offense, their D still stinks. Have to think Manning and co. will be able to make a rematch much more interesting, so the idea of coming out of the AFC can at least be entertained.

I guess I don't think Willis was that far off base. And I'm glad to see the confidence and raised expectations. After all, now that EFX dumped :tebow: and threw a kajillion dollars at Manning for probably only a few years, the team SHOULD be shooting to make it back to the Super Bowl.
:bronxrox:

Ambiguous
04-17-2012, 12:34 PM

This. Someone please get this guy out of here, he ruins every thread. I come to this site less because of it.

Old Dude
04-17-2012, 12:39 PM
If I banned everyone I disagreed with around here, there wouldn't be anyone left. Not even me.

Ambiguous
04-17-2012, 12:48 PM
If I banned everyone I disagreed with around here, there wouldn't be anyone left. Not even me.

Disagreement is one thing, outright stupidity and spamming threads with it is another.

Agamemnon
04-17-2012, 02:06 PM

Evangelical Christians don't see Catholicism as really being Christian. I thought this was widely understood...

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM

If you banned a troll before he became a virus you wouldn't have as much hate towards Tebow and as much inner fan fighting.,

TonyR
04-17-2012, 02:12 PM
Evangelical Christians don't see Catholicism as really being Christian.

I don't know that that's true. Evangelicals and Catholics certainly have their differences but I don't think either would claim the other isn't Christian.

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 02:16 PM
Disagreement is one thing, outright stupidity and spamming threads with it is another.

Then Elway should be banned for trading the most marketable player in the NFL and spamming every radio station and trolling Tebow...

Have you ever seen a pro sports executive talk to the media as much as Elway?

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Then Elway should be banned for trading the most marketable player in the NFL and spamming every radio station and trolling Tebow...

how about George Steinbrenner, Mark Cuban and Jim Irsay

just to name a few

bendog
04-17-2012, 02:22 PM
I saw Magic on Today this week! go Dodgers. God knows with the Rox and their management I need something else.

Kaylore
04-17-2012, 02:34 PM

Yes. They all do, and he's the executive responsible for trading Tebow and signing Manning, two of the most popular football players in the NFL. Of course the media is going to be hounding him.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 02:35 PM

lol wat

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Evangelical Christians don't see Catholicism as really being Christian. I thought this was widely understood...

That's pretty retarded if true

Kaylore
04-17-2012, 02:38 PM

It is both true and retarded. I'm Mormon and apparently worship El Diablo! :)

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 02:43 PM

I don't think that's really the rationale behind most missionary work in third world countries. Different people are working for different purposes.

One, you'll find many missionaries who go where they feel there is need, regardless of whether they think the majority of people there share their faith.

Two, in many countries with traditional state ties to a church (as the Philippines had under Spanish colonial rule) people tend to be assumed members of "The Church" even if they never set foot in one, or have no idea what it stands for.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 02:58 PM

What do you expect, Joe Ellis?

KO5K
04-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Not even the AFC West favorites.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 03:11 PM

lol

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 03:21 PM

Hilarious!

TheChamp24
04-17-2012, 03:29 PM

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/006/491/stop-posting-animated.gif

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 03:37 PM
It is both true and retarded. I'm Mormon and apparently worship El Diablo! :)

Funny, that's the same thing those kids in white shirts and black ties tell me whenever they knock on my door. :)

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 03:58 PM
how about George Steinbrenner, Mark Cuban and Jim Irsay

just to name a few

Those guys are owners.. and you aren't helping your cause naming those guys... and they don't even do anywhere NEAR as much radio and interviews as Elway... man.. that really puts things in perspective... and none are as incompetent doing those interviews as Elway either....

KevinJames
04-17-2012, 04:14 PM
its incredibly cocky
its not true at all

He didn't say this on ESPN or NFL network lol doubt any other team will hear it....

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Those guys are owners.. and you aren't helping your cause naming those guys... and they don't even do anywhere NEAR as much radio and interviews as Elway... man.. that really puts things in perspective... and none are as incompetent doing those interviews as Elway either....

you're a clown...you said "executives" which pretty much includes the top brass....

also, elway just bagged the biggest free agent, quite possibly ever, in the NFL this year....you're a ratard

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 07:15 PM
you're a clown...you said "executives" which pretty much includes the top brass....

also, elway just bagged the biggest free agent, quite possibly ever, in the NFL this year....you're a ratard

Elway only "bagged" Peyton because Tebow pulled his butt out of the fire...

The only thing that could have attracted Peyton to Elway was his own NFL play.. which means zero as an executive...

If Fox didn't have Elway and Tebow saving him he probably would have been fired this season... so he certainly didn't attract Peyton..

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 07:22 PM
Elway only "bagged" Peyton because Tebow pulled his butt out of the fire...

The only thing that could have attracted Peyton to Elway was his own NFL play.. which means zero as an executive...

If Fox didn't have Elway and Tebow saving him he probably would have been fired this season... so he certainly didn't attract Peyton..

yea, thats a really good thought process....

if they coach didn't have the same players and didn't have the same front office he probably wouldn't have a job

if my grandma had a penis she'd be my grandpa

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 07:25 PM

if they coach didn't have the same players and didn't have the same front office he probably wouldn't have a job

Wrong.. because Tebow played well inspite of Elway..

Orton for example played far worse under Elway...

So we should really expect the same from Peyton under Elway too.. IF we are going by track record...

Play2win
04-17-2012, 10:33 PM

Of course, because there is no such thing as degrees of severity.

baja
04-17-2012, 10:47 PM

You'd think there was someone holding a gun to some of these guys heads making them read MacGruder.

razorwire77
04-17-2012, 11:28 PM

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310566609761.jpg

broncocalijohn
04-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Not even the AFC West favorites..

Archer81
04-18-2012, 01:29 AM

No. That would make her your grandma...just with err...tackle.

No judgements. This is a safe place.

:Broncos: