PDA

View Full Version : Eagles talking to the Browns

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 02:41 PM
For the 4th pick, per espn. Who would they be targeting? From the sounds it might be pretty hard for them to move up that far though.

cmhargrove
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
For the 4th pick, per espn. Who would they be targeting? From the sounds it might be pretty hard for them to move up that far though.

Definitely Tannehill, no doubt about it.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Claiborne,Blackmon,Richardson,Ingram or the best case scenario, a team deals up to #3, takes Tannehill and then the Eagles get to snap up Kalil.

but Blackmon would have to be the target. the Eagles need a big physical WR who can be a franchise guy for them.

crush17
04-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Its Blackmon.

Gcver2ver3
04-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Shady and trent would be sick....

yerner
04-16-2012, 03:04 PM
where is there a link?

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 03:08 PM
I think this was shot down a couple of days ago. But for the sake of the conversation... they would be targeting OL or WR. The recently invested in D.Jack's contract... they have another promising WR and good depth there and they are loaded at CB. They should be targeting Richardson, Kalil or Tannehill.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 03:12 PM
where is there a link?

It was on TV.

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Kalil would be my assumption

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
I would think it would have to be Blackmon. I'm the only guy on the planet who is suspicious of this guy as a top five pick. Oh well. If they do go for it, they're going to pay through the ass. He's not that much better than Floyd or Wright, either of whom (or both) will still be on the board when they pick. ???

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
not a chance, they have Vick, love Kafka and have a sick history of drafting QB's well under Reid(especially after the first)

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Kalil would be my assumption

I doubt it. They just signed Demetrius Bell from the Bills to a five-year, $35 million contract.

UberBroncoMan
04-16-2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt it. They just signed Demetrius Bell from the Bills to a five-year, $35 million contract.

It's amazing how that team has cap room.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM
I would think it would have to be Blackmon. I'm the only guy on the planet who is suspicious of this guy as a top five pick. Oh well. If they do go for it, they're going to pay through the ass. He's not that much better than Floyd or Wright, either of whom (or both) will still be on the board when they pick. ???

Blackmon's only drawback is not having elite speed. he's a good kid, a hard working guy and to me, the safest pick in the first outside of luck and kalil

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 03:24 PM

Blackmon and Desean and Maclin would be the smallest WR trio in the modern era.

It doesn't really compute.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I'll bet it's Claiborne. ;D

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:30 PM

yeah but Peters is gone for the season and will be back next year. you put Bell in Peters spot, put Kalil at RT and then slide someone in to the G spot when Peters comes back next season. having 3 pro bowl type OT's is not a bad thing to have and they've shown they love to overdraft/oversign guys at key positions. CB,QB,RB,WR & etc.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:31 PM
it computes fine, Black is a physical WR whereas Desean and Mac are finesse.
he may only be 6-1 207 but he goes up and gets the ball and that's what the Eagles need.

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 03:34 PM

The Pat's SB winning teams disagree.

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM

if Tannehill were the target they wouldn't be looking at trading with Cleveland. they would probably be looking at trading with Minnesotta who drafted their QBOTF last season. Cleveland would take Tannehill in a heartbeat at 4, so i'd wager on Kalil, Blackmon or Richardson are the target.

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 03:50 PM
The Pat's SB winning teams disagree.

lol @ referencing the Pats WR trio during that era to somehow justify that...

In those 3 SB years, only once did they have a WR over 1k, and the top 3 averaged 2k total yards each of those years.

That's garbage.

They won in SPITE of their filth at the WR position.

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 04:03 PM
lol @ referencing the Pats WR trio during that era to somehow justify that...

In those 3 SB years, only once did they have a WR over 1k, and the top 3 averaged 2k total yards each of those years.

That's garbage.

They won in SPITE of their filth at the WR position.

That's right whatever Rev says is fact! Somehow Brady threw for 3500+ yards all those years. Must of been throwing to himself. Pittsburgh had some giraffe sized monsters at WR too when they beat AZ. 1k WR = SB!

Chris
04-16-2012, 04:19 PM
They have the best young RB in the game in Mccoy. Why would they want Richardson?

On the upside... if KC doesn't take him maybe Kuechly slips (I still doubt it). Also means they're not taking a DT.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 04:32 PM
They have the best young RB in the game in Mccoy. Why would they want Richardson?

On the upside... if KC doesn't take him maybe Kuechly slips (I still doubt it). Also means they're not taking a DT.

if you have that two headed monster coming out of the backfield and mowing down opposing defenses that opens up a lot of options on offense. the D has to stack the box with 8-9 to contain McCoy,Vick and RIchardson. then that exposes the defensive backfield with Jackson needing double coverage now turning into single coverage and Maclin running underneath the DB's but behind the DL & LB's.

that offense would be dangerous.

Chris
04-16-2012, 04:52 PM
if you have that two headed monster coming out of the backfield and mowing down opposing defenses that opens up a lot of options on offense. the D has to stack the box with 8-9 to contain McCoy,Vick and RIchardson. then that exposes the defensive backfield with Jackson needing double coverage now turning into single coverage and Maclin running underneath the DB's but behind the DL & LB's.

that offense would be dangerous.

They won't be able to afford having both of them after Richardson's rookie contract runs out.

ozomulsion
04-16-2012, 04:59 PM

Blackmon's game is nothing like DeShaun, and not much like Maclin.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
They won't be able to afford having both of them after Richardson's rookie contract runs out.

that team is more creative with the cap than anyone i've ever seen. they'd figure out a way or just trade McCoy away like they do with QB's.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2012, 05:23 PM
False rumor/smoke screen?

Chris
04-16-2012, 05:45 PM
False rumor/smoke screen?

Think they probably did it but as a smoke screen.

27atwater
04-16-2012, 05:46 PM
Realistically...we have to consider that this move would be for a title run now. Reid isn't gonna give a bunch of picks away for players for the future. He won't be around forever and has to be trying to get the final pieces in place. Question is...which players can help them now?

Trent could be a huge piece for them, but is he "the" missing piece? McCoy carries the rock plenty and taking him off of the field won't necessarily be helpful

Kalil is a stud, but is OT a huge need right now?

Claiborne...see Kalil. They have 3 CBs who would start on most teams.

Blackmon....They have 2 good WRs, but DeSean is a diva and Maclin had health issues recently. Vick does need weapons.

Tannehill...Reid can coach up a QB, but he's not looking for a long tem project...especially since he could get him at 7.

My money is on Blackmon.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Why would the iggles trade up for Tannehill? They just signed vick to a huge deal.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Why would the iggles trade up for Tannehill? They just signed vick to a huge deal.

They don't believe in Vick. He'll be gone after this season if they can find a replacement.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
They don't believe in Vick. He'll be gone after this season if they can find a replacement.

hence the huge contract. got it, thanks!

WolfpackGuy
04-16-2012, 07:02 PM
A bold move up to 4 would keep some of the people calling for Reid's head distracted at least for a little while longer, but tons of Beagles fans around here want Reid gone like yesterday.

They should be looking for a couple more linebackers to go with Ryans instead of an offensive player.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 07:11 PM
hence the huge contract. got it, thanks!

They signed Vick before last season. He didn't play nearly as well this past season than the one before. He turns the ball over too much and can't stay healthy. They have an out after this season and will use it if they find another way to go.

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Blackmon's game is nothing like DeShaun, and not much like Maclin.

Cool.

...That has no bearing on his size limitations though.

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 07:21 PM
That's right whatever Rev says is fact! Somehow Brady threw for 3500+ yards all those years. Must of been throwing to himself. Pittsburgh had some giraffe sized monsters at WR too when they beat AZ. 1k WR = SB!

Their "running game" was screens to Faulk and RBs pre Corey Dillon...

This really isn't even a debatable topic but okay man

BroncoInferno
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM

This. They bought the fools gold after Vick seemingly improved as a passer in 2010, but last season he reverted back to the same injury-prone, inconsistent/medicore passer that he was with Atlanta. If they think that Tannehill or some other QB has franchise potential and they can get him, they will.

BroncoInferno
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Cool.

Blackmon is 6'1" 210....how is that "small?"

Lestat
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Cool.

he's 6-1 207 lbs with a 35" vertical, that's not small for a WR and his vert makes up for him not being 6-3 to 6-4. he's still a physical go up and get it WR which the eagles don't currently have.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US

Blackmon plays much bigger then 6'1 too.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:42 PM
he's 6-1 207 lbs with a 35" vertical, that's not small for a WR and his vert makes up for him not being 6-3 to 6-4. he's still a physical go up and get it WR which the eagles don't currently have.

He can reach higher then Burress.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 07:58 PM
He can reach higher then Burress.
Roddy White,Victor Cruz,Mike Wallace,Nate Washington,Brandon Lloyd,Greg Jennings & Mike Williams are all similarly sized WR's and Blackmon is more physical and plays bigger than all of them.
i just don't get the premise that some fans see Blackmon as small. people are too used to seeing Johnson,DT,Decker,Moss,Nelson,Johnson,Jones & Green but that's not the norm for a WR. 6-3 210+ is still freakishly big for a WR and not the standard. that's about 6-0 190.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2012, 07:59 PM
They signed Vick before last season. He didn't play nearly as well this past season than the one before. He turns the ball over too much and can't stay healthy. They have an out after this season and will use it if they find another way to go.

ok fine but there's no way they take Tannehill. They aren't going to kick Vick in the balls right before the season. If they draft a QB high it will be next year. They might take a QB on the first day but no way are they gonna spend that kind of capital on Tannehill, a guy who is a second round talent to begin with. They'd be throwing a grenade into the locker room with that move.

BroncoInferno
04-16-2012, 08:08 PM
ok fine but there's no way they take Tannehill. They aren't going to kick Vick in the balls right before the season. If they draft a QB high it will be next year. They might take a QB on the first day but no way are they gonna spend that kind of capital on Tannehill, a guy who is a second round talent to begin with. They'd be throwing a grenade into the locker room with that move.

One good argument for not taking Tannehill is that Reid is on the hot seat, and Tannehill isn't going to help him right away. It depends on what kind of job security assurances he has from Lurie as to whether or not picking Tannehill would be doable. But I think, all things being equal, they would take a QB who they feel has franchise potential. From what I've been reading though, this potential trade up is a bad rumor.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 08:09 PM
this is definitely true. they're trying to win a super bowl. they have too much success with developing QB's after round 1 to sink a top 4 pick into one.
if they're moving up it's because they want a weapon for Vick, to draft a DL they don't think will fall or Clairborne to play S or force a move of someone else to S.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM

Yeah good point, and I'm not saying they're definitely after Tannehil. But there have been a lot of rumors about the Eagles being interested in QB's, and they drafted Kolb in the high 2nd when McNabb was still there guy. So hard to say what they're thinking, assuming the rumor is even true.

MVP-06
04-16-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm thinking Claiborne in, Samuel out.

strafen
04-16-2012, 10:48 PM
where is there a link?The information is legit/
This came from ESPN insiders...

HAT
04-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Wait, wut?

TonyR
04-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Report: Eagles would target Fletcher Cox over Tannehill

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/17/report-eagles-would-target-fletcher-cox-over-tannehill/