PDA

View Full Version : We are installing a no huddle offense

MVP-06
04-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Just read this and I got juiced at the idea of finally running a no huddle offense at this altitude. Not sure why we haven't done it before. Some lungs will be burning for sure in the 4th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7820006/peyton-manning-joins-denver-broncos-teammates-offseason-workouts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peyton Manning is joining his new teammates Monday at the Denver Broncos headquarters for the start of offseason workouts.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The four-time MVP, who signed with Denver after he was cut by the Colts, has been working out with receiver Eric Decker over the last month.

Manning is not only learning a new playbook in Denver but he's also trying to regain his arm strength following a series of neck operations that sidelined him for all of last season and led to his departure from Indianapolis.

With Manning replacing Tim Tebow, who was traded to the Jets, the Broncos are installing a no-huddle offense like the one Manning ran in Indy, where he won two AFC titles and a Super Bowl while rejuvenating the franchise.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

bronco militia
04-16-2012, 12:50 PM
fyi, we landed on the moon

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 12:51 PM
D's are going to get gassed vs us this year for a change!

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Just read this and I got juiced at the idea of finally running a no huddle offense at this altitude. Not sure why we haven't done it before. Some lungs will be burning for sure in the 4th.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7820006/peyton-manning-joins-denver-broncos-teammates-offseason-workouts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Peyton Manning is joining his new teammates Monday at the Denver Broncos headquarters for the start of offseason workouts.

AFC West blog

Williamson ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

Blog network: NFL Nation

The four-time MVP, who signed with Denver after he was cut by the Colts, has been working out with receiver Eric Decker over the last month.

Manning is not only learning a new playbook in Denver but he's also trying to regain his arm strength following a series of neck operations that sidelined him for all of last season and led to his departure from Indianapolis.

With Manning replacing Tim Tebow, who was traded to the Jets, the Broncos are installing a no-huddle offense like the one Manning ran in Indy, where he won two AFC titles and a Super Bowl while rejuvenating the franchise.

Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press

As we speak, Mike McCoy is frantically searching IAOFM for ideas on how to carry out Run Run Pass Punt via no-huddle.

mr007
04-16-2012, 12:56 PM

this, file it under the no **** category.

bronco militia
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
breaking news from burger bill!

oubronco
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
As we speak, Mike McCoy is frantically searching IAOFM for ideas on how to carry out Run Run Pass Punt via no-huddle.

Give it up

Lestat
04-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Von & Doom are licking their chops. this is straight up pin your ears back and go!

bendog
04-16-2012, 12:58 PM

We did not. I keep telling you. The govt lied to us and the media willingly went along. All that money for all those rockets .... fraud.

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Give it up

Where are all the kids who were telling me this was going to be McCoy's offense?

Stagger Lee
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Give it up

This.

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:03 PM
no one told you that. you were/are just too damn stupid to understand what people posted.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 01:03 PM
who cares who's offense it is so long as it works? i mean seriously what OC is gonna tell Peyton Manning "no, i don't wanna do that, i want to put you in this offense that i like to run and that's that."
Manning knows what he's doing and he's damn good at it, you mold the offense for him.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 01:04 PM
How long has it been since we went into a season saying, "Well, we're 8 and 0. Every home game is in the bag." ;D

bronco militia
We did not. I keep telling you. The govt lied to us and the media willingly went along. All that money for all those rockets .... fraud.

http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/Apollo-11-moon-landing-4.jpg

Rohirrim
Von & Doom are licking their chops. this is straight up pin your ears back and go!

That's why I'm thinking another pass rusher in the first round.

MacGruder
I would be worried about injuries.. Peyton is the oldest QB in the NFL and he's running a no-huddle in Denver?

Plus the Broncos have an ancient D?

This could get really ugly..

And sadly Elway doesn't even consider failure.. so he can't even see this train wreck coming..

Lestat
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Cox or Coples would be sweet. Ingram if they really wanna do pure DE would be great for a NYG type DL.
That's why I'm thinking another pass rusher in the first round.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
Cox or Coples would be sweet. Ingram if they really wanna do pure DE would be great for a NYG type DL.

I also like Hightower.

oubronco
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I also like Hightower.

I think they take Hightower or Kirkpatrick @ 25

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:11 PM
yeah, it'll be bpa but most likely on defense unless some guy amazingly drops.

jerseyguy4
04-16-2012, 01:15 PM
D's are going to get gassed vs us this year for a change!
Manning caught opposing defenses with 12 men on the field about once per game over the last couple years. I'm hoping for this year's home games at high altitude, that doubles when guys can't get their fat arses to the sidelines

We will capitalize on mile high more then ever in 2012

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Manning caught opposing defenses with 12 men on the field about once per game over the last couple years. I'm hoping for this year's home games at high altitude, that doubles when guys can't get their fat arses to the sidelines

We will capitalize on mile high more then ever in 2012

This is a good point. I can't wait to see it in action. :strong:

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Where are all the kids who were telling me this was going to be McCoy's offense?

no one told you that. you were/are just too damn stupid to understand what people posted.

This isn't about Kyle Orton, you're completely misunderstanding the point. This is about what Elway said, which is that Manning needs to learn McCoy's offense. Then they're going to merge/tweak the offense with some of Manning's terminology and ability to call plays at the line based on reads and situations. So it sounds like it's going to be McCoy's offense and Manning will run it his way.

I'm honestly hoping Mikey takes up smoking on the sideline this season. Maybe bring Peyton a Gatorade every now and again.

MVP-06
04-16-2012, 01:19 PM

I assumed it as well Bronco, just hadn't seen anything in writing about it officially. Sorry if it wasted your time to click. Just excited at the idea of us actually being the ones not looking tired in the 4th.

LetsGoBroncos
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Should have been doing it for the last 30 years. No huddle + altitude = wins

Gort
04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
How long has it been since we went into a season saying, "Well, we're 8 and 0. Every home game is in the bag." ;D

i'm on board with this. while still on the fence about Manning, i've long wanted us to take advantage of our home elevation to make Invesco/SAF a tough place for visitors to come to play. a no huddle or up-tempo offense does that. now, we need to STRESS conditioning for our own players this offseason and during training camp. we've been too soft for too long. we need to have the advantage in high elevation and cold weather games. we haven't for many, many years. (sad face). i blame Shanny's Club Med training camps.

cmhargrove
04-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Word is, we are bypassing this year's draft and loading up on Kenyan's. Their endurance is incredible, and will surely be able to run the entire game while our opponents are sucking on oxygen.

Here is a pic of our new Left Guard, Mabili Kilamala. Go Broncos!

FantomForce
04-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Well now we just need a tough RB that has played for the last 4 years in a similar offense. = Turbin

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:40 PM
I can't believe how people are overlooking what just happened with the Colts.. everyone talks about how Tebow can't be backed up because he is so unique. Peyton is far far worse.

The kind of team you build around Tebow is easily maintained with a backup...

Peyton proved his offense is disastrous without him.. no one else can run it.. and his defense was built around that offense.

I am convinced this has to be a suicide mission on Elway's part. He has to know this is going to end disastrously and he will get the top pick he always wanted in the first place.. Sad to see Broncos fans have to go through another long drawn out rebuild process.

Punisher
04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
I wonder how many times Manning will run the option lol

Lestat
04-16-2012, 01:50 PM
i like him as well. i thought he'd grade out higher coming into this past season.
would love to get him but DT is more important(i won't be mad if he's the pick though) he seems like the type that if he falls to the Raven or Steelers after a few seasons instead of saying he's overrated and will bust out they'll swear anyone who passed on him was a moron.
I also like Hightower.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 01:51 PM

Why? unlike the player you are bitter over in this post, Manning can actually pass.

oubronco
04-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Tebow can't be backed up because he is so unique

Hilarious! Dumbass post of the year Hilarious!

bendog
04-16-2012, 02:04 PM

I give it to beavis. gruber just has man love and nowhere to go. Beavis cannot understand how not changing terminology has nothing to do with what plays are actually scripted.

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Why? unlike the player you are bitter over in this post, Manning can actually pass.

Well, only one of the two has ever hung 316 on the Steelers. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Well, only one of the two has ever hung 316 on the Steelers. :)

Then he should've put up at least 300 against the chiefs the week before?

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I can't believe how people are overlooking what just happened with the Colts.. everyone talks about how Tebow can't be backed up because he is so unique. Peyton is far far worse.

Peyton proved his offense is disastrous without him.. no one else can run it.. and his defense was built around that offense.

I am convinced this has to be a suicide mission on Elway's part. He has to know this is going to end disastrously and he will get the top pick he always wanted in the first place.. Sad to see Broncos fans have to go through another long drawn out rebuild process.

Dude move on! You have like 5000 post in one year on the same subject. I know... Tebow was great... I miss him,... but move on already!!!

No need to keep talking about someone that's not on our team all the time.

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Then he should've put up at least 300 against the chiefs the week before?

Why? Last time Peyton played the Chiefs he was only good for 268. And 3 INTs. :)

UberBroncoMan
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Science/Images/Apollo-11-moon-landing-4.jpg

What happened to this country.

:(

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 02:28 PM
I thought we were going to run the spread Option with Manning. I mean after all we had the number 1 rushing attack last year you know.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 02:29 PM
Why? Last time Peyton played the Chiefs he was only good for 268. And 3 INTs. :)

Gotta love your passion.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM

How is that dumb? That has been the argument all along that you can't build around Tebow because no one else could run the same offense in the NFL without him... maybe Cam but that is about it...

Tebow played very well even without the team built around him..

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 02:33 PM

BS there are plenty of Vince Young or other spread option QB's around coming out of college. There is only 1 PM and he is going to Indy.

KO5K
04-16-2012, 02:36 PM
BS there are plenty of Vince Young or other spread option QB's around coming out of college. There is only 1 PM and he is going to Indy.

To his local hospital on a stretcher?

theAPAOps5
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM

Give it up

bendog
04-16-2012, 02:39 PM
How is that dumb? That has been the argument all along that you can't build around Tebow because no one else could run the same offense in the NFL without him... maybe Cam but that is about it...

Tebow played very well even without the team built around him..

all these other teams that didn't want to build their offense arount Tim are BLIND. They're blinded by jealousy, hatred, bigotry, envy. It breaks my HEART. (wheeping)

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 03:02 PM
all these other teams that didn't want to build their offense arount Tim are BLIND. They're blinded by jealousy, hatred, bigotry, envy. It breaks my HEART. (wheeping)

No.. they are blinded by small mindedness.. they are unable to build around a player like Tebow.. they only know how to play a certain style.. not because it's better.. in fact it's worse.. but it's all they know.

Sparano is one of the few guys that is even willing to think outside the box. Another is Bellichick but he has Tom Brady and a ton of weapons already..

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 03:07 PM

Vince Young and no one else can play like Tebow.. power running the ball like he does.. not even Cam.. this is why Tebow had better running numbers than Cam on a per game basis..

And besides.. you are making my case for me.. Peyton is impossible to replace.. so why build around someone like that? Youa re dooming your team if he gets injured... and he has alreayd been injured.

Which brings up ANOTHER point.. people said Tebow running makes him more likely to get injured.. this thread proves the opposite. Opposing teams can take pocket Qbs out ANY time they want. Tebow running can protect himself more than Manning in the pocket.. especially since Manning has ZERO mobility even if he wanted to move.

Also with Manning they don't even have to be blatant about attacking his weakness.. just a normal jit on his injured area will take him down most likely.

What the heck was Elway and everyone thinking? Looking back on it now it's like mass hysteria.. people think Manning is the Manning of old.. he's OLD Manning..

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 03:13 PM
Give it up

Makes sense. People suggest Peyton Manning should come to Denver and listen to Mike "Josh likes his coffee black" McCoy. So I say Bull****... Peyton should (and will) do what Peyton does... run his offense his way. But I'm the one who should "give it up" :)

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Vince Young and no one else can play like Tebow.. power running the ball like he does.. not even Cam.. this is why Tebow had better running numbers than Cam on a per game basis..

And besides.. you are making my case for me.. Peyton is impossible to replace.. so why build around someone like that? Youa re dooming your team if he gets injured... and he has alreayd been injured.

Which brings up ANOTHER point.. people said Tebow running makes him more likely to get injured.. this thread proves the opposite. Opposing teams can take pocket Qbs out ANY time they want. Tebow running can protect himself more than Manning in the pocket.. especially since Manning has ZERO mobility even if he wanted to move.

Also with Manning they don't even have to be blatant about attacking his weakness.. just a normal jit on his injured area will take him down most likely.

What the heck was Elway and everyone thinking? Looking back on it now it's like mass hysteria.. people think Manning is the Manning of old.. he's OLD Manning..

so you missed Cam developing rapidly as a pro QB, becoming adept in the pocket and breaking a few of Manning's rookie records? Cam doesn't need to power run, he can beat you in the pocket, on bootlegs or if the play breaks down hurt you with the run game.
Cam & Tebow should never be compared, Cam developed a lot more rapidly as a NFL QB.

Tebow can only run a certain type of scheme to limit his issues. if a team took 5 seasons they could surround him with the type of talent needed to successfully run it full time. but eventually you have to win the game consistently from the pocket, Tebow's primary attributes are what needs to be secondary for NFL QB's.

CEH
04-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Vince Young is still looking for work. What's his issue. Seems to me he started fast and then faded out. I see the same thing happening to Tebow. The NFL just doesn't know how to use these revolutionary players. If only we can clone Urban Meyer and scatter him throughout the NFL then guys like Alex Smith, Vince Young and Tim Tebow will truly excel

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Young never developed properly, he had early success and then stayed the exact same player as he was as a rookie. his progression stalled, his leadership skills dried up and people tuned him out.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 03:40 PM
so you missed Cam developing rapidly as a pro QB, becoming adept in the pocket and breaking a few of Manning's rookie records?

Cam's offense was LOADED.. and he was worse this season than Tebow - Tebow made the playoffs and won a playoff game against the top D. You can claim Cam was only a rookie but there are no guarantees cam will get better.. look at Sam Bradford..

Cam doesn't need to power run, he can beat you in the pocket, on bootlegs or if the play breaks down hurt you with the run game.
Cam & Tebow should never be compared, Cam developed a lot more rapidly as a NFL QB.

With a great offense great coaching and yet he was worse than Tebow and put up tons of interceptions. People seem to want a guy who LOOKS like a pocket passer regardless of how he plays/ I would take Tebow's effective ugly style over guys like Orton and Cam who merely impersonate QBs..

Tebow can only run a certain type of scheme to limit his issues.

You only believe this because he had no help on offense and no coach.. AND a coach that really hamstrung him..

if a team took 5 seasons they could surround him with the type of talent needed to successfully run it full time.[quote]

Bull. Tebow just needs blue collar guys like him.. these should be the easiest guys to get.. this is why McD and Belli love Tebow.. their system is based on blue collar guys..

[quote]but eventually you have to win the game consistently from the pocket, Tebow's primary attributes are what needs to be secondary for NFL QB's.

Give him Cam's offense and watch him.. Tebow had just as a bad a team as Cam just with the roles reversed.. cam had the O support Tebow had the d support.. Tebow did better with his team and horrible coaching.. Tebow has outperformed cam at every stage of development..

People said Cam was carrying Auburn.. Auburn beat Florida last season without Cam..

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Vince Young is still looking for work. What's his issue. Seems to me he started fast and then faded out. I see the same thing happening to Tebow. The NFL just doesn't know how to use these revolutionary players. If only we can clone Urban Meyer and scatter him throughout the NFL then guys like Alex Smith, Vince Young and Tim Tebow will truly excel

I agree.. the problem is you need all the support personnel too. And now you see colleges moving away from the spread because programs are afraid they can't get talent with an unconventional offense because guys want to be prepped for the NFL.

If Tebow could do things over he probably would have chose Alabama and learned learned a pro style offense under Mike Shula who is Cam's coach now..

Though Mike Shula can coach both styles which is pretty incredible..

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 03:51 PM
so you missed Cam developing rapidly as a pro QB, becoming adept in the pocket and breaking a few of Manning's rookie records? Cam doesn't need to power run, he can beat you in the pocket, on bootlegs or if the play breaks down hurt you with the run game.
Cam & Tebow should never be compared, Cam developed a lot more rapidly as a NFL QB..

The Panthers did everything they could to spread the field out for Cam and make him more comfortable. Comparing the Broncos and Panthers, you could not design a more opposite approach to a young spread-option QB.

Carolina spread the field and played fast and loose to simulate what Cam was used to. 2-wide didn't exist in their playbook. End result, big numbers, but big mistakes and more losses.

The Broncos played to win games with super-conservative offense. It worked in that it limited turnovers, and the team won a lot of close games. So obviously the Broncos won more, but there is no way to compare otherwise similar players in such night-and-day schemes.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
wow, so Cam won because he was surrounded by a ton of talent even though they were 2 games worse than the Broncos the previous season and one of the main issues fans had with them was lacking talent.

Cam made that offense go because he developed rapidly as a pocket QB and he definitely made some mistakes when trying to make a big play. but no way in hell Tebow would have done the same. that offense was predicated on pocket play, more importantly Steve Smith would have snapped on Tebow for his throwing issues.

you keep trying to put every QB or team in the NFL down as being stupid,inferior,clueless or whatever it takes to prop Tebow up.
he's not a good QB, he's a guy who if he hunkers down, listens and learns instead of talking about what he did at Florida could become a solid NFL QB.

the reason NFL teams won't buy in to Tebow is because they know that without him improving rapidly and severely that he can never be a consistent QB. he can't keep playing badly for 50-52 mins and then all of a sudden be magic late.
a NFL QB has to be consistent and continue to develop, Tebow did not do this, Tebow is not good at this and that's why he's going to be a H-Back and Wildcat QB with the Jets.

his power running game is irrelevant when he puts you in a 3rd and forever and can't move the chains for the first 50 mins consistently.
Cam's offense was LOADED.. and he was worse this season than Tebow - Tebow made the playoffs and won a playoff game against the top D. You can claim Cam was only a rookie but there are no guarantees cam will get better.. look at Sam Bradford..

With a great offense great coaching and yet he was worse than Tebow and put up tons of interceptions. People seem to want a guy who LOOKS like a pocket passer regardless of how he plays/ I would take Tebow's effective ugly style over guys like Orton and Cam who merely impersonate QBs..

You only believe this because he had no help on offense and no coach.. AND a coach that really hamstrung him..

[quote]if a team took 5 seasons they could surround him with the type of talent needed to successfully run it full time.[quote]

Bull. Tebow just needs blue collar guys like him.. these should be the easiest guys to get.. this is why McD and Belli love Tebow.. their system is based on blue collar guys..

Give him Cam's offense and watch him.. Tebow had just as a bad a team as Cam just with the roles reversed.. cam had the O support Tebow had the d support.. Tebow did better with his team and horrible coaching.. Tebow has outperformed cam at every stage of development..

People said Cam was carrying Auburn.. Auburn beat Florida last season without Cam..

Lestat
04-16-2012, 04:01 PM
The Panthers did everything they could to spread the field out for Cam and make him more comfortable. Comparing the Broncos and Panthers, you could not design a more opposite approach to a young spread-option QB.

Carolina spread the field and played fast and loose to simulate what Cam was used to. 2-wide didn't exist in their playbook. End result, big numbers, but big mistakes and more losses.

The Broncos played to win games with super-conservative offense. It worked in that it limited turnovers, and the team won a lot of close games. So obviously the Broncos won more, but there is no way to compare otherwise similar players in such night-and-day schemes.

they spread the field because passing was one of Cam's strengths, the Broncos limited their offense to fit Tebow's. Cam is good at playing in the pocket, bootlegs and running when a play breaks down.
Tebow is good at running a spread option with safe throws and allows him to run the ball.

the Broncos ran a offense to suit Tebow, the Panthers ran an offense to suit Cam. difference is Cam improved as a passer and Tebow did not.

Gort
04-16-2012, 04:06 PM

forget about specific names for a moment...

... you are correct. the NFL is a league of scared coaches who don't want to lose their jobs. they will always go with the conventional QB when given a choice. they calculate that is the move that is least likely to cost them their job. for guys like Vince Young, for example, if they don't fit the conventional mold, their careers will not be long. about the only guys i could see with the cajones to buck this trend would be Belicheat and perhaps Parcells if he were still coaching. everybody else wants an immobile, but accurate pocket passer just like everybody else has. long before guys like Young and Tebow, the same mindset made it tough for Flutie. long after Young and Tebow are done playing, there will be unconventional players coming into the league fighting the same uphill battle.

Agamemnon
04-16-2012, 04:26 PM

Huffing on glue? That's the only reason anyone would honestly think that as far as I'm concerned. Or maybe paint thinner...

Agamemnon
04-16-2012, 04:28 PM
they spread the field because passing was one of Cam's strengths, the Broncos limited their offense to fit Tebow's. Cam is good at playing in the pocket, bootlegs and running when a play breaks down.
Tebow is good at running a spread option with safe throws and allows him to run the ball.

the Broncos ran a offense to suit Tebow, the Panthers ran an offense to suit Cam. difference is Cam improved as a passer and Tebow did not.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about...

Agamemnon
04-16-2012, 04:30 PM
forget about specific names for a moment...

... you are correct. the NFL is a league of scared coaches who don't want to lose their jobs. they will always go with the conventional QB when given a choice. they calculate that is the move that is least likely to cost them their job. for guys like Vince Young, for example, if they don't fit the conventional mold, their careers will not be long. about the only guys i could see with the cajones to buck this trend would be Belicheat and perhaps Parcells if he were still coaching. everybody else wants an immobile, but accurate pocket passer just like everybody else has. long before guys like Young and Tebow, the same mindset made it tough for Flutie. long after Young and Tebow are done playing, there will be unconventional players coming into the league fighting the same uphill battle.

Actually I would include Rex Ryan in that list of coaches with "the cajones" to buck that trend. Guess that's a good thing for Tebow potentially...

lonestar
04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
breaking news from burger bill!

Frankly he was bad when he was just covering the donks now he has the rest of the AFCW. I guess that only makes him bad 25% of the time.

lonestar
04-16-2012, 04:35 PM
Or 25% less credible.

BroncoBen
04-16-2012, 04:38 PM
I would be worried about injuries.. Peyton is the oldest QB in the NFL and he's running a no-huddle in Denver?

Plus the Broncos have an ancient D?

This could get really ugly..

And sadly Elway doesn't even consider failure.. so he can't even see this train wreck coming..

Really..?? What does age have anything to do with running a no-huddle ? Do you really think the Broncos would go to all the effort of bring in Manning if they didn't think he was healthy.

Ancient D ? Goodman is gone, Dawkins is gone.. I wouldn't call the Defense ancient, with those two players gone the average age of the defense overall went down.

And say it does get ugly.. so what ? The Broncos then draft high and get the #1 or #2 Qb coming out next year.. at least the FO is trying to win championships.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2012, 04:43 PM
People need to remember that in addition to the no-huddle something additional that's specific to Peyton Manning is how Manning makes people stay in their stances at the LOS while he shouts out bogus auibles while they're legs and lungs are burning.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 04:45 PM
Really..?? What does age have anything to do with running a no-huddle ? Do you really think the Broncos would go to all the effort of bring in Manning if they didn't think he was healthy.

I don't think they really thought.. I think people haven't figured out that Peyton isn't the same guy anymore.. the league isn't the same anymore..

Guys like Elway and Fox and Bowlen and the fans are living in the past.. they just GAVE away maybe the IDEAL QB for this era for a guy who was best suited for another era in his prime which is long gone..

Ancient D ? Goodman is gone, Dawkins is gone.. I wouldn't call the Defense ancient, with those two players gone the average age of the defense overall went down.

Champ is on his last leg.. him and other guys getting rest from Tebow dominating the run game was what made them so good last season. Under McD who had a fast paced O was when the Brocnos D looked god awful...

And say it does get ugly.. so what ? The Broncos then draft high and get the #1 or #2 Qb coming out next year.. at least the FO is trying to win championships.

I would be even more terrified of this.. Fox and Elway have shown they have no ability to develop QBs.. Fox over his career and Elway has no history period. If they had any ability to develop QBs they never would have let Tebow go.. they readily admitted that by making this move.

boppool
04-16-2012, 04:48 PM
Quick, pass this to McCoy.

http://playfullthrottle.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/no-huddle-cover.jpg

colorado jones
04-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Sad to see Broncos fans have to go through another long drawn out rebuild process.

What do you care? You are not nor have you ever been a Bronco fan.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 04:55 PM
wow, so Cam won because he was surrounded by a ton of talent even though they were 2 games worse than the Broncos the previous season and one of the main issues fans had with them was lacking talent.

Cam made that offense go because he developed rapidly as a pocket QB and he definitely made some mistakes when trying to make a big play. but no way in hell Tebow would have done the same. that offense was predicated on pocket play, more importantly Steve Smith would have snapped on Tebow for his throwing issues.

Cam had a great receiver in Smith.. Tebow had Lloyd who was cut before he started and Lloyd was a soft loser anyway..

Cam also had 2 GREAT tight ends while Tebow had none.. AND 2 great runners..

AND a stellar Oline..

The only reason cam is considered so great is the very reason Tebow looked so terrible.. because the Panthers had Fox running their offense using the same horrible scheme he made Tebow look so bad with.

If the Panthers hadn't had the horrible Fox they wouldn't even have had such a horrible record to get Cam in the first place. Put a real coach there and he looks like a god compared to Fox.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 04:57 PM
What do you care? You are not nor have you ever been a Bronco fan.

I'm just an observer... I can't help but feel bad for you. The worst part is you are being loyal to Elway and even Bowlen... and that is what is your biggest problem.. the emperors have no clothes..

colorado jones
04-16-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm just an observer... I can't help but feel bad for you. The worst part is you are being loyal to Elway and even Bowlen... and that is what is your biggest problem.. the emperors have no clothes..

Don't feel bad for me.

I am not you.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM
Jesus, MacGoober is ****ing retarded. Wow.

colorado jones
04-16-2012, 05:00 PM

On top of that your observations are not really worth much.

The SEC is better than the NFL, remember?

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
On top of that your observations are not really worth much.

The SEC is better than the NFL, remember?

That was a joke.. but considering a guy who was considered terrible in the SEC beat the best D in the playoffs it certainly doesn't hurt that case..

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 05:13 PM

Peyton Manning just sent Tebow to a better team and bigger market than Denver to be upstaged by him and you call me stupid? lol

You guys just gave up a budding star for a washed up vet who couldn't win sueprbowls in his prime on a good team with good coaches and management..

Sorry but this is a ship of fools.. and people are following them like lemmings..

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 05:18 PM
I feel bad for Tebow. The best coach for him is a OC for a HC that doesn't want anything to do with him. Now he is going to be a FB/ decoy with the Jets.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 05:30 PM
I feel bad for Tebow. The best coach for his is a OC for a HC that doesn't want anything to do with him. Now he is going to be a FB/ decoy with the Jets.

You mean Belichick.. I think he wants Tebow but they have Brady so there isn't that much need for Tebow.

I suspect that the Jets went after Tebow so hard to keep the Pats from getting him and using him the way the Jets are..

Lycan
04-16-2012, 05:48 PM

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

HAT
04-16-2012, 05:55 PM
You mean Belichick.. I think he wants Tebow but they have Brady so there isn't that much need for Tebow...

Kind of like Denver....

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
That was a joke.. but considering a guy who was considered terrible in the SEC beat the best D in the playoffs it certainly doesn't hurt that case..

A banged up Defense at that completing 10 of 21 balls. Hey that percentage would make you a HOFer. Well hitting in baseball.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 06:17 PM
A banged up Defense at that completing 10 of 21 balls. Hey that percentage would make you a HOFer. Well hitting in baseball.

Tebow was such a dominant runner it allowed Tebow to beat them with 10 passes setting a record for ypc....

And yet in the SEC they thought he wouldn't even make it in the NFL running the ball.. they said Colt McCoy was a better runner.

Which is why I think it will be so funny when RGIII hits the NFL. He was overrated in the BIG12 for the same reason Colt and Bradford were..

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Kind of like Denver....

Too bad you don't have Belichick.. then you might have a point.. and there in lies the problem.

The only reason Brady has survived so long is because of Beli.. he is far far far more frail than Peyton.

Peyton won't be playing behind one of Beli's genius olines.. he will be behind maybe the worst Oline in the NFL..

Agamemnon
04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
People need to remember that in addition to the no-huddle something additional that's specific to Peyton Manning is how Manning makes people stay in their stances at the LOS while he shouts out bogus auibles while they're legs and lungs are burning.

Who doesn't know this?

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 06:35 PM
I see ags back too. Jets mods do work.

yerner
04-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Too bad you don't have Belichick.. then you might have a point.. and there in lies the problem.

The only reason Brady has survived so long is because of Beli.. he is fer fer fer more frail than Peyton.

Peyton won't be playing behind one of Beli's genius olines.. he will be behind maybe the worst Oline in the NFL..

Why are you wasting you life debating the same thing over and over again? It's seems like madness. Please stop ruining this message board with this pointless argument that has literally gone on for half a year and now has no bearing on this football team. Please.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Why are you wasting you life debating the same thing over and over again? It's seems like madness. Please stop ruining this message board with this pointless argument that has literally gone on for half a year and now has no bearing on this football team. Please.

What are you talking about? How could I be debating this over a year when Peyton just got here?

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 06:51 PM

Manning has been sacked 50 less times then Brady in 50 more games. He doesn't have a clue and is just pissed BB doesn't want Tebow.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Manning has been sacked 50 less times then Brady in 50 more games. He doesn't have a clue and is just pissed BB doesn't want Tebow.

So Brady isn't far more frail than Peyton and still relatively healthy? Sack statistics aren't everything.. they don't tell the whole story at all..

I saw something a couple seasons ago showing how Peyton was hit on every pass he delivered.. DRILLED.. yet he would still complete the passes accurately.. but it showed the beating Peyton took.. even with a GREAT oline and all his histrionics at the line and quick release....

SoCalBronco
04-16-2012, 07:01 PM
The no-huddle is a nice changeup and a good way to force defenses to get more basic in what they are doing in the back 7. Can't run too many exotic coverages (or adjustments or audibles) when you just have a few seconds to communicate a call to the other defenders. It's also something Manning is good at since he is great at calling stuff at the line. Also a nice way to tire out the DL.

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Who doesn't know this?

Have you seen some of the posters?

Dedhed
04-16-2012, 07:12 PM

When, exactly, did Cam win?

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 07:14 PM
The no-huddle is a nice changeup and a good way to force defenses to get more basic in what they are doing in the back 7. Can't run too many exotic coverages (or adjustments or audibles) when you just have a few seconds to communicate a call to the other defenders. It's also something Manning is good at since he is great at calling stuff at the line. Also a nice way to tire out the DL.

It's also much easier to prepare for in the post season.. it hides the weaknesses of the team until the post season and then they get exposed.. It could also breed weakness in your players because they are relying on that crutch all season.

Basically what it comes down to is that it could complement a great D and win games but the offense itself won't be winning games because it is a gimmick offense..

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
When, exactly, did Cam win?

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/teamschedule?teamId=29&month=4&season=2011&seasontype=2

Mediator12
04-16-2012, 07:20 PM
It's also much easier to prepare for in the post season.. it hides the weaknesses of the team until the post season and then they get exposed.. It could also breed weakness in your players because they are relying on that crutch all season.

Basically what it comes down to is that it could complement a great D and win games but the offense itself won't be winning games because it is a gimmick offense..

No. The DEN offense last year was a gimmick offense. Running an entire playbook out of the no huddle, with complete audible command at the LOS is not a gimmick, it's the future of offense in the NFL. That is, if you can find a QB cerebral enough to manipulate defenses one like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or the guy who originally implemented it Peyton Manning.

Sucks having to totally misconstrue reality to make a point. Please try less and listen more.

Dedhed
04-16-2012, 07:29 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/teamschedule?teamId=29&month=4&season=2011&seasontype=2
A lot more Ls there than Ws; a lot more.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:31 PM
A lot more Ls there than Ws; a lot more.

Well at least he stared 16 games over one season...and a lot more Ws in 2011 then 2010.

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 07:33 PM
No. The DEN offense last year was a gimmick offense. Running an entire playbook out of the no huddle, with complete audible command at the LOS is not a gimmick, it's the future of offense in the NFL. That is, if you can find a QB cerebral enough to manipulate defenses one like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or the guy who originally implemented it Peyton Manning.

Sucks having to totally misconstrue reality to make a point. Please try less and listen more.

Who knew the 1990 Buffalo Bills are the future of the game. :yayaya:

OrangeSe7en
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Who knew the 1990 Buffalo Bills are the future of the game. :yayaya:

The Bengals were doing it before the Bills were.

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 07:34 PM
Well at least he stared 16 games over one season...and a lot more Ws in 2011 then 2010.

The new math:

6-10 > 8-5

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
The Bengals were doing it before the Bills were.

True. Not as successful at it, but true.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Anyone care to bet that Cam doesn't get traded next off season to be a back up QB/FB/HB/wild cat QB?

Dedhed
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Try 3.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 07:37 PM
No. The DEN offense last year was a gimmick offense.

This couldn't be more wrong.. The Broncos had the best running game in the NFL under Tebow.. that is the OPPOSITE of a gimmick.. running wins playoff games.

You know how many times Peyton's teams have led the NFL in rushing? I'll give you a hint.. it rhymes with Deniro..

Running an entire playbook out of the no huddle, with complete audible command at the LOS is not a gimmick, it's the future of offense in the NFL.

A completely immobile QB is NOT the future of the NFL.. it's ancient history.. which is why Peyton only has one championship and a weak record in the playoffs..

That is, if you can find a QB cerebral enough to manipulate defenses one like Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or the guy who originally implemented it Peyton Manning.

So then why isn't Peyton successful in the playoffs?

Reality conflicts with your claims...

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Anyone care to bet that Cam doesn't get traded next off season to be a back up QB/FB/HB/wild cat QB?

Put Cam on the team Tebow played for last season under Fox as coach.. Cam would be out of the NFL by now..

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Try 3.

So from 2 wins in 2010 to 6 wins in 2011 is just 3?

Boobs McGee
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM

Agree with everything...except wasn't Johnny U kind of the original audible master?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
Tebow plays with 10% playbook that hasn't been opened since the 1930's and he's "going to revolutionize the game". While now we got the guy that plays with 95% of the playbook and brought game into the 21st century. Now you guys say "he can't do the option" WTF!

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 08:30 PM
Tebow plays with 10% playbook that hasn't been opened since the 1930's and he's "going to revolutionize the game". While now we got the guy that plays with 95% of the playbook and brought game into the 21st century. Now you guys say "he can't do the option" WTF!

Sometimes what's old is new again.. things are cyclical.. I think the reason Peyton only has one championship is because the NFL refuses to acknowledge that the game is changing. College figured it out... Fox and Elway are the oldest dinosaurs in the bunch.. they are incredibly stuck in the past.. but not far enough in the past to get it.. they are stuck in the 70s-80s... aging hiptsers..

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Sometimes what's old is new again.. things are cyclical.. I think the reason Peyton only has one championship is because the NFL refuses to acknowledge that the game is changing. College figured it out... Fox and Elway are the oldest dinosaurs in the bunch.. they are incredibly stuck in the past.. but not far enough in the past to get it.. they are stuck in the 70s-80s... aging hiptsers..

You're a joke. Guess what Payton has rushing yards. He can run the ball. Come into the 21st century. It nice here, we got Wi-Fi.

myMind
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
Hey MacGoober

Could you do us all a favor and...

http://i39.tinypic.com/34dlmbo.gif

TonyR
04-17-2012, 06:12 AM

You can't reason with these guys. Check out all the fail in this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103360

They think Tebow is better than Newton and flamed me and others for suggesting that almost all NFL FO's would take Newton over Tebow. Zombieland.

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 06:44 AM

Meh, 5 wins, 6 wins. Neither will sniff the playoffs, so there's no real difference.

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Meh, 5 wins, 6 wins. Neither will sniff the playoffs, so there's no real difference.

Meh, Cam Newton will never be trade for a fourth round draft pick or ever be a back up WB in the NFL.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 07:29 AM
You can't reason with these guys. Check out all the fail in this thread:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103360

They think Tebow is better than Newton and flamed me and others for suggesting that almost all NFL FO's would take Newton over Tebow. Zombieland.

Funny that you'd link to a thread where you compared Tebow to Ryan Leaf and then talk about other people's failures.

Steve Sewell
04-17-2012, 07:34 AM
No.. they are blinded by small mindedness.. they are unable to build around a player like Tebow.. they only know how to play a certain style.. not because it's better.. in fact it's worse.. but it's all they know.

Sparano is one of the few guys that is even willing to think outside the box. Another is Bellichick but he has Tom Brady and a ton of weapons already..

Dude, take your meds please.

Rohirrim
04-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I just wonder what will happen to some of these people when Tebow is out of the league in a year or two after being released by the Jets.

DENVERDUI55
04-17-2012, 09:14 AM
This couldn't be more wrong.. The Broncos had the best running game in the NFL under Tebow.. that is the OPPOSITE of a gimmick.. running wins playoff games.

You know how many times Peyton's teams have led the NFL in rushing? I'll give you a hint.. it rhymes with Deniro..

A completely immobile QB is NOT the future of the NFL.. it's ancient history.. which is why Peyton only has one championship and a weak record in the playoffs..

Reality conflicts with your claims...Wow you rationalize everything. Your takes are awful.

peacepipe
04-17-2012, 09:26 AM
I just wonder what will happen to some of these people when Tebow is out of the league in a year or two after being released by the Jets.They'll crash some canadian or arena league team website.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Hey look, its MacGruder, leader of the Tebow fan club circle jerk.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM

Reality conflicts with your claims...

Your man crush is showing.

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Meh, Cam Newton will never be trade for a fourth round draft pick or ever be a back up WB in the NFL.

What does that have to do with anything?

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 10:07 AM

witch hunt..

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 10:07 AM
What does that have to do with anything?

About as ****ing much as Cam being brought up in this thread in the first place
Cam is going to be a starter in the NFL, Tebow may never be again.

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 10:09 AM

Tebow has nothing to do with the conversation we're having.

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM

Cam is on a loaded offense with a real coach.. Tebow has outplayed Cam at every stage of development. The only thing Cam has going for him is the same thing Orton had going for him.. they both "LOOK" like QBs.. yet Cam throws INT after INT. No one seems to care about that though.

Gort
04-17-2012, 10:12 AM

F the Indiacrapolis Colts. F the Ravens.

the only REAL Colts were the Baltimore Colts.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:14 AM
F the Indiacrapolis Colts. F the Ravens.

the only REAL Colts were the Baltimore Colts.

Ahh.. Arrogance AND stupidity all in one package, how efficient of you.

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 10:17 AM

Your logo sucks. These are the Denver Broncos.

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Tebow has nothing to do with the conversation we're having.

The only reason Cam is in this thread is because of Tebow. He has everything to do with this.

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 10:20 AM
The only reason Cam is in this thread is because of Tebow. He has everything to do with this.

Never Mind.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Your logo sucks. These are the Denver Broncos.

Translation ........ WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Never Mind.
You're welcome.

Gort
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM

i can already tell you're an obnoxious Mannboner. go back to the Indiacrapolis forum where you can discuss the finer points of cow tipping with your fellow Irsay fans.

Gort
04-17-2012, 10:33 AM

you are EXACTLY what i warned the Tebow haters about. they wanted Tebow gone because they hated his fanboys. i told them we'd get just as many Mannboners infiltrating this site who couldn't find Colorado on a map and are only interested in hugging Manning's nuts.

alkemical
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/amesj523/enhanced-buzz-32578-1334327562-65.jpg

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:36 AM
i can already tell you're an obnoxious Mannboner. go back to the Indiacrapolis forum where you can discuss the finer points of cow tipping with your fellow Irsay fans.

Wow, new level of ignorance on display here.

Gort
04-17-2012, 10:39 AM
Wow, new level of ignorance on display here.

you are MacGruder 2.0

go away.

you deserve all the **** you're going to get for that ****ty avatar.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:41 AM
you are MacGruder 2.0

go away.

Get used to disappointment!

Gort
04-17-2012, 10:43 AM
Get used to disappointment!

you won't last long here.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:47 AM
you are EXACTLY what i warned the Tebow haters about. they wanted Tebow gone because they hated his fanboys. i told them we'd get just as many Mannboners infiltrating this site who couldn't find Colorado on a map and are only interested in hugging Manning's nuts.

Hilarious! Funny thing is...I live in Denver. Thank God I have a GPS or I would have never found this place.

jhns
04-17-2012, 10:49 AM

I still think they should be called Mannginas. There needs to be a poll for their official title.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 10:56 AM
I still think they should be called Mannginas. There needs to be a poll for their official title.

You're such a homer

jhns
04-17-2012, 10:57 AM
You're such a homer

So?

lonestar
04-17-2012, 11:29 AM
ONce again morons taking over this thread

We are installing a no huddle offense

being totally off topic..

how about a little focus folks..

bendog
04-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Hilarious! Funny thing is...I live in Denver. Thank God I have a GPS or I would have never found this place.

no offense, but were you ever beaten senseless in a commerce city bar after peyton destroyed us in those playoffs?

broncosteven
04-17-2012, 11:37 AM

I hope your joking!

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 01:01 PM

Manning is pretty good though. He's earned some of his hype from fans.....

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 02:41 PM
no offense, but were you ever beaten senseless in a commerce city bar after peyton destroyed us in those playoffs?

No, but I did beat some idiot senseless for Tebowing in line at Walmart yesterday.:clown:

Cito Pelon
04-17-2012, 02:46 PM

Here is our new guys brought in by Peyton.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Here is our new guys brought in by Peyton.

:wave:

orangenblue2
04-17-2012, 08:34 PM
Word is, we are bypassing this year's draft and loading up on Kenyan's. Their endurance is incredible, and will surely be able to run the entire game while our opponents are sucking on oxygen.

Here is a pic of our new Left Guard, Mabili Kilamala. Go Broncos!

That there is sheer hilarity...ha

Dedhed
04-17-2012, 09:08 PM
You're welcome.

For what, exactly, showing that you have to filter any opinion through a Tebow lens? Congrats.

ClamChowdah
04-17-2012, 09:52 PM
Wow no huddle, welcome to 6 years ago.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Wow no huddle, welcome to 6 years ago.

6? Ever heard of the "K gun". Please stop typing.

DENVERDUI55
04-17-2012, 10:04 PM
6? Ever heard of the "K gun". Please stop typing.

No BOB has no football knowledge. He can't talk football unless it involves stats.

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 11:09 PM
you won't last long here.

he's a star wars Manning nut hugger. go easy on him. not all of us are "special" like him

bronco610
04-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow! Here I was all excited thinking not only were we getting Manning but now all the idiots would go pester the jets fans, some people are just tooo stupid to leave when the party is over I guess.

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 11:13 PM
No, but I did beat some idiot senseless for Tebowing in line at Walmart yesterday.:clown:

I highly doubt that. I'm calling BS

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 11:19 PM
witch hunt..you bring it all upon yourself. you have noone for hating your ass but yourself.

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow! Here I was all excited thinking not only were we getting Manning but now all the idiots would go pester the jets fans, some people are just tooo stupid to leave when the party is over I guess.

The ignorant booby had best be silent When he moves among other men, No one will know what a nit-wit he is Until he begins to talk; No one knows less what a nit-wit he is Than the man who talks too much.

Wise is he not who is never silent, Mouthing meaningless words: A glib tongue that goes on chattering Sings to its own harm.

MacGruder
04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
you bring it all upon yourself. you have noone for hating your ass but yourself.

For speaking the truth as I see it?