PDA

View Full Version : On Monday, the Denver Broncos started their organized offseason workouts

Bronco Rob
04-16-2012, 09:42 AM
On Monday, the Denver Broncos started their organized offseason workouts. (Image courtesy of the team.)

oubronco
04-16-2012, 09:45 AM
Hell Yea!!!!

Bronco Rob
04-16-2012, 09:51 AM

Pick Six
04-16-2012, 09:52 AM
Peyton rockin' the orange and blue STILL seems a bit surreal...:pimp:

bendog
04-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Look at the size of his NECK!

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 10:09 AM
Let's light 'em up! :charge:

TheDave
04-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Denver getting reacquainted with the forward pass... nice!!!

Play2win
04-16-2012, 11:20 AM

This... 100%

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM
"I jizzed my pants!"

Punisher
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
"I jizzed my pants!"

I got a empty gallon of milk i jizz in i take it out all the time i have to jizz over the team this year it's a quarter full

Lestat
04-16-2012, 11:37 AM
he looks like he's ready to just go and play.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-16-2012, 11:42 AM
I got a empty gallon of milk i jizz in i take it out all the time i have to jizz over the team this year it's a quarter full

LOL. Can you imagine 3rd and 2. McGahee avg. 5yp. 8 man in the box. Then Payton on playaction! Decker DT and Tamme are all over this!

Smiling Assassin27
04-16-2012, 11:44 AM
LOL. Can you imagine 3rd and 2. McGahee avg. 5yp. 8 man in the box. Then Payton on playaction! Decker DT and Tamme are all over this!

Or better yet, Peyton runs the option, gets to the corner and makes the pitch! Hilarious!

Punisher
04-16-2012, 11:51 AM
http://files.broncoscountry.com/resources/custom/Images/12_Blogs/120416_manning_blog.jpg

oubronco
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
http://files.broncoscountry.com/resources/custom/Images/12_Blogs/120416_manning_blog.jpg

Yea like what the **** ever dude

CEH
04-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Manning talking right now then Decker. NFLN

Hulamau
04-16-2012, 12:20 PM

Amen to that!! Was rubbing my eyes seeing him at the presser just now with the Bronco beanie cap and a dark blue with orange letters hoodie.. Hard to believe Manning is donning the Orange and Blue and a mighty fine sight indeed!

Love the look of the new state of the art workout room too! Powerblades, TRX straps, chains ... the whole nine yards!

Punisher
04-16-2012, 12:25 PM
It sounds like Decker might have a Great Year

bendog
04-16-2012, 12:28 PM

I don't lift .... anything ever.

cmhargrove
04-16-2012, 12:49 PM
On Monday, the Denver Broncos started their organized offseason workouts. (Image courtesy of the team.)

Man, they are letting the players have water already and they aren't even sweating yet! Sissies!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
Or better yet, Peyton runs the option, gets to the corner and makes the pitch! Hilarious!

LOL. Tebow plays with 10% playbook that hasn't been opened since the 1930's and he's "going to revolutionize the game". While now we got the guy that plays with 95% oh the playbook and brought game into the 21st century. Now you guys say "he can't do the option" WTF!

Kaylore
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't lift .... anything ever.

Is that Britton Colquitt yawning on the situp bar?

The new rules are pretty lame. The two photos adequately capture what they can do at these workouts now: Drink water and stand near the equipment.

ppablo
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Let's get this thing going! PM time!

BroncoBeavis
04-16-2012, 01:28 PM

I'm sorry, but seeing Peypey wear the colors is still super cereal surreal to me. I don't know when it'll really fully sink in.

That almost seems photoshopped it looks so weird. Dom?

oubronco
04-16-2012, 01:32 PM
Here we go loop de lou

http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/04-April/_EB27951--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

BroncoMan4ever
04-16-2012, 01:40 PM

the only thing i plan to lift over the next few years is a Lombardi trophy or 2.

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:42 PM
"Is it just me or does that idiot kicker look like he's asshumping that thing?"

DarkHorse
04-16-2012, 01:46 PM

He's got the hat and everything.....damn, probably has on Broncos underoos

Looks like he's all in :yayaya:

Hulamau
04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Here we go loop de lou

http://prod.images.broncos.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/BRONCOS/assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/clubimages/2012/04-April/_EB27951--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Those powerplates are pricey. Around 11,500 each for the Pro 6 motion models shown in these photos. No doubt they got a quantity discount.

good stuff though and will help them strengthen joints and connective tissue for sure..

g6matty
04-16-2012, 02:38 PM
Those powerplates are pricey. Around 11,500 each for the Pro 6 motion models shown in these photos. No doubt they got a quantity discount.

good stuff though and will help them strengthen joints and connective tissue for sure..

what exactly ar ethey doing

Vegas_Bronco
04-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Stretching their medial lateral honus.

SoCalBronco
04-16-2012, 09:26 PM
That first pic is great...that even gets me excited.

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 12:41 AM
Here we go loop de lou

I hate the retarded looking bronco on the wall.. I mean reallyM

TonyR
04-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Some Burger Bill fluff...

Peyton Manning -- who has one of the most respected work ethics in NFL history -- is officially at work in Denver.

Manning met the media Monday after the Broncos began their offseason program. ESPN broadcasted his media briefing and it was clear Manning is in full business mode. Gone was the suit he wore last month in his introductory news conference. Monday, Manning was dressed in a Broncos cap and workout clothes and spoke of the importance of taking advantage of all the time he can get with his new teammates. The theme of Manning’s media session was summed up when he said, “You can’t show up in September and expect to complete passes.”

Asked for his impressions of the Denver area, Manning said his time there has been “all business” and that he has been essentially living at the team’s facility.

Manning said he is getting in sync with Denver center J.D. Walton. The two, along with several other teammates, have been working out regularly together on their own.

Manning is clearly impressed with third-year receiver Eric Decker. Manning called Decker the “veteran” of the receivers group and spoke highly of him. Manning said the coaching staff wants to move Decker around and use him in several different ways. Decker and Demaryius Thomas are Denver’s starting receivers. Manning said the group, as a whole, seems to be a hardworking unit.

It is clear the ability to work hard is what the Broncos’ new leader is looking for from his new teammates.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/42720/its-hard-hat-time-in-denver

bendog
04-17-2012, 10:15 AM
nice, the sob leaves his wife home alone with twin one year olds.

alkemical
04-17-2012, 10:23 AM
Manning would be successful at anything he chose to do. He understands long term planning.

Just interesting. I've met some professional people in my 'travels' that take their craft to that level.

You have to LOVE it in order to expend so much energy in it.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 10:33 AM

Is it just me or did they tone Miles' biceps down before Peyton got here. :)

Peyton's nerve
04-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Oh, God, he lifted something and hurt me. Now I'm FREEZING with this ice pack.

Gort
04-17-2012, 11:07 AM
the only thing i plan to lift over the next few years is a Lombardi trophy or 2.

...or...

"the only thing i plan to lift over the next few years are 97 bags of $1M each."

:~ohyah!:

i couldn't help myself, the pitch was a soft toss right across the middle of the plate.

Chris
04-17-2012, 11:14 AM
Stretching their medial lateral honus.

like...er... a hip flexor?

errand
04-17-2012, 11:15 AM

It's is kind of goofy looking, huh? I recall living in Jax when the Jags were being born...and they had this stupid looking t-shirt of a jaguar that looked like Scooby-do busting thru a paper wall.....and I'm wondering to myself, why? Didn't someone look at this **** and not see how retarded it looked?

Smilin Assassin
04-17-2012, 11:24 AM

Agreed.

It always looked like he was chasing his tail, to me.

errand
04-17-2012, 11:25 AM
nice, the sob leaves his wife home alone with twin one year olds.

Yeah, poor woman....i mean when your husband earns $20 million a year who can afford a nanny or to fly the in-laws out to help?

and not to disparage rich women raising kids...but my God, she has to have a maid, and a gardener, and maybe even a personal assistant? I'm sure it's not like she has to tend to all those things AND raise the kids too...and maybe she does, so what. It's not like she's gonna have to quit her part time job at the boutique in order to care for the kids.....

Hulamau
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
what exactly ar ethey doing

The powerplate has lateral and verticle acceleration via rotational plates that vibrate in both planes at a rapid rate. It gives a real workout in a short time to muscles, tendons, ligaments and strenghtens bone.

Feels like your teeth fillings are shaking out too at times :-)

It does work and is a form of concentrated mutli-modal conditioning working in multiple planes simultaneously. More bang for the time spent essentially and a good adjunct to other strength methods like free weights, TRX straps, Kettle bells and other stretching and core strength techniques.

Here you go for more info: http://www.powerplate.com/us/

errand
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
...or...

"the only thing i plan to lift over the next few years are 97 bags of $1M each."

:~ohyah!:

i couldn't help myself, the pitch was a soft toss right across the middle of the plate.

Peyton's got more money than he'll ever be able to spend, I'm sure....

There's only one reason why a guy 36 years old coming off 4 neck surgeries still wants to play the game, and works hard to make sure he can do so at a very high level.....

it's not about his legacy, he's already got that sewed up...it's not about financial security, he's got that too...it's about winning a title. He wants another ring...and he aims to get it in Denver

Broncos_OTM
04-17-2012, 11:34 AM
looks its the gay hand wave..or the gay horse wave. lol

Gort
04-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Yeah, poor woman....i mean when your husband earns $20 million a year who can afford a nanny or to fly the in-laws out to help?

and not to disparage rich women raising kids...but my God, she has to have a maid, and a gardener, and maybe even a personal assistant? I'm sure it's not like she has to tend to all those things AND raise the kids too...and maybe she does, so what. It's not like she's gonna have to quit her part time job at the boutique in order to care for the kids.....

just keep her away from Jabar's cousin

Gort
04-17-2012, 11:37 AM
Peyton's got more money than he'll ever be able to spend, I'm sure....

There's only one reason why a guy 36 years old coming off 4 neck surgeries still wants to play the game, and works hard to make sure he can do so at a very high level.....

it's not about his legacy, he's already got that sewed up...it's not about financial security, he's got that too...it's about winning a title. He wants another ring...and he aims to get it in Denver

bull****. if he didn't care about the money, he wouldn't have left Indiacrapolis. Irsay Jr. told him that they could still work something out but wanted to delay their March payment to him. he told Irsay Jr. to go pound sand.

alkemical
04-17-2012, 11:39 AM
bull****. if he didn't care about the money, he wouldn't have left Indiacrapolis. Irsay Jr. told him that they could still work something out but wanted to delay their March payment to him. he told Irsay Jr. to go pound sand.

Don't hate capitalists.

Gort
04-17-2012, 11:42 AM
Don't hate capitalists.

i don't.

i am just not going to let pass without comment any posts along the lines that Manning did us a magnanimous favor by signing here.

he didn't. it was about $$$ first and foremost.

alkemical
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
i don't.

i am just not going to let pass without comment any posts along the lines that Manning did us a magnanimous favor by signing here.

he didn't. it was about $$$ first and foremost.

Why didn't he go to TN then? Weren't they offering him "the moon"?

Gort
04-17-2012, 11:46 AM
Why didn't he go to TN then? Weren't they offering him "the moon"?

he signed here for these reasons in descending order.

1) we met his salary demands
2) he bonded with Elway
3) he felt we were close to having a SB contending team... close meaning within a couple of years
4) we didn't hard sell him
5) he visited during nice weather and realized that playing here wouldn't be like playing in Buffalo

in terms of importance,

1) > 2) > 3) > 4) > 5)

alkemical
04-17-2012, 12:00 PM

2) he bonded with Elway
3) he felt we were close to having a SB contending team... close meaning within a couple of years
5) he visited during nice weather and realized that playing here wouldn't be like playing in Buffalo

in terms of importance,

1) > 2) > 3) > 4) > 5)

So...it wasn't ALL about the $. Cool, just wanted to make sure. Also, glad you got him to comment on his priorities & demands. ;)

bendog
04-17-2012, 12:06 PM
gtfo it. there were mult sources reporting that Manning made it clear the money wasn't an object. His "demand" was essentially he got his old contract back.

He picked Den cause he wanted to after deciding it was the best organization to finish his career with, and we are really lucky to have EFX ... and Bowlen.

gyldenlove
04-17-2012, 12:08 PM

2) he bonded with Elway

in terms of importance,

1) > 2) > 3) > 4) > 5)

Given that all the teams knew his salary demands, I doubt that had anything to do with it.

Gort
04-17-2012, 12:12 PM
So...it wasn't ALL about the $. Cool, just wanted to make sure. Also, glad you got him to comment on his priorities & demands. ;)

SI had an article about it. look it up. not a bad read.

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 12:13 PM

2) he bonded with Elway

in terms of importance,

1) > 2) > 3) > 4) > 5)

And you are a wealth of Manning knowledge and insight?

Gort
04-17-2012, 12:14 PM
Given that all the teams knew his salary demands, I doubt that had anything to do with it.

again. look at why Irsay Jr. released him just before their March payment was due to him and look at the fact that he wouldn't move the deadline to allow more time to negotiate, even though he didn't play a single snap in 2011 and still got paid $20M.

why is this not obvious to everyone?

Manning was only ever going to go to a team that met his salary demands, first and foremost. that was #1 on his checklist. every other consideration was below that.

i don't fault him for that, but let's not elevate him to sainthood just yet, ok?

Gort
04-17-2012, 12:15 PM
And you are a wealth of Manning knowledge and insight?

and you're a douchebag.

but then again, you rush to defend the object of your affections, just like the silly little fanboy you are. it must just crush you to know that Manning will never love you the way you love him, huh?

TonyR
04-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Manning was only ever going to go to a team that met his salary demands...

Agree, but every team in the running for him was going to do this.

Gort
04-17-2012, 12:20 PM
gtfo it. there were mult sources reporting that Manning made it clear the money wasn't an object. His "demand" was essentially he got his old contract back.

He picked Den cause he wanted to after deciding it was the best organization to finish his career with, and we are really lucky to have EFX ... and Bowlen.

and yet, he wouldn't budge on his payment details in Indiacrapolis and got released as a result. funny how that works if it's not the money, huh?

also funny. the people who were some of the worst Tebow haters are now wearing rose-colored glasses on any and every post about Manning.

newsflash. Manning didn't come here as a favor to the fanbase. he didn't come here to make you feel better about yourself. he came here for the money and he came here because we met his secondary criteria.

money was #1. everything else, no matter how important, was still secondary to #1.

Gort
04-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Agree, but every team in the running for him was going to do this.

true. the ones that couldn't or wouldn't weren't even part of the conversation. that's why i'm saying it was his number 1 criterion. once that was met, it was onto #2, #3, #4, etc.

but #1 had to be met first. if we had only offered him 3 years at $18M, do you think he would have signed here over TN? i don't. not for one minute. even if all of the other considerations were exactly the same. the money had to be where he wanted it or it was going to be impossible to sign him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 12:26 PM
again. look at why Irsay Jr. released him just before their March payment was due to him and look at the fact that he wouldn't move the deadline to allow more time to negotiate, even though he didn't play a single snap in 2011 and still got paid $20M.

Manning was only ever going to go to a team that met his salary demands, first and foremost. that was #1 on his checklist. every other consideration was below that.

i don't fault him for that, but let's not elevate him to sainthood just yet, ok?

He would've chosen Houston.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-17-2012, 12:27 PM
What's wrong with someone who is risking his health wanting to get paid appropriately for it?

gyldenlove
04-17-2012, 12:29 PM

Your premise is 100% wrong.

All the teams in the hunt knew his salary demands and according to multiple sources met them. This means that the reason he chose one over the others could not have been salary.

Why would he want to move the deadline? It was clear to everyone that the Colts would draft a QB, either they commit 1 year to Manning by paying him the money or they don't, he was cleared medically. Moving the deadline would just mean he would lose offseason time with whatever team that would commit to him.