oubronco
04-16-2012, 07:36 AM
Well there ya go

jhns
04-16-2012, 07:37 AM
Tim Tebow.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 07:38 AM
yup... we better get a DT in the first 2 rounds...

crowebomber
04-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Hmmmm? Ummmm?

55CrushEm
04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
Stop worrying. Peyton makes the entire defense better, remember.

:clown:

jhns
04-16-2012, 07:43 AM
While I question this teams defensive personnel, the offseason isn't over and we have Fox and Del Rio. I will trust that these two know what they are doing. That or Elway is ignoring them and making their jobs much harder.

HooptyHoops
04-16-2012, 07:43 AM
This is nuts....why cut him now? Are the Broncos so loaded at DT that we can just let vets go? And yes, I don't have a lot of confidence that a rookie DT is going to be our savior...

Ronnie Tsunami
04-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Stop acting like McBean was any more serviceable than any 5th rounder we can pick up in this draft.

jonny1
04-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Remember he is facing a 6 game suspension.

MVP-06
04-16-2012, 07:46 AM
It's simple, Banaan can play and McBean was suspended. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a deal close with another veteran.

pricejj
04-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Wouldn't be surprised if Kendall Reyes is the pick at #25.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
this changes nothing, DT was the need before and it's the need now, McBean was depth as replaced by Bannan. he wasn't going to start and was facing a 6 game suspension.

that said, may the good lord have mercy on Elway's soul if he doesn't pick a DT in round one now.
cause draft day will be ugly. something tells me we trade up to get Fletcher Cox though.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 07:51 AM
There's a 6 game suspension we no longer have to worry about at DT. Next!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2012, 07:53 AM
Last time I checked, McBean sucked.

Kaylore
04-16-2012, 07:56 AM
Remember he is facing a 6 game suspension.

That's true. Is he worth keeping around just because our depth is so terrible? Sadly at this point, yes. I would have preferred they waiting until after the draft so they actually had a bird in the hand.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 07:58 AM
We're going to run the fabled 2-5 front.

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
So we cut a defense tackle...Does that mean we play on drafting 2 DT's or are we just gonna ask Clady and Franklin to sub in at DT???...

baja
04-16-2012, 07:59 AM
Maybe he had another positive test we don't know about?

Punisher
04-16-2012, 08:02 AM
And other news Von Miller gains 100 pounds and has decided to switch to DT

Lestat
04-16-2012, 08:05 AM
So we cut a defense tackle...Does that mean we play on drafting 2 DT's or are we just gonna ask Clady and Franklin to sub in at DT???...

i'm gonna say it means we're taking 3. shaky depth, two guys coming off of season ending injuries and a huge glaring need.
i'm not opposed to going DT in the first 3 rounds to make sure it's fixed.

cutthemdown
04-16-2012, 08:07 AM
LOL any sane fan knew this was coming. Bkup depth player, who is going to be suspended. LOL you really thought he would stick around?

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 08:08 AM
They're REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY bankin on Warren and Vickerson staying healthy.

cutthemdown
04-16-2012, 08:08 AM

I keep telling you guys Broncos plan to start Warren and Vickerson just like last yr.

socalorado
04-16-2012, 08:12 AM
I see Sammie Lee Hill in DENs future for a 4th.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 08:12 AM
still almost nothing behind them though and that means two injuries away from having no DT's and moving Ayers to DT assuming we have a DE to replace him.

i fully expected at least 2 DT's before this move, now i'd say 3 if the value is good enough.
I keep telling you guys Broncos plan to start Warren and Vickerson just like last yr.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 08:13 AM
Perhaps Marcus Thomas will be signed now?

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 08:15 AM
i'm gonna say it means we're taking 3. shaky depth, two guys coming off of season ending injuries and a huge glaring need.

As it stands at DT we currently have:
Justin Bannan
Kevin Vickerson
Ben Garland(Will be his rookie season, was in military)
Mitch Unrein
Sealver Siliga
Marcus Thomas

Fox isn't known to go heavy on DT's. I only see us taking 2, unless we trade out of the first round.

cutthemdown
04-16-2012, 08:16 AM
still almost nothing behind them though and that means two injuries away from having no DT's and moving Ayers to DT assuming we have a DE to replace him.

i fully expected at least 2 DT's before this move, now i'd say 3 if the value is good enough.

I think they bring in one journeyman vet from the scrap heap after the draft, then also draft one DT in first 3 rounds, and probably 2 overall. Just a guess though.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 08:17 AM
As it stands at DT we currently have:
Justin Bannan
Kevin Vickerson
Ben Garland(Will be his rookie season, was in military)
Mitch Unrein
Sealver Siliga
Marcus Thomas

Fox isn't known to go heavy on DT's. I only see us taking 2, unless we trade out of the first round.

Thomas is a FA, Del Rio is the new DC and he loves DT's, Warren,Vickerson and Bannan are the only guys who are potential locks to make the roster.
that's piss poor depth and only one in Warren should be a legit starter if he stays healthy.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 08:18 AM
I think they bring in one journeyman vet from the scrap heap after the draft, then also draft one DT in first 3 rounds, and probably 2 overall. Just a guess though.

more than likely this is the plan but i'm hoping for a DT in round 1, Thompson in round 2 and then another guy in the 4th or 5th.

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Thomas is a FA, Del Rio is the new DC and he loves DT's, Warren,Vickerson and Bannan are the only guys who are potential locks to make the roster.
that's piss poor depth and only one in Warren should be a legit starter if he stays healthy.

Thomas is likely to re-sign with the team. He said on twitter he is just waiting on Denver.

Unless they don't want him, he will be a Broncos this season.

Del Rio isn't the head coach, Fox opinion weights more on Elway than Del Rio's.

RunSilentRunDeep
04-16-2012, 08:24 AM
Newsflash: Teams can acquire players through December. If Denver is clearing a little room to make a RFA run, it should wait until the 20th to ink the deal.

Don't forget, fore veterans typically become available after the draft. That, by the way, has me hoping the Rams take Richardson and let S-Jax go. An all-grass field division, an actually passing game and a title contender would look good to a stud RB on the back half of his career.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-16-2012, 08:26 AM

I think it's pretty safe to assume we will carry 4 "true" DTs with Ayers also able to play inside on nickel.

Warren and Vickerson were our starters last year in the preseason. Bunk was backing up Warren at NT. Vickerson was our 3 down DT, switching to NT in nickel with Ayers sliding inside.

Since we are in "Win now, Manning mode", I doubt we're going to rely on rooks at DT to start. I think we now have 3 of our 4 DTs, with the draft likely to provide one more within the first 4 rounds, and that rook will be a 3 tech backup. Assuming, of course, we don't re-sign Marcus Thomas to back up Vick once again. Unrein probably sits on the practice squad in the event of an injury.

Right or wrong (I side with wrong), it appears this is the direction EFX wants to go (again). I think we take only one DT. I'm just hoping it's in the 1st or 2nd Round.

LRtagger
04-16-2012, 08:29 AM
http://lisamorguess.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/istockphoto_11748739-the-sky-is-falling-newspaper-headline1.jpg

maven
04-16-2012, 08:31 AM
I've been liking the moves lately. Goodman gone, Bean gone, Tebow gone...

Powderaddict
04-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Since it's McBean, I'm pretty ok with this.

DENVERDUI55
04-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Well not sure why people are upset cutting a mediocre Dt facing 6 game suspension is not news really. Denver maybe learned that appeal would up upheld.

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Since it's McBean, I'm pretty ok with this.

I'm fine with him being cut too, I think he should have been cut or traded last season though.

The question and issue surrounding this, is what could it mean about the draft and post draft at the position.

Will Ben Garland be good, will Ty Warren rebound, who will be the camp bodies, how many Defensive linemen are we gonna take in the draft.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-16-2012, 08:45 AM
Well not sure why people are upset cutting a mediocre Dt facing 6 game suspension is not news really. Denver maybe learned that appeal would up upheld.

If that's the case, one has to wonder if DJ Williams is next. With Woodyard on a 2 year backup calliber deal and some pretty solid WILL LBs likely to be available between the Late 1st and Late 2nd (Zach Brown, Bobby Wagner, Lavonte David, and maybe Mychal Kendricks), I wonder if we'll turn the page on Williams. LB is pretty easy to have an impact as a rookie, and we will need another nickel 'backer for 6 games regardless. (Nobody wants Mays in there for passing downs next to Woodyard).

If that suspension did get upheld, that makes things very interesting at LB now as well.

oubronco
04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Maybe they like what they have in Sealver Siliga

Bmore Manning
04-16-2012, 08:53 AM

Brockers, Thompson, Martin?

bendog
04-16-2012, 08:56 AM
In reality, McBean cut himself.

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 08:58 AM

Martin wont be on the board by the time we pick at 3rd. He's a late 2nd pick, early 3rd.

Word around the net it that the Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, and Chiefs are interested in Brockers.

Not likely he'd fall to us. I think a more realistic first round pick would be Jerel Worthy or Devon Still.

With us taking either Thompson or Martin with the 2nd pick, a running back(maybe Turbin) in the 3rd.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 09:02 AM
The odd thing about Garland is that he was originally picked by McD to play end in a 3-4. So now what? ???

Bmore Manning
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Martin wont be on the board by the time we pick at 3rd. He's a late 2nd pick, early 3rd.

Word around the net it that the Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers, and Chiefs are interested in Brockers.

Not likely he'd fall to us. I think a more realistic first round pick would be Jerel Worthy or Devon Still.

With us taking either Thompson or Martin with the 2nd pick, a running back(maybe Turbin) in the 3rd.

Brockers has a chance to be there @25..
Eagles like Cox, Cowboys like Poe, Chargers need a pass rusher from OLB, Chicago likes a DE with their pick.

Martin may not make the third round pick, I'll take who's available between he and Thompson.

Man-Goblin
04-16-2012, 09:03 AM
No ****s were given to this news. Or in other words, IDGAF.

Bmore Manning
04-16-2012, 09:04 AM
Newsflash: Teams can acquire players through December. If Denver is clearing a little room to make a RFA run, it should wait until the 20th to ink the deal.

Don't forget, fore veterans typically become available after the draft. That, by the way, has me hoping the Rams take Richardson and let S-Jax go. An all-grass field division, an actually passing game and a title contender would look good to a stud RB on the back half of his career.

Steven Jackson is a STUD!

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 09:06 AM
Brockers has a chance to be there @25..
Eagles like Cox, Cowboys like Poe, Chargers need a pass rusher from OLB, Chicago likes a DE with their pick.

Martin may not make the third round pick, I'll take who's available between he and Thompson.

He has a chance to be at 25, but it's a small chance. Right now he is projected to go 14 overall.

We got a better chance at landing Dre than Brockers.

Bmore Manning
04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
He has a chance to be at 25, but it's a small chance. Right now he is projected to go 14 overall.

We got a better chance at landing Dre than Brockers.

Kirpatrick @25 would be great.. But it seems unlikely..
I can't wait until next Thursday.

razorwire77
04-16-2012, 09:14 AM
We're through the looking glass here people! It all makes sense!

Bowlen is broke and we haven't invested in defensive tackle because for the past 10 years, Pat has invested 600 million dollars in the accelerated genetic cloning of four bigger 340 pound versions of Mean Joe Greene. They are finally of mature age and ready to reek havoc on the football field.

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Kirpatrick @25 would be great.. But it seems unlikely..
I can't wait until next Thursday.

Most mocks and big boards have him going 20th, it's not as unlikely as it seems.
But we will never know until the draft.

This years draft will be interesting for this team.

socalorado
04-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Brockers is a total bust pick.
Reyes or Ta'Ammu.

Bmore Manning
04-16-2012, 09:20 AM
Brockers is a total bust pick.
Reyes or Ta'Ammu.

The tape I watched I was very impressed with Brockers.
At least your not advocating Worthy...

Smilin Assassin
04-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Even w/our lack of depth @ DT, I'm not bummed about this.

I also saw Stokely was visiting today. Would we have needed to make this move to bring him in?

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Just seems like yesterday fans were whining about McBean drawing yellow flags all over the field, screaming for him to be released.

Some are in full panic mode. Relax. Wait until after the draft to cause a DT uproar.

razorwire77
04-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Just seems like yesterday fans were whining about McBean drawing yellow flags all over the field, screaming for him to be released.

Some are in full panic mode. Relax. Wait until after the draft to cause a DT uproar.

The full on panic hilarity will start when Denver goes WR, DB, project QB, TE, S with the first 5 picks.

Kaylore
04-16-2012, 09:36 AM
Is Ben Garland really back? I thought I read he chose a career in the military...

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 09:39 AM
Is Ben Garland really back? I thought I read he chose a career in the military...

Probably did and then changed his mind real quick when he got in it :giggle:

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 09:43 AM
The full on panic hilarity will start when Denver goes WR, DB, project QB, TE, S with the first 5 picks.

Ha! Ya that would cause a lot of Deja Vu. ORAPKO or MORENO?

Spectre ArchAngel
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM

Either this season or next season.
He had the option to either serve first or play first. He picked to server first.

Garland is required by Department of Defense policy to serve at least 24 months active duty before applying for an early release. If granted, his remaining three years of active duty will be served in the Reserve for a period of six years.

Play2win
04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Mike Wallace, here we come!!

broncocalijohn
04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Last time I checked, McBean sucked.

Amazing people forget this or want to think he is at least a body when you are thin at DT. Vickerson and Warren better stay healthy this season. What we don't have in a 10 game season for McBean is a backup (to a backup?). He was going to be in for 63% of the games.

bronco militia
04-16-2012, 10:23 AM

he can probably use his leave during training camp

at mcbean news:

http://www.hk94.com/images/nooooooooooooo1ox.jpg

yawn

Lestat
04-16-2012, 10:30 AM
God i wish, i really, really, really wish.

Smilin Assassin
04-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Amazing people forget this or want to think he is at least a body when you are thin at DT. Vickerson and Warren better stay healthy this season. What we don't have in a 10 game season for McBean is a backup (to a backup?). He was going to be in for 63% of the games.

I don't think anyone is forgetting this. But, a body that can be replaced at anytime.

I don't want to bash McBean, but his loss won't hurt this defense IMO. We need DTs. That hasn't changed or increased w/this transaction.

Lestat
04-16-2012, 10:33 AM
Thomas is likely to re-sign with the team. He said on twitter he is just waiting on Denver.

Unless they don't want him, he will be a Broncos this season.

Del Rio isn't the head coach, Fox opinion weights more on Elway than Del Rio's.

Fox is a defensive HC, Del Rio is a defensive HC, Fox & Del Rio were together in Carolina before Del Rio went to Jacksonville.
any HC is going to try to make sure his coordinators have the tools they need.
this is the 2nd DC in 2 seasons for Fox and he'll likely work with Del Rio to make sure they get some guys on draft day. more importantly, what head coach do you know of that is going to say "i want you to run the defense but i'm only gonna give you 3 bodies to work with and maybe one draft pick to run you defense."

eddie mac
04-16-2012, 11:00 AM
McBean was not released because he was not under contract. His tender was rescinded and it was a $1.5m one. Too pricey for a guy with a 6 game suspension hanging over his head. He's only worth the league minimum at best around $700k.

Old Dude
04-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Five years in the league. Four with Denver. An average of ten tackles per year. Career total of four sacks. Offset by three 15-yard penalties for facemasking. Now suspended in upcoming season for 6 games for substance abuse.

It may not be easy but I think life here in Denver will still find a way to go on somehow.

Requiem
04-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Five years in the league. Four with Denver. An average of ten tackles per year. Career total of four sacks. Offset by three 15-yard penalties for facemasking. Now suspended in upcoming season for 6 games for substance abuse.

It may not be easy but I think life here in Denver will still find a way to go on somehow.

REP! Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 11:24 AM

The country is starving for a DT when we think losing a guy like this hurts.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 11:25 AM

Well, when you put it that way...

Hilarious!

TonyR
04-16-2012, 11:30 AM

I do expect a DT with at least one of the top 3 picks this year but I really wouldn't be all that surprised by a draft somewhere along those lines, although I'd replace either DB or S with RB.

eddie mac
04-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Perhaps Marcus Thomas will be signed now?

According to Josina Anderson, Thomas is looking for a long-term deal and his people are throwing it out there that they have 2 good offers on the table, considering he never visited any team I call bull**** on that.

He'll re-sign on a 1 year deal most likely.

CHANGSTER
04-16-2012, 12:20 PM
If McBean is still needed after the draft, sign him cheap. No biggie.

Rolandftw
04-16-2012, 12:22 PM
So, this leaves us with what? 2 DT's?

Now, I know he sucks but still...

oubronco
04-16-2012, 12:30 PM
So, this leaves us with what? 2 DT's?

Now, I know he sucks but still...

Justin Bannan, Ben Garland, Jeremy Jarmon, Sealver Siliga, Mitch Unrein, Kevin Vickerson, and Ty Warren

according to the team website there's 7

broncosteven
04-16-2012, 12:45 PM
How many of mCd's guys are left 2 years later?

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Justin Bannan, Ben Garland, Jeremy Jarmon, Sealver Siliga, Mitch Unrein, Kevin Vickerson, and Ty Warren

according to the team website there's 7

Jesus Christ that's a depressing group of slap ***** and has beens.

Jeremy Jarmon was cut last year after we traded Gaffney for him. Gaffney went on to have a career year and a career twitter rage...which was awesome.

Ty Warren's played only slightly more NFL football in the past two years than most posters on this board.

Most of these guys are past their prime. The rest of them never had a prime and this guy here is dead.

"Well cross him off then."

bendog
04-16-2012, 12:53 PM
I want to see what Jarmon's got. He was a legit 3rd round pick who lost his senior year on a drug test that found some over the counter but banned supplement. He lost his job in Wash when Shanny went with the 3-4, and then tried to convert to the 4-3 under/over tackle role. And, they got three guys who are legit NFL players (assuming they're healthy) and really only Warren seems to be 'permanently injured with something or another"

It's just not ALL that bad. It's just that it's the easiest thing to bitch about after Den signed the top FA and 3 guys in the top 50 or so.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 12:57 PM
I want to see what Jarmon's got. He was a legit 3rd round pick who lost his senior year on a drug test that found some over the counter but banned supplement. He lost his job in Wash when Shanny went with the 3-4, and then tried to convert to the 4-3 under/over tackle role. And, they got three guys who are legit NFL players (assuming they're healthy) and really only Warren seems to be 'permanently injured with something or another"

It's just not ALL that bad. It's just that it's the easiest thing to b**** about after Den signed the top FA and 3 guys in the top 50 or so.

Jarmon's got camp fodder written all over him...for about 31 teams. It is only our paper thin front 7 where he has a shot to make a roster.

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, he made the skins roster his first two seasons in the league, and he had a decent SEC career. I mean I don't know. He was a throw away to drop Gaffney's contract for sure, but he was in the Skins rotation and didn't take to changing from DE to DT. Camp fodder is a UDFA.

He's got the right build for U/O tackle, and coming from a DE, he should have a decent first step to get into the gap. It looks to me that EFX are getting vets with size to fill the NT role, and they're lining up smaller/younger guys to rotate in as penetrators.

Drek
04-16-2012, 01:28 PM
How many of mCd's guys are left 2 years later?

McBean was a Shanahan pick up, FYI.

barryr
04-16-2012, 07:24 PM
McBean doesn't do much and a bonehead. The Broncos need DT's, but at least one good one. McBean had like one good game in his career that I remember. I still expect the Broncos to sign another DT at some point.

BroncoBen
04-16-2012, 08:00 PM

No kidding.. the writing was on the wall with McBean, not a big deal.

Actually I'll wait till the first cuts start happening before the season to worry about DT.

I really don't think the DT 'uproar' is all that warranted.. now if Vickerson and Warren are still hindered by injury, then maybe...

Archer81
04-16-2012, 08:11 PM
The plan.

Step 1. Cut/ignore all DT's. Step 2. Something happens. Step 3. Profit.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 08:17 PM
The plan.

Step 1. Cut/ignore all DT's due to be suspended. Step 2. Watch fans freak out for some reason. Step 3. Profit.

FYP

Archer81
04-16-2012, 08:22 PM
FYP

No, it was right the first time.

broncosteven
04-17-2012, 11:30 AM
McBean was a Shanahan pick up, FYI.

I didn't realize it because he was a practice squad guy who Josh promoted. I should have checked.