PDA

View Full Version : Broncos move back, load up on picks

Pages : 1 [2] 3

yerner
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Neither Tamme, nor Dreessen, are anywhere close to Fleener. Fleener is better than Gronkowski.

Tamme was a backup to Dallas Clark. Dreessen is primarily a blocking TE, who is capable of catching.

wow. you lost all credibility with this post.

DBroncos4life
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Any chance you could break this one down for us? Just for fun?

He left off the first name for a reason...:giggle:

pricejj
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Any chance you could break this one down for us? Just for fun?

Fleener is a better prospect than Gronkowski. How about that? There are not too many guys in the NFL who are 6'6", can run a 4.45 forty, have great hands, and elite production at the college level to back it up.

Like I said, it's HIGHLY unlikely that the Broncos will pick Fleener...but somebody is going to be extremely happy that they got him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Being a Stanford fan and have seen Fleener play in person alot , he's the real deal. Will be a probowler. He's been groomed in an nfl style offense that utilized the TE position.

bronco militia
04-23-2012, 01:04 PM
This post isnt real life is it?...

LOL

Shananahan
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Kinda funny, but Cosell has Denver taking Fleener in his first (admittedly unrealistic) mock: http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/04/23/cosell-talks-mock-draft/

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
I think you should change the name of the thread again.

Doggcow
04-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Being a Stanford fan and have seen Fleener play in person alot , he's the real deal. Will be a probowler. He's been groomed in an nfl style offense that utilized the TE position.

What big games did he and your lover luck win?

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Right. Crappatrick was able to hide all of his deficiencies by playing with a superstar defense filled with legit talent.
Then off the field he smokes weed and gets caught. Awesome.
Just playing his role on and off the field.
Hes a 2nd-3rd round talent and nothing more.

as a fan who roots for Auburn in the Iron Bowl and loves to see Bama suck. most of what you said makes me laugh in a good way and is things i've said to my Bama friends and co-workers.

however i do believe that Kirkpatrick will be a very good NFL CB. i don't think he'll be a turnover forcing guy but i do believe he'll be a good who can cover and match up well with WR's.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM

And here come the haters. Good thing the haters have Jordan Williamsons leg so they can feel good about absurd statements like this.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:15 PM
i wonder though, with Elway making it known they'd likely move back and not up if they're targeting a certain player they really like but think his draft value is lower 1st to high 2nd.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 01:23 PM
i do believe that Kirkpatrick will be a very good NFL CB. i don't think he'll be a turnover forcing guy but i do believe he'll be a good who can cover and match up well with WR's.

That's my position, as well, except that I think in the NFL he'll create more turnovers. Alabama's defense was top 15 in pass attempts per game, top 3 in completions per game, number 1 in completion %, number 1 in pass yards given up, number 1 in touchdowns given up.

If people think Kirkpatrick didn't have anything to do with that because he didn't have an INT, I don't know what to tell them. They're idiots? ???

DBroncos4life
04-23-2012, 01:24 PM
i wonder though, with Elway making it known they'd likely move back and not up if they're targeting a certain player they really like but think his draft value is lower 1st to high 2nd.

Xanders told him too.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2012, 01:27 PM
That's my position, as well, except that I think in the NFL he'll create more turnovers.

Way to go out on a limb when all he needs is one. :)

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-23-2012, 01:29 PM

And since when is a college teams success the top priority? You can have pat white, Vince young and Matt leinhart. They won big games in college.

Lestat
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
That's my position, as well, except that I think in the NFL he'll create more turnovers. Alabama's defense was top 15 in pass attempts per game, top 3 in completions per game, number 1 in completion %, number 1 in pass yards given up, number 1 in touchdowns given up.

If people think Kirkpatrick didn't have anything to do with that because he didn't have an INT, I don't know what to tell them. They're idiots? ???

Bama is not a turnover producing D. they play to stop you, get you in long down and distances and beat you up. their players are well coached on D especially and they in general do well in the NFL.

houghtam
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Way to go out on a limb when all he needs is one. :)

Thanks!

Mogulseeker
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm excited about Tamme this year, though. I think he's going to be good in this system... also Dreesen and Thomas...

I wonder if the Broncos are going no FB this year and just going with big (2TE/2WR) one-back sets.

It seems like John Fox really likes Tight Ends (no homo).

Bronco Rob
04-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Neither Tamme, nor Dreessen, are anywhere close to Fleener. Fleener is better than Gronkowski.

Tamme was a backup to Dallas Clark. Dreessen is primarily a blocking TE, who is capable of catching.

???

Bronco Rob
04-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Elway: Broncos not desperate for DT

by Bill Williamson 6:00pm April 23 2012

gave Denver Michigan State defensive tackle Jerel Worthy with the No. 25 pick of our live bloggers mock draft earlier Monday.

At about the same time, Denver football czar John Elway was telling reporters that the Broncos are not necessarily going to take a defensive tackle. It has been widely considered that it will be the teamís first target area. Not so fast, says Elway.

ďWe donít feel as bad about our tackles as everybody else does,Ē Elway said in a pre-daft news conference. ďI think that we feel OK there and Ty Warren will be back coming off an injury and (Kevin) Vickerson is coming back and then we have some young guys in there where we feel like weíll be OK. Itís not nearly the need in our minds that people think it is.Ē

Still, at some point early in the draft I think Denver will, at least, consider talking a player at the spot. Elway said Denver will take the best player available when they chose and they are wide open at this point.

ďWeíre going to go in and continue as we get closer if we hear some things about going up or down, weíll look at everythingĒ Elway said. ďWeíll continue to work on our board, set our board, do our mock drafts, see how things might fall. Again, we donít have a mindset of exactly what weíre going to do. Weíre going to have to wait and see until we get close to that pick at No. 25 and see how the board falls, weíll never know. Itís a mindset that we want to find the guy that is going to come in and have an impact when it is offensively or defensively.Ē

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43064/elway-broncos-not-desperate-for-dt

Lestat
04-23-2012, 10:15 PM
desperate no, but it's a clear need and you can't be foolish enough to pass the issue up in two straight drafts and hope that you can keep you lone two starting caliber ones healthy.

this is the same issue was QB was for me, just because you have a guy doesn't mean you can't and shouldn't improve the position.

pricejj
04-23-2012, 11:43 PM
desperate no, but it's a clear need and you can't be foolish enough to pass the issue up in two straight drafts and hope that you can keep you lone two starting caliber ones healthy.

this is the same issue was QB was for me, just because you have a guy doesn't mean you can't and shouldn't improve the position.

Here are some things I took from Elway's presser:
1. He knows they screwed up by not re-signing Bunkley, and does not want to pick DT at #25.
1. He is not that excited about the choices at #25 and #57.
2. He would rather trade down from #25, because he doesn't think the value will be there with what is left on the board.
3. The Broncos will pick BPA at a position of need...not BPA.
4. He plans on the first 2 picks being rotational guys.
5. The Broncos most important needs are UT and CB.
6. For each pick, they will choose between the top ranked prospects of 3 positions of need, and decide who will make the biggest impact on the team.
7. I think they will choose between UT, CB, and RB for the first pick...with preference given to improving the Defense.
8. I think they tried to trade for Asante Samuel to eliminate the need to pick CB with one of the first two picks.

>I think ultimately the 25th pick will come down to Still or Reyes, because Kirkpatrick will be off the board.
>At #57 they will choose between the best remaining CB (Boykin, Hosley) and the best remaining RB (Pead)...ultimately choosing Boykin.
>At #87 they will choose the best remaining RB (Cyrus Gray, or Robert Turbin). Probably choosing Robert Turbin...a guy I wasn't particularly impressed with.

I would have a hard time stomaching this draft scenario, because Bunkley>Still...and Boykin is nothing special.

Bronco Rob
04-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Adam Schefter

Bengals free-agent WR Jerome Simpson is being suspended three games under the substance abuse policy, per NFL source.

:sunshine:

bowtown
04-24-2012, 05:36 AM
Here is a list of my own opinions that I have projected onto a completely vague presser by John Elway that actually infers none of the following:
1. He knows they screwed up by not re-signing Bunkley, and does not want to pick DT at #25.
1. He is not that excited about the choices at #25 and #57.
2. He would rather trade down from #25, because he doesn't think the value will be there with what is left on the board.
3. The Broncos will pick BPA at a position of need...not BPA.
4. He plans on the first 2 picks being rotational guys.
5. The Broncos most important needs are UT and CB.
6. For each pick, they will choose between the top ranked prospects of 3 positions of need, and decide who will make the biggest impact on the team.
7. I think they will choose between UT, CB, and RB for the first pick...with preference given to improving the Defense.
8. I think they tried to trade for Asante Samuel to eliminate the need to pick CB with one of the first two picks.

>I think ultimately the 25th pick will come down to Still or Reyes, because Kirkpatrick will be off the board.
>At #57 they will choose between the best remaining CB (Boykin, Hosley) and the best remaining RB (Pead)...ultimately choosing Boykin.
>At #87 they will choose the best remaining RB (Cyrus Gray, or Robert Turbin). Probably choosing Robert Turbin...a guy I wasn't particularly impressed with.

I would have a hard time stomaching this draft scenario, because Bunkley>Still...and Boykin is nothing special.

FYP

Vegas_Bronco
04-24-2012, 06:04 AM
What if a ilb, wr or tackle is the bpa at 25?....hahaaa we are in for a suprise.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2012, 07:13 AM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter
The Falcons now are involved in discussions to trade for Eagles cornerback Asante Samuel, according to sources in Atlanta.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Broncos have zero desire to get into any bidding wars for asante samuel...

This is evidence that denver is now moving in another direction imo...

pricejj
04-24-2012, 08:35 AM
What if a ilb, wr or tackle is the bpa at 25?....hahaaa we are in for a suprise.

I could see them possibly drafting Hightower (but I doubt it). I do not think they view OT as a "position of need".

This is evidence that denver is now moving in another direction imo...

If the Broncos are not able to acquire Asante Samuel, they will take a CB with one of the top 2 picks. If Kirkpatrick is off the board, they will go DT at #25, and CB at #57.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 08:38 AM
I could see them possibly drafting Hightower (but I doubt it). I do not think they view OT as a "position of need".

If the Broncos are not able to acquire Asante Samuel, they will take a CB with one of the top 2 picks. If Kirkpatrick is off the board, they will go DT at #25, and CB at #57.

I no longer believe denver is going dt in the 1st unless brockers somehow falls...

I see rb,lb, or even guard/c if kirkpatrick isnt there...

pricejj
04-24-2012, 08:42 AM
I no longer believe denver is going dt in the 1st unless brockers somehow falls...

I see rb,lb, or even guard/c if kirkpatrick isnt there...

I wish that was the case, but I don't think so. They are going to draft a "position of need".

Unless you think they value Doug Martin over Still/Reyes/Worthy (I don't think they do). Hightower remains a remote possibility.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 08:46 AM
I wish that was the case, but I don't think so. They are going to draft a "position of need".

Unless you think they value Doug Martin over Still/Reyes/Worthy (I don't think they do). Hightower remains a remote possibility.

If hightower falls to them which is certainly possible, i think denver should seriously consider him... but with their investments in mays and irving, you may be right in seeing that as only a remote possibility...

TonyR
04-24-2012, 08:47 AM

I hope the Broncos stay involved. It sounds like a 4th round pick at most is all it will take to get him because the Eagles main goal is to shed his salary. The major issue is coming to terms with Samuel. He doesn't want to give up too much of his current contract, but nobody wants to pay him what he's currently owed. Since the Broncos are in pretty good cap shape they shouldn't let a relatively small amount of $ rule them out.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 08:49 AM
The role that Kirkpatrick can serve in our secondary goes far beyond him just being a cornerback. He brings a lot of value there.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 08:52 AM
I hope the Broncos stay involved. It sounds like a 4th round pick at most is all it will take to get him because the Eagles main goal is to shed his salary. The major issue is coming to terms with Samuel. He doesn't want to give up too much of his current contract, but nobody wants to pay him what he's currently owed. Since the Broncos are in pretty good cap shape they shouldn't let a relatively small amount of $ rule them out.

If the Broncos don't get Asante Samuel...we are pretty much screwed in the draft (forced to go overdraft DT in round 1). Unfortunately, I do not think the Broncos have the fortitude to win the bidding war.

Broncoman13
04-24-2012, 09:01 AM

The issue is definitely contract. They were talking about it yesterday. The Broncos are willing to guarantee salary, like they did with Manning... But don't have the $ to do up front bonuses. If they could get Samuel at $6 per season, they would be able to guarantee his salary. The problem is, if Samuel is going to take a pay cut, he wants a lot of upfront money.

Bronco Rob
04-24-2012, 09:51 AM
@AdamShefter reports, Denver is not expected to trade for Eagles CB Assante Samuel. Falcons now in the mix

TonyR
04-24-2012, 09:54 AM
@AdamShefter reports, Denver is not expected to trade for Eagles CB Assante Samuel...

Translation: Samuel's contract demands are way out of range of what Denver is willing to pay.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2012, 10:16 AM
If the Broncos don't get Asante Samuel...we are pretty much screwed in the draft (forced to go overdraft DT in round 1).

Why would not acquiring Samuel force them to overdraft a DT? The last time I checked, Samuel doesn't play DT.

EmpireOrange
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
If the Broncos don't get Asante Samuel...we are pretty much screwed in the draft (forced to go overdraft DT in round 1). Unfortunately, I do not think the Broncos have the fortitude to win the bidding war.

I hope you can count cards because youre practically retarded, rainman

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Translation: Samuel's contract demands are way out of range of what Denver is willing to pay.
Denver doesnt want to pay out bonus, i bet thats the problem...

pricejj
04-24-2012, 10:42 AM
Why would not acquiring Samuel force them to overdraft a DT? The last time I checked, Samuel doesn't play DT.

1. Fox - "We need more pass rush from the Defensive Tackle position".
2. Elway - "You can never have enough pass rusher's or cornerbacks".
3. There won't be any CB's worthy of #25 overall (unless Kirkpatrick falls...whom I don't like).
4. Out of the 9 players the Broncos brought in, the only "1st round" prospects were Worthy and Reyes.
5. Prepare your anus for Kirkpatrick, Still, Worthy, or Reyes in the 1st.

By not signing Asante Samuel, the Broncos will force themselves to pick CB with one of the 1st two picks. Unless Kirkpatrick falls, they will pick CB in round 2...and therefore pick DT in round 1.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I'm not following your "logic" pricejj.

Whether or not Samuel signs here in the next 48 hrs will have zero bearing on when and if they draft a DT on Thursday. Their grades are already locked in. It may have an effect on how high they draft a CB, because that is the position Samuel plays, but again.....it will have zero bearing on their decision to draft a DT.

pricejj
04-24-2012, 11:15 AM
I'm not following your "logic" pricejj.

Whether or not Samuel signs here in the next 48 hrs will have zero bearing on when and if they draft a DT on Thursday. Their grades are already locked in. It may have an effect on how high they draft a CB, because that is the position Samuel plays, but again.....it will have zero bearing on their decision to draft a DT.

Elway specifically said when they are going through their mock drafts this week, they will be looking at "packages".

1. DT/CB/RB - extremely likely
2. DT/RB/CB - unlikely they think a quality CB remains in the 3rd
3. RB/DT/CB - unlikely they think a quality CB remains in the 3rd
4. CB/DT/RB - only if Kirkpatrick falls to #25
5. Probability of NOT picking a DT in rounds 1 or 2 - < 0.0000000000001%

Bigdawg26
04-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I think the broncos are going to trade down from 25 if Kirkpatrick isn't there.

peacepipe
04-24-2012, 11:25 AM
damn,I can't wait for the draft. I'm so tired speculating & predicting the draft,I wanna talk about who we drafted.

BroncoInferno
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM
1. Fox - "We need more pass rush from the Defensive Tackle position".
2. Elway - "You can never have enough pass rusher's or cornerbacks".
3. There won't be any CB's worthy of #25 overall (unless Kirkpatrick falls...whom I don't like).
4. Out of the 9 players the Broncos brought in, the only "1st round" prospects were Worthy and Reyes.
5. Prepare your anus for Kirkpatrick, Still, Worthy, or Reyes in the 1st.

By not signing Asante Samuel, the Broncos will force themselves to pick CB with one of the 1st two picks. Unless Kirkpatrick falls, they will pick CB in round 2...and therefore pick DT in round 1.

Elway also went to pains to emphasize that they are going to go BPA, and not lock themselves into a certain position. I'm not sure I buy your logic.

Beantown Bronco
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM
Elway specifically said when they are going through their mock drafts this week, they will be looking at "packages".

1. DT/CB/RB - extremely likely
2. DT/RB/CB - unlikely they think a quality CB remains in the 3rd
3. RB/DT/CB - unlikely they think a quality CB remains in the 3rd
4. CB/DT/RB - only if Kirkpatrick falls to #25
5. Probability of NOT picking a DT in rounds 1 or 2 - < 0.0000000000001%

And my point is, that figure in bold won't change regardless of the uniform Samuel is wearing on Thursday.

Drek
04-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I think the broncos are going to trade down from 25 if Kirkpatrick isn't there.

I think they'll want to trade down if Kirkpatrick isn't there. But will they find a partner to dance with? That is the real question.

My bet is that they view the Worthy/Still/Reyes/Thompson/Wolfe group as early 2nd round value and don't want to over pick to get one of them. Thus, if someone they don't have high on their board at a need position isn't available at #25 they're going to try and trade out.

What I think will actually happen is someone they like (Kirkpatrick, Brockers, maybe even Coples) sitting at #25 and them jumping on it. Then being surprised again when one of the DTs they like are still on the board in the 2nd, leading to them forsaking their desire to draft Lamar Miller. This forces them to go with Robert Turbin in the 3rd instead, just missing out on Miller, who winds up the better player anyhow.

So in short, my three round Broncos mock is: Kirkpatrick, Reyes, Turbin. :)

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 11:47 AM

Don't argue with our draft expert.

Bmore Manning
04-24-2012, 11:59 AM
I think they'll want to trade down if Kirkpatrick isn't there. But will they find a partner to dance with? That is the real question.

My bet is that they view the Worthy/Still/Reyes/Thompson/Wolfe group as early 2nd round value and don't want to over pick to get one of them. Thus, if someone they don't have high on their board at a need position isn't available at #25 they're going to try and trade out.

What I think will actually happen is someone they like (Kirkpatrick, Brockers, maybe even Coples) sitting at #25 and them jumping on it. Then being surprised again when one of the DTs they like are still on the board in the 2nd, leading to them forsaking their desire to draft Lamar Miller. This forces them to go with Robert Turbin in the 3rd instead, just missing out on Miller, who winds up the better player anyhow.

Wow I could deff dig that!
Brockers, Reyes, Turbin

pricejj
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Elway also went to pains to emphasize that they are going to go BPA, and not lock themselves into a certain position. I'm not sure I buy your logic.

He said "BPA at a position of need", which I hate.

And my point is, that figure in bold won't change regardless of the uniform Samuel is wearing on Thursday.

I think we would all rather not overdraft a DT (including EFX), and wait until the 2nd round, but I think that is HIGHLY unlikely.

Don't argue with our draft expert.

you never give me a break. :)

DBroncos4life
04-24-2012, 12:24 PM
He said "BPA at position of need", which I hate.

I think we would all rather not overdraft a DT, and wait until the 2nd round, which I think is HIGHLY unlikely.

you never give me a break. :)

I'll say you try hard and mean well. There. :P:

Drek
04-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Wow I could deff dig that!
Brockers, Reyes, Turbin

I'd prefer Kirkpatrick, Reyes, and Turbin myself, but sure. Add another DT like Mike Martin by packaging our 4ths to move back up maybe. That is the dream draft to me.

Gcver2ver3
04-24-2012, 12:47 PM
I'd prefer Kirkpatrick, Reyes, and Turbin myself, but sure. Add another DT like Mike Martin by packaging our 4ths to move back up maybe. That is the dream draft to me.

That would be an A+ grade...

Carmelo15
04-24-2012, 01:02 PM
The role that Kirkpatrick can serve in our secondary goes far beyond him just being a cornerback. He brings a lot of value there.

Req is right. Kirkpatrick has the right size/speed ratio we've been looking for to cover tight ends. He'd almost be a CB/S hybrid. Tight ends have been killing us for years. Kirkpatrick helps with that problem immensely. It's probably the biggest reason we value him so much.

TonyR
04-24-2012, 01:24 PM

Hey, you're stealing from that site you hate!

...I want to talk about what I mean by inside coverage players. Offenses have started to leverage the TE very effectively in the passing game, and it causes defenses problems, because you have to constantly decide whether to try to play base or a sub package. What defenses need, then, are sub-package players who can hold up against a base running game.

Who can cover Aaron Hernandez one-on-one? Not many players have a prayer, especially since most teams are bracketing Rob Gronkowski. The Broncos (and all AFC contenders) need to identify specialty players who can be big Nickel types and come in and cover a Hernandez.

One guy who comes to mind is Dre Kirkpatrick, who kind of reminds me of Antrel Rolle. Heís not quite fast or fluid enough to be an every-down outside CB, but heís got good size and long arms, and heís the kind of player who can compete for the ball with bigger men. Another big CB who could potentially play against TEs is Trumaine Johnson of Montana. I donít see a lot of Grizzlies football, but heís well-regarded as a mid-round pick.

There are a few LBs who I think can be trained to be good coverage guys, including Zach Brown, Sean Spence, and Kyle Wilber. Itís hard at that position to find the kind of speed to cover a Hernandez, though.

Among the safeties, my favorite for this specialty job is George Iloka of Boise State. He has a CB background, and heís 6-3, 225 pounds with 34.5-inch arms, which are exceptionally long for his height. I donít think heís probably ever going to be a good starting Safety, but he can be an exceptional big nickel guy against TEs.

This didnít get a lot of press, but a big part of the Giants beating the Patriots was how well they matched up with the two New England TEs. They did it by having three above-average Safeties in Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, and Deon Grant.

In the regular season, Gronkowski had 8-101-1, and Hernandez had 4-35-1 against the Giants. Good production, but not devastating game-changing production. In the Super Bowl, Hernandez had 8-67-1, and a banged-up Gronkowski had 2-26. The Giants kept New Englandís most dangerous skill players pretty well in check and went 2-0.

The Broncos are going to need to get the personnel together to do so, as well. I consider it a much higher priority than drafting a Running Back this weekend.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-its-getting-drafty-in-here

razorwire77
04-24-2012, 01:26 PM
Req is right. Kirkpatrick has the right size/speed ratio we've been looking for to cover tight ends. He'd almost be a CB/S hybrid. Tight ends have been killing us for years. Kirkpatrick helps with that problem immensely. It's probably the biggest reason we value him so much.

His versatility is valuable too. He has the size and physicality for Denver to stick him on the Gronks of the world, but he's also got the ability to jam little slot receivers off of the line at the snap which disrupts routes and helps to create coverage sacks for Von and Doom. Really starting to warm up to Dre if he's there at 25. Especially, if Brockers is off the board.

yerner
04-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey, you're stealing from that site you hate!

...I want to talk about what I mean by inside coverage players. Offenses have started to leverage the TE very effectively in the passing game, and it causes defenses problems, because you have to constantly decide whether to try to play base or a sub package. What defenses need, then, are sub-package players who can hold up against a base running game.

Who can cover Aaron Hernandez one-on-one? Not many players have a prayer, especially since most teams are bracketing Rob Gronkowski. The Broncos (and all AFC contenders) need to identify specialty players who can be big Nickel types and come in and cover a Hernandez.

One guy who comes to mind is Dre Kirkpatrick, who kind of reminds me of Antrel Rolle. Heís not quite fast or fluid enough to be an every-down outside CB, but heís got good size and long arms, and heís the kind of player who can compete for the ball with bigger men. Another big CB who could potentially play against TEs is Trumaine Johnson of Montana. I donít see a lot of Grizzlies football, but heís well-regarded as a mid-round pick.

There are a few LBs who I think can be trained to be good coverage guys, including Zach Brown, Sean Spence, and Kyle Wilber. Itís hard at that position to find the kind of speed to cover a Hernandez, though.

Among the safeties, my favorite for this specialty job is George Iloka of Boise State. He has a CB background, and heís 6-3, 225 pounds with 34.5-inch arms, which are exceptionally long for his height. I donít think heís probably ever going to be a good starting Safety, but he can be an exceptional big nickel guy against TEs.

This didnít get a lot of press, but a big part of the Giants beating the Patriots was how well they matched up with the two New England TEs. They did it by having three above-average Safeties in Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, and Deon Grant.

In the regular season, Gronkowski had 8-101-1, and Hernandez had 4-35-1 against the Giants. Good production, but not devastating game-changing production. In the Super Bowl, Hernandez had 8-67-1, and a banged-up Gronkowski had 2-26. The Giants kept New Englandís most dangerous skill players pretty well in check and went 2-0.

The Broncos are going to need to get the personnel together to do so, as well. I consider it a much higher priority than drafting a Running Back this weekend.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/you-got-served-its-getting-drafty-in-here

Well, Kirkpatrick has short arms. I believe 30.5 inches. Looks like this dude is talking out of his ass..again.

Tombstone RJ
04-24-2012, 01:33 PM

that's wet dream territory... never gonna happen...

elsid13
04-24-2012, 07:17 PM
AP source: Falcons hope to acquire Asante Samuel

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) The Atlanta Falcons were in negotiations on Tuesday to acquire cornerback Asante Samuel from the Philadelphia Eagles.

A trade for Samuel would provide a highlight to what has been a relatively quiet offseason for the Falcons, who have worked to retain their free agents instead of making a splash through trades or free agency

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ap-source-falcons-hope-acquire-154851513--nfl.html;_ylt=Asl_hnEzkBdbwM9OPbgnSxRDubYF

Denver724
04-24-2012, 08:21 PM

I have a feeling the the Broncos are going to pull off a draft day trade with the Ravens. They are looking for LB and WR. Houston also has both of those positions at the top of their list. Maybe we can move down a few spots and pick up a 4th. I think the Ravens have some compensatory picks (which can't be traded) so they may be willing to deal their other picks. I am hoping that K. Wright is there at #25 and the Rams trade up with us and we get the first pick in Rd #2. We will see.

Lestat
04-24-2012, 08:27 PM
trading with the Rams would be sweet if we could net #2 in the 2nd. i imagine that would require Blackmon to be gone and them not to want Floyd at #6 though.

Requiem
04-24-2012, 08:38 PM
The Rams have a lot of picks over the next few years. Not sure if they want to mortgage the future, but they have a lot of options. I'd love to trade with them.

barryr
04-24-2012, 08:50 PM
When teams are drafting BPA, the reality is it may not necessarily be in a position of the biggest need, but it is still a need. Every team has more than one need, but like for the Broncos, we know that top need is DT. But if a better player is sitting there at 25 and it is still a need spot, such as CB or RB, then that should be the pick and wait to get a DT later who likely will be just as good as one at 25.

People are just foolish if thinking a DT at 25 is going to be some kind of sack artist, Warren Sapp and whoever else was a great pass rushing DT. Sure, one of the DT's might be that, but which one?

If the Broncos go RB or CB or even another need spot at 25, I don't see it as end of the world unless they ignore DT all together, then I will wonder what is going on.

Carmelo15
04-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Actually there's been a lot of talk that the Rams aren't high on Blackmon as far as being the #6 pick. They are supposedly really liking Fletcher Cox. So moving up to #25 to grab Kendall Wright would actually make tons of sense for them in that scenario. I would actually like to move down to #39 better. We could get #39 and #65 for #25 and #120.
Then we have plenty of flexibility to move up in the 2nd from #57 as well. That first half of the 2nd will be a hot spot for players the Broncos should be really high on.

39. Lamar Miller, Still, Worthy, Reyes, Lavonte, Zach Brown, Doug Martin
57. Brandon Thompson, Alameda Ta'amu, Mychal Kendricks or one of the above drops.
65. Same as above or Billy Winn, Jared Crick, Derek Wolfe
87. One of the above drops or Sean Spence, Mike Martin, Isiah Pead, Chris Polk, Markelle Martin, George Iloka
Then we still have early picks in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds

Carmelo15
04-24-2012, 09:07 PM
Actually there's been a lot of talk that the Rams aren't high on Blackmon as far as being the #6 pick. They are supposedly really liking Fletcher Cox. So moving up to #25 to grab Kendall Wright would actually make tons of sense for them in that scenario. I would actually like to move down to #39 better. We could get #39 and #65 for #25 and #120.
Then we have plenty of flexibility to move up in the 2nd from #57 as well. That first half of the 2nd will be a hot spot for players the Broncos should be really high on.

39. Lamar Miller, Still, Worthy, Reyes, Lavonte, Zach Brown, Doug Martin
57. Brandon Thompson, Alameda Ta'amu, Mychal Kendricks or one of the above drops.
65. Same as above or Billy Winn, Jared Crick, Derek Wolfe
87. One of the above drops or Sean Spence, Mike Martin, Isiah Pead, Chris Polk, Markelle Martin, George Iloka
Then we still have early picks in the 4th, 5th and 6th rounds

Lestat
04-24-2012, 09:14 PM
When teams are drafting BPA, the reality is it may not necessarily be in a position of the biggest need, but it is still a need. Every team has more than one need, but like for the Broncos, we know that top need is DT. But if a better player is sitting there at 25 and it is still a need spot, such as CB or RB, then that should be the pick and wait to get a DT later who likely will be just as good as one at 25.

People are just foolish if thinking a DT at 25 is going to be some kind of sack artist, Warren Sapp and whoever else was a great pass rushing DT. Sure, one of the DT's might be that, but which one?

If the Broncos go RB or CB or even another need spot at 25, I don't see it as end of the world unless they ignore DT all together, then I will wonder what is going on.

the fear for most is that if DT isn't the first pick it might not be addressed at all or will be very late because there is always a run on DL in certain rounds, normally in the lower first and then early to mid 2nd. if you ignore and then the run occurs you might not address it for another 2 rounds based on value and then as you get further down the value list the quality diminishes and the main issue with why we have no one at DT is due to not drafting them high or at all.

barryr
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
the fear for most is that if DT isn't the first pick it might not be addressed at all or will be very late because there is always a run on DL in certain rounds, normally in the lower first and then early to mid 2nd. if you ignore and then the run occurs you might not address it for another 2 rounds based on value and then as you get further down the value list the quality diminishes and the main issue with why we have no one at DT is due to not drafting them high or at all.

Maybe so, but my guess would be the Broncos would deal for a DT in the offseason if that happened. Just finding a DT that can stay healthy and help stop the run is what I would like to see. With as many DT's that bust, the odds are more the DT the Broncos pick is going to be just an average player at best. Taking an average player because he plays a position of most need over a guy who may be a better, if not great player, who fills a lesser need, but still a need, is never a good idea. And I am one that believes DT is a must need for sure, but I fail to see any guaranteed pass rushing threat DT at 25 and run stuffing DT's can be had later.

Lestat
04-24-2012, 09:36 PM
i definitely don't want them to reach for a DT in the first when better players are on the board, but i also don't want the first DT to be drafted in the 3rd round.
you can't develop the positions you don't draft. you have to invest in the position to make it a strength. people always talk about the Giants DL but they have drafted overly when it wasn't a need because it was BPA. eventually the Broncos have to get to a point where the DL becomes BPA rather than the need. ideally we're going to be picking 27th or lower every season that Manning is here. so any player you draft is going to have issues and not be insanely great value, but BPA can't continue to be WR,QB or TE.

i'd love it if Poe,Coples or Brockers fell to #25 but if a 2nd round DT is the best available and a guy like Fleener,Hightower,DeCastro,Kirkpatrick or Hill is there and rated higher then you obviously take the BPA.

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 06:03 AM
The Falcons are on the verge of acquiring Eagles Pro-Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel for a late-round pick.

TonyR
04-25-2012, 06:41 AM
The Falcons are on the verge of acquiring Eagles Pro-Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel for a late-round pick.

It's funny, I had just heard this morning that they may have been using Samuel to pressure Grimes to sign his tender and now that he had they'd back off of Samuel. I guess not.

Rumored interest in trading for cornerback Asante Samuel helped get Brent Grimes to sign his franchise tender with the Falcons, but that decision doesnít seem to have done anything to the teamís interest in making a deal.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Falcons are on the verge of acquiring Samuel from the Eagles in exchange for a late-round pick. The move would give the Falcons a lot of depth at cornerback as Samuel would join Grimes and Dunta Robinson in a group that needs to improve on its performance from last season.

While there are obviously plenty of details to work out, one of the biggest is how this will all work salary wise. Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports that the Falcons are talking to Samuel about reworking the final two years of his deal, a must given the $10 million price tag he currently carries to a team thatís now set to pay Grimes $10.3 million in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-falcons-on-verge-of-acquiring-asante-samuel/

Bronco Rob
04-25-2012, 07:15 AM
It's funny, I had just heard this morning that they may have been using Samuel to pressure Grimes to sign his tender and now that he had they'd back off of Samuel. I guess not.

Rumored interest in trading for cornerback Asante Samuel helped get Brent Grimes to sign his franchise tender with the Falcons, but that decision doesnít seem to have done anything to the teamís interest in making a deal.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Falcons are on the verge of acquiring Samuel from the Eagles in exchange for a late-round pick. The move would give the Falcons a lot of depth at cornerback as Samuel would join Grimes and Dunta Robinson in a group that needs to improve on its performance from last season.

While there are obviously plenty of details to work out, one of the biggest is how this will all work salary wise. Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network reports that the Falcons are talking to Samuel about reworking the final two years of his deal, a must given the $10 million price tag he currently carries to a team thatís now set to pay Grimes $10.3 million in 2012.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/report-falcons-on-verge-of-acquiring-asante-samuel/

20 Mill!!

Beantown Bronco
04-25-2012, 07:43 AM
20 Mill!!

Crazy.....and, on top of that amount, Robinson's $5 mil salary is fully guaranteed this year. So his cap hit must be at least $7-10 mil. That's a lot of money to tie up in 3 CBs.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2012, 08:23 AM
I have a feeling there will be some upset broncos fans when the terms of the samuel deal are released....

phibacka31
04-25-2012, 09:26 AM
I know I may be crazy, but how sweet would it be to get Kuechly for Will... Hope that Irving can take over MLB of Mays gets better.... Von at Sam.... I'm drooling...

houghtam
04-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I know I may be crazy, but how sweet would it be to get Kuechly for Will... Hope that Irving can take over MLB of Mays gets better.... Von at Sam.... I'm drooling...

Screw it, let's just sacrifice next year's draft and get both Kuechly and Hightower and solve our LB problem for the next decade. LOL

Lestat
04-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Screw it, let's just sacrifice next year's draft and get both Kuechly and Hightower and solve our LB problem for the next decade. LOL

i wouldn't reject that idea... outside of the sacrificing next years draft part.

Broncoman13
04-25-2012, 10:01 AM
Kuechly should be a top 10 pick. Love his game, but if we trade up that far, we should be targeting Cox. Or even give up a little more and just get Trent Richardson.

If you want a Will, package a few picks to move up and draft Lavonte David or Zach Brown. Both could be on our board btw, they each have the size and speed to match up with TEs.

Almeda Ta'Amu is my favorite DT in the draft right now. You need strength in the middle. Poe fits the bill as does Thompson. Brockers, Still, Worthy, Reyes, and Wolfe are 3-4 ends IMO.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Kuechly should be a top 10 pick. Love his game, but if we trade up that far, we should be targeting Cox. Or even give up a little more and just get Trent Richardson.

If you want a Will, package a few picks to move up and draft Lavonte David or Zach Brown. Both could be on our board btw, they each have the size and speed to match up with TEs.

Almeda Ta'Amu is my favorite DT in the draft right now. You need strength in the middle. Poe fits the bill as does Thompson. Brockers, Still, Worthy, Reyes, and Wolfe are 3-4 ends IMO.

if we got Trent Richardson i wouldn't give a damn what we gave up for him. that's as good as a franchise QB. but, we have too many holes to do that and be a legit championship contender.

if we trade up far i would imagine that it's for Cox, he would be a great get on the DL. he can play DT and some DE, really flexible and would give the D some big time options.

houghtam
04-25-2012, 10:06 AM
i wouldn't reject that idea... outside of the sacrificing next years draft part.

The unfortunate thing is you'd almost have to in order to pull it off.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 10:07 AM
The unfortunate thing is you'd almost have to in order to pull it off.

true, but i bet we'd never see fools jogging over the middle again anytime soon. it'd be light you up and then lights out.

though i think the Broncos can still get a top LB even if it's not in the first.
Kendricks,David(well he might go late first),Wagner,Brown could be available at our 2nd.

BroncoInferno
04-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Sounds like Samuel-to-Atlanta is a done deal:

The Atlanta Falcons acquired Philadelphia Eagles Pro-Bowl cornerback Asante Samuel for a late-round pick, league sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday.

As part of the deal, Samuel restructured his contract, agreeing to a three-year, $18.5 million contract with the Falcons. Samuels' contract with the Eagles had called for him to earn $9.9 million in 2012 and $11.4 million in 2013.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7853300/atlanta-falcons-acquire-asante-samuel-philadelphia-eagles-sources-say

Guaranteed money (if any) not mentioned.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 12:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7853300/atlanta-falcons-acquire-asante-samuel-philadelphia-eagles-sources-say

good for them, CB in the top 3 selections is a lock. come on Kirkpatrick(1st),Johnson(2nd) or Robinson(2nd).

TonyR
04-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Sounds like Samuel-to-Atlanta is a done deal...

A good deal for them particularly if the contract is backloaded and/or the 3rd year is a team option.

TonyR
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
CB in the top 3 selections is a lock. come on Kirkpatrick(1st),Johnson(2nd) or Robinson(2nd).

Eagles have 3 top 51 picks so they could very possibly be in the mix at CB as well, although it may be a zero sum game since now maybe Atlanta is out of the mix...

maven
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM

I like the trade. Glad Denver wasn't the one making it.

houghtam
04-25-2012, 12:40 PM
true, but i bet we'd never see fools jogging over the middle again anytime soon. it'd be light you up and then lights out.

though i think the Broncos can still get a top LB even if it's not in the first.
Kendricks,David(well he might go late first),Wagner,Brown could be available at our 2nd.

Yeppers, there's not a chance it's going to happen, and like you said, I don't think it would be close to worth it to mortgage a whole draft for one guy.

But damn, Von Miller, Donta Hightower and Luke Kuechly would be a killer LB corps. We're talking Carson/Banks/Taylor here. And yes I realize it was a different style defense with Pepper Johnson in there, but the point still stands.

God I miss Al Wilson.

Bmore Manning
04-25-2012, 12:58 PM
That's a very affordable contract... It would have relegated Porter to Nickel duties and made him much more affordable for a deal next year..

eddie mac
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
I like the trade. Glad Denver wasn't the one making it.

I'd presume we couldn't afford it anyway. Afterall we're already paying $12.5m in cash to 2 cornerbacks this year.

UberBroncoMan
04-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Joe Mays $4 million

Asante Samuel $6 million

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Bronco Boy
04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
if we got Trent Richardson i wouldn't give a damn what we gave up for him. that's as good as a franchise QB.

Umm...what?

pricejj
04-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I'd presume we couldn't afford it anyway. Afterall we're already paying $12.5m in cash to 2 cornerbacks this year.

The Jets are paying somewhere around $20M for 3 CB's.

Requiem
04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Lammey says Denver's main guy is Kirkpatrick. If he is there at #25, he is the guy. If he slips to #20, Denver will get on the phones. Still states Denver likes Lamar Miller. Said Osweiler (if there in the third) would be one of their guys, but expects Denver to go with a QB in 3 or 4. Supposedly we like Winn/Ta'amu in the second. Nothing new, but his Twitter is blowing up.

cutthemdown
04-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Umm...what?

He's saying Richardson is Adrian Peterson good.

cutthemdown
04-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Lammey says Denver's main guy is Kirkpatrick. If he is there at #25, he is the guy. If he slips to #20, Denver will get on the phones. Still states Denver likes Lamar Miller. Said Osweiler (if there in the third) would be one of their guys, but expects Denver to go with a QB in 3 or 4. Supposedly we like Winn/Ta'amu in the second. Nothing new, but his Twitter is blowing up.

I really like Winn. I know he is a bit of a tweaner but he could slide around on the dline. He has a great motor and disrupts things behind the LOS.

If we could get Kirkpatrick 1, Winn 2 that would be awesome, but I think he goes earlier in the 2nd then we have a pick for.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 03:10 PM

this! Richardson is a franchise back that doesn't come around very often. you can give him 25-30 carries a game and he won't wear down. you give Manning a weapon like that and it's a wrap on offense. that's just unfair to the opposing D.

now mind you, i hate Bama, i hate Bama more than i hate Michigan State. but talent is talent and Bama produces talent.

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
What thread got deleted? Did price strike again?

Lestat
04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
I really like Winn. I know he is a bit of a tweaner but he could slide around on the dline. He has a great motor and disrupts things behind the LOS.

If we could get Kirkpatrick 1, Winn 2 that would be awesome, but I think he goes earlier in the 2nd then we have a pick for.

i think the foot injury really hurt his stock and kept him from rising, at one point he was expected to be in the mix of where his teammate Shea McClellin is currently projected at.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 03:15 PM
war room/draft rumors thread.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2012, 03:15 PM

I actually agree...

I think trent richardson can be every bit as good as AP...

I've never seen a combination of size power agility and speed in a guy...

Richardson is a special player imo...

DBroncos4life
04-25-2012, 03:16 PM
war room/draft rumors thread.

Why? :giggle:

Requiem
04-25-2012, 03:17 PM

My thread because it got derailed by IOAFM posts and stalkers. This thread is good enough.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 03:44 PM
My thread because it got derailed by IOAFM posts and stalkers. This thread is good enough.

you deleted it?

eddie mac
04-25-2012, 03:46 PM
The Jets are paying somewhere around $20M for 3 CB's.

Well the top brass thought they had a deal done but Samuel changed his mind according to Klis but the offer was lower than Atlanta's.

Ring a bell

Soliai
Bunkley
Samuel

If we wanted a CB that bad I'm pretty sure we already know what position's going to be attacked early tomorrow or Friday.

Bronco Rob
04-25-2012, 04:10 PM
you deleted it?

???

peacepipe
04-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Lammey says Denver's main guy is Kirkpatrick. If he is there at #25, he is the guy. If he slips to #20, Denver will get on the phones. Still states Denver likes Lamar Miller. Said Osweiler (if there in the third) would be one of their guys, but expects Denver to go with a QB in 3 or 4. Supposedly we like Winn/Ta'amu in the second. Nothing new, but his Twitter is blowing up.I would be a happy camper if we got him. hightower in the 1st & ta'amu in the 2nd would be perfect.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Well the top brass thought they had a deal done but Samuel changed his mind according to Klis but the offer was lower than Atlanta's.

Ring a bell

Soliai
Bunkley
Samuel

If we wanted a CB that bad I'm pretty sure we already know what position's going to be attacked early tomorrow or Friday.

Well, according to Elway "you can never have enough CB's", and we got killed when "teams spread us out". The Broncos were tied for 30th in the league in INT's (9), the NFL worst was 8.

I think the issue here is quality, and not quantity. Maybe they think drafting another non-ball hawking DB with the 1st round pick will fix it?

TonyR
04-25-2012, 04:26 PM
Why?

I made a couple of completely reasonable posts, one about the Giants and Osi U., another with a link and a comment from a IAOFM post. Req inexplicably neg repped me for both. I asked why. Lonestar made a comment about it. Thread deleted. I think Req was concerned about his apparent mental instability being exposed....

Bronco Rob
04-25-2012, 04:46 PM
Not getting Samuel won't kill Denver

[b]Apr 25 6:05 PM ET By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

became evident in the past couple of days the Denver Broncos were not going to be able to work out a deal for cornerback Asante Samuel.

Thus, it was no surprise that the Eagles sent Samuel to the Falcons for a reported seventh-round pick on Wednesday. The deal was finalized after Samuel agreed to a new deal with the Falcons. Denver and Samuel tried to strike a deal last week but were unable to.

Itís not the end of the world for Denver not to get Samuel. He would have been a nice addition and he would have given Denver flexibility moving forward. However, if the Broncos thought Samuel didnít fit in financially, there was no reason to go out of budget for a player who would have been a luxury addition.

In other AFC West news:

Several readers have asked me if safety Nick Collins could be an option in Oakland to reunite with Reggie McKenzie. Collins was released by the Packers on Wednesday. I think McKenzie, who came to Oakland from Green Bay, would be interested But Collins has a serious neck injury and it is unknown if he will be able to play again. If he is cleared, I think Oakland and several teams would show interest.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43196/not-getting-samuel-wont-kill-denver

Bigdawg26
04-25-2012, 04:56 PM

I would be happy with Kirkpatrick in the 1st and Ta'amu in the second.

Bronco Rob
04-25-2012, 05:25 PM

I hope we can land Mike Martin in the third.

cutthemdown
04-25-2012, 05:32 PM
I actually agree...

I think trent richardson can be every bit as good as AP...

I've never seen a combination of size power agility and speed in a guy...

Richardson is a special player imo...

No one could argue with adding a player like that. Plus I always love drafting players who either kill the quarterback, or score tds.

Lestat
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM
No one could argue with adding a player like that. Plus I always love drafting players who either kill the quarterback, or score tds.

even better though, he kills the players who can kill your QB. :strong:

McDman
04-25-2012, 05:34 PM

What is wrong with IAOFM? They have very well thought out points and convery them better than 99% of the posters here.

McDman
04-25-2012, 05:35 PM

What is wrong with IAOFM? They have very well thought out points and convery them better than 99% of the posters here.

pricejj
04-25-2012, 05:56 PM
I will go streaking down I-25 if the Broncos draft Derek Wolfe or Brandon Thompson.

Bronco Rob
04-25-2012, 08:41 PM
I will go streaking down I-25 if the Broncos draft Derek Wolfe or Brandon Thompson.

Broncoman13
04-25-2012, 09:21 PM

If they could get that in the first and second that would make our draft!

I would also love it if our draft worked out to get Poe. Scott Wright has a good point:
A three-year starter for the Tigers --- Named 2nd Team All-Conference USA in 2011 --- Led all prospects in the bench press at the Scouting Combine by putting up 44 reps of 225 pounds --- Gets knocked for a lack of production but posted similar tackles for a loss / sack numbers as Haloti Ngata, B.J. Raji and Phil Taylor at the same point in their careers --- Could project to nose tackle in either a 4-3 or 3-4 scheme and could also play the five-technique in an odd front --- Extraordinary physical specimen with truly rare blend of size / strength / athleticism.

Broncos_OTM
04-26-2012, 06:22 AM

I'm sure the lil guys talking about me as a stalker look at my user notes and my Cp. where it said he'd crush me, I finally called the lil guy out, and now he don't wanna play. that's okay he can play victim, he can play the look at me I have stalkers. he brought this on himself. if the guy writes check with his mouth, he should make sure he can cash them.

Broncos_OTM
04-26-2012, 06:27 AM
oh and I was reading this on kirkpatrick over at oft http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/dre-kirkpatrick-dropping-on-draft-boards/

TonyR
04-26-2012, 06:40 AM
There's a report out there saying the Broncos have talked about trading up to Jacksonville's No. 7 spot for CB Stephon Gilmore. Absurd. The Broncos have just one second-round pick (end of round at No. 57) and one third-round pick (end of round at No. 87). You can't get there from here. Broncos may move up a spot or three from No. 25, but even that is unlikely. Broncos wouldn't mind moving back, but they go to bed tonight expecting to make their pick at No. 25.

http://www.sulia.com/channel/all-sports/f/19de97d0-260a-470b-b3c2-68425a9fa447/?source=twitter

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 06:52 AM
[I]There's a report out there saying the Broncos have talked about trading up to Jacksonville's No. 7 spot for CB Stephon Gilmore. Absurd. The Broncos have just one second-round pick (end of round at No. 57) and one third-round pick (end of round at No. 87). You can't get there from here.

Atlanta got from 27 to 6 for a 2011 1st, 3rd, 4th and a 2012 1st and 4th. So, if EFX has the will, going from 25th to 7th is definitely doable. You could probably drop the future 4th since we would be moving up 18 spots versus 21 spots by Atlanta, but a 2012 1st, 3rd, 4th and 2013 1st would probably do it. I'm not advocating that by any means, but this guy is wrong in his assumption.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 06:55 AM
Atlanta got from 27 to 6 for a 2011 1st, 3rd, 4th and a 2012 1st and 4th.

I can maybe understand doing that for a franchise QB, but for a CB? I really hope something like this isn't even a remote possibility.

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 06:58 AM
I can maybe understand doing that for a franchise QB, but for a CB? I really hope something like this isn't even a remote possibility.

I agree...I'm just saying it's doable, contrary to that linked reporters claim.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 07:03 AM
I agree...I'm just saying it's doable, contrary to that linked reporters claim.

I hate this rumor because I'm going to be sick to the stomach until we pick in the 1st round! They really cannot be stupid enough to make a move like this. I'd much prefer Fletcher Cox if they move up but I wouldn't want to give up so much to get him, either.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 07:08 AM
The more I read about this, the more disappointed I am that the Broncos didn't get it done. For a 7th round pick and a very reasonable contract we could be set at CB. I really hope EFX know what they're doing...

In Philly, cornerback Asante Samuel was scheduled to earn over $20 million for the next two seasons. In Atlanta, he’ll earn slightly less.

Initially reported as having a value of $18.5 million over three years, a league source tells PFT that the base value of Samuel’s new contract is $14.5 million over three, with escalators that could push the number to $18.5 million.

The full details of the escalator package aren’t known, but the source says it includes factors like leading the league in interceptions and making it to the Pro Bowl.

The real question is whether the deal meshes with what Samuel would have gotten on the open market, since the reality is that the Eagles weren’t going to keep him at more than $10 million in 2012. And he likely wasn’t going to accept a pay cut if it meant being the third wheel to Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

So now he can be . . . the third wheel to Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/asante-gets-14-5-million-over-three-years-with-escalators/

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
^ I'd like to have landed him under those terms as well.

Regardless, Aso and DRC just got a LOT better without him in town.

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
I hate this rumor because I'm going to be sick to the stomach until we pick in the 1st round! They really cannot be stupid enough to make a move like this. I'd much prefer Fletcher Cox if they move up but I wouldn't want to give up so much to get him, either.

I'd be perfectly fine with it in the highly unlikely event that Richardson slipped to 7th. I love both Gilmore and Cox, so I wouldn't HATE the move for either of them, but agreed that is a lot to give up for those positions. One thing is for certain...if EFX makes this move, they believe there are fewer holes on the team than is the consensus.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Regardless, Aso and DRC just got a LOT better without him in town.

Yes, this is something of an addition by subtraction for them. But odd that a player of his quality got dumped for only a 7th when they were fishing for a 2nd for him last year.

I'm just annoyed that it appears from the outside looking in that our FO got outplayed once again. Great move by Atlanta to get a player like that for basically nothing. Between this, the DT situation, and the Mays resigning, among other things, I really have concerns about our FO. Hope they prove me "wrong" in the draft today (not that we'll have immediate proof one way or the other no matter what they do).

Dendave
04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Samual wanted to be a Falcon...if he wanted to be a Bronco he could have worked it out

“It was not a big deal for me at all (http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/04/25/qa-asante-samuel-happy-to-be-a-falcon/),” Samuel said of restructuring his contract. “That’s more something for my agent. He could talk to you about it. He did the deal. We just went over the numbers. I wanted to be a Falcon and they made it work.”

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 07:31 AM
Samual wanted to be a Falcon...if he wanted to be a Bronco he could have worked it out

ďIt was not a big deal for me at all (http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/04/25/qa-asante-samuel-happy-to-be-a-falcon/),Ē Samuel said of restructuring his contract. ďThatís more something for my agent. He could talk to you about it. He did the deal. We just went over the numbers. I wanted to be a Falcon and they made it work.Ē

Interesting. I assumed it was an issue of up front money, but the details of the restructing with Atlanta have not mentioned any signing bonus. You would think Denver would have been fine with a $5-$6 million per year deal or they wouldn't have even inquired. I wonder why he wouldn't want to go to Denver? East coast guy?

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 07:41 AM
Bills interested in moving up to #3 for Kalil:

http://tracking.si.com/2012/04/26/report-bills-interested-in-vikings-no-3-pick-eyeing-uscs-matt-kalil/

TonyR
04-26-2012, 07:43 AM
Samual wanted to be a Falcon...

Meh, I'm not buying it. If Denver got the deal done he'd be saying he wanted to be a Bronco. He didn't choose Atlanta over Denver. Denver was no longer involved when Atlanta came to the table.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 07:51 AM

Yep. If his name ain't Champ, **** dat.

eddie mac
04-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Meh, I'm not buying it. If Denver got the deal done he'd be saying he wanted to be a Bronco. He didn't choose Atlanta over Denver. Denver was no longer involved when Atlanta came to the table.

Klis did say Denver had a deal done, then Samuel changed his mind. Phonecall from the Falcons I reckon. He's the No1 CB there now regardless of the overrated Grimes.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 08:08 AM
Klis did say Denver had a deal done, then Samuel changed his mind. Phonecall from the Falcons I reckon. He's the No1 CB there now regardless of the overrated Grimes.

I hadn't seen that take, and if true perhaps I stand corrected. I thought there was a couple of days between Denver's failed negotiations and Atlanta's subsequent involvement. The original reporting I read was that Denver failed to reach an agreement with Samuel and no mention of Atlanta until a couple of days later.

Beantown Bronco
04-26-2012, 08:12 AM
Interesting. I assumed it was an issue of up front money, but the details of the restructing with Atlanta have not mentioned any signing bonus. You would think Denver would have been fine with a $5-$6 million per year deal or they wouldn't have even inquired. I wonder why he wouldn't want to go to Denver? East coast guy?

I'm sure the fact that he gets to play pretty much every game either in a dome or in and around his home state of FL didn't hurt.

Bronco Rob
04-26-2012, 09:31 AM
Denver mock draft

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43078/denver-mock-draft-3

Rabb
04-26-2012, 09:39 AM
If it went Brockers then Miller I would be very happy

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 09:40 AM
I think you should change the name of the thread again.

Absolutely.

I also think that when I post, I should probably quote all of my other posts so you guys have the chance to read them again.

BroncoInferno
04-26-2012, 09:49 AM
Denver mock draft

I would be very happy with this draft.

cmhargrove
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Denver mock draft

I would be ok with this, just change the Osweiler pick to Ryan Broyles/Sean Spence, then change the Streeter pick for a Center - either David Molk, or Phillip Blake.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 09:54 AM
If it went Brockers then Miller I would be very happy

I would love that draft!

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Denver mock draft

Dont want osweiler,not even in the third rd....

Other than that... good to go

ludo21
04-26-2012, 10:01 AM
i dig burger bill's mock

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 10:05 AM
Denver mock draft

Overall, that would be a really solid draft.

CEH
04-26-2012, 10:07 AM
I have Dre instead of Brockers but Bill and I have the exact same draft even Levy

I would love this draft

TonyR
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Long write-up on Worthy vs. Still.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/scouting-the-draft-worthy-versus-still

HILife
04-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Denver mock draft

I'm ok with this.

Broncoman13
04-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Denver mock draft

I would be thrilled with this draft. Osweiller isn't a stud, but could mature into one. He is kind of the ideal two-three year project. Reminds me a bit of Ryan Mallet but without the headcase issues...and more athletic.

The only way that draft could be better is if it were Poe in the first. But Brockers, despite the lack of strength, could be a stud in a few years.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I would be thrilled with this draft. Osweiller isn't a stud, but could mature into one. He is kind of the ideal two-three year project. Reminds me a bit of Ryan Mallet but without the headcase issues...and more athletic.

Osweiler is a worse version of Matt Leinart. He has never won anything, or even looked great losing in college. Love the hair though.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Matt Leinart and Brock Osweiler are nothing alike.

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Matt Leinart and Brock Osweiler are nothing alike.

x10000

Play2win
04-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Denver mock draft

Thats not a mock draft... thats a Brock draft ;D

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Osweiler is a worse version of Matt Leinart. He has never won anything, or even looked great losing in college. Love the hair though.

Hilarious!

Outside of them being both white I don't see how you can even compare the two QB's. I would like to see the break down. Osweiler arm strength alone sets him far apart from Leinart.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Hilarious!

Outside of them being both white I don't see how you can even compare the two QB's. I would like to see the break down. Osweiler arm strength alone sets him far apart from Leinart.

And dick length. :) Oh, wrong thread. <3

Heyneck
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
The more I read about this, the more disappointed I am that the Broncos didn't get it done. For a 7th round pick and a very reasonable contract we could be set at CB. I really hope EFX know what they're doing...

In Philly, cornerback Asante Samuel was scheduled to earn over $20 million for the next two seasons. In Atlanta, heíll earn slightly less.

Initially reported as having a value of $18.5 million over three years, a league source tells PFT that the base value of Samuelís new contract is $14.5 million over three, with escalators that could push the number to $18.5 million.

The full details of the escalator package arenít known, but the source says it includes factors like leading the league in interceptions and making it to the Pro Bowl.

The real question is whether the deal meshes with what Samuel would have gotten on the open market, since the reality is that the Eagles werenít going to keep him at more than $10 million in 2012. And he likely wasnít going to accept a pay cut if it meant being the third wheel to Nnamdi Asomugha and Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie.

So now he can be . . . the third wheel to Dunta Robinson and Brent Grimes.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/asante-gets-14-5-million-over-three-years-with-escalators/

The dude is another old CB. We don't need that! We need to find Champs replacement... not another stop gap solution. Plus... Samuel is way overrated.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 10:46 AM
And dick length. :) Oh, wrong thread. <3

lol you beat me too it.

Positives -- Massive size, is by far the largest quarterback of this class and draws comparisons to guys like Derek Anderson and Ryan Mallet for his size and arm strength... Huge arm, can make every throw at the next level, gets terrific zip on his intermediate throws... Can fit the ball into tight windows and
really sling the ball down the field... Put up big numbers during his only season as a starter, threw for over 4,000 yards and 26 touchdowns... Good footwork, moves well in the pocket and sets his feet before throwing... Will step into pressure, rarely throws off balance... Surprising athlete for his size, can scramble outside of the pocket, had previously committed to Gonzaga to play basketball... Osweiler's combination of size and mobility is rare and should intrigue NFL teams, needs to be coached up but could develop and be an effective NFL quarterback if given time.
Read more at Sideline Scouting: http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/qb/brock-osweiler/#ixzz1tAKhVmnm

Leinart's foot work isn't as good as it could be, but it obviously hasn't hurt him. However, if he works this out he will be an even better QB. The other area of concern for Leinart is his arm strength. While he has the arm to throw the ball deep, he doesn't, as of right now, have the arm to efficiently throw the deep out in the NFL.

Sounds like twins. ROFL!

Heyneck
04-26-2012, 10:50 AM

Easy... we didn't offer him the same money! Still glad this didn't went through! Tiered of stopgap solutions. Time to get and develop a stud CB!!!

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 10:52 AM
Drafting a backup QB in round two sounds like Plan B to me. :puff:

Requiem
04-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Drafting a backup QB in round two sounds like Plan B to me. :puff:

Ryan Lindley in the 4th. THATS WHO I WANT.

TonyR
04-26-2012, 10:59 AM
The dude is another old CB. We don't need that! We need to find Champs replacement... not another stop gap solution.

If only it were that simple. If "Champ's replacement" isn't available to them in the draft we don't have the solid 3rd CB this season we would have with Samuel. Getting him at such a reasonable cost would have allowed them to focus on other needs and worry about replacing Champ later. You can't fill all your needs with young studs. Just doesn't work that way.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:00 AM
Plenty of cornerbacks in this draft who can be our third guy and perhaps an heir apparent. Casey Heyward is gonna be sick nasty here in Denver.

CEH
04-26-2012, 11:05 AM
Plenty of cornerbacks in this draft who can be our third guy and perhaps an heir apparent. Casey Heyward is gonna be sick nasty here in Denver.

Rumors are NE may take him eariler than everyone is expecting with 2 1sts and 2 2nds

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Rumors are NE may take him eariler than everyone is expecting with 2 1sts and 2 2nds

Considering Claiborne, Gilmore and Kirkpatrick are all going in the Top 25, I'd venture to say that Casey is going to go very, very high. Toss in the fact that Janoris Jenkins is probably dropped from a lot of teams boards and it makes it be a certainty. I'd hate if New England got him. :(

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:13 AM
lol you beat me too it.

Positives -- Massive size, is by far the largest quarterback of this class and draws comparisons to guys like Derek Anderson and Ryan Mallet for his size and arm strength... Huge arm, can make every throw at the next level, gets terrific zip on his intermediate throws... Can fit the ball into tight windows and
really sling the ball down the field... Put up big numbers during his only season as a starter, threw for over 4,000 yards and 26 touchdowns... Good footwork, moves well in the pocket and sets his feet before throwing... Will step into pressure, rarely throws off balance... Surprising athlete for his size, can scramble outside of the pocket, had previously committed to Gonzaga to play basketball... Osweiler's combination of size and mobility is rare and should intrigue NFL teams, needs to be coached up but could develop and be an effective NFL quarterback if given time.
Read more at Sideline Scouting: http://www.sidelinescouting.com/rankings/2012/qb/brock-osweiler/#ixzz1tAKhVmnm

Leinart's foot work isn't as good as it could be, but it obviously hasn't hurt him. However, if he works this out he will be an even better QB. The other area of concern for Leinart is his arm strength. While he has the arm to throw the ball deep, he doesn't, as of right now, have the arm to efficiently throw the deep out in the NFL.

Sounds like twins. ROFL!

Yeah, i dont know where that comparison came from. They are polar opposites.
Except for the caucasian thing.
Osweiller is the perfect QB to groom behind Manning. Huge arm, big time athleticism, and smart. Also, Osweiller is personal friends with The Elways and Dennis Errickson who is also friends with The Elways.
Oh, and according to Req, hes got a monster pipe.

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Ive been talking up Heyward for a while now. Dude is a friggen baller.
Crappatrick is gonna be a bust.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 11:21 AM
1. Not accurate down the field - Leinart has troubles throwing the deep ball. Osweiler also has problems completing the deep ball (missing on many at his Pro Day).

2. Not fiery competitors - Both PAC-12 QB pretty boy's who have never won anything in college.

3. Senior Stats -
Osweiler 26 TD's, 13 INT's, 63% comp.
Leinart 28 TD's, 8 INT's, 65% comp.

4. Tall and akward - Osweiler 6'6", Leinart 6'5"

5. Not technically sound - Both Leinart and Osweiler have deficiencies in footwork, and a problematic throwing motion.

6. Wasted draft pick - Throwing away a 3rd round draft pick on Osweiler would be a supreme waste of time. Anybody who thinks Osweiler has the demeanor, ability, or drive to be anything more than a crappy backup in the NFL is fooling themselves. I envision Osweiler's career to end up much like Leinart's has.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:23 AM

I pretty much gave away like 5 picks through rounds 4-7 to get Casey in the OM Mock Draft. HE IS AWESOME.

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:30 AM
I pretty much gave away like 5 picks through rounds 4-7 to get Casey in the OM Mock Draft. HE IS AWESOME.

I tried to give away all my picks to get him at broncoforums and i ended up getting him anyways in the 3rd i think! LOL!Hilarious!

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
I tried to give away all my picks to get him at broncoforums and i ended up getting him anyways in the 3rd i think! LOL!Hilarious!

Well, most everyone at BroncosForums is retarded. Good work.

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2012, 11:31 AM
If janoris jenkins is available when our 3rd rd pick comes... sbould we take him?...

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:32 AM
1. Not accurate down the field - Leinart has troubles throwing the deep ball. Osweiler also has problems completing the deep ball (missing on many at his Pro Day).

2. Not fiery competitors - Both PAC-12 QB pretty boy's who have never won anything in college.

3. Senior Stats -

4. Tall and akward - Osweiler 6'6", Leinart 6'5"

5. Not technically sound - Both Leinart and Osweiler have deficiencies in footwork, and a problematic throwing motion.

6. Wasted draft pick - Throwing away a 3rd round draft pick on Osweiler would be a supreme waste of time. Anybody who thinks Osweiler has the demeanor, ability, or drive to be anything more than a crappy backup in the NFL is fooling themselves. I envision Osweiler's career to end up much like Leinart's has.

Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State
Height: 6-7. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Hand: 9 7/8.
Projected Round (2012): 2-3.
4/24/12: Osweiler was moving up draft boards as teams prepared for the Combine. He hurt his climb by not working out in Indianapolis. Osweiler had a quality pro day to cement his status as the fifth-ranked quarterback in the 2012 draft class.

Osweiler is big-armed pocket passer who has surprising mobility. The former basketball player has good athletic ability for being so tall. Looking at him, one would think he would be a statue in the pocket, but that is definitely not the case.

Osweiler completed 63 percent of his passes this year for 4,036 yards with 26 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. The junior also ran for 298 yards and three touchdowns. His stats this season set the school records for yards, completions and attempts. He had only two starts in 2010, but played well, throwing for 797 yards and five touchdowns with zero interceptions while also running for 168 yards and a score.

Osweiler has real arm strength and the gun to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. He is very raw and needs some work. If Osweiler goes to a good coaching staff that can develop him for a few years, he could turn into something. It wouldn't be surprising if Osweiler's stock rises during the lead up to the draft. He should have stayed in school and improved before going pro.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012QB.php

Half those comments you posted are wrong.
Height, arm strength, technically sound, etc, etc.
Your like the new LEX around here huh?

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM

wtf? Hilarious!

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:33 AM
If janoris jenkins is available when our 3rd rd pick comes... sbould we take him?...

I'd take him, but I think he is off our board. :(

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Ryan Lindley in the 4th. THATS WHO I WANT.

I'll be happy if we take no QBs at all. If we have to, then Nick Foles in the 6th works for me.

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 11:34 AM

Been talking up Heyward since Sept last year and even went to watch them play UF to see him play in person.

Haven't been as high on him since lol

PS. You still have yet to attempt to justify your Kirk "opinion"

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM

Let him go to the Bengals. It's where he belongs.

razorwire77
04-26-2012, 11:35 AM

He won't even be there at 57. But if he's there at 87, yes, absolutely.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 11:36 AM
I'll be happy if we take no QBs at all. If we have to, then Nick Foles in the 6th works for me.

I'll be fine if we don't either, but I think it is a certainty we will get one. Someone was saying that Caleb Hanie's spot isn't even guaranteed and that the Broncos would like to invest in an heir apparent or developmental guy behind Manning. My favorites are Cousins and Lindley, but I think Cousins goes in #2. I think Lindley can be a good pro, at the very worst a functional back-up.

Taking a QB with our three highest selections isn't a "win now" type thing. But after that, sure!

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Been talking up Heyward since Sept last year and even went to watch them play UF to see him play in person.

Haven't been as high on him since lol

PS. You still have yet to attempt to justify your Kirk "opinion"

Look, i just feel that the original Capt Kirk was a better leader and quite frankly a better actor. He defeated Spock in a much more believable fashion when they battled on planet Mordok, and furthermore the original kirk was a pussy magnet, both on and off the set.
Now good day to you sir.

houghtam
04-26-2012, 11:38 AM

3. Senior Stats -
Manning 37 TD's, 11 INT's, 60% comp.

4. Tall and akward - Osweiler 6'6", Leinart 6'5", Manning 6'5"

This is dumb. Look at what I did to just make Manning look as bad as Leinart and Osweiler in 3 of your 5 categories.

Pretty dumb. The two (three) are nothing alike.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 11:39 AM

I agree...would rather have Foles over Lindley if we are taking a QB late

Gcver2ver3
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
He won't even be there at 57. But if he's there at 87, yes, absolutely.

I wouldve thought the same a week ago... but i keep reading how he continues to fall and that numerous teams have him off their board...

I still think he is gone somewhere in the second rd but u never know...

Either way my question is hypothetical albeit unlikely...

pricejj
04-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Height: 6'067"...maybe Dan McGwire is a better comparison?
Arm Strength: Brock Osweiler (QB) went 66/75 with most of his bad passes coming on deep throws.
Footwork: Cecil Lammey - He jumps to spread his feet apart before he throws, throwing motion is not over the top.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 11:49 AM
This is dumb. Look at what I did to just make Manning look as bad as Leinart and Osweiler in 3 of your 5 categories.

Pretty dumb. The two (three) are nothing alike.

But, but, but the youtube film doesn't lie.. :giggle:

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Look, i just feel that the original Capt Kirk was a better leader and quite frankly a better actor. He defeated Spock in a much more believable fashion when they battled on planet Mordok, and furthermore the original kirk was a p***Y magnet, both on and off the set.
Now good day to you sir.

If I didnt like you so much Id get frustrated. Ha!

yerner
04-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Anybody breaking out the Pat Bowlen shorts for good luck tonight?

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 11:54 AM

even

shorter

pricejj

Okay, so far we have you, Rev, Req, DBroncos4Life, and socalorado thinking Osweiler is going to become a starter in the NFL. I made the comparison because I think Osweiler will be nothing more than an overrated clipboard holder in the NFL, like Leinart.

What are we putting on this? Any other takers?

Requiem

I'm making JORTS tonight!!!

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Okay, so far we have you, Rev, Req, DBroncos4Life, and socalorado thinking Osweiler is going to become a starter in the NFL. I made the comparison because I think Osweiler will be nothing more than an overrated clipboard holder in the NFL, like Leinart.

You're retarded...

Nice spin, kid.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
But, but, but the youtube film doesn't lie.. :giggle:

Do you ever actually have any football takes, or do you just jump in like the loser dork whenever a bully starts picking on somebody?

socalorado
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
If I didnt like you so much Id get frustrated. Ha!

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/c/c2/James_Kirk's_evil_counterpart.jpg

Bronco Rob
04-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Do you ever actually have any football takes, or do you just jump in like the loser dork whenever a bully starts picking on somebody?

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 12:01 PM

Dude what you just said is akin to this:

Person X: Luck is just like Joe Montana

Person Y: Uh, they're almost nothing alike really...

Person X: Okay, so Person Y thinks Luck is going to fail in the NFL, who else wants to bet on it?

-----------

I mean, how the **** does your mind even connect these warped dots anyway?

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't even like Osweiler. I think he can start, but I don't want us taking him. LoL.

http://ragecomicmeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/OpoQQ.jpg

pricejj
04-26-2012, 12:02 PM

Sure Turley, we're the same age dumb***. Let's see, so far you have:

1. Janoris Jenkins going in the 1st round
2. Kirkpatrick becoming an elite CB
3. and Osweiler becoming a starter

Anymore quality football takes?

The gang mentality around here is pathetic.

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Sure Turley, we're the same age dumb***. Let's see, so far you have:

1. Janoris Jenkins going in the 1st round
2. Kirkpatrick becoming an elite CB
3. and Osweiler becoming a starter

Anymore quality football takes?

The gang mentality around here is pathetic.

Where the hell do you get this **** from?

Have also never said Kirk will be elite...

houghtam
04-26-2012, 12:04 PM

LOL I never said Osweiler would be a starter. In fact, I could care less about the guy. What I demonstrated was that your argument looks like it was made up by a 12 year old.

If you think Osweiler is going to be a back-up, great. Say it, and produce relevant statistics to support your point. It's a team game. I rarely put credence in "never won anything in college". What exactly did Elway win in college? What did Manning win? Saying a quarterback won't be successful because he's as tall as another player who failed is also asinine.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Where the hell do you get this **** from?

He also thinks Dre Kirkpatrick is a NFL SS. Hilarious!

houghtam
04-26-2012, 12:06 PM
Look, i just feel that the original Capt Kirk was a better leader and quite frankly a better actor. He defeated Spock in a much more believable fashion when they battled on planet Mordok, and furthermore the original kirk was a p***Y magnet, both on and off the set.
Now good day to you sir.

Woah woah woah...better actor than whom? Dustin Diamond?

Maybe.

underrated29
04-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Woah woah woah...better actor than whom? Dustin Diamond?

Maybe.

HEY!

You leave D-Man! alone.

houghtam
04-26-2012, 12:18 PM
HEY!

You leave D-Man! alone.

Zach? Is that you?? Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:20 PM

What? You said that Osweiler compared to Leinart we pointed out that is false and not even close to the truth.

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 12:22 PM

I'm wearing my orange, latex jock.

Should I post a pic?

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:24 PM

See I know I'm not a youtube internet scout. I can tell you that you can go and read every scouting report on the two players and see that they are nothing a like.

yerner
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm wearing my orange, latex jock.

Should I post a pic?

Um...no, I'm cool.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 12:26 PM

SS or FS. He would be a great Safety if he played up in the box most of the time, and may be more useful than if he was just roaming the deep center. I regard him as a marginal starter/Nickle at the CB position.

Regardless, the gang mentality crap, and insult-throwing around here is freaking weak. Some of you are clamoring to pick Osweiler in the 3rd, hoping to "groom" him to be the starter. I say Osweiler sucks, a bunch of people pile on me throwing insults...but none of you like him? wtf

If someone can actually form a competent reason to blow a 3rd on Osweiler, let's hear it...

Otherwise, STFU.

houghtam
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
SS or FS. He would be a great Safety if he played up in the box most of the time, and may be more useful than if he was just roaming the deep center. I regard him as a marginal starter/Nickle at the CB position.

Regardless, the gang mentality crap, and insult-throwing around here is freaking weak. Some of you are clamoring to pick Osweiler in the 3rd, hoping to "groom" him to be the starter. I say Osweiler is the same as Matt Leinart, and a bunch of you jump on me because the two have little in common other than they play quarterback and have German last names...but none of you like him? wtf

If someone can actually form a competent reason to blow a 3rd on Osweiler, let's hear it...

Otherwise, STFU.

Fixed your post.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 12:38 PM

Regardless, the gang mentality crap, and insult-throwing around here is freaking weak. Some of you are clamoring to pick Osweiler in the 3rd, hoping to "groom" him to be the starter. I say Osweiler sucks, a bunch of people pile on me throwing insults...but none of you like him? wtf

Otherwise, STFU.

You're pretty much right about Osweiler. I don't see any thing "special" about him. He's a spread offense QB and should not be drafted before the 5th round IMHO.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:39 PM

Otherwise, STFU.

I'm not advocating Osweiler.

We are making fun of you for a ****ty comparison.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM

Otherwise, STFU.

You really think it's because you said he sucked and not who you compared him too? Maybe if you would have compared him to a guy like John Skelton people would have not jumped on you for a poor comparison.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I compare Brock Osweiler to Brock Lesnar. Guess why!?

houghtam
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
You really think it's because you said he sucked and not who you compared him too? Maybe if you would have compared him to a guy like John Skelton people would have not jumped on you for a poor comparison.

LOL hell, Red Skelton might have been a better comparison.

socalorado
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM

Exactly. The cheesedick comparison is why everyone is clowning him.
I agree with him on Crappatrick.
Now watch. DEN is gonna draft crappatrick, and Rev is gonna clown me for months.
And i will take it, and not b!tch.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:45 PM
LOL hell, Red Skelton might have been a better comparison.

Ha ha Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:47 PM
I compare Brock Osweiler to Brock Lesnar. Guess why!?

Both born in states that begin with a M?

pricejj
04-26-2012, 12:48 PM

I thought it was a pretty good comparison off the top of my head, and gave some reasonable evidence to support it. It's nothing to warrant the backlash of "sure kid", "yeah their both white", "are you the next LEX" bull****. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Agamemnon

Corners his size and speed are often converted into safeties, though FS seems much more likely.

houghtam
Now watch. DEN is gonna draft crappatrick, and Rev is gonna clown me for months.

You're more than welcome to bitch about it. It's the deleting threads that really grinds people's gears around here.

Requiem
Both born in states that begin with a M?

Brock is from South Dakota!

FAIL! Hilarious!

Haha. Troll on PriceJJ Day!

Rohirrim
04-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Kirk is in the Schutzstaffel? Damn! That's a red flag for sure.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Brock is from South Dakota!

FAIL! Hilarious!

Haha. Troll on PriceJJ Day!

South Dakota and Montana are next to eachother so there is that.

Tombstone RJ
04-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I thought it was a pretty good comparison off the top of my head, and gave some reasonable evidence to support it. It's nothing to warrant the backlash of "sure kid", "yeah their both white", "are you the next LEX" bull****. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

dude, just let it go. It's the posters who get all butt hurt over crap that invevitably get ping-ponged around on the OMane. Just cut your losses and move on...

pricejj
04-26-2012, 12:55 PM
You're more than welcome to b**** about it. It's the deleting threads that really grinds people's gears around here.

I deleted a thread that no one cared about it 2 months ago, and said I would never do it again. I didn't realize that anyone would care, or I wouldn't have done it. I haven't deleted anything since, and never will.

Req deleted a huge thread, that many people were actively posting in yesterday. And not a nary one of you mother****ers said **** about it. In fact, you thought it was funny.

So **** you.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Actually, both DB and Houghtam were the first to notice. They assumed it was you!

Requiem
04-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Andre Branch next Gaines Adams.

http://www.freewebs.com/gtfo-noobs/gtfo2.jpg

pricejj
04-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Actually, both DB and Houghtam were the first to notice. They assumed it was you!

You got a free pass, so I do too.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 01:03 PM

Fine you get a free pass for one of the two threads you deleted.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:05 PM

No you don't.

pricejj
04-26-2012, 01:07 PM

Jerel Worthy or I will cut myself!!

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Dre will prob go to Cincy unless Gilmore can drop to them at 17, which I'm banking on even though I should know better.

Ugh this can go so many ways tonight

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Jerel Worthy or I will cut myself!!

I don't expect us to take him. It's fine.

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Ugh this can go so many ways tonight

Hopefully the girl I have over watching the draft will be up for anal. :)

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 01:11 PM
Hopefully the girl I have over watching the draft will be up for anal. :)

I'd say there's a strong chance that my gf will never speak to me again after the fit I might throw tonight, but she saw me rage about Orton and McCoy every week for months so she'll deal with it.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 01:18 PM

Otherwise, STFU.

I wouldn't mind getting Osweiler in the 3rd. I will stand up and say it! What's retarding is comparing him to Leinart. You sir...seem to know a helluva lot about nothing!

TheReverend
04-26-2012, 01:19 PM
This thread got funny.

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 01:20 PM
This thread got funny.

+1

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Everyone call in 102.3 ESPN Radio and talk to Cecil Lammey. I think I'm gonna get really high and just make a goon of myself.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Everyone call in 102.3 ESPN Radio and talk to Cecil Lammey. I think I'm gonna get really high and just make a goon of myself.

pricejj??? is that you?

Rabb
I think I'm gonna get really high and just make a goon of myself.

talk about a hanging curve ball

Requiem
Cecil Lammey says the Packers @ 28 could be on the move up. Packers love Kirkpatrick.

ColoradoBuff
04-26-2012, 01:24 PM
ok...i'm done with pricejj. for.now

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
If anyone wants to talk with Cecil -- he tweeted the # for 102.3's HOTLINE:

720 747 1023

Requiem
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Who just called in about Hightower!?

TonyR
04-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Cecil Lammey says the Packers @ 28 could be on the move up. Packers love Kirkpatrick.

just found out #packers 1st rd pick could be on the move, may approach #broncos for 25th overall ...stay tuned! #nfldraft

https://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey/status/195594873037008897

TonyR
04-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Cowboys may go Brockers at 14.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/26/report-good-chance-cowboys-take-michael-brockers/

TonyR
04-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Teams open to trading up if right player is there include Jacksonville, Buffalo, Philadelphia, San Diego, New England, Green Bay.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/195592478424973314

Teams open to trading back for the right offer include Minnesota, Tampa Bay, Miami, Seattle, Dallas, NY Jets, Detroit.
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/195592784638513153

DBroncos4life
04-26-2012, 01:43 PM
just found out #packers 1st rd pick could be on the move, may approach #broncos for 25th overall ...stay tuned! #nfldraft

https://twitter.com/#!/cecillammey/status/195594873037008897

What is three spots worth? I don't like following the draft chart point value cause I think it's old and outdated but, according to that it would be at min a 4th rounder.