PDA

View Full Version : Tebow booed at Yankee Stadium

canadianbroncosfan
04-16-2012, 12:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828555a7/article/new-york-jets-qb-tim-tebow-draws-boos-at-yankees-game?module=HP11_headline_stack

Kind of find this story funny. They show Tebow (With Dwayne Wade beside him) on the big screen. Did it ever occur that maybe, just maybe, the Yankee faithful were booing D-Wade who was in town to play the Knicks?

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 02:53 AM
Not only that but at least half of them were probably Giants fans.. I doubt they were too happy about Tebow stealing headlines from the superbowl winnning team..

What I find hilarious about this whole thing is that Peyton went to the Broncos and took Tebow's gig but inadvertently sent Tebow to the better team in the Jets AND Tebow is going to upstage Peyton on the Broncos And his precious little bro.. lol

crawdad
04-16-2012, 03:38 AM
Mac give it up. You're an idiot!

Drunk Monkey
04-16-2012, 05:11 AM
Mac have you already been perma banned over on the Jets boards? I don't understand why you still show up here and make comments like you do. It makes those of us who liked Tebow completely understand why he is gone and had zero chance to coexist with Manning.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 05:37 AM
Did it ever occur that maybe, just maybe, the Yankee faithful were booing D-Wade who was in town to play the Knicks?

According to the story on ESPN, no. They were shown separately. And most Yankees fans are Giants fans, not Jets fans.

Tim Tebow has work to do if he's going to win over New York sports fans.

The new backup quarterback for the Jets was booed at Yankee Stadium on Sunday night when he was shown on the giant video board -- even though he was wearing a Yankees cap.

Sitting in the third row next to the Los Angeles Angels dugout, Tebow cracked a smile and acknowledged the camera. There was a smattering of cheers, but most of the initial reactions were boos...

...Sitting next to Tebow was Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade, also booed when he was shown on the scoreboard earlier in the game. But those boos quickly turned to cheers when Wade held up his Yankees cap.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/7817977/yankee-stadium-crowd-boos-tim-tebow-dwyane-wade

Dr. Broncenstein
04-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Witch hunt projection betrayal.

ghwk
04-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Maybe we can trade MacGruder for a couple of Jets fans.

Rohirrim
04-16-2012, 06:54 AM
I'm glad Tebow is gone and Manning is here, but the truth is, NY fans would boo their own grandmothers.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Not only that but at least half of them were probably Giants fans.. I doubt they were too happy about Tebow stealing headlines from the superbowl winnning team..

What I find hilarious about this whole thing is that Peyton went to the Broncos and took Tebow's gig but inadvertently sent Tebow to the better team in the Jets AND Tebow is going to upstage Peyton on the Broncos And his precious little bro.. lol

Dude... let it go! Move on!

hookemhess
04-16-2012, 07:28 AM

http://i.imgur.com/EINwa.gif

Gutless Drunk
04-16-2012, 07:41 AM
Guess it's never too late to create that Tebow sub-forum. Make it happen!

Kaylore
04-16-2012, 07:41 AM
In before antigravity!

Dr. Broncenstein
04-16-2012, 08:01 AM
The truth in three phases: intensity, passion, and ball juice.

maven
04-16-2012, 08:43 AM
Did it ever occur that maybe, just maybe, the Yankee faithful were booing D-Wade who was in town to play the Knicks?

Pretty much.

Crushaholic
04-16-2012, 08:48 AM
The Giants fans were booing the Jets backup QB...

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Wade was cheered as soon as he put on his NY ball cap.

campocorto
04-16-2012, 09:29 AM

46.5 percent
13 fumbles

TheReverend
04-16-2012, 09:48 AM
In before antigravity!

The OP was actually disinfo, and thus, was actually about distracting you from the truth of anti-gravity.

You lose.

ppablo
04-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Can't we just get over this dude already?

broncocalijohn
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
The Giants fans were booing the Jets backup QB...

Why would they waste their time? Did anyone ever boo (outside of Denver) Danny Kanell?

Arkie
04-16-2012, 10:59 AM

He'll need two rings to share the stage in NY with Peyton's little bro.

broncosteven
04-16-2012, 12:43 PM
1st time I heard of a backup QB getting booed.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 12:55 PM
In before antigravity!

lol

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 12:58 PM
He'll need two rings to share the stage in NY with Peyton's little bro.

Not really.. because Peyton's little bro has maybe the easiest place for a QB to win a championship...

But Peyton won't have that excuse on the Broncos because everyone thinks they are great because Tebow got past the first round of the playoffs with them.

This is why Peyton made the biggest bonehead move of his life.. sent Tebow to a better team and if he doesn't do anything on the Broncos he will look like complete garbage.. and even if he does win a superbowl Elway will wrongly get a lot of credit for it.. there is literally no way Peyton can win in this situation.

oubronco
04-16-2012, 12:59 PM
And it is just beginning

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:00 PM
46.5 percent
13 fumbles

That's going to happen when yopur coach only calls 2 plays.. run up the middle and a flea flicker..

And Tebow still got past the Steelers with that ass - tastic coaching exhibition..

oubronco
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Did you already get booted from the Jets board

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:02 PM
That's going to happen when yopur coach only calls 2 plays.. run up the middle and a flea flicker..

And Tebow still got past the Steelers with that ass - tastic coaching exhibition..

are you banned on gang green or is there some other reason you still post here?

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:08 PM
I'm here because were family now.. "brothers gotta hug...."

I wasn't banned btw.. i have yet to post at any Jets forums.. it's pretty pointless. Imagine if Orton had won 4 playoff games.. plus Fox and Elway have done so much damage to Tebow's rep it's a lost cause trying to convince the non-believers.

Requiem
04-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Go away MacPooper.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't kill the messenger.. I am just pointing out the reality of the Manning situation.. the decision he made was pretty monumentally stupid.. that was proven a couple days later when Tebow is on a better team with a better coach and totally upstaged him with the New York media..

TonyR
04-16-2012, 01:28 PM
...the decision he made was pretty monumentally stupid...

Who's "he", what was his decision, and why was it stupid?

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:35 PM
He is Peyton Manning.. the decision was going to play for the worst team, coach and executive in the NFL.. and why it is stupid should be self explanatory..

Miss I.
04-16-2012, 01:41 PM
Not really.. because Peyton's little bro has maybe the easiest place for a QB to win a championship...

But Peyton won't have that excuse on the Broncos because everyone thinks they are great because Tebow got past the first round of the playoffs with them.

This is why Peyton made the biggest bonehead move of his life.. sent Tebow to a better team and if he doesn't do anything on the Broncos he will look like complete garbage.. and even if he does win a superbowl Elway will wrongly get a lot of credit for it.. there is literally no way Peyton can win in this situation.

May I just say WTF?! If he wins a Super Bowl hasn't he won? Is that not why we hired the man? And is that also not the reason he did not retire, to try to win a Super Bowl? I suspect Peyton is more than willing to thank john if we win and since he came here largely because of how John handled things it would not be wrong to do so. I for one hope Peyton wins so you can say he lost by winning the thing he came here to win. Wackadoodle I swear to Tim

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
May I just say WTF?! If he wins a Super Bowl hasn't he won? Is that not why we hired the man? And is that also not the reason he did not retire, to try to win a Super Bowl? I suspect Peyton is more than willing to thank john if we win and since he came here largely because of how John handled things it would not be wrong to do so. I for one hope Peyton wins so you can say he lost by winning the thing he came here to win. Wackadoodle I swear to Tim

The Broncos will win if they win a superbowl. Elway will win because it will be another notch on his belt at Peyton's expense...

People will just say Peyton couldn't win it without Elway.. and they will say he SHOULD win it because look what the terrible Tebow did with that same team..

That's a no win situation..

Miss I.
04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
The Broncos will win if they win a superbowl. Elway will win because it will be another notch on his belt at Peyton's expense...

People will just say Peyton couldn't win it without Elway.. and they will say he SHOULD win it because look what the terrible Tebow did with that same team..

Nobody will say anything of the sort. REAL bronco fans will be happy to have a ring period. The rest is you projecting.

bendog
04-16-2012, 01:53 PM
Maybe they thought he and Wade were dating.

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 02:35 PM
Nobody will say anything of the sort. REAL bronco fans will be happy to have a ring period. The rest is you projecting.

Of course.. we have determined that home town fans have no objectivity.. they will be happy no matter what. Just like the fans letting Elway make a mockery of the team..

Elway made Orton worse and yet it supposedly had nothing to do with him.. that's how fanatics work..

lolcopter
04-16-2012, 03:52 PM
And most Yankees fans are Giants fans, not Jets fans.

wat

broncosteven
04-16-2012, 04:11 PM

Sounds like a win win to me. Elway is just a FO guy now, he isn't playing.

myMind
04-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Don't kill the messenger.. I am just pointing out the reality of the Manning situation.. the decision he made was pretty monumentally stupid.. that was proven a couple days later when Tebow is on a better team with a better coach and totally upstaged him with the New York media..

Tebow has been out hamming it up for the cameras.
Peyton has been living at Dove Valley working.
I love Tebow, but hes gone man, move on (from this forum).
Please

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Please

Tebow was working while Peyton was sucking up media attention and hamming it up for the media when it appears they knew he was coming there... I think Peyton had said he was going to the Broncos long ago.. it explains why Del Rio jumped aboard as if the Broncos were about to go to the superbowl.. and yet the Broncos clearly didn't want Tebow..

MacGruder
04-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Sounds like a win win to me. Elway is just a FO guy now, he isn't playing.

No.. because Elway was a guy who was considered a great post season player before even though he struggled in superbowls.. Peyton has trouble in the playoffs.. period.

The very fact Peyton felt it was so important to play for Manning even on a terrible team shows how desperate he was for that guidance.

errand
04-16-2012, 05:09 PM
wat

Generally speaking most New Yorkers that like the Yankees root for the Giants...and most of the Mets fans root for the Jets.

Bronco_Beerslug
04-17-2012, 05:14 AM
He is Peyton Manning.. the decision was going to play for the worst team, coach and executive in the NFL.. and why it is stupid should be self explanatory..
I'm pretty sure that all the Tebow graveling you constantly exhibit here will never get you "night out" with Tim.

oubronco
04-17-2012, 05:54 AM
The very fact Peyton felt it was so important to play for Manning even on a terrible team shows how desperate he was for that guidance.

Wow Peyton wanted to play for Manning that's rich Hilarious!

bendog
04-17-2012, 08:15 AM
Please

If teebs had Peyton's work ethic, I'd still have some hope for him having a career. nice kid, though.

It would be insane to take a possession away from Peyton to let Teebs run a wildcat because every play gives Peyton another look at a defense, and his strength is reading. Even on 3rd and one and knowing qb sneak is not gonna happen.

But I wonder if Ryan's gonna give teebs a possession for the wildcat thing, esp in the second half. They could use training camp to install it with basically power blocking, or zone, and the back reading a hole or Teebs keeping it off tackle. It's easy to defense. Cover one and put the strong safety in the slot on Teeb's left, and everyone plays their gap. But, that's the key - everybody has to be in their gap. Defenses have to prepare for it, and nobody else in the league runs it ... for the simple reason that it IS easy to defend. But it possibly would have an advantage for the Jests esp in the second half because defenses would make adjustments in the lockerroom, and then the offense gives them a totally different look.

I really don't know, and I really haven't watched Sanchez enough to know how well he reads defenses.

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 08:21 AM
Please

Well, if you want to be fair about it, Tebow's in kind of a tough spot again, not being the starting QB.

He can't really go out and work with the Jets receivers since for now that's someone else's job. At this point (other than working in his spare time with his own coaches) he's stuck doing only what the Jets ask of him.

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 08:41 AM

Dude WTF?!!! Are sleep talking/mumbling?!!!

Heyneck
04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Generally speaking most New Yorkers that like the Yankees root for the Giants...and most of the Mets fans root for the Jets.

That is true! still New Yorker fans will still be New Yorker fans... obnoxious!!! Love the city... loved living there... loved the people... but interacting with the sport fans...

Still... nothing compares to the Boston ones. That's like a MacGruder bangfest!!!

bendog
04-17-2012, 08:51 AM
http://www.johnrocker.net/

Amazingly this cracker has made a career out of it.

Old Dude
04-17-2012, 08:59 AM

ding, ding, ding. mystery solved.

bendog
04-17-2012, 09:03 AM
No, those yankee bastards just hate Tim. Godless sodomites.

errand
04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow Peyton wanted to play for Manning that's rich Hilarious!

Well, the naysayers have always said he was a selfish player....

errand
04-17-2012, 09:17 AM
ding, ding, ding. mystery solved.

Not saying ALL....I'm saying MOST. don't know why that is, but generally speaking it is true. I know many people from NYC, and I've not met a single Yankee fan that liked the Jets, or Mets fans that liked the Giants....and none of them like the only true team from the state of NY (Buffalo)

I don't know if it's because of geographical reasons, or if Met fans figure "Hey, it's just as easy to spell, and makes a nice chant..."

errand
04-17-2012, 09:22 AM
No, those yankee bastards just hate Tim. Godless sodomites.

Wasn't there a billboard controversy in NYC almost immediately after the trade? Perhaps that's why, who knows????

errand
04-17-2012, 09:27 AM
I really don't know, and I really haven't watched Sanchez enough to know how well he reads defenses.

That is one of his weaknesses....but he's a young guy too, and who knows if he won't rebound this coming year. He was, after all, playing pretty well his first two years in league, helping the Jets go to AFCCG....

I think however the clock is ticking on him, and if Tebow makes the progress his legions think he will, then we're probably looking at another Richard Todd vs. Matt Robinson (or Pat Ryan) kind of controversy in the Big Green Apple.

errand
04-17-2012, 09:31 AM
That is true! still New Yorker fans will still be New Yorker fans... obnoxious!!! Love the city... loved living there... loved the people... but interacting with the sport fans...

Still... nothing compares to the Boston ones. That's like a MacGruder bangfest!!!

True that...the entire NY vs. Boston rivalry goes deep....no matter what it is....Yankees-Red Sox, Jets-Patriots, Celtics-Knicks,
Rangers-Bruins, Manhattan clam chowder vs. New England clam chowder.

Saw a shirt the other day that had every NY Yankee world championship on it, and the back said "26 reasons not to like the Red Sox"

bendog
04-17-2012, 09:34 AM
My father's family was from Brooklyn, and moved to Queens and Long Island when Brooklyn went in the sewer. (yeah I know it's better now) Anyway, they were first Dodger fans, then haters, and then Mets fans. I went to more than a few Shea games with the racist b8stards.

The Mets began in 1962 and played initially in the Polo Grounds. There briefly was also a second NFL team in New York that also played in the Polo Grounds The Jests shared the polo grounds until Shae was completed, and they and the Mets unhappily shared that pile of junk until it was imploded, and the Jests and Giants became co-tenants.

Shae was a crappy place, but it belong to the "underdogs" of brooklyn, queens and to a degree long island.

errand
04-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Well, if you want to be fair about it, Tebow's in kind of a tough spot again, not being the starting QB.

He can't really go out and work with the Jets receivers since for now that's someone else's job. At this point (other than working in his spare time with his own coaches) he's stuck doing only what the Jets ask of him.

Rex Ryan however manages thru humiliation....he's been known to bench players for a series or two in games to get his point across...remember last year when he gave Brunell a lot more than his customary 5 or 6 first team reps in practice to motivate his underachieving QB.

I wouldn't be suprised if his whole trading for Tebow to begin with was to light a fire under Sanchez, as just the threat of him seeing the field may cause him to step up his game....who knows?

errand
04-17-2012, 09:39 AM
My father's family was from Brooklyn, and moved to Queens and Long Island when Brooklyn went in the sewer. (yeah I know it's better now) Anyway, they were first Dodger fans, then haters, and then Mets fans. I went to more than a few Shea games with the racist b8stards.

The Mets began in 1962 and played initially in the Polo Grounds. There briefly was also a second NFL team in New York that also played in the Polo Grounds The Jests shared the polo grounds until Shae was completed, and they and the Mets unhappily shared that pile of junk until it was imploded, and the Jests and Giants became co-tenants.

Shae was a crappy place, but it belong to the "underdogs" of brooklyn, queens and to a degree long island.

From what i understand from the NY people I know, the Mets-Jets are like the wine and cheese fans, and the Giants-Yankees are the lunch pail carrying types....

RedEyedJeti
04-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Who's Tim Tebow?

bendog
04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
From what i understand from the NY people I know, the Mets-Jets are like the wine and cheese fans, and the Giants-Yankees are the lunch pail carrying types....

You got it, but you sort of switched it. The football Giants are OLD NY aristocracy. Rooney Mara, amuzingly. Not to diss her at all. It's good to see amazingly rich people who are raised to actually do something useful.

The Yankees? Ruth was bringing in millions. Also, the dodgers rivalry was with the Giants, and the giants also played in Manhattan. I'd guess Giant fans pretty easily switched loyalty to the yanks.

The Jests and Mets fans thrive on thinking they're looked down upon by the Manhatten folk. I was back last summer. I didn't see a game, but the subways were packed with ads "A city with six major sports teams AND the Mets too"

ps, it's sorta hard to get your mind around the way those folks are. I mean I'm old, but it wasn't that long ago the govt bailed NYcity out of bankruptcy. Charles Bronson made Death Wish. The place was a sewer. People pissing and crapping in the sewer. We'd take a bus from a bar on long island to shae, and it was not a walk anyone would willingly take. Guilliani really did take back the city. If I was young, it'd be a fun place. Manhatten I mean. You couldn't pay me to live on Long Island let alone in Queens. The worst part is my relatives are retiring and moving SOUTH. I'm being invaded. I can't go west cause my mother's family and siblings are there.

Old Dude
04-17-2012, 11:44 AM
If it was up to me I'd head to Wyoming before civilization catches up with it. But that's a short term solution.

lolcopter
04-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Um no

Stereotypes way off base itt

broncosteven
04-17-2012, 01:47 PM
No.. because Elway was a guy who was considered a great post season player before even though he struggled in superbowls.. Peyton has trouble in the playoffs.. period.

Not the way I remember it, everyone said Elway was overrated and would never win the big game, Bradshaw comes to mind.

Peyton could pick us apart but struggle vs the better teams like Pats, teams that were more complete than his.

If Peyton can be happy with running the ball more I can see him doing really well here...if he is healthy.

bendog
04-17-2012, 02:21 PM
If it was up to me I'd head to Wyoming before civilization catches up with it. But that's a short term solution.

I tried Wyoming. There were no women, and my arthritus was really starting to bother me in Jan. On a positive note, the sheep were compliant and couldn't sue for child support. But all in all, the pain was not worth the upside.

KipCorrington25
04-17-2012, 06:05 PM
1st time I heard of a backup QB getting booed.

We booed Orton a lot. Hilarious!

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Not the way I remember it, everyone said Elway was overrated and would never win the big game, Bradshaw comes to mind.

Peyton could pick us apart but struggle vs the better teams like Pats, teams that were more complete than his.

If Peyton can be happy with running the ball more I can see him doing really well here...if he is healthy.

The only problem is that the run game is going to be nowhere near what it was without Tebow..

So Peyton like most other QBs is going to be hamstrung by the ability of his running game.. if the running game doesn't improve he will have to play that heavy passing style that won't translate to the post season.

Blueflame
04-17-2012, 06:51 PM
Any NFL team's offense is in trouble if they have to heavily rely on the QB position for production in the ground game; QBs are supposed to get the majority of their yards by passing. With Manning under center, it will just mean that the responsibility for gaining yards on the ground will go back where it belongs; to the RBs.

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 08:43 PM
Any NFL team's offense is in trouble if they have to heavily rely on the QB position for production in the ground game;

O totally disagree... I think it's the exact opposite. Usually the running fuels the passing game unless you have incredible receivers and O line.. Which is even tougher to get and the Broncos certainly don't have.

QBs are supposed to get the majority of their yards by passing.

Which are generated by the running game... Like Eli.. do you really think he is better than Peyton? Nope.. he has had great running games that made his passing look great. Teams usually dare the weak link to beat them which is Eli.. so when he comes through it looks like he did it. Same thing with Tom Brady IMO. Though they do it with Welker and tight ends getting the ball around the line of scrimmage and getting everything off YAC.

With Manning under center, it will just mean that the responsibility for gaining yards on the ground will go back where it belongs; to the RBs.

Not without receivers and a line it won't... he might be able to get by like Orton did between the 20s.. but he will have a lot of INTs and staled drives.. Peyton is obviously better than Orton but the weaknesses still remain.. he's not a miracle worker. He is extremely handicapped by his lack of mobility too. Tebow is a far better passer than Peyton is a runner.. which is why I would not be surprised at all if Peyton tanks HARD. Now if the Broncos were built great then I would say Peyton would be superior.. but that's not the case. Tebow could overcome the weaknesses Peyton can't.

Blueflame
04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
And you're wrong. With an accurate passer like Manning, you won't see opposing defenses bringing everyone up near the LOS to stop the run; they know for a fact he'll make them pay if they even thought of doing that.

A truly potent offense needs to be able to do both things: run and pass. Balance is the key.... not being one-dimensional.

It's ignorant to even try to compare Kyle Orton to Peyton Manning. The two are not even remotely similar in skillset.

Here's a thought... let Tebow "overcome the weaknesses" on the Jets team.

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 08:53 PM
O totally disagree... I think it's the exact opposite. Usually the running fuels the passing game unless you have incredible receivers and O line.. Which is even tougher to get and the Broncos certainly don't have.

Which are generated by the running game... Like Eli.. do you really think he is better than Peyton? Nope.. he has had great running games that made his passing look great. Teams usually dare the weak link to beat them which is Eli.. so when he comes through it looks like he did it. Same thing with Tom Brady IMO. Though they do it with Welker and tight ends getting the ball around the line of scrimmage and getting everything off YAC.

the Giants had the worst rushing game in the league this year.....

2010 - 6th best
2009 - 17th best

so tell me again how Eli had his best year this year???

BroncoBeavis
04-17-2012, 08:58 PM
And you're wrong. With an accurate passer like Manning, you won't see opposing defenses bringing everyone up near the LOS to stop the run; they know for a fact he'll make them pay if they even thought of doing that.

A truly potent offense needs to be able to do both things: run and pass. Balance is the key.... not being one-dimensional.

It's almost like you don't realize the Colts were ranked 29th in rushing in 2010.

Or Dead Last in 2009.

Or 31st in 2008.

DBroncos4life
04-17-2012, 09:02 PM
Lol at Eli being the weak link like Cam Hilarious!:giggle:

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Lol at Eli being the weak link like Cam Hilarious!:giggle:

MacGruder has become a punching bag around here...he's a caricature of a person who knows football.....he makes it too easy these days.

All in all...clownshoe

MacGruder
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
the Giants had the worst rushing game in the league this year.....

2010 - 6th best
2009 - 17th best

so tell me again how Eli had his best year this year???

It just shows how poor the passing game is.. remember when the media even asked Eli if he was an elite QB before the season?

Eli has also had stellar defenses.. Peyton has had none of the above...

This is why you should NEVER go by surface stats... they are complete fool's gold..

Teams dare someone;s weak link to beat them..

IF the Giants passing game was that great the run game should look great.. because teams would be focused on stopping the pass...

Just like how in the Steelers game they were focused on stopping the run which allowed Tebow to torch them passing the ball.. it looks like the Broncos are a great passing team.. complete OPPOSITE of reality...

McDman
04-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Witch hunt projection betrayal.

Strawman?

vancejohnson82
04-17-2012, 09:45 PM
It just shows how poor the passing game is.. remember when the media even asked Eli if he was an elite QB before the season?

Eli has also had stellar defenses.. Peyton has had none of the above...

This is why you should NEVER go by surface stats... they are complete fool's gold..

Teams dare someone;s weak link to beat them..

IF the Giants passing game was that great the run game should look great.. because teams would be focused on stopping the pass...

Just like how in the Steelers game they were focused on stopping the run which allowed Tebow to torch them passing the ball.. it looks like the Broncos are a great passing team.. complete OPPOSITE of reality...

yup....because the Giants 27th ranked defense was stellar this year

you're contradicting yourself and bringing up stats that hurt your argument....you're doing me a favor

Blueflame
04-17-2012, 09:58 PM
It's almost like you don't realize the Colts were ranked 29th in rushing in 2010.

Or Dead Last in 2009.

Or 31st in 2008.

So? It just means Manning is a good enough QB to take a one-dimensional team to the playoffs. And in today's NFL, a one-dimensional team that's weighted toward the pass is far more likely to succeed consistently than a one-dimensional team that has to keep the ball on the ground because the QB has accuracy issues. Balance... as opposed to one-dimensionality... is nonetheless preferable.

Archer81
04-18-2012, 12:44 AM
People are strange.
When you're a stranger.
Faces look ugly.
When you're alone.

:Broncos:

bowtown
04-18-2012, 01:22 AM
They weren't saying boo, they were saying Teboo.

broncocalijohn
04-18-2012, 01:27 AM

Easy answer to why they link together. Yankee fans are from way back when also the Giants existed. Old Dodgers fans became Mets fans and the also new team came along and rivaled the Giants, the Jets. I also asked myself a few years ago who in the hell would root on the LA Clippers in a Lakers town? I figured it was those that lived near the Colisseum where they used to play, poor people that loved pro basketball but didnt want to spend the LAkers type tickets and the transplants who wanted to root for a local team but could never take on the Hollywood Lakers team. They wanted their own identity that was the under link to Los Angeles.

MacGruder
04-18-2012, 03:40 AM
yup....because the Giants 27th ranked defense was stellar this year

you're contradicting yourself and bringing up stats that hurt your argument....you're doing me a favor

The Pats had a weak D on paper too and made it to the superbowl.. yet defense wins in the playoffs right?

Again.. surface stats do not tell the real story...

The Pats D looked bad because their offense was so potent.. the same is true of the Giants.. the offense generated by their great run game...

Everyone knows the Giants have had strong defense and run game carrying Eli.. that shouldn't even be up for discussion. If it wasn't no one would have questioned if Eli was an elite passer... they questioned it because everyone knows he really isn't. Just like BigBen on the Steelers.. has more superbowls than Peyton yet is not considered a great passer...

bowtown
04-18-2012, 04:00 AM
the same is true of the Giants.. the offense generated by their great run game...

Everyone knows the Giants have had strong defense and run game carrying Eli.. that shouldn't even be up for discussion. If it wasn't no one would have questioned if Eli was an elite passer... they questioned it because everyone knows he really isn't. Just like BigBen on the Steelers.. has more superbowls than Peyton yet is not considered a great passer...

Just so we're clear we are talking about this year's amazing Giants run game that carried Eli Manning to the Superbowl Bowl, right? The same vaulted running game that was ranked 32nd in the league... that one, right?

You don't even watch football outside of Tebow, do you?

bendog
04-18-2012, 11:26 AM
What week will Teebs begin starting for the Jests? Should we do a poll, or perhaps a pool?

MacGruder
04-18-2012, 11:37 AM
Just so we're clear we are talking about this year's amazing Giants run game that carried Eli Manning to the Superbowl Bowl, right? The same vaulted running game that was ranked 32nd in the league... that one, right?

You don't even watch football outside of Tebow, do you?

So then why was Eli questioned as an elite QB coming in the season after winning a superbowl?

Do YOU watch football?

Also, don't confuse an explosive run game with a power run game.. a finesse explosive run game is like a finesse passing game. they put up great regular season numbers but fail in the playoffs.. are you getting it finally?