PDA

View Full Version : D-Mac & Big Al on Tebowmania

TonyR
04-14-2012, 12:45 PM
If you haven't noticed, more and more people seem to be finding the courage to wake up from the aw-shucks nightmare that was (and still is) Tebowmania. Perhaps not having Tebow around frees the mind--like trascendental meditation or a long hit from a sweet bong.

We've affectionately called this nightmare Zombieland. Here, all of the infected wear a #15 jersey and screech the word "intangibles" outside your boarded-up window (as film guru Greg Cosell has said, when intangibles is the first thing someone brings up when talking about a quarterback, it's code for: he can't throw). It's like a page from the novel I Am Legend--except these Tebow vampires don't always want your flesh. They want to force you to attend Bob Tebow High School (where degrees are awarded sans biology, anthropology, and philosophy courses) and elect his son as class president--without an actual election.

Those who disagree--well, there's always your flesh or Twitter.

The latest to dissent are Darren McKee (D-Mac) and ex-Bronco Alfred Williams (Big Al) of Denver's Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan. Williams, we should note, has never been a fan of Tebow the football player. McKee, on the other hand, has been a strident Tebow supporter. Thursday, however, Big Al and D-Mac took things to another level. Not only did they openly describe Zombieland, they spoke the words that could not be spoken while Tebow was quarterback of the Broncos: you can't seperate Tebow the player from Tebow the religion.

This, of course, is why Tebow had to go. John Elway knew it; we at IAOFM knew it (including my buddy Ted Bartlett, who did as good a job as anyone of trying to avoid mixing the two all season long); now, D-Mac, one of the biggest local supporters of Tebow that Denver has known, figured it out. In Hour 1 of The Drive on Thursday, after seeing the intense reaction from Zombieland to Demaryius Thomas's comments on Tebow, D-Mac and Big Al had finally had enough.

Of course, Thomas's comments were honest, truthful, and to our eyes, not nearly as bad as they were portrayed. They seemed rather middle of the road. Thomas even said he believed Tebow could become the starter in New York. However, in Zombieland, all comments that aren't Tebow Positive,Tebow Approved are seen as offensive.

After interviewing Thomas, who was clearly shaken by attacks from Zombieland, D-Mac had this reaction:...

Read the whole thing here:
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/local-denver-radio-honest-about-tebow-and-tebowmania

Goobzilla
04-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Let it go dude. For the record, I am an agnostic/secular humanist that liked Tebow the football player in Denver. I hated the pick when we made it, but he won me over on the field, nothing else. I don't care if he's a Christian or a Buddhist or worships Satan, he won us football games.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Let it go dude...

What's funny is that if you actually took the time to read the article you'd see that reactions like yours are precisely the point and exactly what the author expected:

We expect the usual reponses to this story from Zombieland: Talk about football, Tebow is no longer with the Broncos, If you can't seperate football and religion, you're an idiot, etc. Yet, that's precisely the point: once you've entered Zombieland--as Demaryius Thomas and Darren McKee found out--you can check out any time you'd like, but you can never leave.

Goobzilla
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't care what you or the author thinks. And I hardly give a **** about Al or D-mac. Just keep stirring the pot, even though it's over.

razorwire77
04-14-2012, 01:07 PM
The article wasn't bad, but for me Tebow fatigue has set in and this thread will simply promote another circular Tim Tebow discussion. The Gang Green web site really got it right when they created an entire Tebow sub form for those who want to keep ****ing this chicken.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't care what you or the author thinks. And I hardly give a **** about Al or D-mac. Just keep stirring the pot, even though it's over.

If you didn't care about Al or Dmac why did you click on a thread that had "Al and Dmac" in the title?

Jay3
04-14-2012, 01:14 PM
It's not over. The Denver sports media will keep bringing it up ad nauseum, constantly defining itself in Tebow's shadow. If the team does well, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this is only possible because they got rid of Tebow. If the team struggles, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this would have happened anyway with Tebow.

Meanwhile, Tebow turns the page and goes off to play for his new team.

Is there football yet?

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Big Al's a racist.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 01:23 PM
It's not over. The Denver sports media will keep bringing it up ad nauseum, constantly defining itself in Tebow's shadow. If the team does well, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this is only possible because they got rid of Tebow. If the team struggles, and endless array of articles and talk show segments about why this would have happened anyway with Tebow.

Is there football yet?

NY media and fans will be way worse.

Jetmeck
04-14-2012, 01:27 PM
Anybody saying anything bad about a completely good guy that never says a bad thing about anybody that won football games and gave his all in every conceivable way to do so should have their face rearranged and their right to breed taken away because they are to stupid to be breathing.

CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL ?

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE GUY WILL END UP BECOMING...PERIOD !

Blueflame
04-14-2012, 01:27 PM

Is there football yet?

It's entirely possible that (once he starts tossing the ball for us) Manning-mania just may eclipse Tebowmania once and for all... both in the Denver media and in the national media. Media's always loved them some Peyton, too...

Archer81
04-14-2012, 01:35 PM
[I]If you haven't noticed, more and more people seem to be finding the courage to wake up from the aw-shucks nightmare that was (and still is) Tebowmania.

Stopped reading right there.

:Broncos:

Flex Gunmetal
04-14-2012, 01:42 PM

Please go.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2012, 01:46 PM
I wonder when was the last time Tony posted an article with a neutral or even pro-Tebow slant. Oh wait...never. But he's just letting us know what the media is thinking, that's all...right?

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2012, 01:48 PM
aweshucks

jhns
04-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I wonder when was the last time Tony posted an article with a neutral or even pro-Tebow slant. Oh wait...never. But he's just letting us know what the media is thinking, that's all...right?

Tony can't let it go because he knows what we lost.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 01:58 PM

Do you really wonder that? Why would you assume to know what my motivations are? Or care? Read the article or don't. Your choice. Or you can always go to the thread linked below and bash the Broncos.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104866

TonyR
04-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Tony can't let it go because he knows what we lost.

Unfortunately we haven't lost you yet...

SoCalBronco
04-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Do you really wonder that? Why would you assume to know what my motivations are? Or care? Read the article or don't. Your choice. Or you can always go to the thread linked below and bash the Broncos.

No, I don't "wonder" it. I know you hated him and were repulsed by his political and religious leanings. I don't assume to know what your motivations are, I know what they are. You never liked that kid...ever. You never gave him a chance and always hid behind these anti-Tebow articles claiming you were just posting what the outside world/MSM thought. Seriously dude, everyone could see through your act.

extralife
04-14-2012, 02:06 PM
I don't think there's any way to refute what they had to say. Tim Tebow being Tim Tebow has nothing to do with football, but it's always going to be translated into football in coded terms of leadership, inspiration, and persecution, because people are unable to grasp reality; to grasp failure. In life, you can spin anything. In sports, you cannot. If you can't throw, you can't throw--and that simply does not compute with the Tebow narrative. Tim Tebow is a litmus test for the American psyche. And knowing the motivations and resources of the people and places that dot his background, well, this is far far far from the last we'll hear of him

houghtam
04-14-2012, 02:09 PM
Stopped reading right there.

:Broncos:

This.

If you can't speak your opinion while it's happening, your opinion isn't worth ****.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I know you hated him and were repulsed by his political and religious leanings.

Everything stated above is completely untrue. I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. And his political and religious leanings don't bother me one bit. You and your reaction are a symptom of what the article I posted in above is all about! If someone posts anything negative about Tebow they get irrationally attacked for it! And you just proved it. You assume I hate Tebow and his religion/politics just because I don't think he's the answer at QB. Guess what, SoCal? John Elway agrees with me. Does he hate Tim Tebow and his religion/politics, too?

houghtam
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM

Just so I'm understanding your point here...

1) When someone points out the limitations of a Denver Bronco named Tim Tebow it's called "thoughtful football analysis".

2) When someone points out the limitations of Denver Broncos not named Tim Tebow it's "bashing the Broncos".

Got it.

You sir, are a Go-tard.

Gort
04-14-2012, 02:13 PM
Everything stated above is completely untrue. I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. And his political and religious leanings don't bother me one bit. You and your reaction are a symptom of what the article I posted in thread is all about. If someone posts anything negative about Tebow they get irrationally attacked for it! And you just proved it. You assume I hate Tebow and his religion/politics just because I don't think he's the answer at QB. Guess what, SoCal? John Elway agrees with me. Does he hate Tim Tebow and his religion/politics, too?

the REAL John Elway would have loved Tim Tebow. unfortunately, the REAL John Elway was replaced by the pod people several years ago. this pod people imposter of John Elway hates Tim Tebow. he also hates rainbows and puppies.

rugbythug
04-14-2012, 02:14 PM
I wish Tebow would have lost a lot more games so we could have less conversations about him.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Just so I'm understanding your point here...

1) When someone points out the limitations of a Denver Bronco named Tim Tebow it's called "thoughtful football analysis".

2) When someone points out the limitations of Denver Broncos not named Tim Tebow it's "bashing the Broncos".

Got it.

No, you really don't "got it". I'd be happy to read some analysis of why guys like Tamme and Dreesson, and our FA class in general, were such horrible signings but I've yet to see it. I've just seen some general negativity and bellyaching from the usual suspects, most of whom were unhappy that Tebow got shipped out of town.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 02:23 PM
the REAL John Elway would have loved Tim Tebow. unfortunately, the REAL John Elway was replaced by the pod people several years ago. this pod people imposter of John Elway hates Tim Tebow. he also hates rainbows and puppies.

Macgruder approves of this message!

bombay
04-14-2012, 02:24 PM
How dbag found a radio sports job is a huge mystery. Totally phony and bogus the way he reversed field on tebow as well.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 02:27 PM
No, you really don't "got it". I'd be happy to read some analysis of why guys like Tamme and Dreesson, and our FA class in general, were such horrible signings but I've yet to see it. I've just seen some general negativity and bellyaching from the usual suspects, most of whom were unhappy that Tebow got shipped out of town.

Can. You. Read?

On a message board with a thread titled 2012 Free Agent Signing Discussion Thread (sic), the burden of proof is on you to be able to say that there wasn't discussion about those acquisitions.

There was, you just don't like it that people can and do disagree with moves the Broncos make for reasons other than the petty, gutless, utterly whiny reasons the anti-tebonner crowd came up with.

Play2win
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Remember! Its a platform!!

SpringStein
04-14-2012, 02:47 PM
IAOFM displays views that are all too often judgmental, jaded, prejudiced and narrow minded. Other than that, they have some good stuff. But Doug's (site owner) spewing has turned me off and I no longer frequent his site.

Play2win
04-14-2012, 02:59 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg138/scaled.php?server=138&filename=men27s20platform20shoes.jpg&res=landing

Requiem
04-14-2012, 03:01 PM
All I know is that Tony constantly posts articles from IAOFM. I don't go there anyways. I'm the fat man.

bombay
04-14-2012, 03:07 PM
One thing is for sure: Tebow's departure is a huge stroke of luck for those of us who don't think he can play QB in the NFL. Nothing the tebowers can say matters a whit. He's gone.

Thank you John Elway. That guy's fans were ripping my Broncos apart.

lostknight
04-14-2012, 03:22 PM
Bottom line is, for a game that says over and over, it's all about winning, it's not. Otherwise, he would still be the quarterback of the Broncos. Anyone who thinks that Big Al is doing anything other then trying to paper over his original extraordinarily hostile interview with Mr. Tebow on the day of the draft, and distract from the fact that they were wrong the entire season, doesn't know how radio works.

People where for Tebow before he ever threw a pass in the NFL, both because of his beliefs, and his willingness to challange the system, and because... oh Idon't know.. he might just be the greatest college player of all time.

People were against him from the start as well. Winning games in the NFL didn't change that.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I guess all that matters now is if Elway can build a team around Peyton, and if Elway can find a QB for post-Manning.

extralife
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Bottom line is, for a game that says over and over, it's all about winning, it's not. Otherwise, he would still be the quarterback of the Broncos.

I dunno, I think Peyton Manning is a pretty good quarterback.

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice to see Denver media still trying to glom on to Tebow for a few more clicks and hits even after it's over.

baja
04-14-2012, 04:12 PM
If Manning fades off into the sunset in a season or three and Tebow becomes a phnom QB life as a Bronco fan will become painful and this board will be impossible to read.

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 04:34 PM
One thing is for sure: Tebow's departure is a huge stroke of luck for those of us who don't think he can play QB in the NFL. Nothing the tebowers can say matters a whit. He's gone.

Thank you John Elway. That guy's fans were ripping my Broncos apart.

Thats what you think. You better hope to your gods that Manning doesn't get injured. Chickens will be coming home to roost in a big way and there will be bird**** on someone's head.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Well, lucky for us Tebow is never going to amount more than a pile of hyped press clippings and one good year of merch sales.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 04:36 PM
Everyone predicting if the broncos will win without even realizing they've already won. Thank you manning.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Hey what the hell was that supposed to mean Broncoholic?

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
A Jets/Bears Superbowl would implode this place lol

bombay
04-14-2012, 04:45 PM
Thats what you think. You better hope to your gods that Manning doesn't get injured. Chickens will be coming home to roost in a big way and there will be bird**** on someone's head.

That's what I think. Manning has already succeeded. The clown show is gone.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Hey what the hell was that supposed to mean Broncoholic?

Addition of manning meant subtraction of tebow. That's a win for me.

Gort
04-14-2012, 04:49 PM

huh?

you're still here. ???

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9hsCTWiisOk/TStWZLEk6ZI/AAAAAAAABAc/XczXDWvORZE/s400/bazinga.jpeg

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 04:50 PM

And you'd be wrong. Getting Manning and keeping Tebow weren't mutually exclusive choices. If Manning gets injured, I trust you will avoid coming here because you'll be learning this the hard way.

bombay
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
lol. Off you go where you belong.

KevinJames
04-14-2012, 04:57 PM
Big Al's a racist.

How so?

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 05:00 PM
lol. Off you go where you belong.

Blocking me isn't going to protect you, you ignorant fool.

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 05:01 PM
How so?

He had an axe to grind against Tebow because he was white.

Aftermath
04-14-2012, 05:06 PM
Lol those two clowns know NOTHING. I listen to their podcasts occassionally and they think they know everything, AL is right about everything and he is one of those guys that say they "called it" or "I told you so" about it all. They even treat their callers like idiots lol.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 05:15 PM
You have to admit that Al's comp of Tebow to McCartney is interesting.

SoCalBronco
04-14-2012, 05:34 PM
A Jets/Bears Superbowl would implode this place lol

Haha...that would be an amazing super bowl. Talk about win-win. :)

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Haha...that would be an amazing super bowl. Talk about win-win. :)

My penis would be aroused all February.

...What?

elsid13
04-15-2012, 05:06 AM
The circus is gone, and that the best part about the trade. Tebow seemed to be a nice guy but he had fan base that was loud and little extreme at times . Football was/is a means to end for him not life itself like some players in the NFL.

JCMElway
04-15-2012, 06:40 AM

Then why are you responding? You're as guilty as he is. If there's any blame to be doled out, anyway.

rbackfactory80
04-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Gosh darned tebowites just wont let go...

CEH
04-15-2012, 07:10 AM
Tebow's offense scored 7 points of less in the 2nd half of games (excluding OT) 8 times. The defense kept Tebow and his 9 points in the 2nd half in so many games. I wonder if this team under Manning is going to score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games this year.

My guess is yes and the draft will add alot more speed and playmakers.

While Manning is hunkered down at Dove Valley trying to get better Tebow is out doing Good Morning America , doing sermons (an getting paid is my guess) or having a couple bid $100K to charity to spend the day with him

All noble which is why I tend to agree that Tebow is an better evanligist than QB

lolcopter
04-15-2012, 07:43 AM
tony you really love this du huh

DBroncos4life
04-15-2012, 07:48 AM

So I take it you're hoping for Manning to get injured then?

Drek
04-15-2012, 07:49 AM
It's like a page from the novel I Am Legend--except these Tebow vampires don't always want your flesh. They want to force you to attend Bob Tebow High School (where degrees are awarded sans biology, anthropology, and philosophy courses) and elect his son as class president--without an actual election.

Wow. I hope he hasn't actually read I Am Legend because that is like saying Moby Dick is an unfair critique of the whaling industry.

Broncos4tw
04-15-2012, 07:57 AM
I don't waste my time following / worrying / fretting over / talking about ex-players, unless we are going to play against them, and it's relevant to the game. Who cares about Tebow now? He is gone. He is the Jet's issue to deal with now - I'm just glad the circus has left town.

Goobzilla
04-15-2012, 08:01 AM
Then why are you responding? You're as guilty as he is. If there's any blame to be doled out, anyway.
What exactly am I guilty of? Please share.

Dedhed
04-15-2012, 08:21 AM
What's interesting to me is the idea of calling the first division Title and playoff victory in eons a "Nightmare". Carry on dorks.

Rabb
04-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Wow. I hope he hasn't actually read I Am Legend because that is like saying Moby Dick is an unfair critique of the whaling industry.

Not to mention, it's really The Omega Man that the book is based on not the Will Smith movie.

Dedhed
04-15-2012, 08:27 AM
Gosh darned tebowites just wont let go...

The best part is that Tony doesn't even get the irony.

TonyR: "Your Tebow obsession is pathetic Dedhed, here's another article I found on page 1396 of a google search for "Tebow" that proves his completion % was under 50%."

Umm...ok....thanks...that chicken looks tired, btw.

BroncoInferno
04-15-2012, 08:37 AM
Not to mention, it's really The Omega Man that the book is based on not the Will Smith movie.

The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price is the most faithful adaptation of the book.

CEH
04-15-2012, 09:52 AM
The movie should have been "He's just not that in to you"
Elway to Tebow

TonyR
04-15-2012, 10:03 AM
The best part is that Tony doesn't even get the irony.

TonyR: "Your Tebow obsession is pathetic Dedhed, here's another article I found on page 1396 of a google search for "Tebow" that proves his completion % was under 50%."

Umm...ok....thanks...that chicken looks tired, btw.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3469960&postcount=138

LOL

Requiem
04-15-2012, 10:17 AM
Spamming.

Rabb
04-15-2012, 10:34 AM
The Last Man on Earth starring Vincent Price is the most faithful adaptation of the book.

Great call

^5

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-15-2012, 10:55 AM
What's hilarious is after every TonyR post there's a Dehed post whining about TonyR. It's true. Every single post is followed by a faint cry.

TheDave
04-15-2012, 11:33 AM
At times like this im not sure what makes me more happy... manning being our QB or the fact that the circus is somewhere else.

God bless John Elway...

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 02:54 PM
I wonder if this team under Manning is going to score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games this year.

Way to go out on a limb there. How bout if Manning had the exact same playcalling as Tebow. Would you still think the team would score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games?

Run left, run right, QB draw on 3rd and 6, punt??? Thoughts?:giggle:

DBroncos4life
04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Way to go out on a limb there. How bout if Manning had the exact same playcalling as Tebow. Would you still think the team would score more than 9 points in the 2nd half of games?

My thoughts are Manning is further along in his development as a QB so odds are things will be opened up for him.

CEH
04-15-2012, 04:03 PM

You're right we can now play Sunday offense instead of Saturday offense

Play2win
04-15-2012, 04:16 PM
I was singing "Amazing Grace" when Tim Tebow was traded.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 05:26 PM
My thoughts are Manning is further along in his development as a QB so odds are things will be opened up for him.

Well no **** sherlock. But you are failing to answer to the question.

How bout this. If Tebow was allowed to air it out from his first game last season, do you think his passing stats would have looked better or worse?

Answer the first question before the last.

DBroncos4life
04-15-2012, 05:33 PM

How bout this. If Tebow was allowed to air it out from his first game last season, do you think his passing stats would have looked better or worse?

I've answered this before...,
I think they would have been worse. I have said over and over Tebow wasn't ready so they made the system to taylor to his strengths and made DENVER winners. Yet you guys still cry over it.

errand
04-15-2012, 05:34 PM
At times like this im not sure what makes me more happy... manning being our QB or the fact that the circus is somewhere else.

God bless John Elway...

Unfortunately the board was infested with those circus clowns...and even more unfortunately, some still remain.......best way to find the remnants of the nuthugging legions is to read responses to TonyR posts, and some of mine.....

errand
04-15-2012, 05:37 PM

sure, like those are the kind of plays you call when Manning is your QB...Hilarious!

We didn't average 9 points in the 2nd half because our coaches ability was limited, we did so because our QB limited the kind of plays we could call.

I bet we don't lead the NFL in 3 and outs in 2012.....

errand
04-15-2012, 05:45 PM

Well here's where your "practice don't matter" takes comes back to bite you in the ass clown......

You guys said that Tebow doesn't practice well,.....and perhaps you're right. But the bottom line is his inability to make certain throws in practice means the coaches won't have confidence he'll complete them on gameday.

If Thomas dropped passes all the time in practice, would you truly trust him being the focus of the passing game?

If Franklin was constantly getting beat in pass protection during practice, would you trust him man to man against say Julius Peppers on game day?

If McGahee fumbled constantly in practice during goalline drills, would you give him the ball on gameday on first and goal?

I'm suspecting that the answer to all of the above is "no....

So if Tebow struggled with certain kinds of passes during practice, do you think they would make up the bulk of the throws called, or would they be limited?

Play2win
04-15-2012, 06:45 PM

Dig deeper, Watson...

I love saying that Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Manning is smart enough to call his own plays. Doesn't need a coach to dumb it down so he could play.

Bacchus
04-15-2012, 07:16 PM
Anybody saying anything bad about a completely good guy that never says a bad thing about anybody that won football games and gave his all in every conceivable way to do so should have their face rearranged and their right to breed taken away because they are to stupid to be breathing.

CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ALL ?

NOBODY HERE KNOWS WHAT THE GUY WILL END UP BECOMING...PERIOD !

HAHA, you are the Tebow problem right here is an example. Because someone thinks Tebow is a terrible QB IYO he deserves to get beaten up and his right to breed taken away..... LOL

Tebow won some games when the defense played well. When the defense played poorly Denver was beaten. Tebow completed 46% of his passes and Denver was bottom of the league in 3rd down conversions and 3 and outs.

Now because I do not like Tebow you can threaten me or say how stupid I am but that only shows that him being gone is the best thing for the Broncos. He is just a sideshow and probably will be out of the league in 5 years.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 08:56 PM
I've answered this before...,
I think they would have been worse. I have said over and over Tebow wasn't ready so they made the system to taylor to his strengths and made DENVER winners. Yet you guys still cry over it.

Ok seriously, take a chill pill friend. It was a simple question needing a simple answer. Guess what. I allways said he wasn't ready either. Nobody is crying over it. I took a post from someone, and played devils advocate with my questions. Trust me, I don't give a rats ass about Tebow anymore. What I do love, is making some of you guys dance all over the place with the mear mention of Tebow and Manning. Here let me show you how I would have answered it in a rational form.

If the play calling never would have changed when Tebow was started, I think his passing stats by the end of the season would have been on the upside side. I think he would have started out rough, but by the end would have shown some promise. I do however think this would have made us win fewer games and miss the playoffs. Would that have been enough for Elway to have more faith in Tebow? Hell if I know, but probably not and we still would have Manning now.

See, wasn't that simple?

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
Well here's where your "practice don't matter" takes comes back to bite you in the ass clown......

You guys said that Tebow doesn't practice well,.....and perhaps you're right. But the bottom line is his inability to make certain throws in practice means the coaches won't have confidence he'll complete them on gameday.

If Thomas dropped passes all the time in practice, would you truly trust him being the focus of the passing game?

If Franklin was constantly getting beat in pass protection during practice, would you trust him man to man against say Julius Peppers on game day?

If McGahee fumbled constantly in practice during goalline drills, would you give him the ball on gameday on first and goal?

I'm suspecting that the answer to all of the above is "no....

So if Tebow struggled with certain kinds of passes during practice, do you think they would make up the bulk of the throws called, or would they be limited?

See, here's an idiot who took that question and couldn't come up with a rational thought for an answer. Well done.^5

Hulamau
04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
If Manning fades off into the sunset in a season or three and Tebow becomes a phnom QB life as a Bronco fan will become painful and this board will be impossible to read.

Don't think you have to worry about either of those scenarios Baja. Manning and Elway are focused and determined to make this work and win at a high level the next few years. Tebow is a good guy and a good football player but it's highly doubtful he'll ever become a 'consistent' winning starting QB in this league... He can certainly contribute and help teams win in a number of ways. But I seriously doubt hell ever become a serious passing threat in a league built around the forward pass...

This ain't the SEC and the 7 game miracle stretch last year notwithstanding, that was as much, if not more, about other teams being caught off guard and not knowing how to defend Tim ( until Chicago and NE gave them the blue print), also considerable luck as in the Miami game as well as the Bears game without Jay Cutler ( with Cutler there we lose that game going away, I hate to admit) and an inspired Bronco defense led by a phenom Von Miller until he hurt his hand..Tebow made some fantastic plays and was a real leader and motivator, but he played like crap for 8/10ths of most games, and the last five games, even though we beat a banged up Steelers in OT, was pretty poor football and a step backward for Tim's play as well.

I'm afraid those last five weeks of the season is far more like what much of Tim's starting QB future will look like ... Assuming he ever gets another long stretch as an NFL starting QB???

But it was one exciting season and I'm grateful and happy that Tebow got that chance in the sun...

Hulamau
04-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I wish Tebow would have lost a lot more games so we could have less conversations about him.

Ironically, it's debatable that we might be better off today with far better draft picks if we had at least lost a couple more of those won on 'shear luck' games... Maybe or maybe not Manning would still be here had we just missed the playoffs with a 6-9 record after the terrible start??

But now that Tim isn't here any longer and even the remote fantasy dream of him potentially leading us (and quite likely the odds of him leading any one else) to a future title is dead and buried, it's quite possible the trade off for the real excitement we all had for two months or so is a longer period required to rebuild the team with better quality draft picks...

Don't get me wrong, I loved the energy and thrill of last year as much as anyone, but it may turn out to be a bit like mortgaging the future a bit on a one year wonder FA that winds up setting us back a bit in time compared to if we had just won those games straight up that we did win outright without those that required the few 'Divine ' intervention miracles ?! :))

Anyway, it is what it is and we have a good nucleus to build from starting next Thursday night and I hope we strike gold. In the meantime, I'm excited to watch the next few years unfold and should be a lot of fun!