PDA

View Full Version : Players attracted to Denver because of Manning

Bronco Rob
04-14-2012, 04:15 AM
Players attracted to Denver because of Manning

The Sports Xchange Saturday April 14, 2012 - 3:51 AM

It isn't just offensive players like wide receiver Andre Caldwell and tight ends Joel Dreessen and Jacob Tamme who were attracted by the allure of having Peyton Manning as a teammate. Defensive tackle Justin Bannan saw the allure, as well.

But his perspective on Manning is different than the others -- more of an "if you can't beat him, join him" take.

Through 10 seasons with the Bills, Ravens, Broncos and Rams, Bannan has never been part of a team to defeat Manning. Seven games against Manning all ended in defeat -- including two playoff losses to end the 2006 and 2009 seasons for the Ravens.

"When I was in Baltimore, we just called him 'The Baltimore Killer,' because he was the only guy that could literally take a defense down and pick us apart," Bannan recalled. "He could methodically do it. To me, he's the greatest player I've ever played around or played against in my career."

--After working out with Manning in recent weeks, wide receiver Eric Decker said there was "no question" that Manning's arm strength had increased to the point where he could start right now if the Broncos played this weekend.

"The guy's still throwing the ball a long time, throwing it great, hitting you in the right spot," Decker told ESPN Radio on April 9.

Decker and fellow 2010 draft pick Demaryius Thomas stand to benefit the most from Manning's arrival and the Broncos' change to a more air-centric attack. Decker emerged as the favorite target of Kyle Orton in the first four weeks of the 2011 season, averaging 4.0 catches for 68.5 yards and 1.0 touchdowns per game in that span.

In the following 12 games -- 11 of which were started by Tim Tebow -- Decker averaged just 2.0 receptions for 28.5 yards and 0.3 touchdowns per game.

--Tight end Julius Thomas had been working out with Manning, Decker and center J.D. Walton at a suburban Denver high-school field, but will be sidelined for a while after undergoing ankle surgery on April 6.

"I gotta get right and get back to it," Thomas told his 5,700-plus Twitter followers three days after the procedure.

Thomas has been bothered by ankle problems since suffering a high ankle sprain the Broncos' 24-22 win over Cincinnati last September. He briefly returned to action the following month but spent most of the balance of the season as a game-day inactive.

Thomas is expected back by training camp, but may not be ready by the time organized team activities begin in May.

QUOTE TO NOTE

"When I signed (with Denver) in 2010, the culture had high expectations too. We thought we were going to have a great team and it just didn't happen that way." -- DT Justin Bannan, on whether the Broncos' organizational culture had changed from 2010 to 2012.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/18541742/players-attracted-to-denver-because-of-manning

Drek
04-14-2012, 04:25 AM
So Caldwell, Dreessen, Tamme, and Bannan are the guys Manning pulls for you in FA?

Wow. I'm so damn impressed.

errand
04-14-2012, 04:36 AM
So Caldwell, Dreessen, Tamme, and Bannan are the guys Manning pulls for you in FA?

boy, you can tell the ones that are still butt hurt over Peyton making someone expendable, huh?

Drek
04-14-2012, 05:24 AM
boy, you can tell the ones that are still butt hurt over Peyton making someone expendable, huh?

You really do have one hell of a Tebow fetish don't you?

Bronco Rob
04-14-2012, 05:33 AM
It only took one post for this to turn into a Fellini-esque nightmare of Tebonic proportions....

Drek
04-14-2012, 05:36 AM
It only took one post for this to turn into a Fellini-esque nightmare of Tebonic proportions....

Pretty much. Errand is like the "Pray the Gay Away" camp coordinator who spends his evenings at truck stop glory holes.

Bitches about Tebow fans yet he's always the first to bring him up.

barryr
04-14-2012, 05:51 AM
If the Broncos had signed some big names, then the article would make sense, but the Broncos didn't exactly have to outbid many teams to sign the guys they did. One hopes Manning can lure better talent in the future, but so far, that is a no.

barryr
04-14-2012, 05:53 AM

Why does every thread need to be about Tebow with you? He is gone, get over it, and find a new fixation already. It is like your day is not complete without trashing Tebow or his fans. The Jets have a forum somewhere.

Bronco Rob
04-14-2012, 05:53 AM
If the Broncos had signed some big names, then the article would make sense, but the Broncos didn't exactly have to outbid many teams to sign the guys they did. One hopes Manning can lure better talent in the future, but so far, that is a no.

Exactly.

Name one player that chose to come to the Broncos specifically because Manning was on the roster.

???

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 05:56 AM
Pretty much. Errand is like the "Pray the Gay Away" camp coordinator who spends his evenings at truck stop glory holes.

b****es about Tebow fans yet he's always the first to bring him up.

Errand and his little pet TonyR cannot go a single thread without being the one's to bring Tebow into the mix. If you have any discussion of weaknesses on the team or introduce realistic concerns you're a butt-hurt Teboner. There like a couple of retarded parrots squawking at each other.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 06:00 AM
Exactly.

Name one player that chose to come to the Broncos specifically because Manning was on the roster.

???It's just another in the long parade of off-season fluff pieces. Lord knows we readers wouldn't be interested in in-depth profiles of draft eligible players and that would take some work on the writer's part anyway.

So instead we get to read really great articles about how Manning is the first guy into the building every morning and that the Broncos might give him security codes. Yay!

barryr
04-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Exactly.

???

I don't think anyone could really name one since the ones they signed to this point seem like they could have gotten them no matter who was the QB. Players signing because of a player on the team is kind of rare anymore I think.

But this was brought up when Manning first signed and I asked what all great players signed with the Colts because they wanted to play with Manning? Seems like the Colts built their teams through the draft and didn't spend much time in free agency.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 06:11 AM
I don't think anyone could really name one since the ones they signed to this point seem like they could have gotten them no matter who was the QB. Players signing because of a player on the team is kind of rare anymore I think.

But this was brought up when Manning first signed and I asked what all great players signed with the Colts because they wanted to play with Manning? Seems like the Colts built their teams through the draft and didn't spend much time in free agency.

One of the requirements of a fluff piece is that it pays no real attention to the reality of a situation. Only that there are at least 1000 words and it mentions "Peyton Manning" or whatever other twitter term is trending at the moment.

barryr
04-14-2012, 06:17 AM
One of the requirements of a fluff piece is that it pays no real attention to the reality of a situation. Only that there are at least 1000 words and it mentions "Peyton Manning" or whatever other twitter term is trending at the moment.

Yep, I don't see the evidence the writer claims. Porter is probably the best free agent they have signed so far, yet he isn't even mentioned in the article. Heck, Bannon is even quoted as saying back in 2010, they had high expectations then too like they do now, so that part hasn't changed. Why did Bannon sign with the Broncos back in 2010? Manning was a Colt then.

CEH
04-14-2012, 06:19 AM
The only part of that article worth mentioning was Bannan saying Manning is a Ravens killer

OBF1
04-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Why does every thread need to be about Tebow with you? He is gone, get over it, and find a new fixation already. It is like your day is not complete without trashing Tebow or his fans. The Jets have a forum somewhere.

Tebow has been gone a couple months and was a winner.....

Now what about the people still in line to kiss Shanny's ass or Cutler/Marshall butt hole???

Give some of the Tebow fans a break, you now have the peytonites showing up in groves.

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 07:46 AM
Big name FA bust 90 percent of the time. There is a reason they become FA. Pay doesn't equal performance.

bowtown
04-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Tebow has been gone a couple months and was a winner.....

Now what about the people still in line to kiss Shanny's ass or Cutler/Marshall butt hole???

Give some of the Tebow fans a break, you now have the peytonites showing up in groves.

They do love tree fruit.

Drek
04-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Big name FA bust 90 percent of the time. There is a reason they become FA. Pay doesn't equal performance.

But young 20-something FAs selected for the right role on the right team are key ways to make the next step from "solid" to "great".

schaaf
04-14-2012, 07:54 AM
But young 20-something FAs selected for the right role on the right team are key ways to make the next step from "solid" to "great".

Which could very well happen with Caldwell, Dreesen, and Tamme. Mike Adams will also start but he's in his 8th year

Hamrob
04-14-2012, 07:57 AM
If we hadn't signed Manning...this offseason would have been a bust.

Porter for Goodman
Bannan for Bunkley
Tamme/Dreisen - for Fells
Caldwell for Royal
Adams for Dawkins

Who am I missing?

Regardless, we'd be hardpressed to try and say this has been a successful offseason without having signed Manning. In fact, I'd say we took a step backwards!

Smilin Assassin
04-14-2012, 08:09 AM

Porter for Goodman
Bannan for Bunkley
Tamme/Dreisen - for Fells
Caldwell for Royal
Adams for Dawkins

Who am I missing?

Regardless, we'd be hardpressed to try and say this has been a successful offseason without having signed Manning. In fact, I'd say we took a step backwards!

I'd agree, but I'd have to give us a passing grade based on Del Rio over Allen (though I did did like what Allen did).

Bronco Rob
04-14-2012, 08:16 AM

Porter for Goodman -Win
Bannan for Bunkley - Loss
Tamme/Dreisen - for Fells -WIN
Caldwell for Royal - Tie
Adams for Dawkins - ???
Del Rio for Allen - Win

:thumbs:

Gort
04-14-2012, 08:19 AM

http://www.mywebpower.com/graphics/media/funny_animations/0_funny_oh_no_you_didnt.gif

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 08:19 AM

b****es about Tebow fans yet he's always the first to bring him up.

One of the best analogies I've ever read

Jay3
04-14-2012, 08:23 AM
Errand and his little pet TonyR cannot go a single thread without being the one's to bring Tebow into the mix. If you have any discussion of weaknesses on the team or introduce realistic concerns you're a butt-hurt Teboner. There like a couple of retarded parrots squawking at each other.

They're nervous because they know if the Broncos struggle at all this season, there will be other people that can't let Tebow go and who rub it in their faces. It's not over by a long shot yet. And so they're geared up with anticipation for the troll-fight. Aching for it.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 08:46 AM
Players attracted to Denver because of Manning

LOL no.

Gort
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM

that brings up an interesting point.

what if White Star Lines had named that boat the Tebonic instead of Titanic? no way does a silly little iceberg bring down a ship named Tebonic. that ship just runs right over that sissy iceberg like it wasn't even there.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Exactly.

???

STOKELY?!? ^5

houghtam
04-14-2012, 09:12 AM
STOKELY?!? ^5

:slapsilly

errand
04-14-2012, 09:36 AM
You really do have one hell of a Tebow fetish don't you?

I put no player above the team.....unlike you and your butt hurt cronies. Ganggreen is accepting new "fans" as we speak..

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 09:38 AM
I put no player above the team.....unlike you and your butt hurt cronies. Ganggreen is accepting new "fans" as we speak..

And yet somehow you're the one still here that seems to be putting Tebow above all else...

errand
04-14-2012, 09:44 AM
And yet somehow you're the one still here that seems to be putting Tebow above all else...

Sure, dude.....like none of you douches are gonna start any threads about how stupid the front office was getting rid of him should he win a game or two, or hit on 50% of his passes...

You don't think his original post about "really being impressed" was a slap at Manning and the front office?

He, like the rest of you, are still bitter that Manning made their hero expendable...

houghtam
04-14-2012, 09:52 AM

This message is hidden because errand is on your ignore list.

This guy's a clown who hasn't had anything new to say since October.

I'm sure his reply will say something along the lines of "it's all Tebow's fault", "I cry myself to sleep with tears of joy knowing that Tebow isn't winning games for the Broncos anymore", or "you guys are just going to rub it in our faces once Tebow starts winning, so I'm just doing damage control".

RaiderH8r
04-14-2012, 09:53 AM
STOKELY?!? ^5

:strong:

I like The Slot Machine as much as anybody and I wouldn't mind him coming in for a camp look. Maybe he has an inspired year left in him.

To the OP though we have attracted retreads and none of them are exactly guys we would not have gotten without Peyton. VJ would have been a nice weapon to put out there with PM and DT but the dithering about took too long and we missed the boat and, frankly, his price was high but if we're going to talk about areas where having PM on the roster would have helped with FAs I imagine a push for VJ would have been a good place to start.

Gort
04-14-2012, 10:00 AM
This message is hidden because errand is on your ignore list.

This guy's a clown who hasn't had anything new to say since October.

I'm sure his reply will say something along the lines of "it's all Tebow's fault", "I cry myself to sleep with tears of joy knowing that Tebow isn't winning games for the Broncos anymore", or "you guys are just going to rub it in our faces once Tebow starts winning, so I'm just doing damage control".

Errand is still butthurt that we even drafted Tebow

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/add-friday.jpg?w=920&h=834

Heyneck
04-14-2012, 10:12 AM

riiiiiiiiiiiigt.... why did you mention Tebow when no one had? You are just a poor little instigator that can't get over the fact that Tebow played for the Broncos and actual fans liked him.

Plus... what he said is true... apart from Manning the hole "he is going to attract top FA" has been crap.

Leave your resentment and move on bud!

Heyneck
04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Sure, dude.....like none of you douches are gonna start any threads about how stupid the front office was getting rid of him should he win a game or two, or hit on 50% of his passes...

You don't think his original post about "really being impressed" was a slap at Manning and the front office?

He, like the rest of you, are still bitter that Manning made their hero expendable...

wow dude... let go! What slap? It's true! What we have signed with all the cap we have available can be compared to dog ****... well maybe not Porter. But other than that? And now dino Stockley???

Shut the **** up!!! I hope you get 10 year of pink eye from your adventures at Spider's truck stop!!!

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 10:21 AM

Errand responded to this. I love how teboners ignore the manning zing yet go straight into criticizing Errands post.

Heyneck
04-14-2012, 10:42 AM
Errand responded to this. I love how teboners ignore the manning zing yet go straight into criticizing Errands post.

Ohhh look... another one of Errands' **** buddies arrived. Now lets wait for Tony and get this party started!

Jay3
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM

Maybe, but his post was exactly the thought that jumps out after reading the article -- that the list of FA's so far is about the most unimpressive lot one could imagine so far. Which may be fine, and may be part of the plan -- but the timing doesn't seem right for an article about what a big draw Manning is for free agents. Frankly, I think he's a big enough draw to get a lot better than that if the FO would open the purse strings.

The second post was exactly the second post I would have expected.

If that had not been the second post, we would have to invent it.

Ironically, your was the perfect third post. I fully expected a Tebow-obsessed hater to spin everything through the Tebow lens, as I expect throughout the season.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 10:44 AM
wow dude... let go! What slap? It's true! What we have signed with all the cap we have available can be compared to dog ****... well maybe not Porter. But other than that? And now dino Stockley???

Shut the **** up!!! I hope you get 10 year of pink eye from your adventures at Spider's truck stop!!!

LOL well look at that I was pretty much spot on about what he said. Surprise, he's still singing that same ole tune.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Maybe, but his post was exactly the thought that jumps out after reading the article -- that the list of FA's so far is about the most unimpressive lot one could imagine so far. Which may be fine, and may be part of the plan -- but the timing doesn't seem right for an article about what a big draw Manning is for free agents. Frankly, I think he's a big enough draw to get a lot better than that if the FO would open the purse strings.

The second post was exactly the second post I would have expected.

If that had not been the second post, we would have to invent it.

Ironically, your was the perfect third post. I fully expected a Tebow-obsessed hater to spin everything through the Tebow lens, as I expect throughout the season.

This. If the article had been like "oh yeah, look at the players Denver brought in: Mario Williams, Jameel McClain, Jeff Saturday, blah blah blah" it would have a point.

As it is right now, it's like going barhopping with that dude from college who used to be the greatest wingman ever, and now all he can get is 40-something bar skanks.

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 11:15 AM

I like Denvers moves and the Tamme and Dressen signings especially. The only one I didn't like was Mays and thought Den should of looked at Hawthorne.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 11:35 AM
It doesn't matter to 99% of FA's what team they'll be playing for, it's all about the $$$$$$$$.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 11:37 AM
Ohhh look... another one of Errands' **** buddies arrived. Now lets wait for Tony and get this party started!

Yep. Our parties involve large amounts of alcohol and chicks, as opposed to dudes and Tampico like some others here.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 11:54 AM
Ganggreen is accepting new "fans" as we speak..That is new and original material. Really speaks to your wit and intelligence.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 12:02 PM

You really are a retarded little parrot. The whole premise of the article was about the gorge of great FAs that Manning attracts. The first post simply pointed to the fact that we didn't sign a single marquis name due to Manning being here.

The fact that you take that as a defense of Tebow shows exactly the type of dimwitted troll that you are. Let it go. You are the definition of the hyprocrit; saying it's never about a single player, and yet every one of your posts is about a single player. You are daft beyond measure.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 12:06 PM
Yep. Our parties involve large amounts of alcohol and chicks, as opposed to dudes and Tampico like some others here.

Have you ever made a post that involved a football take or the expression of knowledgeable insight? Seems your more of one tick pony than even Errand and TonyR.

They at least try to defend their moronic positions; you simply whine and name call.

RaiderH8r
04-14-2012, 12:27 PM
This. If the article had been like "oh yeah, look at the players Denver brought in: Mario Williams, Jameel McClain, Jeff Saturday, blah blah blah" it would have a point.

As it is right now, it's like going barhopping with that dude from college who used to be the greatest wingman ever, and now all he can get is 40-something bar skanks.

Kyle Orton Approved Skank Swording.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Have you ever made a post that involved a football take or the expression of knowledgeable insight? Seems your more of one tick pony than even Errand and TonyR.

They at least try to defend their moronic positions; you simply whine and name call.

Whine and name call? Ya my 3 favorite to use are "idiot" "mcfan" and "raider fan"

Actually I only rip someone who deserves a probing.

TonyR
04-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Interesting. Drek makes a negative comment about several Broncos players. errand brings up Tebow. Everybody attacks the guy that brings up Tebow but not the guy criticizing current Broncos players. As discussed at length in the thread linked below, Tebowmania had to go.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104873

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 01:05 PM

So you, Tony, and Errand are chicks?

TonyR
04-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Whine and name call? Ya my 3 favorite to use are "idiot" "mcfan" and "raider fan"

I'm wondering what the over/under is on how many times that dope you're responding mentions me in his posts. Dude is obsessed with me. Restraining order level stuff.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 01:15 PM
I think we will see the effect more next year anyways. Most of the bigger named guys signed before we landed Manning this year.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd love to see a list of these great free agents we missed on after we signed Peyton.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 02:32 PM
I'd love to see a list of these great free agents we missed on after we signed Peyton.

Why, so you can prepare an excuse as to why we either didn't need or wouldn't have been able to get each one?

Circular.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 02:36 PM
Why, so you can prepare an excuse as to why we either didn't need or wouldn't have been able to get each one?

Circular.

So no then?

houghtam
04-14-2012, 02:48 PM
So no then?

Side 1) "Manning will bring in a bunch of awesome free agents."

Side 2) "No, he won't."

- team makes moves in free agency not involving "awesome" anything -

Side 2) "I thought you said we were getting awesome free agents."

Side 1) "I'd love to see a list of these awesome free agents we were going to get."

Side 2) "......uhhh...wait, what?"

If you can't see what's wrong with that argument, I don't know how to help you.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 02:55 PM
Side 1) "Manning will bring in a bunch of awesome free agents."

Side 2) "No, he won't."

- team makes moves in free agency not involving "awesome" anything -

Side 2) "I thought you said we were getting awesome free agents."

Side 1) "I'd love to see a list of these awesome free agents we were going to get."

Side 2) "......uhhh...wait, what?"

If you can't see what's wrong with that argument, I don't know how to help you.
He asked for a list of who we missed. Not that hard, I'll start. Jeff Saturday.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Manning is the truth. Tebow was a chump.

I look forward to seeing a quarterback sling it for 4,000 yard and put up 28 a game.

I eagerly await the first person to do a Tebowin' pose in the endzone next season. I hope it's Manning.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Do we get to count people who signed elsewhere because we were signing Manning?

Archer81
04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
Good God...

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Do we get to count people who signed elsewhere because we were signing Manning?

Lol really? This about who Manning will bring in and you want to count who we missed out on BEFORE he was signed? Wow I give up.

Play2win
04-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Manning did bring in the biggest Name/FA to denver, duh, that being Peyton Manning.

Mogulseeker
04-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Lol really? This about who Manning will bring in and you want to count who we missed out on BEFORE he was signed? Wow I give up.

He's got a legitimate point. Several high-profile guys were put on hold because of Manning.

I know Sololai (sp?) signed afterward, but the Broncos would have probably been more aggressive in bringing him hin w/o Manning, and we might have gotten a deal done.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 05:24 PM
He's got a legitimate point. Several high-profile guys were put on hold because of Manning.

I know Sololai (sp?) signed afterward, but the Broncos would have probably been more aggressive in bringing him hin w/o Manning, and we might have gotten a deal done.

No he doesn't. This is about MANNING attracting FAs and helping us land them.

houghtam
04-14-2012, 05:43 PM
No he doesn't. This is about MANNING attracting FAs and helping us land them.

When we're in the process of signing him and miss out on someone else, it's a sort of attraction, albeit a negative attraction. Like a magnet.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2012, 05:49 PM

One...and we lowballed him.

There certainly isn't some grand list of guys out there.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 05:50 PM
When we're in the process of signing him and miss out on someone else, it's a sort of attraction, albeit a negative attraction. Like a magnet.
That is not the argument you originally made.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2012, 05:52 PM
One...and we lowballed him.

There certainly isn't some grand list of guys out there.

Yeah they are changing the argument from who didn't we land after Manning to Manning caused us to miss out on signing every significant free agent available.

Heyneck
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Manning is the truth. Tebow was a chump.

I look forward to seeing a quarterback sling it for 4,000 yard and put up 28 a game.

I eagerly await the first person to do a Tebowin' pose in the endzone next season. I hope it's Manning.

O wait... like the way we did with cutler??? Yeah.. that sure worked. I don't care who my QB is (it obviously helps that Manning is ours), I just care about winning and being in the playoffs fighting for a Super Bowl.

Damn... some sure have the priorities backward.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 09:09 PM
O wait... like the way we did with cutler??? Yeah.. that sure worked. I don't care who my QB is (it obviously helps that Manning is ours), I just care about winning and being in the playoffs fighting for a Super Bowl.

Damn... some sure have the priorities backward.

Manning gives the Broncos something to be happy about for the next two years. I expect the dedication and level of bringing in key players and taking big shots is coming for the Broncos. Regardless of who they draft, I hope they have a plan to get the Broncos going for the long-term. We have some nice pieces in place, but we need longevity. The best players on the Broncos are still the oldest on the team. Plugging in another key starter or two this year via the draft and getting depth (and hopefully seeing last years class) will be great for the team.

Can't wait to see 2013 as well.

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Manning gives the Broncos something to be happy about for the next two years. I expect the dedication and level of bringing in key players and taking big shots is coming for the Broncos. Regardless of who they draft, I hope they have a plan to get the Broncos going for the long-term. We have some nice pieces in place, but we need longevity. The best players on the Broncos are still the oldest on the team. Plugging in another key starter or two this year via the draft and getting depth (and hopefully seeing last years class) will be great for the team.

Can't wait to see 2013 as well.

I agree 100%

Drek
04-15-2012, 01:59 AM
Interesting. Drek makes a negative comment about several Broncos players. errand brings up Tebow. Everybody attacks the guy that brings up Tebow but not the guy criticizing current Broncos players. As discussed at length in the thread linked below, Tebowmania had to go.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104873

I made a negative comment about several Bronco players?

So once we sign a dude he's instantly a stud huh? Awesome. Then why did we ever let Lenny Walls and Roc Alexander get away?

No, I'm still a little "bitter" that the FO's big DT addition was a guy they cut last year. And that the big offensive additions don't address our lack of interior OL depth and equal a net downgrade at WR. And that the best young player we signed only got a one year deal so he's likely gone after this season. And that the second biggest contract we gave out behind Manning's was to our own MLB who isn't anything special.

Getting Manning is great. I'm not suddenly going to go through the mental gymnastics needed to convince myself that everything else this FO has done is fan-freakin'-tastic just because they got Manning.

My post was also to primarily point out just how pathetic the writer's point in the article was. How this looked like an article someone wrote back when everyone thought Saturday, Clark, and Wayne were going to hitch their wagons to Manning regardless of his destination. When that didn't happen he just substituted what names he had and fished up a random quote form Bannan about Manning being a good QB. He's not a Ravens killer, he's an everyone killer. The dude has had multiple runs at 16-0 seasons and he wins 10+ games every year. Its junior high level reporting, twisting the facts to fit your story.

As for Teebs, again, you're the guy so quick to bring him up. I had no intentions of mentioning the kid. Now if in two or three years he's a quality starting QB for the Jets and we're watching the last days of Manning's career with no replacement in sight will I and several others be inclined to point out that we gave up on Tebow for almost nothing simply because the FO couldn't handle the easiest PR war of all time? Probably. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there, it'll be an interesting discussion.

You guys (Errand and TonyR) should talk to Tebow. He's got some great stories about a guy from 2000 years ago who had to deal with the kind of persecution you both feel is being put upon you. I think it could really help you get over the trauma you apparently suffered watching the Broncos win a playoff game last year.

jutang
04-15-2012, 06:01 AM
I agree that the DT position and MLB positions appear very weak going into this season, but most of us felt that way last year. In retrospect they held up quite nicely with the DT positions overachieving and Mays doing enough without hurting the team too much. The FO has done some head scratchers, but they also turned this team around pretty quickly and has given a lot of Bronco fans hope.

WR and Oline may be stronger this year based on the the younger players continuing to develop and actually have an offseason this year. The loss of Royal and the addition of Cadwell is a wash to me and the addition of our new TEs makes our receiving core look a lot more improved. I still have my doubts with Walton and Beadles but they have shown improvement over the past two years. We have one of the best Oline coaches since Gibbs left and if he isn't clamoring for new bodies to protect our aging superstar qb so things may not be that bad.

The draft still has yet to play out and there will be some camp casualties that I'm sure the FO will consider the depth.

rmsanger
04-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Lulz @ this thread... We couldn't even swing his Center Saturday let alone any real stars wanting to come here because of Manning. Nobody cares they just want to be starters and get the $

TonyR
04-15-2012, 09:03 AM
I made a negative comment about several Bronco players?

Here's what you said:

How is that not negative towards those players?

You guys (Errand and TonyR) should talk to Tebow. He's got some great stories about a guy from 2000 years ago who had to deal with the kind of persecution you both feel is being put upon you. I think it could really help you get over the trauma you apparently suffered watching the Broncos win a playoff game last year.

^ It's pretty funny that you think we're the ones who feel persecuted. I'm thrilled that we upgraded the QB position, you apparently aren't. How am I feeling persecuted? The only time/place I might feel that way is when the mob mentality kicks in in thread like this where those caught up in Tebowmania shout down the rational opinions.

And as for me suffering watching that playoff win, I root for the Broncos so I'm not sure how I suffered. I've never rooted against the team or Tebow. That win was a lot of fun.

houghtam
04-15-2012, 09:28 AM
The only time/place I might feel that way is when the mob mentality kicks in in thread like this where those caught up in Tebowmania shout down the rational opinions.

Who's rational opinion was shouted down? Was it errand's "rational opinion" that Drek must be butthurt about Tebow because he's not impressed with the FA haul we've gotten so far?

Are you really that dense to think that Drek, me, Bronco Rob, barryr, Dedhed, CEH, Hamrob, Smilin Assassin, WhoisJohnGalt, TheReverend, Jay3, RaiderH8r, Heyneck and Cito Pelon are all Teboners who came to this thread to talk about Tebow, when none of them were even the first to bring him up?

Please, link for me any "rational opinion" that was "shouted down" in this thread.

You cannot.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 09:33 AM
Man this is like 3rd grade fighting going on in here.

"You said you weren't impressed, so you're slamming on current Broncos"

Hilarious!

I mean really, how you can get so upset over that post is beyond me.

Heyneck
04-15-2012, 10:51 AM
Who's rational opinion was shouted down? Was it errand's "rational opinion" that Drek must be butthurt about Tebow because he's not impressed with the FA haul we've gotten so far?

Are you really that dense to think that Drek, me, Bronco Rob, barryr, Dedhed, CEH, Hamrob, Smilin Assassin, WhoisJohnGalt, TheReverend, Jay3, RaiderH8r, Heyneck and Cito Pelon are all Teboners who came to this thread to talk about Tebow, when none of them were even the first to bring him up?

Please, link for me any "rational opinion" that was "shouted down" in this thread.

You cannot.

^ this! So we can't be impressed with the Caldwell, Dreessen, Tamme, and Bannan signing because if we don't we are automatically Teboners?

Sorry I don't like mediocre signings when everyone around here promised that by signing Peyton we would be attracting the top FA. Yeah... everyone was waiting on Manning to sign... who? his 2 backup TEs? A WR 4th on the depth chart on his previous team? A DT that was out of a job and not that great to begin with?

Plus inbred like Errand and his multiple **** buddies like TonyR and DBH can't seem to be able to read the article that over blew it's Title "Players attracted to Denver because of Manning". What players of notice? The mediocre players we signed would have signed with any team that would have shown them the money. But now we can't even call them mediocre because it goes back to the "you Teboners" argument.

Heyneck
04-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Here's what you said:

^ It's pretty funny that you think we're the ones who feel persecuted. I'm thrilled that we upgraded the QB position, you apparently aren't. How am I feeling persecuted? The only time/place I might feel that way is when the mob mentality kicks in in thread like this where those caught up in Tebowmania shout down the rational opinions.

And as for me suffering watching that playoff win, I root for the Broncos so I'm not sure how I suffered. I've never rooted against the team or Tebow. That win was a lot of fun.

Dude Tony, you are too dumb for school! No one here has mentioned the QB upgrade. No one has mentioned a pro or neg comment about Peyton signing with us in this thread. We are talking about the mediocre talent "he reeled in" because whats implied in the article.

The first to bring up an unrelated post to the main topic up in this thread was your best bud Errand,... and it was about butt hurt people being Tebowners just because we where "unimpressed" with the signings... clearly when the title of the article made it sound like we had hauled in top talent.

The only reason we have done "great" in the FA department is because we signed Peyton. Other than that... well... you know our opinion.

So please... stop blowing sand up your boyfriends vagina, and maybe we can have threads that don't turn into Tebow vs Peyton.

delany
04-15-2012, 11:22 AM
We are talking about the mediocre talent "he reeled in" because whats implied in the article.

Where does this article imply that?

I am stunned that a website based in California publishes a horrible article that reports "Players attracted to Denver because of Manning".....and goes on to explain that players that Denver signed, talked about the allure of playing with Manning (which they did).

Nowhere does it make a case for these being great players. In fact, the value of these signings is not remotely discussed in the article. It is a filler type article. End of story.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

The only thing this thread reveals is that there will be a lot of butthurt people on the Mane no matter how well Denver does this year....and no matter how well Tebow does....oh and Cutler....oh and Shanny.

Same story. Different day.

Gort
04-15-2012, 11:44 AM
The only thing this thread reveals is that there will be a lot of butthurt people on the Mane no matter how well Denver does this year....and no matter how well Tebow does....oh and Cutler....oh and Shanny.

Peyton Hillis resents his omission from your list. or he would, if he could read.

;)

Drek
04-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Honesty is negative now?

^ It's pretty funny that you think we're the ones who feel persecuted. I'm thrilled that we upgraded the QB position, you apparently aren't.

So you didn't see this exact sentence from the post you quoted for this response?

"Getting Manning is great."

How am I feeling persecuted? The only time/place I might feel that way is when the mob mentality kicks in in thread like this where those caught up in Tebowmania shout down the rational opinions.
So you don't feel persecuted, but you just described an exact situation on this very forum that you have complained about before that "might" make you feel persecuted?

Good for you. The constant passive aggressive hate on Tebow even when he was winning games for the Denver Broncos would make someone think otherwise though.

peacepipe
04-15-2012, 12:40 PM
It wasn't hate drek, just honest critizism.

TheReverend
04-15-2012, 12:45 PM

It wasn't "honest criticism".

It was stupidity incarnate.

Cito Pelon
04-15-2012, 01:03 PM
For this year, I think the bottom line with FA was Denver was not gonna pay market value for the top FA's, Peyton being the exception. Right from the get go Xanders said they had an "internal budget", and Elway said they interpreted the cap rollover from last year differently than other teams might look at it, i.e., they weren't going to spend it because they don't have to.

Now next year, every team has to spend right up to the cap value, is that correct? Or do I have it wrong like my unfortunate Marshall Faulk fiasco in the Moreno thread.

Drek
04-15-2012, 01:10 PM

No it wasn't. It mostly consisted of him posting articles from other people with groundless critiques based on Tebow that avoided talking about his actual skills and instead focused on "intangibles" and the inane fans of Tebow's who love that ****.

As a result of halfwit articles like the ones he loves to post we've got a fan base that doesn't know **** about what Tebow's actual real skills are and what the FO traded away for a 4th round pick simply because they can't manage their own PR.

Go check out one such thread with his "D-Mac and Big Al on Tebowmania" thread for just such an example. In it he simply quotes an article that...

1. Shows zero literary undrestanding for a sci-fi/horror classic in a poorly constructed analogy.

2. Spends all its time talking about Tebow the cult of personality, not Tebow the football player.

3. Quotes a discussion that questions Tebow's commitment to football.

4. Quotes a discussion that has one participant outright stating Tebow isn't really a football player.

TonyR thinks THAT is constructive debate on Tebow on a football forum. That shows either an axe to grind or something detached at the base of your skull where your brain is supposed to be wired up at.

Dedhed
04-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Dude Tony, you are too dumb for school! No one here has mentioned the QB upgrade. No one has mentioned a pro or neg comment about Peyton signing with us in this thread. We are talking about the mediocre talent "he reeled in" because whats implied in the article.

The first to bring up an unrelated post to the main topic up in this thread was your best bud Errand,... and it was about butt hurt people being Tebowners just because we where "unimpressed" with the signings... clearly when the title of the article made it sound like we had hauled in top talent.

The only reason we have done "great" in the FA department is because we signed Peyton. Other than that... well... you know our opinion.

So please... stop blowing sand up your boyfriends vagina, and maybe we can have threads that don't turn into Tebow vs Peyton.

It is impossible to have any sort of actual discourse with that guy. He completely lacks in both reading comprehension and the ability to apply logic. Your post points that out clearly.

He hasn't even realized yet that this thread has nothing to do with the QBing skills of Manning vs those of Tebow. It would be a joke if it wasn't pitiful.

oubronco
04-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Wow this place has gone bonkers

TonyR
04-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Good for you. The constant passive aggressive hate on Tebow even when he was winning games for the Denver Broncos would make someone think otherwise though.

You mean kind of like the constant whining and complaining that's been coming from you since FA began?

RaiderH8r
04-15-2012, 03:20 PM
Drop Manning from the equation and everything thing else adds up to mediocrity and still ignores the 4 lane highway running up the middle of our front 7 on d.

TonyR
04-15-2012, 03:24 PM
...we've got a fan base that doesn't know **** about what Tebow's actual real skills are and what the FO traded away for a 4th round pick simply because they can't manage their own PR.

I knew what we had, and was pretty sure Elway knew what we had. Turns out I was right. So Elway agrees with me, and the fact that nobody came to the table with anything more than that 4th round pick you mentioned shows that the rest of the NFL FO's agree with me as well. That article I posted that you're b*tching about talks about the very sickness that has inflicted you. You're one of the best posters here and yet you're completely irrational when it comes to Tebow. And all you Zombies hate me because what I have been saying all along turned out to be correct. You guys were very passionate about your Tebow crush and really invested yourselves in being right about him. I know it hurts to be so wrong, but when you see Peyton Manning operating for the Broncos I think you'll all slowly come around.

https://twitter.com/#!/gregcosell/status/181496236958953472

Heyneck
04-15-2012, 03:50 PM
I knew what we had, and was pretty sure Elway knew what we had. Turns out I was right. So Elway agrees with me, and the fact that nobody came to the table with anything more than that 4th round pick you mentioned shows that the rest of the NFL FO's agree with me as well. That article I posted that you're b*tching about talks about the very sickness that has inflicted you. You're one of the best posters here and yet you're completely irrational when it comes to Tebow. And all you Zombies hate me because what I have been saying all along turned out to be correct. You guys were very passionate about your Tebow crush and really invested yourselves in being right about him. I know it hurts to be so wrong, but when you see Peyton Manning operating for the Broncos I think you'll all slowly come around.

you still don't get it, right?!

Archer81
04-15-2012, 04:01 PM

I think the board "hates you" because you keep bringing it up AFTER the player is gone.

At this point who gives a ****?

TonyR
04-15-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the board "hates you" because...

It's not "the board". It's more those who disagree/disagreed with me. And if it is "the board" then I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm not here looking for your validation.

At this point who gives a ****?

It's pretty clear a lot of people (including you) care or they wouldn't be so angrily arguing about it. Why get involved in a discussion you don't care about?

Just as discussions about Elway and Griese and Plummer and Cutler and Orton still come up, discussions about Tebow are going to come up. It's the nature of the beast.

errand
04-15-2012, 05:03 PM
First off to start a thread asking about where all these great FA's are now that we signed Manning (like it's his fault) is nothing more than someone trying to discount the signing of Manning..... It is a veiled attempt to lament the signing , period.

And we all know the only reason a sane rational person would lament signing a QB like Manning....what other reason could there truly be?

I suppose it never occurred to the likes of certain posters that perhaps the front office, and coaching staff had evaluated the team immediately after the playoff loss to the Patriots and said to themselves -

"you know, we got some pretty young and talented guys playing WR like Decker and Thomas, and Willis....perhaps we need to add a veteran that can help them learn the ropes"...so they sign a guy like Caldwell, who fits the bill. He's been in league a few years, and has pretty decent hands.

"Our TE's weren't involved in the passing game and quite frankly we need to upgrade them....especially if we sign Manning"...so they signed Tamme and Dreesen

"we got a young and decent OL that helped us run the ball pretty good, but perhaps we'll draft a guy for depth as it's not that big of a priority" ...so they didn't really pursue anyone there.

"We're set at K and P"...so no need to pursue or draft anyone there

"We had a good running game, but McGahee is 30 plus, and Moreno is an enigma and could be suspended for his DUI , Ball is a role player...perhaps we can draft a RB on day one to spell Willis, and take over just in case".....so they saw no need to sign any FA there, or make a trade, and will draft one in first 3 rounds

"Bunkley played well for us, but he still isn't the kind of dominant guy we want...and there aren't any in FA, so perhaps we'll draft one on day one and hope that Bannan, Vickerson and Warren can hold the fort down while he develops" ...and I'm sure they will draft one in the first two rounds of draft.

"Our LB's played well for the most part, especially Miller....Williams is steady if not spectacular, but he'll be suspended for most of first half of season and Woodyard and Mays are servicable at best...so let's keep the corps intact, and perhaps draft a young guy to plug the middle as again there is nothing out there but retreads and journeymen in FA"....and I'm sure they will draft one in the first 3 rounds.

"Our secondary dealt with alot of adversity what with Dawkins getting hurt, and it's no guarantee he'll come back, but we got Bailey, but he is on the wrong side of 30, and we got some young guys that could pan out for us like Vaughn, Harris, Moore and Carter....we do need to upgrade the #2 CB, so let's get the best vet we can in FA, and maybe draft one in 4th or 5th round if a very good one doesn't fall to us earlier"...so they signed Porter, released Goodman, and I'm sure they'll draft one this year.

"We were able to win the division and a playoff game with our current QB, but there is a possibility that we can sign Manning if he gets released by Colts in March.....problem is, can they coexist?

I'm sure our current guy will accept a demotion, but my God, those clowns that worship him....do we really wanna go thru that **** again? I mean if we sign just Peyton, we'll improve the team alot.... it'll allow us to draft defense and depth....but what to do about our current guy? His fans will never accept his being benched, even if we acquired Rodgers, Brady or Brees....so unfortunately, he'll have to be dealt....maybe Jax will give us something for him, and if can't find a suitable back-up in FA...we'll draft a guy in mid rounds, or see how Weber does and look at QB in 2013"....and so they did what they had to do, and signed Manning, and traded the other guy.

sure it's just speculation on my part, but given the signings, it could be very plausible that that was their train of thought heading into the draft.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
I knew what we had, and was pretty sure Elway knew what we had. Turns out I was right. So Elway agrees with me]

Hilarious!:giggle:

Is it difficult to give yourself a reach around?

errand
04-15-2012, 05:18 PM
It wasn't "honest criticism".

It was stupidity incarnate.

Other than his ability to read defenses and throw the ball very well, or whether or not he ever will be able to...what have these "stupid" people criticized Tim about?

show us all the posts b****ing about his religious beliefs....

show us all the posts bitching about whether he's a team player...

show us all the posts b****ing about his running skills....

show us all the posts b****ing about his leadership skills....

show us all the posts b****ing about his personal beliefs....

show us all the posts b****ing about his communication skills....

You know damn good and well the only problem anyone truly had with tim was his inability to throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis, and perhaps his ability to read defenses.....period. You might find one or two that truly hated him for other reasons like being a Christian, or being a former UF player, or whatever.

Now if you wanna discuss why people hated his legion of knob slobbering fans, I doubt you'll be able to pin it on just tonyR and myself...because trust me, alot of people agree with me.....love the kid, despite his foibles...hate his fans that worship him, like you.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 05:22 PM
hate his fans that worship him

So do you hate the fans that worship Manning? How bout Cutler? Plummer maybe? Oh I know, do you hate the fans that worship Elway?

Just asking before you throw out a hissy fit.

errand
04-15-2012, 06:06 PM
So do you hate the fans that worship Manning? How bout Cutler? Plummer maybe? Oh I know, do you hate the fans that worship Elway?

Just asking before you throw out a hissy fit.

Actually no...because their hero worship is different in many ways.....

People who worship Manning or Elway for the most part do so because they have watched them for many years and have witnessed hall of fame caliber play by those two, and they have won championships for their respective teams....not to mention when some clown blasts them, and their fans stick up for them, they don't don't go full blown psycho.

As for Plummer and cutler...not so much, because very few on here worship those two....most that liked Jake (myself included) when he was our QB, did so because he brought joy to Broncoland by winning about 75% of his starts and led us to three playoff appearances and one AFCCG appearance.

Jay on the other hand showed potential, and in all honestly had mike built a defense, he'd still be our coach, and Jay in all probability would still be our QB. Sure we have a few that bitch about how he was treated, but again they are few and far between.

but the main reason is that all of those fans of those other guys have never once in my recollection ever started a thread or made posts that had the venom that alot of Tebow fans have made against other posters on here, or the team mates of their hero.

again, show me one thread or post by an alleged "hater" that advocated taking a crowbar to Tebow's head or knees? but yet we had a nut hugger do so about Orton.....

show me a thread started by an alleged "hater" that wondered what if Tebow died in a plane crash, and then wondered how great the Broncos would be if that actually happened? and yet we had yet another nut hugger who did exactly this about elway and fox....

I've been on this board since it's inception, and have disagreed many times with many posters, and I never had any of them (save for Slap) say some very disturbing **** to me when/if they gave me negative rep.......and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say these things.

so to answer your question, No,...I don't hate those fans of those QB's because they never acted like you and the other clowns have whenever someone disagreed with them.....

Archer81
04-15-2012, 06:08 PM
1. It's not "the board". It's more those who disagree/disagreed with me. And if it is "the board" then I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over it. I'm not here looking for your validation.

2. It's pretty clear a lot of people (including you) care or they wouldn't be so angrily arguing about it. Why get involved in a discussion you don't care about?

3. Just as discussions about Elway and Griese and Plummer and Cutler and Orton still come up, discussions about Tebow are going to come up. It's the nature of the beast.

1. Saying you do not need validation pretty much screams that in fact you do.

2. I cared when Tebow was here. He no longer is. Therefore, I no longer care what Tebow is doing or not doing. You however appear to be unable to let it go.

3. You do not discuss. You purposely find articles that reflects your opinion about a player you do not like to annoy the extreme Tebow fans. What you fail to see is that the two or three twits who were all Tebow all the time have basically migrated to Jets forums. These articles you are fond of are not relevant to the current Broncos roster.

Let it go.

errand
04-15-2012, 06:16 PM
1. Saying you do not need validation pretty much screams that in fact you do.

Well, maybe it's that he feels vindicated more than needing validation. afterall, he was attacked viciously for saying Elway wasn't sold on Tebow.

2. I cared when Tebow was here. He no longer is. Therefore, I no longer care what Tebow is doing or not doing. You however appear to be unable to let it go.

and people getting upset at him for posting the stuff, not to mention posting threads to discount Manning signing is proof that others can't let it go either.....if he's the only one that can't let it go, then it would stand to reason his threads would die pretty quickly, no?

3. You do not discuss. You purposely find articles that reflects your opinion about a player you do not like to annoy the extreme Tebow fans. What you fail to see is that the two or three twits who were all Tebow all the time have basically migrated to Jets forums. These articles you are fond of are not relevant to the current Broncos roster.

Let it go

again, perhaps he feels vindicated by the Manning signing and subsequent trade of Tebow...and really, after the venom he's been given from those that worshipped tim, do you blame him?

in bold

broncocalijohn
04-15-2012, 07:35 PM

HAVE to agree here. I was expecting a lot more but maybe the money we put out for Manning slowed down any chance of grabbing the best available by position. There are still teams like the patriots that are damn good and are already thought of as Elite. That team went and got not only free agencies that are good but they back it up next week with unreal draft position.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-15-2012, 07:47 PM
There's a lot of patriot hoovering on this site. It's a classless organization plain and simple. Not only do they cheat they treat their stars like crap. Cheap is the word in handling their own free agents. Hold outs like mankins rings a bell. They blow us out twice and people think they are the best team out there. They didn't even beat any team over 500 during the season, and got lucky against the ravens.

Kid A
04-15-2012, 08:28 PM
ESPN2 is running the NFL Films Greatest Games look at the Pats-Colts 07 AFC championship. And it's really weird watching it and finding myself pulling for Indy because "that's our guy at QB."

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 08:38 PM
No,...I don't hate those fans of those QB's because they never acted like you and the other clowns have whenever someone disagreed with them.....

Oh do tell how I acted like that. Or show me. Cause frankly I think you are delusional now.

GreatBronco16
04-15-2012, 08:45 PM
but the main reason is that all of those fans of those other guys have never once in my recollection ever started a thread or made posts that had the venom that alot of Tebow fans have made against other posters on here, or the team mates of their hero.

again, show me one thread or post by an alleged "hater" that advocated taking a crowbar to Tebow's head or knees? but yet we had a nut hugger do so about Orton.....

show me a thread started by an alleged "hater" that wondered what if Tebow died in a plane crash, and then wondered how great the Broncos would be if that actually happened? and yet we had yet another nut hugger who did exactly this about elway and fox....

I've been on this board since it's inception, and have disagreed many times with many posters, and I never had any of them (save for Slap) say some very disturbing **** to me when/if they gave me negative rep.......and I'm sure I'm not alone when I say these things.

In all this crying of yours, you are referring to what seems like maybe a handfull of posters, and only on this board. So allow me to get you some tissue if you need it, cause that right there is nothing but a bunch of crybaby crap.

houghtam
04-15-2012, 10:36 PM
In all this crying of yours, you are referring to what seems like maybe a handfull of posters, and only on this board. So allow me to get you some tissue if you need it, cause that right there is nothing but a bunch of crybaby crap.

Dude, you're beating a dead horse. I've asked multiple times to name people other than Broncbow and MacGruder who came along with Tebow and only talked about Tebow and berated the other players but not Tebow.

Nobody could.

It never happened. There was no circus. It was all trumped up because the few that were actually on the board made it look like a legion with their craziness. In fact, we have seen more Manning-first fans join this board in the past month than we ever had with the Tebowners.

Bob's your Information Minister
04-15-2012, 10:43 PM
That's a bad omen, guys.

baja
04-15-2012, 11:30 PM
That's a bad omen, guys.

It must be painful for you to watch, year after year, the good fortunes of our beloved Broncos.

DBroncos4life
04-15-2012, 11:44 PM
It must be painful for you to watch, year after year, the good fortunes of our beloved Broncos.

They did get Quinn, and his milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard......

Bob's your Information Minister
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM

Huh?

You have one playoff appearance in six years.

The Chiefs have two.

You just pinned your playoff hopes on an aging QB, which never works out.

Get a grip on reality.

lonestar
04-16-2012, 12:39 AM

In fact several folks that were rumored to come here to rejoin Manning were indeed no shows.

I'm less than impressed so far..

RedEyedJeti
04-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Who's Tebow?

peacepipe
04-16-2012, 06:40 AM
having peyton manning doesn't mean players attracted to playing in denver were going to come play for vet min. I hope the FO wasn't that niave.

jhns
04-16-2012, 07:02 AM
The Tebow haters are acting like little crybaby girls still. It seems they aren't very confident in their opinions as they continue to whine in unrelated threads. What else is new?

We didn't get any top FAs outside of Manning. You can't claim he brings them in before he does. For those trying to say they all signed before Manning, those players knew he was going to sign somewhere. They had no interest in waiting...

Vegas made the Jets odds of winnjng the SB twice as good after they signed Tebow. Vegas is calling you a moron, Tebow hater.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 07:22 AM
Huh?

The Chiefs have two.

Get a grip on reality.

So? We have 2 playoff wins in the last 7... you have 2 in the last 19!!!

Shut the **** up and go get Cassel that special mouth piece that prevents the drool from causing him to slip in the pocket!

*oh... an aging HoF QB was the last one to get you those 2 wins. Stop boasting about having 3 playoffs wins in the last 42 years

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 07:24 AM
having peyton manning doesn't mean players attracted to playing in denver were going to come play for vet min. I hope the FO wasn't that niave.

Well there was word that they low balled Saturday...

baja
04-16-2012, 07:29 AM
Huh?

The Chiefs have two.

Get a grip on reality.

It's not all about the end result. The real joy of a fan is watching his team play week in and week out. When is the last time the Chiefs had a season as exciting as the Broncos did last year and we just signed maybe the best qb to ever play and he has something to prove. Look for another exciting season from the Broncos. But you got Matt.

RaiderH8r
04-16-2012, 08:00 AM
It's not all about the end result. The real joy of a fan is watching his team play week in and week out. When is the last time the Chiefs had a season as exciting as the Broncos did last year and we just signed maybe the best qb to ever play and he has something to prove. Look for another exciting season from the Broncos. But you got Matt.

Bob just sits around fapping while screaming "65 toss power trap, 65 toss power trap, 65 toss power trap..." over and over again.

Kaylore
04-16-2012, 08:03 AM

Porter for Goodman Improvement
Bannan for Bunkley Loss (but he only played 43% of the time)
Tamme/Dreisen - for Fells Improvement
Caldwell for Royal Improvement
Adams for Dawkins Lateral move

Who am I missing?

Almost all those players are better.

jhns
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM

Which is based on nothing they have actually done. We are better at TE and QB. No other position is better off than last season, except maybe the positions that had injuries.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 08:33 AM

Caldwell is not better than Royal. I am positive that if Peyton had signed with us before Royal signed with the chargers, the FO would have brought him back. Royal was waiting for Peyton to make up his mind... he just took to long. Caldwell was 4th on the depth chart for a reason (on mostly a passing offense).

And Adams... will never bring what Dawk brought to the team. Other than that agree.

bendog
04-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Caldwell is not better than Royal. I am positive that if Peyton had signed with us before Royal signed with the chargers, the FO would have brought him back. Royal was waiting for Peyton to make up his mind... he just took to long. Caldwell was 4th on the depth chart for a reason (on mostly a passing offense).

And Adams... will never bring what Dawk brought to the team. Other than that agree.

I'm not so sure about Caldwell. Royal's got nicks, and I think we've seen his upside. Caldwell's also a LOT cheaper. Like an entire player cheaper. I don't think Den even matches SD's offer for him.

TonyR
04-16-2012, 09:00 AM
...I am positive that if Peyton had signed with us before Royal signed with the chargers, the FO would have brought him back. Royal was waiting for Peyton to make up his mind... he just took to long...

And Adams... will never bring what Dawk brought to the team...

Royal wasn't waiting on Manning. He was looking to get paid and the Broncos had no interest in paying him what he got from the Chargers.

And Adams is a far better all around player at this point than Dawkins is.

bendog
04-16-2012, 09:12 AM
Royal wasn't waiting on Manning. He was looking to get paid and the Broncos had no interest in paying him what he got from the Chargers.

And Adams is a far better all around player at this point than Dawkins is.

I like Adams in coverage packages. Mays is really a two down linebacker, and on passing downs, Ayers moves inside with Miller, in reality, at DE. So, really they're taking out two of the three linebackers and replacing them with Woodard and a nickle back. And hopefully DJ will win his appeal, which he should if there's any justice in the league. So, you've got Champ, Porter, Harris, Adams and probably Quinten Carter, DJ and Woodard. Not a bad nickle cover package.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Well the chargers did overpay for Royal... but us overpaying Mays tells me we could have.

bendog
04-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Well the chargers did overpay for Royal... but us overpaying Mays tells me we could have.

I never saw a real improvement with anyone who really wanted to play in Den. And Mays contract is about the same as McClain's was, and both are decent ILB with big weaknesses in pass coverage.

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Beat-with-Aaron-Wilson/Breaking-down-Jameel-McClains-10.5-million-contract

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/19/2884409/broncos-free-agents-2012-joe-mays

I'd say it makes me nervous they aren't signing a DT, but I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the draft plays out. imo they'd be crazy not to take Kilpatrick if he's still on the board.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-16-2012, 09:34 AM
I never saw a real improvement with anyone who really wanted to play in Den. And Mays contract is about the same as McClain's was, and both are decent ILB with big weaknesses in pass coverage.

http://ravens24x7.com/columns/The-Beat-with-Aaron-Wilson/Breaking-down-Jameel-McClains-10.5-million-contract

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/3/19/2884409/broncos-free-agents-2012-joe-mays

I'd say it makes me nervous they aren't signing a DT, but I'm guessing they're waiting to see how the draft plays out. imo they'd be crazy not to take Kilpatrick if he's still on the board.

Even with the DT disaster I would take kirkpatrick if he's at 25. No way he slides in this draft though. Especially when cincy has 2 1st rounders. He won't make it past them.

Heyneck
04-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Yup... if Dre is there... you have to take him. But we have to address the DT position with actual Talent. Not a body. We have to take a DT no matter what in the first 2 rounds.

broncocalijohn
04-16-2012, 10:01 AM
Dude, you're beating a dead horse. I've asked multiple times to name people other than Broncbow and MacGruder who came along with Tebow and only talked about Tebow and berated the other players but not Tebow.

Nobody could.

It never happened. There was no circus. It was all trumped up because the few that were actually on the board made it look like a legion with their craziness. In fact, we have seen more Manning-first fans join this board in the past month than we ever had with the Tebowners.

Alpha Seirra and wasnt Amegaddon or whatever here because of the Tebow factor?

bendog
04-16-2012, 10:06 AM
imo the Saints giving Bunkley a contract that to me is insane given his career thus far, it really jammed up the DT position.

Considering none of us know whether any of the NT's really fit in a 4-3 "NT" system where a guy is playing a one gap, you get down to #57 before you find a journeyman DT. And no to Okoye.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/transactions/free-agents

And, I'd like to see what Jarmon can do. He tried to convert from a DE to an 4-3 DT last year, but yeah, they gotta draft esp cause its a decent year for DT

DBroncos4life
04-16-2012, 10:16 AM

Yes and KO5K as well.

houghtam
04-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Alpha Sierra was the other one I forgot, but neither he nor Broncbow were here for very long. AS was here for a total of less than 4 months. Broncbow was here even shorter.

KO5K and Agamemnon, if you go back and read their early posts, didn't come here "because of Tebow".

The "circus" was overblown.

bendog
04-16-2012, 10:58 AM
it's over. thank god.