PDA

View Full Version : Moreno ? Stayin or Goin ?

Jetmeck
04-14-2012, 04:29 AM
What you think ?

UberBroncoMan
04-14-2012, 04:37 AM
At first glance I thought the topic was.

Moreno ? Strain or Groin

Jetmeck
04-14-2012, 04:39 AM

Moreno ? Strain or Groin

Well said..............

v2micca
04-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Well, he has a year left on his contract, and this is an offense where his particular skill-set may be the most useful. We've already sunk a first round pick into him. Might as well bring him back in and see if we can get any value from him at this point. I say stay.

UberBroncoMan
04-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Well, he has a year left on his contract, and this is an offense where his particular skill-set may be the most useful. We've already sunk a first round pick into him. Might as well bring him back in and see if we can get any value from him at this point. I say stay.

We have him longer than that.

8/7/2009: Signed a five-year, $16.7 million contract. The deal contains $13.125 million guaranteed, including a second-year roster bonus of $3.775 million. Another $6.3 million is available through incentives. The Broncos can exercise an option year in 2014 by paying Moreno $5.08 million. 2012: $855,000, 2013: $1.7 million, 2014: Club Option, 2015: Free Agent

Two more years at a very affordable price with a 5 mill option to add another, which if he magically turns into a super star would be a bargain.

Drek
04-14-2012, 06:31 AM
He's a good fit for what Manning's passing offense and the OL is finally starting to show signs of growth.

He lost the vast majority of last season to injury, but in the pre-season and his limited windows of health he was very productive in terms of yards per touch. In the two previous seasons he was misused as a workhorse back and still was a solid producer despite a generally bad team and especially shoddy OL play.

The big questions with Moreno center on how dedicated he is to football and how well he can rebound from his late season ACL. I'd imagine he's on the roster for next season but needs to show real commitment and at least some strong late season production to be viewed as more than a roster bubble guy in 2013.

Personally I think the team should place him on the PUP list early, freeing up the extra 53 man roster spot and getting Moreno back at 100% before letting him see the field in 2012. We'll almost definitely have some backfield injuries along the way and it would make sense to use the PUP much like the disabled list in baseball to let us carry an extra guy through the first several weeks of the season.

Elway 4 Life
04-14-2012, 06:37 AM
To me this is the make or break year for him. If he doesnt perform or cant stay healthy then adios we cut bait and move on.

Bronco Rob
04-14-2012, 06:44 AM
We have to recoup something from the twelfth overall pick in the draft. Unless he can cobble togther a Roger Craig performance circa 1985 we should 86 his can at the end of the season.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 07:04 AM
The league should test him for performance hampering excessive estrogen levels.

Dedhed
04-14-2012, 07:07 AM
I think his place in Denver will be dependent on how the draft falls out. I think he has the ability to play a role in this offense, and is not cost prohibitive at this point, so it wouldn't make sense let him go.

However, if we take a RB early and then add a couple of UFAs to the camp mix I can see him going.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 07:08 AM
Sauced

barryr
04-14-2012, 07:09 AM
Staying unless the Broncos draft a James, Pead, Hillman type of RB, then he's gone. If they draft a Martin, Turbin, or a RB like them, then he likely stays for a year at least.

Gort
04-14-2012, 07:42 AM
What you think ?

let's hope Knowshon doesn't see this thread. he might sprain his eyeball.

bowtown
04-14-2012, 07:46 AM
The league should test him for performance hampering excessive estrogen levels.

aka CrossFit

elsid13
04-14-2012, 07:47 AM
Moreno on CrossFit or Moreno doing Professional Football Workout program?

OrangeSe7en
04-14-2012, 07:52 AM
One thing is for sure: no amount of injuries is going to prevent Moreno from putting on his "sweet" dance moves when he scores a touchdown (even when it's a blowout).

gunns
04-14-2012, 07:55 AM
I'd love to see us pick someone up and draft one. It's one of the few offensive positions I'd like to see us draft. For a 1st round draft pick he's about solidified the bust moniker. I could care less about his yards, because when he's successful that's all he does is gain yards. I'd like to see a RB that can score also. He's also earning the image as injury prone and I have wonder how he will come back from the latest. He's really become a waste of money spent. I'd have no problem at all seeing him go.

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Moreno experiment should of been scrapped after his sauces DUI. Well since they didn't might as well make him 3 rd down back for small cap number. When he gets hurt again cut ties for good.

DarkHorse
04-14-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm done supporting the let down. Move on.

OBF1
04-14-2012, 08:25 AM
kick his ass to the curb now, He has already shown us what he is.

Kid A
04-14-2012, 08:31 AM
I'm with the "could be a good fit in the Manning offense crowd." Take away his injury problems (I know, a bit of a leap from reality, but still) and I see an above average 3rd-down back. That might not be worth where we drafted him, but I can't help remembering how good he looks in spurts (before the inevitable blown knee/hammy/etc) and want to see what he can prove with this year's offense.

cmhargrove
04-14-2012, 08:42 AM
He's definitely good camp competition. If he has what it takes, let's keep him. He's really playing for peanuts this year, and I think he knows this is an audition for his second contract (or his next team).

Also, I have never questioned his effort, just his skillset. No reason not to bring in a player that is honestly giving it all he has. If he doesn't make the final cut, so be it.

schaaf
04-14-2012, 08:49 AM
He's definitely good camp competition. If he has what it takes, let's keep him. He's really playing for peanuts this year, and I think he knows this is an audition for his second contract (or his next team).

Also, I have never questioned his effort, just his skillset. No reason not to bring in a player that is honestly giving it all he has. If he doesn't make the final cut, so be it.

I bought a Moreno jersey for 10 bucks this year, hes ****ed

cmhargrove
04-14-2012, 08:55 AM
I bought a Moreno jersey for 10 bucks this year, hes ****ed

I'll see your Moreno and raise you a Javon Walker...

schaaf
04-14-2012, 08:56 AM
I'll see your Moreno and raise you a Javon Walker...

Touchè.

broncswin
04-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Stay..cheap labor

FantomForce
04-14-2012, 09:01 AM
My feeling from mid-season of last year http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100522 in other words cut his a$$

Captain 'Dre
04-14-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm with the "could be a good fit in the Manning offense crowd." Take away his injury problems (I know, a bit of a leap from reality, but still) and I see an above average 3rd-down back. That might not be worth where we drafted him, but I can't help remembering how good he looks in spurts (before the inevitable blown knee/hammy/etc) and want to see what he can prove with this year's offense.

For every Jimmy Smith and Mike Sherrard (both of whom missed virtually all of their first two NFL seasons with injuries, but then came back to be good players), there are 10... or 20... guys who just can't manage to stay healthy and bomb out of the league.

If Moreno works hard to come back strong, I don't see why the team wouldn't give him the opportunity to turn things around.

If he sulks or complains, then I could see where the team wouldn't bother with him.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 09:11 AM
He's a good fit for what Manning's passing offense and the OL is finally starting to show signs of growth.

He lost the vast majority of last season to injury, but in the pre-season and his limited windows of health he was very productive in terms of yards per touch. In the two previous seasons he was misused as a workhorse back and still was a solid producer despite a generally bad team and especially shoddy OL play.

The big questions with Moreno center on how dedicated he is to football and how well he can rebound from his late season ACL. I'd imagine he's on the roster for next season but needs to show real commitment and at least some strong late season production to be viewed as more than a roster bubble guy in 2013.

Personally I think the team should place him on the PUP list early, freeing up the extra 53 man roster spot and getting Moreno back at 100% before letting him see the field in 2012. We'll almost definitely have some backfield injuries along the way and it would make sense to use the PUP much like the disabled list in baseball to let us carry an extra guy through the first several weeks of the season.

Moreno has always been productive in yds per touch and TD's per touch, so yeah put him on the PUP then see what production Peyton can get out of him. And Peyton probably can get quite a bit, Moreno seems like the perfect guy for a one-back set.

TheReverend
04-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Staying

underrated29
04-14-2012, 09:40 AM
He's most definitely staying. The FO has already said they see him as an ideal 3rd down back. Besides you don't cut rbs of knoshons caliber, you cut the lance balls.....however if inowshons vagina acts up AGAIN then its very likely he's toast. But I have a very good feeling about him this year in this system....this is what he's made for. He should really excellent.

oubronco
04-14-2012, 09:44 AM
I could care less, but he's staying they liked him alot last year before he got injured

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 09:52 AM
I'd love to see us pick someone up and draft one. It's one of the few offensive positions I'd like to see us draft. For a 1st round draft pick he's about solidified the bust moniker. I could care less about his yards, because when he's successful that's all he does is gain yards. I'd like to see a RB that can score also. He's also earning the image as injury prone and I have wonder how he will come back from the latest. He's really become a waste of money spent. I'd have no problem at all seeing him go.

TD's per touch:

Adrian Peterson, 1 per 23
LeSean McCoy, 1 per 24
Arian Foster, 1 per 24
Jones-Drew, 1 per 24.5
Michael Turner, 1 per 26
Hillis, 1 per 27
Jonathan Stewart, 1 per 28
Moreno, 1 per 30
McGahee, 1 per 31
Chris Johnson, 1 per 33
Darren McFadden, 1 per 33.5
Ryan Matthews, 1 per 35
Marshawn Lynch, 1 per 35
Frank Gore, 1 per 37
Steven Jackson, 1 per 42
Ray Rice, 1 per 42
Forte, 1 per 43
Shonn Greene, 1 per 59

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2012, 09:57 AM
Give him another year in Manning's offense and see how he does. He's cheap too. However, I bet you anything that if he has a real good year, he'll want a new contract. For some reason I just think that is how he rolls but I might be wrong...

Gort
04-14-2012, 10:06 AM
Give him another year in Manning's offense and see how he does. He's cheap too. However, I bet you anything that if he has a real good year, he'll want a new contract. For some reason I just think that is how he rolls but I might be wrong...

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 10:07 AM
What Noshow lacks in production and durability is offset by his decision making.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 10:23 AM
What Noshow lacks in production and durability is offset by his decision making.

This is baloney. Moreno when he's on the field has been one of the most productive backs in the league in yds per touch and TD's per touch.

sgbfan
04-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Just don't hand it to him on obvious running downs and 3rd and short. Use him out of the backfield. He is good in open space and he's cheap this year. Why cut someone who adds to your team (if used right) and doesn't cost much. If he's not productive, or gets injured again, cut him next year.

Pony Boy
04-14-2012, 10:45 AM
I'm kind of dancing back and forth on this issue........

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 10:58 AM

I was til I saw his cap number. Might as well keep him for under a mil. Give him his 50 touches and he will get hurt and plug in Ball.

BroncoMan4ever
04-14-2012, 11:02 AM
I say he gets a shot because his skill set works for the Manning offense, but a back will be drafted and if his annual missed time in camp or preseason happens he will most likely be looking for work

bowtown
04-14-2012, 11:14 AM

http://img.myconfinedspace.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/i-see-what-you-did-there-army.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 11:26 AM
This is baloney. Moreno when he's on the field has been one of the most productive backs in the league in yds per touch and TD's per touch.

When not on his menstural cycle.

Mogulseeker
04-14-2012, 11:27 AM

Moreno ? Strain or Groin

Me too, I was like WTF?

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 12:10 PM

Sounds like you're on a menstrual cycle yourself. Moreno has been out of a lot of games because of injury. It happens sometimes, it's not like he's just making it up, he was injured. When he's been in games he's been one of the top producing backs.

We'll see if he can come back from the ACL. Like said above, put him on the PUP for the first part of this season and see if he can produce when healthy.

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 12:32 PM
Sounds like you're on a menstrual cycle yourself. Moreno has been out of a lot of games because of injury. It happens sometimes, it's not like he's just making it up, he was injured. When he's been in games he's been one of the top producing backs.

We'll see if he can come back from the ACL. Like said above, put him on the PUP for the first part of this season and see if he can produce when healthy.

Injuries or not moreno has been an underachieving bust. It happens when you draft. He had questional speed and durability and it carried to the pros.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Injuries or not moreno has been an underachieving bust. It happens when you draft. He had questional speed and durability and it carried to the pros.

Huh? Moreno when he's been on the field has been one of the top producing backs in the league. His yards per touch and TD's per touch were very good. The only bad thing one can say about Moreno is he hasn't been on the field that much.

When he's been healthy he's been a producer. It's ridiculous to find fault with Moreno's production, just look at the stats. Jebus.

Gort
04-14-2012, 01:12 PM
Huh? Moreno when he's been on the field has been one of the top producing backs in the league. His yards per touch and TD's per touch were very good. The only bad thing one can say about Moreno is he hasn't been on the field that much.

When he's been healthy he's been a producer. It's ridiculous to find fault with Moreno's production, just look at the stats. Jebus.

but he gets injured about as easily as this guy...

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/unbreakable.jpg

...that's the problem.

Knowshon has value as a 3rd down back catching passes out of the backfield. beyond that, i don't see much value there.

Pony Boy
04-14-2012, 01:24 PM

Or when he's not sauced

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 01:30 PM
but he gets injured about as easily as this guy...

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/unbreakable.jpg

...that's the problem.

Knowshon has value as a 3rd down back catching passes out of the backfield. beyond that, i don't see much value there.

If perhaps he can come back from the ACL, Peyton is the guy that can get the production out of Moreno, and not just on 3rd downs. Moreno is the type of back that Peyton can use in the one back sets on 1st and 2nd down.

I'm tired of all this ridiculous crap that Moreno is a bust because he hasn't produced, when in fact he's produced very well when he's been on the field.

Dude is 24 yrs old. If he can come back from the ACL and sauced in a Bentley, works hard, dedicates himself, I like the possibilities.

razorwire77
04-14-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't see the harm in bringing him into camp to compete for a roster spot as a 3rd down back. Fans have already ratcheted back their expectations. He's not going to live up to being a top 15 pick. Now that we've accepted that, the question is can Moreno accept his role and adapt to being a role player. Will he, can he, be an effective special teams player? Can he get healthy and stay out of trouble. Regardless, the team needs to draft a legitimate 1A/1B back to split carries with an aging Willis. That's not going to be Moreno.

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM

Stats ok he barely averages 4 ypc and in 3 years he has how many 100 yard games and 1000 yard years? The way you talk about him I think we got Marshall Faulk in waiting. He has been serviceable and okay but far from 15 pick in the draft status.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Marshall Faulk his first three years in Indy (1994-1996) with Peyton:

1 TD per 29 touches
4.5 yards per touch

Knowshon Moreno his first three years:

1 TD per 30 touches
4.8 yards per touch

Do the math, check the stats, or STFU.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2012, 02:56 PM

1 TD per 29 touches
4.5 yards per touch

1 TD per 30 touches
4.8 yards per touch

You do realize Faulk was traded, right? Faulk went on to have a fantastic career at St. Louis but it took Vermiel's offense and Kurt Warner to launch him into the stratosphere of elite RBs. Up to that time he had an good career at Indy but for whatever reason Polian traded him and drafted Edgerrin James (which was another contoversial move).

Yah, Moreno ain't no Faulk. Not-even-close.

pricejj
04-14-2012, 02:57 PM
One thing is for sure: no amount of injuries is going to prevent Moreno from putting on his "sweet" dance moves when he scores a touchdown (even when it's a blowout).

...or going into hulk/steroid rooster mode after every 3 yard gain. Gotta appreciate the intensity :).

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 03:13 PM

1 TD per 29 touches
4.5 yards per touch

1 TD per 30 touches
4.8 yards per touch

So I guess you would take Slowshon over Faulk? Arguing with cherry picked stats is all you can do when you got nothing else. Why don't you list total yards, td, receptions, 100 yd games carries and pro bowls too? Wait yeah Moreno is very average.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 03:24 PM
You do realize Faulk was traded, right? Faulk went on to have a fantastic career at St. Louis but it took Vermiel's offense and Kurt Warner to launch him into the stratosphere of elite RBs. Up to that time he had an good career at Indy but for whatever reason Polian traded him and drafted Edgerrin James (which was another contoversial move).

Yah, Moreno ain't no Faulk. Not-even-close.

Duh. I was comparing Moreno's and Faulk's first three years, and Faulk's first three years were with Peyton Manning. You think maybe there should be a comparison there? I think so.

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 03:30 PM
So I guess you would take Slowshon over Faulk? Arguing with cherry picked stats is all you can do when you got nothing else. Why don't you list total yards, td, receptions, 100 yd games carries and pro bowls too? Wait yeah Moreno is very average.

I'm pointing out the stats to counter the ridiculous crap that Moreno is unproductive.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Per capita productivity does not equate to actual productivity.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Moreno blowin' smoke on the Policia. SqualiE>

DENVERDUI55
04-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Duh. I was comparing Moreno's and Faulk's first three years, and Faulk's first three years were with Peyton Manning. You think maybe there should be a comparison there? I think so.

Well not really he played one year with Manning his 5 th year in the league. Manning was a rookie then and in a big learning curve. It's really apples to oranges.Knowshon doesn't scare any defensive coordinators. A 31 year old took his job for crying out loud. 3 rd down back is his role.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Noshow is coming off an acl injury, which occurred after two seasons of underproduction and a third season of minimal production. Then he drove while intoxicated at a high rate of speed through a construction zone in a car with a personalized tag that litteraly translates to "I'm drunk." Obviously this is a player worth keeping.

baja
04-14-2012, 04:38 PM

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyh8bfNKG21qigeu7o1_500.jpg

I know he's been a disappointment but isn't this a little much?

Cito Pelon
04-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Well not really he played one year with Manning his 5 th year in the league. Manning was a rookie then and in a big learning curve. It's really apples to oranges.Knowshon doesn't scare any defensive coordinators. A 31 year old took his job for crying out loud. 3 rd down back is his role.

Ouch, you got me there good. Ah, well, maybe I'll get it right next time.

broncosteven
04-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I think they keep him though TC and if he plays him self off the roster they either try to move him or cut him. If he turns it around then good for him and good for us because Manning will make him better than what he has been in the passing game.

He needs to work on 1 cut and running to daylight. He tries to pretend he is Barry Sanders and dance around or run up his blockers back. Hit the hole and make the tackler pay for once.

I don't see him getting more than 12 touches unless we play KFC.

Pony Boy
04-14-2012, 04:54 PM
Noshow is coming off an acl injury, which occurred after two seasons of underproduction and a third season of minimal production. Then he drove while intoxicated at a high rate of speed through a construction zone in a car with a personalized tag that litteraly translates to "I'm drunk." Obviously this is a player worth keeping.

I'll drink to that ..........

broncosteven
04-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Didn't he get the vote of confidence from Elway which is like the kiss of death?

If they take a RB high I think he is gone, I think his contract is low enough that they can see what he has in TC then move him if he is no better than the last couple years.

The real sad thing is he has gotten worse each year. mCd was a fool for drafting this guy so high, he was a fool for a lot of other stuff too.

WolfpackGuy
04-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Who?

oubronco
04-14-2012, 06:17 PM
What?

baja
04-14-2012, 06:48 PM
When?

broncofan4life
04-14-2012, 07:42 PM
i say go im tired of DWTH stars Moreno!!

UberBroncoMan
04-14-2012, 08:40 PM

1 TD per 29 touches
4.5 yards per touch

1 TD per 30 touches
4.8 yards per touch

...Peyton didn't even enter the NFL until 1998.

broncolife
04-14-2012, 08:50 PM
I remember praying to god and saying I wanted a gamebreaker at rb. I think he misheard and gave us a broken rb instead.

Requiem
04-14-2012, 08:53 PM
Moreno puts up 1,750 all-purpose this year. That is word on the street.

FantomForce
04-14-2012, 09:03 PM
...Peyton didn't even enter the NFL until 1998.

Beat me to it Uber. Cito you are worthless just like your stats

Dr. Broncenstein
04-14-2012, 09:04 PM

Lol.

Cito Pelon
04-15-2012, 12:07 PM
I think they keep him though TC and if he plays him self off the roster they either try to move him or cut him. If he turns it around then good for him and good for us because Manning will make him better than what he has been in the passing game.

He needs to work on 1 cut and running to daylight. He tries to pretend he is Barry Sanders and dance around or run up his blockers back. Hit the hole and make the tackler pay for once.

I don't see him getting more than 12 touches unless we play KFC.

He may not even be ready for TC. They can easily put him on the PUP and see if he's ready midway thru the season. If he's recovered from the ACL, why in the world would they cut him?

Tombstone RJ
04-15-2012, 12:10 PM

no, I don't. Moreno has not yet played with Manning so there is NO comparison. If anything, your "point" proves that Moreno won't have better numbers WITH Manning.

duh.

Cito Pelon
04-15-2012, 12:13 PM

He put up 1160 and 1151 Yscm his first two years.

Of course, he has to come back from the ACL, so until he does that . . . .

razorwire77
04-15-2012, 12:22 PM
I'm not going to put too much stock in a "200" pound running back who ran a 4.6 40 (before injury) and who had an embarrassing off-field incident coming back to light the world on fire. Hopefully they address RB in the draft. Personally, I'd love to see Ronnie Hillman in the 4th.

The only thing Moreno has going for him right now is is contract is cheap.

Requiem
04-15-2012, 12:26 PM
I was kidding about the APY. I'd be surprised if he made the team.

DENVERDUI55
04-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Instead of Slowshon Denver would be better cutting ties with him and get Tim Hightower. He'd be a great 3 rd down back because he blocks, catches and can run short yardage pretty well. He is only 26 too.

broncosteven
04-21-2012, 02:53 PM
Instead of Slowshon Denver would be better cutting ties with him and get Tim Hightower. He'd be a great 3 rd down back because he blocks, catches and can run short yardage pretty well. He is only 26 too.

Hell I would take Grant too. When healthy Grant would be a great fit in this O, I think Elway wants a back who can 1 cut like McGahee. If Grant is healthy and would come cheap I would pick him up.

KipCorrington25
04-21-2012, 03:20 PM
http://millercards.net/im_sa_large/sa821.jpg

extralife
04-21-2012, 03:42 PM

He played one year with Manning. Manning's rookie year.

(does anyone even remember why they got rid of him? you'd think they would have wanted the stud running back to go with The Franchise. I don't remember the circumstances around that at all. obviously they drafted edge to replace him, but still pretty weird.)

Cito Pelon
04-21-2012, 04:03 PM

(does anyone even remember why they got rid of him? you'd think they would have wanted the stud running back to go with The Franchise. I don't remember the circumstances around that at all. obviously they drafted edge to replace him, but still pretty weird.)

Yeah, yeah, already took a lot of crap for that idiocy, but thanks so much for pointing it out again.

It was pretty weird trading Faulk, I think Indy got a 2nd for him, had drafted him 2nd overall in 1994 I think. I guess Polian thought Faulk was gonna hold out. Dude was an exceptional player. Faulk also got robbed of the Heisman at SDSU, I think Gino Torretta won the Heisman and a lot of people were supremely pissed off Faulk was nay-sayed. But hey, SDSU? Who in their right mind would send the Heisman Trophy to SDSU?

Cito Pelon
04-21-2012, 04:06 PM
Hell I would take Grant too. When healthy Grant would be a great fit in this O, I think Elway wants a back who can 1 cut like McGahee. If Grant is healthy and would come cheap I would pick him up.

I think the staff is counting on Moreno to be healthy and contribute this season.

Great13
04-21-2012, 04:10 PM

Wow.. that's a perfect comparison.

Drek
04-21-2012, 04:11 PM

Contract hold out, resulting in Polian fearing that Faulk was mucking up team chemistry. A lot of people from Indy I've talked to believe it was more because Faulk was the established "guy" on offense though and the FO wanted that to be Manning. So rather than hope for a healthy dynamic to develop between them they just shipped Faulk out and brought in James.

lonestar
04-21-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm not going to put too much stock in a "200" pound running back who ran a 4.6 40 (before injury) and who had an embarrassing off-field incident coming back to light the world on fire. Hopefully they address RB in the draft. Personally, I'd love to see Ronnie Hillman in the 4th.

The only thing Moreno has going for him right now is is contract is cheap.

that us a plus but his past perfromance makes even that money high IMO.

coupled with his off the field history and that latest incident, if they can come up with a RB that is warm to the touch and has a heart beat he is gone..

ONE more moron that had an oportunity and did not make the best of it..

Cito Pelon
04-21-2012, 04:33 PM

Nah, Willhite had 22 TD's, 3455 Yscm for his seven year career.

Moreno has 18 TD's, 2591 Yscm for his 3-yr career. Again, Moreno has to come back from the ACL. If he does come back 100%, he'll produce. He always has produced when healthy.

bowtown
04-21-2012, 06:30 PM

Moreno has 18 TD's, 2591 Yscm for his 3-yr career. Again, Moreno has to come back from the ACL. If he does come back 100%, he'll produce. He always has produced when healthy.

I've never seen Moreno do a backflip after we score... advantage Wilhite.

kappys
04-21-2012, 06:39 PM
As bad as Moreno is I still prefer him over the might Lance Ball.

Unless we pick up 2 more RB's between the draft/FA I doubt Moreno gets cut unless his knee is totally shot.

cutthemdown
04-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Staying for sure because he is super cheap. We could afford for Moreno to be last on the depth chart.

cutthemdown
04-21-2012, 07:08 PM

The play Moreno scored against SD I think it was? On the screen pass? That may have been the fastest I have seen him get moving in the NFL. Was nice to see. Then he looked sort of like he was finding a roll, then bam out for yr again. But hes cheap now, on the back end of his deal, no reason to cut him.

strafen
04-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Popps?

broncosteven
04-21-2012, 07:57 PM
As bad as Moreno is I still prefer him over the might Lance Ball.

Unless we pick up 2 more RB's between the draft/FA I doubt Moreno gets cut unless his knee is totally shot.

I actually prefer a consistent Ball to KM in the running game. Passing game KM is a big threat but his running numbers have slid his entire NFL career.

broncosteven
04-21-2012, 08:00 PM

I remember Sewell being a 1st round pick but I forgot Willhite was too.

broncolife
04-21-2012, 10:06 PM

What I dont like about Moreno besides the injuries is his ability to not break long runs.

Willhite (52)longest run in 134 carries

Moreno (36)longest run in 466 carries

............................Carries Longest run

Floyd Little......(inside)642........48,55,80

Mike Anderson............193........80

Terrel Davis...............211..........60
................................299......... 65
................................368......... 71

Olandis Gary...............76..........60

Tatum Bell.................120........55

Gaston Green.............153.........43

Clinton Portis..............192.........43

Andre Hall...................15..........62

Willis McGahee............123.........60

Ron Dayne..................20..........55

Sammy Winder...........172........52

Rueben Droughns.......184..........51

Selvin Young.................5..........40

Rod Smith..................12.........37
.................................18.........50 :)

Mike Bell......................10.........36

Reggie Rivers...............17.........48

Vaughn Hebron..........17..........47

Quentin Griffin...........117........47

Bobby Humphrey........68.........40

Tim Tebow..................20........40 :)

K. Moreno.............429........36

L.Ball.........................62..........34
Aaron Craver (fb).......132.......28
Glyn Milburn..............110........26
Jeremiah Johnson..........6..........25
Brian Griese................129........24 :)
Rod Bernstine............240........24
P.J. Pope..................17..........24
Leonard Russell..........190........22
Michael Pittman..........76.........20
Lance Ball..................41.........19
Peyton Hillis(fb)...........81........19
Ryan Torain.................15........19
Cecil Sapp..................16........18
Derek Loville...............285........17
Steven Sewell............104.........16
Howard Griffith (fb)......13..........16

bowtown
04-21-2012, 11:08 PM
I remember Sewell being a 1st round pick but I forgot Willhite was too.

Only difference is that Steve Sewell will always be the most overrated by me player in Broncos history.

DENVERDUI55
04-22-2012, 10:34 AM
It was pretty weird trading Faulk, I think Indy got a 2nd for him, had drafted him 2nd overall in 1994 I think. I guess Polian thought Faulk was gonna hold out. ?

It's smart not to give a huge contract to a RB going into his 6th year. They were in a perfect position to get James or Williams and got value from Faulk. That was a trade that worked great both ways.

montrose
04-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Self-admitted Knowshon homer here: I've got no excuse for the injuries, slipping and the DUI... but I have always questioned the way he was used. Coming out of Georgia into McD's NE offense, I envisioned him being used all over the field taking advantage of his diverse skills. Instead, it was a lot of running up the middle behind an OL that struggled in the run game until 15 and the zone read was implemented. With all that, I thought he was looking pretty good just before his injury and believe a Manning-type offense could be just what the 24 year old needs to jump start his career. Obviously I dont think he can do anything to merit being picked at #12 in 2009 but hopefully he can be productive and a good value at his tiny salary this season.

Nwp-Apap
04-26-2012, 02:04 AM

Except Moreno's better in every single way.

Nwp-Apap
04-26-2012, 02:05 AM
I actually prefer a consistent Ball to KM in the running game. Passing game KM is a big threat but his running numbers have slid his entire NFL career.

Actually, his YPC has increased every year.

extralife
04-26-2012, 02:13 AM
It's smart not to give a huge contract to a RB going into his 6th year. They were in a perfect position to get James or Williams and got value from Faulk. That was a trade that worked great both ways.

a little hard to call giving a hall of famer away in his prime for Mike Peterson and Brad Scioli something that "worked great." sure, they got another excellent back in James, but that was a manufactured need. had they held on to Faulk they could have drafted someone else. someone like, oh, I don't know, Champ Bailey.

SPORTSWRITER
04-26-2012, 04:24 AM
What you think ?

He's probably staying, unless a new draft pick, trade or free agent looks strong in training camp and pre-season games, and beats him out of a position.

BTW, I like your avatar! Cool!!