PDA

View Full Version : Maycock Really Likes Worthy

prunch
04-13-2012, 09:21 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8283e3a5/Mike-Mayock-s-top-100-players-preview

Also, good chance that a good CB (with character concerns) is available low 1st/high 2nd

v2micca
04-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Eh, I like Worthy, but admit to having a shockingly limited knowledge of what type of DT he is and whether or not he fills our needs. Maybe this is just me going through the entire process of talking myself into the idea that we don't need to bring in any further DT help that I seem to go through every year (it never really works but I keep trying) But, I'm okay not grabbing a DT in the first round as long as I feel we are truly grabbing the highest available graded player at that spot.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 09:55 AM
If he is on the board at #25, I'd run to the podium. I just don't see use trading down and maybe with the exception of Reyes, getting a guy who can make an impact in his first season. Thompson or Ta'amu can maybe do that -- and I wouldn't doubt them targeting Thompson to replace Bunkley or so, but they just signed Bannan. My guess is that the Broncos need to go with another UT (like Worthy) to make this defense special.

g6matty
04-13-2012, 09:58 AM
Eh, I like Worthy, but admit to having a shockingly limited knowledge of what type of DT he is and whether or not he fills our needs. Maybe this is just me going through the entire process of talking myself into the idea that we don't need to bring in any further DT help that I seem to go through every year (it never really works but I keep trying) But, I'm okay not grabbing a DT in the first round as long as I feel we are truly grabbing the highest available graded player at that spot.

hes a 3 down DT personally me being a PA homer i like devon still. but these guys go hand in hand stout against the run and can push the pocket. these guys make alot of plays behind the line of scrimmage id be happy with either

pricejj
04-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Mayock also thought Moreno was a top 5 pick in the 2009 draft, and he ranked Robert Ayers as the best Defensive player.

55CrushEm
04-13-2012, 10:01 AM
If he is on the board at #25, I'd run to the podium. I just don't see use trading down and maybe with the exception of Reyes, getting a guy who can make an impact in his first season. Thompson or Ta'amu can maybe do that -- and I wouldn't doubt them targeting Thompson to replace Bunkley or so, but they just signed Bannan. My guess is that the Broncos need to go with another UT (like Worthy) to make this defense special.

One mock I saw had Worthy going to the Patriots at their #31 pick. That would royally suck if we passed on him......then the Pats get him, and he ends up being another all-pro like Wilfork.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 10:04 AM
Mayock also thought Moreno was a top 5 pick in the 2009 draft, and he ranked Robert Ayers as the best Defensive player.

If you watched the video, it discusses why he has Poe and Brockers below Worthy and it is actually a hell of an explanation. Considering how raw Poe and Brockers are, their LTI might be a little longer than Worthy, who was a guy who started for three years and helped anchor one of the best defenses in college football.

Ayers wasn't his best defensive player, but he said that in several years -- he could emerge as the best guy in this draft. We're a couple of years later and Ayers has had to go through two whole role changes. He likely won't ever be the top defensive player from that class, but he has value on our team as a base end and is playing where he should be.

People miss on prospects, it doesn't mean that by doing so his evaluation of Worthy is wrong.

SouthStndJunkie
04-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I've watched Jerel Worthy a lot as I'm a Michigan fan and see a lot of Big Ten games.

He's my top choice at 25....unless by luck Fletcher Cox fell to 25, which I highly doubt.

I think Worthy is going to be a damn good DT in the NFL.

Requiem
One mock I saw had Worthy going to the Patriots at their #31 pick. That would royally suck if we passed on him......then the Pats get him, and he ends up being another all-pro like Wilfork.

Yes, it would really suck to see the Broncos pass on a guy like Worthy. The only solace I can find in this draft if we don't take him @ 25 is getting a trade down where we accumulate more selections to address other needs. If we don't do that, I think we whiffed big-time, but I hope Fox and Del Rio can make a difference with their DL developmental abilities.

SouthStndJunkie
BTW....I don't want Poe or Brockers if either of them fall to 25.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 10:09 AM
I'm really starting to warm up to the idea of Worthy at 25. As a one gap guy in a 4-3 he should be able to contribute right off the bat. What's interesting, is Poe, Brockers, Still and Worthy may all still be available in the bottom 3rd of the 1st round.

Bmore Manning
My big issue with Worthy is his motor, and how he takes plays off. Aside from that his best attribute is his ability to time the snap count and get the jump on slower less experienced interior linemen. I don't see him having nearly that same success in the NFL. QBs are smarter, interior linemen faster and smarter.

I want a high motor UT that wins matchups from being relentless, freak strong and fast, and working hard play after play. Worthy does not fit that bill...

Requiem
I've watched Jerel Worthy a lot as I'm a Michigan fan and see a lot of Big Ten games.

He's my top choice at 25....unless by luck Fletcher Cox fell to 25, which I highly doubt.

Nice of you to be honest and put away that Wolverine bias when evaluating Worthy. All the issues that he has comes down to technique and being coached up. The fact that Worthy was making calls on defense and getting the rest of the youngsters around him to their correct alignments pre-snap shows that he is a mature and ready to take on the next level. Poe and Brockers aren't going to be guys who can do that.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Like Mayock said, all you have to do is watch him up against two of the best Olines in college, Wisconsin and Iowa. He can dominate.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 10:12 AM
My big issue with Worthy is his motor, and how he takes plays off. Aside from that his best attribute is his ability to time the snap count and get the jump on slower less experienced interior linemen. I don't see him having nearly that same success in the NFL. QBs are smarter, interior linemen faster and smarter.

I want a high motor UT that wins matchups from being relentless, freak strong and fast, and working hard play after play. Worthy does not fit that bill...

Do you honestly think anybody is going to take you seriously when you claim to be an Indianapolis fan, yet had no idea what kind of defense they ran for the past 15 years?

What games of Worthy's did you actually watch? Without Googling, could you actually tell me last year what games he played well in and which ones he played poor in?

Probably not.

p7superfly
04-13-2012, 10:14 AM
I want to see Worthy or Janoris Jenkins...

SonOfLe-loLang
04-13-2012, 10:18 AM
If you watched the video, it discusses why he has Poe and Brockers below Worthy and it is actually a hell of an explanation. Considering how raw Poe and Brockers are, their LTI might be a little longer than Worthy, who was a guy who started for three years and helped anchor one of the best defenses in college football.

Ayers wasn't his best defensive player, but he said that in several years -- he could emerge as the best guy in this draft. We're a couple of years later and Ayers has had to go through two whole role changes. He likely won't ever be the top defensive player from that class, but he has value on our team as a base end and is playing where he should be.

People miss on prospects, it doesn't mean that by doing so his evaluation of Worthy is wrong.

Mayock, bless his heart, is always a contrarian. Its just in his personality. I'm not sure how he got the reputation of being more "accurate" than his peers (perhaps because some of his against the grain choices actually worked out), but he's constantly taking the road less traveled.

That said, I like Worthy too

pricejj
04-13-2012, 10:24 AM

I think Worthy will be solid, but drafting Kendall Wright (or Peter Konz, or Mike Adams) over Worthy in the 1st round is more valuable, considering the Broncos should be able to draft Derek Wolfe or Mike Martin in the 2nd round. The draft is deep in UT's.

Kendall Wright/Derek Wolfe > Jerel Worthy/Isaiah Pead

barryr
04-13-2012, 10:36 AM
Reyes is quicker, more athletic and stronger than Worthy, and that matters in the NFL where simply running through OL doesn't happen as often.

Robert Ayers was a late bloomer in college who was stupidly put in a position he had no chance of succeeding in at OLB. That said, his best year, he had 4 sacks and only 9 sacks for his career, but good tackles for loss numbers, which show what he really is. He is a solid run defender at DE, but not a pass rusher, which run defenders at DE are rarely thought of as great players.

pricejj
04-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Like Mayock said, all you have to do is watch him up against two of the best Olines in college, Wisconsin and Iowa. He can dominate.

Montee Ball ran it up the middle for 4 touchdowns against Michigan State in the Big 10 Championship game. Worthy didn't have any effect on any of those plays, and finished the game with 1 solo tackle, and 1 assist.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Montee Ball ran it up the middle for 4 touchdowns against Michigan State in the Big 10 Championship game. Worthy didn't have any effect on any of those plays, and finished the game with 1 solo tackle, and 1 assist.

He was talking the regular season games, not the Bowl Game.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 10:42 AM

Sorry. Didn't see that game. I would assume after Worthy had his way with them in the seasonal contest, they spent a whole lot of effort double-teaming him in the second meeting. But, like I say, I didn't see it.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess I just don't think he dominated against Wisconsin in the first game either...I will rewatch the youtube later today.

...I just think we could get better value at DT in the 2nd with Wolfe.

Uh, he dominated them.

pricejj
04-13-2012, 10:54 AM
Uh, he dominated them.

I'll rewatch it tonight.

Bmore Manning
04-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Do you honestly think anybody is going to take you seriously when you claim to be an Indianapolis fan, yet had no idea what kind of defense they ran for the past 15 years?

What games of Worthy's did you actually watch? Without Googling, could you actually tell me last year what games he played well in and which ones he played poor in?

Probably not.

When you learn how to speak to people, then we can have a very in depth conversation about Worthy.
He doesn't have it at the next level, Barry just a few posts above said the same thing I said, so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 11:00 AM
Mayock references Worthy's play against WI and Iowa... the reality is that Worthy got the living **** kicked out of him all day in both games.

Mayock jumps the shark and gets further away from what made him more and more each season.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 11:02 AM
When you learn how to speak to people, then we can have a very in depth conversation about Worthy.
He doesn't have it at the next level, Barry just a few posts above said the same thing I said, so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Barry now there is a poster I want on my side. Hilarious!

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Uh, he dominated them.

No he didnt...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HG-bBOUUnYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Requiem
04-13-2012, 11:10 AM
No he didnt...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/HG-bBOUUnYw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol.

yerner
04-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Chandler Jones sure looked interesting. That dude has the same crazy body type as his brother. One more pass rusher wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM

Not interested in having a discussion on defensive tackles with a guy who doesn't even know what kind of defense his favorite team ran for 15 years. Sorry, that would be like talking to a tard about astrophysics.

Chris
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Maycock?

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Chandler Jones sure looked interesting. That dude has the same crazy body type as his brother. One more pass rusher wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

He is moving up boards from what I heard.

yerner
04-13-2012, 11:18 AM
He is moving up boards from what I heard.

I hope not too far that the Broncos don't at least have the choice of taking him. I would love a great defensive tackle, but if the front office doesn't think there is one there, I'm cool with drafting something else. I just want them to draft an impact player. A defensive pass rusher like Jones would be an alright consolation prize.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 11:21 AM
I hope not too far that the Broncos don't at least have the choice of taking him. I would love a great defensive tackle, but if the front office doesn't think there is one there, I'm cool with drafting something else. I just want them to draft an impact player. A defensive pass rusher like Jones would be an alright consolation prize.

He might go in the top 20.

Rohirrim
04-13-2012, 11:24 AM

That's kind of how I feel, at least as far as the first round goes. BPA works fine for me. Even if it's Mark Barron. Anybody who can come in and make a difference - quickly.

yerner
04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
He might go in the top 20.

That's too bad. Just looking at his youtube vids, he is the first player I've watched that might be available that I'm like "wow." Guy is going to be a monster at the pro level.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 11:29 AM
That's too bad. Just looking at his youtube vids, he is the first player I've watched that might be available that I'm like "wow." Guy is going to be a monster at the pro level.

I think he is under fans radars but, not scouts.

barryr
04-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Barry now there is a poster I want on my side. Hilarious!

You know you put someone in their place when they need to bring you up all the time LOL :wave:

Bmore Manning
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Not interested in having a discussion on defensive tackles with a guy who doesn't even know what kind of defense his favorite team ran for 15 years. Sorry, that would be like talking to a tard about astrophysics.

So because I make a correction to a well respected and intelligent poster, I get treated the way I have? I'm actually right about what I said but we don't need to go there again. Think what you want Bro.

Others see Worthy for the one trick pony he is, snap count anticipator. I watched him all season closely. Think what you want. He doesn't have a great motor, he disappears far to often and he guess snap counts which won't happen in the NFL. There will be better players available @25, and good DTs later in the draft. Sorry I know you like the kid, but that's the truth.

yerner
04-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I think he is under fans radars but, not scouts.

I guess so. Mcshay has him going to the Jets at 16. Kiper to the Chargers at 18. Bummer. Worthy and Still don't do nothing for me. Then again, I don't really know what I'm looking at all the time.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I want to see Worthy or Janoris Jenkins...

I'd fap if somehow we could move back to the 30's, net an extra 2nd rounder and get Worthy in the 30's and Jenkins in the 40's.

barryr
04-13-2012, 11:46 AM
If the Broncos really want to go with BPA at #25, that player likely is Doug Martin. I don't see Worthy ever being much more a pass rusher than Bunkley and for me, that isn't BPA at 25 unless you are in good shape everywhere else on your roster or something. I'm not saying Worthy will be terrible, but at 25, I feel bad value. Bunkley had more hype about him coming out of college and he was just let go and has never been much a pass rusher himself.

Chris
04-13-2012, 11:56 AM
No he didnt...

He did kind of look like **** in this video. Made the wrong decision a couple of times, only tackled the dude when he basically ran into him.

barryr
04-13-2012, 12:00 PM
He did kind of look like **** in this video. Made the wrong decision a couple of times, only tackled the dude when he basically ran into him.

Like with about any player, you can find great tape and bad tape if you look long enough. I just like Reyes better as a DT than Worthy and Still would be better as a DE in a 3-4 defense.

Vegas_Bronco
04-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Worthy will be there at 25 but that wont make him the best player on the board at that time. I expect this draft to get messy in the first round. There is too much value in picks 30-90 and unlike most on here I wouldn't be surprised to see us go offense rb/wr or defense lb/cb/safety in round 1.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Worthy will be there at 25 but that wont make him the best player on the board at that time. I expect this draft to get messy in the first round. There is too much value in picks 30-90 and unlike most on here I wouldn't be surprised to see us go offense rb/wr or defense lb/cb/safety in round 1.

This is going to be a ridiculous first round. Nobody likes where they are at besides the Colts and Redskins. Hilarious!

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 12:20 PM

Yep. It's basically elite talent in the top 5-7 with two potential franchise QB's at the top of the pyramid and bunch of gray after that. Which means a ton of value in the 2nd round. I like Jenkins better than any CB in the first round. I think Zach Brown might slip into the 2nd round and be a stud. Reyes, Crick, Polk, LeMichael James, Ta'mamu (sp?) the DT from Washington, Allen could provide interior line depth. Lot's and lots of value top to bottom in the 2nd round.

pricejj
04-13-2012, 12:22 PM
If the Broncos really want to go with BPA at #25, that player likely is Doug Martin. I don't see Worthy ever being much more a pass rusher than Bunkley and for me, that isn't BPA at 25 unless you are in good shape everywhere else on your roster or something. I'm not saying Worthy will be terrible, but at 25, I feel bad value. Bunkley had more hype about him coming out of college and he was just let go and has never been much a pass rusher himself.

Barryr, Doug Martin is a 5th year Senior, with 4.55 speed. He would backup McGahee, and get 7-10 touches a game for about 50 yards. McGahee is a better RB (11th in NFL) than Martin. We can get Cyrus Gray in the 3rd, with a similar result.

Kendall Wright would have a much bigger effect on this Offense. The dude is unstoppable underneath, and faster than DT over the top. The Broncos would legitimately be able to go score for score with New England. We don't have that ability right now.

TheReverend
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM

Or when he leaps offsides.

Requiem
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
If you think Doug Martin is the BPA you are smoking crack like a king.

pricejj
04-13-2012, 12:39 PM

I would be down with that. Whatever it takes to be able to break the cocoon around Brady.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 12:57 PM
I guess so. Mcshay has him going to the Jets at 16. Kiper to the Chargers at 18. Bummer. Worthy and Still don't do nothing for me. Then again, I don't really know what I'm looking at all the time.

Watch Curry and see what you think.

lonestar
04-13-2012, 01:09 PM
Reyes is quicker, more athletic and stronger than Worthy, and that matters in the NFL where simply running through OL doesn't happen as often.

Robert Ayers was a late bloomer in college who was stupidly put in a position he had no chance of succeeding in at OLB. That said, his best year, he had 4 sacks and only 9 sacks for his career, but good tackles for loss numbers, which show what he really is. He is a solid run defender at DE, but not a pass rusher, which run defenders at DE are rarely thought of as great players.

I'll take a few guys like ayers that can keep the run game stopped, any day over flash like Miller who on passing downs is so intent to get to the QB they run the ball right past him for the big gains..

now I'm sure that the coaching will help him to play smarter this coming year, but Ayers is very consistent at what he does. After all he has been a real DE for how long now.. One year..

yerner
04-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Watch Curry and see what you think.

He looks good. More of a 2nd rounder though, right? Not quite that freak build Jones has but looks to play with more bull rush and power. I like having team captains in the mix. Plus, his back story is pretty inspirational.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 01:14 PM
He looks good. More of a 2nd rounder though, right? Not quite that freak build Jones has but looks to play with more bull rush and power. I like having team captains in the mix. Plus, his back story is pretty inspirational.

I tend to think he is a second rounder but these days I wouldn't be shocked if he went late in the first. McShay thinks Jones can play anywhere you line him up in a front 7.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Rep all around for 3 pages of solid draft talk. One of the better threads I've read on here in a while.

Bmore Manning
04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
I think Martin could even potentially play UT. I think Denver can realistically trade down, depending on who Rams and Eagles draft and who falls they have two attractive second round picks. Indy may want Fleener for Luck, so they would probably have to trade up. I think Denver can and should trade down, presuming Cox, Brockers, Poe, Kirpatrick, Barron, Gilmore, Jenkins are all gone... Cause I think they could still get a top RB/WR in the early second, and there's better DT value from 2 on.

barryr
04-13-2012, 01:38 PM
Barryr, Doug Martin is a 5th year Senior, with 4.55 speed. He would backup McGahee, and get 7-10 touches a game for about 50 yards. McGahee is a better RB (11th in NFL) than Martin. We can get Cyrus Gray in the 3rd, with a similar result.

Kendall Wright would have a much bigger effect on this Offense. The dude is unstoppable underneath, and faster than DT over the top. The Broncos would legitimately be able to go score for score with New England. We don't have that ability right now.

Gray is smaller and not as strong as Martin. Martin can also catch the ball out of the backfield. Turbin is who I would want if not Martin.

Wright would provide much needed speed at WR for sure, which they lack at WR right now.

barryr
04-13-2012, 01:39 PM

If you think Worthy is going to be any better than Bunkley, then you are your usual idiot, socially inept self.

Drunken.Broncoholic
04-13-2012, 01:40 PM
Broncos are rumored to be interested in trading for Felix Jones. If they go for a trade like this the mid to late round picks won't be there. That could tempt them to trade down.

barryr
04-13-2012, 01:43 PM
I think Martin could even potentially play UT. I think Denver can realistically trade down, depending on who Rams and Eagles draft and who falls they have two attractive second round picks. Indy may want Fleener for Luck, so they would probably have to trade up. I think Denver can and should trade down, presuming Cox, Brockers, Poe, Kirpatrick, Barron, Gilmore, Jenkins are all gone... Cause I think they could still get a top RB/WR in the early second, and there's better DT value from 2 on.

I also like Martin since he isn't known to take plays off and he has a low center of gravity, combined with long arms. He won't be a sack type of guy, but I can see him solid against the run.

My top 2 guys are Cox and Gilmore, but they figure to be gone by 25. Reyes is who I would want if taking a DT at 25.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2012, 01:44 PM
Broncos are rumored to be interested in trading for Felix Jones. If they go for a trade like this the mid to late round picks won't be there. That could tempt them to trade down.

I would like that.

barryr
04-13-2012, 01:50 PM

That would be interesting for sure, though Jones has injury issues, maybe he could stay healthy sharing carries. He is still young though, only turns 25 next month.

oubronco
04-13-2012, 02:12 PM

I would rather they take Martin or Turbin

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 02:22 PM
I would rather they take Martin or Turbin

Yeah.
A rotation consisting of a decent power back north of 30 in Willis, a speed back with a history of injuries, in Jones and a 3rd down back coming off a major injury who wasn't exactly a burner before the injury (Moreno) doesn't excite me. I'd rather give up a 3rd for Stewart than a 4th for Jones.

pricejj
04-13-2012, 02:24 PM

...or taking bong rips like Janoris. That dude is going to get popped on his first UA.

yerner
04-13-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah.
A rotation consisting of a decent power back north of 30 in Willis, a speed back with a history of injuries, in Jones and a 3rd down back coming off a major injury who wasn't exactly a burner before the injury (Moreno) doesn't excite me. I'd rather give up a 3rd for Stewart than a 4th for Jones.

Jones hasn't really played at the same speed since his rookie year. Don't know why, but he hasn't been the same since he put on the extra muscle. Anything more than a 5th is overpaying. I would prefer a 6th or later.

iforgotmypassword
04-13-2012, 02:30 PM

Probably not.

He knew the Defense, and actually proved half you guys wrong. Give it a break.

razorwire77
04-13-2012, 02:32 PM
...or taking bong rips like Janoris. That dude is going to get popped on his first UA.
They said the same thing about Randy Moss. From a talent standpoint Janoris would start opposite Champ from day one. He's got the best hips and instincts in the draft of anyone not named Morris Claiborne. If he's there at 57, you've gotta consider the risk/reward.

iforgotmypassword
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
Anybody have any Full Game Youtube on Cox??? Not youporn on Cox either for you wise guys :D

pricejj
04-13-2012, 02:44 PM
They said the same thing about Randy Moss. From a talent standpoint Janoris would start opposite Champ from day one. He's got the best hips and instincts in the draft of anyone not named Morris Claiborne. If he's there at 57, you've gotta consider the risk/reward.

I know he said he was smoking at North Alabama during combine interviews...but he had to tell those guys that he wasn't smoking anymore, right? To be that honest, he must have been like, "Yeah, I used to smoke, but I don't anymore, I won't anymore, and you can test me right now"....anything else would be a real head scratcher. The NFL gives out suspensions now, unlike in the past.

...or did he just get caught again at North Alabama?

Lestat
04-13-2012, 05:11 PM
i'm very skeptical about Worthy as a first round pick. i do not want him in the first, if he's taken in the 2nd round then that's great value and i would have absolutely no problem with the pick. but his motor and skills translating to the NFL worries me.

some games he'd a damn beast and then he disappears for like 4-5 games in a row and then ramps it back up and then goes back into just being there mode.
guys like that scare the **** out of me as first rounders.

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Worthy is nothing special, would be a disappointing first round pick

Kirpatrick
Still
Mercilus
Perry
hell even Brandon Thompson

all defensive players I would take before worthy in the first

Requiem
04-13-2012, 05:24 PM
If you think Worthy is going to be any better than Bunkley, then you are your usual idiot, socially inept self.

You rate Doug Martin as a first rounder and call someone an idiot. GTFO and go back to teaching kids that have higher IQs than you.

Lestat
04-13-2012, 05:27 PM

whether we trade for Jones or Stewart i still want a young RB drafted. Willis,Moreno,Ball & either Stewart or Jones doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies.

BroncoBen
04-13-2012, 06:52 PM

I used to think Mayock really knew his stuff, but he went the route of Mel Kiper and starting using a 'staff' of people to do the leg work on college player evaluations.

Now I will agree when both Moreno and Ayers came out they were considered by many 'draftniks' to be in the top 5 in their position. Especially Ayers because the DEs class very weak coming out of college that draft.

KevinJames
04-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Worthy is a beast, I wouldn't mind him at 25.

Doom Worthy Vickerson? Ayers

wouldn't be a half bad starting D-line

pricejj
04-13-2012, 07:07 PM
I used to think Mayock really knew his stuff, but he went the route of Mel Kiper and starting using a 'staff' of people to do the leg work on college player evaluations.

Now I will agree when both Moreno and Ayers came out they were considered by many 'draftniks' to be in the top 5 in their position. Especially Ayers because the DEs class very weak coming out of college that draft.

Even I knew that Knowshon wasn't a world-beater. He ran a 4.59 forty at his Pro Day. He had the same herky-jerky style in college, and was easily run down by LB's. Good player, yes. Top 5 overall? Hell no.

Ayers was pretty powerful, but had a spotty college career, and only 3 sacks as a 23 year old 5th year Senior RDE. To call him the best Defensive player in the draft over B.J. Raji, Brian Orakpo, and Brian Cushing was a stretch if I've ever seen one.